Bolt.....

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Korilaz

Bolt.....

Post by Korilaz »

soooooo im not gonna lie... i took ma little bro to go see bolt last night....(lets not forget hes only 4yrs old tho) and anyways it was a great movie and john revolta didn't do to bad for the voice acting... but i will say one thing though for the last half of the movie i was expecting at any given moment there to be a Housepets style inter species relation ship joke... i mean omg.... but ne wiaz it was a great movie and i suggest you go see it unless you are like me 17.... and dont have an excuse like having a little bro....

ill give it a 9 outta 10

the 9... i saw it in 3d... and it just wasnt as good because you couldnt see alll of the little details wif every thing.. and some of it was really corny...
yes... ive been gone a while.... yes its cuz of LK....
FerretWithASpork

Re: Bolt.....

Post by FerretWithASpork »

Was the greatest movie of all time and I'm surprised this has no replies.

I would have to disagree with you though, I saw it in standard 2D first, then I went to see it in 3D and I 'saw' a lot more, The details were just as crisp, if not better. The only small degree of non-detail I saw was that some of the textures were a bit low-res, and I saw that probably 2 or 3 times in the entire movie so I'd give it a 10 out of 10. I'd say it's possible the theatre you were in wasn't operating at it's best :P

JD

:ugeek:
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

i work for disney and know bolt personally... he's a goof...
rhino is worse
and Mittens is SOO DARN CUTE!
Is Night So Different From Day?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Hasn't come out in Australia yet.
Hell, they don't even give us any ads yet. :c
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ElQuixote

Post by ElQuixote »

wow, even Poland has it now... its in Polish though.
Raikoo

Post by Raikoo »

I probally won't get to see Bolt untill it's out on dvd or somethign.. Still I am an avid Over the Hedge fan. Saw it 5 tmes while it was in theaters, was the first in my hometown to get it when it was released, and I owned the game for PS2, Gameboy Advanced, and Nintendo DS.
Favorite quote to date: 'Broom to your face!' - Grape Jelly

Image Image Image
FerretWithASpork

I played the demo of the game for xbox 360 today and I must say... it's crap *nods* But we've come to expect this from movie games right?
arcict

Post by arcict »

while I liked it and got into the movie (I had to hold myself from crying when it came to that last "super bark" he does) yet I thought the movie was missing a few things.

WARNING, some of what I am about to say references the movie and may contain spoilers as I don't know how to render text invisible or etc like I kinda can do in some other forums yet.

mittens' backstory, it's kinda short and when finally revealed it gets revealed with a big "WHY?!" attatched to it which never gets resolved.

Rino never really goes through his own "denoument" or "reality sets in" scene which I really think they could have settled into the whole "he's gone but we're going after him" scene he has with mittens.

personally I don't like the idea of them quitting just because of one idiot and an overenthusiactic director, I know the point is supposed to be against "method acting" (kudos for anyone who knows what that is WITHOUT needing to look it up) but that doesn't mean that they have to say "the actors quit and now the show is turning in a different way and it stinks now" it's like everyone loses but the family and the pets. that's... not what I would have done.

instead of GreenEyedMan's last line being "aliens" I'd have it be "they're here" implying that they weren't making a drastic turn so much as they were at least TRYING to tie in the turn to the previous plot and make GEM look like he at least had semi-good intentions even if he was totally evil about achieving them, every good show needs someone who is paving the path to heck despite and even with his/her good intentions, it adds to the mix.

I think there was a LOT of room for more jokes, awkward scenes and most importantly, "natural awsomeness" where the random or otherwise unplanned turns out completely "AWSOME!"

end rant...
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
FerretWithASpork

arcict wrote:
mittens' backstory, it's kinda short and when finally revealed it gets revealed with a big "WHY?!" attatched to it which never gets resolved.

Rino never really goes through his own "denoument" or "reality sets in" scene which I really think they could have settled into the whole "he's gone but we're going after him" scene he has with mittens.

personally I don't like the idea of them quitting just because of one idiot and an overenthusiactic director, I know the point is supposed to be against "method acting" (kudos for anyone who knows what that is WITHOUT needing to look it up) but that doesn't mean that they have to say "the actors quit and now the show is turning in a different way and it stinks now" it's like everyone loses but the family and the pets. that's... not what I would have done.

instead of GreenEyedMan's last line being "aliens" I'd have it be "they're here" implying that they weren't making a drastic turn so much as they were at least TRYING to tie in the turn to the previous plot and make GEM look like he at least had semi-good intentions even if he was totally evil about achieving them, every good show needs someone who is paving the path to heck despite and even with his/her good intentions, it adds to the mix.

