Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Cipher

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by Cipher »

As soon as he passed beneath him, she could see a certain look on his face. He seemed to be lost in thought, and dropped down. He was walking, she could keep up with him without having to find shortcuts. She finallly worked up the nerve to speak, and trotted up to him.

"Hey, umm... how are you?"

Inside, Gamma held his knees against his chest, listening intently to Zeke. Lupara still listened, but had begun to unpack the boxes they had carried in. He then noticed something, but waited for the next break in Zeke's song to say something.

"Boys, I forgot to go to get food. So I'm headed out, you can take care of yourselves, right?"

Gamma nodded.
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Hey, umm... how are you?"
"GAH!!"

The sudden question startled Marshall as he turned around to see another dog behind him. Somehow this dog managed to sneak up on him which is unusual as he is normally alert to his surroundings. "Am I losing my touch?..Nah..probably got distracted by THAT." he thought to himself.

"Uh..pardon me for that. I kinda didn't noticed you." said Marshall as he struggle to find words. After a few seconds he replied to the earlier question, "I'm a bit tired from the jogging but otherwise fine. Name's Marshall by the way. What's yours?"

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"I'm going to go outside for a little bit ok. I like to gaze at the stars" Zeke smiled and went outside spotting a tree in the yard "Perfect..." he smiled and climed up to a high up branch that easily supported his weight, and kicked back and gazed out at the stars and began to play his violin and played Dream Delight and sang along
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

"Masca..."

She was trying to find something else to say, realizing she had approached the new arrival to the neighborhood without thinking of any kind of conversation starter. She held her wrist with her paw, growing embarrassed, blood rushing to her cheeks and ears.

"So... umm... when did you move in?"
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Nice to meet you Masca. I moved in not long ago and was hoping that my jog would help me familiarize the neighborhood." said Marshall before adding "Would you mind showing me around the place?"

Jack

Post by Jack »

Jack looked out the car window at all the houses passing by. "Hey Mom Dad which house is ours?" Jack asked "Were almost there, don't worry." Jack was very exited. He liked change and so moving was the most excitement he had for a while. He was also exited about seeing this pet friendly neighbourhood.

They finally reached the new house. They got out of their car and took some personal positions from the trunk. For Jack it only meant taking his squeak toy with his mouth. he stopped to look around him with a smile on his face. "Hey Mom im going for a walk ok?" said Jack "Ok honey just don't get lost." "I won't" he began strolling down the street looking around for something interesting.
He walked a few blocks when suddenly a melody reached his ears. He walked towards the music until he finally saw another pet playing a violin on top of a tree. He sat down under the tree and listened to sounds. "You play nice." Jack said in a calm steady voice.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke's ears pricked when he heard another pet below the tree "Thanks!" he smiled and hung upside down by his legs "Hi my name is Zeke!" he said hoisting himself back up "No I'm not a cat I'm just a good climber" he laughed a d began to play again "Won't you play a simple melody, Like my mother sang to me. One with good old fasioned harmony,play a smiple melody!" he began to play a bit faster" My heart is palpitatin from all this syncopation, when I hear a band. When I'm with my honey my feet start acting funny, when I hear a band. So pardon all my croonin my simple way of swoonin, when I hear a band" he kept the same tempo but played the notes a bit lower "Musical demon set your honey a dreamin won't you play me some rag? Just change that classical nag, to some sweet beutiful drag. Won't you just play me a copy of a tune that is choppy and you'll all my applause ,and that is simply because, I love to listen to rag!" he finished with a bit of zaz on the end "Whatcha think of that?"
Pet Friendly:
Jack

Post by Jack »

"oh yes. you show much talent indeed. My name is Jack. i moved here about..." *he thought* "10 minutes ago!" Jack looked up "hey! you think maybe you can show me around? or is it too late for you?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"I would...But I just got here not to long ago as well" Zeke smiled "I gotta go inside too... Gauge and Lupara may be worried about me..." he scratched his muzzle "Hey how about I meet you tomorrow?"
Pet Friendly:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Jack smiled "ooh! we can go exploring together! it will be like an adventure!! then i guess i will see you tomorrow at around... 1:00 PM?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke nodded"Alright I'll be there!" he smiled "see ya tomorrow then Jack!" he smiled and went back inside. He noticed Lupara and Guage asleep and saw a box marked blankets and opened it throwing a blanket on each of them "Night guys..." he said quietly and went to an upstairs room and layed down next to a window and gazed out at the stars and found himself quickly falling asleep
Pet Friendly:
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

"Ohh... umm... you... really want me to show you around?"

