Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

ChristopherJackal

Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by ChristopherJackal »

“I’m going for a walk dad!” Fido grabbed his green scarf as he headed for the door. “Alright, be back for dinner” was all he heard as he closed the door behind him.

Stepping outside Fido smelt the cool fresh air of the morning, and the fresh snow that blanketed the ground. It was Christmas Eve and pets and humans were seen walking in every direction doing some last minute shopping, or finalizing any plans they had for the next day.

“So where are we going?” Spo popped out of Fido’s scarf where it was slightly warmer. “I thought you already got all of your shopping done, why are we even out in the first place?”

“As always Spo you didn’t have to come, you could have just stayed home for once in the warmth,” Fido replied with a grin, “but Sabrina said she needed to see me as soon as possible so that’s where I’m going.” Taking a quick left at the end of the street he starts towards the woods. As he started to near the edge of the forest he looked around to check that nobody was around to see him. “Seems the coast is clear.”

“So what do you think it will be this time?” Spo asked as he started climbing his way up to Fido’s head as he jumps over a fallen log almost making him lose his balance, “and watch it will ya? I could have fallen off!” Reaching the top he held on to one of Fido’s ears in case of any other bumps in the road.

“Not so tight on the ear please Spo,” Finally reaching a small clearing he sat on a small stump nearby, “What do you mean what will it be?” Fido looked up to see Spo, “What are you expecting?”

“Didn’t that one friend of yours say you’ve helped out many other small animals like me?” A cold wind blew by making Spo shiver. “It’s way too cold out here,” he started grumbling to himself as he started heading back into the collar, “where is she anyways?”

Spo was right, Sabrina did bring him animals to relocate that her owners told her to get rid of, "I cant keep taken them though, I have to tell her no" he thought to himself

Walking down a small path Sabrina spotted Fido in the distance, smiling as she watched him appear to be having a conversation with himself. As she continues to get closer her smiles fades slightly, “I have to tell him, it’s too important not to.” Fido looked up hearing her approach, “Good morning you two,” she greeted them smiling.

“Good morning!” they both reply in unison as Fido moved over a bit to allow more room for Sabrina to sit. “Nice day isn’t it?” Fido was busy looking around admiring the scenery around them as another gentle breeze went by.

“I’m going to take a nap, it’s far too cold outside,” making a bed as comfortable as possible Spo relaxed in Fido’s collar, “Don’t take long if you don’t mind!”

Leaning her head on Fido’s shoulder Sabrina looked around, the area was quiet and peaceful. Back home everyone was rushing around to do whatever was left for them to do, but here everything was still and calm. Looking back to Fido she couldn’t help but smile, he was the one she fell for, despite being a dog, he had her heart just as much as she had his and now although he didn't know it, they were going to start a family, “I love you Fido,” she started to nuzzle under his chin.

Wrapping an arm around her Fido snuggled closer “I love you too Sabrina,” he kissed her cheek making her smile. Enjoying the moment they were having together Fido had almost forgotten why they were there in the first place, “So what was it you needed to see me about exactly?”

Enjoying the warmth coming from Fido, Sabrina started to purr “Well… would you be against telling everyone?” She looks up to Fido for a reply, “About us I mean…”

“What? Why?” Scratching the back of his head, Fido didn’t really know how to reply. As far as he knew things were going great.

“Well I miss you Fido, I really do! You’re always so busy that we don’t get to spend much time together…” Sighing she leaned closer to Fido, “I love the time we get to spend together, but it’s not enough, I figured maybe we’d get more time to be together if everyone knew.”

Fido knew she was right, she was his girlfriend after all and they didn’t have the chance to spend a lot of time together, but he was still unsure if just telling everyone was the right thing to do. “I really don’t know if that’s the best idea Sabrina, you know the dogs will not take that well, the other cats may not react much better,” Taking a deep breath he continued, “We would not have many if any friends at all afterwards…”

“I know, but I really think we should, PLEASE FIDEY?” Giving him the big puppy dog eyes she had him, he knew it and she knew it. He just couldn’t say no to that.