I think there was a LOT of room for more jokes, awkward scenes and most importantly, "natural awsomeness" where the random or otherwise unplanned turns out completely "AWSOME!"
I REPLY TO YOUR TINY TEXT WITH MOAR TINY TEXT!!!!

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING

I don't think Mittens' back story needed to be resolved, the whole point of her monologue was that she didn't KNOW why, she couldn't figure out why, and she was beating herself up because she thought she'd done something wrong.

I also don't think Rhino needed a reality check, His point in the movie was to BE that crazy character, and he played it very well. I would have looked at him a lot differently if he were to have come to grips with reality because his naivety is what makes him so interesting.

And that wasn't the director that they quit because of, that was there agent, directors don't book you on the Tonight show XD But that guy wasn't just overenthusiatic, he has no heart, when they had a huge emergency (Penny in the fire) he just started figuring out how they could make it into a good thing. Also the point of them quitting was to show at the end that they all became a family, and that Bolt could just BE a normal dog now, The beginning set it up for that, and the middle solidified it, I very much liked how the ending went, and I'm very much glad they did quit, I was rooting for them to quit when he started talking about putting a pin in it the first time >.>

And the Aliens line was, obviously, a tie-in with the pidgin (I know that's not correct spelling but I luff it) scene, It was more of a running joke than anything else. And besides, TV shows always make crappy epic turns for the worse now and then XD ESPECIALLY when they lose the TWO main characters!

I will agree that slightly more funny would have been nice but the adorable moments made up for it so much :D

Just another opinion
daemonxblaze

Post by daemonxblaze »

I counter your tiny, tiny text with HUMONGO TEXT also mittens is awesome
Is Night So Different From Day?
Tomfox

Post by Tomfox »

I just gotta say I also loved Bolt! I saw it twice :)
Be nice to Ebly... He makes up 15% of the ENTIRE forum!

DA:
http://mrtomfox.deviantart.com/
Webcomic:
http://www.tomfoxcomics.com/
The_Letter_A

Post by The_Letter_A »

I indeed loved this movie the first 10-20 minutes into it.
and I must say, it easily became my favorite movie.
Disney has easily out done themselves on it.
---Time to get Risky---
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

My friend and I watched Bolt 5 times over at least and have spotted at least every plot hole, reference, and identified every background character with their voice.
Needless to say we were horrified when we realised that Penny was voiced by Miley Cyrus. Bleh. I didn't like Penny anyway. My favourite 3 were Bolt, Mittens and... Well... I wish they had added more characters that were likable.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i have never seen Bolt, but my brother did say it was hilarious
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

p33wii wrote:My friend and I watched Bolt 5 times over at least and have spotted at least every plot hole, reference, and identified every background character with their voice.
Needless to say we were horrified when we realised that Penny was voiced by Miley Cyrus. Bleh. I didn't like Penny anyway. My favourite 3 were Bolt, Mittens and... Well... I wish they had added more characters that were likable.
are you kidding me this topic has been dead for more than a year and a half

oh well, i guess you did have something to add, so fair enough
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Aaron told me to watch it since it is his favorite movie, but I still haven't. Sowwy Aaron! D:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bolt is totally awesome a movie and a good videogame!! :D :D :D I'd put it in the same league of Monsters vs Aliens and the first Shrek!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

This is my fav' Disney Pixar film (as Flint said)! I loved both Mitten's and Bolt's characters. That hamster was hilarious, and the story was just great.

Although, I really don't want to see a sequel. This ending was good enough. :D
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I aswell loved this movie!

Oh god it was awesome =^.^=
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sweet jesus if there was ever a necro.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wow what a bump.

But I loved Bolt too. It was really cute and overlooked by people who aren't eight years old. It was really solid in every area, but it just wasn't nearly as exceptional as people have come to expect from big animated movies, so it kind of got ignored. The opening scene was ridiculously cute, by the way. And I have to say Miley Cyrus actually did a pretty good job at voice acting, as much as it hurts to say that.

And I don't think Pixar worked with Bolt.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Oops. Well according to Wikipeadia, Pixar didn't work on Bolt. It was made by Disney Animated Studios. My bad, heh, anything that uses CGI and is Disney tell me Pixar. After all, they made the majority I think.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:Wow what a bump.

