HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ToastyJester

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by ToastyJester »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:"Uhm, could you get one of those spares for now?... it might keep animal control from trying to catch me..."
Caroline jumps at the opportunity to get away to solitude for a little while and quickly says, "Okay I'll go get one now." Jester starts to disagree, wanting to have Caroline socialize with the others, but before he can say anything she's running off in the direction of the house. "Uh... 'kay... Later then?" he says watching the frightened cat run off clutching her hat to her head. He looks around at everyone with an embarrassed look and says, "Sorry, she's got a few issues to work out... So what's the plan then?"

Once Caroline reaches the sidewalk she stops and catches her breath. She starts down the sidewalk and pulls her game out of her hat, happy to have some thinking time, and to be away from all the other pets. Alright Caroline you've earned a little bit of play time after all this conversing, just remember to stop by the house and get a collar for Sasha, she silently says, as she turns on the power and the menu screen pops up.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

N-no! I.... it.... it was a female dog! A-a-a.... n....d... *Sniff*....
As soon as Alex started to cry Amelia went into panic mode, she just made the one person she loved cry. Alex, don't worry...It was just an accident right? Amelia held Alex in her arms hugging him. Using her left paw she slowly reached up to the back of his head and started scratching slowly trying to reassure him. I'm sorry Alex, I didn't mean to make you upset *sniff*...come on, lets lay down in my bed and sort this out. Amelia could barely watch Alex like this, she had to do something. She leaded him to her bed she slowly sat down on it, making sure that Alex was still holding her. If you calm down i'll tell you about my ear. adding teasingly to make him feel better.
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn sits down on the roof with a huff trying frantically to open the window. "Well ****." He looks around and down of the edge. Looks like a long fall down and he's not sure he can roll well enough to prevent damage. He looks in and sees a hallway and starts to tap on the window. "Hello? Anyone in there?"
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Cier went to the door when he heard the vet's car pull up. He opened the door as she walked up to the house. "Hello Dr. Weber." She looked down at him, and her face got a look of concern. "Cier, what happened? Are you alright?" "Worry about me later, There's someone else who needs your help more." He lead her inside, pointing her towards Del's room. "Go on inside and turn off the machine by the door, then I will follow you in." She nodded and walked down the hall to Del's room.

Opening the door she looked in and saw an unfamiliar mouse sleeping on the left-hand table. She pushed the button to turn off the sonic device and walked inside, and was quickly joined by Cier. "Hello Del, how's the foot?" "It still hurts to put weight on it, but it's getting better." "Good," She walked over to the sleeping mouse. "Is this the one you were talking about?" "Yes, that's him. He was being crushed by my... by a dog. I saved him, that's how I got this." "Hm, you know this dog, don't you?" Cier looked uncomfortable. "It was my brother..." She interrupted him, frowning. "Eoin would never do something like that!" "Not Eoin, my other brother, Sean." "Hm, well I'm just glad you managed to save him. Now, if you don't mind I need to examine this little guy." She carefully woke up the brown mouse. "Don't worry, I'm here to help you." She said soothingly as she began her examination.

The veterinarian quickly finished before going on to look over Cier as well. "You're going to be fine, just make sure to keep something cool on that. As for you," She said, turning to the mouse. "You managed to only get some bruising, but it's going to hurt to move for at least a day or two." Smiling, she left the room, heading for the door. "Goodbye Cier, Del. I hope I don't have to come see either of you again soon."
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex sat on Amelia's bed, still holding her, trying to calm down. He was telling himself that there was no actual reason for this kind of behavior, but something just made him do it. Guilt, perhaps? Fear of being dumped? Probably both. These, and other thoughts were flying through his head, like his father kicking him out, spending the night on the bench, getting sick and making Amelia apparently sick, too. And then there were Gary's words. Alone the though of them being true made him feel horrible, but it was even worse, since he knew they were true. All of this caused a breakdown.

