Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WolvenPaw15

Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Locke I gotta go its getting really late"Zeke walked off "See ya later" he smiled"I'm gonna like it here in Radiant Gardens"he thought"A few pets around nice scenery...and Dad is going to be made at me for coming home late"he said aloud begining to run. A few blocks later he arrived at his door and opened it gently"Dad I'm home!"Zeke called"Where have you been? I was worried about you!"he dad said "I'm sorry dad I made a friend and we went to the park and explored the town for awhile"Zeke smiled "Well alright as long as you didn't get hurt or do something bad"his dad smiled"Just try to manage you time a little better ok Zeke"Yes dad I will...Goodnight" Zeke called going up the stairs to his room.There were boxes scattered throughout the room but his bed was by the window where he always slept in any house they lived in he would always gaze out at the stars and listen to music until he fell asleep
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
WolvenPaw15

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"SOMEONE!!!" Zeke continued running down the road "HELP LEASE!!!"he howled and began to cry "SOMEBODY!!"
Pet Friendly:
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Sleeping, his head against the door, Gamma dreamed. He dreamed of that cold day many years ago, he was only twelve then, he still had both eyes. They had loaded up the convoy, and were to be driving through the snowy countryside that day. The insurgents were being pushed further south, in turn, the unit he was a part of needed to get to a base much closer to the frontlines, perhaps, too close to the action. A light pat on his shoulder stirred him from the dream, and he opened his eye, drearily. Rubbing it, he sat upright, and looked out the window. They were passing a sign, words clearly etched into the fine display.

"Radiant Gardens?"

"Yeah, this is our new home."

Gamma put his hands onto the dashboard as the jeep lulled around a corner, not expecting the next sight, someone running down the middle of the road. Lupara slammed on the brakes and slammed his hand firmly onto the center of the steering wheel, the tires screeching, the horn bellowing loudly. Gamma was pulled tightly against the seat by the seatbelt, but still resisted the momentum by pushing against the dashboard. The jeep fishtailed a little before it came to a stop; Gamma peered up over the dashboard, he could see the distressed Alaskan Malamute up ahead.

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, thank goodness I had the brakes checked before we left... but I think you need to get out."

"Why?"

"He's shouting for help."

Gamma hesitated, keeping his gaze on the malamute while he unbuckled the seat belt. He opened the door, and slid out of the passenger's seat.

"Hey! Are you all right?"
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

*A door of one of the houses opens and a Silverfox runs out weilding a crowbar*
Snowblind: What's all the noise out here?! Is it Zombies?!
*A voice from inside the house shouts*
Mr. Fox: Get back in here, there's no such thing as Zombies!
Snowblind: You can't prove that!
"Inside our ribs we take an average of 60 beats per minute ba-rum-puh-pum-pum, ba-rum-pa-pum-pum-pum" - Cloud Cult
Pet Friendly: Snowblind Fox: S5 P5 E6 C6 I5 A8 L7
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke's voice was shakey"D-d-dad is at home and there are t-t-two people inside the house and one of them is pointing a g-g-gun at him! "he managed to say"P-p-please help!" he said his eyes streaming with tears
Pet Friendly:
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Gamma was in the midst of a frenzy, a fox shrieking about zombies, the malamute in front of him crying about his owner being held at gunpoint. He remained calm, and put both hands on the malamute's shoulders.

"Calm down... we need to call police..."

Lupara had gotten out of the jeep by this time, and had heard everything the malamute had said, as well as Gamma's response.

"...by then it might be too late... Gamma... Fass..."

Gamma knew what the command meant, and nodded to his owner, he then levelled his head with the malamute's, his one eye staring intently into the malamute's.