But I loved Bolt too. It was really cute and overlooked by people who aren't eight years old. It was really solid in every area, but it just wasn't nearly as exceptional as people have come to expect from big animated movies, so it kind of got ignored. The opening scene was ridiculously cute, by the way. And I have to say Miley Cyrus actually did a pretty good job at voice acting, as much as it hurts to say that.

And I don't think Pixar worked with Bolt.
Unfortunately, yes, yes she did. It was a very cute movie.
Shyanne

Post by Shyanne »

Disney's Bolt is in 3D now? :O lol I loved Bolt, it was very cute. Specially Mittens. I am getting kind sick of all these 3D movies out here now. Meh, haven't been to see a movie in the theatre since The Dark Knight. :P
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

movie's in 3d are basically trying to ride on the back of Avatar's big name,
They try to act like they are the same, but are a cheap knock off Rolex that won't show the correct date and time.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i can't believe that they are doing a dance movie in 3d
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

I love Bolt. It's a good movie, and very creative. While it is a bit silly at times it also manages to be very touching. Mittens and Bolt are very touching, and the lawyer is also hilarious because you all want to hit him for being an idiot.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Wolf wrote:I love Bolt. It's a good movie, and very creative. While it is a bit silly at times it also manages to be very touching. Mittens and Bolt are very touching, and the lawyer is also hilarious because you all want to hit him for being an idiot.
You mean the agent?

Well that one scene at the end was very necessary if you ask me. ^.^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Sleet wrote:
Wolf wrote:I love Bolt. It's a good movie, and very creative. While it is a bit silly at times it also manages to be very touching. Mittens and Bolt are very touching, and the lawyer is also hilarious because you all want to hit him for being an idiot.
You mean the agent?

Well that one scene at the end was very necessary if you ask me. ^.^
He's evil, that means he's a lawyer. Even if he is a agent he's still evil enough to be a lawyer.
Frankenstein Shelley
S-7; P- 8; E- 6; C- 4; I- 7; A- 5; L- 5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:are you kidding me this topic has been dead for more than a year and a half

oh well, i guess you did have something to add, so fair enough
EBLY I LOVE YOU SO FREAKING MUCH
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

well, now you guys have seen some of the people I used to know

note that back then 100 posts was like what 2000 is now
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

As well as some people I saw and never really got to interact with. Basically many of these people started the forums, but unfortunately didn't stick around, save for a few people.

I never saw Bolt... I usually don't watch too many movies these days.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Buckdida wrote:As well as some people I saw and never really got to interact with. Basically many of these people started the forums, but unfortunately didn't stick around, save for a few people.

I never saw Bolt... I usually don't watch too many movies these days.
Your comment makes me want to hug you so, *hug*.
Also I have the DVD and I highly recommened the movie itslef, if you don't want to see big explosions (though there are a few) and instead want a heartwarming tale then its worth the watch.
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

Kyderra wrote:movie's in 3d are basically trying to ride on the back of Avatar's big name.
My friend Mac and I were joking about how for Toy story 3 they said it was 3d and 2d in selected cinemas. Isn't it the other way round?
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

I haven't seen it yet, mainly due to my fears of it being a terrible film and a waste of my time (considering every other Disney film).

And no, Pixar films don't count as Disney films. They're better than that. :3
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Every other Disney film?! I would assure you that Bolt is good, but if you don't like Disney...
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Every other Disney film? What?
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

A lot of Disney films have disappointed me. Keep in mind I'm referring to the newer films, not the good ol' classics and neo films (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, ect.). Enchanted looked like it was going to be a great film, but... yeah. Valiant and Chicken Little both felt stale and predictable. The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy was great, but the third film seemed rushed.

I will admit Tron looks amazing, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess since I watch a lot of 80s films I have expectations of films. Movies these days just feel lacking altogether, so it really isn't just Disney. But they are a contributor, in my honest opinion.
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Because Black Cobra was an incredible movie? :P

Because we live in the now, we see all the bad stuff along with the good stuff. Since we're not in the 80's anymore, people who watch "80's movies" only watch the good ones, because nobody remembers the not-so-good ones.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:BSince we're not in the 80's anymore, people who watch "80's movies" only watch the good ones and Teen Wolf, because nobody remembers the not-so-good ones.
I fixed that.

I would say Bolt is definitely a cut above most of what Disney has been making recently.