Wild Mass Guessing

Discuss the comic here
Psykeout

Re: Wild Mass Guessing

Post by Psykeout »

is that a lost reference too? (i never saw it, but i now as a default assume all your guesses are lost related)
bwah bwah
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Psykeout wrote:is that a lost reference too? (i never saw it, but i now as a default assume all your guesses are lost related)
No.
Or is it..?

(actually, no, it wasn't intended to be.)
Image Image
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

copper wrote:My mind is calm now, so here we go...

After getting angry with Peanut for injuring her pride, Grape takes all of his spot comics and sells them to Joey. She then tells Peanut that she sold his comics to Bino, who will show them to the entire GODC. Peanut goes to Bino's to beg for his comics back, but is intercepted by Tarot, who tells Peanut to leave it alone. Grape, feeling bad about what she did, gets the comics back from Joey, and hides them. Peanut forgives Grape and pushes the pain he feels deep within himself. Grape was waiting for this to happen. She waits for Valentine's Day and gives Peanut the comics back as a gift, along with a beautiful letter she wrote apologizing for what she did. She also promises to grant one request, no questions asked, from Peanut. His request is a date, and she accepts. And so the fanfic begins.
I will read that fic
that is such a great setup
please make it
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

After getting angry with Peanut for injuring her pride, Grape takes all of his spot comics and sells them to Joey. She then tells Peanut that she sold his comics to Bino, who will show them to the entire GODC. Peanut goes to Bino's to beg for his comics back, but is intercepted by Tarot, who tells Peanut to leave it alone. Grape, feeling bad about what she did, gets the comics back from Joey, and hides them. Peanut forgives Grape and pushes the pain he feels deep within himself. Grape was waiting for this to happen. She waits for Valentine's Day and gives Peanut the comics back as a gift, along with a beautiful letter she wrote apologizing for what she did. She also promises to grant one request, no questions asked, from Peanut. His request is a date, and she accepts. And so the fanfic begins.
O_o
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Fox has an active dislike for interspecies couples... like, moreso than most of the other characters in the setting.

This is canon.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:Fox has an active dislike for interspecies couples... like, moreso than most of the other characters in the setting.

This is canon.
Alternatively, Rex is actually the one who introduced Joey to Squeak.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

no, I meant this is canon
ImageImage
ImageImage
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Will anyone offer to right the fic?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:no, I meant this is canon
I wasn't trying to imply otherwise
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sinder wrote:Fox has an active dislike for interspecies couples... like, moreso than most of the other characters in the setting.

This is canon.
total felinophile
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Ebly wrote:

This is canon.
total felinophile
This
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

mariomarc wrote:

I will read that fic
that is such a great setup
please make it
I lack the talent to write a fanfic. If anyone else wants to, they are more than welcome to any ideas that they might glean from me or my posts. The most I could ever be is an idea man.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

"And so the fanfic begins?" Wouldn't this be how the fanfic ends? There's enough idea-material here for a decent sized one-off. Also...I may try writing this one...maybe. I am a bit busy with a couple of current fan-fic projects. You know what?...I'll give it a shot. Expect a chapter this weekend.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oh come on, lightwolf. A fanfic about the date would be far more interesting (and popular) than a fanfic involving what I posted. There are just too many good and insane things that could happen. I have a mental implosion just thinking about all of the possible threads that the night could follow. I am, of course, using hyperbole, but I have a feeling that everyone knows that already.
My characters
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

For a second there when I read today's comic, I thought the tour was going to just casually drop in something from this thread in the history of the neighborhood.

This did not happen.
Image Image
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

copper wrote:Oh come on, lightwolf. A fanfic about the date would be far more interesting (and popular) than a fanfic involving what I posted. There are just too many good and insane things that could happen. I have a mental implosion just thinking about all of the possible threads that the night could follow. I am, of course, using hyperbole, but I have a feeling that everyone knows that already.
Well, you could try writing it...but I'd rather write the part you gave the ideas for first...there would need to be a story for setting up the date arc...I guess I could try doing this. Wish me luck. XD
Last edited by lightwolf21 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

CaptainPea wrote:For a second there when I read today's comic, I thought the tour was going to just casually drop in something from this thread in the history of the neighborhood.

