Story behind my fursona

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

TheBlackParrot

Story behind my fursona

Post by TheBlackParrot »

I was bored during computer class, and typed this up. It made sense to most of my friends:

He was running, running away from the area where he had heard voices he couldn’t understand. He never heard these kinds of voices before. Some were deep, low voices; others were higher, calmer voices. He thought about turning around to see what these “things” were doing. But he knew, he knew that saying: “curiosity killed the cat.” He always followed this saying, and it always seemed to be better to do so. So he kept running. He didn’t know where he was going to run to, he just wanted to leave the forest, away from the terror he couldn’t understand. As he was running, he heard a howl in the distance, a deathly kind of howl, as if someone had been shot in the chest. He looked back, and saw a green glow coming from where he had heard the howl. He ran the opposite direction, but this time faster than he had ever been able to do so.
He began to tire, and decided he needed a rest. He found a tree, a big tree, and lay beside it. He fell asleep, and dreamed a wonderful dream, trying to get rid of all the chaos and mayhem in the opposite direction. He woke up to the sounds of rustling leaves, very close to him. He looked up, to the left, to the right. He looked in all directions he could, and saw nothing. He decided to run in a different direction. In a panic, he howled into the dark night sky. He was young, so it was a higher pitched howl. There was no reply. Once again, he ran, not caring where he was running to. Little did he know, the “things” were still chasing him. He ran into an open field. The grass was really, really high; he ducked down and stealthily walked across the open field of grass.
He was still running, it had been about three hours since he started. He decided that they weren’t chasing him anymore and took a quick nap. He woke up to lights, blinding him in his face. They were as bright as the sun in the middle of the afternoon. He saw one of the “things”; it looked like something his father had described to him. Two legs, two arms, hair on the top of their head, yes, it had to be one. The arms of the “thing” reached out, and picked him up by the top of his neck, like a tiger would do with her cubs. The thing muttered something he couldn’t understand. Inside, he felt as if he were about to die in fear. The thing had something in his hand, and something green was inside of it. He blacked out, not knowing what was happening.

I do plan on adding more to it, it's not really that done yet. :)

I also had a few friends say that this might be a HUGE government metaphor involving scientific experiments.
sonic id furreh!!!

Re: Story behind my fursona

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

I enjoyed that :D
but in the great words of whoeveh said this "stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed" ;P
but still great little story... thing XD keep goin' ;)
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

i know, beagles siggy=awesome!

but yeah i enjoyed that doohickey there.
bwah bwah
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

Part 2 of like, many parts is almost done. I'll finish it up in school today, hopefully.
If not, I'll just finish it once I get home.

I was up all night thinking about how the story would progress. My thoughts got pretty interesting with what he interacts with, how he learns to talk, etc., etc.
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

k, here's part 2.

He woke up imprisoned inside a cage. It was cold, and uncomfortable. He could hear the sounds of a motor running; it smelled musty. He yawned, and tried to stretch the best he could. Outside his cage, he saw a window; he looked out beyond hunks of fast-moving metal. They were different colors, shapes, sizes, and they each sounded different. He thought for a second, and realized that he was inside one. He ran around in his cage in a panic, and told himself that it was better to just stay calm.
“Why does it have to be me?” he thought to himself, “I just want to be outside, living a normal life.”
He thought more as the sounds of the moving metal were changing pitch. He wanted out. He began to think of plans of how to get out of this cage, and realized they wouldn't work. If he were to jump, he would be out of the metal, but the other hunks of metal would run over him, killing him instantly. He sighed, and fell asleep fearing for his life.

