HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Psykeout

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Psykeout »

oy, the game and pecan? should we wait a bit for att to post?
bwah bwah
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

When I introduced Attalim to SP, I told him that this is a slow neighbor. Well, it is, usually. But I didn't expect this burst of posting rate all of a sudden. :/

And as much as I hate gathering a lot of pets in one place. Since no one is at the park, I have no choice but to join the garden group.

@SYK
You probably know by now, but just in case you haven't, wistful means sad and thoughtful or full of yearning. Although until I used Wiktionary, I didn't know the meaning either.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

ctcmjh wrote:Well, I said no impossible hybrids. I want to stay closer to the actual comic. And how many dogcats or cabbits, or the like do you see in the comic?
Don't tell that to Fanfic writers. ^^

May I say something? Who says that just because we introduce magic means we become another RG? I mean, there are different kinds of magic. (EX. Narnia Vs Harry Potter) We could still be our own individual neighborhood while introducing something new like that.

Just throwing that out there. (Paige, as a reader, would have a heart attack at the sight of magic. :3)

And Psyke, it doesn't matter to me if we wait.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Character Main:
Khun Woodsman
"It's pronounced 'coon'. Yes, as in raccoon. No, it's okay, I don't mind it."

Color: #0080FF

Spcies: German Shepard
"Just, don't make fun of my tail, okay, please?"

Residence: About a block away from the park, on the corner at the edge of a feild.

Appearance: Slightly dark brown main coat. Classic saddle pattern on the back that's black in color. His ears are pointy and straight, though colored a rusty, pale red on the edges. His eyes have dark fur lines streaked above them like a foot ball player would. His muzzle is straight and pointy with a dark patch in the center. His chest is a fluffly pale tan, along with the fur under his neck. There are also dark patches on his elbows and knees, giving the appearance of the protective pads. His paws and feet a also similarly decorated. His hands look like he's wearing small black gloves, and his feet look like he's wearing dark socks. His tail is a little more longer then he likes and has a stripe going down it's center colored the same red as his ears. His eyes are are a vivid, brightly striking green.

Accessories: Khun likes to carry his laptop with him everywhere. Which means his laptop case is almost always with him. He likes to wear sunglasses and usually has a pair on or perched on his forehead. His collar is a bright green and his tag is an icon of a classic two button computer mouse. He also wears a small hip pack. It contains various little instruments such as his DS, a swiss army knife, flashlight, a bottle of hand sanitizer, and an extra pair of sunglasses. He also owns a small, yellow, electric motorcycle that he is proud of. He also tucks a notebook in with his laptop, just in case he gets an idea or two.

Background/Personality: Khun has been in Sunset Platuea for about a week now. He doesn't know that many people yet though. Khun has big dreams. He has just started looking at game development and has started playing with a few tools. He's also a writer. Even though he hasn't published anything yet, he puts little ideas and thoughts down into a wordpad document. He and his parents are Christian, though he doesn't talk about it much for fear of being made fun of. While single, Khun does hope to be with someone someday. Still, his shyness around girls has an effect on this, even though he's been more outgoing the last few months. His human dad is a software engineer and his human mother works as a nurse. While they admire his aspirations, they often try to encourage him to pursue other ventures, like nursing or software programming. He has been lucky enough to land himself in a position to be an odd-jobs person around the neighborhood to earn himself some extra cash. He has also recently started to show an interest in metal working. Often times, when the pressure really builds, Khun can't handle teasing very well. Sometimes he just needs to get away for a while to calm down.

SPECIAL

Strength - 5
"Here, let me help you with that! Ooof. No, no, I'm okay."
Perception - 7
"Wait, wait what? Ohhhhhhh. I see what you did there."
Endurance - 4
"Phew, okay, one more game! No really, I can phew, okay, lemme sit down a minute."
C
harisma - 5
"Oh, hi there! I hope we can get along! So um, um, yeah. You were saying?"
Intelligence - 7
"No really, I'm not that smart. I just use wikipedia a lot. No, no, it's 42! Get it right!"
Agility - 5
"Ha! Try and back me up into a tree again! Ooof! Okay, so it was a swing set pole but still!"
Luck – 9
"My mother always said I've been lucky. I guess you can say that being the only litter survivor AND the runt."

How's that? Sorry about the confusion earlier, I thought you meant in game as well. Do my statements for my special match the numbers I gave? I'm a bit concerned about that. If I want to have a 'Spo' type character, would he be my secondary?
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

I'm ok with xhunterko's character
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I also approve of his character and yes if you wanted to make another character it would be your secondary one then after that you could only make guest characters.
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

Um guys I'm going to go to Mexico for Christmas, i might be gone for 2-3 weeks ill post Dust's page soon so i'll be gone for a lease a week and a half or something
when it nonsense work try try again if that cant work hit it with a frying pan
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bye. have fun. eat a hot dog down there and get back and eat a burrito.
bwah bwah
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok rempar11 have fun in Mexico see you when you get back.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

As for the Spo type character, I think it is a main character as well. Considering that he is important enough to show up all the time with the main character.

And I believe everyone can make up to 2 main characters. I think secondary characters actually mean characters like humans (the pet's parents, police officer, animal control), random pets, or something like that. There is no limit in making those, except that their involvement has to be minimal.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Via spo type: Okay, I'll probably add him later though.

Does this mean I can start posting now?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah you can start posting now.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Whoa, you are leaving us in dust, the Game and ctc!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Aquablast wrote:Whoa, you are leaving us in dust, the Game and ctc!
Sorry :oops:
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hey, xhunter. It is not that the rabbit didn't follow or didn't say anything, but he couldn't follow and couldn't say anything yet. You got to give the others a chance to post first. And if you are going to assume, assume that the others will follow.

Don't you think it will be very awkward if Attalim does want to follow?

And Blueberry isn't walking with the main group right now.
Aquablast wrote:Ah crap, I can't stalk this large amount of people... Someone is bound to notice me. He began walking through the other parts of the street. I guess I will take a detour and follow them once they enter the woods...
So no one from the group of pets can see Blueberry, and he won't be able to see or hear them too.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

Name: Ying Blanc
"yes i know, German breed, French last name"
Character Type: Main
Species: Dog/German Spitz
Neighborhood: Sunset Plateau

Appearance: Ying is an average German Spitz but he has a black spot around his left eye and a black right ear. he wears a Black collar with a Yin Yang Symbol as the tag.

Personality: He is very factual mostly about random facts that nobody will care about knowing. He also like the supernatural and will do anything to capture something on camera. he is very caring about people and will go with any advice given be it wrong but he knows if something is dangerous or not and if it is dangerous he has common sense to not do it.

Other Notes: He is gay but already has somebody in a long distance relationship.
he likes anything foreign from movies to music to food, pretty much everything.

Background: He has just moved country but not from anywhere that doesn't speak English. he had a brother called Yang (makes sense) but he doesn't like to talk about him much for unknown reasons to everybody he knows. anything else will come as I rp since i'm better thinking it as i go :lol:.

SPECIAL:
Strength - 4 "I think i could lift this out the way....-series of loud clicks- yeh bad idea ow"
Perception - 8 "hello what's this, looks like an Orb in camera 4, closer inspection it is just dust in the lense"
Endurance - 6 "Hour 43 of the UFO steakout, still nothing, continuing for another 24 hours"
Charisma - 7 "YES I GOT ANOTHER CASE TO INVESTIGATE, anybody want to join?"
Intelligence - 7 "i bet i can name all types of ufo, infact i shall, Cigar Shape, Saucer, Triangular craft or light pattern......."
Agility - 4 "wait up -pant, pant- wait please -pant, pant, wheeze- going to collapse -pant, pant-"
Luck – 6 "this house seems a bit rickety -squeaky and a loud bang- did the floorboard i just stood on collapse after i got off it?"

For a color I pick This one color=#9AAA00
Last edited by YingBlanc on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Your color is a bit hard to see, try #9AAA00 or another color instead.

And your stats are too high. You only get 42 points, where you used 47 points.

I see no other problems.
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

okay thanks for the tip
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Sorry, I couldn't post yesterday, I had to work really late, just like Eris' dad :D
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Ah crap, I can't stalk this large amount of people... Someone is bound to notice me. He began walking through the other parts of the street. I guess I will take a detour and follow them once they enter the woods...
Whoops. I thought that meant on the other side of the road or something.
Don't you think it will be very awkward if Attalim does want to follow?
Sorry bout that. I don't know what I was going by on that one. There's a beginner for ya.

Edit: Edited to match up.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok YingBlanc I don't see any problems with your character so your approved. Also this means we only have 2 Slot remaining everyone. (Missingno needs to update the first post since I can't)
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

so can i post my entrance or do i have to wait till it shows up on the first post?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah you can post sorry I didn't make that clear.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

CANT I SPEND THE NIGHT SOMEWHERE ELSE ONCE WITHOUT THIS THREAD EXPLODING!?!

im way to ADD to read through all these posts!!! :(
bwah bwah
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ah!
Sorry! Didn't mean to post so face!
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

im watching you. ಠ_ಠ
bwah bwah
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Character Secondary:
Nihm Woodsman
"Daddy says I'm named after a book...Thanks alot dad!...Um, love you daddy?"

Color: #FF00FF

Spcies: Bumble-Bee Bat*
"Thank goodness I wasn't born a vampire bat! Heh heh."

Residence: In a fish tank modeled after a cave in Khun's room.

Appearance:
http://images.stanzapub.com/readers/sci ... 4497_3.jpg
Except that she is a rare albino, so she is completely white as snow. And I'm going by a guess that she's twice the size in the Housepets universe.

Accessories: She wears a small collar with the tag of a sliver of a crescent, silver moon. She sometimes has a pair of tiny little sunglasses.

Background/Personality: When she was dropped out of a rain forest tree in the Philipines after the other bats had been scared away by poachers, she was forgotten and left for dead. Khun was out on a walk during a missions trip and luckily found her crying on a bed of leaves. Khun carefully picked her up and basically raised her from then on. Always optimistic and energetic, she brightens up any situation. She has a great respect intelligence. Khun's personality tends to get a little more reserved and protective when with her. She is basically his daughter, and she is thankful for that.

SPECIAL

Strength - 2
"You want me to lift what? Are you kidding me?"
Perception - 10
"Daddy, there's a tree that your going to run into in about five seconds, be careful."
Endurance - 2
"I love riding in my Daddy's collar."
Charisma - 8
"But Dad! Pretty pretty please can I come with you? Please? *puppy eyes*"
Intelligence - 8
"Daddy says I'm smart for my age."
Agility - 3
"I tend not to fly that much. Not when I can help it."
Luck – 9
"I'm glad Daddy found me in the forest. Otherwise I know I wouldn't be here."

*Edited*

How's this little one?
Last edited by xhunterko on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

No magic. Also, I think it's unwise to have such a small character. If she met my character, Eris, I can guarantee that Eris would try to eat her.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Try and get past Khun's collar, and his teeth, and his claws for that matter. Though that put's her at the size of a small mouse I think right? Can I get away with making her a bit larger?
If she met my character, Eris, I can guarantee that Eris would try to eat her.
I'm quite certain that she has no fear of that. Especially since no death/ gory death is allowed.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

xhunterko wrote:Try and get past Khun's collar, and his teeth, and his claws for that matter. Though that put's her at the size of a small mouse I think right? Can I get away with making her a bit larger?
Sorry, I completely spaced and forgot about Khun. She's fine at the size she is right now.

But no magic, sorry.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

There, edited out.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

It looks good to me you can start posting as her as soon as you want.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

All righty then! Though I'm going to wait just a little before making her special entrance. Just to see what the other characters do.

Just a small discussion tidbit. Has anyone thought of doing level ups? People don't stay the same forever you know. Their could be a condition in which a character may train weights or take classes and they could add up to 2 extra points to any given stat. Or a character could be really good at something ie, lying, and would have to convince at least half the players or some such thing like that. As far as studies and work outs go, or any other stat, they'd have to have the participation of another character. Or some such nonsense like that. Just a thought. Just me rambling. Since, I noticed that Destiny is fairly successful at lying she could increase that stat to make it even more effective. Eh, I'm rambling.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'll talk to some people about that, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

xhunterko wrote:I'm quite certain that she has no fear of that. Especially since no death/ gory death is allowed.
Just remember that your characters don't know that, you are the only one who knows that.

As for the leveling up, it will definitely change the nature of this neighbor. I personally prefer to keep this neighbor like this, I could just apply to a D&D game if I want to have stuff like leveling up.

You can, of course, propose and run a neighbor with rules and elements like that. In fact, I think you can even propose and run a magical neighbor, if you know what you are doing.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, it was just a thought. And besides, no magic means no magic means no magic. And I wouldn't make a good GM at all. I wasn't trying to turn it into a D&D game. Just sort of a reward thingy for players who are doing well or wanting to boost one or two low stats. That's all that it'd be for. But, it was just a ramble, I do that from time to time.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

xhunterko wrote:Well, it was just a thought. And besides, no magic means no magic means no magic.
Unless the neighborhood is supposed to have magic.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

For this type of RP, interacting with the others should be a reward of its own. If everyone is having fun, then you are doing well. Isn't that why people RP in the first place?

I am not saying that having the ability to improve stats is a bad. In fact, it makes sense logic-wise. But it can and probably will destroy the balance very easily.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Aquablast wrote:For this type of RP, interacting with the others should be a reward of its own. If everyone is having fun, then you are doing well. Isn't that why people RP in the first place?

I am not saying that having the ability to improve stats is a bad. In fact, it makes sense logic-wise. But it can and probably will destroy the balance very easily.
I completely agree with you, Aqua.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, it was just a ramble, heh. Sometimes I do that.