Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Keeshah
Game Master

Re: current comic

Post by Keeshah »

a little late, but wont Fido have to arrest Bino for assault, an discharging a firearm in city limits now??

Also would be cool to have Miles at the party, able to come over an pick bino up one handed by the scruff of his neck..
Grrrrrr! What is your problem dog? "sniff" Ewwww! what your not house trained eighter??
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Thoth

Post by Thoth »

Oh, that wouldn't be assault, or even just assault and battery; since the device actually involved explosives, rather than simple pressure or mechanical systems, it's manufacture and use of an explosive device (where it really doesn't matter much what you do with it) and a variety of related charges like reckless endangerment - if Bino and King were human and it wasn't a comic strip.

As it is, dogs are - at best - legally incompetent, and actions against them do not have the same consequences in any case (or Petnaping would be a far more serious offense than the "Time Served" implication of an earlier strip title).

Bino might be at risk of being classified as an aggressive and/or reckless animal though. Given his lack of rights except though his owner, that wouldn't be a fun prospect anyway. Fortunately for Bino, this is a fairly light strip.
But over-analyzing things is half the fun!

Character Dossiers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Thoth wrote:Oh, that wouldn't be assault, or even just assault and battery; since the device actually involved explosives, rather than simple pressure or mechanical systems, it's manufacture and use of an explosive device (where it really doesn't matter much what you do with it) and a variety of related charges like reckless endangerment - if Bino and King were human and it wasn't a comic strip.

As it is, dogs are - at best - legally incompetent, and actions against them do not have the same consequences in any case (or Petnaping would be a far more serious offense than the "Time Served" implication of an earlier strip title).

Bino might be at risk of being classified as an aggressive and/or reckless animal though. Given his lack of rights except though his owner, that wouldn't be a fun prospect anyway. Fortunately for Bino, this is a fairly light strip.

Hmmm Terrorist bomb making! an the men in the black helos come an take Bino away to an undisclosed location, for an undisclosed time, doing undisclosed things.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

I can't wait to see the Christmas strip(s). :)

(What's "Scootch over" means? I didn't find the signification of that nowhere. :| )
arcict

Post by arcict »

Foldo wrote:I can't wait to see the Christmas strip(s). :)

(What's "Scootch over" means? I didn't find the signification of that nowhere. :| )

scootch is something of a slur/slang of the word "scoot" but softer sounding. kinda like how "shush" is softer sounding then "shut up" but effectively they mean the same, just different connotative meaning
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

King wanted to sit on the part of the curb Sasha had warmed-up :P
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Cuz that way it would be less cold.
What a crappy sleepover. :(

EDIT: I posted this in the comment section allready, but I feel I should mention it; I was going to use THIS EXACT SAME IDEA for a fanfic, but eventually tossed the idea. The only difference was that King was replaced with Peanut. You can all hazard a guess as to what else was going on the story *cough*PeanutxGrape*cough*
Last edited by caesalson on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

did anyone else think of spongebob there? You know, "It'll be just like a sleepover! Except we'll be sweaty and covered in grease! Are you ready to rock Squidward!?"

That's probablly my favorite spongebob episode :D
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Foldo

Post by Foldo »

arcict wrote:

scootch is something of a slur/slang of the word "scoot" but softer sounding. kinda like how "shush" is softer sounding then "shut up" but effectively they mean the same, just different connotative meaning
Thanks, but I don't know "Scootch over" means exactly ever.--""

Keeshah=> :lol:
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caesalson wrote:Cuz that way it would be less cold.

King can still take her home to his house, altho he will have to deal with pete if he does.
Thoth

Post by Thoth »

Keeshah wrote:
caesalson wrote:Cuz that way it would be less cold.

King can still take her home to his house, altho he will have to deal with pete if he does.
Presuming Pete ever came back... After all, there's been no trace of his presence since http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/1 ... hearts-go/ - and, in the Housepets universe, I suspect that a lot of people will leave their more trustworthy pets (Fido, Fox, NOT Bino or Tiger hopefully) some cash, a cell phone, and some supplies and leave them to watch the house while they're away.
But over-analyzing things is half the fun!