He woke up to the sounds of what sounded like explosions, short explosions. He overheard more of these “things”, and was somehow able to understand one or two words from hearing conversations on the other side of the area he was in, but he couldn't really make out what they were talking about. The doors in front of him opened, and he could clearly see two of the things. They were wearing black clothing. One was much shorter than the other, and the other was much taller. One of the things took a piece of rope and tied it around his neck. He tried to run, but it seemed as if the rope was keeping him from doing so. They took him out of the hunk of metal, and took him inside a bigger, much bigger, hunk of metal. In the middle of the inside of the metal, there was an opening. When he least expected it, a clear cylinder tube popped out; one of the sides opened. The two things, along with himself went inside it, and went down into a humongous room. Inside the room was a huge sign with a bunch of symbols, what seemed to be some kind of trail someone was running around, and large cages in the middle. Two openings were on the east and west side of the building, seemingly leading off to other rooms. Inside the cages were other wolves. Some were older, some were younger, and some were about as old as he was. They had depressed looks on their faces, as if one of their siblings had just died in front of their eyes. The younger wolves were asleep, twitching their legs as they dreamed. There was one wolf, staring at him with wondering eyes. He looked interested in him; it was creeping him out. The things took him to his cage which had a bowl of food and water, and somewhere to sleep. His bed was lined with cloth and some fluffy looking stuff. He went over to his bowl and took a drink of the treated water.
“You there,” said the wolf that was staring at him five minutes ago. He looked up at the wolf in the other cage.
“Hm? Who might you be?” said the younger wolf.
“I’d like to know who you are first.”
“Nofite. My friends call me Fite, just because it sounds cool to them. I prefer Fite anyways,” the younger wolf said nervously. He didn’t know whether or not to keep talking to the wolf in the cage beside him. But he kept on, considering the fact that this was probably the only other animal that was going to talk to him.
“I’m Karmer. Pleased to meet you on this… abnormal day of yours,” he chuckled. He seemed to have more of a joker-personality than a serious kind of personality.
“Do you know what we’re doing here? And what are these things that tied the rope around my neck?” Fite asked.
“I don’t know what we’re doing here, but I’m thinking it has something to do with a ‘big’ scientific experiment. And the things that did all of this stuff to you are called ‘humans’. They seem to come in many colors, like us.”
“My father had described these things to me when I was younger.” Fite began to tear up. “He described them to me after my mother had never come back from hunting on that cold, eerie day.”
“I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure she’s watching over you every second of your life.” Karmer said, attempting to comfort him.
“Yeah,” Fite said, saddened more than he was. Karmer went to a corner in his cage and laid down, feeling guilty of downing Fite’s day even more. Fite went to his bed and took a nap, dreaming of his mother.
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Interesting story, I will be sure to continue reading your new chapters when you post them. :)
sonic id furreh!!!

ai still like this... and ai'm gonna keep reading ;)
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

Part three.

Fite awoke from his sleep, refreshed and happier to at least know he was still alive. Karmer, however, wasn't anywhere to be found. He wasn't in his cage, nor was he anywhere near it. Outside Karmer's cage was a piece of smooth, dark brown wood, and some colorful pieces of paper were attached to it. If only he could read the symbols on them, he would probably know what was going on. They were similar to the sign he saw when he came down here for the first time. He went to his water bowl, parched. It was only half-full like he left it the night before. He didn't drink all of it; he was trying to conserve water just in case he wouldn't be able to obtain anymore. He went to the door of his cage, and looked out. All he could see was the inner walls of the gigantic metal building he was in, and a door, directly in front of his cage. He began to turn around, as the door opened. Karmer was walking out of the door towards his own cage, followed by the human with a leash. (Fite learned from Karmer that some of these things had actual names, like 'leash', 'door', 'building', etc.) Fite noticed Karmer's eyes. They were more green today than they were yesterday. Karmer could tell Fite was worried about him and himself.
“Fite, it's all right, don't worry. They didn't hurt me,” Karmer lied. He was trying to calm Fite down, while trying to calm himself down, but it seemed as though it wasn't working. He almost thought it was actually making it worse.
“Are you sure about that?” Fite replied, noticing Karmer's front-left paw. There was a dark circle around his joint; a dim green glow surrounded it. Karmer was also panting hysterically.
“Not really, no,” Karmer sighed, trying to turn his lie into a joke.
The human Karmer was with gently and cautiously put him back into his cage, and he instantaneously fell asleep upon hitting the floor of his cage. Fite tried to get his attention by yelling out his name a few times, but there was no response. He began to worry about his new friend, and what these humans were doing to him. He laid down in his bed, and just stared at the door. He would not take his eyes off that door. A human passed by his cage, stopped and turned around to face him. He looked sorry for Fite. They stared at each other for a moment, and the human walked away to a desk on the other side of the room. He grabbed another piece of wood, and attached papers very similar to the ones Karmer had on the front of his cage. He went back to Fite's cage, and cautiously opened the gate. He grabbed the leash he had in his hand and tied it around Fite's neck. Fite's eyes widened with fear as he realized he was heading to the door Karmer came out of. He yelled for Karmer to help, but he was still fast asleep.
The human opened the door, and urged Fite to go in. Fite began tugging on the leash, but the human had the upper hand, and pulled Fite into a small, eerie room. The human put Fite in a cage for a few minutes while giving him some water and food. The human was getting a much larger bed ready outside his cage. Once Fite finished, the human took him out of his cage and set him down on the large bed. The human then grabbed a mask, and put it over Fite's face. It smelled funny to Fite, and the stronger it got, the more drowsy he felt. After a few seconds, Fite began to unwillingly close his eyes.
“Kar-,” he began, but he couldn't finish. The smells were too intense, and he fell into a very deep sleep. He dreamed of running around in the forest where he used to live. He dreamed of looking up at the rain clouds with their ominous gray color. He loved storms, especially ones with high winds. But in his dream, he was the only one in it. No other animal was to be found; not even a bird. He noticed that this front-right paw began to tingle, but ignored it after a few seconds. He proceeded to walk around the forest in his dream, and saw a shadow of a wolf. There was no wolf there, it was just a shadow. He walked towards it, and as he got closer, the shadow moved away.
“Maybe this is a sign of something that's going to happen,” he thought to himself, “A shadow of a wolf, that isn't even here, and it moves away as I get closer.” He thought long and hard, and he couldn't figure it out.
“It's probably just something that happens in dreams sometimes, my mind is messing with me.” he thought.
The tingling in his paw had stopped, and the dream was slowly fading away. He looked up at the storm clouds one last time as they too faded away. He closed his eyes, and opened them back up finding himself on that large bed. He was quite dizzy, and had trouble walking back to his cage. His front-right paw was in serious pain; he thought going back to sleep would help. It didn't help Fite too much at all.
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