This did not happen.
Of course. No one knows the real history of Babylon gardens. The underground tunnels, stockpiles of supplies and ammunition, the paramilitary outfit that was given to every housepet for a "special" occasion, The mind-control chips hidden in their kibble. No; no one will ever know what that senile old fool was thinking, now that he's gone. I just hope those Milton ferrets don't find the "trigger". If they do, all is lost...
My characters
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

copper wrote: Of course. No one knows the real history of Babylon gardens. The underground tunnels, stockpiles of supplies and ammunition, the paramilitary outfit that was given to every housepet for a "special" occasion, The mind-control chips hidden in their kibble. No; no one will ever know what that senile old fool was thinking, now that he's gone. I just hope those Milton ferrets don't find the "trigger".
Spoiler Alert: The trigger is when Grapenut shippers win. At that moment, Daisy will be released from her trance-state, and lead the neighborhood army on a march against the force of blackness hidden deep beneath Topeka.
copper wrote: If they do, all is lost...
oooooeaueeeeoaweauieoaoooooooo
Image Image
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

CaptainPea wrote:
copper wrote: Of course. No one knows the real history of Babylon gardens. The underground tunnels, stockpiles of supplies and ammunition, the paramilitary outfit that was given to every housepet for a "special" occasion, The mind-control chips hidden in their kibble. No; no one will ever know what that senile old fool was thinking, now that he's gone. I just hope those Milton ferrets don't find the "trigger".
Spoiler Alert: The trigger is when Grapenut shippers win. At that moment, Daisy will be released from her trance-state, and lead the neighborhood army on a march against the force of blackness hidden deep beneath Topeka.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

joey- likes cats *cough*andmice*coughcough*
fido- likes cats
bino- avidly against cat lovers.

but really, bino is a secret cat lover, because it runs in his family, and he's in denial.

but wait! if it runs in their family, and peanut is also a cat lover, does that mean...?

yes, yes it does.

peanut and bino and fido and joey are all realated!!!! :o
BUHBUHBUHHHHHHH!!!!
bwah bwah
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Psykeout wrote:joey- likes cats *cough*andmice*coughcough*
fido- likes cats

but really, bino is a secret cat lover, because it runs in his family, and he's in denial.

but wait! if it runs in their family, and peanut is also a cat lover, does that mean...?

yes, yes it does.

BUHBUHBUHHHHHHH!!!!
Grape is also a cat lover, meaning that Peanut and Grape are related.

Wait.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Teh Brawler wrote:
fido- likes cats

yes, yes it does.

BUHBUHBUHHHHHHH!!!!

Wait.
it only applies to dogs.
bwah bwah
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Psykeout wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
fido- likes cats

yes, yes it does.

BUHBUHBUHHHHHHH!!!!

Wait.
it only applies to dogs.
Grape and Sabrina are related because they like dogs.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Tha Housedog wrote:
Psykeout wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:Grape is also a cat lover, meaning that Peanut and Grape are related.

Wait.
it only applies to dogs.
Grape and Sabrina are related because they like dogs.
its true.
bwah bwah
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

It is Valentines Day. Peanut is walking by Joey's doghouse with his arms full of Valentines from his many admirers when he sees squeak consoling a very dejected Joey. Peanut, being the caring individual he is, asks Joey what is wrong. Joey doesn't even look up and acknowledge Peanut, so Squeak answers for him. She says that Joey Not only didn't get a single Valentine, but he got laughed at for trying to give his away. Peanut is shocked. He didn't think any pet in Babylon Gardens could be so cruel. That is, until he hears that Bino was the one who taunted Joey. Squeak tells Peanut that she wants his help to get back at Bino for being so cruel, and tells him to recruit a few other pets to help.
My characters
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sabrina is playing the game along with Pete, Spirit Dragon and Great Kitsune.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:It is Valentines Day. Peanut is walking by Joey's doghouse with his arms full of Valentines from his many admirers when he sees squeak consoling a very dejected Joey. Peanut, being the caring individual he is, asks Joey what is wrong. Joey doesn't even look up and acknowledge Peanut, so Squeak answers for him. She says that Joey Not only didn't get a single Valentine, but he got laughed at for trying to give his away. Peanut is shocked. He didn't think any pet in Babylon Gardens could be so cruel. That is, until he hears that Bino was the one who taunted Joey. Squeak tells Peanut that she wants his help to get back at Bino for being so cruel, and tells him to recruit a few other pets to help.
Is it okay if I write a fanfic from that? It gives me pretty good-sized idea.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote:
copper wrote:It is Valentines Day. Peanut is walking by Joey's doghouse with his arms full of Valentines from his many admirers when he sees squeak consoling a very dejected Joey. Peanut, being the caring individual he is, asks Joey what is wrong. Joey doesn't even look up and acknowledge Peanut, so Squeak answers for him. She says that Joey Not only didn't get a single Valentine, but he got laughed at for trying to give his away. Peanut is shocked. He didn't think any pet in Babylon Gardens could be so cruel. That is, until he hears that Bino was the one who taunted Joey. Squeak tells Peanut that she wants his help to get back at Bino for being so cruel, and tells him to recruit a few other pets to help.
Is it okay if I write a fanfic from that? It gives me pretty good-sized idea.
Go right ahead. If you want to write a fanfic on anything that I post, then more power to you. I suck at writing, so you'll get no trouble from me.
My characters
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

This should be called Housepets! Abridged. xD.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Barkeron wrote:This should be called Housepets! Abridged. xD.
:| I don't get it.
My characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:
"Abridged" series are usually small fan-based parodies that poke fun at their namesakes by calling attention to inconsistencies and other laughable concepts within the series that is parodied.
Last edited by Blue Braixen on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

copper wrote:

Actually it was my attempt in saying that this thread reminds me of fan-based parody.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tha Housedog wrote:
copper wrote:
"Abridged" series are usually small episodes that parody something else by calling attention to inconsistencies and other laughable concepts.
Ohhhh, okay. Thanks for the clarification.

In the end, King will decide to remain as a dog. At the end of the cosmic game, the Great Kitsune will give king a choice, either return to being human,which is what he has wanted, or remain a dog and enjoy the life that he has created. Oh, and fox is there. Yeah, he was sucked into the same portal as king. Fox learns that not only was King human, but that he was the human that kidnapped him and escaped from prison. Fox forgives king in spite of this. When king and Fox are sent back, everything returns to what it was like before the Great Cataclysm that ended the Cosmic Game and everyone except king, who was a third party player, has forgotten everything that happened, including Fox. King is happy because even though Fox has forgotten King's real identity and everything that happened, he knows that Fox forgave him. That is all that King needs to know. He and Fox remain good friends, and king settles down, becoming a valued member of the community of Babylon Gardens.
My characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Here's a crazy mass guess thing I had while falling asleep in front of my computer at something like 1:00 AM.

Housepets! is the greatest furry webcomic Christian allegory of all time. The pets represent everyday people, with characters like Peanut and Grape representing the right way to live with God, i.e. "Mom and Dad Sandwich." People like Pete or the Milton ferrets are those who want to disrupt this natural, family-like relationship, either by misleading the pets/people in who to love/follow or by making them believe they're the equals of their "parents." Sasha and her owner represent the problems that arise when a leader in the faith, like a priest or the church in general, abuses the power they have on the individual. Tarot is a prophet, foretelling the ruin to come if the characters ignore the danger of Pete.

And King, who was once a human but became a pet, is the Messiah figure. King=King of Kings, eh?
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

naylorfan90 wrote:Here's a crazy mass guess thing I had while falling asleep in front of my computer at something like 1:00 AM.

Housepets! is the greatest furry webcomic Christian allegory of all time. The pets represent everyday people, with characters like Peanut and Grape representing the right way to live with God, i.e. "Mom and Dad Sandwich." People like Pete or the Milton ferrets are those who want to disrupt this natural, family-like relationship, either by misleading the pets/people in who to love/follow or by making them believe they're the equals of their "parents." Sasha and her owner represent the problems that arise when a leader in the faith, like a priest or the church in general, abuses the power they have on the individual. Tarot is a prophet, foretelling the ruin to come if the characters ignore the danger of Pete.

And King, who was once a human but became a pet, is the Messiah figure. King=King of Kings, eh?

How about no? :roll:

---------------------------------------------

IMO King won't turn back human, even if he had the chance to
"In nomine Libertatis vincula aedificamus; in nomine Veritatis mendacia efferimus." -Michele Salvemini aka CapaRezza
"Let there be light! That was, uhm... God. I was quoting God."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Andrea wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Here's a crazy mass guess thing I had while falling asleep in front of my computer at something like 1:00 AM.

How about no? :roll:

---------------------------------------------

IMO King won't turn back human, even if he had the chance to

Hey, I warned that it came from a sleep-deprived mind. :P But anywho, I figure King won't turn back human as well. Not really sure why, just a feeling. Well, that and he actually has friends as a Dog.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

There is an infinite suspension of disbelief in this thread, attempting to make sense of or point out logical fallacies in an Epileptic Tree* is no fun!

So, I was thinking, what if Rock is going to use Sasha's commercial as a brainwashing device against Peanut as revenge for the time that he robbed the ferrets? Peanut, of course, robbed the ferrets because Grape needed money to pay back Fox because she had borrowed his money to buy a live giraffe! She is, of course, hiding the giraffe in the attic of the elderly couple across the street, but sometimes squirrels get up there, so the giraffe swings her neck, catapulting the squirrels out of the attic and across the street.

*Trope namer? LLLLLAWST!
Image Image
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

lets leave religion out of this, :P
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

This reminds me of the time that king had to teach Bino how to dance. Yeah, he was expected to lead the GODC in their first-ever formal dance ( Fido's idea, of course). He didn't want to embarrass himself, but he didn't know who to turn to for help. He knew that his "buddies", with the exception of Fox, would laugh at him, and just about every other dog in the neighborhood hated him.He couldn't allow a cat to hold such a big secret over him either,so in desperation, he tried to teach himself.

One night, while king was on a walk in the woods trying to clear his head before he went to bed, he suddenly heard a quiet curse from a nearby clearing. Curious, King went to investigate, and saw Bino in the middle of the clearing, clutching a large plush dog and awkwardly moving around. King was shocked, but the scene was just too funny for him to stifle a laugh. Bino stopped in the middle of the clearing, with a look of utter horror on his face. King came out of the bushes, still laughing, and asked Bino just what he was trying to do. Bino got defensive, and accidentally told the truth to king about his little shortcoming, and his nervousness about the dance.

King stopped laughing at that, debating whether to help Bino or not. He knew who Bino would take to the dance, and knew that she would become available if Bino backed out, which he would likely do if no one taught him. His conscience got the best of him when he saw the look on that megalomaniacs face. King just sighed, and grabbed Bino's hands. Bino tried to back away at first, but King started to give Bino instructions, and Bino realized what was happening. Looking away, Bino managed to grunt a "thanks" under his breath. King smiled knowing that Bino had done something he never thought that that little napoleonic mutt could do; he showed gratitude.

Of course the formal went off without a hitch, and Bino was the toast of the dance. As he went by the table that king and Fox were sitting, Fox commented that he didn't know Bino could dance so well. King just smiled a curious smile, and agreed that he was indeed a good dancer.
My characters
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Kyderra wrote:lets leave religion out of this, :P

:cry: Bu-but...okay! :D But anyways, let's get back to talking about Max's origins as a blue-furred conqueror from Mars. He crashlanded here in ancient Egyptian times and was heralded as a servant of the gods, hence the high importance placed on cats in that culture. While there he and the high priestess cat fell in love, until he broke her heart. At that point the two battled epically until both fell, Max with a bite mark and his fur cursed an ashen black, the high priestess with much of her power spent. Through the centuries the two have often interacted, both bitter and sad over what they had lost.

:ugeek: