Pet Friendly - Seabreeze Harbor

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: Pet Friendly - Seabreeze Harbor

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo chuckled a little, "Wendy, don't worry about it. Other pets and humans are ordering milk too." He told her.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo chuckled a little, "Wendy, don't worry about it. Other pets and humans are ordering milk too." He told her.
"Oh...." said Wendy, turning red.

She looked around.

"W-Well...it seems like a nice, friendly place.... And it smells scrumpty. W-Will they bring us menus?"
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As if on cue, the waitress returned holding a tray with their drinks and two menus under her arm. She placed the two drinks in front of the two of them and handed them the menus, blushing, "Sorry that I forgot your menus. I just started yesterday." She apologized. Nemo smiled, "It's okay." He said. She smiled back to the two of them, "I'll be back in a minute to take your orders."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:As if on cue, the waitress returned holding a tray with their drinks and two menus under her arm. She placed the two drinks in front of the two of them and handed them the menus, blushing, "Sorry that I forgot your menus. I just started yesterday." She apologized. Nemo smiled, "It's okay." He said. She smiled back to the two of them, "I'll be back in a minute to take your orders."
Wendy's ears perked up in surprise.

"Wow...they're really efficient here," she said. She began to drink her milk.

"What are you going to have?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo took a sip from his glass of water as he looked at his menu. He thought for a minute, "I might have the grilled mushroom Swiss burger." He said, "What about you?"
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo took a sip from his glass of water as he looked at his menu. He thought for a minute, "I might have the grilled mushroom Swiss burger." He said, "What about you?"
"Um...well...I-I think I'll try that too," said Wendy.

She wasn't sure, but she wanted herself and her boyfriend to like the same things.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper laughed in joy as they finally started on getting to Janus' place. His mouth was already watering, he almost felt like picturing a giant ham in front of him and just pigging out with his imagination. He was taken from his thoughts as Janus spoke to him. He smiled happily. "Yeah! I play guitar actually. And a bit of piano as well! Pops is the one who likes the saxophone, but hey, I'll listen to anything I can dance to! Think I could hear some of yours later?" He laughed happily again, looking at Janus and catching a certain gaze in his eye.

Jasper usually didn't catch subtleties like that, but this one was a little more focused on him which caught his interest. "Hmm? What you looking at? My scars aren't bothering you, are they?" His hand came up, and touched the one scar on his side. The rib there was a little deformed, it had been broken in several places. It was his most memorable scar in his opinion, the wound from it was the moment in his life where for the first time... he thought was going to die. "They bother some people some times."
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Summer was wondering why Janus was so interested in talking to Jasper. She figured they must have been the first to meet each other in the new neighborhood. She hoped she could get to talk to Janus soon...or at least try to. She suddenly stopped and looked up into the trees along the path everyone was walking..
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Um...well...I-I think I'll try that too," said Wendy.

She wasn't sure, but she wanted herself and her boyfriend to like the same things.
"You sure you want that? There's a lot of things on the menu." He told her. He didn't want her to get something just because he got it.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"S-Sure I'm sure! If my boyfriend likes it, it's good enough for me!" said Wendy.

She turned around. "Be QUIET in there!" she said to her backpack.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo smiled, "Okay then. I also like their grilled chicken burger, and their T-bone steak." He told her. He looked to Wendy's backpack, "Is Peter being bad again?" He asked.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo smiled, "Okay then. I also like their grilled chicken burger, and their T-bone steak." He told her. He looked to Wendy's backpack, "Is Peter being bad again?" He asked.
Wendy looked horribly confused, as though being given a test in a subject other than the one she'd studied for.

"B-But you're not ordering either of those?"

To Nemo's question, she said, "Oh, don't listen to a word he says, he's just a little boy and doesn't know what he's saying."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo nodded, "I got the chicken burger last time, and I don't feel like having steak right now." He told her, simply nodding as she told him about Peter.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo nodded, "I got the chicken burger last time, and I don't feel like having steak right now." He told her, simply nodding as she told him about Peter.
"W-Well then...if you don't mind.... M-Maybe I'll get the chicken burger?"

She winced as though afraid it was the wrong choice.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo just smiled, "Okay, that sounds like a good choice." He told her. He was happy she was getting something different than him, because he feared she was just trying to impress him by choosing the right thing.