She blushed, looking down at her feet, avoiding eye contact with Marshall.

"Well, okay..."

She thought of the nearest location of note, and motioned for Marshall to follow. She wasn't very clear about where they were going.

In his sleep, Gamma dreamed, remembering days long gone. He remembered that attack, the insurgents came out of the trees. They were surrounded, it seemed there was no hope. Gunfire surrounded him, explosions going off as the insurgents encroached on the convoy, systematically demolishing their vehicles... his memories became erratic, fading in and out, until he remembered coming out of a daze, he could see nothing through his right eye, and his entire body burned with intense pain. He looked up at the burning remains of one of the convoy's trucks before him. It was that fateful moment, that he saw it. That shadowy figure, rising from the flames and debris, blood-red eyes leering at him through the flickering flames. Then, blackness; he remembered no more, the blood loss had rendered him unconscious. He tossed in his sleep, that figure amidst the flames, what who was it? What was it?
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"So what do you do for a living?" Marshall asked while walking besides her. The stars are out now, spread across the night sky as they did since ancient times. "They sure are pretty" said Marshall after a while while looking up into the distant night sky.
Last edited by EchoFireant on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jack

Post by Jack »

"Ok! see ya tomorrow!" Jack whirled backwards on his knee and continued his walk down the street. "this place sure is nice. i wonder if i will run in to more pets!" Just as the thought ran trough his head he heard someone talking. almost without thinking he went to hide in the bushes. "so what do you do for a living?" one pet said. "they sure are pretty.". Jack looked up "they really are pretty."
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind stood on the porch with his Upright Bass just improvising
Snowblind: I wonder if I'll be able to be in a Jazz Band someday... Certainly having my own upright bass would help, they're big and expensive.
"Inside our ribs we take an average of 60 beats per minute ba-rum-puh-pum-pum, ba-rum-pa-pum-pum-pum" - Cloud Cult
Pet Friendly: Snowblind Fox: S5 P5 E6 C6 I5 A8 L7
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

She looked up then, staring up at the stars.

"My papa is a physician at the hospital... he did teach me a little, but I really don't make any living."

It was then another voice sounded nearby, and her ears snapped in the direction she heard the noise come from. She zeroed in on the bush, her sharp eyes able to make out the shape of something amidst the foliage.

"H-hello? Is someone there?"
Jack

Post by Jack »

"No no... no one at all. Just your friendly neighbourhood bush." Said Jack just to be funny. He then got up and gave a friendly "Hi! Im Jack! I just moved to the house down the street and i was taking a stroll when i heard you two talking and decided this would be funny." he looked at the bush behind him "Not really sure why i thought it would be funny but here i am now. So who are you?" He said with a smile.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke was deep in sleep and began to dream.He was in a weird place and had weapon of sorts on his back with Guage and Jack on either side of him. The three of them were standing in front of a door and Zeke stood closest to it. He began to reach out and his heartbeat could be heard in the air getting kouder after every second beat until he reached out and touched the door. The door rippled like a liquid and pulled Zeke in and something flashed. It was a girl and Zeke had killed her. It was just a vision and Zeke was shot out the door at an angle sending him off the side of the bridge they were on. Zeke fell and fell and continued falling endlessly and suddenly he stopped and he awoke with a scream "AHHH!" he bolted straight up
Pet Friendly:
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Hi, nice to meet you Jack, I'm Marshall and this is Masca. Next time, don't hide in the bushes. Makes you look like a thief." Said Marshall.
"What is wrong with pets around here hiding in trees and bushes?" then he began to smile at himself at the irony "though not inside a bush, makes too much noise with the branches snagging on the gear.".

Returning back to Masca, "I see. Well, from where I was before I came here, pets had military jobs. What I did was mostly boring" he said which is partly truthful. Until things starts to get very hot anyways.
Last edited by EchoFireant on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

Vi walks up to everyone with Kenn on her shoulder.

Vi: Hello. :)

Kenn: Hey, all. :)
Jack

Post by Jack »

"Ya well I just thought it would be funnier that way." Jack laughed. Then suddenly as if out of nowhere a beautiful cat with the strangest fur colour he had ever seen came and said hello. He was gonna say hello but he forgot how to speak "I... Ah..." One simple set of words kept racing through his head and that was:
"Cat got your tongue? Cat got your tongue? Cat got your tongue? Cat got your tongue? Cat got your tongue? Cat got your tongue?"
He finally managed to form a simple sentence. "Im Jack" His mouth remained open.
MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

Vi: Well, Hi, Jack, It's nice to meet you. I'm...Violet. But you can cal me Vi. and this is Kenn.

Kenn: 'Sup?
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke walked back outside and went a good ways from the house and sat near a bush and began to play the song that was in the background of his dream. It was fast and long but he continued to play and found his eyes closed and he saw himself fighting against some creature
Pet Friendly:
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

MC_Hollis wrote:Vi walks up to everyone with Kenn on her shoulder.

Vi: Hello. :)

Kenn: Hey, all. :)

"Where did you come from?!" Ask a somewhat shocked Marshall. The last time he checked, the street was nearly empty except for the group of three. What is with this place and pets appearing almost out of no where? To think by now I would have gotten used to that or I'm really losing my touch.
Vi: Well, Hi, Jack, It's nice to meet you. I'm...Violet. But you can cal me Vi. and this is Kenn.

Kenn: 'Sup?
"Anyways, nice to meet you Vi, Kenn. Name's Marshall. Sorry about the earlier statement. Still haven't quite gotten used to pets that could sneak up on me."

MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

Vi: Sorry about that.

Kenn: So, what' up for today?
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Oh nothing much. Masca is showing me around the neighborhood and then you guys showed up. After that, probably gonna go have a quick shower then hit the sack."

MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

Vi: I see, so you're new. Cool. Mom just got Kenn out of his workshop for some fresh air.

Kenn: My tower... :cry:
Jack

Post by Jack »

"Ya its ah... kinda late and um..." Jack tried focusing his thoughts. "So Vi you sayin' you and Kenn already live here? well great cos me and this other dude zeke were thinking about going for a walk around here to get to know the neighbourhood. you wanna be our guide maybe?" Jack sniffed the air and thought "wow, it really is late. time passes by real fast."
MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

Vi: sure! :D

Kenn: okay. Follow us.
Jack

Post by Jack »

"ah no, no, not right now! i meant tomorrow! that dude went to sleep already. how does 1:00 PM tomorrow sound?"

(out of character: MC_Hollis, check out what i said in the OOC.)
MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

<Okay thnx>

Vi: ... Alright.

Kenn: Okay, sure.

Kenn climbs up on top of Vi's head, anxious to get back to his project.
Jack

Post by Jack »

"Ok so im gonna go get some sleep before i drop right here." mostly he just didn't know how long he would be able to look at Vi without drooling. "So see ya guys and good night!" As he said this he turned and walked home. "the sound of silence sure is nice" he thought. "i wonder if im thinking about the song or the actual thing." he made himself giggle. he made it home said goodnight to mom and dad and dropped in a corner.
MC_Hollis

Post by MC_Hollis »

Kenn/Vi: Okay, see you later. :D

Vi, smiles she walks home, with Kenn sitting atop her head.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Jack dreamed he was on a boat ride in the morning while everything was quite and the sun was out but everything was still cold as if the night has yet to truly leave. he went to the front of the boat where he saw someone who was very pretty and femine. he soon realised it was Vi. at that point he woke up. "ah man... why now?" he said while raising his head. it was still night outside. Jack never really had a dogs sleeping pattern. he slept like a cat, taking a nap here and there. he pulled a book from a box and began reading it seeing as how he didn't know anyone around and didn't know where the pets he just met live. thats how he planned on spending the rest of the night.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

A tan Bronco truck topped with flood lights carrying a motorbike in the back bed sped down the road with a medium sized travel trailer in tow. It continued past an exit road and passed a sign that read "Pet friendly Richardson Valley". Blood shifted in his seat and cranked his head towards his 26-year-old human companion. "Hey Dust; I think you just missed our stop." He said sounding annoyed. "No, I didn't. We can't stay there."He replied dryly.

Blood glared at his friend, becoming a little aggravated. "You've got to be freaking kidding. We've been on the road for nearly seven hours now with only two rest stops. What the h***'s wrong with that place?The coydog barked, already stir-crazy from their excruciatingly long drive from Arizona. Dustin ignored Bloods complaining and explained. "When we last stopped for gas, I asked around about Richardson Valley. From what I've heard, it's already packed. So there would be no room for us there. Don't worry though. A few of the people I spoke with recommended me to a nearby community called Radiant Gardens. There should be plenty of room for us there."

Blood sank back into his seat and sighed. "Just how much further is it?" He asked. "Only about fifteen miles, I'm pretty sure you'll survive." As the truck continued down the road, Blood stuck his head out the window and surveyed the surrounding area. He could see a forest tree line in the distance, as well as some open fields dotted by small trees. Probably the remains of an old farming community. They continued to drive, passing over a few small rivers by bridge along the way, soon nearing the next exit road, and another sign that read "Welcome to pet friendly Radiant Gardens."
The truck slowed as it entered the sub residential area. Dust quickly spotted a vacant field at the end of an unfinished street and pulled up beside it. As soon as the truck parked, Blood hopped out and stretched.
Last edited by D-Singer on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke contiued playing the tempo rising and music getting louder until a string popped and made a big gash on his cheek "Ah!" he put his paw to the gash "Great..." he sighed and put the violin on his back and went back to the house "Gauge...." he aproached silently "Gauge...." he said placing his paw on Gauge's shoulder
Pet Friendly:
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Well those two are gone. So what do you want to do now? If you're tired, I can escort you back home and leave the tour of the neighborhood for tomorrow." said Marshall politely.

Cipher

Post by Cipher »

"Oh... umm... thanks... that will help a lot..."

She turned to walk back, looking down at her feet while she walked, she began to make a number of realizations. First, he assumed she had a job, after all, he had asked her what she did for a living. That could only mean he himself was no ordinary housepet like her; he had a job or some kind of a living himself. She tried to deduce what she could from him, trying to limit her observations to confirm if he was one of the more common jobs a dog might be assigned, a police dog, an aide for the blind or disabled, or less likely, a dog trained to detect medical anomalies. Giving up on doing it the hard way, she simply asked.

"Marshall... you never really told me what you do for a living yourself..."

Gamma didn't immediately wake up, he was still reliving that time a year ago in his dreams. He crawled towards his owner, who was lying propped against a large piece of debris, gasping for air as he held his injuries. He seemed to be barely conscious.

"Ugh... Gamma..."

Half of his field of vision was obscured in darkness, and something warm and wet covered his cheek. It didn't occur to him at the time what the warm, wet feeling on his cheek was.

"Daad.... daaaaddd..."

"Вниз мальчик..."

Looking up, Gamma saw one of the insurgents walk towards them, a red buckshot shell of 12 gauge ammunition flying through the air as he racked his weapon. He watched the spent shell bounce only a short distance away from him. Gamma rolled over onto his back, watching the barrel of the weapon rise up his chest, stopping over his heart.

"Где оружие?"

The insurgent only waited a short moment, before his finger tightened around the trigger. He awoke from the nightmare, and grabbed Zeke, holding his arm as if disarming a man with a gun. When he realized who he was grabbing, he promtly let go.

"Sorry... I had a nightmare... did you need something?"
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Marshall... you never really told me what you do for a living yourself..."
Marshall slowed down his pace while turning to face her and said it in an almost monotonous tone, "I'm just a former military dog." In his mind, the word "former" didn't mean anything, just a front to be delivered to those around them, not because they like to lie, it is to protect both those around them and their identities. Both him and John are on the active recall list.

He didn't liked lying to any pet or person but in order to protect, a hint of truth is added so that the lies would always be added to make them seem believable. Even more so now because of what had happened on mission that went disastrously wrong.

On his face, a hint of discomfort showed, not only because of flat answer but because of the lie to her. It wasn't in him to lie to a lady.
Last edited by EchoFireant on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Blood from Zeke's face dripped onto the floor "Ya... I need something for my face" he said putting hispaw back to his cut "A string snapped and cut open my face... its kinda bad" he tilted his head away from the cut to keep from dripping on the floor and restrict anymore blood loss
Pet Friendly: