Post by Dr. Prower »

Poor Peanut...

Great update ^^ Can't wait for more!
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
GamingNinja

Re: Peanut's Choice

Post by GamingNinja »

After I read this I joined to tell you,
This is absolutely amazing, I hope this doesn't die :cry: !
The Game

Post by The Game »

I feel so loved!
But IMHO i think this story is terrible....I'm very unproud with myself for writing it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

PEANUT IS HURT!!! :cry: :cry:
And here I thought I was the only sadist for what *I* wrote.
Bad Game, here! Someone to Peanut's rescue, now! Hurry up!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

No, NOT PEANUT! :<
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
shwabadi

Post by shwabadi »

Poor peanut :(
Nice update! Great Story so far :) Keep it up
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

The Game wrote:I feel so loved!
But IMHO i think this story is terrible....I'm very unproud with myself for writing it.
Everyone thinks badly of their work at some point. Just shake it off and remember you're awesome at this.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

The Game wrote:I feel so loved!
No story is ever really terrible. Just work on your writing, read stuff you've enjoyed in the past and try and pick up some pointers from it. That's what I've done, and it's working decent enough (It also gives me an excuse to reread good books).
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
The Game

Post by The Game »

then i give myself a round of applause!!
and a hug!
and a pat on the back!
and a handshake!
and a hi 5!
and a....is there anything else??
The Game

Post by The Game »

Update!
oops, double post...
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

awwww :< Fattie-red-cap go AWAY!!! stoopid...
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
GamingNinja

Post by GamingNinja »

I really like this story, poor Peanut :'( I hope they escape I couldn't bear to read something bad happening to him!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Peanut is suffering, and no one to the rescue :cry: :cry: :cry:
Do something, Game, or I'll pun you to NO END! *sniffle*
Hopper200456

Post by Hopper200456 »

Love this story. :lol:
Nice job!
http://hopper200456.deviantart.com/

"I already fixed it, and you are not coming back."
The Game

Post by The Game »

valerio wrote:Peanut is suffering, and no one to the rescue :cry: :cry: :cry:
Do something, Game, or I'll pun you to NO END! *sniffle*
well that scared me into giving them a million dollars .....
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

What happens? I want to know... please?
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
The Game

Post by The Game »

Continued from page 1....
Sorry I haven't been able to update! Don't worry though, I haven't forgotten this ;D

Peanut sighed quietly, staring at his ankle. It hurt terribly, but it felt like it was getting better. I wonder if it's really broken? he thought. He didn't want to chance it though, and decided not to stand up. He wanted to walk around, to clear his mind, but he knew that would only wake up the others. His gaze drifted upward as his mind drifted home. He thought of his parents, his friends, his toys...and most of all Grape. Peanut winced as her name came to his mind; the thought of her made his heart ache. Tears threatened to spill over, but he willed them not to.

"I'm going to get back to her. I have to..."

He was so engrossed in his thoughts he hadn't heard Kay come up behind him. She made herself comfortable in his lap and looked up at him. "Get who back?"

Peanut blushed; he hadn't realized he'd thought aloud. "No one, never mind. Why are you awake?" He chided trying to change the subject.

Kay shrugged. "I can't sleep. I'm not really sure why you thought I'd be able to." Peanut had to laugh. "I guess you're right. Well, since you're up, I need you to help me with something. He glanced at Knobs and Wasp, making sure they were still asleep. "Alright, do you see the window over there?" He pointed to a window on the other side of the attic. Kay nodded, looking up at Peanut with curious, wide eyes. Peanut knew he was asking a lot from her; he looked her in the eyes and asked, "Do you trust me?" Kay nodded without thinking. "Of course, but what does that have to do with the window?" Peanut grinned uncertainly. "You're about to find out."

. . .

Kay stared wide eyed at the ground, thinking of the different ways she could meet up to it. It could be slow and painful, or fast and painful, or fast and painless, or slow and more painful-

"Kay, are you doing alright?" Peanut asked her quietly from his spot at the window. After hobbling to it, he'd realized he couldn't fit through it; it was so small! So he'd taken the keyboard that saved his life and persuaded Kay to let him take her outside. He knew it was dangerous, he knew she could get hurt...but he couldn't stop himself from trying. It was more then a want to back to Grape, it was a need. If he didn't get back to her... well, he didn't want to find out what would happen. So Peanut dangled her out of a window of -according to the sign up front- a pet clinic. Now Kay was on the edge of the roof, trying not to look down. Around the clinic there were a few houses that still had families in them- or at least that's what Peanut believed. All Kay had to do was make it to the ground safely, get to the nearest house unnoticed, and convince the people there to let her use the phone to call the police. Yes it was stupid, yes it was dangerous, and yes the people could say no. But they wouldn't know without trying.

"Just peachy! In fact, I'm so peachy, I could be Princess Peach herself!" Kay yelled at him, her voice hardly more then a squeak. Terror could not describe what she was feeling at that moment. Peanut winced. "Lower your voice. You can't wake up Knobs or Wasp-,"

"Why not?!" Kay squealed as she lost her footing. She found it quickly and gulped.

"Because! Knobs would..." Peanut cut himself off. Kay would hate him if she knew he was using her, even if it was for all their safety. Knobs would kill him if he found out, and...well Peanut Butter would pounded into actual peanut butter.

"Would what?"

Peanut didn't answer. Kay scowled and gripped the gutter, praying for her life to be spared. She gritted her teeth and lowered herself, down, down, carefully and slowly. Her eyes were shut so tightly she didn't know she was at the bottom until she felt grass under her feet. Kay feel onto her back, grateful for solid ground beneath her again.

Peanut pumped his fist. He managed to stick his head out of the tiny window, but he couldn't even squeeze his shoulders through. "Way to go Kay! You're amazing!"

Kay panted as she looked up at him. "What. Ever." she said hostilely. Peanut winced again. "Now make sure you stay hidden on your way to the house. I don't want Red-Cap or Fat-Head finding you." Kay waved him off and dashed into a nearby bush, trying not to cry.

Kay panted underneath the safety of the leaves. What the heck am I doing? she thought, as she wiped her eyes frantically. Carefully, she peered out of the bush, looking for any signs of fat men that wanted to kill her. There were none. Please let me live, please let me live...

. . .

Peanut hobbled back to his place on the floor. He sat down and put on a bored face, just in time for Knobs to wake up. "Mrrrrrrppp." the cat said sleepily. Peanut glanced over at him. "Is that Cat for hi?" Knobs stretched out on his back, looking at Peanut upside down. "Actually, i said 'please get me a breakfast platter with a muffin and omelet with extra cheese' but you were close." Peanut rolled his eyes and Knobs managed a grin. He looked over his shoulder calmly, then his other shoulder, and finally spun around the room wildly and not so calm. "Where's Kay?"

Peanut shifted uncomfortably. "Who?" Knobs' eyes narrowed menacingly. "Don't play dumb! Where is she?!" He yelled so loud, Wasp woke with a start. "The llama comes at midnight!" He bellowed, landing on his feet in a fighting position. Peanut and Knobs gave him blank stares.

"What llama-,"

"Never mind, you heard nothing. What are you guys talking about, and why did it involve scaring me half to death?" Wasp asked, cleverly changing the subject. Knobs became angry again. "Kay's gone and Peanut knows where she is, but he's playing dumb." his voice sounded hurt. Wasp frowned at Peanut. "Why won't you tell him?"

"Tell him what?!" Peanut asked, trying to sound confused. He knew they weren't buying it though. Sighing, he lowered his head. "She'soutsidetryingtofindusawayoutofhere." he mumbled quickly. Knobs shook his shoulders. "What?!"

"I said she's outside trying to find us a way out of here!" Peanut said loudly, unable to look at either cat. Knobs ran to the window. "No, no, no, nooo..." he moaned, hardly able to stick his head out of the tiny window. He managed to find Kay, it was rather difficult, slinking across the lawn. She hid behind trees or bushed every now and then, until she reached the road. She made a mad dash across it, charging into a garage attached to one of the houses. "NO KAY STOP!" he screamed, causing Peanut to tackle him to the ground. "Shut up! They might here you, and then they'd catch her! Do you wan't them to catch her?" Knobs rolled Peanut off of him, shaking his head desperately. "No of course not!"

