Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Silver

Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Silver »

In standard Webcomic-Forum tradition, I have created a thread for all of the completely insane ideas that, if you look at them just a little too long, actually make sense. For examples of this, check out TVTropes' "Wild Mass Guessing" Section. Warning: May cause insanity.

THEORY NUMBER ONE: "Housepets!" is actually taking place right now in a secret government facility where scince has created actual furries. There are a number of artificial cities set up, each with their own social structure, experimenting with the best way to introduce them into society. We're currently observing social structure #2, in which the original roles of the animals are simulated. However, Social Structure #3 will fail spectacularly, ending in an armed rebellion of the furries (The original group that rebelled would call themselves "The Keidran Alliance", after the name of a fallen hero.) , a conflict which soon covers the globe. Nukes are launched, technology is lost, and the conflict ends with the furries ingeneral slavery, except for a certain breed who isolate themselves on an island. The storyline of "TwoKinds" takes over from here.

Now get to posting your insane ideas!
Ebly

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Ebly »

Link here in case you're lazy like that: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ssGuessing
also oh god twokinds why do i not go there

Number two:
This is very simple. Peanut is a cat. Peanut always has been a cat. However, he became a dog. Joey may like to pretend to be a cat once in a while, but Peanut has built his entire life around being a dog. From the very first word he mewled, he knew it was wrong. Over the years he grew to learn how to speak like a dog, and people would often comment on how doglike he was, and one day he up and left his hometown to move into the big city - at the same time, he started anew. He wore this suit he had woven by hand from shed hair he found on the couch while taking 'the pill'; a pill that actually changes the species of the taker. In the end, though, he's still essentially a cat.
...The ears always looked a bit fake to me.

Also, it's about time people made more threads. o:
Kudos
to
you.
c:
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ElQuixote

Post by ElQuixote »

Here is my theroy,
The "pets" are part of a plan made by the goverment to prevent the total death, due to viris/bacteria pluage, of the human brain by using a rare element to mutate anamals into anamorfic beaings. human race is then killed off by a very potent strain of the cold. the anamals are still learning from the humans when a mass uprising is cused by an element that has the abillty to float on the eletromagnetic waves of the earth. when a group of terrorest try to use it as a wepon it mealts the ice caps and floods the earth. small amounts of land that have both this element and rise up above the waters. survivors cling to these land masses creating towns and cites on them. boats are no longer safe because with out landmasses curents are much stronger. teck recovered from ruins of the human race alowed them to bulid planes to travel between "skylands". the element when purefied in to its floating type, produces a large amount of liquid that can be used for fuel. look for skyrates.net for more information
i appoligize for any mispellings.
p.s. also props for the two kinds refrence
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Yay, the topic isn't dead yet! x'3
Oblivion

Post by Oblivion »

"Clear!" *Ka-chunk*

This thread is now back to life!

I think that Grape will end up getting in a relationship, just not with Peanut. (Sorry P-dog, its the sad truth).

As for Peanut...
Meow! *Cough* Uh, I mean, Woof.
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

Well... I think that its gonna be awhile and slowly, ever so slowly, Peanut and Grape will circle the drain of becoming a couple. Not to say they do or do not have relationships between then and now. Its gonna be awesome.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

These are not wild enough. U:
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

You want some mild mass guessing do you? Well bring it on punk! I'll give you the truth of the matter!

Ok then, here's my take on this. Are the pets genetically engineered furs? Yes, quite obviously. Animals can't think, animals don't have thumbs, animals certainly don't eat at the table either! BUT it is not in some secret animal training camp, oh no, this is the not so distant future, and pets like these are quite the norm let me explain!

You see, as we all know, the human population keeps growing, and growing. Soon enough we'll run out of food, resources, and other such things as there will be simply TOO many people to support. Country's like China have taken measures to try and curb this... and in the future despite the huge moral ramifications all 1st world countries start doing this as well. We simply had no choice, with modern health-care allowing people to live longer, and longer. So the laws came, in-forced sterilizations, huge taxes, and regulations for those who have kids, the works! In this era a child isn't a right, it's a privilege, one that can be easily taken away. Something quite often only the very rich can afford.

But people still 'want' kids. The emotional attachment, the desire for family, and the unit that comes with it. This is where the 'HP!' company comes in. Seeing this obvious market they started to engineer smarter pets, and then more 'human' like pets. First came the dogs making them the most popular, and common type.. then the cats... soon after that came other animals, and colors though 'natural colored dogs, and cats' remained the most popular. They've had a few trip ups along the way of course:Their attempts at raccoons only resulted in the complete replacement of REAL raccoons in urban centers... but for the sake of keeping their new found 'children' people are more then willing to look over the company's environmental disasters.

'HP!' started down this path years ago, and now it has more or less become the established norm of the middle class. For the most part the lower classes simply can't afford the pet, while the rich simply have REAL kids, but it suits the middle class wages perfectly. The pets eat far less the human beings, have a far more population friendly lifespan(living 10-20 years as normal pets do), and are completely content with the lives they have, as they were very well programed to do. Anyway! Some quick facts!

#1-In order to avoid the 'disaster' of the raccoons all modern day Pets are created WITHOUT gender. They can't breed, and are incapable of anything beyond 'passionate cuddling'. During its development stages a pet unconsciously associates itself with one gender or the other. Most often a pet will choose male, as it is the default 'neutral' gender of the English speaking countries. This also leads the pets to recognizing gender based on behavior rather then appearance, which is the main reason poor grape keeps being mistaken for a boy. This is also why there are so few female characters in the strip when compared to the males. In other countries, with different languages, and different values, the balance changes somewhat.

#2-As this is the future true 'wild' animals are far rarer. Killed off almost completely by humanity's greed, most species now live on reserves with limited human contact. Because of this 'zoos' can't have REAL animals, instead opting to take 'HP!' replicas. Originally the replicas could not speak..but it was soon discovered people simply are more interested in them if they can.

#3-All the pets 'toys' are relics from two, to three generations ago. This lets the HP! company mass produce them easily, and sell them to owners at a discounted price compared to what the same items would go for today. The pets for their part are quite tolerant about this, and see their toys as 'new', completely oblivious to the fact they're little more then remakes of old products.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Brittles wrote:(craziness)
I like the way you think.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Brittles wrote:(pure brilliance)
i've fallen in love
i've fallen in love for the first time
and this time i know it's for real
i've fallen in love, yeah
god knows, god knows i've fallen in love
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Good to know it was appreciated :lol:

Just few points I forgot to mention in the first draft.
-We have yet to see any HUMAN children in the strip. Middle class neighborhood so there aren't any!
-The pets refer to their owners as 'mom' and 'dad'
-They quite clearly take the part of children when it comes to Christmas, and Halloween. Going trick or treating, along with getting a bucket-load of gifts.
-The Sandwich family got pets because they thought they weren't 'ready' for children. Financially ready that is.
-Along with the raccoons the other failed prototype "HP" was the noble rat. Genetic programing stops them from harming humans but they do attempt 'revolutions' on their fellow pets from time to time (to minimal success I might add. Limited in both intelligence and strength)

It all adds up darn it!
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

May I make additions (and humble alterations)?

So the housepets are animals by nature, but they adopt certain human concepts, poorly.
Like religion: https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/12/ ... t-respect/

On the concept of being genderless, they also don't apply certain concepts such as 'moving in' to themselves, like this:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/08/ ... -for-dogs/

But also as pets attach themselves to each other very affectionately, but as they are (mostly) genderless they don't usually move beyond that. However, when they are of opposite *genders* they might move on to the 'extreme cuddling'. Sorta makes the title of this comic more meaningful, as in all fairness it is totally platonic at this point.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/08/ ... -platonic/

So! haha, on to another point. I figure sometimes people love their pets enough that they want a close match, or possibly a child So the HP! company made their pets *genderless* to begin with, being capable of both genders, until they chose one. They are still incapable of using their gender unless their owners chose to let them. This of course is highly expensive as it technically counts as something in between having children and getting another pet. Now our friend Fido here is a police dog, with considerable ability. So he could have been given privilege to pass on his selective ability.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... everybody/
Probably why Peanut and Grape are 0_o as they are a little unfamiliar with, well... this.
I'm just gonna guess that Sabrina's owners wanted another nice kitty. Too bad for both parties, Fido and Sabrina aren't exactly looking at their own species.