(Should I start putting these in the OP, or what.)

Part 4.
Fite awoke from his sleep, still a little dizzy. He looked down at the paw that was in pain the day before, and noticed he had a dark circle similar to Karmer's on his joint. It was also glowing green like his. He noticed his water bowl was refilled, and went to get a drink from it. Fite noticed Karmer jolt up from his sleep with widened eyes.
“Don't drink it,” he said. He repeated this another few times.
“Are you okay there Karmer? You seem a little...” Fite stopped to think of the appropriate word, “...off today.”
“Don't drink it!” he yelled. He began to stare Fite in the eyes, endlessly.
“Why? It looks like perfectly clear water to me.”
“Don't. Just don't.”
“They wouldn't want to kill me just 2 days after they caught me. They would probably want to kill you, just because of how you're acting,” Fite said, jokingly.
“I said don't!” Karmer yelled at the top of his lungs. He howled just a bit.
“Calm down Karmer, you're fussing over nothing,” Fite said.
“I will not calm down, nor will I follow your orders.”
Fite stammered back to his cage, confused. Were these experiments messing with Karmer's mind? Would they start to mess with his? His mind was in turmoil with all of these questions, but he did not dare ask Karmer at this particular moment.
“Fine, I won't drink it,” Fite said, reluctantly.
“Haha, you fell for it,” Karmer said. His eyes were no longer widened, and he looked perfectly normal, except for the glow on his front-left paw. Fite ignored it, he had it too, but on his right paw.
“You and your tricks,” Fite chuckled a little bit, embarrassed at the situation.
“Me and my tricks. Heh, I need to stop doing them to you. I mean, what if I was doing this and wasn't actually joking with you?”
“I'd probably ignore you after the first five, maybe ten minutes,” said Fite after he was gulped down his water. It was all gone.
“You probably would,” Karmer replied in agreement.
Fite and Karmer went back to their beds and laid down. They didn't go to sleep, but rather got into conversations about jokes, random puzzles they gave each other, and the most random things they ever did in their life. Fite noticed a human pass by his and Karmer's cage, leash in hand. He grabbed a clipboard (once again, he learned more terms) and went to Fite's cage. The human opened it, and tied the leash to his new bright blue collar. It took him to the trail he had first seen as he was coming into his cage for the first time. The trail was black, perfectly leveled, and had white lines down the middle of it. It looked like something he would have to run around. The human started running around it, as if it was trying to demonstrate what to do. It then took the leash off of Fite, and said something he couldn't understand. Fite thought for a moment, and realized he had said “Go.” He took off around the track at blazing speeds, liking the fact he was able to run around for a minute. Fite went around it three times, and the human stopped him as he was about to start his fourth. It took him back to his cage while Fite panted his lungs out. He hadn't run for days, and he constantly ran around back home. He almost never walked.
“You run really fast Fite, it amazes me at how much energy you have,” Karmer said as Fite walked to his cage.
“Thanks,” was all he could reply with at that moment.
Fite took a quick nap, and woke up to find Karmer turning around in circles in his cage, growling at everything he looked at.
“Karmer, I know you're trying to joke with me.”
Karmer growled at him.
“Really, I know you are.”
He growled again.
“Okay, Karmer, you're ferocious and all, but I still know you're joking.”
“I was trying to get you to say I was 'ferocious',” Karmer said, jokingly. He sat down in his bed as Fite went to get a drink of water.
sonic id furreh!!!

this is still enjoyable..... ai lub reading other's stories X3
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

CURSE MY MICROSCOPIC ATTENTION SP-
oh, look! a butterfly!
bwah bwah
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

part 5 yay.

Fite awoke the next morning early to prepare for the next experiment to be done on him. He could tell today it would happen; he could see two clipboards with more paper attached to them. They weren't there the night before. Karmer was still asleep, lost in his dreams. Fite began to wonder what it would be like to read people's dreams. Karmer woke up, stretched, and drank a little of his water.
“Good morning Fite,” Karmer said, sleepily.
“Morning Karmer,” Fite replied. He began to worry that he would be the one to go first this morning, since Karmer went first the last time.
“I have a feeling we're going to have more of these experiments done on us today, and I think they'll actually feel worse.” Karmer said.
“I think they're doing the same thing they did the last time, just in the opposite paw instead.” Fite replied.
“Maybe, maybe.”
Karmer turned around towards his bed, and noticed a red ball as he was turning around. It was in front of his cage door, and he was unable to grab or touch it. All he could do with it was look at it. Fite noticed it after Karmer noticed it, and they both wondered why it was there. They began to conversate about how it got there, and concluded that a human might have dropped it on accident. They sat down in their beds, awaiting for a human to take them to that dreaded room. They both hated it. They hated it a lot. One of the humans passed by, and they both tensed up, hoping the other would go first. Another one passed by, and another, and another. Soon enough, one of the humans went to pick up a clipboard, seemingly at random. It turned out to be Karmer going first again.
“Sorry, Karmer. I would take your place, but they grabbed your clipboard.” Fite lied. He noticed Karmer's eyes. They were still turning green at a slow rate each day. Karmer looked back and saw Fite's eyes. His were doing the same, but from silver to a blue similar to his collar.
“You noticed anything different about yourself?” Karmer said.
“No, Have you?” Fite asked.
“No.” Karmer replied. They both were about to mention the eyes of the other, but the human had shut the door on the conversation. Fite looked down for a moment, trying to see if he could see his reflection on the floor. He didn't notice anything different, that is, until he looked closely at his eyes. He stammered to the back of his cage, stunned at what was going on.
“They're changing the way I look? Why would they want to do that?” he thought, “I hope this doesn't progress any further, who knows what I would turn into.”
Fite went back to the front of the cage and stared at the ball again. He began to wonder if he could somehow tell a human to put it in Karmer's cage, as if he had dropped it. Maybe he could stare at it, and then look at Karmer's cage. He decided to try it once Karmer got back.
Karmer came out of the room on a stretcher. Apparently, he hadn't woke up after whatever they did to him. He was just unconscious. His breathing was normal, but his heart was beating extremely fast. Were they messing with their hearts this time? Or was it just anxiety or panic? Fite took a deep breath and let it out, trying to calm down. He completely forgot about the ball. The same human that was with Karmer went over to pick up Fite's clipboard, and to take him to the room. He didn't bother trying to get Karmer up; he looked like he needed some rest.
The human took Fite to the room, and followed the same procedure as the last time. Put the mask on his face, which then knocks him out. He wondered if this was going to happen each time. He dreamed an awkward dream, in an area of nothing but the color black. However, there was instead of a black shadow, a white shadow of a wolf running around. Fite tried to run to it, but it faded away as he got close to it. He tried again once it re-appeared, but the shadow kept fading away. His chest was tingling. He was positive they were messing with his heart this time, which explained Karmer's heart rate. Voices started out of nowhere, whispering in Fite's ears. He was able to pick one voice in particular out of the many; it sounded like his mother. The white wolf shadow had also stopped moving, and was seemingly staring at him.
“Mom?” he said aloud.
There was no reply.
“Is that you, mom?”
Once again, no reply.
The room had began to turn white, and the voices were slowly disappearing. The shadow had already disappeared. Fite sat there in silence staring at nothing but white, lost in his thoughts. His chest had stopped tingling, but he felt a sharp pain throughout his body now.
Fite sighed. “When am I going to wake up? I need to talk to Karmer.”
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

me likey!

i should think about the origin of my own fursona...
bwah bwah
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

Part 6, and I teared up just a little, a very little bit writing it.
Yeah, this part is a little sad.

Karmer awoke from his sleep, dumbfounded. He had dreamed of a beach, his home, the ocean, outer space, and many other places. He couldn't figure out why it had happened, and why he woke up during the middle of the night. He thought that maybe he experienced something in his dream he hadn't experienced in real life, causing his brain to blank out, which woke him up. Death in dreams was always the same way. If he were about to die, or nearly died, he would jolt up from his sleep with teary widened eyes. Karmer almost never had a dream about being killed or dying, and he was happy he didn't.
“Fite,” he whispered, “Fite, please wake up.”
He was out cold.
“Fite, please. I need to talk.” he tried again.
Fite still didn't move a muscle.
“I don't think those experiment side-effects were supposed to stay for that long. It's been about 8 hours since the experiment. Mine only lasted, I think about 3 hours.” Karmer thought.
He sat there and stared at Fite for a few more hours. He still never moved, but his breathing and heart rate were normal. He looked over at the lab door, and saw a light come on. A human came out of the door; Karmer tried to get his attention my clawing his gate door. It worked, and he tried to pull his attention towards Fite. The human noticed, and took action. It was a simple action, all he did was put some kind of really strong scent (Karmer had to cover his nose it was so strong) on his fingertips, and brought them close to Fite's nose. Fite noticed it, and sneezed. The sneeze woke him up, and he was staring at the human. The human scratched Karmer's neck, and walked off.
“You were asleep longer than you should've been. Sorry I woke you up during the middle of the night, I was just worried about you.” Karmer said, with a little bit of joy in his voice.
“It's fine; that dream was boring anyways.” Fite lied, remembering the black room with the white wolf shadow. He wanted to talk about it, but Karmer already started on something.
“I need to talk about something that happened in my dream.” Karmer said.
“Spit it out. My ears are open.” Fite replied. He began to notice the tone of his voice, it was a bit deeper but barely enough to notice.
“I was teleported to many, many different places. I couldn't tell where I was in many of the places, and I began to fear I would be teleported to the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that was when I began to fear death, and jolted up from my sleep. Do you think that maybe that was a sign? Do you think one of us is going to, well, die, soon?” Karmer said, a little frightened.
“I hope not, but I would take that dream as a sign, and not just any random dream,” Fite replied, “I need to talk to you about something too.”
“Go ahead.” Karmer replied.
“Well, I saw a white shadow of a wolf. There were no other wolves in the area I was in. I stared at it for a few minutes, and I tried to get closer. Then these voices start one one of them sounded like my mother's voice. I tried to yell out for her, asking if it was her I was looking at, and hearing. But as soon as I did, everything began to fade away to whiteness. I remembered you said 'I'm sure she's watching over you all the time.', and I think what you said is in fact true.”
“But this is a good thing.” Karmer said.
“I don't even know if that was my mother though, Karmer. What if it isn't?”
“Ignore it then?”
“But what if it is!” Fite's emotions were all over the place. He was clearly confused, and desperately wanted an answer to his problem.
“Calm down, Fite. Please. I'm only just trying to help.”
Fite sighed a few times, trying to calm down. His eyes began to tear up, and he went to his bed. He began to cry; his emotions had gotten the best of him. It was still nighttime outside, and the sun wasn't supposed to come up for another hour or two. Karmer continued to stay awake, but he looked down at the ground and began to tear up. He fought it off, but he hated making people cry like this over stuff similar to Fite's situation. It made him feel terrible inside.
“Fite, I'm sorry.” he said, his voice cracking a bit.
“Karmer, it's okay, you didn't mean to. And I'm sorry I yelled at you like that.” Fite replied, still crying just a bit.
“It's fine, you couldn't help it. You were confused, and your emotions were a mess. All you could do was yell.” Karmer said.
Both of them went back to sleep, saddened at what had just happened. As Karmer went to sleep, he noticed Fite's eyes. They were clearly more blue than they were silver now. Fite looked up and noticed Karmer's eyes. They hadn't changed since the last experiment.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

awesome! i didnt know what to write for nanowrimo, because the idea i had was bad, and you inspired me! good job.
bwah bwah
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

Part 7.
Also looking for someone wanting to do a cover illustration. c:

Fite was running around the track as Karmer watched him closely. He noticed that he was starting to slow down. He wasn't running as fast as he was the last time, and that was making Karmer wonder.
“Maybe he's just maturing? Maybe this experiment is doing something to our energy? Maybe it's messing with our bones?” He kept thinking. He was giving himself a headache because of how much he thought.
“Come on Fite, go faster!” he howled.
“I... don't... think... I... can!” Fite howled back. He was clearly tiring out.
Fite finished his fifth lap; they were adding on more laps each day. Yesterday was four laps, and the day before was three laps. They never made Karmer run around. He didn't want to do it anyways. Fite re-entered his cage breathing heavily with his tongue out. He wanted to take a nap, but he felt like something was about to happen. He stayed awake, and took a drink of his water. Karmer noticed a noise come from the north side of the building where the entrance was one floor up. A cylinder tube, this time not clear, emerged out of the ceiling.
“Fite, are you seeing this?” Karmer said.
“Yeah, yeah. I wonder what it is or what's inside it.” Fite replied.
“Of course it's not another wolf. Pfft, impossible.” Karmer said, trying to make a joke.
Fite chuckled. He loved it when he made jokes like that. But he wondered if they were actually funny; he was easily amused.
Out of the cylinder tube came a wolf about in the middle of Karmer's and Fite's age. She had a brighter fur patch on her right ear; the rest looked similar to Karmer. She had blue eyes, dark blue eyes, which were Fite's favorite color. Her face showed determination, kindness, and happiness, but it seemed to show fear at the moment. Fite wanted to talk to her to calm her down, but she was taken straight into the room on the west side of the building.
“Are they really going to do that? That would make her experience here a whole lot worse, wouldn't it?” Karmer said.
“Yeah.” was all Fite could say. He was clearly in a trance from watching her. Karmer took his front-left paw and smacked Fite across the face.
“Ow! You didn't have to hit me that hard, you know.” Fite said.
“But it's fun.” Karmer made a big smile that caused Fite to burst out in laughter. All this time, the female wolf was watching them.
“Ah, this ought to be interesting to see. Looks like they have a good friendship.” she thought out loud. She turned around and went into the room with the human she was with. She tensed in fear as she noticed all of the lab equipment. It looked like the veterinarian office she always went to. The fear went away a little bit, seeing as though nothing new would really occur. She was from a zoo.
Fite and Karmer had stopped laughing as a human walked by. Suddenly, his head began to hurt like as if someone shot him in the head. He screamed and howled in pain.
“Fite! What's going on?” Karmer yelled.
“I don't-” he stopped to yell in pain, “-know!”
He yelled more, and the humans began to take notice. They watched him closely, as the pain was slowly moving to other parts of his body. Something was obviously changing inside of him, and he thought it was changing too early. He thought that this should be happening while he is asleep, but that's not what was happening. Finally, one of the humans took him out of his cage and examined him. The human could feel his heart beating really well. It realized that this experiment was also messing with his heart. The human muttered something most likely along the lines of: “It's okay, just calm down.” Fite couldn't calm down, it was getting worse.
Just as suddenly the pain started, it stopped. He blacked out just as it stopped, along with his breathing. He stopped breathing. He was like this for about 15 seconds, and his breathing resumed at a slower rate than before. His heart rate was also a bit slower. Karmer wanted to yell out something, but thought it was better not to. The humans took him back to his cage where he could rest. As soon as they were not in Karmer's line of sight, he asked Fite a question.
“What was that?”
“I really don't know, and I really don't want to talk about it.” Fite replied.
“Let's hope this doesn't happen anym-” He stopped and noticed Fite's eyes.
“What?” Fite asked.
“Your eyes, they're not silver anymore. Like there's no trace of silver anymore.”
Fite noticed his eyes; they were sky blue in color, not silver.
“You think this had something to do with the pain?” Fite asked.
“Yeah, I think your body is changing a lot faster than it sh-” He stopped again.
Fite sighed, “What now?”
“Our claws are... shorter.” Karmer said.
Both wolves looked down at their paws and noticed that their claws were in fact, shorter.
The female wolf came out of the room, blackened out. She was put into a cage beside Fite. He let her rest; he knew she would need it.
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

I entered this story into NaNoWriMo. c:

NaNoWriMo word count: 6,670 of 50,000 (+980)
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/754681

Part 8.

Fite looked over at the cage to his left. Vix was still asleep. Fite wasn’t surprised; she just got here today, and had to do an experiment right as she stepped in the building. He felt bad for her.
“I can’t believe they had to do that right as she got here. It’s like… torture. Really bad torture.” Fite said.
“Yeah. I think they should’ve waited at least a few hours so she could settle in.” Karmer replied.
She started to move around a little bit, as if she were trying to wake up. She opened her eyes to see a metal cage door, much smaller than her old cage in front of her face. She yawned and stretched and looked to her right to see two male wolves beside her.
“You two seem like good friends.” She said.
“Thanks.” Karmer said. Fite stayed silent.
“You seem interesting. And why are you staring at me?” She noticed Fite in a trance. His eyes were locked on hers.
“Huh? Oh, sorry.” Fite blushed. He didn’t know what he was doing or thinking.
“You’re okay, aren’t you? I saw you in terrible pain earlier.” She said.
“I’m fine now, thanks for asking.” Fite said.
“What’s your name?” Karmer asked.
“Vix.” She replied.
“Well, Vix, welcome to the ‘club of wolves locked in cages with humans doing experiments on them’.” Karmer said trying to make a joke.
“That joke really wasn’t that funny.” Vix said. Fite started to laugh at what she said.</span></span>
“You’re easily amused, I see.” She said.
“He is. He really is. He’ll laugh at nearly everything I say. Even the jokes that are complete failures he laughs at.” Karmer admitted. To him, honesty was important.
“If only you knew the wolves I knew. Whew, you’d be the most serious male wolf there.” She said.
Fite let them be with their conversation, and it continued for quite a while. He wasn’t paying attention to the on-going conversation, instead he was thinking of his past. He felt like he would forget something in the future, something important to him. He watched the other wolves run around the track while he thought. They were also slowing down.
“I really think these experiments are doing something to our energy. I can’t run as much as I could back in the forest, and it’s starting to scare me a bit. Running is one of the things I always want to be able to do, and it feels like they're trying to take it away.” He thought. Fite sighed then sniffled a bit.
Suddenly, his sight went completely white. He could feel himself falling. He hit the floor of his cage with his back. He couldn’t move nor could he speak. He couldn’t do anything really, like as if he was frozen in ice. Vix and Karmer were yelling out “Fite!” over and over again, trying to wake him up. There were no humans there at that moment; all of the other wolves were already put back into their cage.
“Fite.” A voice called out, drowning out the voices of his two friends.
“Fite.” It called again. It was getting louder.
“Huh? Who’s there? What’re you doing to me?” he asked.
“Stay calm, I’m sure you can figure out who I am.” The voice said. He couldn't hear his friends now, but he knew they were calling out for him, wanting him to wake up.
“I-” he started out, “Wait...”
“Mom?” Fite asked.
“Yes, yes. Don't panic. Don't run to me either. I was told not to make contact, or else you would wake up.” She said.
“Glad you told me that; I was about to run straight to you and hug the life out of you, er, well, not hug the life out of you, rather, hug you really tight.” Fite said, realizing she wasn't alive.
His mom chuckled, “Oh, Fite, you siily wolf. You haven't really changed since we last saw each other, but there's no time to talk about what's happened since then. I need to tell you something important.”
“What is it?”
“It involves your memories of me, your father, your forest friends, pretty much the forest in its entirety really. What's going to happen, is that you're going to forget everything. You just don't know when it will happen. I hate to see you go through this when it happens, but it seems as if we have to be.” She sighed in disbelief.
“Oh... so... I'm going to forget you, and that this ever happened,” Fite said, “No, no, no! It can't happen! How and why would I forget these memories? It's not possible!” he then yelled out, nearly in tears.
“Fite, honey. Please, please calm down. There's no reason to-”
“Yes there is! I'm going to forget you, dad, and my friends!” Fite interrupted, knowing she was going to end the sentence with “get all worked up over this.”
Fite ran towards his mother to end the dream. She said goodbye to Fite, and then let Fite hug her one last time. The real world was fading back into sight, and little did he know, his heart and breathing had stopped. He started breathing again, and Vix was in tears.
“Oh, Fite, you're okay!” She said.
“Fite! What happened?” Karmer asked, worried about Fite.
“I'll tell you later. I need some time to myself.” Fite replied.
Vix and Karmer looked at Fite in confusion as Fite looked out his cage in a trance at the floor. He was in deep thought, trying to remember the time he had back at the forest, as if it would help to not forget them.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Bah! you cant enter this in nanowrimo! its to close to what im doing! because i stoll it from you!
...wait....
ah, in any case, keep writing! i like it!
bwah bwah
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

asdf procrastinating.
I'll get Part 9 done tomorrow.

