Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

LucidDarkness

Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Post by LucidDarkness »

---> DAY ONE <---
...........................................Happy, people!? Sheesh!

'Something about this place just seems right... I've only been here for a month or so and I'm already feeling as though this little village is becoming "Home". The locals still seem a bit hesitant about Varialis and I, but I'm sure they'll come around eventually. My jewelry hasn't sold much yet, and to be honest I'm not sure about Varialis'... It'll take some time. We've been called "ferals" one too many times for my tastes.
I don't know... Something about this place is just so peaceful. So simple... I think I'm going to love it here.'

The words appeared out of the tip of an old ball-point pen onto the yellowed paged of a journal with a elegant font. Holding the pen was a large, greyish-tan colored Maine-Coon sitting contently at the desk in his little gypsy wagon. A wide smile crossed his face as he touched the pen down once more, this time at the right hand side of the paper underneath his entry.

'Lucid' was all he wrote, bringing the writing to an end. Lucid dropped the pen down onto the desk and promptly closed the journal. He took a moment to stretch.

"Well, Lucid, looks like we got the wagon to ourselves."
He spoke, referring to himself in third-person. This wasn't entirely an uncommon occurrence. "Though, I do wonder when Vee will be back..."

Lucid's arms returned to the desk, his eyes looking blankly at the knickknacks scattered across it.
Last edited by LucidDarkness on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leopold O'Malley - Yorkshire Feilds
Str 6 | Per 2 | End 6 | Cha 5 | Int 9 | Agl 7 | Luk 8

Louis "Lucid" O'Malley - VerdeGrove
Str 8 | Per 5 | End 7 | Cha 5 | Int 4 | Agl 8 | Luk 5
Hypergenesis

Re: Pet Friendly: VerdeGrove

Post by Hypergenesis »

A big bright orange cat wearing an artist's smock quietly walked to the town's gate. In one hand it held a partially stretched cloth that clued the existence of a satisfactory large item having been delivered to the town, while on the other it had a small pouch that tinkled softly with every step of the feline. Once an interstate was visible, the cat took a sharp left into a path between the sea of trees that lined the smaller road, continuing on until he reached a clearing with large lake within the forest. He took another left, this time towards a brown caravan slightly hidden by the trees at the entrance to the clearing. He knocked slightly at the wooden door quickly inserting a key at the lower side of the door and unlocking it, though accomplishing it so fast it appeared as if someone from the inside had opened it. He then slowly opened the door, stepping to the side slightly as not to obscure its path, then entered it so casually it became obvious it was home.

"Lu, I'm home!", he habitually said as he took all the coins from the pouch and left it at a small table, with all the paper money inside, and placed the cloth inside the drawer below it. "Transforming.", he said as he took an orange cloth from a small vat and started wiping off the orange from his fur revealing a spotted pattern over a yellow coat. He then slipped the cloth back in and opened a window as a strange scent started to fill the caravan. I've got to remember to always open a window. he thought as he turned to the inside and saw a cat on the table"LUCID!?!?!", he yelled out in surprise. "How long have you been there?", he asked realizing he had placed the pouch on Lucid's lap.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Two smalls kittens wandered through the forest, the smaller one carried a blanket like little red riding hood. She held the cloth below her chin to wear it like a hood, while the remaining bit flowed behind her. The larger kitten had a sturdy stick which he used as a walking stick, or if the need arrived, he was prepared to use it to defend themselves. They had been traveling for nearly 2 weeks now, only stopping to sleep or in the rare occasion that they found something to eat. The last time they had eaten was at the previous city, where the people seemed to be very angry towards strays. Only when they had fled down an alley way did they get some peace to eat. Though there meal was just some miner scraps from a turned over garbage can, the bigger kitten of course gave the smaller one the majority of their meager meal.

It had been two days since then and the two were quickly losing the last of their energy, dragging their feet onwards in hope of finding something to eat. "Brother, I'm hungry and thirsty." The small kitten looked up at the larger one.

The larger kitten put his arm around his sister, smiling down at her. "Don't worry, we'll find something soon enough. Then we can eat a whole lot, okay?"
The smaller one smiled back, trusting her big brother.

It was around midday before the stumbled upon a blue berry bush, much to their delight. The quickly sat down next to each other, carefully picking the delicious orbs from the plant and consuming them. After feasting for several minutes, the kittens laid down next to each other and licks their lips, full and content. "I told you we'd find something to eat, and I'd never lie to you." He pulled her to his side and she snuggled against him.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano sat at his fruit stall, holding his head up with his arm as he looked around. He'd been up since 5:00 and its starting to get to him. As he sat there he almost dozed off, in a midway between dreaming and awake.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Walking around in the smaller house was Danté, with his robe and hood on. His cane in his left hand, and his book in his right one, walking like an elderly man even though being quite young himself. Stepping outside of the house, being slightly blinded by the midday sun taking in a deep breath as he started making his way towards the road. Stepping to the side of the road, he made his way to a larger rock by an intersection.

"The good old rock, here every day." He smiled as he climbed up on it and sat down. Looking up at the sky, he smiled. "Going to be a fine day."

He opened his book, flipped through a few pages and started to read.

((Stone he's sitting on is here!))
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

The sun rose through the leafy tree and the light loomed over Flint's face so that he awoke. Flint carefully sat up rubbed his eyes, keeping his hammock from swaying around. He then hopped off of his hammock and clinged to the tree with his claws and climbed down to the surface. It was kinda a slow day for him as he normally tends to fly off of his bed, but he stayed up late searching for acorns to store for darker days. He tries his best to feed himself, though because there are only a few Oaks growing in the forest, he sometimes has to find food elsewhere.... Flint decided that it was best to save the few acorns he had collected yesterday night and went to patrol the woods for newly dropped acorns for breakfast. He had seen a Caravan recently move in to where most of the Oak trees were growing and he has been to nervous to go near it, but he felt ready today. Also a bit hungry. ^^;
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash sat nearly perfectly still, almost in a trance as he focused on the TV screen. He slowly leaned foreword, his face twitching in suspense.
"Kiss her, kiss her....YES!!! HE KISSED HER!!!" he yelled, jumping up from his seat. He threw his paws up and began to moonwalk across the living room, singing, "He kisseddddd her and thereeee going to beeee togeeether foreeeeveeerr!!" Ash didn't stop singing and dancing until he bumped into his dad. He looked at his dad and began to blush. Anthony just gave him a look that said "what's wrong with you?" and sighed. "Ash, it's time to stop watching TV."

Ash stomped his foot in protest. "Dad! This is the best part! Derek just kissed Lucy and I have to know what'll happen now! Plus, Jake was about to perform his comedic act for the talent show, but he doesn't know Darcy was planning to ruin it for him, and Tessa and Tyrone are about to make up from that terrible fight they were in, and apologize to their parents and try to act like a better famil-,"

Anthony cut him off "Could you just do what I tell you? For once, Ash?" he asked in a calm voice. Ash knew where this conversation was going, like the millions they'd had before, but he decided to be stubborn. "I always do what you tell me Dad, but just this once could you let me do what I want?"

Anthony frowned, and Ash knew that there was about to be some yelling. Before his dad could say anything, he grabbed the remote and switched off the TV. "Okay, never mind Dad, I just remembered I have a brand new joke book I can't wait to read." he said quietly. Without another word he brushed past Anthony, and ran to his room.

He tossed himself onto the small chair by his windows, grabbing a joke book as he sat. He flipped through it, too cross to want to read any puns, but after a few minutes he was smiling and laughing out loud, his anger forgotten.
"This book is great! Way better then TV!" he said, chuckling.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

"Dad!"
"What?"
"You woke up early again!"
"No, you just woke up late."

The silver fox, by the name of Brill, climbed out of bed and simply scratched his head. Just getting up felt like too much work. The fox put his collar back on, and walked through the messy room. They may live on the top floor of a jewelry shop, but that was no reason to keep the living quaters tidy. It wasn't that bad, just a few wires and clothes litterd everywhere. It was a wonder how Brill's coat looked so tidy. Still he came downstairs eventaully. The scene is just how you'd expect a store such as this. Glass containers with rings, necklaces and amulets of every kind. All that was differant was a casual looking shop-owner with a plate with a half eaten bacon sandwich.

"There you are. You're sleeping later and later."
"Yeah, yeah, I know."