Fido sighed knowing defeat was inevitable, she only did this when she really wanted something and he knew it, “Alright alright, we’ll do it…" taking a moment to collect his thoghts the only chance he could think of was the party, "How about tomorrow at the Good ol’ Dogs club Christmas party? Most everyone should be there… let them all know in one go rather than tell them one by one” He leaned over kissing her cheek as he added, “By the way that was cheating just so you know….”

“I know, and I’m sorry, but I’ll explain why I had to do it tomorrow; it’ll be a Christmas surprise!” Getting up Sabrina stretched a little, “Will you walk me home?” Sabrina had a smile on her face again.

“Sure why not, I suppose it doesn’t matter if people see us today if we’ll just tell them tomorrow.” The only person he didn't want to run into was Bino. Fido held out an arm, taking his arm Sabrina snuggled close as they started back home. Things will get real interesting real fast, Fido thought to himself as they walked “I still don’t like the idea, but maybe she’s right…”

Popping out of Fido’s scarf again Spo yawned, “Can you drop me off at home first or something? The cold isn’t worth hanging around!”

“Sure thing Spo, you mind if we take make a quick stop first Sabrina?” She just simply nodded and leaned against him as they left the forest.

So this is my first fanfic, it was kinda something I felt like doing so I did. It's not the greatest, but I like it! Constructive criticism is more than welcome, try not to be too mean! I'll try to update once a week, I have the next four updates written already because I have a busy month coming up so I should still be on schedule! So yeah... enjoy!
Last edited by ChristopherJackal on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
lightwolf21

Re: Changing the Status Quo

Post by lightwolf21 »

Welcome to the forums, ChristopherJackal.
I liked it a lot. The characters seemed to interact within believability, and everyone likes Fido+Sabrina :D Since it's one of the few pairings that is accepted by the fans and actually canon. The only thing I had an issue with was Spo's text color. Against the default pale grayish-blue of the forums, it doesn't stand out enough in my opinion. I can't wait to see where the story goes. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Heh. Look at that... I started an actual Housepets! fan-fic.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 70#p131370
Also:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Atta ficcie, for a first-timer, Jackal!!! :D :D :D
You want constructive criticism? here it goes:

1) I LOVED IT
2) DON'T YOU DARE TO LEAVE IT UNFINISHED
3) Please, not the colors. You are describing and distinguishing the characters quite well, there is no need to use all these colored sentences.
4) I LOVED IT
5) Please edit the title to: Housepets! Changing the Status quo, so to have it recognizable as an HP fanfic.
ChristopherJackal

I'm planning on continuing it, I already have the next few updates written So I'm guaranteed a few more weeks! And thank you for the comments, I'll leave out the colors for the next one.
IceKitsune

Re: Housepets! Changing the Status Quo

Post by IceKitsune »

Well it looks like I have another fanfic to read. I like what I see so far can't wait for more.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

IceKitsune wrote:Well it looks like I have another fanfic to read. I like what I see so far can't wait for more.
^this.
ChristopherJackal

Wow, says over 100 views! That's kinda like whoa... but that's awesome! So, I feel kind of like a dork for having to ask, but how does one post a picture? I drew a picture of how I would see what Sabrina and Fido's daughter looking like, and wanted to post it. It's not the greatest or anything, but it gets the idea across for the most part. I have it scanned to the computer, but that's it... help?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Click "Post Reply", scroll down to the "Upload Attachment" bar, hit the "Browse" button, browse your computer for the file, hit open, then hit "Submit".
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Alternatively, you can upload it to an image hosting site, then post the link, highlight it, and click on the Img button above the post box area. Can't wait to see it. :D
Also:
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