"Then be quiet and let her do what she needs to!" Peanut exclaimed. Knobs glared at him, but remained silent.

They stayed silent for hours. Waiting for Kay do come back, waiting to be saved. Peanut tried to stay awake, but he was so tired.

So very tired.
. . .

"Peanut? Can you hear me?"

The brown dog's eyes fluttered open. He looked around lazily, trying to make sense of his surroundings. White walls, a small window, and a lot of beeping machines next to him. The combination of items made no sense. He blinked and turned, trying to find the source of the voice.

"His eyes are open! Someone get a nurse!" The urgent cry was followed by footsteps and the slam of a door.

"Peanut? Can you look at me, honey?"

Turning his head was too effort, but Peanut managed to look to his left. A woman was leaning over him, smiling and crying at the same time. A bearded man was next to her, holding her shoulders tightly. "M-Mom? Dad?"

"Honey!" Mrs. Sandwich burst into happy sobs. Peanut gave a shaky smile, but he wasn't sure why she was crying. He'd only been asleep for a minute or two, right? Maybe longer, since they'd had the walls in the house painted. But then, why did his home smell like disinfectant? And he didn’t usually have needles tubes attached to his arms at home, did he?

Mr. Sandwich patted his hand. “I was worried you weren’t going to wake up for a moment there, son.”

Suddenly, the memories came back to him. It was like an explosion in his head; Kay, Knobs, Wasp, Red-Cap, Bucket Foot, -- he could remember them all.

And his plan. His crazy plan that put Kay in danger. He also remembered the conversation he had with Knobs after that, but that was all.

"Mom..." Peanut coughed; he was so thirsty! "Where's..." What was that cat's name? The one he'd been so determined to find again...

"Where's Grape?"

Mrs. Sandwich smiled, but before she could answer, the door swung open. A doctor and a few nurses rushed inside...and behind them, a purple cat stumbled in, with a gray tabby behind her. They weren’t by any means calm, but they weren’t hysterical either.

Or, at least they weren’t --until they saw Peanut.

"Peanut!" Wonder screamed. The purple cat ran to him, nudging doctors out of her way to get to his bed. She stared at him for what seemed like ages, searching his eyes. Were those blue eyes the ones she'd grown to love? Did they remember her?

"Hiya, Grape," Peanut greeted her. Relief filled through Grape as she smiled at him.

"Peanut, you're such a dummy! Why would you do something stupid, like saving me? If you hadn't done that, none of this would've happened. You're malnourished, dehydrated, and you sprained your ankle really badly," Grape babbled, vaguely aware that she was crying. "You, idiot, why would you do something so stupid--"

Peanut sat up with a jolt, pressing his lips on hers in a way of quieting her. Without waiting a second, she kissed back, so happy he was around she didn't even care if their parents saw.

Finally, Peanut pulled back, face red. "I'm sorry Grape, but I did because I love you and I didn't want to see you hurt." His head started to pound, and the room was spinning. Grape gently got him to lie back down.

"That was really cheesy, Peanut,” she tried to sound annoyed, but the smiled on her face said otherwise.

Peanut shrugged, though the gestured tired him. "Some people think grapes and cheese go well together. I guess you could say I'm one of them." He grinned widely, and Grape rolled her eyes at him. Wonder giggled, a little embarrassed that she’d witnessed the kiss, but was still very happy to see Peanut safe.

“Peanut, I was so scared,” Wonder said to him, after the giggles died down. Peanut looked at her, and even though he was exhausted, he could see the disappointment on her face. He’d known Wonder had a crush on him, but now he felt bad for not thinking of her when he’d saved Grape.

“Wonder,” Peanut took her paw weakly. “I didn’t mean to worry you. I just…I just couldn’t let them take Grape…” tears began to form in his eyes. He hoped Wonder would understand.

Wonder waved off his apology, blushing. “Peanut, don’t apologize for saving your best friend. I was just worried, that’s all.” She smiled understandingly. Grape coughed into her fist, and Wonder pulled her paw away from Peanut’s, blushing and mumbling apologies.