Brill simply walked past his dad, taking his sandwich on the way...somehow walking outside the shop unnoticed. He simply sat outside the store and began to eat it. He knew the town well, but simply sat and relaxed for now. His owner wouldn't notice him eating the sanwich...at least Brill hoped so.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano placed up the "Closed" sign, humming a catchy tune. Closing on time was for wimps anyway. He grabbed an apple as he walked off, his scarf slightly swaying in the small breeze. He walked into town, looking at the houses and shops as he passed by.
The familiar crunch of the apple broke the slight silence as he bit into it, looking at his reflection in the windows he passed. Up ahead he saw the familiar face of the dark silver fox sitting just outside the Jewelry store. He walked up to him. "Hey Brill, hows it goin'?" Cyrano said in a cheerful tone as he continued to hum the tune and bite into the apple again.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint had arrived near the caravan now, as he made his way near the Oaks, he spotted a large Orange Cat (Varialis) walking toward the him. Flint started to panic and dived behind a tree hoping that he was un-noticed. "I knew this was a bad idea, I knew this was a bad idea." He kept repeating to himself at a low voice. He sat still and silent after that, listening to the Feline walking down the pathway getting nearer and nearer to him. Flint started to shiver hoping that the Cat would not walk up to him. He noticed that the walking had stopped and he looked around himself, he was still alone behind the tree. Next thing he heard was the Cat said 'I'm Home'. Flint took a sigh of relief as he heard the door shut, he never knew who lived here, but he always preferred to stay away because he is so shy and nervous. He got back up with a single thing in mind, to run away, but then he noticed acorns littering the ground around him, sitting underneath a Oak. His stomach growled as he looked at them. "I guess I can risk a few......" He went on gathering the plentiful acorns scattered around the trees near the caravan.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Brill looked up, towards Cyrano, with a smile. He took anoter bite from his sandwich, and jokingly saluted Cyrano. "Good morning!" Brill happily said, honestly unsure of the actual time, and standing up. "I'm just doin' the same ol' same old. Waking up late, and grabbing Dad's lunch. What about you?"
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid laughed, picking up the pouch and dropping it on the desk on top of his journal.
"How could you not see me? Our caravan is about the size of a crayon box!" He teased, standing up and brushing of the front of himself. He tried to peek around Varialis to see what it was that he had brought in with him.

"So what were you doing in town? Getting supplies or art-stuffs?" Lucid asked, peering out of the window. It looked like it was still only about mid-day. He'd gotten a very late start..

The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash was laughing so hard, he cried. "I have to tell some of these to Cyrano!" He exclaimed, clutching the book as he jogged down the stairs. "I'm going out, see you guys later!!" He yelled as she opened the door and took off, before either parent could respond.
Ash read the book as he walked to Cyrano's shop. He didn't look up until he was at the door, and he was smiling. He tilted his head at the "Closed" sign but didn't frown. "Oh, he closed early today. Oh well, I just tell Brill!" Smiling brightly, he set off to Brill's shop.
He was delighted to find Brill and Cyrano at the shop. He jogged up to them. "Guys! Guysguysguys! I have this great new joke book and it's hilarious!" he cried, showing them the book.
Zander

Post by Zander »

44R0NM10 wrote:Brill looked up, towards Cyrano, with a smile. He took anoter bite from his sandwich, and jokingly saluted Cyrano. "Good morning!" Brill happily said, honestly unsure of the actual time, and standing up. "I'm just doin' the same ol' same old. Waking up late, and grabbing Dad's lunch. What about you?"
Cyrano nodded, whistling the tune now. "yeah, same here, well atleast i-" He was cut off as Ash ran up to them. "Anotha' one?" Wha' is that? like your fifth?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As the mid-day sun shone in the sky, Flora had already been out for hours tending to her garden. She carefully pruned, watered, and trimmed every single plant until they were perfect. She smiled as she walked through her gardens, admiring her many many hours of hard work.

After taking a small stroll around her yard, she went back to her house. She went inside, but quickly emerged again carrying an empty wicker-basket. She was also carrying some small scissors. She made her way around the garden and carefully selected flowers to place into her basket. She filled the basket with pink, red, purple and white flowers, as those were her favorite colors. She carried the basket with her as she left her yard and walked into the village.

Flora walked around, handing a flower to everyone that she saw. She was walking until she noticed Ash, Cryano and Brill all inside of Brill's shop. She walked into the store and smiled warmly, "Good morning! Isn't today just a beautiful day?" She asked them as she entered, handing them each a flower.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Oh, I was somewhat lost in thought, mainly on the cold fall weather, that squirrel outside, Activa. . .", Varialis sighed all of a sudden, "Who is that woman. . ?". A short silence came and went, and Varialis made the rare face that a scientists make when their ideas clarify. Varialis took out a small diamond ring and presented it to Lucid, making sure that the light of the afternoon sun reflects the beauty of the gem. "I got it as a bonus for painting a rich man's daughter and I know it will look better once you're through with it.", he then gave Lucid a joyous smile and continued, "But that's all I have other than money."
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid listened, not exactly giving Varialis his full attention until he heard the words "diamond ring" mentioned. Immediately, his ears perked and his tail gave a defined flick. He had turned his eyes fully on the leopard in front of him. He held out both paws, wagging his fingers beckoningly.

"Oooo! Gimmegimmegimmegimmegimme~!" Lucid begged, his eyes as sparkly as the luxurious gem set atop what appeared to be a white-gold band. As soon as the stone was in his paws, Lucid had out his eye-scoop and began to appraise the rock.
"Hmm.. It's a princess cut in rather good condition... There is a slight imperfection near the base and could probably use a good polishing... The clarity leaves something to be desired, though.. Standard weight. White gold, as suspected. Ring size; ehhh.... probably a 7. Over-all good condition." Lucid spoke out-loud to himself. He paused for a quick calculation. "This is probably worth about seven hundred.. Eight-fifty if you can get the right buyer."

Lucid pocketed the ring and his scope, turning his sights back to his travel-companion. A warm smile crossed Lucid's face as he soon launched into a full scale glomp.
"Thaaaaank yoooou, Veeee!" Lucid cried out in a sing-song voice. He rubbed his face onto Varialis' before jumping down and heading to the door. He pushed it open, getting a sudden view of the lake and the light shimmering on the water. In the sun, it was still warm, but he could feel the twinge of autumn in the wind and shadows... This was Lucid's favorite time of year.

"We should do something! Let's go celebrate!" Lucid proposed, turning around and facing Varialis with a youthful zest. Surely, there was something interesting in town.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"I'll get Joy, wait a moment.". Varialis quickly shut the door and a minute later he comes out in his orange cat disguise once more. "So, what do you want to do? I have a few hundreds with me and that pouch on the table has twelve. I guess we can go drinking and feast a bit tonight, maybe try and get you a nice lady friend too.", with Joy smiling with strange intent as he said the last part.

As the smile slowly died, a new one quickly took its place. "Lu. . .", he started, pointing a finger to a spot behind Lucid, "Squirly."
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

"That sounds like a perfect plan!" Lucid laughed. His mind began to wander to all of the wonderful festivities the day could hold. Lucid had already begun to walk in the direction of the road to town when Varialis stopped. He turned and follow the point of the leopard's finger and sure enough saw a squirrel at the edge of the tree line.

"That there is.." Lucid stating, shifting his body to face the woodland creature. "How goes it, Squirrel?" He called out, hoping not to startle the critter as it gathered nuts.

Lucid turned back to Varialis for a moment.
"No eating the locals..." He whispered in reminder just loud enough for the leopard to hear.

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Of course I won't, what do you think I am, a wild animal?", Varialis said with a doubtful sincerity in his voice. Varialis walked closer to Lucid and picked up a little pile of acorns and handed it to the squirrel. "Hello there little guy, my name is Joy. Joy the big cat as I was called back at home." introduced Varialis as he held his paw full of acorns to the orange squirrel.
Neko

Post by Neko »

After resting for awhile to two kittens sat up and stretched, looking at the rest of the berries in the bush. "Abbie, help me finish picking these, I have an idea." The two kittens made quick work of the remaining berries, putting them into a pile on their only belonging, the blanket. After they were done, the older kitten took his stick and tied the blanket up to one end of the stick, just like he had seen on TV once. He stood up and held the stick over his shoulder, mimicking the boy from TV. "There, now we have something for later."

Abbie smiled, "Can we get something to drink now?"

Alex nodded, putting an arm around his sister as they started to walk."Yep, I bet there is a river or something around here."
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FlintTheSquirrel

Flint was engrossed in collecting the acorns, more than he has seen in ages, he wondered why he had not thought of this before as the Caravan's existence slipped through his mind. He didn't even notice as the door flew open or the cat that was standing outside, Flint's mind was in a whole other world. But all this stopped when he heard their voices. He looked to see where the laughing had come from, and when he looked over, he saw the big orange cat pointing directly at him. Flint froze to the spot out of panic and next thing he knew, the orange cat was standing right next to him. Flint fell over because of this, not having heard what the orange cat said as he was zoned out. He dropped all the acorns he had gathered on the ground as he fell, lowered his ears and shrunk into himself. "D-D-Don't hurt me." ;-;
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Brill smiled, standing at Ash's arrival. "Nice! Go on, tell us a joke!" Brill said looking toward's Ash. He was expecting it be dull, but what can you do? Joke-books were sometimes good for a cheap laugh. He took another bite out of his sandwich, finishing it off as well.

As Flora arrived though, he took the flower and simply held it at his waist. "yeah, today's great!" he says, quite cheerfully. Now they had such a group of people, something really cool must happen soon! Besides Ash's joke, of course.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cyrano, excepted the flower, bowing to the lady as she passed by. "Thank you, madam." he said, sniffing the flower before returning his gaze back to the joke.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash took the time to sniff the flower. "It's lovely! Like all the things that come from your garden, Flora." He said brightly. Turning back to Cyrano and Brill, he flipped to a random page in the book. "Oh! I love this one! Okay, okay, ahem "If a athlete get's athlete's foot what does an astronaut get?" He looked at them with an eager smile before going on. "Missile Toe!" he told them, waiting to hear either their groans or chuckles.
Zander

Post by Zander »

The Game wrote:Ash took the time to sniff the flower. "It's lovely! Like all the things that come from your garden, Flora." He said brightly. Turning back to Cyrano and Brill, he flipped to a random page in the book. "Oh! I love this one! Okay, okay, ahem "If a athlete get's athlete's foot what does an astronaut get?" He looked at them with an eager smile before going on. "Missile Toe!" he told them, waiting to hear either their groans or chuckles.
Cyrano kept quiet, keeping a straight face through the whole joke and even the punch-line. He scratched the back of his head. "Uh.. whats a missile(mistle) toe?"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Flint was engrossed in collecting the acorns, more than he has seen in ages, he wondered why he had not thought of this before as the Caravan's existence slipped through his mind. He didn't even notice as the door flew open or the cat that was standing outside, Flint's mind was in a whole other world. But all this stopped when he heard their voices. He looked to see where the laughing had come from, and when he looked over, he saw the big orange cat pointing directly at him. Flint froze to the spot out of panic and next thing he knew, the orange cat was standing right next to him. Flint fell over because of this, not having heard what the orange cat said as he was zoned out. He dropped all the acorns he had gathered on the ground as he fell, lowered his ears and shrunk into himself. "D-D-Don't hurt me." ;-;
Varialis never retreated his hand but instead touched the frightened squirrel with his other, "For what reason will I do that?", he asked in a comforting voice as he tried to coax the squirrel to take his pile of acorns. He then followed up with a smile and a series of light pats to the squirrel's back. "I'm a big cat, that means I have a bigger heart than most others too.", quickly winking at Lucid as though he was saying 'No offense'.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Flora smiled at the others as they took the flowers. She listened intently as Ash told the joke. When Ash got to the punchline, Flora giggled at the joke, "That was funny!" She told him, smiling. She looked to Cryano when he asked his question, "A mistletoe is a type of plant." She told him.
FlintTheSquirrel

Hypergenesis wrote:Varialis never retreated his hand but instead touched the frightened squirrel with his other, "For what reason will I do that?", he asked in a comforting voice as he tried to coax the squirrel to take his pile of acorns. He then followed up with a smile and a series of light pats to the squirrel's back. "I'm a big cat, that means I have a bigger heart than most others too.", quickly winking at Lucid as though he was saying 'No offense'.
"Y-Your not going to hurt me?" Flint said while quivering. He then noticed the acorns that the cat has been holding out in front of him and he looked at it confused. "Is this.....for me?" Flint has not had much interaction with others so he was naive to the situation and gestures. He stood back up and regained his posture. "I-I'm sorry about that, I did not mean to......." He trailed of for a bit and then repeated. "I'm sorry"
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Hahaha, no worries. I know I can be scary sometimes.", Varialis laughed as he patted the squirrel one last time before straightening up himself. "My name's Joy, the cat behind me is Lucid.", said Varialis as he pointed to Lucid with his thumb, "Say hi too Lu.", he told Lucid in an instant head turn.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Lucid laughed at Varialis as he spoke to the squirrel. Something about the slick way the leopard spoke to others always made Lucid laugh. It was one of the reasons he started traveling with him in the first place. He rolled his eyes at the 'big heart' part... It wasn't the first time he'd used that line.

Lucid stood away from the two, smiling and waving a paw when he was introduced.
"Hey, Squirrel!" He said obediently. He could tell that the little critter was rather jumpy, so it would be best for him not to go any closer.. Nothing worse for a prey animal than to be surrounded in predators.

FlintTheSquirrel

Flint shyly and unsurely waved back at Lucid. He really did not feel safe standing there but something inside him kept him from running away. "H-Hello" He said in a low voice. Flint looked down at all the acorns that he had dropped earlier but he did not feel safe to pick them up, he just stayed standing stiff.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Loosen up little buddy, we won't hurt you. It's against our principles to hurt others and we're not going to break that anytime soon.", comforted Varialis as he pulled out a plastic bag from his smock's pouch. He picked up most of the acorns he sees as good and placed them in the bag. "Here you go.", quickly handing the squirrel the bag of acorns. "We're actually headed into town to have some food and fun, care to join us?", Varialis smiled again as he held out his hand in invitation once more.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Brill chuckled lightly at the joke, muttering under his breath: "I still don't get it." He scratched the back of his head. He still smiled, presuming it was a lame joke anyway...but hey. A joke's a joke. May as well show you enjoyed it.

(forgot to mention CT, they're all outside the store)
FlintTheSquirrel

Hypergenesis wrote:"Loosen up little buddy, we won't hurt you. It's against our principles to hurt others and we're not going to break that anytime soon.", comforted Varialis as he pulled out a plastic bag from his smock's pouch. He picked up most of the acorns he sees as good and placed them in the bag. "Here you go.", quickly handing the squirrel the bag of acorns. "We're actually headed into town to have some food and fun, care to join us?", Varialis smiled again as he held out his hand in invitation once more.
"The town? B-But they don't like me there. They always throw things at me." Flint said lowly, leaving out the reason to keep the cats from changing their minds. "I wish they would understand." He said almost weeping.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Do you know any reason they would do that?, Varialis asked with a surprised look. "Did something happen with you and the town before? It could just be a misunderstanding if it's that. The villagers here might be a bit more cautious but they're quite understanding too, especially the pets.", said Varialis, not realizing he had smiled while he said that.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Ash practically beamed; even though Cyrano and Brill didn't get the full joke, he still felt great that he put a smile on their faces. It was a confused smile, but a smile's a smile! "I love that one! But do you want to hear my favorite?"
FlintTheSquirrel

Hypergenesis wrote:"Do you know any reason they would do that?, Varialis asked with a surprised look. "Did something happen with you and the town before? It could just be a misunderstanding if it's that. The villagers here might be a bit more cautious but they're quite understanding too, especially the pets.", said Varialis, not realizing he had smiled while he said that.
"W-well yes, I know why." Flint said, looking down at the ground. "Sorry, if it is ok with you, I'd rather not say. But do you have any rags I can use to conceal myself with? If that is not to much trouble." He said shyly, hoping that the Big Cats don't think of him as being too suspicious.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Well I don't think we have any clean rags. . .", trailing off into thought.

"Lu!", suddenly turning to Lucid, "I don't suppose you can lend our Squirly friend here a few of your old clothes? He seems to have troubles in the town for the moment.", he said while looking at Lucid with begging eyes fit only for smaller creatures.
LucidDarkness

Post by LucidDarkness »

Through-out the whole exchange, Lucid had kept his distance and done little things to preoccupy himself. He was in the middle of plucking stray hairs off his shirt when Varialis addressed him.

"Hmm... Clothes? Yeah, I'm sure I have something. Give me just a moment!" Lucid said, snapping back to reality. He hurried off the short distance to the caravan and burst through the doors. He began to rummage through the drawers of the dresser.
"Cloak... cloooak... Where are y - Ah! Here it is!" He chanted, pulling out the sand-colored cloak. To be safe, he grabbed a spare blue bandanna in case the squirrel needed to cover his face.

Soon Lucid was strolling back out of the door of the caravan and locking it up. He jumped down off the porch and walked over to Varialis and the squirrel. He handed the two articles of clothing to their trembling companion.

"So... Do you have a name, Squirrel?" Lucid asked with sudden interest. He was always quick to listen to people's stories.... Being a traveler would do that to you.