Character Dossiers
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Keeshah wrote:King can still take her home to his house, altho he will have to deal with pete if he does.
Hadn't thought of that. King taking Sasha home with him, eh?...I predict a mildly suggestive joke coming up...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Last years Xmas strip was a Triple strength strip!

Maybe this year we will get a Quad length strip, which would be needed to tie up all the loose ends an plots going on right now.
Shiro

Post by Shiro »

Hello, I'm relatively new here, though I've already posted some stuff elsewhere on the forums.

I'm not too sure that having Sasha as girlfriend would be good for King/Joel. I mean, her character profile even describes here as a "flavor of the week" sort of girl. Toward Bino, granted, but wouldn't that carry over to another significant male? And we're talking about King here. It'd just be one thing after another for him.

It would keep him a virtual fountain of drama, but yeah....

Not that Sasha means to be hurtful. She just seems pretty oblivious.
[Insert clever quote and/or saying here]
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

ok this comic brings up a question or 2 about nitro. Rick nitroglycerin is dangerous I thought Bino used gunpowder or somthing, a petri dish of that stuff could probaly blow the present apart or who knows? Where did Bino get nitroglycerin? Im guessing theres probaly a store to fuel this comics varios shenanigans But Who would trust Bino with explosives. Where did Sasha smell nitro?
Sketcherofstuff

cooljoe224 wrote:ok this comic brings up a question or 2 about nitro. Rick nitroglycerin is dangerous I thought Bino used gunpowder or somthing, a petri dish of that stuff could probaly blow the present apart or who knows? Where did Bino get nitroglycerin? Im guessing theres probaly a store to fuel this comics varios shenanigans But Who would trust Bino with explosives. Where did Sasha smell nitro?
Ya, seriously! He might as well have laced the pachage with C-4 :lol:
(but then king would have exploded, and i would have relived that FG episode where Brian runs over that dog all over again :shock: )
Here Comes The Fuzz
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

As delightfully cheesy as it may sound, I really do think this is one of the best strips Rick has drawn so far.
Very touching to the heart.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
Sketcherofstuff

yay, i agree! I still have my favorite though... :D
Here Comes The Fuzz
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Shiro wrote:Hello, I'm relatively new here, though I've already posted some stuff elsewhere on the forums.

I'm not too sure that having Sasha as girlfriend would be good for King/Joel. I mean, her character profile even describes here as a "flavor of the week" sort of girl. Toward Bino, granted, but wouldn't that carry over to another significant male? And we're talking about King here. It'd just be one thing after another for him.

It would keep him a virtual fountain of drama, but yeah....

Not that Sasha means to be hurtful. She just seems pretty oblivious.
Yes, but, maybe King might change her by being someone to comfort her about her home troubles, and maybe even help her solve them. Eternally thankful and eyes opened to a deeper level of interaction with other creatures, she falls in love and sunshine rainbows pink unicorns etc.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I dn't think it's a question of 'changing' Sasha. More like helping her into opening herself into a stable relationship. Bino is just a control maniac, he sees the perfect puppet in Sasha, thus causing her to keep her 'flavor of the week' attitude. Fido is a more stable and devoted character, I think she needs that. And now she can find in King someone who actually cares for her. And even if King went back to being Joel, he'd care for her.
I refuse to believe Sasha incarnates a stereotype character without hope of evolution!
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

valerio wrote:I dn't think it's a question of 'changing' Sasha. More like helping her into opening herself into a stable relationship. Bino is just a control maniac, he sees the perfect puppet in Sasha, thus causing her to keep her 'flavor of the week' attitude. Fido is a more stable and devoted character, I think she needs that. And now she can find in King someone who actually cares for her. And even if King went back to being Joel, he'd care for her.
I refuse to believe Sasha incarnates a stereotype character without hope of evolution!
Well, that's really sort of what I meant, but you but in a much clearer way. I too hate cardboard cut-out characters. That's why I like Housepets (by this I mean the main characters, not ones like Squeak, it's pretty hard to characterize someone who has only appeared like TWO times). Even jerks like Bino are still fun to read about because their fleshed out to a reasonable degree.
Alex

