Darren Hyde, Getting Out of the House [RP-Open]

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ImpDynasty

Darren Hyde, Getting Out of the House [RP-Open]

Post by ImpDynasty »

[This RP is open to anyone. :D ]

Darren whimpered quietly as Anna, (His owner's sadistic five year old daughter) began brushing his fur. It's not that he didn't like being brushed, in fact he liked it, but when Anna did it, it meant that he'd inevitably be forced to wear some of her dolls clothing. She finished far quicker then Darren expected and before he could get away she'd grabbed him and her box of doll clothing. The small girl quickly forced the small Chinchilla into a santa outfit. "See now you're ready for christmas," The small child giggled.

Darren was only slightly relieved, it was much better then the girl clothes he was usually forced to wear. Anna picked him up before placing him on the ledge next to the window. "See it's snowing. This is your first Christmas with us so it's gotta be SUPER special." Anna said happily, while forcing a small red and white hat on Darren's head.

Anna was just about to leave when she patted Darren on the head. "I'm going to go make you some special Christmas treats so be good." She smiled before running towards the kitchen.

The chinchilla sighed, she'd even managed to get boots and mits on his hands and feet, but in the warm house he felt like he was in a sauna. But being timid and not wanting to make Anna sad, by taking of the clothing he just stared out the window at the soft white snow as it fell from the sky, landing gently on the other snow that already coated the landscape. He 'd been warned about going outside, especailly in the winter, since he wasn't built for this weather, but he still wanted to get away from Anna. Afraid she might decide to make him a Christmas dress instead.

"I wish I could go outside," Darren thought, "Even if it was only for a few minutes."
Darren - S.2//P.8//E.4//C.2//I.9//A.6//L.2
http://www.impdynasty.deviantart.com/
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Re: Darren Hyde, Getting Out of the House [RP-Open]

Post by Russiarules1 »

Aw, good story. Makes me wish even more for some snowing were I live, cause' I live in a semi-desert place.
It's HOT IN HERE!!!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

"Wait a minute..." Darren thought to himself. "The Santa suit should be able to keep me warm enough in this weather." He looked back at the open door to the room. Seeing that Anna was going to be a while he undid the latch on the window and opened it. "I'll only be a second." he said quietly to himself. He picked up a crayon from the desk and quickly wrote
BRB
-Darren

on a piece of paper that had partially been colored by Anna. He slipped through the open window wearing the Santa suit. He fell several feet into a soft pile of snow. He climbed out of the hole and stood in the open. A soft breeze blew the slowly falling snow a bit. "Santa suit seems to be working," he thought to himself again. His curiosity got the best of him as he felt a need to explore a bit more of the neighborhood. He wanted to see what other pets and their families were doing at the time. He set off, feeling quite comfortable, for another area of the neighborhood.

(Am I doing this right? I'm not sure this is what you meant by [Open RP]. This might belong more in the Pet Friendly or OOC section of the forums)
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

I wonder what will happen next, will he be the next Santa Clause of happiness or he will catch a big cold? Can't wait for the next part, good job!
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Zander

Post by Zander »

I think what he means by "open rp" is that this "rp" is open to everyone.
Like some of the RP's ive been on on other sites, its a no-character sheet style RP. which means you make your post, and flesh out your character by interactions and self description. its really inspires long paragraphs and strong stories. the're really fun :P
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

A small kitten, Addison, was walking with her Dad, rolled up a snowball. "Watch out Daddy!" she yelled, throwing and missing her mark by a lot. Instead of her dad, she'd hit a rather small...Santa?

"Santa!!" She squealed, tackling the chinchilla. "I've been really really really good this year!!...and you're a lot shorter in person...."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker, a five-year-old Border Collie, chirped in, "Wait, Santa!? Where? That's weird... He's kind of small..."
(Am I doing this right?)
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Zander wrote:I think what he means by "open rp" is that this "rp" is open to everyone.
Like some of the RP's ive been on on other sites, its a no-character sheet style RP. which means you make your post, and flesh out your character by interactions and self description. its really inspires long paragraphs and strong stories. the're really fun :P
Ah okay, sorry to break up the action, but...should I continue writing for the chinchilla, or is he for ImpDynasty to control...?
Also:
Zander

Post by Zander »

The black cat continued to walk down the snowy road, not at all affected by the cold for two reasons, his gleaming red hoodie and his fur. He continued to bob his head as he walked, his eyes partially closed as the music played in his ears. He came to a stop as he approached a small area with a few other pets, playing around. He pulled out the old beat up ipod he found in a trash can a few counties back, pressing the play button to stop the music. He thought it wouldn't hurt to introduce himself, considering the other pets in previous neighborhoods were nice.

He walked up in his dirty clothes with tattered long pants and waved to them. "Hey!" he said with a half smile, tilting his head to the side partially.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker noticed a black cat standing behind him. His eyes went wide, and he freaked. "AAH! Oh, hi! My name's Parker! What's yours?" He extended his left hand as if to say he wanted to shake hands.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale gave the border collie a weird look, looking down at his extended hand. He didnt shake it, but instead gave him a suspicious look. "So whats your name?" He asked warily, continuing. "My name's Dale."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker sighed. "Oh, your name's Dale? That's way cooler than my name. How'd you get it? My parents just watched too much Spider-Man..." He tilted his head to the right with a questioning look on his face.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale gave a questioning look, he never heard about spider-man, so he would not have got the reference. "Oh.. uh.." He tried to think back, but he couldn't remember. he'd been wandering the streets as a stray for a while, surviving out of trash cans and sleeping under peoples car-ports. He scratched the back of his head. "Er, well.. that doesn't matter right now... Who is "Spider-Man"?"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Wait huh what huh?

You realize this thread is nearly a year old, right? Imp Dynasty posted this then, but nobody responded at that time. Imp has since left the forums (inactive leave).

Things are kinda confusing, suffice to say, and the OP isn't here. You may want to restart this in some other way or form...or, at the very least, add an OOC for this RP to make it less confusing.

Despite the "Holy what what a necropost" reaction, it seems to have sprung into an actual something, so I'll leave the thread open for now. Lemme know what you guys do.
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Zander

Post by Zander »

Buckdida wrote:_____________
(This post is an OOC comment: This is here because there is no OOC thread for this.)

Wait huh what huh?

You realize this thread is nearly a year old, right? Imp Dynasty posted this then, but nobody responded at that time. Imp has since left the forums (inactive leave).

Things are kinda confusing, suffice to say, and the OP isn't here. You may want to restart this in some other way or form...or, at the very least, add an OOC for this RP to make it less confusing.

Despite the "Holy what what a necropost" reaction, it seems to have sprung into an actual something, so I'll leave the thread open for now. Lemme know what you guys do.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Buckdida wrote:_____________
(This post is an OOC comment: This is here because there is no OOC thread for this.)

Wait huh what huh?

..But anyway, Back to the story.

Now Parker was really confused. "You've never heard or Spider-Man? He's, well... Um, he's a comic book character that they made a TV show and a few movies out of. Does that help at all? I'm not so good at explaining things..." Parker looked down, visibly saddened.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Addison momentarily let go of the dazed Darren. "I know who Spider-Man is!" she yelled happily. "He's the guy that jumps around the city in his PJs and he makes webs shoot out of his finger!" she imitated shooting webs from her paws. "Chwu, chwu, chwu!" Addison said as sound effects. She looked up at Parker and Dale. "Like that!"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker chuckled. "Heh, yeah, like that. I guess that works. Do you understand now, Dale?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale gave both of them strange looks. "Uhh.. sure... i guess.." he said a little confused.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker could tell that Dale wanted to change the subject. "So Dale. What are you doing here? I just wanted to get out of the house and enjoy the snow, and think about some stuff. So I took a walk. What about you?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale had to think up something, fast. he looked down at the old worn out headphones. "Uhh, i was just walking around, listening to music." He said, trying to sound sincere.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker smiled. "Yeah, I like to do that, too. Especially when I'm taking a walk. It helps me relax and tune out the rest of the world." Parker looked at the kitten. "So what about you? Aren't you a little young to be out by yourself?"
I guess that since the OP isn't here, we have one of two options: either we invent a new scenario for all of this to happen, or one of us takes over for Darren. Lightwolf had control of Darren last, and he has ceded control of Darren to me if this stays. I don't know what to do yet, though. Should we take a vote?
We need a GM if this is to stay. Nominations, anyone, or should we wait until more people express interest in this first?
The Game

Post by The Game »

"Well, my Daddy's right over there." Addison pointed to a man layered in warm clothing. He waved kindly at Addison, then suddenly whipped out his phone. He turned away to take the call. "He took me out for a walk today 'cause he felt like he was too busy for me all the time. And he's still a little busy but at least he was nice enough to do this for me!" Addison's eyes sparkled and she smiled happily. "And then I got to meet Santa!" she looked over at Darren and whispered behind her hand, "Don't tell Santa, but he's a LOT shorter in person."
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker looked at where Addison was pointing. It was clearly not a human dressed in a Santa suit. He gave a confused look, then quickly replaced it with a smirk. "Yeah, Santa's shorter than I thought, too. And cool, I'm happy that your Dad managed to find time to spend with you! Hey Dale, what about you? Where's your family?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Santa? What Santa? Dale didn't care much for fairy tales, and even if Santa was real, he obviously didn't care about Dale one bit. He looked over at parker, keeping a straight face. "family?pfftt, I don't need no family! Families are stupid..." he kicked a clump of snow afterwards, looking up. He didn't know who he was trying to convince, them, or himself.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

"Oh, uh...Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up such a touchy subject. I'm sorry, Dale..." Parker was confused. Who doesn't have a family? As a five-year-old, he couldn't understand not having a family.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale Rolled his eyes. "it's not that, its- well-.. You know what, nevermind, just forget it." he looked around."now, if you'll excuse me, I need to find dinner and a place to crash for the night before It gets dark."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker looked around. "Wow, it's nighttime already? Man, I have to get home or my parents will worry about me! Goodbye, Dale and Addison!" Parker turned around and waved, then ran off into the distance.
Zander

Post by Zander »

(well that was fast >_>)

Dale began walking forward, but out of the corner of his eye something drew his attention. He looked to his side and to his amazement there was a nice chinchilla, fully clothed in a strange santa outfit. He hadn't noticed him before because of his size. He leaned over and picked the thing up by the tail, looking straight at it. "nevermind,looks like I already found dinner" he said with a smirk.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker couldn't shake the feeling that he was forgetting something. He turned around to see Dale holding what looked like another animal. He had to go see. "Hey, Dale, what's that? And why are you holding it like that? You're not going to eat it, are you?"
Russiarules1

Post by Russiarules1 »

Minding his own business, a husky walking down the street while whistling loudly noticed those two guys talking out loud and he asked "Hello, I am kind of new here and mind if I ask, where is the..." He noticed one of them was holding a little thing in his hand "What the, is that Santa? uh... I have been a good dog this year, so don't worry about me and... Are you going to eat Santa?" he asked.

--------------------------
By the way, if I interfere in the story in a unconformable way, please forgive me and uh... just ignore everything.
If I can participate in this story it would be an honor (cause' I am not really sure of joining a neighborhood and this story was really heartwarming)
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale looked around at the two, still holding the little chinchilla. "What? oh.. uh.. no, of course not!... umm." He scratched behind his head "I'm.. uhh.."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker wasn't buying it. "Well, if you're not going to eat him, then what WERE you planning to do with him, huh?"
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

A light shown on the two dogs, two cats, and the chinchilla. It started bobbing up and down as the figure started running toward them. The dog, a mix between a Dalmation and a Pitbull set her paws on her knees to catch her breath. She appeared to be about 7 or 8, in human years; about 28 in pet years. She wore a neighborhood watch vest with light reflectors. The tag on it showed her name, Summer. It didn't seem like her name fit the season. "What's going on here? There are people and animals trying to sleep." she said in a loud whisper. Her flashlight focused on the kitten. "Aren't you a little young to be out at this hour? And you..." her flashlight focused on the older cat holding the chinchilla. "I don't know where you're from, but in this neighborhood we don't eat other pets..." She had a stern look on her face.
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker looked at the new dog in a neighborhood watch vest. She looks kind of ridiculous, he thought. "Oh, hi! Who're you? I'm Parker!" He smiled.
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

"Hey! Don't give me that cavalier attitude, mister. she responded to the Border collie. Summer felt the animals didn't seem too supsicious, beside the fact they were surrounding a poor chinchilla. She turned off her flashlight. I'm Summer...and you know who I am, Parker; we live right next door to one other...I recognize all of you, except for this cat here." She pointed to the black cat in the red hoodie. "There's a reason they're called hoodlums. This cat looks like a troublemaker." She glared at him. She always seemed to be overprotective of the street of the neighborhood for which she was responsible.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker scratched the back of his head. "Heh, whoops, sorry Summer. You look kind of funny inthat vest. You're not taking that 'Neighborhood watch' business too seriously, are you?"Parker laughed.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale sighed, the flashlight revealing a bright red tint on his eyes. He took a step forward, tossing the red clothed chinchilla over his shoulder as if it were a waded up piece of paper. "Listen here, pup, I don't take orders from anyone. Especially shiny clad dogs with flashlights claiming to be of some importance whatsoever.

What dale looks like.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Parker was disgusted. "So you REALLY intend to eat him? That's wrong! Seriously, you act like- You grew... up on the... street... You're homeless, aren't you?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dale turned to the border collie, pointing a menacing finger at him. "So what if a grew up on the street? your not any better then me!"

-Robert Louis Stevenson