^
I post images that way.
ChristopherJackal

So yeah, hope it's not too big! May try to draw her again some other time! Feel kinda silly that I never noticed the upload attachment thing at the bottom
Attachments
This would be Trinity
This would be Trinity
Trinity Colored 2.jpg (44.88 KiB) Viewed 40797 times
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ChristopherJackal wrote:So yeah, hope it's not too big! May try to draw her again some other time! Feel kinda silly that I never noticed the upload attachment thing at the bottom
You're still new to the forums, so it's understandable. Cute pic, by the way. :D D'awwwww. Who is Trinity? Wait a minute, is that a dog with a cat's tail? :shock:
Also:
ChristopherJackal

The thing I don't like about the picture is the umm... her right arm I think? I suck at hands! Trinity is Fido and Sabrina's daughter, it's a bad attempt at mixing a dog and cat.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:
ChristopherJackal wrote:So yeah, hope it's not too big! May try to draw her again some other time! Feel kinda silly that I never noticed the upload attachment thing at the bottom
You're still new to the forums, so it's understandable. Cute pic, by the way. :D D'awwwww. Who is Trinity? Wait a minute, is that a dog with a cat's tail? :shock:
/BinoandPeanutmoment
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ChristopherJackal wrote:The thing I don't like about the picture is the umm... her right arm I think? I suck at hands! Trinity is Fido and Sabrina's daughter, it's a bad attempt at mixing a dog and cat.
Actually, I thought you pulled it off quite nicely. :D The only thing that appears a little odd to me is the whiskers for some reason, I dunno maybe it's just me. -_-;
The tag design is pretty cool, and it goes with her name.
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:
ChristopherJackal wrote:The thing I don't like about the picture is the umm... her right arm I think? I suck at hands! Trinity is Fido and Sabrina's daughter, it's a bad attempt at mixing a dog and cat.
Actually, I thought you pulled it off quite nicely. :D The only thing that appears a little odd to me is the whiskers for some reason, I dunno maybe it's just me. -_-;
The tag design is pretty cool, and it goes with her name.
Maybe 'cuz they're not connected to her face? I don't know either.
ChristopherJackal

Yeah, if I get around to do her again I'll try to make it better. I'm starting to think I should have put her tail in more of a "S" formation to seem more cat like I dunno... took forever to pick her name though, I wanted something I could match with the tag and wasn't too common. I like it!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ChristopherJackal wrote:Yeah, if I get around to do her again I'll try to make it better. I'm starting to think I should have put her tail in more of a "S" formation to seem more cat like I dunno... took forever to pick her name though, I wanted something I could match with the tag and wasn't too common. I like it!
As well you should like your work! :D
Also:
ChristopherJackal

Bino was franticly rushing around getting what was still needed for their annual Christmas party. “Ugh, where is everybody?” Bino was getting aggravated already, nobody was around to help and there was still a lot of work to be done. It was about to be nine and he told everyone to show up around eight. Bino was just about to head out to see why nobody had showed up, but as he stepped out Fox was standing there with a reluctant looking King. “Where have you been?” Bino was losing his patience as he turned to look at King “And why is he here?”

“I was getting King as you seem to have noticed,” Fox remained calm despite Bino’s aggravated tone, “and King is here to help! I figured we could use all the help we could get” Stepping into the clubhouse Fox and King looked around slightly amazed, for the most part everything was collected all that was needed was to put it in place and decorate. “So what are the plan then Bino?” Fox looked back to Bino who was still glaring at King.

“Just stay here and start putting everything together,” he said as he turned to start heading out, “I’m going to go find Fido, he was supposed to be here when I was!” He was practically stomping as he left mumbling a few things King and Fox couldn’t hear.

“I still don’t like him,” King turned to Fox already aggravated with Bino, “not after the stunt he pulled last year!” King was lost in thought remembering the events that happened last year when Bino gave him the rigged present that exploded in his face. It took three weeks and hundreds of baths to wash out the cat nip smell, “Why is he such a jerk?” The two of them began to work as they continued their conversation. It was a tiring job, but they were getting it done. As they were setting up the tables Sasha walked in looking around the room.

