Housepets: A 'Simple' Date

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Housepets: A 'Simple' Date

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
lightwolf21 wrote:Wow! XD Thank you all for the comments. I'm getting a lot more than I did with Projectiles of Protection. Welcome to the forums, NykVerien. I'm honored to have my story thread be the recipient of your first forum post. :mrgreen:
Well....
POP deals with uncharted territory, in a way, and the english-language readers are less familiar with it, since it refers to a work in Italian that must still be translated. Instead, everyone knows our heroes, and you portrayed them extremaly well -in fact, one could say that POP helped you develop your style for this new ficcie.
Both POP and ASD are excellent stuff, but the second gets the icing. Mind me, I'm talking against my interests... :mrgreen:
D'ACK! Translation today.
valerio

Post by valerio »

wasn't mean as a scolding to you :oops: :oops:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:wasn't mean as a scolding to you :oops: :oops:
Don't worry Val, I didn't take it that way either. I just meant that I had forgotten about translations, and I'm doing one later. It's a-okay! :D
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Chapter 4

After a few minutes of walking through the snow Peanut began feeling exhausted. The fight he’d had with Grape earlier left him both physically and emotionally drained. He yawned just before he stumbled from almost tripping over a rock hidden under the snow.

Tarot happened to look outside her window at that exact moment. She tapped on the window and waved, causing Peanut to look toward her. She gasped when she saw the scratches on his face. Peanut noticed her expression suddenly change to one of worry and watched her run to the front door through the front window. Within seconds she was standing beside Peanut. The deep snow buried her up to her chest.

“Peanut, honey, what happened?” she asked, as she gently touched Peanut’s scratched face.

In his emotional state, Peanut hadn’t even noticed the injuries. He winced as Tarot touched one of the scratches. He hunched over and touched his index fingers together, looking ashamed. “Uh… Grape and I kinda, had a bit of a… scuffle.”

Tarot wasn’t buying it. Her eyes began glowing green. “Peanut, give me your paw.”

Peanut reluctantly held out his paw. Tarot went to grab it, but upon contact with the paw, she pulled back suddenly as if she’d just touched a hot iron. “What happened?” Peanut asked, suddenly worried that there might be something wrong with him.

“There’s a lot of pent up energy,” Tarot replied, “…bad energy.” I’m going to try to absorb some of it. “Try to hold still.” Her eyes started to glow their familiar green as she grasped both of Peanut’s paws. Peanut slowly felt the bitterness, anger, and hate that he held toward Grape slowly melt away. His mind became clearer.

Tarot’s experience, on the other hand, was not a pleasant one as she relived the events from a few moments ago. She felt the pain of all of Peanut’s emotions and the pain from the injuries he’d sustained in the ‘scuffle’ with Grape. She did her best to keep a straight face because she didn’t want Peanut to worry about her. She felt it though.

After a few moments Tarot let go of Peanut and stumbled as she turned to walk back to her house. She held up a paw to stop Peanut as he tried to help her. “Wait!” she cried out, “…Don’t touch me, Peanut.” This type of energy is tricky. You could undo everything I just did.” She shook her head, trying to clear it. “I’m fine, really.”
“Are you sure?” Peanut asked with a worried expression on his face.

Tarot nodded. “Yes. And the spirits have shown me what happened between you and Grape.”

Peanut nervously rubbed the back of his head. “So, uh…then I guess you know where I’m going.” Peanut said.

Tarot nodded again. Her eyes turned green but weren’t glowing very brightly. “I don’t think going over to Bino’s is the best thing to do right now. I would leave it well enough alone.” She held her head and stumbled a little, before regaining her footing. “I’m okay.” She responded, when Peanut was about to help her again. “I just need some rest.” She walked toward her house.

Peanut really didn’t want “Hey, Tarot?” Peanut called out to her as she stepped onto the front porch.

Tarot turned around to face Peanut. She saw him waving goodbye.

“…thanks,” Peanut continued, trying to smile.

Tarot nodded and returned Peanut’s wave goodbye before walking inside. Peanut didn’t like the idea of his unfinished drafts being in Bino’s hands, who knows what he’ll do to them? But after Tarot had siphoned off the energy, his mind had become clear and he knew he had to make sure Grape was okay. He had injured her and left her alone at home. He started sprinting toward their house.

---

Grape had been unable to stop Peanut before he left. She cried for another two minutes before finally calming down enough to think rationally. She quickly put on her scarf and went to the door. She had to try to stop Peanut before he got himself into trouble. She wiped her eyes and looked at the calendar hanging in the kitchen. She noticed it was February 13…Valentine’s Day was tomorrow. Great job, Grape, she thought to herself. Now Peanut is going to be sad and angry on a special day like that. She stopped suddenly as she opened the front door. An idea had just come to her. She might be able to make it up to Peanut…if she hurried. She closed the door and quickly made her way to Joey’s.

---

Peanut had made great time sprinting toward his home. He was panting heavily as he opened the front door. “Grape!?” he called out. “Grape I’m sorry! Where are you?!” Peanut started to panic. Grape, wasn’t there. He was regretting leaving her alone. What if she ran away…? What if she’s hurt somewhere…? “Graaaaape! This isn’t funny.” Peanut suddenly realized something… Mom and Dad… How was he going to explain what happened, to them?

Peanut wanted nothing more than to have Grape in his arms at that very moment…reassurance that she was okay. He loved her, after all. Tarot clearing his head; removing all the anger and hate, Peanut wanted Grape beside him. A knock at the door caused him to jump, shaking him out of his train of thought. Peanut walked to the door and opened the door. There stood… “Grape!” Peanut shouted in relief. Before Grape could react, he embraced her as gently as he could; but making sure that he got the message across that he wouldn’t let go of her easily.

Grape felt ashamed. She’d done everything to teach Peanut a lesson, but ended up hurting the two of them. She returned the embrace, twofold. She didn’t even let go when her bruised rib started hurting after it was being pressed in against Peanut. However, she did wince. Peanut noticed it and let go of her. “Are you okay, Grape? If I hurt you, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything…I shouldn’t have messed with your diorama. I was being stupid…I guess…I guess the last week was a little hectic…I wasn’t thinking clearly.”

Grape pressed a finger to his muzzle. “Quit, while you’re ahead, Peanut.” She took her finger off his muzzle and started walking toward their room. “I’ll be fine. I just need to rest…I’ve had a bad day. For now, I’ll be needing some sleep, so none of this ‘Graaaaape!’ business.” She said with her best Peanut impression.

Peanut snickered. “Thanks Grape. Thanks for forgiving me.”

---

The next morning Peanut awoke to a letter beside his bed. He saw Grape sleeping on the bed beside his. He looked at the letter with curiosity. He sniffed it. It smelled like Grape. Must be from her, he thought to himself. He opened it. It was the most beautiful handwritten letter Peanut had ever seen. ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ was written on the front. Peanut opened it and began reading it aloud.

“Dear Peanut,
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I messed up big this time,
Would you forgive me too?
Love,
Grape”

Peanut chuckled at Grape’s poetry. A fan-fic writer, does not a poet, make. He then noticed the object that the card was laying on. It was the binder he thought he’d lost to Bino forever. Grape appeared over his shoulder, startling him. “Gyah!” Peanut exclaimed, clutching his chest.

“I gave the comics to Joey,” Grape explained. “I lied about giving them to Bino, to spite you. I was really upset about the diorama and I was being stupid. I’m really sorry.”

Peanut smiled as he looked at her. “I forgive you, and again, I’m really sorry.”

Grape rubbed her knuckle into his head. “You mutt…you don’t have to apologize all the time. And there’s another reward that comes with the card. To show you how sorry, I am…I’m granting you one request, no questions as-“

“A date.” Peanut said, without hesitation.

Peanut’s response caught Grape off guard. “Uh…umm…what?” She replied. She certainly hadn’t expected that.

“A date.” Peanut repeated. “We haven’t been seeing much of each other lately.” Peanut gave her a big smile.

Peanut and me…on a date…in public…social H-bomb… “Okay.” Grape replied. What am I doing?

“Great,” Peanut said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Happy Valentine’s Day, Grape. We’ll go to dinner later tonight. Be ready by four.”

Peanut got up and walked to the kitchen to have breakfast, leaving Grape dazed in their room. “What just happened?”

----------

Story continued by Tha_Housedog here: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 37#p138537
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

it happened that you got DAAAWWWEEED! dear Grape.
Enjoy your date, dear ;)
Yes, this update was full of sweet the way I like it! :D :D :D
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

If I could express my emotion, I would do it, I just don't know how...
I will put it in a weird and stupid way:
This story is like the Tsar Bomb in the 60's

The author is Valerio, right? Whoever it is, he/she is doing the most greatest job a man/woman can do with characters of a nice comic, I expect more of this author, he/she woke up my interest on reading books.
From the start, I cannot rate this fan-fic, it doesn't deserve it. It is to great to be rated, to beautiful, to excellent, just wonderful.

I take off my hat in sign of respect.
Your comrade, Eliel Morales.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
NykVerien

Post by NykVerien »

AMAZING!!!! :D
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

A good update…

NO! Curse that Tarot and her powers! You can’t remove the Darkness!

but... this can still all go wrong... HA HA HAAaaaa
valerio

Post by valerio »

Russiarules1 wrote:If I could express my emotion, I would do it, I just don't know how...

The author is Valerio, right? Whoever it is, he/she is doing the most greatest job a man/woman can do with characters of a nice comic, I expect more of this author, he/she woke up my interest on reading books.
From the start, I cannot rate this fan-fic, it doesn't deserve it. It is to great to be rated, to beautiful, to excellent, just wonderful.

The author is Lightwolf21, so give him all the well-deserved cheers *toasts to LW21* and then throw the glass on the floor :mrgreen:
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Russiarules1 wrote:If I could express my emotion, I would do it, I just don't know how...

Wow. :shock: To think my writing got confused as being written by someone as good as Valerio... XD
That made my day. :mrgreen:
I hope everyone's looking forward to the date. Tha_Housedog should have the first chapter written by Friday. At least...that is the plan.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Great job, Light! Now the reins are mine! I'm taking over as the writer of "A 'Simple' Date"! :twisted:
Don't worry, guys, it was already all planned this way. I'm going to have fun with this, and I hope the author change doesn't bug you guys. All we're really doing is switching jobs, as lightwolf21 was the writer and I was the editor. Now you get to enjoy MY writing and his exceptional editing skills. :lol:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

:shock: Wow, Tarot really took care of Peanut, that is getting rid of that negative feelings and energy.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Owww, I was hoping for a war between Peanut and Bino :)

But at all, it came out good in my opinion :)
Last edited by Karl on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a bookworm!
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

I love this fanfic more than i loved Ghosts of Onyx, and that was an epic read.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'm really looking forward to the next update! Gotta say, I didn't see this coming. I was actually thinking this would be the last update before, hehe...

Tha Housepet's taking over? Hehe, I'm also looking forward to see if I'll notice a big change in writing styles. :D
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

44R0NM10 wrote:I'm really looking forward to the next update! Gotta say, I didn't see this coming. I was actually thinking this would be the last update before, hehe...

Tha Housepet's taking over? Hehe, I'm also looking forward to see if I'll notice a big change in writing styles. :D
Tha what? Hopefully, there shouldn't be too much of a shift in the writing style. Don't worry, guys; I'll keep it entertaining ;)
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

I have faith in you, T.H. :mrgreen:
And thank you for the comments, everyone. I aim to please. X3
Also:
The Game

Post by The Game »

The cuteness of that just made my face look like this
Karl

Post by Karl »

Ah, so Tha Housedog will be writing now. I wonder how this will turn out :)

Remember - We're watching. We're watching...
I'm a bookworm!
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

wait... how will Tarot handle Peanut date with Grape?

I would love to see Tarot tricking Bino into destroying the Date

I know Tarot is psychic but no one ever say she wes a saint, so will she fight for her love?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I am loving this! I can't wait for Tha Housedog's part. This is going to be fun. I just hope it doesn't end with the date. I swear, you could drag this thing on forever.

Don't let the cuteness die!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Switching authors now, eh? I just can't wait for the next part. Hope he doesn't screw up, because if he does, he will end up in a Russian gulag, but many people do not expect a fail...
Cant wait for the next part!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Karlos wrote:Owww, I was hoping for a war between Peanut and Bino :)
Would loved to see that. :mrgreen: But this is a better turn out. :mrgreen:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Barkeron wrote:
Actually, that's part of the premise of my next fanfic, also centered around Valentines Day.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Barkeron wrote:
Actually, that's part of the premise of my next fanfic, also centered around Valentines Day.
Wow, foreshadows . :lol: Wait? What?
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

I expect many much love for Grapenut! Make it so!!!!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

ChristopherJackal wrote:I expect many much love for Grapenut! Make it so!!!!
Heh, you know it!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Argh, sorry guys, I haven't finished the update just yet. Late update, and again, sorry for the writer change, it kind of screws everything up when I have a paper due and lots of studying to do. I blame school. And myself.
ChristopherJackal

Post by ChristopherJackal »

It's ok... we can wait... we can wait... *twitch*
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Argh, sorry guys, I haven't finished the update just yet. Late update, and again, sorry for the writer change, it kind of screws everything up when I have a paper due and lots of studying to do. I blame school. And myself.
No one to blame
nothing to blame
Just make sure to use the time you have in the most contructive way and everything'll be fine
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Eh, can't be helped.
* sits in corner and patiently twiddles thumbs around.*
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Alright, all done, sent to lightwolf21 for review. When I get back the corrections (if any) and I fix it, I'll post Chapter five. In the meantime, really sorry for the late update. What does that say about me if my first bit of work on this is posted late?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Alright, all done, sent to lightwolf21 for review. When I get back the corrections (if any) and I fix it, I'll post Chapter five. In the meantime, really sorry for the late update. What does that say about me if my first bit of work on this is posted late?
One word: responsible
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:Alright, all done, sent to lightwolf21 for review. When I get back the corrections (if any) and I fix it, I'll post Chapter five. In the meantime, really sorry for the late update. What does that say about me if my first bit of work on this is posted late?
One word: responsible
:shock: Say what now?
valerio

Post by valerio »

meaning, that you put your duties before the pleasures.
Responsible.
is that a bad word?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

valerio wrote:meaning, that you put your duties before the pleasures.
Responsible.
is that a bad word?
Yeah... I'm a real trooper. Thanks, Val. Makes me feel better about being late.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So it'll be up sometime today? Woohoo! *twiddles thumbs just a little faster*
My characters
KizerZin

Post by KizerZin »

=^,^= Can you all stop bugging him, you'll get him sad or mad and then he may quite and then there will never be an update.

“Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.”
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

KizerZin wrote:Can you all stop bugging him, you'll get him sad or mad and then he may quite and then there will never be an update.
I'd make the argument of saying that sort of thing really helps build character >_>
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I had no idea I was bothering anyone. I shall post no more until after the update. Thank you, Kizerzin, for making me realize the folly of my ways!
My characters