"Okay, you've got to take me to your house. We can stop him..."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke nodded and began to run towards his home at a very high speed tripping now and then but not completely falling. A few minutes later "OVER HERE!" he called then feeling an unfamiliar hand grab him. It was the robbers Zeke found his face flush and he wimpered and shook
Pet Friendly:
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

*Snowblind, who was following the 2, saw Zeke get grabbed and, being behind the man who did it, was in the perfect position to do what he had always dreamed of doing*

<_____,: [CLANG!]
Snowblind: BOOYAH!
"Inside our ribs we take an average of 60 beats per minute ba-rum-puh-pum-pum, ba-rum-pa-pum-pum-pum" - Cloud Cult
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

When the malamute ran off, Gamma in hot pursuit, Lupara reached for his cell phone, before looking down at the crowbar-wielding fox, who not long after ran off.

"I'll catch up guys, take 'em out!"

Lupara dialed 911 and walked back to the jeep, he opened the trunk, reaching into a box and pulling out a service pistol. He began to run in the direction the three pets had taken off in.
________

Gamma kept pace with the panicking malamute, all the way up until a hand wrapped around Zeke. Almost immediately, the crowbar-wielding fox had attacked, giving Gamma the perfect oppotunity for a follow up. Lunging forwards, he used his forward momentum to knock the robber down, delivering a quick strike to the neck to try knock the robber out. He hesitated for a moment, still pinning the robber, before looking up.

"Hey, is this the only one?"
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Alright Marshall, we're soon near our new home. Hope ya make new friends around there......."
John's words starts to slur as images from the past starts to flood back from his memory.

"Dad....I know you missed them a lot and I do to but..we made a promise that we'll handle this as best as we could. Remember that time we were at the jungles?"

"Sure do, the bugs that aren't afraid of our repellents, snakes that may or may not be poisonous, the mud and those blood sucking leeches and hell, constantly getting wet from the rain. Who will ever forget that? Sanders even made a betting pool on how many leeches we'll get by the end of our trekking through that muck."

"Yeah, although I'm still not sure bout the bugs. I mean, are they really unaffected by the repellents? I hardly got bitten or anything cept the one on my paw."

"Well lets see, I distinctly remember getting bitten by bugs which hurt a lot, Mac suffered Malaria and good thing we had those quinine in our kit. And as usual, Sanders, the leech magnet. Ah, the good ol' times."

"Yeah. Feeling alright now, dad?"

"Yep. You sure live up to your rank as a sergeant, always finding ways to cheer us and especially me up when we're down."

As the chevy took the turn into the road to Radiant Gardens, they saw a jeep parked there, right in the middle of the road.

"What th___"
Instinctively, John hit the brakes hard. with the momentum pushing both into their seat belts.

"Just WHAT is Going On Here!?"

"Don't know Dad but whatever it is, it has to be trouble. No one parks an empty vehicle with its trunk opened in the middle of the street unattended.

"You see that?" John said, pointing to the running figure in the distance, "looks like he is holding...hang on let me get the scope...............****..Why would you look at that" John hands over the scope to Marshall.

"Handgun."

"Lets move it Sarge." Said John as grabbed the scope and opened the door at the same time.

"Roger, Wolf 1"

Both of them got out of the car and started to run towards the running figure, each taking one side of the flank. Keeping their profiles low by running in a path, which looks strange to any outsider unfamiliar with flanking while maintaining stealth, that takes them to optimal or moderate cover.

As Marshall moves closer to the area the tango(target) is running, he suddenly notices another person creeping up behind another...Shepherd on top of a person? Ducking into his cover, he gives a hand(paw?) signal to John across the street who was nearing the target with the gun. Noticing the signal, John starts to look via his scope towards the area the signal had indicated and returned one back.

"One Shepherd, one mamalute, one fox with a crowbar?? and 2 tangos. Shepherd on top of 1 of the tango. Other tango armed, moving towards Shepherd via blind spot." "Oh great. Another one." Marshall said to himself mentally. "Don't think he saw me..not from the way he is facing anyways...There!" As Marshall circles around the cover to get into a better position, John moves into the other target's blind spot.

Just then, Marshall gives the signal to John, indicating that he is ready and John returns it back indicating the same thing as well as the order to neutralize the armed tangos. Two things begin to happen at once. Marshall moved out from his cover and rushes towards his target, careful to avoid any dry vegetation. The tango never knew what hit him. A sudden chop to the neck made the tango limp while a paw was to prevent any noise that could alert the other tango. The gun fell harmlessly on to the ground near Marshall.