Post by Alex »

valerio wrote:I refuse to believe Sasha incarnates a stereotype character without hope of evolution!
No, that's Daisy ;).
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

caesalson

Post by caesalson »

I think everyone is giving Daisy too little credit. She COULD be stupid, but something...I dunno how to describe it...I think she has something figured out that the rest of us don't. How else do you explain her eternally friendly and loving attitude?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Ebly wrote:aw come on man
i know you can do the ratio better than that i mean really
I'd wanted to capture the part of the empty sky and King looking questioningly toward God, but it had the unfortunate side effect of squishing his face

I suppose I shall have to settle for something less poignant
ImageImage
ImageImage
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

You guys know that the avatar only shows up as a square, right?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

caesalson wrote:I think everyone is giving Daisy too little credit. She COULD be stupid, but something...I dunno how to describe it...I think she has something figured out that the rest of us don't. How else do you explain her eternally friendly and loving attitude?
Well other than her name being Daisy, we dont know much about her. Maby its just the other pets have probaly cut her off too much she probaly would say "Hi im Daisy! I like long walks on the beach, choclate ice cream, and I love flowers" or somthing along the lines of that. I
belive this is a setup for thoes quiet guys to talk other that what they usualy say.
Sketcherofstuff

caesalson wrote:I think everyone is giving Daisy too little credit. She COULD be stupid
:lol: Could?
(I'm saying that she probably isn't stupid, but it's funny that you suggested it that way)
Here Comes The Fuzz
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

In what way?
Sketcherofstuff

Oh sorry, I just have a dendency to look for the smallest way in which something mite be funny- really, I didn't mean to offend you or anything :oops:

So, when is daisy gunna get some more dialogue anyway?
Here Comes The Fuzz
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

She don't need no more dialouge; she needs a book deal. Hi, I'm Daisy! by Daisy.

I'd by that book.

EDIT: More dialogue would be nice though.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

W....what is this?
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Once again, Rick holds true to his reference king status.
----
My Devious account...
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

No, really, I don't understand what the joke is.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

You said
caesalson wrote:She don't need no more dialouge; she needs a book deal. Hi, I'm Daisy! by Daisy.
The joke Rick was making was that the guy in that comic would only say "There are many guards in the castle."
Just like Daisy can only say "Hi, I'm Daisy!"
That's the joke.
Last edited by Two_Twig on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
My Devious account...
caesalson

Post by caesalson »

Oh.

Well now I feel really stupid. :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
cooljoe224

Post by cooljoe224 »

I got the joke after I read it twice
Sketcherofstuff

Two_Twig wrote:Once again, Rick holds true to his reference king status.
GRR. Again, that could be ME! If you were to ask ANYONE that i have ever known if i was a reference maniac, they would say yes! (just look at my posts on the vending machine topic)
okay, back to real conversation...
awww... don't feel bad caelence or whatever your name is!
Here Comes The Fuzz
valerio

Post by valerio »

caesalson wrote:I think everyone is giving Daisy too little credit. She COULD be stupid, but something...I dunno how to describe it...I think she has something figured out that the rest of us don't. How else do you explain her eternally friendly and loving attitude?
I used to give Daisy little credit, too... But then she gave a bag of trash to the 'coons, AND she won a big bag of money.
I am somehow in awe of Daisy...
Frooxius

Post by Frooxius »

Why did he said "Scootch Over"? There's plenty of space, so even tens of dogs could sit here, possibly hundreds along whole street, so moving a little when there's not (yet) lack of sitting-place is a illogical waste of system resources. :?
If he said something making more sense, like "cos(φ)=(U1^2-Ur^2-Uz^2)/(2*Ur*Uz)", it would sound much better. :|
hug_overflow.asm wrote: LOOP: HUG #Peanut, #Grape
PUSH ACC
JMP LOOP