A couple seconds later, the waitress came back, "Are you two ready to order?" She asked. Nemo nodded, "I'll have the grilled mushroom swiss burger, and she'll have the grilled chicken burger." He told the waitress. She wrote down their orders and smiled, "Alright, anything else?" Nemo shook his head, "No thanks." "Okay, your order will be here soon." She told them as she left to go back to the kitchen.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Th-Thank you for ordering for me, honey," said Wendy shyly. "But...i-if you don't mind, of course...w-would you call me 'the lady'? You know, as in 'and for the lady?' I've seen gentleman do that in the movies Mommy and I watch."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo blushed and felt a little stupid, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll do that next time." He said, rubbing the back of his head feeling a bit guilty. He wanted to impress her somehow and felt like he blew it.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo blushed and felt a little stupid, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll do that next time." He said, rubbing the back of his head feeling a bit guilty. He wanted to impress her somehow and felt like he blew it.
"Oh, please don't apologize!" said Wendy, concerned. "You've been a perfect gentleman, asking me out, picking me up, holding the door open for me, and ordering for me. I liked it, and I thank you for that. It's just that...well, I know how I've seen gentlemen treat ladies in the movies, and I want to be a proper lady on my first date with a boy...."

She turned red with embarrassment as though it were too late for that now.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

valerio

Post by valerio »

Mareks wrote:Jasper laughed in joy as they finally started on getting to Janus' place. His mouth was already watering, he almost felt like picturing a giant ham in front of him and just pigging out with his imagination. He was taken from his thoughts as Janus spoke to him. He smiled happily. "Yeah! I play guitar actually. And a bit of piano as well! Pops is the one who likes the saxophone, but hey, I'll listen to anything I can dance to! Think I could hear some of yours later?" He laughed happily again, looking at Janus and catching a certain gaze in his eye.

Jasper usually didn't catch subtleties like that, but this one was a little more focused on him which caught his interest. "Hmm? What you looking at? My scars aren't bothering you, are they?" His hand came up, and touched the one scar on his side. The rib there was a little deformed, it had been broken in several places. It was his most memorable scar in his opinion, the wound from it was the moment in his life where for the first time... he thought was going to die. "They bother some people some times."
Janus actually blushed. His ears lowered a little. "Wow...well, yes, sorry for staring at you like that. In fact, the first time I saw you I wondered how did you get mauled and got away with it. And no, they don't bother me at all, if you don't mind my eyes, that is." He pointed at his rare 'defect'. "I have gigas of music, from the most variuos genres. I'll put the best soundtrack as you tell me how you got those scars...if you don't mind telling." He chuckled, trying to hide the growing embarrassment. A little more 'subtle' than this, and he'll run away to be protected by me! Way to go, champ!
He needed to change subject quickly! He turned to the dalmatian mix. "Say, Summer! How long have you been doing this job? Did you have other...ferals visiting, recently, other than Joseph, or what's his name?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:["Oh, please don't apologize!" said Wendy, concerned. "You've been a perfect gentleman, asking me out, picking me up, holding the door open for me, and ordering for me. I liked it, and I thank you for that. It's just that...well, I know how I've seen gentlemen treat ladies in the movies, and I want to be a proper lady on my first date with a boy...."

She turned red with embarrassment as though it were too late for that now.
Nemo smiled and took her hand gently and kissed it, "Anything for you." He said with a smile.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo smiled and took her hand gently and kissed it, "Anything for you." He said with a smile.
Wendy gasped, blushed, then giggled.

"You are sweet...."

Smiling, her eyes half open, she folded her paws under her chin and said, "So...tell me something about yourself that I don't know."
PF chars

--Phoenix

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper nodded happily, liking the idea of a personalized soundtrack. No one had ever thought of putting one together for him before... then again he supposed it's because he never asked. A fuzzy feeling came over him, causing him to chuckle a little. Janus was making him happier then he'd been in awhile, and after the events that transpired a moment ago, it was helping to relieve a lot of tension! "My scars? Oh heck no! I love my scars, their like my trophies now, since dad and I ate the rest! And as for your eyes, I think their cool. Wish I had something like that, instead I got a blind one! Never 'saw it' coming! Haha!" He smirked and gestured to his eye with the scar across it. "Just let me know when you're ready for a story, and I'll tell you all about them!"

He of course was talking about the bear. Bear steaks were tough, but juicy, and a single bear could keep a family fed for months. He glanced over his shoulder as Janus called out to Summer. She had stopped, this prompted Jasper to stop once he noticed. He turned around slightly, and watched her with a gentle smile. A breeze caught his head fur, making it move slightly. Anyone from a distance watching would think it looked like a cheesy turning point in a movie. "Actually, yeah... tell us about yourself. And since theirs a neighborhood watch, any rules I should know?"
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Valerio wrote:He needed to change subject quickly! He turned to the dalmatian mix. "Say, Summer! How long have you been doing this job? Did you have other...ferals visiting, recently, other than Joseph, or what's his name?"
Summer turned quickly from looking into the trees to face the large Czech Wolf. "Oh, um...nothing I was just...I thought I heard something..." She was happy she was being noticed by Janus finally. "There's a really elusive raccoon I've been trying to stop, but every time it seems like I'm about to catch him, he gets away." She sighed as she looked at the ground, trying to buy pity from him. "I don't know how much more of his games I can take.
Also:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:Nemo smiled and took her hand gently and kissed it, "Anything for you." He said with a smile.
Wendy gasped, blushed, then giggled.

"You are sweet...."

Smiling, her eyes half open, she folded her paws under her chin and said, "So...tell me something about yourself that I don't know."
Nemo smiled at her gasp-blush-giggle. He loved that giggle.
He thought for a moment, "Well, I go sailing with my dad and Ahab at least once a week." He told Wendy.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Wow...what's that like?" said Wendy, starting to wag her tail.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Wow...what's that like?" said Wendy, starting to wag her tail.
Nemo smiled, "It's a lot of fun. The salty air surrounding you, water splashing onto your face, the swaying of the boat." He said with a smile, "My dad mans the helm, while Ahab controls the sails, and I navigate. It's really fun. Especially in the summer time." He told Wendy.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"Wow...what's that like?" said Wendy, starting to wag her tail.
Nemo smiled, "It's a lot of fun. The salty air surrounding you, water splashing onto your face, the swaying of the boat." He said with a smile, "My dad mans the helm, while Ahab controls the sails, and I navigate. It's really fun. Especially in the summer time." He told Wendy.
"I bet you're a great navigator!" said Wendy, fascinated. "Oh? Why especially in the summertime?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"I bet you're a great navigator!" said Wendy, fascinated. "Oh? Why especially in the summertime?"
"Thanks." He said, blushing, "Well, in the summertime, we get to go sailing for longer, and we go swimming when we come back to shore. And sailing with the warm sun on your fur feels really nice." He told her.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"I'll bet it DOES!" said Wendy, panting and wagging her tail. She had quite forgotten that they were in a restaurant where the point of going was to eat.

"C-Can you tell me any stories about your life as a navigator?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo smiled at her enthusiasm, "Well, I've learned how to read a compass and a map since I was seven months old." He told her, "And I've drawn hundreds of maps. Maps of the town, maps of the places we've been, maps of the places we've sailed to." He told her, "It's actually a lot of fun. And because of this, I have a great sense of direction." He told her.

The waitress had arrived carrying their food, "Okay, a grilled mushroom swiss burger for the gentleman, and a grilled chicken burger for the lady." She said, placing their foods in front of the two of them, "If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your meal!" She said. Nemo smiled, "Thank you." He said as she left. The meals for the two of them were fairly generous portions. The smell made Nemo's mouth water.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Nemo smiled at her enthusiasm, "Well, I've learned how to read a compass and a map since I was seven months old." He told her, "And I've drawn hundreds of maps. Maps of the town, maps of the places we've been, maps of the places we've sailed to." He told her, "It's actually a lot of fun. And because of this, I have a great sense of direction." He told her.

The waitress had arrived carrying their food, "Okay, a grilled mushroom swiss burger for the gentleman, and a grilled chicken burger for the lady." She said, placing their foods in front of the two of them, "If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your meal!" She said. Nemo smiled, "Thank you." He said as she left. The meals for the two of them were fairly generous portions. The smell made Nemo's mouth water.
"Wow...." said Wendy dreamily.

She was snapped out of it when their food arrived.

"Oh--thank you very much!" she said to the waitress.

Wendy didn't really like the smell of the mushrooms but didn't say anything--she simply sniffed her chicken burger. She had never eaten chicken as a burger before, but reasoned you ate it the same way as an ordinary burger.

"W-Well...dig in!" said Wendy.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Nemo smiled as he picked up his burger and took a bite. He loved the burgers here. He smiled at her after he swallowed, taking a sip of water.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Wendy took a bite of her chicken burger and washed it down with some milk. It tasted SO GOOD that she wanted to wolf the whole thing down, but that wouldn't be ladylike.