And I also gave up on nanowrimo.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

blargh.
bwah bwah
TheBlackParrot

Post by TheBlackParrot »

Part 9.
asdf procrastination.

I thought about it, and I'm going to start writing about their lives after the experiments on a website. IT's not quite set up just yet, but I'll let you guys know.

Also looking for anyone wanting to draw for it, if you're interested. I'm only going to write 2 parts each week.

“Fite, please tell us what’s going on. It’s not normal to suddenly faint like that.” Vix said.
“Well of course it isn’t.” Fite replied.
“You don’t have to be such a jerk, Fite. What’s your problem?” Karmer asked.
“I don’t want to talk about it. I’ve said that a billion times now.” Fite replied with a stern voice.
“Fine with me. I don’t want to hear about it now, ‘Mr. Negativity’.” Vix angrily said. She went to her bad and sighed a loud sigh. She was quite angry with Fite.
“Get over your attitude Fite. We never did anything to you.” Karmer said.
“Okay, look. I’m apparently going to forget my early childhood memories, as said by my mother’s spirit. I’m sad, and mad, and-“ he began to tear up.
“You seriously believe this?” Vix asked.
“Yeah. I mean, why would I faint just to hear something fake said by my mom? She wouldn’t do this, and I wouldn’t do this.”
She realized that Fite actually had a point there.
“You don't think it'll happen again, do you?” Karmer asked.
“I hope not. I thought I died.”
The trio all stopped talking as a human approached; it had a leash. It went over to Fite's cage first, and it tied the leash around his collar. He didn't fight the human; there wasn't a point in doing so. Only bad would come out of it.
The human took him into that strange room and put him on the large bed as he got a mask to knock him out again. He smelled the sweet scents while his other senses were fading. Eventually he fell asleep, dreaming of something... rather odd. He could see himself doing things he could have never imagined. He was wearing clothes similar to what the humans were wearing, he could understand what hey were saying, he could talk to them rather fluently, and it looked as if his bone structure isn't wolf any longer. Instead, it was a human bone structure. He could see Karmer and Vix, and another wolf he didn't know beside Karmer. He looked like he could have been a pack leader; all muscular, and serious looking. He seemed to be the kind of person you wouldn't want to mess with. He had a scar across his face, probably because of a huge fight of some sort.
He turned back around to see himself again. He just could not stop staring. His senses were coming back to him, and the what might be the future was fading away. Fite closed his eyes, and opened them as he found himself inside his cage. It went to get Karmer, skipping Vix.
“Good luck.” Fite told Karmer.
“You awoke rather quick this time, didn't you?” Karmer said
“Yep.” Fite said. He began to feel pain in his left arm and paw.
“You all right Fite?” Vix asked as Karmer was taken into the room.
“I'm fine, thanks for asking though.”
“Just a friend looking out for a friend.” She replied.
Fite began to wonder about the dream he had. Would they all really turn into something like that? He couldn't imagine how much time it would take, and how many experiments it would take.
“What're you thinking about, Fite?” Vix asked, calmly.
“The dream I had during the experiment. It was about the future.” He replied.
“Do tell.”
He began explaining everything to Vix, the changes in how they all looked and spoke, and pretty much everything about how exactly they changed, and the wolf he didn't know.
“So... you think we're all going to turn anthropomorphic?” Vix asked.
“Uh... what?” Fite replied.
“Do you know what 'anthropomorphic' means?” Vix asked.
“Well of course I know what a big word like that means!”
Vix chuckled and started explaining what it meant.
“It's pretty much an animal that has human traits. Like how they're bone structure is, their hair, pretty much any trait found in humans inside an animal. Don't ask how I knew, another wolf back from where I came from had told me, trying to show off how intelligent he was.” Vix said.
“Ah, okay.”
They began to conversate about their old lives, and asking questions to one another. They were both very curious, seeing as though they came from completely different places. As it progressed, the questions got much, much deeper. Fite and Vix nearly teared up on one or two.
Karmer had come out of the room being carried by a human. It put him inside his cage while he was still asleep. Fite and Vix decided to leave him be since they both knew he would eventually wake up. The thing was, they had to deal with his snoring until he woke up.
“Please tell me this isn't going to happen each time he falls asleep. I swear...” Vix said.
Fite chuckled a bit, “I wouldn't be surprised. Heh, it might actually get worse.” He said.