Just thoughts :D
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Perhaps sir perhaps. I do agree right away that the pets do take in certain ideas, and concepts from the humans around them, along with fiction they're given access to. They quite clearly still 'think' of themselves as pets as well, which has the undesirable result of bringing on some stereotypes as well. Dogs against Cats, Cats against mice, and so on. Prejudice can be an ugly thing as the comic has quite clearly shown.

On the note of being 'genderless' it IS only physical. Mentally the pets still believe themselves one gender of the other, it's simply part of their way of thinking. Being someones boy or girl friend, and doing what couples do is still perfectly normal to them, as Sasha quite clearly demonstrates. Similarly pets will, typically, only gain romantic interest with pets who are the 'opposite gender' adopting humans behavior there as well. Even IF the gender is little more then an idea, it's real enough to them. Take Grapes admirers as examples. Max, and Peanut(in his own way) showed NO interest her until AFTER they found out she was a "Girl".

Though the whole 'gender permission' idea is a bit sketchy to me.

Your argument does have some reason to it, and it would certainly explain Fidos unusual build compared to some of the other pets. I will say that if you ARE right there's no requirement for them 'both' to have gone through said treatment. Sabrina could simply be doing her boy-friend a favor, of sorts, which makes it no less shocking for Grape and Peanut.

And... no less shocking to me as considering this idea hurts my brain....*Twitch* sometimes I wish I didn't over-analyze so much...

That said they don't NEED to be taking it that far to be shocking to the other pets. Obviously passionate/extreme cuddling' as it's called is not something you do in public. It's like.... if you're sitting on the bus, and suddenly two people start making out in a very very hot, and heavy manner. Awkward to say the LEAST. Add to this Fidos reputation, that it's a forbidden 'cat/dog' relationship, and the shocked faces of the pets are easily understandable. After the disasters with the Raccoons I doubt "HP!" would want to risk it happening again. Still the company's power is undeniable at this point, so they just might be able to get away with it.

I would say you sir are GUESSING. WILDLY at that.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

mywild guess

at the VERY LAST COMIC

Rick will wake up and say "What a weird dream." only the panels will be photographs.
Is Night So Different From Day?
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

I looked into the Sasha thing and found:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... eed-apart/
Which alone is comical and possible just an attachment to a human concept.

But funny thing, I discovered another piece of evidence in this arc!
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... ed-speech/
Taught several of your pups to read and write
So haha, that was much a pleasant surprise to me. I guess its just my knack for finding proof to things I like to claim. I guess my college class on researched information reports really did help.

Edit:
I do love WILDLY GUESSING although I have this strange desire to back everything I say.
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

BeyondUshuaia wrote: But funny thing, I discovered another piece of evidence in this arc!
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... ed-speech/
Taught several of your pups to read and write
So haha, that was much a pleasant surprise to me. I guess its just my knack for finding proof to things I like to claim. I guess my college class on researched information reports really did help.
Just to keep things interesting....
They're 'born' in HP labs as 'puppies', and are sold to their owners as 'puppies'. This is also where siblings come from. The pets are simply created in 'litters' within the lab, and often sent to nearby areas for the sake of transportation costs. This makes 'brothers' being sent to the same neighborhood an easy trick. Being the intelligent creatures they are, siblings with strong ties often keep in contact even after they're split up, and sold.

And yes, Sasha is simply mimicking the human flirtation 'I want to have your babies!' as an extreme way of flirting with Fido even if it isn't possible.

Was going to put more of this in the objection but... muffins and cookies that thing types slow. Was going to post more in the forum in general actually but.. meep! I have to rush to work now!
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

Touché good sir, I appreciate you showing me the flaw in the argument. I'll still try! XD
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

these guesses
they are wild
and massively awesome
U:
but it's turning me off making my own wild guesses because i know that i can't top this
:c
bah, minor side-effect. >]
Crazy-8

Post by Crazy-8 »

Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

check it- (yeah i said that)
Tarot's mother's (acctual doggy one) owner wrote the pridelands. the story comes to him in dreams, and these dreams are sent to him by tarot's mother (he doesn't know it, though). However, what she's realy doing is sending him information about game that the great kitsune and pete and them used to play (she used to be an avatar). Tarot is doing the same thing with peanut and "Spot superdog," yet another game they once played when the unicorn still played with them. (poor bob). And she's doing this in hopes that one day peanuts work will be published, and Tarot's mom will see, and she'll know that her daughter wrote that, and that way they may be reunited.