In the meanwhile, John pounced on his target and disarmed him with an elbow lock. His silent movement allowed him to get as close as possible to him before he did the maneuver. However, he was surprised by the tango himself.

"Drop Your Crowbar, Fox!" Shouted Marshall. "I Mean It!"

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind drops his crowbar
Snowblind: I dropped it! I'm not one of the bad guys though!
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Gamma stood up, getting off of the unconscious robber, and looked around.

"You guys armed forces? Hey, listen, his owner was being held at gunpoint."

Lupara arrived at about that time, his service pistol poking around the corner.

"Gamma! Melden!"

Responding to the command, Gamma's ears perked up. The command was to report the situation to his handler.

"I think it's safe, military is here... did you call the army?"

"No, I called police... what are the armed forces doing out here?"

Lupara raised his pistol, removing the magazine and pulling the slide to eject the chambered, .410 Gauge round. He then dropped the pistol on the ground to show he wasn't armed, before approaching Gamma, checking him for injuries. Gamma seemed embarassed to have his handler doting over him in front of the others.

"You okay Gamma?"

"Y-yeah, don't worry, I'm fine."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind: I helped stop the guy, if I'm on any side of this I'm on your side.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"You guys armed forces? Hey, listen, his owner was being held at gunpoint."
"Something like that." It was the only reply Marshall gave, eyes scanning the surrounding for more possible hidden dangers.

Just then, John came in with a jogging pace
"I've checked the surroundings for anymore possible robbers. Think we've got all of them here so you can relax Marshall."
"No, I called police... what are the armed forces doing out here?"

"We're....kinda retired" John replied with a hint of unease. "And I owe you an apology for that stunt I've pulled on you." while raising his hand for a handshake.

"So your name's Gauge? Mine's Marshall. Shoulda've checked your six while you had him down. Also, what is your name, Mr. Fox, and why did you have a crowbar?"
Snowblind: I helped stop the guy, if I'm on any side of this I'm on your side.
"Ok but what is your name? I'd like to know" replied Marshall, now in a calm mood the moment the adrenaline rush is over.

Marshall then shifted his gaze back to the target he took down to make sure he is still unconscious.

Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind: My name's Snowblind Fox... Yes, Fox is my family name.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"So I see." Marshall replied, still gazing at the unconscious robber. "Please do not touch their weapons as well. It's evidence against them and I for sure do not want them out here."

Cipher

Post by Cipher »

"Oh, right... that makes sense..."

Gamma sat down, and began to play with the empty .410 gauge shotgun shell that dangled from his collar. He had a blank look about his face. Lupara returned to his service pistol, picking up the various pieces and reassembling them. While he did this, Gamma looked up at the fellow servicemen.

"So, where did you serve? Lupara and I were in Russia... part of the operation to suppress the insurgency there."

Gamma's handler laughed, pulling the slide of his service pistol to chamber another shell, before holstering it.

"We weren't on the front lines, like I bet you guys were. Our job was just to watch the base, nothing too glorious."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"So, where did you serve? Lupara and I were in Russia... part of the operation to suppress the insurgency there."
"Oh us? uh...we kinda flew around to where the top brass needs." replied a hesitant Marshall.
"We weren't on the front lines, like I bet you guys were. Our job was just to watch the base, nothing too glorious."
"Well, what we did was kinda boring as well. It was pretty much waiting for nothing to happen. You probably must'ave heard far more interesting stories at your post than what we have. Also, where are the police?"

In his mind, Marshall was hopeful that his question may divert his attention to something else. Something not related to what he and John did during their "tour".

Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind looked around

Snowblind: That's a good question...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"DAD!" Zeke ran inside the second man was gone and his Dad lay on the ground with fatal bullet wounds "DAD!" Zeke screamed "Dad please wake up!" he said with teary eyes "please.... I can't lose you too... please...!" his dad lifted his hand "I... already called the hospital.... You...find a place to stay....while I'm gone" his dad said "But..." Zeke got interupted "I'll be ok... I won't die .... I closed the wounds but the bullets are pretty deep and I think the almot hit vital organs..."
Pet Friendly:
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"DAD!"
Marshall shifted his gaze and see's Zeke running into the house. "Uh Oh, DAD!"

"I've called 911. Now let us see what we can do to keep his condition stabilized. Sarge, go get our First Aid Kit."

"Yes sir!" Replied Marshall. "Gauge, Snowblind, please keep watch of them" as he points towards the still unconscious robbers while running back towards the Chevy.

Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind: Got it!
Snowblind picked up the crowbar and stood guard...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

DAD!!!"Zeke screamed again as his dad drifted out of consciousness again "Dad..." he whispered as he walked out the front door by that time the ambulance arrived and the paramedics took his dad to the hospital "I need somewhere to stay..." Zeke asked trying to wipe away his tears and went to talk to Gauge's owner "May I stay with you guys until...dad gets out of the hospital..?" he asked wiping his eyes again
Pet Friendly:
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Lupara nodded, and stood up.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind... Gamma, go ahead and take him home, I'll be there after I get the jeep."

Gamma walked to Zeke, patting his shoulder and ushering him to follow, he looked up at Lupara with his good eye.

"What's our address?"

"Oh, uhh... 1200 Flag Road, keep going south from here, you'll get there."

Gamma nodded and proceeded out the door, walking down the street. He turned to Zeke partway down the road, his mouth hanging open as he tried to think of what to say, after all, Zeke probably was worried sick about his owner. He finally thought of something to say.

"I wish we could have met in a better way... but maybe it was good we showed up now, instead of later."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"Dad! The cops are here! I saw the ambulance came in here as well"

As Marshall moved besides his dad, a few squad cars with can be seen moving into Radiant Gardens. What looked like the most senior officer came and started taking statements.

"So what were you doing before the time of the accident, Mr.."

"Lysander. Me and Marshall here was moving into Radiant Gardens when we saw a parked jeep on the road with its trunk opened."

"So you decided to investigate?"

"Yes sir. No one ever leaves their vehicle with its trunk opened in the middle of the road in the suburbs."

"So, how is it that the perp is unconscious?"

"Marshall, mind telling the kind police why is they unconscious?"

"No, I don't mind, dad. Well officer, that guy there was trying to sneak up on them there after they'd" Points towards Gauge and Snowblind and the area where the robber was sneaking "knocked him out. He was carrying a SW9 and was probably going to hurt them. So I went and took him down."

"No struggles or anything?"

"Non at all, sir"

"So what you're saying is that you've took him out by surprising him and left him with no time to act? I don't see how he couldn't have noticed you coming. Even if he didn't noticed, to go down that quickly, are you absolutely sure that there was no struggle or even a misfire from the weapon?"

"I went around the back and took him out, sir, and I'm sure that he went down instantly."

"How'd you manage that?"

"A chop to the neck nerve/muscle cluster." Suddenly, the realization of what was said tensed him up. Why did go and say that? Nice going stupid

"What are you? Think you're some special forces?"

"I mean uh..."

"Sorry officer, I taught him how to do self defense in case those PETA guys show up" John interrupted. "I've had a bad run in with them."

"Ah, that explains it. Well, thank you for doing the public a service and putting these guys behind bars."

As the cop leaves to interview other potential witnesses, the tension was eased but

"Marshall, You've Put Yourself Into A Tight Spot There. Please, Be Careful the next time you're in this kind of situations. Remember our oath."

"Yes dad."

"Now, let us go and start unpacking our stuff into our home."

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke wiped hie eyes "Thanks..." he looked up from the ground "I want you to do me a favor..." he asked "Teach me... how to be brave like you are... I'm tired of running away scared... I want to be able to stand and fight...." he said with a determined gleam in his eye but it was hard to notice through his tears
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind walks to the Marshall and Zeus
He turns to Marshall
Snowblind: That was good work there, sorry about the misunderstanding before.
He turns to Zeus
Snowblind: Zeus.. your name's Zeus right? okay, Zeus, if you ever have a problem, I just want you to know, there's always me to talk to.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

The request caught Gamma completely by surprise.

"Bravery? You... really can't teach bravery, that's the kind of thing you pick up on your own."

Seeing Zeke so determined, however, he bit his tongue, hesitating, carefully choosing what words to say in fear of offending Zeke.

"Maybe dad and I can teach you something else though, basic self-defense... you'll be with us for a day or to, maybe that's what we can do."

Up ahead, Gamma could read on the street sign, Flag Road. There, waiting at the corner, was Lupara, already unloading boxes from the jeep.

"Hey boys! Mind giving me a hand?"

<Elsewhere>

The pager vibrated, dancing across the wooden table. A world-wearied hand reached out, taking the pager up.

"Masca..."

"Yes papa?"

"I need to go to the hospital... someone's been shot. You can take care of yourself tonight, right?"

She sighed, closing her eyes.

"Yes..."

The doctor's hand ran gently over her head, and she opened her eyes, looking up at her owner.

"I'm so sorry, I know you were looking forward to having me home today..."

She smiled, enjoying the attention she was given, before taking the doctor's hand.

"Go on, you can't waste any time, the hospital needs you."

The doctor laughed, coughing partway through the laugh. He stood up, stretching before he walked out the door. Masca watched his car pull out of the driveway, leaning on the sill of the window. She returned to the couch, alone, and lazily collapsed onto the cushions.
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Snowblind: That was good work there, sorry about the misunderstanding before.
"It's alright, had to make sure who's who. Gotta go and help my dad to unpack our stuff. See ya later guys."

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Thanks" Zeke nodded and ran over to help Lupara "Ok I'll help!" he said his tears slightly gone "I promise I won't be any trouble he said as he carried a box into the house "I'll help around the house and everything!"
Pet Friendly:
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

It took a short while to unload the jeep, but the house was still mostly unfurnished when they were done. Gamma sat down on the carpet, sighing in relief, leaning against a cardboard box. Lupara sat on top of one of the boxes across from him.

"Sorry, Zeke was it? We kind of picked up and moved with as little as possible, so we don't have any... well, chair or beds or anything... hope you don't mind sleeping in a sleeping bag."

Gamma looked up then.

"Hey, dad, Zeke wants us to teach him how to fight... you think that you can help? I mean, you're the one who taught me..."

Without saying a word, Lupara looked down at the box he was sitting on, reading the side. He then cut the tape, and reached into the box, pulling out part of a padded arm. Gamma remembered the padding well, it was part of a suit that Lupara wore to protect himself while teaching Gamma to fight.

"I'll take it that's a yes?"

"Yeah, but not today, I'm exhausted, been on the road all day."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Thank you" Zeke smiled and saw a violin sitting in the corner "whats this?" he picked up the violin which looked old and dusty , he blew off the dust and picked up the bow that was lying behind it "I... I want to play something for you two. Its something I wrote a long time ago..." he smiled and began to play and sing "In a dream I can see you are not far away. Anytime any place I can see your face. You're that special one that I've been looking for and I hope you're looking for someone like me. In my dreams I can hear you calling me, In the night I can hear your voice so sweet. In the night, Dream delight, I want to see you standing there. In the night, Dream delight, I've found the one I'm waiting for. In the night, Dream delight, I want to see you smile again. In the night, Dream delight, I've found someone who really cares." he sang and began to play a violin solo to the song.
Pet Friendly:
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

"All done. What a weird and rough day we had eh, Marshall?"

"Yeah dad. Unless of course you'd somehow manage to forget what we've been through before =P"

"Why you little joker, ok, I'm gonna take a nice rest. why don't you go outside and play with the others?"

"Kinda tired out from all that, dad."

"And you're the one that said we went through much tougher challenges. Now go on and get going."

"Alright Old Man, See ya later."

"Marshall!, Come back here and give me a hundred you joker!"