Taking a small break for the corgi to catch his breath Fox went over to greet Sasha, “Good morning Sasha Bino isn’t here right now, he should be back soon though.”

“Good morning Fox,” Preoccupied looking around the room and talking to Fox, Sasha didn’t notice King panting near one of the tables, “Bino… broke up with me yesterday.” She avoided eye contact with Fox as she continued to look around, “I wanted to help out with decorating.” Sasha added with her normal smile returning.

“Oh, well sorry to hear that Sasha,” He gave her a bug hug before her turned to help up King still sitting where he left him, “would you mind helping King start the decorating? I can set up the last of the tables.” He turned back to King who seemed to be blushing a bit; he couldn’t help but smile at the sight of it, “Go help Sasha decorate please, I’ll finish setting up.” After King finally got up he returned his attention to the remaining tables.

King was nervous as he was standing up on the ladder with a ribbon in his hands. “You have a good hold on the ladder down there?” King couldn’t help but shake a little, being a corgi he was smaller than most of the neighborhood dogs so being up on a ladder wasn’t exactly his favorite thing to be doing. After finally settling himself he managed to start stapling the ribbons onto the wall. The process was slow going at first with King slowly going up and down the ladder wobbling the whole time, but as they continued on King got more comfortable with it and was moving faster. There was just something about Sasha’s usual carefree and happy personality that was calming to King. No matter what was going on she always seemed to have a smile on her face. The curiosity finally peaking in him he just had to ask, “How do you always manage to stay so happy?”

Sasha was lost in thought as she was looking up at King as he put up more ribbons. King had to repeat himself two more times before she finally heard him. “Hmm? What?” She was thinking of what happened with Bino, holding up another ribbon King repeated his question, “I don’t know, I guess I just never saw a reason to be sad…” she had to pause for a second, up until now she has never really thought about it, she was just happy “Doesn’t do much help going around being sad all the time does it? Nothing usually gets done when you mope around right?” There was a slight wag in her tail as she said it. She loved to be happy, and loved even more to make others happy.

King was surprised by her answer, thinking about it she was right. All he had done since being changed into a dog was mope and complain about everything. Thus far doing so hadn’t really gotten him anywhere, or make him any happier for that matter. Could he be happy as a dog? Not like he really had a choice now, Pete was gone as far as he knew so being turned human again didn’t seem likely anyhow. “So umm… I know Bino is a jerk and all, but happened between you two?

“Oh that,” Sasha just looked down at the ground, “well… Bino was a little stressed out yesterday with having everything ready to put together today and such. I wanted to help out and make him happy so I went over to give him a break so we could cuddle, but he got mad at me and started to yell.” Sasha looked back up to King with a smile, “I’m sure he didn’t mean to, it just happened. I’m sure things will be better by tomorrow, I don’t want to go to the party by myself.”

King’s was trying to stop his little tail from wagging now, “Well,” He was thankful he was turned the other way putting up more ribbons, his face was turning a dark shade of red already, “What if I went with you to the party then? That way you don’t have to go alone.”

“Oh that sounds fun,” Sasha tail was wagging faster as her excitement started to grow, “and we can have a sleepover in the doghouse you gave me! It’ll be like last year, only better!” She was nearly jumping out of excitement that she didn’t notice when she let go of the ladder causing King to lose his balance and fall with a loud thud. “Oh! I’m so sorry King, I didn’t mean to!” She picked him up and hugged him close as Fox came in.

“Sasha what was that?” He saw Sasha, but there was no sign of King anywhere, “What happened to King?”

Sasha just turned to Fox with a smile, “He’s right here, she motioned to the corgi in her arms, “he kind of fell off the ladder”

Fox just sighed hearing King fell, “Bring him over here Sasha; I’m sure we have some bandages for him around here somewhere.” Looking at King as they walked he just sighed again, “Making a bad habit of getting yourself hurt before our parties aren’t you King?”

