LCN-OOC[Closed]

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Ebly

Re: LCN-OOC/Recruitment

Post by Ebly »

Um. Late question.

Okay obviously it's present tense and not past tense since you started out with present. I get that.
But should we use first or second person? It's. Kind of important to me, I guess. I just don't like it when one post is first and the next is first and then the next is second. It just messes with me. So should we be using first or second person?

also yay it's up :U
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Reading this request has left me very conflicted onto what to do here. I've changed my choices, and retyped this post at least five times already. This is 'not' something I considered, and something I'm cautious to rule on. In most role plays each person writes in their own style, what suits them best. We all have different skill levels, and writing styles after all so conforming it all seems a bit... controling to say the least.

I should note second simply does not work for players. You would need someone around you to post anything, and your post length would be cut in half as the perspective is quite limited. On the other hand I can't use first person. As the story teller I have no character to tell the story from, I'm simply describing the surroundings to you as you go. A limited Third person might work, but even that I'm unsure of. Considering everything our two choices whittle down to

Everyone uses Limited-third person:Which would be better over all for description I think
OR
Story teller uses second, while players use first-Which would be better over all for maintaining the 'mood' and atmosphere of the game. As it feels like you're in the heroes shoes, facing these horrible abominations.

Which would you prefer?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sorry, I didn't mean you using first, it was more in my mind as regarding the 'players in the game' than anything else. I'd prefer the second, myself. (Though third-person limited is very sexy, first definitely is more fun.)

I figured as much regarding the style (though i find style doesn't change much if at all with pov and i don't really mind different styles anyway) and i know for a time i was convinced i couldn't do second or third at all and pretty much refused.
maybe not so much a ruling as a recommendation? ahahahaha.
you're right it's a bit controlling to say EVERYONE MUST WRITE LIKE THIS OR ELSE >UUUUU but i think a recommendation on pov can't be -too- bad right? oAo
oh well
i can cope
i can cope
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Haha.. I hope you can, shall we get some of those Joey shot glasses for you? Sorry about that, was second guessing myself far too much this morning. So I'm not included into this idea? Ok that makes things a bit easier. Now that I'm a bit more rational....If I was to suggest a type...

I'd have to go.... yeah: Third Person Limited. Not too many people can write first person narratives well, and typically First person is 'past tense' not present, which would only add to the difficulty. Third person would also work better for putting in little details to fill out a post. Which might be a god-send to the less wind-bag types here who have trouble posting long without it.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Brittles wrote:Haha.. I hope you can, shall we get some of those Joey shot glasses for you? Sorry about that, was second guessing myself far too much this morning. So I'm not included into this idea? Ok that makes things a bit easier. Now that I'm a bit more rational....If I was to suggest a type...

I'd have to go.... yeah: Third Person Limited. Not too many people can write first person narratives well, and typically First person is 'past tense' not present, which would only add to the difficulty. Third person would also work better for putting in little details to fill out a post. Which might be a god-send to the less wind-bag types here who have trouble posting long without it.
U:
Third-person limited it is
you just made me happy in my pants
i hope people like to read
'cause i like to write
i really need to get started on my post likenowlike = 3=
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Ok some quick notes here. To keep things going at a decent pace I'll assume everyone moves to a new room when one person does unless you specifically post you stay, or check out another room. You may take actions 'somewhat' retroactively. If your last post starts you out in room X, and another player moves to room Y, you're free to post yourself doing one or two things in room X before moving yourself to room Y to react to everything that happened there... as long as anything that happens in the new room wouldn't prevent you from going back.

Second try to wait tell at least two other people post before making a post yourself, and do remember to take initive with your posts and 'try' things. don't always post 'so guys what do you wanna do now ^_^!" or "You guys ready :D!". There are times for such lines of course, your first posts were exactly that as they should be. But uh..it would be a bit counter productive if you did it every line. Check furniture, rooms, examine things that your curious about. Basically all I'm asking is for you to play the game rather then simply watch it.
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

well its good we did it right the first time!
Is Night So Different From Day?
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Woo... the two wimpy dogs are suggesting two different places to take off too... but neither is too keen on going alone it seems. It seems Richie will have to be the one to break the tie here hahaha.
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

I can't help if if the dark creeps me out >_>;
Pfft, and they said I couldn't toast breakfast cereal. Now look who's laughing!

Take that, society!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

U:
andtothinkthathedoesn'tevenlikedogs.

by the way i mentioned mal in my first post so imma have to say richie noticed him
huhuhu
C<
but anyway yeah.
uh.
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Considering Richie's Perception... yeah I'll most certainly allow that. But keep in mind:He did NOT follow you straight through the door. He stayed where he was just watching. If you look out now he's no longer at the fence watching you... having stalked off after you entered the building.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

OOC from after the post that i decided not to put on the post:

Uh. A dog's nose is better than a cat's, so it's a bit odd that I've decided that Richie can smell meat. So sorry for that. ono
On the upside the dark room wouldn't pose that much of a problem for a cat so yay for meeeee.
I hate that my posts are constantly getting so long. U:
I'm just lucky they're still in the boundary of 1-5. ; o;
But to be honest I didn't really know the length my posts would be getting to because (asisaidlastpost) I haven't roleplayed in so long.
Sorry. ;A;

bythewaywhyisrichieendingupasthestrongone
imeanhe'sgottheleastconfidenceandeverything
xD
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

You know, it isn't helping my character be more confident if nobody is talking. Though I guess I'm a chatty guy when nobody's talking >_>;

.....you know, I could have swore I just felt a breeze followed by a long pause right now......

Take that, society!
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Haha patience seems to be thin around here. Alright then, maybe I should get to typing up that new room NOW. Forgive me, spent much of my creative energy today working on a few things while I waited for the proper posts to gather up here. Give me a bit.
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

And done. yes a bit shorter then my earlier ones. I hardly need to explain what the walls look like in every post do I? Haha... though you can expect more detailed descriptions of things once you take a look at them directly.

Anyway just for your reference here's a little map that I 'quickly' tossed together in MS paint. I'm afraid I don't have time for something more complicated at the moment.

The Thick Black Lines are the doors. The Green X is the living room you are in now, the room where the music was coming from, and Richie is quite sure he saw something move in before you went into the house.

The Blue are the stairs, going up. The Red is the entrance. The yellow X near the top is where Zep suspects the kitchen is.
Attachments
Map.gif
Map.gif (1.55 KiB) Viewed 15006 times
no space
Location: Beyond the Mountains of Madness, in a little place called Home.

Post by no space »

Wow, I almost forgot about this, haha. Anyway, thanks a ton for the diagram. I was feeling just a little bit lost before, but this helps.

And sorry if I'm not giving you guys anything to work with, as I said before this is my first ever attempt at RP'ing.
What a beautiful waste-
hangnail whispering, "Let's be lonely together."
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Don't be ashamed, this is my first time with RP'ing to (ew, I feel...dirty...).

Take that, society!
no space

Post by no space »

Haha, was it good for you?
What a beautiful waste-
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

More or less, sometimes when I see a bunch of paragraphs I just skim through it and write what I got from that. Now that I'm RP'ing though, I need to get out of that habit :P

Take that, society!
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Umm... hey what are you guys up to exactly? There hasn't been any posting in the past few days. Not boring you I hope?
no space

Post by no space »

Actually, I was waiting for Ebly to post, but if he doesn't by three o'clock or so, I'm just going to forge ahead.
What a beautiful waste-
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

I'll wait till Elby/Ebly posts before I make my move.

Take that, society!
no space

Post by no space »

Hrmm... it appears we may have to forge ahead without Ebly, at least for a time.
What a beautiful waste-
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Hmm seems so. He's likely having trouble getting net access in the cold lands of Canada, or just plain busy. Something easily forgivable either way. I'll give him until tomorrow Afternoon before I move on, and do another long-winded DMish post for you all haha.
no space

Post by no space »

Alright, sounds good to me.
What a beautiful waste-
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

i'll be off for about a week or so... sorry...
Is Night So Different From Day?
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Ah it's alright. Separated from the party as you are it's actually quite handy, and we can just drop you down where I need you once you get back.

Posted as if you may have all noticed, bit short I admit:I have little new to describe... but the events are enough for now me thinks haha.
no space

Post by no space »

Uh-oh. I've got a bad feeling about us splitting up.
What a beautiful waste-
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Be brave! It's not like anything can happen in this dusty old house, it's not like it's haunted or anything.

...right?

Take that, society!
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

god i feel horrible i couldn't have given a warning.
yes, i had no access to internet. I apologize deeply. ;AAA;
on the upside
i'm back in adelaide U:
so unless my father goes through with his threats to get rid of it;
i have internet now.
no space

Post by no space »

S'all good Ebly. You didn't miss much. Good to have you back, though.
What a beautiful waste-
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Hey it happens man. I was pretty much MIA the past two days as well. Distractions, and work you know? Regardless lets see what you all posted here so I can keep this thing moving...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

i'm wondering
what would happen if we were to get separated?
like.
blaze is sending his parts to you because we're unaware of him,
but if we were to separate... we'd in theory be unaware of each other.
U:
it would end up a mass of pms and no roleplay
i'unno
i'm just kind of confused what we'd do is all U:
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Well, that's part of the fun isn't it? Not knowing what the others are doing, afraid they're going to up and run away for whatever reason.

It's spooky...

Take that, society!
no space

Post by no space »

Hmm... I feel like there's nothing I can do until Jump gets back from the kitchen.
What a beautiful waste-
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

Hmmm, I'll continue to explore then.

Take that, society!
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

I swear I was far less distracted when I meant to start this how ones life changes quickly.. oh well lets see here.

Well if everyone is separate.. yes a good portion of the posts will be PMed but not all. You can safely assume you'll be posting in the main thread unless I specific say 'PM me from now on' in the IC thread. While being alone will limit RPing a bit, you still will be advancing the plot, your character, and everything else.

I'd also like to say... there's no harm in simply exploring, or looking over things. Stuff in the room, stuff in the halls, and so forth. If you feel you have nothing to do talk to the other players IC, discuss things, look over Object X in room Y as Jump is doing now. Who knows what you might find eh?

Last thing I'd like to bring up is the fact this is a horror game. In horror stories people get hurt, and people get killed. I will say I won't simply slaughter you out of simple curiosity:Opening a door, or a chest will not make a Grue run out of the darkness and devourer you. I'll be fair, but certain actions in certain situations can lead to bad things haha.

But seeing as this IS true I'd like to give you all a warning to avoid any cheap shots. A player PMed me with this idea, and I agreed to it on the requirement that I'd warn you all first. One of the four characters currently active in the game is a 'villain'. He has his own motives, and knows more about what's going on then the rest of you. He'll give no hints to this in his posts of course, having the same apparently nervous thoughts as the rest of you or.. thats what you're meant to think. There will be clues still of course... it's just a matter of finding them....
Jumplion

Post by Jumplion »

*Jumplion laughs manaiacly like an evil villan*

What are you looking at?

Take that, society!
no space

Post by no space »

Hello?

Echo!

Hm.
What a beautiful waste-
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Yes yes I'm still alive space haha. I've been honestly waiting to see if any of the other players were planning to post. No such luck. Ebly hasn't been round since Sunday, I suspect his father may have gone through with those threats of his, and canceled their internet.... and Blaze is going to be gone for a little while more yet. We're basically missing half our players haha.

Still at the very least we can deal with this little silly side plot while they're gone.