"Things were back to the way it was meant to be," thought Marshall as he walked from the lawn of the house to the street. "Lets see if I've still got it". As soon as he was finished think about that thought, Marshall was already jogging on the path, determined to match if not beat his own record in endurance running. "Hm..that looks like the house that Gauge lives. Lets see..1200 Flag Road? That must be it. Maybe I'll drop by afterwards." With the wind blowing against his fur, Marshall continued to jog through the neighborhood.

Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

Snowblind walked in the door of his house
Snowblind: Dad, I'm home!
Mr. Fox: Where have you been?
Snowblind: umm... just playing... I'm gonna go to my room and play video games now.
Snowblind went upstairs to his room and turned on the Xbox 360, popping in 'Star Trek: Legacy', a game he hadn't played in a long time.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

<Gamma's House>

Gamma turned his head so his better ear faced Zeke, listening to the music. Lupara himself leaned over, supporting his chin and smiling. He waited for the song to finish before speaking.

"Hey, good playing, better singing."

Gamma looked up, tilting his head.

"Where did you learn to play a violin?"

<Masca's House>

"...the new developments in vehicular forensics meant that now, we can tell the speed, angle, and height of any car involved in a hit and..."

Masca flipped the television off, sighing. She had planned on watching television that night with her owner, but the circumstances that called him away left her alone at home, again. Bored, she sat upright, heading to the window sill and staring outside. It was then her sharp eyes caught sight of movement. She snapped her head to catch sight of a jogging German Shepherd, one she hadn't seen around the neighborhood before.

She followed his movements, watching him eventually pass by the front of her house. Curious, she waited for him to pass by, and slipped outside. He was too fast for her to simply run up to him, she would have to outmaneuver him. She cut through some empty lots and got ahead of the newcomer, giving her enough time to climb up a tree. Her black and white body provided efficient camouflage, letting her disappear into the foliage amongst the branches. As she predicted, the German Shepherd was now coming towards her, and would pass right under her if he kept going straight.
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

My mother taught me...." Zeke's smile suddenly fadded "....Before she died of cancer...." he sighed I've been practicing ever since then..." he shook his head "I taught myself how to sing" he smiled trying to change the subject but he couldn't hold his smile long and sighed "May I keep this violin?" he asked
Pet Friendly:
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

<Gamma's House>

"Oh, I didn't know..."

Gamma trailed off, before Zeke asked about keeping the violin.

"Well, I think whoever owned the house before must've left it behind, probably because he didn't care about it."

"Gamma's got a point, I don't see any harm in letting you take care of it."
Last edited by Cipher on Sun May 22, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowblind

Post by Snowblind »

<Snowblind's Room>
Snowblind turned off the game and went to his computer, he googled Sonic 2 Casino Night Bass Tabs and quickly found what he was looking for, he copy-pasted the Ascii Tablature into Notepad and picked up his Bass Guitar, plugging his headphones into the amp and switching it on. It started off shaky at best, but a few minutes of repetition, correction and memorization had his ears filled with that upbeat, swingin' jazz bassline that brought back memories of bright, colorful lights, giant pinball/slot machines and crabs with giant bumper-shields for claws.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

With the wind gently brushing against his fur and the dog tags clinking against each other, Marshall's mind starts to drift back to one of the squad's operations.

-----

"It's 0200 Lima. Time to move. Remember, no stupid **** cause I don't want any." said John, "The Den wants this guy alive and in one piece and the enemy is expendable."

"Roger that, Sir." the squad responded in unison. "Night Hunters on the prowl."

The night sky was only illuminated by stars, stars that one could appreciate and admire but not now. Now is the time for the mission. As each of them slowly hiked the mountainous terrain in the Afghan mountains to their respective positions, several things went through each of their minds, each doing mental simulations and contemplate on what could be their last night. The wind was now blowing steadily through the mountainous terrain, blowing head on towards the squad.

"Maestro in position."
"Serpent in position."

After a couple of minutes,

"Wolf 1 in position."
"Wolf 1, this is Maestro, over."
"Wolf 1 copies, over."
"Solid intel on patrol patterns and numbers. I count, I repeat, count 10 tangos, over."
"4 smokers. Not real smart aren't they? I mean, killing off their night vision just like that." Serpent chipped in.
"Roger that. Wolf 1 copies. Over and Out."
"Echo, status report."
"Give me a few more minutes......Hold on..patrol coming........"

As Marshall was lying flat on his belly on a rocky outcrop near the camp, a patrol of 2 soldiers just short of his position. They were talking about something but whatever it was, it was incomprehensible. Soon a familiar sound hits him, the unmistakable unzipping sound. "DON'T!" his mind screamed but it was as futile as the wet and warm liquid started to drench his fur. After a while, it stopped and a faint glow soon joined the 4 others glow that was present. Soon, they walked away and started to do their rounds.

"Boy, that guy got you good, saw it through my scope. How'd you enjoy the warm shower?" As Serpent commented on the event.
"Cut The Chatter." snarled a now run a marathon off and beef consumme drenched dog.
"Oh touche ."
"Echo in position." reported the still run a marathon German Shepherd. Wait till I get my hands on that guy who did this.

"This is Wolf 1, once we achieve our objective, proceed to Checkpoint Alpha. Maestro, Serpent, Do it."

Silenced shots took out a few sentries and at that moment, Marshall and John tossed in flashbang grenades. The sudden flashes blinded the opponents especially more so to those that haven't been near any light sources. Confusion broke out in the camp as the guards shouted and cussed at what is going on. Assault rifles were randomly fired at different directions, some towards the star filled night sky.

"Move In!"

With the guards now thoroughly disoriented and confused, Marshall and John took the chance to go into the objective area taking out threats along the way. As Marshall entered the tent, he met face to face with one of the armed guards. As their eyes met, it seemed like time had stopped. However, that all changed when training took over and a well placed silenced shot to the head ended that encounter.

"What's happening? Who are you? And why do you have a gun? I thought dogs can't have guns or even fire them." asked the rescued and disoriented POW.

"Not now. Here, I assume you know how to use it," Said Marshall as he handed over a M1911 semi-auto handgun to the POW. Sporadic firings from assault rifles could still be heard but it soon died out.

"Wolf 1, Package is secure. We're coming out."
"Roger that Echo, we're done mopping up."
"Wolf 1, I count 9 enemy KIAs." reported Maestro.
"****, Where's the other one?"
"I got him in the tent." responded Marshall.
"Roger that Echo. Everyone, Proceed to Checkpoint Alpha. ASAP"

The wind was still blowing as the team moved towards their checkpoint then their extraction point. Soon they were on a darkened UH-1 Iroquois or the Huey heading towards a nearby base.

"So, can I ask why is there an armed dog here and why does he smell like pee and just who are you people?"
"He got sprinkled by one of the insurgents which is starting to smell really bad here and we were sent to rescue you."
"Sprinkled? Smell bad? You'd think I was just sprinkled and let him do This to me?"
"Yes" Sanders replied simply and chuckled. "Gonna be the talk for a while back at base."
"Ok, enough of this. Major, please keep this a secret about us especially the dog part. Just so you know, we were sent by your superiors to rescue you."
"Alright...but why the dog?"
"It is classified."
"Ok."

---

"Ugh..why did I think up that part up...at least not many would be able to find out about it." Now slowed down to walking pace, Marshall starts to walk back towards the direction of Gauge's house.

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Thank you!" Zeke was smiling again and began to play and sing "She put him out, like the burning end of a midnight cigarette, she broke his heart, he spent his whole life trying to forget. He tried to drink the pain away a little at a time but he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind until the night. He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger. He finally drank away her memory. Life is short but this time it was bigger, than the strength he had to get up off his knees. We found him with his face down in the pillow. With a note that said I'll love her till I die, and when we buried him beneath the willows the Angels sang a whiskey lulaby. La lala lalalala. La lala lalalala." he continued playing
Pet Friendly: