PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Game

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by The Game »

I have to agree with you guys....and my sleepovers seem really boring now...
It'd be hilarious for them to be using hairbrushes as mics and the pillows as an audience :lol:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

HAHAHA! I love to ninja people!

Also, I think that they should play Truth or Dare, then sing like crazy until they're so tired that they go to sleep. lol

And if everyone keeps up with posting, we could be done with this arc, and time-skip to the Christmas arc by the 15th, hopefully!

Oh, and a little thought I had about the Christmas arc: I think we don't need to timeskip twice, once to decide the Secret Santa thing, and again to the actual Christmas arc. I can either post who got who for their Secret Santa, or I can PM each member secretly. I already have the list generated, by the way.

Oh! The Game! You ninja'd me!

Liz has a ton of stuffed animals and dolls and stuff, so they could set them up as the audience!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

PM secretly cause it will be more fun for us to try to geuss who our secret santa is and trying not to tell who you got
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Why not use each other as an audience? :?

Okay, but who's going to suggest it?

That late? :? Cutting it kinda close, isn't it?

That sounds good to me, timeskipping ONCE to the Christmas arc.

:lol:
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
The Game

Post by The Game »

OH yeah, Imma a ninja, it's my birthday. *dances*

Ahem, anyway, I think you should PM the members secretly, and they can't announce it in a post before the pets give out presents. It would make it more mysterious that way.
The Truth or Dare would be fun, but I am TERRIBLE with dares. Seriously, the best one I can come up with is do 10 jumping jacks while singing the alphabet song!

roar to Wolven and Chewy for ninja'ing me.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Well the girls parrty is sounding fun....while I'm stuck wondering what to do about the current situation...well now less than current, going on at Rendak's house....well at least after everyone's had a delicious steak...oh wait! *facepaws* Rendak knows how to cook, pretty well too xD There's something!
Yay for procrastination!
Jeez! people keeping me from posting this :lol:
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
The Game

Post by The Game »

OHohohohoh!

I forgot Pillow fight!!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I just want to make a little comment here. It seems like Radiant Gardens can't go two pages without either shipping or magic. The shipping isn't a problem, as long as it's done right. But the magic is just so random, sporadic, and uncontrollable, that it can't be done right. We've been meaning to try to reduce the amount of magic, and suddenly, everyone at the guy's party is a spellcaster.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:I just want to make a little comment here. It seems like Radiant Gardens can't go two pages without either shipping or magic. The shipping isn't a problem, as long as it's done right. But the magic is just so random, sporadic, and uncontrollable, that it can't be done right. We've been meaning to try to reduce the amount of magic, and suddenly, everyone at the guy's party is a spellcaster.
I'm with you on that. The shipping is only mildly annoying, but the excess of magic truly does disturb me. Yes, there's some magic in Housepets! but it's mostly kept under wraps, and we don't see it that often. The RPG should reflect that.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Also, it seems like everyone is getting a magical ghost spirit. I honestly think that I'm pulling Morrigan off at least half-believably. and when BollytheWolf was still here, he pulled off Alpha nicely as well. But I don't think that Aethon or Ekez are being pulled off nearly as well as Alpha or Morrigan. Morrigan and Alpha were both gradually introduced into the story, while Ekez and Aethon were kinda just thrown in there.

I'm glad that Rendak asked me about Aethon, but WolvenPaw, you should have talked to me about Ekez first. You're the OP of Radiant Gardens, so you've been here longer than anyone else. Why hasn't Ekez shown up before now?
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Well the thought of Ekez hadn't popped into my head until recently, I have a whole backstory for it and I'm sorry I didn't say anything...
I was really excited to add him that I wasn't thinking and I am sorry

Rendak is ok though because he has had the crystal and even posted Aethon's stats which I neglected to do with Zeke and Ekez

I could fix it to make Ekez go away as if it never happend I just need you guys cooperation
Pet Friendly:
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

I had a better way of introducing Aethon, that had him gradually slip in there, but somewhere along the line....I dunno why U didn't stick along with it :oops:

And now I feel like I've made bad choices concsrning magic, but Rendak has always been able to use Magic, no matter what RP he's in, and I'm sort of used to non-limited magic.......Oi, but I am getting used to it....Blah -_-
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I don't really want to get involved, but Awesome and Seb are at the party...and neither of them do magic.

...even if I think they were both lost somewhere...(well, I know where Awesome is, but still)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Sorry Ren *sighs* I'm used to magic as well seeing as my characters in other RPs have always had it.... but so many rules and restrictions I find my self slipping away all the time... Its just something I'll have to adjust to...
Pet Friendly:
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

The Game wrote:Ahem, anyway, I think you should PM the members secretly, and they can't announce it in a post before the pets give out presents. It would make it more mysterious that way.[/s]
Seconded.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I don't mean to seem like a jerk with the rules and such. I just want Radiant Gardens to be a little more true to Housepets.

As I've said before, Radiant Gardens doesn't even feel like a Housepets roleplay. It feels like a Magical Pets with Problems roleplay.
The Game

Post by The Game »

You pretty much summed it up there Ct.
The magic has been less frequent, but when it shows up it kind of ruins a lot of things. Maybe something terrible should happen, and then all magic gets banned from RG forever.
Zander

Post by Zander »

ctcmjh wrote:I don't mean to seem like a jerk with the rules and such. I just want Radiant Gardens to be a little more true to Housepets.

As I've said before, Radiant Gardens doesn't even feel like a Housepets roleplay. It feels like a Magical Pets with Problems roleplay.
my characters dont even know about the existence of magic. Am i good? -:3
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:I don't mean to seem like a jerk with the rules and such. I just want Radiant Gardens to be a little more true to Housepets.

You're NOT being a jerk, don't worry. :)

And I agree with The Game, you pretty much summed it up for us. I came into this expecting a Housepets!-type RPG, like a collective fanfic of the comic only with our own characters instead of Rick's. Instead I got Sigmund Freud's dream come true, if he lived in a world where pets could walk on two legs and talk, and magic was commonplace. I was honestly expecting VANILLA to be the least well-adjusted of the characters (maybe some would be AS badly off as her but not much more so), but instead she's one of the more SANE pets (except when the crazier crowd bring her down, and that's really ME being brought down.... :oops: ).

I don't mean to hurt anyone, but I just can't fathom how there can be so many maladjusted pets all in the same place, and all having the same problems, and all thinking in the same ways, ways I can't even comprehend.... It's worrisome and frustrating a lot of the time, because not being able to understand makes it very difficult to know how to respond to it, and my "worse self" often comes out when that happens.... :( I don't like that side of myself, and I don't want it to show up publicly here just because I'm frustrated.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

I'm actually kinda in the same boat and when I did introduce magic it was meant to be a side story. with them being basicly teens. If I get the chance though I'm going to put an end to it quickly Chew.
Guys tone it back. You guys do need to tone it back, cuz even i get alittle annoyed with the magic at times..
'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'
The Father of the Atomic bomb.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Athlon2736 wrote:I'm actually kinda in the same boat and when I did introduce magic it was meant to be a side story. with them being basicly teens. If I get the chance though I'm going to put an end to it quickly Chew.
Guys tone it back. You guys do need to tone it back, cuz even i get alittle annoyed with the magic at times..
While I won't have my own characters participate in it, I don't necessarily mind some magic if it can be done right (especially since it does exist in the comic), but it's become way too easy for too many people to abuse that power, so the more it's curbed, the better, probably.
PF chars

--Phoenix

WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I think we should just Re vamp RG starting from the Christmas Arc everything stays but the magic and spirits
Pet Friendly:
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

So, wait...Weren't we going to do a magic arc, at some spoint? At least, some of us, that is?

@Wolvenpaw15: Annnndddddd, why should we do that?
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Yes. Exactly, cause it was a side story with Liz being at the centre of a problem and a major conflict. Then there the sub plots in the side story, with Zappa facing his ultimate fear, Jackson feeling the curruption of power and the taunt of immortallity. This was meant to be a side stroy for Character Development.. I don't mind you guys showing ht bond spirits just... tone it back a few notches right now. I'm planning on do the Magic arc int eh new year.. as in RP wise and RL wise... But for now.. just show them, then tone it back...
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Finally posted as Zack in RG, which I haven't done since....Well, like, what, a month or two ago?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Ugh...you guys are driving me nuts.

Radiant Gardens is known for getting away with magic terms. In this term, somebody's gonna have to change the description of the RP.

Characters that have magical back-stories may have to be loads.

This scene at the boys sleepover will have to be changed. Probably from CT getting rid of it. You'll find it'll be easily removed, considering they kinda jumped to the scene.

Lastly, once magic scene is over, then what? I'm guessing you're already thinking of getting rid of all magic essence from the characters, Athlon, but that's a must to completely remove it.

There. Those are what we need to do if we're really gonna get rid of what this neighborhood is mostly known for.
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

_sigh- Not what i was saying. I meant it should be toned back alot, not removed. Like. After this scene, I say we just end the sleep overs and go to the Christmas arc.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Stop talking about magic removal already.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

If magic is not removed, there will always be somebody new who looks at the neighborhood description and thinks:

"Oh look. They allow magic. I like magic. I'll join that!"

In other words, it's kinda needed. I'm not sure what CT says to new members, although if they have a magic back-story (in the least), it's there. Then we'll go through this entire thing again.

This is a yes-no thing. If you tone it down, it might as well be removed from the description of this RP.
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Okay yes. I'll agree there but its a sub part of the character info thing. Like....
but yes. that idea is good but CTCMJH needs to confirm it.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Can't we wait until sometime after New years to talk about the magic removal thing?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Zack_the_husky wrote:Can't we wait until sometime after New years to talk about the magic removal thing?
We could, but I'm against leaving problems that can be fixed straight away.
Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Okay we'll just wait til we can Talk with Ctcmjh okay?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Okay, can we please SLOW DOWN? The Game hasn't responded to my last post, which is already no longer on the last page.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 »

Alright right now... no one post from the slumber party on the male side okay?
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Oh my gawd, when did all this discussion happen >>
I'm gone for 19 minutes and the OOC's filled with this big discussion :lol:
.-.

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

GM and Mod's orders:

Okay. I've finally decided on what to do.

Ekez and Aethon are out. Rendak, your crystal can be magic, but it only has the powers of detecting magic and conveying emotions.

Morrigan is too ingrained into the roleplay to remove. Furthermore, she will be kind of like our Pete/Spirit Dragon/Great Kitsune, in that she has lots of power, and will use it to keep things going smoothly.

NOBODY is allowed to expand on the magic, or make any magical characters without first consulting me.

The magic can not be expanded any further than what I deem appropriate. The magic is already very powerful as it is. If I say that something doesn't fit, then it doesn't fit. End of question, unless you can show me a very good point that would change my mind. But that's not likely.

I will delete/edit the past few posts in the Boy's Sleepover. The sleepovers were meant to foster character development, and help the characters become better friends. It was not meant to become a 'Magic Show and Tell.' I just need some help from Chewy (he's the Assistant GM) to decide how much to cut.

Look at all of the other neighborhoods. Richmonte Acres has pets going to a museum. Seabreeze Harbor has pets going to someone's house to rest. Yorkshire Fields has pets going to a theme park. Brookeshire Meadows is very normal. Sunset Plateu just had pets explore the woods. VerdeGrove has pets playing tag and ferals talking. No magic in any of them. There's another similarity between them: Their characters are, on average, better developed that Radiant Gardens.

I'm not saying we should take out magic. Of course not. I'm saying that there is no more expanding magic, and use magic very very very very very very very very sparingly. Except in the event of the pre-established magic arc. And after that, the magic will be like Tarot: Simple, quiet, and NOT the normal thing. Tarot is a very weird dog. A very very weird dog. If all the pets in Babylon Gardens were psychic, or had spirit bonds, or had a spirit possess them, then it wouldn't be called Housepets. It would be called Magical Pets with Problems.

This is not Magical Pets with Problems.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I laughed at the end, and I agree.

Although, what do you mean by the character developed part? I didn't understand that part so much.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:I laughed at the end, and I agree.

Although, what do you mean by the character developed part? I didn't understand that part so much.
It just seems that the characters in the other neighborhoods are have better backgrounds, or are more fleshed out on average than this neighborhood.
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Well then...wait a minute.....
o_e There goes hours of thinking of and typing up backstory