Smiling, Peanut turned his gaze to Grape. Even though Peanut wanted to just look at Grape smiling forever, he had something important to ask. "Grape..." he swallowed hard.”Is…she okay?"

"Who?"

"Kay." He winced at the name; still feeling guilty about his plan. His plan that put her in danger, but could’ve saved them, saved them all…

Grape brushed a tear from her eye and laid a paw carefully on his shoulder. "Yes, she is. In fact, she saved your life. From what I've heard, she found a phone, called the police, and they were able to track the location of the phone. You were passed out by the time the found you, probably from hunger, but you were alive. You are alive, and it's because of her. She's asleep now; hasn't woken up for days. But the doctor says she'll be fine."

Peanut sighed with relief. He almost started crying. "What about Wasp? And Knobs?" He grimaced before asking his next question, "And the guys who kidnapped us?"

Wonder jumped in. "Wasp probably got by the easiest out of all of you. Knobs was better off then you and Kay, but still pretty bad. They're both asleep now, with only a few bruises and minor dehydration," she explained. "And your kidnappers have been caught. Turns out they're both former PETA agents, and well known for trying to kidnap pets." Grape shook her head with disgust. Her fist curled and her shoulders began to shake, either from crying or from pent up rage. Mr. Sandwich placed a strong hand on her shoulder, hoping to soothe her.

Peanut exhaled loudly. "Good." He was too weak to clench his fists, even though he wanted to. Grinning slightly, he joked, "Maybe we should call Fox? Tell him that PETA struck again?" He couldn't bring himself to laugh. He looked down at himself, seeing the boot that was on his foot for the first time. He wanted to touch it, but couldn't find the energy to move that far. "What about me? Am I okay?"

"Yes," Wonder laughed, shaking her head.

Grape giggled and kissed his cheek softly. "You're absolutely fine."

Peanut relaxed into his pillow. His eyes closed, with the image of Grape and his parents and Wonder smiling down at him behind his eyelids.

"Glad I made the right choice," he mumbled. Quietly, he slipped off, free to dream and relax until he got better. No more decisions, no more lives in his paws. He could just be Peanut Butter Sandwich again—no hero needed.

Watching him silently, Grape took her mother's hand. "He's really brave. I’m so lucky to have him…" she trailed off, a sob coming out of her throat. “And I missed him so much.”

"He’s the bravest," Mrs. Sandwich replied, pulling Grape, Wonder and Mr. Sandwich, into a hug.

Yup, she's finally done!

Sorry if the ending seems a little rushed...I didn't want it to drag out for too long.
I hope now that I've ended it, everyone can stop biting their fingernails from anticipation while watching their computer screens and wishing I would post already (this is also known as Fanfictionitus).

Anyway, I hope you guys like this!
Last edited by The Game on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

EVIL.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Yay! A long time in coming, but I'm glad for an update, The Game. X3
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
The Game

Post by The Game »

Hey, how'd that update get updated?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

The Game wrote:Hey, how'd that update get updated?
My guess is magical pixies. Trolls give nightmares, and fairies are too vain to bother helping anyone.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Wow!
Looks like the muse decided to work hard in these days.
I hope you'll give us moarz soon, Game... I liked this update, but I like them often.
The Game

Post by The Game »

valerio wrote:Wow!
Looks like the muse decided to work hard in these days.
I hope you'll give us moarz soon, Game... I liked this update, but I like them often.
I'm sorry!!
I got caught up in RPing and....I was really busy....
....bah, and now out of guilt I'm going to ruin the surprise for you This will be done by the end of my Thanksgiving break
valerio

Post by valerio »

One word: YAY! :D
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Dude, every word makes this story more interesting...
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
The Game

Post by The Game »

Russiarules1 wrote:Dude, every word makes this story more interesting...
Lucky you feel that way-- This last update was like, 4 pages on MS word!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Aww! Awesome ending, Game! Very nice!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
valerio

Post by valerio »

SUPERDAAAAWWWW!! for ubercute ending! :D :D :D :D :D :D
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

I just couldn't help myself but to grin ear-to-ear when i read this story. It is indeed really good, except for the typos part.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters