PF: VerdeGrove OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: PF: VerdeGrove OOC

Post by ctcmjh »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Problem is, who will start it and take over? ^^;
I think somebody, who is not already a GM of a roleplay, needs to volunteer. If multiple people volunteer, than we have an election.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

*looks left and right*

...well, if you didn't see me volunteering, you don't know me well enough. :P

Although, I have a feeling HyperGenisis will want this position, and I honestly believe he deserves it. He put a lot of work into trying to get Oasis Towers to join, and in making the other RPs, even if we didn't end up using them.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am not sure if he wanted to or not. But for me in any case, I am a follower, not a leader. ^^;
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Am I that much of an open book?

Anyways. YES I would like the position but all I can do right now is be a dunge- - Neighborhood master and update the OoC. ( I'd probably do it very actively too :lol: ) Problem is, I'm not really sure of the responsibilities of a GM ( and I have this little tendency to try and reason things in if I really like them ). So, sure I don't mind doing it, though people might need to lecture me sometimes if I mess something up.

And I probably like events ( festival, harvest season, holiday celebration, strong cyclones ) a little too much so if I ever do get this position then I'll probably be waaay more active in the OoC cooking stuff up than actually being in the RP XDD.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
FlintTheSquirrel

That is fine. ^^ Maybe your creative scenarios might help me learn to be creative. :3
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well thanks for that compliment. *goes off to research the possible presence of creativity in detail monsters*

Well, the topic's still fresh and some other might want the position too so. . .

Let's play the waiting game! 8D

Rule 1: Wait
Rule 2: Follow Rule 1

How to Win: Be the last one following Rule 1.
Souji

Post by Souji »

Name: Souji Seta
Species: Arctic Fox

~Appearance~
Height: 3' 10''
Small amount of headfur, large ears and "furry beard". Sometimes wears a robe when he is busy but otherwise wears nothing, being in the wild for so long. His fur is a light gray color with darker underfur on his hands, feet, belly and eartips.
Current picture, subject to improvement:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ ... 34e08f.jpg

~Personality...~
Souji has lived alone for most of his life. After learning how to read and write from his own kind in early childhood, their kin were attacked and supposedly killed by unknown invaders. Although at such a young age, he blames himself for not being skilled enough to protect his family. Broken and alone, he set out on his own to try and rebuild his life. His search has, hopefully, led him to VerdeGrove.

Souji Seta is very outgoing, jumps at every chance to make new friends, unless they are scared off by his abilities. Literally, he is almost up for anything at any time due to his naive nature. Unfortunately, his actions tend to lead him into deeper trouble than he intends, and pulls in anyone around him. He is caring for his friends (to him, anyone that will talk to him), but has a hard time showing true respect for anyone. You may sometimes find him employing sarcasm to cover his true feelings. However, once he is part of any kind of "inner circle", he becomes protective and you may find it hard to get rid of him. He dabbles in the healing of others, trying to become an accomplished healer and right past events.

~Side Notes~
Souji Seta is NOT aggressive unless provoked.
Does NOT have an owner. He has been in the wild for too long.
-Only wears his robe when working-
Due do being carnivorous, he may find it hard to resist "live food" if he is starving. However, his friends needn't worry, as he knows better than to eat fellows.
Has a substantial fear of the unknown, due to his past life.

~SPECIAL~

STR- 3 "You... you know, don't we have other people for the grunt work?"

PER- 9 "You should know better... it's hard to hide things from me."

END- 5 "Oh, I see. The whole "foxes are fast" stereotype, huh?"

CHA- 4 "Hi! My name's Souji! Didja know that?! I'm a fox.... Oh, I'm annoying you, eh?"

INT- 10 "-sigh-.. none of this material is new to me! -tosses aside the book-"

AGI- 8 "....just put it simply. If something scares the heck out of me, I WILL run. And you will never find me."

LUK- 3 "Look, we're here!...wait.... I was holding the map upside-down?"

8080FF Please! :3
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Soooo, I lose the waiting game :lol:

Since no one seems to be volunteering for GM, I guess I'll snatch the position for now.

Changes:
Posting speed is somewhat unclear for the moment. I would like to avoid the "A follows B" type posts that comes when a group moves too fast for the other RPers in the group, but I wouldn't like it either if the posting limit stops the posting from an active group. So let's just set the posting speed to 'Polite', wait for others to respond before continuing on. You can PM me if someone doesn't post and I would be more than happy to submit a summary to the other player.

Character Slots will remain to be 10 though during this application time I would remove the limits temporarily. I'm not saying everybody can just get in though, I'll be reviewing all character sheets. However, I believe I will be lenient. Also, I'll try to be responsible and open minded with your characters to the best of my ability *hint hint*. Other RPers are free to express their concerns about others' characters too. You may PM me about it and I'll try to settle it if I see it as a necessity.

Canon
Gun Ban - No one in Verde is allowed to carry firearms. You may have some at home but it is strictly for self-defense purposes only. Law enforcers carry stunlights, police batons and bear horns.
LucidDarkness wrote:If you have an questions, then ask them. I’ll be happy to explain further. Or if need be, make it up on the fly! Ha ha!
I'll be the one to try and do this.

/Changes

That's about it, I'll try to fulfill all the duties the last GM had set to himself and hopefully more. If there are any concerns with my actions, feel free to tell me about it. Just a reminder, I'm just going to be the temporary GM, we should hold a proper election soon. For the mean time however, I'll abuse my power to try and better this RP for all of us.

And here's my character while I'm playing GM.
Meschenitz wrote:Name: Salvatore Arctos
Species: Grizzly Bear, Male
Neighborhood: Verde Grove

Appearance:
Standing bipedally, Salvatore is 7’8” and weighs about 475 kilograms. His fur is golden brown, more brown than gold, and he wears an XXXXXL-sized suit during office hours. After hours, he usually wears nothing more than his collar as he never takes it off.

History and Personality:
Salvatore was once untrusted by the adults in Verde, and being a bear cub found by the mayor didn’t really help much aside from the kids, though he worked hard in protecting the town and being responsible that they soon grew to accept him.

People came to know Salvatore as a dedicated mayor (a good candidate in the very least) and is well known at hearing the problems of the people and finding ways to solve it. This has led him to pursue a study in vocational management and architecture. He has recently finished his studies and has now returned to Verde Grove where he applies most of this knowledge for the improvement of the city, while respecting the nature around the city and its rustic charms.

He lost his parents to poaching and he sees the town as his surrogate family, despite their history. It is unknown if his past caused him to push for the Anti-Firearms Act in Verde but it is clearly known that he is very strict in enforcing this law. With other laws however, he is quite lenient in listening to reason.

Other Notes:
- Is very calm, despite being a bear.
- Usually scours the wilderness for food early in the morning.
- Loves berries, despite being negligible to his hunger.
- Does not have a record of ever attacking humans, though he has several records of pulling people to the police station.

SPECIAL is referenced with bear stats

S - 7 "Need help with parking? :lol: "
P - 5 "Wait a moment, let me get my glasses"
E - 4 "I am getting old, but the town awaits."
C - 8 "Rawr? No no, I don't do that."
I - 9 "The only hard thing with architecture is these large stubby hands."
A - 4 "Rolling would be faster than running. . . I kid."
L - 5 "Hey, the coin's on its side."

Using color #FF0000
So just a roll call for now, please post your updated character sheets or your application for Verde. You may also add in if you want a Christmas or New Year arc, or the day before Valentine's if we want to prepare for it :lol: . Let's start breathing life back to Verde then, I hope to read from all of you soon.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlintTheSquirrel

Mesch. Aaron Volunteered, though the post was a bit misleading. ^^;

Ohh, also I will just stick with my good old character. ^^
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Name: Flint
Species: Flying Squirrel

-Appearance-
Height: 3'2" (4'8" on the IRC)
Wears a ragged pair of pants with a hole in the back for his tail.
Brown colored with Tan on his chest, around his mouth and eyes.
Looks like this. (UTC)
Drawing of Flint by Lucid.
Drawing of Flint by Souji.
(Thanks so much you two. ^^)

-Personality-
Flint is a happy go lucky type of guy that likes to spend his time in the forest. He is generally shy around others and also is very easily frightened. He is very friendly if you get to know him but might become a bit clingy because he does not have very many friends. He is not very good with trends of any sorts because he lives alone in the woods. Has a very care-free attitude because he does not have any duties he needs to fulfill. When he makes any mistakes against others, he usually beats himself up for it. He is also a pacifist of sorts and tries to avoid violence at all costs.

-Other Notes-
Though having wings, he does not tend to use them all that often.
Lives on a tree half a mile into the forest, the only thing that the tree has are two hammocks so he lives in simplicity.
Does not have a owner.
In the case that he is not able to find enough food for himself, he does minor theft. He is very good at picking locks and moving around sneakily and unnoticed. He does not take much in the case that he does steal, only like a single food item or product like a pack of band-aids. If he can, he tries to return the product after he used it.
He has a fear of people licking him, he thinks of it as someone is tasting him and will run off without a second thought.

-SPECIAL-

Strength-4 (Does not use his strength much other than for climbing trees.)

Perception-9 (Being a squirrel, he is forced to stay alert of his environment.)

Endurance-5 (Is very fragile but can keep his pace for quite some time.)

Charisma- 4 (Is not the best at wording, when saying something it usually sounds like he is saying something completely different. Also because he is shy.)

Intelligence- 5 (Because he lives so simply, he had a lot of time to study. (To explain this, he stole books. Rest assured he returned them when he finished.))

Agility-10 (Being a squirrel, they have adapted to speed to escape predators.)

Luck- 2 (Is very clumsy and gets into a lot of bad situations.)

[#FF8000]
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

SQUIRRELY!
*runs off*
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Oh, so we should have the election before any changes actually take place then.

*wears paper bag of shame*
Democrazy: I vote for myself.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Imma in yur OOC's
Trollin yur players

(not really)
(Muahaha, my name has taken over the front page!)
(and one last thing while I'm here, meschy, PM :U)
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

*presses the small exclamation point at the bottom right of your post*

A little responsibility would save us from a lot of trouble.
Please keep randomness to the proper places, i.e. the nonsense thread.

This has been a public advisory courtesy of Verde News Live.

( OoC in the OoC: Back to topic )
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Well actually I was interested in joining this little neighbourhood ever since Lucid amde it...but was to slow to get a spot -_e Which made me kinda give up :P

The way it seemed also kind of scared me...like the rules and such (not scared as in I was afraid of it mind you >_>) But it hath interested me once more and xi was wondering if there be any spots, since I'm too tired and lazy too count ATM

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

It would depend on the GM actually, which has not yet been decided at this point. Maybe ready one just in case then?

*Runs off to send the election invite PM to all current members*
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Hmm...I might just do that!
His name shall be Decus, and he shall be marvelous!

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Election's up and we have a poll for it.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... =12&t=1189
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm looking forward to the results already. :D

Oh, and for my last post. All I meant was I would like to volanteer, although I'm guessing HyperGenisis would be as well...even if I was also mentioning how it already seems like he'd do an excellent job. Probably better then me, but I'll let you guys decide...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

*Likes the compliment*
but
*returns it*

44R0NM10, don't look at me with a magnifying glass XDD
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Kitten! :3!!!
You should totally do what,Meschy just aked you not too! :3

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Erm, alright Puppy!

*Looks at HyperGenisis with a magnifying glass* ;)
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

*Hugs and pets*
That's a good Kitten l3

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Just a reminder:

To those who haven't voted yet, elections would close in approximately 9 hours. So vote while you have the chance.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace" ( I think I used this wrong )
Souji

Post by Souji »

Hypergenesis wrote:Just a reminder:

To those who haven't voted yet, elections would close in approximately 9 hours. So vote while you have the chance.