So I've decided to change my update schedule to go from Friday, to Wednesday, then Monday, and back to Friday! Hope that's ok will everyone! From what I've read around the forums, some people may not like this update... Don't hate me! Anywho, comments are more than welcome! Enjoy!
valerio

Post by valerio »

YAY!
Nice update...and some King of Hearts as well :D :D :D
Follow the schedule that most fits you, man, as long as you give us good stuff! ;)
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Someone is a King Of Hearts fan.

Dang it, Val ninja'd me.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hee-YIAH!
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Private Elliot wrote:Someone is a King Of Hearts fan.

Dang it, Val ninja'd me.
^This. And nice job there on the fic there, Chris, its looking good.
ChristopherJackal

Indeed I am a fan of King and Sasha! I'm also quite the fan of Grapenut! Where does one get those shipping sigs? I like them!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

ChristopherJackal wrote:Indeed I am a fan of King and Sasha! I'm also quite the fan of Grapenut! Where does one get those shipping sigs? I like them!
They can be found on the forums at this link: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... ?f=2&t=421
Also:
ChristopherJackal

Bino was getting aggravated by the minute, he had been out searching for Fido for about an hour now and he couldn’t find him anywhere, adding the fact it was cold out wasn’t helping any. “We’re supposed to be co-founders, and he isn’t around to help! I go and do all of the work and he’ll get all the credit!” Bino was passing by the sandwich’s house which only irritated him further, “Peanut wouldn’t even be invited if it weren’t for Fido, who just had to overstep my authority.” Turning the corner, he finally spotted Fido walking in the opposite direction, “Where is he going? The club is the other way,” he thought to himself. Fido was still quite a distance off, but Bino could see someone was there with him, “Who is that?” As he got closer Bino was able to make out some of the features of the unknown pet. “It’s a cat,” The realization hit him like a sack of bricks, “he left us to go make friends with the cats! Making himself look better to the neighborhood as always!” he was just about to rush over to them when they stopped at a house and Fido gave her a small kiss before the cat went inside. A sense of joy filled him as he started to run, he finally had a way to bring Fido down and make himself top dog.

Watching Sabrina enter into the house Fido let out a sigh, “This will just be the calm before the storm… best enjoy it now while it lasts, everything changes tomorrow.” He became lost in thought as he turned to head to the club house. “Bino will not be very happy after all of this… he’ll probably cause the most trouble…”

“I’ll cause the trouble?” Bino was already snarling as he approached, “You’re the cat lover Fido, You'll be the one causing trouble! You’re the one turning your back on your own kind to go be with… that cat!” He spat the last words as if it were a poison.

“Perfect, just what I need,” Fido thought to himself, trying to reason with Bino now would be impossible…

“Wait until all the other dogs hear about this, you're finished brother!” Bino’s excitement was growing, he’d finally be considered better than Fido.

Fido had to take a deep breath; he’d rather be at one of Joey’s D&D games than deal with Bino right now, “Listen Bino, I still have a lot I need to do today so if you don’t mind.” He started to leave, but Bino grabbed him arm.

“Hold it, I’m not done,” the whole situation was boosting Bino’s confidence to an all time high, “how you could fall for such a”

Fido quickly grabbed onto Bino’s shoulder stopping him mid sentence, “If you say anything bad about Sabrina I will personally make sure you end up in the hospital, got that?” Applying pressure onto Bino’s shoulders forcing a yelp from the smaller dog, “Now, since you’re so against it, give me one good reason why a dog can’t love a cat.”

“They’re cats! What more reason do you need?” Bino was squirming trying to get away from Fido but had no success.

“So? What does being a cat have to do with anything?” Fido had more than enough to deal with as it was, so he had no intention of dealing with Bino any longer, “Look Bino I can’t stop you from doing whatever you want to do, but before you go out and do something you will probably regret remember you have your own relationship problems to deal with. It won’t be surprising when Sasha finally finds someone better.” As he released Bino he just turned and left. He didn’t want to be mean to Bino by saying all that, but he couldn’t think of any other way to get away.