"Mmmmmmm.... This is so scrumpty, Nemo! Thank you so much!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

valerio

Post by valerio »

lightwolf21 wrote:
Valerio wrote:He needed to change subject quickly! He turned to the dalmatian mix. "Say, Summer! How long have you been doing this job? Did you have other...ferals visiting, recently, other than Joseph, or what's his name?"
Summer turned quickly from looking into the trees to face the large Czech Wolf. "Oh, um...nothing I was just...I thought I heard something..." She was happy she was being noticed by Janus finally. "There's a really elusive raccoon I've been trying to stop, but every time it seems like I'm about to catch him, he gets away." She sighed as she looked at the ground, trying to buy pity from him. "I don't know how much more of his games I can take.
He said yes! he said yes to the soundtrack idea and he likes my eyes! Stay focused, stay focused! He likes my eyes Yibbydibby-yo! Staay focused, this young lady is talking to you, janus! "So, we have our local Sly Raccoon, here, hm? And what does he steal? Hidden treasures or just trash?" He chuckled again. Man, she too was tense, he wondered why..!
---
As the group was reaching their destination, another pair of eyes, green like jade, watched from the shadows of the trees, at the pair of uninvited guests following the domesticated.
Although she hadn't any kind of friendship with the new family living near her territory, she also didn't want them to suffer at the claws of the northern pack -furthermore, these wolves were also trespassing their territory!
Time to teach these two arrogant ones a lesson!
A white shadow started running stealthily toward the intruders...
Last edited by valerio on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hmmm..." Locke looked Adison over "Great complection... good posture..." he leaned "Now to find the right angle..." he walked around her a couple of times "Well a straight forward angle it is!" he smiled "Oh! I'm sorry I forgot to mention, I'm a bit of an artist..." he blushed "I just think you would be perfect for a painting Adison!" he nodded "Think of it as my Christmas present to you!" he smiled and took out his sketch pad beggining to draw her "I'm going to draw you on my sketch pad, take the picture home, and then re-make it as a painting!" he smiled
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

As the group walked, Parker pondered the situation with the ferals. I don't understand...the ferals aren't usually so active...So that 'Joseph' guy...why did he try to trick Janus and Jazz? Those feral wolves usually just eat woodland critters. So why did they change their habits...Janus looks strong enough to rip them all in half, and they wanted to get on his bad side? That makes no sense... He barely realized when the group arrived at Janus' house.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Gentlepets!" Janus said, ringing the bell, "Get your stomachs ready for an unforgettable experience!"
The door opened a moment later. Isabel Lagrange appeared, holding a spatula in her left hand and wearing an apron. She looked definitely the opposite of the bike-riding amazon they all saw earlier. Her smile illuminated her face. Welcome, dears. I see that Janus made it convince you all. She moved aside to let the group enter. Please, make yourselves comfortable. Breakfast's ready in five minutes. To underline her words, a melange of delicious aromas was already filling the air.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Jasper was sure to be the first one to enter the house once the scents hit his nose. His eye's widening and his mouth watering. His stomach growled deeply, begging to be nourished with the sweet nectar of what ever it was he was smelling at this moment. He was caught in the back of his mind suddenly, like a mental slap to the face as he reached into his bandanna and pulled out a small watch. A small amount of panic washed over him, as he stuffed it back in. "Y-you guys go on ahead, I was supposed to report back to my old man fifteen minutes ago. I'll come back as soon as I'm finished so, save some for me!" He shouted, turning away from the group and running back the way they came.
Last edited by Mareks on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Mareks wrote:Jasper was sure to be the first one to enter the house once the scents hit his nose. His eye's widening and his mouth watering. His stomach growled deeply, begging to be nourished with the sweet nectar of what ever it was he was smelling at this moment. He was caught in the back of his mind suddenly, like a mental slap to the face as he reached into his bandanna and pulled out a small watch. A small amount of panic washed over him, as he stuffed it back in. "Y-you guys go on ahead, I was supposed to report back to my old man fifteen minutes ago. I'll come back as soon as I'm finished so, save some for me!" He shouted, turning away from the group and running back the way they came."

Finally! Summer thought ...I thought he'd never leave. Now maybe she could speak with Janus without him being so distracted. It boosted her confidence. Not even the delicious smells wafting form the house could distract her. "Gee, that's too bad Jasper had to leave." she responded insincerely.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:Finally! Summer thought ...I thought he'd never leave. Now maybe she could speak with Janus without him being so distracted. It boosted her confidence. Not even the delicious smells wafting form the house could distract her. "Gee, that's too bad Jasper had to leave." she responded insincerely.
What? Summer didn't mean that...she's acting like- "Gah!" Parker facepalmed. Give me a break! She can't seriously be... Is she?... Parker shook his head. It could be true, it just couldn't.

To distract himself, Parker separated himself from the group to take a look around. Many things that looked very pricy had already been unpacked, and only a few boxes lay open, untouched. Mrs. Lagrange seemed to be a very efficient unpacker, on top of being what smelled like a good cook. Parker stopped to take in the smell of the freshly prepared breakfast for a few seconds, then went back to the group just in time to hear the ding of the timer...breakfast was ready!