"Speak now or forever hold your peace" ( I think I used this wrong )
It almost sounds like an epic marriage is going on between two well-known heroes or politicians. |D
FlintTheSquirrel

I guess it is to late now. ^^; Not many votes.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hypergenesis wrote: So just a roll call for now, please post your updated character sheets or your application for Verde. You may also add in if you want a Christmas or New Year arc, or the day before Valentine's if we want to prepare for it :lol: . Let's start breathing life back to Verde then, I hope to read from all of you soon.
Of course we can start at other days as well, just put in in. If no one suggests anything I'll go for a Christmas arc.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sooooo, would anybody be against me asking about being the assistant GM? Up to you guys really.

Anyway, i din;t really mind what we choose. I think we should go with a normal arc instead though honestly. Yet again, up to you guys though.
FlintTheSquirrel

I am not much of a leader person so I do not know what to suggest. ^^; Though I know you have experience with being an assist GM. I think all of this is up to Mesch and the Majority though. ^^;
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Souji> You're in, though I'll assume that Souji is using powdered glowing blue mushrooms in that picture |3.

Question would be is diesdoes he live in the forests of VerdeGrove or does he have someone sheltering him?

44R0NM10> I have completely no objections to both statements.

EDIT: I hate my typos. . . = 3=
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Oh god whyyyyyyyyy
Haven't....finished...character sheet >< Must...do so....
Hell, I haven't even finished Emile......

Souji

Post by Souji »

Hypergenesis wrote:Souji> You're in, though I'll assume that Souji is using powdered glowing blue mushrooms in that picture |3.

Question would be is diesdoes he live in the forests of VerdeGrove or does he have someone sheltering him?

44R0NM10> I have completely no objections to both statements.

EDIT: I hate my typos. . . = 3=
As of right now, Souji lives by himself in his own habitat.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Just an update,

We have 6 confirmed players, though 2 will be editing their character sheets still. So. . .

To those who are going to edit,
A little bump for you so we can start (after the edits). Although I did say 7 before, since there has been little response from the other original members, I'm going to assume they're either uninterested or busy with the holidays. Either way though, they're still welcome to post their char sheets or PM me if they'll be joining this neighborhood.

To those who want to join, there are currently 6 free character slots available. Just post your profile in this OoC (or the new one if this one locks) and I'll try to review it as soon as I can.

That will be all. Enjoy your holiday/vacation/December!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Hypergenesis wrote:Just an update,

We have 6 confirmed players, though 2 will be editing their character sheets still. So. . .

To those who are going to edit,
A little bump for you so we can start (after the edits). Although I did say 7 before, since there has been little response from the other original members, I'm going to assume they're either uninterested or busy with the holidays. Either way though, they're still welcome to post their char sheets or PM me if they'll be joining this neighborhood.

To those who want to join, there are currently 6 free character slots available. Just post your profile in this OoC (or the new one if this one locks) and I'll try to review it as soon as I can.

That will be all. Enjoy your holiday/vacation/December!
I'm in there right? :o
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well now we have seven :D

Is there anything you want to edit with Cyrano's profile?
Zander

Post by Zander »

Hypergenesis wrote:Well now we have seven :D

Is there anything you want to edit with Cyrano's profile?
Not really :o
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Okay, I'm just waiting for 2 profiles that are still being edited, I'll start the RP after December 25.
FlintTheSquirrel

*Waits in extreme anticipation.* :3
Do hope it works this time around. ^^
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well the RP's up now so everyone's (everyone who's in ;3) free to post their opening posts.

I'll also be requesting the closure of this OoC after I fix up the map and stuff, so no current gossip or news for now.
FlintTheSquirrel

YAY! I will post soon. Hopefully today. ^^
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Oh, is this starting over? Or is it too late to join?