Housepets: The Radio Show

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Teh Brawler

Housepets: The Radio Show

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, as you may already be aware, Ebly has resigned as team leader of this project, leaving me in charge. I am starting the thread over from scratch, to help organize this better, to accompany the transition. Unfortunately, this means that all voice acting auditions must be resubmitted (mine included), for multiple reasons. If you are interested, PM me first, and we will talk. Please do not expect to be considered for a position if you only post your submission on the thread; it will not be considered. However, feel free to post your submissions for peer feedback (I can't give any publicly, for the sake of being objective). The PM rule also applies to auditions for other jobs, such as script writing, editing, etc.

Some "rules" to keep in mind:

-We will be writing in an arc-by-arc format. Everyone may contribute their impression of an arc, and we will decide on what will be recorded. We will cross off the arc when we have decided we have a script for it.

AUDITIONS ARE NEVER 'CLOSED' – If you are considered to have a more appropriate voice than the person we have currently we will use you, so never be afraid to give it a shot.

EVERYONE CAN BE INVOLVED – Hey, if you want to help somehow just offer. Make banners. Delve into the deep and dangerous catacombs of free stock recordings for us. Critique the recordings and force us to become better because you're mean and don't understand that this is just for fun. Make small talk and funnies and keep us motivated and take it like a martyr when we refuse to give you an official job title. Make coffee. I love a good mocha.

WE DO NOT FOLLOW A STRICT TIME LINE AND WILL NEVER FOLLOW A STRICT TIME LINE – Since this is a fan project, putting a time-frame on it would be silly. I'd like proactivity from participants, but I'm not going to give you a deadline (unless you're REALLY slow); submit your stuff when you are ready to submit it. We will throw it together when we are ready to throw it together.

Welcome to the Radio show project.
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Re: Housepets: The Radio Show

Post by Teh Brawler »

LEADERS OF THE PROJECT
(Please note that I'm not just going to give these head positions to the first person who asks. I'm not looking for a portfolio on all your work in this field, but I do need to know that you know what you're doing. This only applies to the head positions)
HEAD LEADER: Teh Brawler
-Please note that "HEAD LEADER" is just an ominous word for "supervisor". I will be the go-to guy for questions, and pulling everything together. While I may be involved in specific aspects of the project, my first job is to make sure everything runs smoothly. Send me your auditions. Also, I will be in charge of promoting the project, and dealing with any bumps along the way. And, if for any reason another head position is incapacitated, I will fill the position until I can find a replacement.
HEAD OF VOICE ACTING: Kirby
-This person will be in charge of pulling the resources from the voice actors together. All you have to do is collect recordings, and advise the voice actors when they need it. Voice actors can still come to me, but this person is more direct.
HEAD OF SCRIPT: Obbl
-This person is in charge of pulling the resources from anyone who contributes to the script. You will work with me to make a final edit. You may also write your own version, but it will be considered at an equal level with everyone else's.
HEAD OF MUSIC/SOUND EFFECTS: Zander
-Yes, there is music and sound effects at times within the comic. This person is in charge of all of those instances, whether it be making the music necessary, or pulling all the resources. This is the only head position I will allow someone to have two head positions in, if they also have head editor.
HEAD EDITOR: Zander
-This person is in charge of taking all the pieces and fitting them together. Please note that you won't be the only person doing this, unless no one else auditions.
VOICE ACTORS AND THEIR CHARACTERS
(FILL 'ER UP, MATE! REMEMBER YOU CAN STILL AUDITION FOR 'FULL' ROLES)
RES
PETE: Spargo
SASHA
FOX: Kirby
SABRINA
SQUEAK
SPO: Enty
FIDDLER: 44R0NM10
KEYS: Sourflamer345
JASPER
JINX
RALPH:Enty
KEVIN
RUFUS
KEENE: sliceofdog
DUKE: sliceofdog
SIMON
ROCK
PIT
MILES: Challenger 01
LUCRETIA
DARYL
EARL SANDWICH
MRS. SANDWICH
RYAN BRYON (fido owner)
JEFF (bino/maxwell owner)
CELIA MILTON
THOMAS MILTON
MR. STEWARD
PEANUT: Vadiant
GRAPE: Obbl
TAROT: Laxan
MAXWELL:
KING (JOEL): ChewyChewy
FIDO:
BINO:Enty
JOEY: Tha Housedog
TIGER: Kirby
MARVIN: Shwabadi
ZACH: Teh Brawler
REX: Nitrosparxx
LANA:
JEEVES: sliceofdog
JERRY ARBELT (tiger/marvin/zach owner):
OFFICER BILL (fox owner):
LESTER:
DAISY: (Yes, I know that this is a really simple part. I'm leaving it open anyways)
KARL LENIN FAUST: Russiarules1
SPOT:RandomGeekNamedBrent
STRIPE:
JIM-JIM:
TV ANNOUNCER:
-MULTIPLE ACTOR CHARACTERS
WOODLAND CRITTERS:
ZOO ANIMALS (multiple people wil play these parts): sliceofdog, Nitrosparxx, Teh Brawler
MILES' CUBS:
MR. BIGGLESWORTH: EchoFireant
REVOLTING MICE:
BAD GUYS/OTHER SPOT CHARACTERS:

SCRIPT WRITERS
Sourflamer345

MUSICIANS/SOUND EFFECTS
TheBlackParrot
Nitrosparxx

EDITORS
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 43 times in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

—ARCS—
Imaginate!
The Game
Cat Tail
The Raccoons
The Adventures of Spot
Fido's Return
Mouse Mouse Revolution
Thematic Arc of Questionable Quality
The Zoo
The Grove
Housepets Christmas
The Yarn Ball
The Further Adventures of Spot
The Vet
A Mouse Named Spo
Zap!
Fall of the Pridelands
The Continuing Adventures of Spot
A Sinister Shadow
Roadtrip Woo
Down At The Farm
Money Sharks
n-ple Date
The Uncanny Adventures of Spot
The Visitor
Oops I Arced
It's A Wonderful Dog's Life
Ocean's Two
Imaginate, Too!
The Present
Spot McCloud Presents Comics
Dog Days of Summer
Theme Park World
The Adventures of Stripe
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

WHAT WE CURRENTLY NEED(this will be updated regularly):
-Female Voice Actors (preferably, a Mrs. Sandwich)
-scriptwriters
-editors
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

*flies in*

iwanttobeheadeditor!Iwasitfortheclosedoneithinkishouldgetithere>:O

1st of all- i can do this.

Edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=e ... 72ad52.mp3

Un-edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=6 ... dab6d4.mp3

*flies out*
Last edited by Zander on Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:*flies in*

iwanttobeheadeditor!Iwasitfortheclosedoneithinkishouldgetithere>:O

1st of all- i can do this.

non-edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=6 ... dab6d4.mp3

Edited:
http://www.upurload.com/file.php?name=e ... 72ad52.mp3

*flies out*
I wrote:Please do not expect to be considered for a position if you only post your submission on the thread; it will not be considered.
:3
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

*flies back in*

I- i sowwi :< pwease fogive meh :_<
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:*flies back in*

I- i sowwi :< pwease fogive meh :_<
Forgiven. Just send me the stuff in a PM. :)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well, I will gladly send in the stuff again, although I think I can get a vouch from Rick himself that I can decently play Rufus. :D Anyway, after I get off my computer probation period, I will gladly send it back in! I feel confident we're going to get it right this time!

Also, I would like to "audition" for the Head of the Voice Acting Department, considering I've met several voice actors and my buddy is training to be one. Plus, I'm kind of an alright voice coach. :D
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Challenger01 wrote:Well, I will gladly send in the stuff again, although I think I can get a vouch from Rick himself that I can decently play Rufus. :D Anyway, after I get off my computer probation period, I will gladly send it back in! I feel confident we're going to get it right this time!
Go right ahead. :D
Challenger01 wrote:Also, I would like to "audition" for the Head of the Voice Acting Department, considering I've met several voice actors and my buddy is training to be one. Plus, I'm kind of an alright voice coach. :D
Please do not expect to be considered for a position if you only post your submission on the thread; it will not be considered.
This is the last time I will tell you about that rule. It is up in the first post, and I expect anyone who's interested in participating to read it fully. Any other posts dealing with submissions after this will merely be ignored from now on.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
BillTheSetite

Post by BillTheSetite »

Now that I'm back, I'm still interested. I went and deleted all my voice audition stuff after I left since my return was TBA, but last thread I was told I did a decent Pete, since I have this nifty Voice Modulation software to add an ethereal tone to ~super-Pete~.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

BillTheSetite wrote:Now that I'm back, I'm still interested. I went and deleted all my voice audition stuff after I left since my return was TBA, but last thread I was told I did a decent Pete, since I have this nifty Voice Modulation software to add an ethereal tone to ~super-Pete~.
Sounds like a plan. :)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

So, considering the circumstances about this project, and the lack of interest that seems to accompany this, I'm going to call this project off. There just aren't enough people who have expressed interest to legitimize continuing it. I'll give it until the end of the week to let anyone try to change my mind, but if that doesn't happen, if a mod could lock this on Sunday, I'd be appreciative.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Teh Brawler wrote:So, considering the circumstances about this project, and the lack of interest that seems to accompany this, I'm going to call this project off. There just aren't enough people who have expressed interest to legitimize continuing it. I'll give it until the end of the week to let anyone try to change my mind, but if that doesn't happen, if a mod could lock this on Sunday, I'd be appreciative.
Awww.... :( I was looking forward to it.... It's weird because when Ebly was in charge a LOT of people expressed interest, oftentimes in the same character(s). What happened?

(Also, I don't know what "the circumstances about this project" are....)

I hope enough interest is gathered in time....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm very interested!

I just thought all the parts were already booked up and were staying that way...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

44R0NM10 wrote:I'm very interested!

I just thought all the parts were already booked up and were staying that way...
No, I've started from scratch. All parts are being recast, and everyone must reaudition.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I did reaudition. I haven't heard back since....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Can I audition for everybody and have you pick the best character for me to be?
(Just kidding)
I'd like to audition for Fox, if at all possible.
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Ugh. I'd love to help ya, but my voice is too low to play anyone. Example:

http://www.upurload.com/files/4f2e9a2bb ... 65152b.wma
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Nitrosparxx wrote:Ugh. I'd love to help ya, but my voice is too low to play anyone. Example:

I've already got three parts I think you could play if you send in an actual audition (the thing from the link is only two seconds long, and I can't accept it anyways). And I'm not telling you any of them. For now.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

I will send in an audition tomorrow, excuse my accent xD
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Yeah, I re-sent my auditions. Not sure I've heard back, but I assumed because we'd already talked when Ebly was leading the project that it was still ok. I can re-resend if you like
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I promise, I'm really interested, but I don't have a good mic.
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Nitrosparxx wrote:Ugh. I'd love to help ya, but my voice is too low to play anyone. Example:

I've already got three parts I think you could play if you send in an actual audition (the thing from the link is only two seconds long, and I can't accept it anyways). And I'm not telling you any of them. For now.
Really? Cool! I'll be sure to post some auditions later! (I have a concert in an hour) Also, If you need a script writer, give me a buzz.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Nitrosparxx wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:

Really? Cool! I'll be sure to post some auditions later! (I have a concert in an hour) Also, If you need a script writer, give me a buzz.
Are you sure that won't be too much, what with you writing your own webcomic and everything?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I have auditions, and have a way to make my voice...higher?

I decided to ignore that option, and I'll be sending Brawler my auditions via PM once they upload.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Okay...I'm going to record my auditions on my phone...whenever I get some peace and quiet, Please don't let this die.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Fine, this project is still alive. I'll keep it running, but advertise. This still isn't enough people to do the whole thing, so the word needs to be spread.

Chewy and Slice, I should still have your recordings. I'll contact you if I need them.

Nitrosparxx, I'm actually still waiting for someone to apply for the head of script position. If you send me a piece of your work and state that you're applying, I'll see if you qualify.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Teh Brawler wrote:Fine, this project is still alive. I'll keep it running, but advertise. This still isn't enough people to do the whole thing, so the word needs to be spread.

Chewy and Slice, I should still have your recordings. I'll contact you if I need them.

