Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

icarus

good days!

Post by icarus »

to counter the bad days topic.

here's my good day- i just scored these headphones from unclaimed baggage:
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/pr ... sid=004974

you ever wonder where the lost luggage on a plane goes? or things left behind? it goes to unclaimed baggage in alabama, where it's resold. those puppies? only cost 20$. and everything, <i>everything</I> sounds AMAZING on them. i am listening to phish's rift on them and it's like a whole new album. maaaaaaaan so stoked <3
do you think the girls here ever wonder how they got so pretty?
well, i do.
Ebly

Re: good days!

Post by Ebly »

my really good day (only so far) was future shop on the 27th.
what can i say.

okay the really fun thing about this is that my parents spend a bunch of money on themselves
and then i get the cast-offs.
for seriously reduced prices.
like i'm talking getting over $2000 computers for $500.
and really really really really really amazing noise cancelling EARphones for about fifty.
and because they were feeling nice they also got me a bamboo tablet (even though the computer that i got for 500 was a tablet computer) and a bunch of programs i wanted.
in other words i not have lesson systems for german, italian, spanish, french, japanese and mandarin. Japanese I'm learning anyway, and French I -was- learning for a bunch of years but forgot a lot but it's easy to remember.

anyway yeah it was awesome.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
FerretWithASpork

Post by FerretWithASpork »

/me got countered!!! BROOM TO THE FAAACE!
icarus

Post by icarus »

hey, a forum needs a little positive to go with the negative!
well, i do.
Nuclear Fusion

Post by Nuclear Fusion »

[quote=icarus]hey, a forum needs a little positive to go with the negative! [/quote]

One day, we will remember this quote and shake our heads sadly.
How are all you guys doing, huh? Guys?.......guys?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Nuclear Fusion wrote:
icarus wrote:hey, a forum needs a little positive to go with the negative!
One day, we will remember this quote and shake our heads sadly.
We'll be sad because it would have been after like this giant fight thing that divides the whole forum and when we finally remember the quote we'll be all like WHY DIDN'T WE REMEMBER THAT SOONER -sad headshaking-
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
BeyondUshuaia

Post by BeyondUshuaia »

Yesterday I discovered my shipping order accidentally got messed up, and instead of getting my new television next in two weeks it came yesterday (thats 3 days from when I ordered) So that was a great day for me.
I do in photoshop what kindergartners do with fingerpaints.
Nuclear Fusion

Post by Nuclear Fusion »

BeyondUshuaia wrote:Yesterday I discovered my shipping order accidentally got messed up, and instead of getting my new television next in two weeks it came yesterday (thats 3 days from when I ordered) So that was a great day for me.
That sounds like the best mistake ever.
How are all you guys doing, huh? Guys?.......guys?
fourwinds

Post by fourwinds »

The day of my GCSE results. Not only were they better than I expected, my parents unexpectedly bought be a semi-expensive laptop as a reward.
icarus

Post by icarus »

fourwinds wrote:The day of my GCSE results. Not only were they better than I expected, my parents unexpectedly bought be a semi-expensive laptop as a reward.
suh-WEET! what are the specs?
well, i do.
fourwinds

Post by fourwinds »

icarus wrote:
fourwinds wrote:The day of my GCSE results. Not only were they better than I expected, my parents unexpectedly bought be a semi-expensive laptop as a reward.
suh-WEET! what are the specs?
I'm not sure sorry, i'm not really big on computer knowledge and the box seems to have disappeared.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Old friend let me know she's out of quarantine. Big yay! And whew!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I had a good day today because I went to the beach with my parents and my mother's friends family. It was really nice. I definitely did enjoy it. Very relaxing. I forgot about COVID-19 and the problems it caused in the world during my time there.

Then we left and I remembered we were still in a pandemic because I saw people wearing masks again. :|
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

A little time out of time is a good time - but don't take risks. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I didn't take any risks but then nobody on the beach had asks on but everybody was all six feet apart. It was only when we were leaving that I had to deal with the pandemic again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

On our Sunday morning walk, Sophie and I ran into a neighbor walking his two Bernese Mountain puppies (who weigh in at about seventy pounds each). They just love Sophie who is about a third the size of one of them. They always jump on her, she plays with them a bit and then remembers her dignity and gives them a sharp bark. They immediately calm down, back off and give her the "play bow". My neighbor just marvels at how deferential they are towards her but - besides being good-hearted youngsters - they're just respecting a "mama dog". But it really is a cute little show. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As of now, I am not going to be having any good days anytime soon due to what has happened.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:21 pm As of now, I am not going to be having any good days anytime soon due to what has happened.
Hope things are better, chum.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

They are getting a little bit better but I don't want to say it because I don't want to jinx how well everything has been going.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Well you mentioned the accident in Discord, were you injured at all beyond the bruising, any X-rays?
B.E.A.R. PMC
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

No it was just the bruising and the X-Ray was what confirmed that it was only bruising and now I'm still trying to wait for myself to heal completely.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:05 pm No it was just the bruising and the X-Ray was what confirmed that it was only bruising and now I'm still trying to wait for myself to heal completely.
Feeling okay?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was then I had a setback as my car which I let my mother borrow decided to join my mother's car though in a less violent way after she hit the curb and the tire axles ended up getting bent.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Today was sunny and cold. Spent the morning picking up birthday mail for the missus and watching a fox playing around on the side yard. Then had a couple of phones calls, one from an old classmate and the other from the widow of one of my favorite college professors. We all had had a good, simple day. A seriously nice change from some of the recent darkness. :)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Two words: Steak, A1 sauce and fries.

Okay, that's three words, but still.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).