Bolt.....

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

CaptainPea
Extremerator

Re: Bolt.....

Post by CaptainPea »

zeroslash wrote:A lot of Disney films have disappointed me. Keep in mind I'm referring to the newer films, not the good ol' classics and neo films (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, ect.). Enchanted looked like it was going to be a great film, but... yeah. Valiant and Chicken Little both felt stale and predictable. The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy was great, but the third film seemed rushed.
Aw, I loved that one. I'll agree though that the past decade of Disney has been in general mediocre.
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Disney was definitely better in the '90s. That's not to say they aren't still good, but that was a very good period for them.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Sleet wrote:Disney was definitely better in the '90s. That's not to say they aren't still good, but that was a very good period for them.
The world would agree.
Of course, animation was better in more areas at the time, too.
Image Image
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

Sleet wrote:Disney was definitely better in the '90s. That's not to say they aren't still good, but that was a very good period for them.
A very good period for them.
Senator_Sunburst wrote:Because Black Cobra was an incredible movie? :P

Because we live in the now, we see all the bad stuff along with the good stuff. Since we're not in the 80's anymore, people who watch "80's movies" only watch the good ones, because nobody remembers the not-so-good ones.
But there seems to be more bad films these days than in earlier years. I understand "to each their own," but film producers these days seem to focus too much on CGI, well-known actors, and sequels. If you look at films like Titantic, the actors in that film weren't really well-known until this film.

What I'm trying to get across is that producers and directors have lost their passion for film making. Hopefully this is just a phase. I don't want to see Star Wars VII.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Star wars vii would be terrible, I agree.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Sleet wrote:I fixed that.

I would say Bolt is definitely a cut above most of what Disney has been making recently.
Teen Wolf is a good movie though!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

p33wii wrote:Star wars vii would be terrible, I agree.
Would not be so bad if they were based on Zahn's "Heir to the Empire" novels.

More on topic, still haven't seen Bolt. You say it's close to old-school Disney in overall quality and awesomeness?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Senator_Sunburst

Depends on how old-school you mean. If you mean Renaissance age, then no, definitely not. If you mean Dark Age, then yeah. So don't think "The Little Mermaid" think maybe "Pete's Dragon." Good, but not incredible. Or for a comparison with something more well known, "Brother Bear" and again, not "The Little Mermaid." Actually maybe a bit better than Brother Bear. I'd say "Treasure Planet" but I happen to think Treasure Planet is very underrated.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah, Bolt isn't an instant classic, but it's still a very solid movie. It's closer to their old-school awesomeness than most of the more recent movies, but it's not a return to the renaissance.
Senator_Sunburst wrote:
Sleet wrote:I fixed that.

I would say Bolt is definitely a cut above most of what Disney has been making recently.
Teen Wolf is a good movie though!
Teen Wolf is... An '80s movie. A lot of what it has going for it is cheesy '80s charm.

Now I almost said Teen Wolf Too, which is pretty much unanimously considered terrible, but no one actually watches that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Senator_Sunburst

I don't think so, I always thought Teen Wolf was a legitimately awesome movie.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It could be that you were born in the '80s whereas I wasn't. There might have been something in the air that causes our reaction to Teen Wolf to be different. X3

I mean I enjoyed Teen Wolf and all, just a lot of that came from the pure '80s-ness of it.

Also Bolt's a pretty good movie you guys!
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

More on topic, still haven't seen Bolt. You say it's close to old-school Disney in overall quality and awesomeness?
Not quite, but then again, they are very good, so it is hard to compare.
Senator_Sunburst wrote:. I'd say "Treasure Planet" but I happen to think Treasure Planet is very underrated.
I agree.
FarmMan1812

Post by FarmMan1812 »

I love Bolt.
He is the bomb.com
He's all like "Superbark" and "Zoom Zoom" and "NOOOO, Styrofoam!!!"

Post by 0404 »

Huhhhh, Bolt thread.

Well as I am a big fan of Bolt,( I belive Mcfly is too) I would love to see Bolt becoming Tv show.

And I think Bolt2 wouldn't be good as Bolt, If it comes out. How would it looks like if it comes out?
It's Not going to be another jurney of 'back to home' for sure.

If I can find a 3D model of Bolt, Mittens And Rhino (I hate him) I would make something out of it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I could see a Bolt TV show work pretty well. Half of it could be the Show Within A Show and the other half would be some random misadventure of the characters when the cameras aren't rolling. The only problem is there is no way to make it work in the continuity. If it takes place before the movie, there would be no justification for the supporting cast making appearances. If it takes place after the movie, Bolt and Penny no longer act for that show. I guess if they wanted to do an alternate timeline thing just to make it work? I bet John Travolta and Miley Cyrus are now cheap enough to do TV voice acting now, if that counts for anything. :lol:

And hey, I like Rhino. :(

Post by 0404 »

Alternative timeline sounds fine. Or it could go with something crazy. all I want is to see thier apperance again.

Sorry Sleet, I don't like Rhino, he just annoys me, except for part where he rescued Bolt from animal control truck.

I know online buddy who has hundreds and hundreds of Bolt References and his fursona is Bolt.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

IT IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!

I don't really understand the whole stealing a character to be your fursona, but whatever.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Sleet wrote:I don't really understand the whole stealing a character to be your fursona, but whatever.
*looks at Sleet's avatars*

>_>
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

But an avatar isn't a fursona though.
Just because I have King drunk on soda as my avatar doesn't mean that he's my fursona. I don't even have a fursona.

But still, taking Bolt as your fursona? I mean, wouldn't you want something that was your own? That you made up?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit

Post by 0404 »

me and him.
drawn by him

Last edited by 0404 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Liam

Post by Liam »

JeffCvt wrote:But an avatar isn't a fursona though.
And what's a fursona?

An avatar of your person with fur.

Besides, not everybody can afford an artist to draw and thus cement your fursona. It beats "Winter-type Renamon" and the likes, too.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
McFly

Post by McFly »

texascat018 wrote:Well as I am a big fan of Bolt,( I belive Mcfly is too)
Yes, I am a Bolt fan.

And I'm gonna have to agree with Sleet about Bolt having a show. An alternate timeline does seem kinda nice.

Though I'm not sure how other Bolt fans would react to it.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

I don't see John Travolta being up for voicing a Bolt series, so I'd probably vote against it. The movie was epic and emotionally perfect, but IMO that creates a bigger argument to leave it there. Just look at the Kung Fu Panda spinoff - without JB, it blows.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I absolutely adored Bolt. :)

It was probably the first animated movie that really challenged The Lion King for the top spot in my "Favorite Animated Movie" list. Megamind ended up coming out of nowhere and blowing both out of the water a couple years later, but still. :p

And I'm gonna have to step in on the side of wanting to simply leave it be. I'm just really not a fan of spin-off series period. They rarely turn out better than mediocre, and a lot of that has to do with voice actors, or a lack thereof. It's not often that the original voices come back, and even if they get decent replacements or a good impersonator it never has the same charm of the original.

Bolt was a great stand-alone film, and I'm perfectly content to keep it that way.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

KJOokami wrote:Bolt was a great stand-alone film, and I'm perfectly content to keep it that way.
If I was gonna agree with anything from the above comment, it'd be that.
Bolt was a cute movie, and whole I'm sure I'd enjoy a show based on it, it would more than likely turn out freaking horrible. There's no reason to drive a good idea into the ground in hopes of turning a small profit.