Nitrosparxx, I'm actually still waiting for someone to apply for the head of script position. If you send me a piece of your work and state that you're applying, I'll see if you qualify.
K, I'll be sure to get some examples in, asap! I'll PM some vocal auditions to.
Tha Housedog wrote:Are you sure that won't be too much, what with you writing your own webcomic and everything?
Well right now, Zander wants me to take a break. Besides, Webcomic scripts come natually to me (It's just my hands are for Saxophone fingerings and not drawing humanoid shapes)

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say scripts come to me naturaly.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Teh Brawler wrote:Nitrosparxx, I'm actually still waiting for someone to apply for the head of script position. If you send me a piece of your work and state that you're applying, I'll see if you qualify.
Um... *raises hand* Mr. Teh Brawler, sir? I have sent in an application for that very position. :?
Not that I mind NOT being the head of scripts (as long as I can submit script ideas still), but I would just like to remind you that I sent you a script way early on, so... yeah. I'm still here :D

Also, if this project is actually going somewhere (even if it's slowly ;) ) I will get around to doing some voice auditions soon (especially since Winter Break is coming up after finals next week).

Edit: Anyone have a good way to upload audio files? I mean... I guess youtube, but if anyone has any suggestions, either post 'em here or pm me ;)
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Obbl wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:Nitrosparxx, I'm actually still waiting for someone to apply for the head of script position. If you send me a piece of your work and state that you're applying, I'll see if you qualify.
Um... *raises hand* Mr. Teh Brawler, sir? I have sent in an application for that very position. :?
Not that I mind NOT being the head of scripts (as long as I can submit script ideas still), but I would just like to remind you that I sent you a script way early on, so... yeah. I'm still here :D

Also, if this project is actually going somewhere (even if it's slowly ;) ) I will get around to doing some voice auditions soon (especially since Winter Break is coming up after finals next week).

Edit: Anyone have a good way to upload audio files? I mean... I guess youtube, but if anyone has any suggestions, either post 'em here or pm me ;)
You can try this site: http://www.upurload.com/
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

That should be good!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Obbl wrote:

HRRRRRRNG I'm sorry. If you haven't noticed, I'm working out the kinks of this whole thing.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Teh Brawler wrote:HRRRRRRNG I'm sorry. If you haven't noticed, I'm working out the kinks of this whole thing.
It's cool bro. Being supervisor is tough!

That reminds me, I can also write up some midi music if you really need a musician.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Teh Brawler wrote:HRRRRRRNG I'm sorry. If you haven't noticed, I'm working out the kinks of this whole thing.
's all good. I know just whachya mean ;)

And EVERYONE needs to try out for SOMETHING!
I mean seriously, with the amount of creative energy that's practically BOILING OVER on this forum...
So come on and let's do something AWESOME! 8-)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Nitrosparxx wrote:

That reminds me, I can also write up some midi music if you really need a musician.
While I wouldn't say that MIDI is quite what I'm looking for, feel free to apply for a musician position.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Nitrosparxx wrote:

While I wouldn't say that MIDI is quite what I'm looking for, feel free to apply for a musician position.
Okay. Cool! :D
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Hey, I was hoping for clarification on something. If we're going to be following the arcs from the comic, then what does the scriptwriter actually do? I'm sure I'll get an obvious answer that I'll feel like an idiot for not thinking of myself, but no harm in asking. ^_^
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

naylorfan90 wrote:Hey, I was hoping for clarification on something. If we're going to be following the arcs from the comic, then what does the scriptwriter actually do? I'm sure I'll get an obvious answer that I'll feel like an idiot for not thinking of myself, but no harm in asking. ^_^
Well, we'll be following the arcs, but we won't be interpreting them word-for-word. Rather, the script-writers will rewrite the arcs to fit an auditory form (I'll explain the reasoning behind this in a PM if you wish), and each arc will be a single recording (or two, if it's long enough). The scripts will also include any sound effects and necessary placement of characters (yes I know these will just be audio files, but sounds can be affected by placement).

And it's good to ask questions, don't worry. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Teh Brawler wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Hey, I was hoping for clarification on something. If we're going to be following the arcs from the comic, then what does the scriptwriter actually do? I'm sure I'll get an obvious answer that I'll feel like an idiot for not thinking of myself, but no harm in asking. ^_^
Well, we'll be following the arcs, but we won't be interpreting them word-for-word. Rather, the script-writers will rewrite the arcs to fit an auditory form (I'll explain the reasoning behind this in a PM if you wish), and each arc will be a single recording (or two, if it's long enough). The scripts will also include any sound effects and necessary placement of characters (yes I know these will just be audio files, but sounds can be affected by placement).

And it's good to ask questions, don't worry. :D

Makes sense, thanks for the quick response. =D I soooo want to audition for someone, but college is ramping up to finals for me. @_@ Maybe once the break starts I'll send in some recordings...