Bino was just left there steaming; with Fido gone there wasn’t much he could do. Fueling his anger more was how Fido had treated him before he even said anything about that cat, and that fact that he had actually threatened him. Despite all this the only part repeating itself in his mind was what he said about Sasha, “No! He’s wrong,” he thought to himself as he started back to the clubhouse, “what does he know? He’s a cat lover!” With the paranoia finally getting to him, he changed directions and headed for Sasha’s house.

So I actually ment to post this earlier, but I kinda fell asleep early! Busy weekend left me all tired so I went to bed. So this update is a bit short sorry! But new comic has given me ideas so should be fun! Next update Friday, Enjoy!
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Can't wait to see what happens next! :mrgreen: I'm loving this fic.
Also:
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Great update Chris, this is getting good. :mrgreen:
valerio

Post by valerio »

WOW, the heat is on, and it's gonna be OK Corral for these two brothers.
And yes, it was about time Fido showed some grit with Bino! And methinks the younger brother is gonna be surprised when he'll try to ruin Fido' reputation...
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

valerio wrote: And methinks the younger brother is gonna be surprised when he'll try to ruin Fido' reputation...
And the end is result is, ya know.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

*Sighs* Brotherly love...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:*Sighs* Brotherly love...
can you feel the hate tonight..?
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

valerio wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:*Sighs* Brotherly love...
can you feel the hate tonight..?
Regarding how my brother and I get along...let's just say there are good times and bad times. -_-;

EDIT: This is completely off topic and I won't bring it up again. Sorry about that. :) *waits patiently for next segment*
Also:
ChristopherJackal

Knocking on Joey’s doghouse Fido was still a thinking of his confrontation with Bino. He shook his head to shove all thoughts aside; he had to focus on the here and now. “Joey, you in there?” He continued to knock until the door finally opened.

“Oh hey Fido,” Joey was rubbing his eyes appearing to still be half asleep as he opened the door, “What’s going on?”

“I need to talk to you about some things, can you walk with me?” Fido was trying not to sound too anxious.

“Hmm… Sure, let me just grab a scarf,” closing the door Joey grabbed his scarf and started to head out, “I’ll be back Squeak.” Closing the door behind him the two headed off. “So what’s going on? Can’t say I get many visits from anyone considered normal around the neighborhood.”

Fido just kinda rubbed the back of his head, “well to be honest, I wasn’t sure anybody else would be able to help about… this particular subject”

Joey has a slightly amused look on his face; it was becoming quite obvious why Fido came to him, “Is it safe to assume this is about a certain cat friend of yours then Fido?”

“Yeah actualy, she wants to…,” it took a while for the realization to finally sink in, “H-how did you know about Sabrina?” Fido was certain that up until a little while ago nobody knew about him and Sabrina.

“So her name is Sabrina then? Nice to put a name to a face finally! She’s very pretty, nice catch there Fido,” Joey had a big grin on his face, “to answer your question though, I dunno I guess I just kind of figured it out. It wasn’t hard to notice how often you went out of your way to pass her by whenever it was possible, so I figured there had to be something going on, besides you sometimes really smell like cat,” Joey’s smile faded into a more serious expression, “What I want to know is what is going on that you need to talk about it with me?”

Fido was amazed at how much Joey already knew, “Today is just full of surprises” he thought to himself, “Well the thing is Sabrina wants to tell everyone about us… and I’m kind of worried about how they’ll react, but I told her we will tomorrow at the Christmas party.”

Joey was now the one surprised, “That will not go over very well with Bino, you know that right? The rest of the dogs may not be too happy with you either.”

Fido just sighed, his argument with Bino was more than enough proof of that, “Believe me I know, that’s why I was wondering if you could help in any way. We'd really appreciate it.”

“There are not very many of us out there Fido, and even fewer who will be willing help, but I’ll see what I can do. It’s not going to be easy, but in the end I hope it’s worth it,” He was about to turn and leave when he remembered something, “Have you talked to Peanut? Bino called him a cat lover for a while right? If anything he’d be your best bet to help you.”

“Peanut?” Fido wasn’t too sure about talking to anyone else about everything, but if he was to trust anyone it ought to be Joey, “alright then that’ll be my next stop, Thanks Joey.” He gave him a big hug before turning to leave

“Not a problem, we’ll all meet back at my dog house tomorrow afternoon,” taking the opportunity during the hug Joey added in a hushed voice, “cat lover!” He walked away with a big smile.

The talk with Joey left Fido in a slightly better mood, he didn’t exactly like the term cat lover but he was more than likely going to hear it a lot more often. He looked up to the sky as he turned to head to the Sandwich’s house, noon was right around the corner and he still had a lot of stuff to do. Nervousness was creeping back into him as he walked to the door, “Please let Joey be right,” was the only thing he could think of as he knocked on the door.

A dark grey cat Fido didn’t recognize answered the door, “Why hello sugah, how may I help you?”

“Umm… I’m Fido one of the neighborhood dogs, I’m sorry I thought this was the Sandwich’s house.” He looked around a little confused, had he walked to the wrong house on accident?

The cat began to giggle a little bit, “Ya’ll city dogs are so cute, this is the Sandwich’s house hun, we’re just visiting for the holidays is all.”

Fido let out a sigh of relief, though the cats grin still made him slightly uncomfortable “Well I’m looking for Peanut, is he home? I need to talk to him.”

“Who’s at the door Rachel?” Grape appeared behind the cat to see who was at the door, “Fido what are you doing here? Would you just let him in Rachel?”

“Aww, I was just messin with him,” Rachel was pouting a bit as they entered inside, “sides he a cute dog!”

“Cute dog?” two more cats sprung up from lounging on the floor as Fido entered the living room.

Grape just shook her head and sighed as the three cats surrounded Fido almost immediately, “Fido this is Croissant, Panini, and Rachel,” she pointed to each as she went.

“Pleasure’s all ours” they said getting a started to get a little too close for Fido’s comfort.

Fido tried to back up a bit to put some space between him and the three cats, but they followed closely, “Is Peanut around Grape? I need to talk to him.” Part of him wanted a no so he could get out of there.

“Yeah, he’s in his room,” she pointed down the hall to one of the doors, “He’s probably working on his comic or something.”

“Alright, thanks!” Taking his cue to leave Fido headed to room as fast as possible. “Those cats are a little too friendly.”

“He’s bout as jumpy as Peanut aint he?” Panini, the dark orange cat, started to giggle, “We must visit more often, these city dogs are fun!”

Looking back to Grape, Croissant wanted to go out and look around, “Any other cute dogs around your neighborhood hun?” The three cats all had a big grin on their faces. “We’d love to meet them!”

As Fido entered the room he saw Peanut was hard at work on his comic at his desk at the far end of the room. Seeing he had his headphones on, Fido figured he didn’t hear him come in. “Hey Peanut I…” He lightly tapped him on the shoulder.

“AHH!” Peanut nearly feel out of his seat with a heart attack as Fido tapped on his shoulder. Taking a moment to relax and let his heart slow down again, he realized it was Fido with him, “Hi Fido, sorry I thought you were…”

“One of your cousins?” Fido finished for him, “Yeah I’ve met them, they’re a little… friendly”

Grape popped her head into the room, “hey Peanut, I’m taking our cousins to see the neighborhood, tell mom we’ll be back later.” There was a hint of annoyance in her voice, as she turned to leave the three cats followed giggling.

“Yeah… friendly…” Shaking his head to focus again Peanut realized Fido was visiting at his house, which isn’t exactly normal, “What’s going on? Is Bino mad at me again?”