The position on the bed was comfortable, and Amelia's scratching to his head was making it better. After a couple of moments and deep inhales, he calmed down.
Thank you.... *Sniff*... Now to answer your question.... Yes, it was an accident. I would never do it again.... And now please.... tell me about your ear. I want to know everyt... - suddenly, he was interrupted by a noise coming from the hallway. It sounded like someone is knocking on the window. Weird, but loud enough to know it's not your imagination. Moody, Alex separated from Amelia, and walked out of the room, leaving her alone.
Djinn wrote:Hello? Anyone in there?
A voice could be heard, and it made him speed up. Who could it possibly be? Once reaching the window, he figured it is Djinn, the cat from before. What the h*ll is he doing out there? Alex opened the window, allowing him to get in.
What the h*ell, man? What were you doing outside? And... your timing sucks, honestly.
Amelia was just about to reveal the secret about her ear, something that was bugging Alex ever since he saw the changes on it, and Djinn interrupted him. That's so unlucky. He kept looking at Djinn, maintaining the eye-contact, while waiting for an answer. However, he apparently forgot that his face was still red, and anyone could easily notice that he cried recently.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Tory pulled up just in time, and used his speed to boost off. He was so excited to be able to fly again, and he wanted to make the most of his newfound freedom. He shot off, soon losing O'Connor as he rolled through the trees. Up and down, left and right, all over the place, weaving through backyards, patios, forest clumps, and even an open window. He covered the majority of the neighborhood in a matter of five minutes, and landed on the roof of the wall. Preening himself, and enjoying the ability to fly again, he let his mind wander as he stared at the clouds. Back to his first home, to his parents, to his......
Suddenly, he realized something. "Oh no. No no no no no no," he muttered, taking off again. Now that he could fly, that meant that....
"Nu-uh, I'm not thinking about that now. I've got to find O'Connor." Unfortunately, he wasn't aware of when he lost O'Connor, and he had no idea where to start looking. Once again, he took off, speeding through to neighborhood. "O'Connor! O'Connor!" However, no answer came. I could always go back to the house, he thought. But wait. Trevor's already left for work by now, and he probably locked the door, and O'Connor has the only other key. He began to feel panicky, and continued his zooming. No no no no no no no. I've got to find O'Connor. Where is he? I can't find him anywhere!
Tory was very in tune to other animals' emotions, and, as such, was very expressive of his own. As his search continued to be futile, tears welled up in his eyes. "O'Connor! O'Connor! Where are you!" he cried as the tears grew and began to fall from his small beak.
As he passed over the park, he noticed a group of animals standing by the river, near the bridge. Through his tears, he saw a raccoon standing in the river. Felix!
Tory swooped down and landed on the Raccoon's shoulder. He sniffed, trying to control his crying, but all he succeeded in doing was ending up crying even harder."Feeeeelix! Waaaaaaaaah, you've got to help me! I can't find O'Connor anywhere, and I'm lost, and I might have to go back home cuz I can fly again and I'm scared, and, and.......Waaaaaaaaaah!" He began sobbing heavily, and buried his face in the raccoon's neck.

((OOC: I don't think I need to mention that the raccoon isn't Felix, but Tory's perception is limited because of his tears, and Pavelle and Felix already look alike as it is))
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn sighs and hang his head a little. "Yeah I figured. It normally does." He starts heading for the stairs trudging slightly. "Then I guess I'll be downstairs. Good luck man."
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

What the h*ell, man? What were you doing outside? And... your timing sucks, honestly.
After Djinn left Amelia walked next to Alex. noticing that Alex slightly started getting agitated, she laid her ears back as she placed her head on his shoulders. Alex...don't get angry... She started to stroke behind his ear once more. How about we head back to the room and finally tell you about my ear...only if you calm down. Amelia kept stroking behind his ear, feeling more and more relaxed while doing so. She slowly lifted her mouth towards Alex's lips. She smiled hoping a kiss would make him feel a lot better, Hope you don't mind Alex...
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex sniffed, after Djinn left. Amelia soon walked towards him, trying to still calm him down.
Amelia wrote:Alex...don't get angry... How about we head back to the room and finally tell you about my ear...only if you calm down.
True is that the scratching behind his ears was, as usual, very calming and enjoyable. It was enough to calm him down. And besides, it seems like Amelia won't ask for more details. No need to tell that Glory is a pup. His eyes closed.....
Amelia wrote:Hope you don't mind Alex..
He opened his eyes, so soon after closing them, just to find Amelia so close to his face. Despite how much it would be great right now, his arm raised, paw formed into fist with the index finger pointing up, pressing it gently at her lips and pushing her slowly away.
No.... *Sniff*... You're already getting sick. Adding salt to a wound is not a good idea.
Avoiding eye-contact, Alex walked pass her, aiming for her room, but stopping on the door of it. He turned around, looking into her eyes directly, even managing to force a smile.
Come! I'm calm now.
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

No.... *Sniff*... You're already getting sick. Adding salt to a wound is not a good idea.

Amelia lowered her ears as Alex placed his finger on her lips. She knew she was sick, but the idea of kissing Alex was just something she would do to make things more comfortable.
Come! I'm calm now.
Amelia walked slowly over to Alex, her head faced away from him to avoid any eye contact. Amelia didn't want to talk about her past. Anything back then hurt to talk about, just talking about her ear would make her remember the days that she only thought she could just forget over time...but now she would have to bring those memories. Amelia looked back into Alex's face. She gave her promise to him that she would tell him...only about her ear, however, how could she avoid the fact that she used to be a stray? Wouldn't that just bring more questions about her past? Even worse would Alex think of her differently about her? Amelia opened the door to her room as they both stepped inside. Alex laid in the bed first, leaving room for Amelia to sit next to him. Amelia snuggled close to Alex. Maybe he could reconsider? Amelia tilted her head upwards to Alex. a tear started forming in her eye. Alex...I'm not really conformable telling you...but if you really want to hear it... she whispered before burying her head into his chest...
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex was very surprised by Amelia's actions. What's so horrible about that ear? A concerned expression covered his face, while looking into her soaked eyes.
Amelia wrote:Alex...I'm not really conformable telling you...but if you really want to hear it.
Carefully, he lifted her head up, and looked into her eyes again, while wiping her tears, although the most of them were on his chests already.
Please, don't cry. Amelia.... The curiosity is killing me.... I know it hurts you, but please.... just tell me what's all this about. Opening up to someone can be so relieving. And don't worry... I won't think less of you. Whatever it is about, I just won't think less of you.
In spite of his move earlier, he put both paws on her face, and lowered down to her size in order to kiss her. The kiss lasted long, longer than usual, followed by gentle scratching behind her ears, all in order to make her more comfortable. Of course, he enjoyed it very much, but the consequences were worrying him.
You don't have to, but please, tell me why your ear is suddenly gaining color. I beg you...
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Please, don't cry. Amelia.... The curiosity is killing me.... I know it hurts you, but please.... just tell me what's all this about. Opening up to someone can be so relieving. And don't worry... I won't think less of you. Whatever it is about, I just won't think less of you. You don't have to, but please, tell me why your ear is suddenly gaining color. I beg you...
Amelia sniffled, She would have felt better if it wasn't for the fact she didn't want to tell Alex...but, maybe she could just leave out a few short details...maybe.
Okay...I'll tell you.... Amelia paused a moment as she lifted her head...Long story short. I did it to get adopted with Pyxis...The reason I still dye it is because I liked it a little... She went back to nuzzling Alex. Please Alex...lets just keep it at that...Not even Pyxis knows anymore than that... Amelia let out a loud Sneeze after she said that. Uhg, thad hart a midle. Saying as she wiped her nose.
Make Pasta not war.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Amelia wrote:Okay...I'll tell you.... Long story short. I did it to get adopted with Pyxis...The reason I still dye it is because I liked it a little... Please Alex...lets just keep it at that...Not even Pyxis knows anymore than that...
Alex' face got confused. To get adopted with Pyxis? How? Why? There were still many mysteries behind this. So many questions, so few answers. But in the end, he decided not to ask anymore. It was hard for her to talk about it.
Amelia wrote:Uhg, thad hart a midle.
Alex rolled his eyes, while slowly moving away from her. This was bound to happen. They both knew she had to avoid him, but neither of them did it. The result is... two sick cats. Her dad won't be very happy about it.
It's okay... I won't ask anymore about it. However, I didn't know you were dying it.... Okay... now that we have that conversation behind us... The only thing left to worry about is your dad.

-Back at home-
Mom was walking here and there, while looking at the clock from time to time. 8 o'clock. Only one more hour. What concerned her is why Alex isn't back yet. He knows that dad leaves for work early, so why not come back after he leaves? He'd never know. What if something happened to him? Her eyes closed, while trying to shrug away those thoughts. He's fine.... he must be. But why isn't he back yet?

And then there was this friend of his. It looks like him (Mom doesn't know the gender) is away, too. Did he follow Alex? What if something happened to him? Even if it wasn't her pet, she was still very worried. That's just the way she is, always caring about everyone.

Finally, there was this weird rabbit, whom they found in the kitchen, passed out. He is sleeping in Alex' bed where they carried him, but who is he? What is he doing here? So many questions.... and all mom could do is wait. After a few more steps, she sat down in the kitchen, and buried her face into her arms, caught into bad thoughts about the situation. The time is just going too slow right now.....
Last edited by Alex on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richarson Valley

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Octavian looked after Caroline slightly worriedly "Well i hope forgetfulness isn't one of those problems" he said and then looked back at Jester "So, I'm guessing the best course of action would be for someone to walk across the bridge, or swim, to the other side of the river and then look for it on the shores." Octavian shrugged "that seems like the most obvious course of action but... if someone has a better plan I'd be glad to help" and figure out who "Sasha" is he thought to himself.

Sekhmet shrugged, it was a very good course of action, it kept the pets around her hopefully fooled, she got some help avoiding Animal control. and maybe... just myabe.... made some friends to help out again later. it was perfect. she thought "Thanks... I'm pretty new to the Area, so the last thing i need is some trouble" she said shivering a little. and the "new to the Area" part was partly true, she was new to the entire suburban environment. in her mind she started constructing her fake situation and history, she smiled inwardly at the deviousness.

what what? Jolly good time.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Rav goes back to his room an checks on Venison..
you ready to go eat now?
"Murmph." Venison did very much feel like leaving bed after his dream the night before, but he was hungry... "Fine. I guess I am." He sat up with a groggy look in his eyes, and yawned. "Com'on. Let's eat, then see how many crazy things managed to happen while I slept in. I usually get up much earlier than this...but no mind. I'm hungry..."
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Rav goes back to his room an checks on Venison..
you ready to go eat now?
"Murmph." Venison did very much feel like leaving bed after his dream the night before, but he was hungry... "Fine. I guess I am." He sat up with a groggy look in his eyes, and yawned. "Com'on. Let's eat, then see how many crazy things managed to happen while I slept in. I usually get up much earlier than this...but no mind. I'm hungry..."

Rav peers out down the hallway to make sure Mom has gone down the hall to the Kitchen..
Lot's of crazy has been going on this morning..
Rav whispers to Venison..
What do you know about the mating habits of humans??
Rav asks quietly.. his ears down an tail tucked, like that is going to make the convo. quieter.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia's dad stepped on to the curb of Alex's house. He looked at the house wondering what kind of people he might run into. He muttered under his breath, answering his own question as he walked up to the house. "Obviously not nice ones...throwing out a cat like that." He knocked three times on the front door, avoiding the urge to bang on the door. He had lots of questions for these people, and he wanted them answered now!

Dylan rubbed his eyes as the veterinarian left the room huh? what? What happened? he sat up and looked around still rubbing his eyes. Well...If I didn't know any better someone just said I was fine...Well, I sure don't feel like it to me. No sirree I feel horrible. He opened his eyes and looked around the room until his eyes came on to "Sean." immediately the mouse fell to his knees, covering his head with his Arms. AHH! don't hurt me! don't hurt me! don't hurt ME!
Make Pasta not war.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Rav peers out down the hallway to make sure Mom has gone down the hall to the Kitchen..
Lot's of crazy has been going on this morning..
Rav whispers to Venison..
What do you know about the mating habits of humans??
Rav asks quietly.. his ears down an tail tucked, like that is going to make the convo. quieter.
*cccccuuuuuaughk* Venison gagged with surprise. "WHAT?!? What kind of question...why would you even want to know? That's just slightly perverted. All mammals reproduce in the same way, and humans are mammals. You should easily know the answer as to...oh...mating habits. You mean like how humans attract a mate. Well..."

Venison thought for a moment. What did he know about it?

"Umm...come to think of it...well, I know it's complex. Depending on the dominant culture in the area, mates can be arranged to be together by their parents, social status...where we live, they have the ability to be picky about their mate, or as they call it, spouse. Rather than picking the one who's the strongest, the most powerful, or the most socially acceptable, they pick the one they like the most, often meeting many different prospective spouses before settling on one. They do this through a process called 'dating.' It's a long, arduous process, where two potential mates meet out for a night of enjoyment, in hopes that they learn more about each other, and like each other enough to meet again, and continue to meet until they are absolutely sure that the person they met is the person they want to live with for the rest of their life. This is because humans go through a binding ceremony called a wedding. 'Til death do us part' is a usual phrase said there." Venison looked sideways, away from Rav, slightly annoyed that he couldn't explain the next part. "There is one other major part though...it has to do with emotion. Love. You'll have to ask someone else about that, as I have no idea."

"Now...I have a question of my own. Yesterday...there was this cat...who did something he obviously wanted to do, and probably had good reasons for doing so...although I disliked his actions and let him know..." Venison looked down and scratched his head. His thoughts were fragmented. This wouldn't do.

"A cat kicked a puppy yesterday, because that puppy was severely annoying him. He obviously wanted to do it, but he didn't like what he did afterward though he had reason to attack, and ended up apologizing for some reason. It's not like I condone the former action of kicking a puppy, I just don't understand why he apologized after. Mind explaining?"
Clockwork Hero

Post by Clockwork Hero »

"Yes, Dad. That's what I'm doing, and yes, I am wearing it," Locke sighed and held his hand on the top of his nose. He was always wearing his collar, he liked, and it's not like he had any reason to take it off anyways. The tawny dog with the flat forward ears and black muzzle walked away from his new house and past the moving men carting various bits of furniture and boxes inside. For a moment, he passed the time idly by watching the men to make sure they didn't drop any of his toys. That can only hold interest for so long, though, and he meandered away from the home, down the driveway, and onto the sidewalk of this new neighborhood. After all, he had to figure this place out, it was all kinds of new and interesting.

He walked down the suburban sidewalks, looking at the houses with half lidded eyes and mild amusement. It's more a casual strut than anything else. He just wanted to see what was around, and besides, his house had too many people bustling about. He couldn't very well stand around there, then.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:
*cccccuuuuuaughk* Venison gagged with surprise. "WHAT?!? What kind of question...why would you even want to know? That's just slightly perverted. All mammals reproduce in the same way, and humans are mammals. You should easily know the answer as to...oh...mating habits. You mean like how humans attract a mate. Well..."

Rav waves his paws up in front of him..
No No No not like that, not ME an a human. there kinda not haa haa funny about that.. how humans choose there mates..
Buckdida wrote: Venison thought for a moment. What did he know about it?

"Umm...come to think of it...well, I know it's complex. Depending on the dominant culture in the area, mates can be arranged to be together by their parents, social status...where we live, they have the ability to be picky about their mate, or as they call it, spouse. Rather than picking the one who's the strongest, the most powerful, or the most socially acceptable, they pick the one they like the most, often meeting many different prospective spouses before settling on one. They do this through a process called 'dating.' It's a long, arduous process, where two potential mates meet out for a night of enjoyment, in hopes that they learn more about each other, and like each other enough to meet again, and continue to meet until they are absolutely sure that the person they met is the person they want to live with for the rest of their life. This is because humans go through a binding ceremony called a wedding. 'Til death do us part' is a usual phrase said there." Venison looked sideways, away from Rav, slightly annoyed that he couldn't explain the next part. "There is one other major part though...it has to do with emotion. Love. You'll have to ask someone else about that, as I have no idea."

Rav gets the small pupil, farway look peanut often has..

He has seen pet mates choosen to be bred together before, so humans do that to themselves too.. social status yes alphas mate.. by where they live???? they can just pick there mate?? Rav thought humans frowned upon indiscrimate breeding?? there is a long arduous process called dating, that ends in ceremony bondage event called wedding. which has a fight to the death in it?? does Sara have to fight? what if she looses?

Rav's poor mind reels..
Buckdida wrote: "Now...I have a question of my own. Yesterday...there was this cat...who did something he obviously wanted to do, and probably had good reasons for doing so...although I disliked his actions and let him know..." Venison looked down and scratched his head. His thoughts were fragmented. This wouldn't do.

"A cat kicked a puppy yesterday, because that puppy was severely annoying him. He obviously wanted to do it, but he didn't like what he did afterward though he had reason to attack, and ended up apologizing for some reason. It's not like I condone the former action of kicking a puppy, I just don't understand why he apologized after. Mind explaining?"

Rav tilts his head off to the side, trying to understand what had happened..
well hard to say without having met an talked with the cat an the puppy about what happened.. So i will have to guess.. Perhaps he felt he over-reacted, or just felt remorse about attacking a defenseless puppy, an wanted to show that he didn't mean to act like he did, an is trying to make friends with the puppy now.. Or if you confronted him like you said you did, He is trying to befriend the puppy, an make up for his actions so he doesn't get a reputation for attacking pups, an have all the adult dogs in the neighborhood come looking to relieve him of his pelt.

Rav shakes out his fur..
Well let go get Mom to cook something, or she is going to leave for her meeting, an we will be stuck with dry n' canned pet food.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Rav...two things. One. You can ask questions to clarify things if I confuse you," said Venison, noting Rav's expression after his explanation, "And two..." Venison raised an eyeridge.

"What's remorse again? I've forgotten, really."
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Dylan wrote:AHH! don't hurt me! don't hurt me! don't hurt ME!
Cier took a step back. "Don't be frightened, I'm not going to hurt you. "Dylan, this is the nice dog, Cier." Cier moved to the door. "I'm going to check on Sean." He called over his shoulder as he left.

Sean sat in the dark; he had given up pounding on the door; and was waiting for his brother to return. 'D***, how am I going to get out of here?. He heard a knock at the door. "Have you settled down yet?" There was a pause as Sean thought for a second before speaking up. "...Yes, I promise I won't do anything. Will you let me out now?" He answered, trying to sound as regretful as possible. "Fine, but if you do anything wrong I'm going to have to throw you out." Cier opened the door and Sean emerged. They walked downstairs. "You wouldn't happen to know where my collar went, would you?" Sean stopped for a moment. "I, uh, kind of took it when I left this morning so I wouldn't raise suspicions. Some raccoon chased me and managed to grab it." Cier sighed. "I'll have to go get my spare collar. Stay on the couch until I get back." Cier turned and headed back upstairs. Sean stayed on the couch, after all, it wouldn't be very good for him to get thrown out of the house, and he could get his revenge later. Cier returned, wearing his spare collar. It was blue, and had an unusual design, being wider than a normal collar and having several electronic looking devices on it. "Come on, we're going to get my collar back, where did you see this raccoon?" "It was at the park, and there were two of them and a Dane." Cier nodded and lead Sean out the door. They began to make their way towards the park.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Mom heard knocking on the door. Finally! That must be Alex. A smile of relief crossed her face, as she ran towards the door. But upon opening it, all her eyes see is an unfamiliar man. Her smile almost immediately dropped.
"Yes.... how can I help you?"
Richarson Valley

Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Amelia's dad decided to get straight to the point. "um, excuse me. Do you happen to have cat?" trying not to sound creepy before he started talking to her. "Y-yes, I have two cats...." - she answered, with a confused look on her face. Why would this man ask such a thing? He paused, two cats? "Oh, does one of them have a scar on face, black fur? I dropped off my cat Amelia here yesterday..." A scared expression covered her face. "Alex! Did something happen to him?" He noticed her worried expression, so she tried to calm her down. "oh no. He is fine, just a little sick, but fine." "Sick? Where is he? He must come back home now!"He paused, looks like they care...or does she? "Don't worry, hes at my house...but first I need to ask something. He told me that he got thrown out of his house." saying as he raised his eyebrows. Her eyes dropped. "Well... I was against it... but my husband did it anyway, just because poor Alex did something wrong." "So his father threw him out? What about Amelia? She was out there with him." "A-Amelia?" Mom didn't know, and in this moment, didn't want to know. But she had to say something. "Who's Amelia?" Her words took him by surprise, "Amelia my cat that said that she was staying with her friend Mai..." he paused before saying anything. "You have a cat named Mai right?" "Yes... but Mai didn't mention anything, and I'm sure she'd say something. However... Alex was the one who said that a friend will stay over night with him...." Her voice got slower by the end, upon realizing what's going on. Amelia's dad was slowly realizing what was happening. "So she didn't come over to stay with Mai...if that is what you are saying?"
She replied back to him "Apparently...." He began to feel uneasy. "So I also take it you didn't know either?" "I had no idea about this! I can't believe he'd just hide it from me!" She was angry at Alex, but then again, the thought of him sick right now, and spending the night outside was enough to calm the anger. "So ... let's go to them. They're both at your house, right?" He nodded, "yes...both of them." Both get into his car as they drive towards Amelia's house. "I know this seems strange but...you said he did something to get kicked out...what did he do?" "That isn't important right now." Her head turned away in embarrassment. If she tells that Alex beat up a pup, the man could attack her about being a bad parent, being unable to raise a pet, etc. They drive up into the driveway and step out of his car. "Okay, we are here." saying calmly as he opened the front door. Amelia's dad lead the way up the stairs while Alex's mom followed close behind. "They are probably in Amelia's room...together even though I told her to stay way from him." He opened the door to her room. Both of them close together as they walked in. Upon noticing Alex and an unfamiliar female cat so close together, mom walked in front of the man, with an angry expression. "Well well, what do we have here!?" - she yelled at the cats.
Make Pasta not war.
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

Djinn sits up in his makeshift bed, watching as the two humans storm through the living room and upstairs. Based on the way they're walking things are not about to go well. Wincing a little at what is about to go on he discreetly slips out the front door and sits on the front porch, out of the way of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~

Glory slowly begins to wake up, looking out the windows next to her bed groggily, one eye only half open. Yawning softly she just sits in bed in a daze for now.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

ArgentFlame wrote:Dylan, this is the nice dog, Cier.
Dylan looked back at Del forcing a weak smile, They look the same to me. Dylan stood up, wincing a little when he stood stright up. Hey I feel a lot better....Still hurts but better.

Pyxis yawned as he slowly got out of his bed. He stretched a little and gave a small yawn, Wow...I really needed that, hope Amelia isn't angry with me still. As if on que he heard yelling in Amelia's room. What is that? wondering to himself as he crept into the hallway. He took a few steps and almost bumped into his dad. Pyxis held his breath, but his father didn't seem to notice him. Curiously he looked between his dad's legs to get a better view. AHH! DAD! I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just...uh... Pyxis couldn't believe what was happening, so he decided it was best if he could slip away undetected down the stairs, and he would be on his way out the door before anyone knew he was awake.
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky wakes up rubbing his eyes and checking the clock, yawning. 8:30? Later than he usually got up. Still he slid out of bed and threw his scarf on over his collar before making his usual trek to The Wall for his morning coffee. Boy last night sure was crazy. Glad I made it in though. Maybe I'll stop by Alex's later today.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

O'Connor lost sight of Tory, as he flew off. "Toreh!" he called, but the little bird couldn't hear him. He tried to run after the bird, but his old joints wouldn't let him. As he turned the corner, he saw The Wall. Sighing, he went in to rest before looking for the bird again.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was listening to the other pets say something about a missing collar when a tiny red blur shot out of the sky and landed on her shoulder before wrapping itself around her neck. And then the cardinal began to cry, sobbing into her fur, which was already wet. She started feeling uncomfortable, and a bit awkward. Feeling slightly confused, too, she patted the tiny bird very gently on the back, trying to sooth him and stop him from continuing to cry. "There, there," she said, trying to sound like she wasn't weirded-out, "I'm sure it'll be just fine. By the way, I'm Pavelle, not Felix, but that's a common enough mistake." Making her voice sound soothing and quiet. She was unsure what she was supposed to do over the entire situation, and was even more confused because she couldn't remember ever meeting this bird before. Plus, why would the little guy know Felix? Felix didn't exactly hang out with anybody, did he?

Magnus just kinda stared at all the pets in the group, head cocked to the side. His eyes roamed as he became disinterested, and then the sound of the river cuahgt his ears. He eyed the water, looking curious. Would it still be so cold? Maybe it hadn't been as bad as he thought. He edged towards the river, then stuck a foot in. Brr. He winced, then plopped into the water anyway, besides the temperature. He loved the river. He found a small log, probably drifted down the water from the forest, and tossed it in, watching it float with a mixture of satisfaction and great interest. Why did logs and stucks and things float? They weren't alive and couldn't swim. It made no sense.

Meanwhile...
Felix had given up hope and interest and was just walking around, looking at random hiding places, glancing suspiciously at people's doors and such. He turned his stare to the ground, brooding. Stupid humans. As far as he was concerned, it was their fault that he had lost the trail. If he had been in the forest, he wouldn't have been shaken this easily. Concrete was no good. You couldn't expect to follow footprints on it. And it did nothing to hold a scent. Of course, he wasn't really that kind of tracker, but still. It was stupid anyways. He was mentally pouting and complaining so deeply that he didn't see Sean or Cier until he was a couple feets away from them. And then he looked up at the sound of their movement, and froze for a second, shocked. He felt his heart jump up into his throat in sudden anticipation of a fight, and a evil, evil grin lit up his features, devilish and frightening with sick glee. "Gotcha," he said, and then sprang forward, tackling Sean around the middle, trying to knock him to the ground so he could hold him down real good. He actually felt a little angry at the dog, for dragging Edie around earlier and everything. He found himself jabbering crazily. "Think you can hurt my sister, eh? Think you can hurt defenseless little mice, eh? Think you're a real tough-guy, eh? Wonderin' why I'm saying 'eh', eh? Well I don't care what you think!" he said, trying to keep a good grip on the guy and punch him at the same time. He totally forgot that he was not supposed to touch pets. Of course, Sean wasn't exactly a pet, anyways, so it wouldn't really have mattered to Felix much in the first place. ((Once again, leaving it open to whether or not he actually gets hit or anything... Sean could dodge the punch, or something.))
Last edited by caelei on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky walks in the Wall and gets his usual blend before looking for a seat. He notices only one other dog in The Wall today so he walks over and sits down. "Morning." For a moment he just stares. "I think I know you from somewhere." After pausing for a moment he snaps his fingers. "That's right! You were playing up on the roof last night! That was really beautiful."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:"Rav...two things. One. You can ask questions to clarify things if I confuse you," said Venison, noting Rav's expression after his explanation, "And two..." Venison raised an eyeridge.

"What's remorse again? I've forgotten, really."

Well... remorse is a feeling guilt an regret, for having committed an act that they now deem to be shameful. at least in this case with the cat.. you can also have remorse about something you didn't do.. I should have ate that hot an juicy rare steak when i had the chance, now another dog has eaten it!

Rav fluffs out his tail..
getting back to the humans, the thing is O'connor's human follow him over here this morning.. an He an Sara started acting strangely, an now there going to meet tonight to see a movie..
Is this just how they make friends an get to know each other instead of sniffing each others tail?
Or is part of the dating rites? how long do they last??
An this dating ends in a wedding, where the suitors battle to the death to be her mate??
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Kalvin wrote:Lucky walks in the Wall and gets his usual blend before looking for a seat. He notices only one other dog in The Wall today so he walks over and sits down. "Morning." For a moment he just stares. "I think I know you from somewhere." After pausing for a moment he snaps his fingers. "That's right! You were playing up on the roof last night! That was really beautiful."
O'Connor looked up at the dog who responded to him. He nodded, and closed his eyes. Suddenly, he heard the dog mention his violin playing. "Eh, ye heard tha'?"
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky smiles. "Yeah, I stuck by an listened but I don't think you noticed me." He looks down a little and takes off his scarf. "In fact I sang a little, not even to myself. You are really quite good with it." He takes a drink of his coffee. "So I don't think I've seen you in The Wall before. What brings you here?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Kalvin wrote:Lucky smiles. "Yeah, I stuck by an listened but I don't think you noticed me." He looks down a little and takes off his scarf. "In fact I sang a little, not even to myself. You are really quite good with it." He takes a drink of his coffee. "So I don't think I've seen you in The Wall before. What brings you here?"
"Eh a friend o' muine tuk off withaout meh, an' Ah can' fuind 'im. Ah'm jest restin' 'ere teh get mah enereh bahck. Whu' 'baout yu?"

caelei wrote:Pavelle was listening to the other pets say something about a missing collar when a tiny red blur shot out of the sky and landed on her shoulder before wrapping itself around her neck. And then the cardinal began to cry, sobbing into her fur, which was already wet. She started feeling uncomfortable, and a bit awkward. Feeling slightly confused, too, she patted the tiny bird very gently on the back, trying to sooth him and stop him from continuing to cry. "There, there," she said, trying to sound like she wasn't weirded-out, "I'm sure it'll be just fine. By the way, I'm Pavelle, not Felix, but that's a common enough mistake." Making her voice sound soothing and quiet. She was unsure what she was supposed to do over the entire situation, and was even more confused because she couldn't remember ever meeting this bird before. Plus, why would the little guy know Felix? Felix didn't exactly hang out with anybody, did he?
Tory paused, hearing the raccoon's words. Not....Felix? he looked up at the raccoon, and noticed the subtle differences in the fur patterns. Shocked by this revelation, he began to cry even harder, burrowing himself in Pavelle's neck once again. "mi-mi-Miss Pavelle, you've got to he-help me find O'Connor! I'm scared, and I don't know anyone, and all of these cats and dogs around could eat me and.....I'm scaaaaared!!!!!!!" He continued crying, and rambled on. "I saw you, and thought you were Felix, and since Fe-fe-felix and O'Connor were friends, he could help me find O-O-O'Connor, and, *sniff*, I-I-I don't want to lose O'Connor cuz I miss him, and, and......" He had run out of things to say, so he just continued to cry.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caelei

Post by caelei »

"mi-mi-Miss Pavelle, you've got to he-help me find O'Connor! I'm scared, and I don't know anyone, and all of these cats and dogs around could eat me and.....I'm scaaaaared!!!!!!!" He continued crying, and rambled on. "I saw you, and thought you were Felix, and since Fe-fe-felix and O'Connor were friends, he could help me find O-O-O'Connor, and, *sniff*, I-I-I don't want to lose O'Connor cuz I miss him, and, and......"
Pavelle was even more confused, and she didn't like it. She had never liked confusion, of course, especially because she found it was always detrimental to the situation. She made a shushing noise, really worried now. The bird simply wouldn't stop crying. It was really bothering her. "Hush, hush. Shhh. It's fine, don't cry. Okay. How about this? You tell me your name, and we can decide what to do, okay? Like you could just stay here and hang out with Magnus, my brother, and I. Or we could go off and look for your O'Connor. Whichever one. And I'm pretty sure that none of the pets around here will eat you." O'Connor. Was that name familiar? Maybe? And how was Felix friends with him? Felix wasn't friends with anyone, was he? He had always given the impression he didn't like ptes very much. Huh. Strange.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:Well... remorse is a feeling guilt an regret, for having committed an act that they now deem to be shameful. at least in this case with the cat.. you can also have remorse about something you didn't do.. I should have ate that hot an juicy rare steak when i had the chance, now another dog has eaten it!

Rav fluffs out his tail..
getting back to the humans, the thing is O'connor's human follow him over here this morning.. an He an Sara started acting strangely, an now there going to meet tonight to see a movie..
Is this just how they make friends an get to know each other instead of sniffing each others tail?
Or is part of the dating rites? how long do they last??
An this dating ends in a wedding, where the suitors battle to the death to be her mate??
Venison looked down, sighing, his fingertips meeting his forehead. "Are you a pet or aren't you?" He shook his head and looked back up. "Humans do not have a very good sense of smell. They memorize some smells, but those smells are usually about information retaining to edible objects...or certain dangerous conditions surrounding them, like rotten wood or mold. They can attach some smells to very broad locations, like, for example, the smell of the forest, or that of the beach...but they most certainly can not memorize the smell of other beings. Whereas we can recognize it like a thumbprint, Humans usually use their vision to identify others. So to them, sniffing things is, in essence, quite strange to them, simply because they don't understand it like we do. The scenting part of their brain is minimized, or something, if I do recall.

So, yes, meeting and just spending time together is the best way for humans to learn about each other, because it allows them ample, uninterrupted time to talk. They are much more verbal than expressive, so spoken word is the best way for them to gather information about one another. That habit usually rubs off on pets. Usually.

As for dating...it's an activity. Not a ritual. It's just a human term for the type of meeting where the two humans get that uninterrupted time to talk, usually over a meal or other activities. Dating continues for as long as it needs to...for the humans to find out they don't like each other enough to have a wedding, or the opposite, where they decide they like each other enough to have a wedding.

And a wedding...that's where both of the humans vow to live together forever. All their friends and family come to see the event. Nobody dies." Venison smiled. 'Although there can be a battle to the death if a human dates too many people at once...no, it's best if I don't confuse him,' Venison thought to himself.

"Hmm. I can say I've regretted not doing things, but for those it's just best to move on. I can't say I can recall a situation where I have done something I regret, though. Hmm...are there any particular emotions attached to regret? One that I would easily know...or maybe relearn, or something. Let's talk over breakfast or something. Today's gonna be long for me...I have to track down my little shock knife. It's not like I can really build another one of those with my current funds..." Venison sighed and walked down the hall.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: Venison looked down, sighing, his fingertips meeting his forehead. "Are you a pet or aren't you?"
Ofcourse i'm a pet!, well mostly.. As Sara's pet, is the first time i have been a housepet altho, what else would i be?
Buckdida wrote: He shook his head and looked back up. "Humans do not have a very good sense of smell. They memorize some smells, but those smells are usually about information retaining to edible

So, yes, meeting and just spending time together is the best way for humans to learn about each other, because it allows them ample, uninterrupted time to talk. They are much more verbal than expressive, so spoken word is the best way for them to gather information about one another. That habit usually rubs off on pets. Usually.

Rav tilts his head off to the side, his big tall ears perked up attentively, his tail wagging slowly along behind him as he listens. Rav splays out his ears back at that, an issues a small whimper.. his is trying hard to be less expressive around Venison, an stiffles the urge to say so.
Buckdida wrote: As for dating...it's an activity. Not a ritual. It's just a human term for the type of meeting where the two humans get that uninterrupted time to talk, usually over a meal or other activities. Dating continues for as long as it needs to...for the humans to find out they don't like each other enough to have a wedding, or the opposite, where they decide they like each other enough to have a wedding.

And a wedding...that's where both of the humans vow to live together forever. All their friends and family come to see the event. Nobody dies." Venison smiled. 'Although there can be a battle to the death if a human dates too many people at once...no, it's best if I don't confuse him,' Venison thought to himself.

Then why the til death do us part, part? if there is no dominance battle for breeding rights to the female?
Buckdida wrote: "Hmm. I can say I've regretted not doing things, but for those it's just best to move on. I can't say I can recall a situation where I have done something I regret, though. Hmm...are there any particular emotions attached to regret? One that I would easily know...or maybe relearn, or something.
You mean you don't regret staying here with an emotional, snugly dog like me?? He barks in almost shocked surprise. even when i made you go screaming off all crazy into the night??

Rav thinks, emotions attached to regret, sadness, loss, guilt. i think those are the major feelings that go along with it.. we can look it up in that big heavy book of words to see if there are more.
Buckdida wrote:Let's talk over breakfast or something. Today's gonna be long for me...I have to track down my little shock knife. It's not like I can really build another one of those with my current funds..." Venison sighed and walked down the hall.

You have a busy day planned, whats you going to be doing today??
Rav starts snickering an smirking.. an gives Venison a hearty hug...
That zappy thing of yours? {snicker} you have been sleeping on it all this time. if you really need it, i'll pick up the kennel so you can get it out from under there.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Caelei wrote:"Gotcha,"
Sean was suddenly tackled from behind by a raccoon. "M*********!" He cursed as he went down. The raccoon began punching and yelling at him. Cier caught his arm as he brought it back for another punch. "I would very much like it if you would stop assaulting my brother. I have already resolved the situation." He released the raccoons paw, but m\remained prepared should he continue his attack.
"You mentioned another dog before. He looks like Cier, correct? I know both of his siblings, and neither of them look much like him. Perhaps he lived someplace far away? I seem to recall them mentioning having another sibling a few times."
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

ArgentFlame wrote:"You mentioned another dog before. He looks like Cier, correct? I know both of his siblings, and neither of them look much like him. Perhaps he lived someplace far away? I seem to recall them mentioning having another sibling a few times."
Dylan tilted his head back, Well, they do look very much alike... He looked back down at Del and Smiled. But he isn't much of a problem now is he? Now this may be my boredom speaking but...What do you do for fun around here besides watch some sci-fi movies?
Make Pasta not war.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Del smiled back at the young mouse. "Well, when I'm not watching something, I usually am either making something, thinking of what to make next, or going with Cier when he leaves." Rat, who had disappeared under the table the moment he had heard the vet approach the door, walked back over. "I watch cartoons when I'm not helping Del or outside."