:)

so that they may fight to the death in an ultimate battle of psychics, to see who shall inherit the grand title of "master of animal psychics forever untill the end of time." For you see, this is Tarot's birthright, for which she has trained her entire life for. and she isnt about to let her mother keep it. when she was but a pup, Tarot's mother sent her away to live in babylon gardens, where she may never have learned of her rightful sucession. but when the Spirit Dragon learned of this, she explained it to her, and then Tarot vowed to take what was rightfuly hers.

(lol i was bored)
bwah bwah
Zander

Post by Zander »

Peanut's mom is Tarot's dad's ex-wife.

Peanut and Tarot are brother and sister.

Take that Peanut and Tarot shippers.

(i was also bored)
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

Everyone wakes up and it's all a dream
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Taking "Wild Mass Guessing" To Heart

Post by CaptainPea »

As it turns out, the realm the Great Kitsune and Friends inhabit actually exists within ANOTHER, which is actually a DUPLICATE OF THE WORLD FOUND IN THE COMIC! BUT DIFFERENT! In this world, Fox is a strawberry malt, Peanut is a woman, and TIGER IS GRAPE. KING and BINO have entered a war over the power structure of the GODC, causing half of the group to secede! Their only hope is if MAX can FLY INTO SPACE and RESCUE JOEY FROM MARS (Joey is on Mars of course because of Spo's rampant, uncontrollable psychokinetic powers) so that he can activate THE ANCIENT SPIRITS of Telarkalypsoshyamalan which exist within FIDO (who is a robot). BUT HERE'S THE TWIST! TAROT is withholding the secret CODE which is required to summon the spirits, because SHE CAN TIME TRAVEL! Sabrina is her constant, and every 108 minutes she RESETS TIME so that SQUEAK and her evil army of MARVIN CLONES can NEVER find the secret entrance into Babylon Gardens (now renamed THE LAND OF LESTER after the Great War of 2036) which is guarded by none other than ZACH HIMSELF! Their ONLY CHANCE is to summon STRIPE, which requires them to make contact through FOUR LAYERS OF THE UNIVERSE! To do this, they seek the aid of SASHA- BUT!!!!! CAN SASHA BE TRUSTED??? After all, SHE IS THE QUEEN OF THE WOMBAT PEOPLE, and has entered into a SECRET ALLIANCE with DAISY'S FACTION of the NATIONAL PET RESISTANCE OPPRESSION SQUAD! In fact, Sasha BETRAYS Max and Joey, summoning, instead of Stripe, JIM-JIM, and mixing his DNA with that of the RACCOONS AND THE WOLVES! SUDDENLY, the world is thrown into chaos as MR. AND MRS. SANDWICH are KIDNAPPED by REX, and FIDDLER AND KEYS are lost to the MINES OF MORDOR!!! THE BIGGLESWORTHS, sensing danger, assume FAKE IDENTITIES and plant FALSE MEMORIES into Ralph's mind to ensure that he NEVER finds out that KEVIN is actually 6000 YEARS OLD. THE MILTON FERRETS, attempting to bring a stop to the nonsense, devise a plan to TURN OFF THE WORLD in their SECRET UNDERGROUND DISCO CAVE, where they keep the switch which controls THE VERY BALANCE AND STABILITY OF THE UNIVERSE! They realize too late, however, that MILES' CUBS HAVE SABATOGED THE OPERATION, ensuring that the switch will create a NEW UNIVERSE featuring THEMSELVES AS OMNIPOTENT DEITIES! All is hopeless, until UNCLE REUBEN steps in, and REVEALS HIMSELF TO BE THE NEXT JACOB!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
PS. I had the cast page open while writing, but unfortunately I could not work in Spot or any of the various background humans. So sorry.
Image Image
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

if you ever make me laugh that hard again i will murder you! :evil:
(jk)
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

I didn't actually realize how long that post was until just now... wow...
Image Image
yoyodude

Re: Taking "Wild Mass Guessing" To Heart

Post by yoyodude »

CaptainPea wrote: Something that makes total sense
*Explodes*

*Explodes again*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

CaptainPea I think I just clawed my eyes out.

Call 911.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Grape is a guy.

/thread
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Zander wrote:Grape is a guy.

/thread
/housepets
Image Image
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

How is that a crack theory? Grape is already a bo-

wait...
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

CaptainPea wrote:
Zander wrote:Grape is a guy.

/thread
/housepets
/bad joke
bwah bwah
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

AUGH THE NECRO

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN AGAIN
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Spo meets squeak and they fall in love and run away together. Joey, heartbroken, runs to the only person whom he thinks might understand. Peanut does what he can to help joey get over it, but finds himself out of his depth, so he calls in Grape to help. Joey, confusing grape's emotional support for romantic advances, proclaims his undying love for her and begins stalking her. Peanut, worried about joey's well-being, goes to Fido and explains the situation. Just as Fido is starting to refuse to help, Peanut tells Fido he should understand how joey is feeling, given his relationship with sabrina. Fido is stunned to learn that Peanut and grape know about his secret relationship, but sees the validity of Peanuts' argument. Fido talks to Joey, and then refers him to the neighborhood therapist, Fox. Through weeks of therapy, joey becomes an average, well-adjusted member of the Housepets! community.

Pete's new avatar will be max. It will happen when Grape breaks up with him. He will want revenge, and Pete will give him the ability to exact vengeance on those who hurt him.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

copper wrote:Spo meets squeak and they fall in love and run away together. Joey, heartbroken, runs to the only person whom he thinks might understand. Peanut does what he can to help joey get over it, but finds himself out of his depth, so he calls in Grape to help. Joey, confusing grape's emotional support for romantic advances, proclaims his undying love for her and begins stalking her. Peanut, worried about joey's well-being, goes to Fido and explains the situation. Just as Fido is starting to refuse to help, Peanut tells Fido he should understand how joey is feeling, given his relationship with sabrina. Fido is stunned to learn that Peanut and grape know about his secret relationship, but sees the validity of Peanuts' argument. Fido talks to Joey, and then refers him to the neighborhood therapist, Fox. Through weeks of therapy, joey becomes an average, well-adjusted member of the Housepets! community.

Pete's new avatar will be max. It will happen when Grape breaks up with him. He will want revenge, and Pete will give him the ability to exact vengeance on those who hurt him.
Sorry, but that seems kinda plausible to me
it needs more crazy
Icharus

Post by Icharus »

I see the beginnings of many a fanfiction. Because I've seen more absurd things from other movies/stories.
These are quite amusing though. :lol:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

King confronts tarot about what happened at the party. Tarot brings Peanut and Grape to king and they have a little pow-wow about Pete, forming a group whose sole purpose is to monitor Pete's movements. Peanut and King become close friends because, come on, who can resist peanut's charming nature? Fox, Peanut, and King form a tight-knit group of friends. Peanut, feeling that he can trust them, tells King and Fox about his feelings for Grape. King, of course, laughs the idea away, but fox sees the seriousness behind Peanut's words. He tells Peanut to give it time. Since Peanut has already talked to grape about it, there is nothing more he can do without messing things up.

King begins teaching Miles about normal human behavior. The Milton ferrets are not pleased, since there is no conflict in that.

Peanut is the Great Kitsune's avatar, but Peanut doesn't know it yet. He will find out soon enough, and in a truly magnificent way.

Still too logical? :|
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Yup, I loving this thread.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Not as much as the first one
I would like to see that though
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Crazy-8 wrote:Fox is the great kitsune's avatar
sir you are as crazy as your name for that necro

oh but look at all the juicy content it's wrought!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

recently i was reading a comic on houspetsomic.com.i noticed a flash of white smoke just arriving before the traot in dis comic.i would like other people to look at it and tell me what they tink.around a year ago i herd da rumour dat tart was invisable dinasaurs, sounds stupid i know. but wen luking at dis comic i seen da flash of white smoke.it was at 3rd panel in.its really hard 2 see took me like 20 minites.its between da tree and the house.wen looking i seen wat luks alot like a dinousasurs head.it may be my* mind playin tricks,but my friends agree with it being a dinasaur head.please luk at it nd get bk 2 me......i cant give a link cuz im new on dis.on houepetcomi.ccom type in ''housepts begins february 4,2009(video 1 of 2)'' ....3rd pamels in,it will take a while 2 look right on da spotil try and send da pic i got as atachment

(^Well I think it's funny.)
Image Image