“Well no, at least not yet anyhow,” he started rubbing his temples, “and it may be kinda my fault if he does.” Fido had to take a deep breath before he continued, “Bino may still think of you as a cat lover and he…”

Without thinking Peanut interrupted him, “Did he find out about you and Sabrina?” he immediately covered his mouth afterwards; he forgot Fido didn’t know that he knew, or that Grape knew for that matter.

“Wait, how did you already know?” Fido honestly wasn’t sure if he could take any more surprises for the rest of the day. “At this rate everyone already knows” he thought to himself, “Does anyone else know about us then?” Fido almost didn’t want an answer; he had already gone from nobody knowing, to two or more in less than an hour.

“Only Grape and I know, and we kinda saw you two the day you came back from the academy, I even took a picture of you two,” Peanut started blushing a bit, “but I lost it!” He added as he laughed nervously.

Fido started to pace around, he could deal with Grape knowing for now, “Well Sabrina and I are going to tell the neighborhood dogs at the Christmas party about us being together tomorrow, and I wanted to know if you would be on our side if things... turned ugly, though you may end up a social outcast afterwards if you do…”

Peanut wasn’t exactly great friends with most of the dogs in the first place ever since the whole cat lover thing started, so his decision wasn’t a very hard, “I’ll help out any way I can!” Peanut was excited, he had always wanted to be the underdog hero and this may be his chance. “Can I ask Grape to help?”

“Umm… Sure we will probably need as much help as we can get, we’ll all be at Joey’s dog house tomorrow afternoon,” Fido shook Peanut’s hand and gave him a hug, “I still need to help set up at the clubhouse, so thank you and I’ll see you then.” As he left Peanut’s room he had a smile on, despite Bino finding out earlier than planned, everything else seemed to be on track but could easily be a completly different story.

YAY update time, so I decided to have the barn cats in town for the holidays! Their mom had a little help in naming them if you hadn't noticed! Just in case it wasn't clear, the light brown one with orange spots is Croissant, the darker orange/ redish one is panini, and the grey one is Rachel (A variant of the Reuben.) Also I'd like to note Rufus stayed behind to watch over the farm animals! So no appearance for him! Ummm.. I think that's it... So yeah, Enjoy and comment!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

You should have used the names that Sinder gave them, but nevertheless a good update :D
(Now if only I could write something that does not involve action...)
Last edited by Private Elliot on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I agree with Elliot here, but yup! great update as usual. Hehe, Poor Fido, now it remains to be discovered that Fox knew as well and he goes facepalm to no end! :mrgreen:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Another great update! I can't wait to read the rest!

But I can't help but imagine that the situation will go like this:
Fido: Everyone! I am dating Sabrina!
Bino: You suck!
Everyone Else: Finally you admit it! We all already knew!
Bino: I am in shock now! Boy Sasha, I sure am glad you still like me!
Sasha: Sorry, I like King now!
Bino: Darn it.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

ctcmjh wrote:Another great update! I can't wait to read the rest!

But I can't help but imagine that the situation will go like this:

Bino: I am in shock now! Boy Sasha, I sure am glad you still like me!
Sasha: Sorry, I like King now!
Bino: Darn it.
Sadly, That is most likely true.
We haven't really seen Sasha and/or Bino do anything romantic in a loonnng time (i.e. since The Present arc)
But then again, this is the least likely scenario, canon-wise
lightwolf21

Post by lightwolf21 »

Nice touch, having the barn cats over for the holidays. :lol:
They're some of my favorite characters in the fan-fics. I think Rick could have done so much more with them in the comic...but there's always future arcs. ;)
I like where this story is going. :mrgreen:
Also:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

lightwolf21 wrote:Nice touch, having the barn cats over for the holidays. :lol:
They're some of my favorite characters in the fan-fics. I think Rick could have done so much more with them in the comic...but there's always future arcs. ;)
I like where this story is going. :mrgreen:
I agree.
Poor Fido, everyone he asks already knows. :D