Pet Friendly-Old OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!

Post by Buckdida »

Okay, I'm gonna make the post for this performance. It will take a while, but I think it'll be worth it. So hang tight, I'm gonna work.

EDIT: There. Done.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Wow, nice job on the song post :D
And I don't think I have ever seen that much onomatopoeia in my LIFE
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:One in teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
People are gay?
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Hey Missingo, while I enjoy your post.... that just doesn't sound like my character. "Trying to recreate the original"? I don't know about everybody else but that is not like Lucky. I'm fine keeping it for now, but just a note for the future. Thank you for tolerating this. ^^
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
BetaNeon

Post by BetaNeon »

There's an awfully few amount of pets here who smoke and I've never seen any HP! cast doing that.

And it's not just that thats throwing me off. Some plots are considerably dark, and some pets are so emotion bound that it's like watching a Shakespear play. Wasn't this supposed to be like, well, the actual webcomic?
Jack: S-6 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-5 A-5 L-8
Alex

Post by Alex »

BetaNeon wrote:There's an awfully few amount of pets here who smoke and I've never seen any HP! cast doing that.
Really?

I don't know, honestly, the smoking thing was just something I added out of boredom, it's nothing big. As for the emotions, could you specify which pets? What emotions? I don't really understand what you mean....
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Alex wrote:Really?
Revoked comic, doesn't count :3
But I'm thinking that even though this is based off of the same premise as Housepets, you really can't compare the two, since it's an individual story. The only connection that you could say this has to HP is that my character O'Connor met Fiddler in a noncanon fanfic. So, really, no connection.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Really, the only problem i see is that your saying TABACCO and CATNIP. Cat nip is not going to work with dogs, and the likelihood of Tabacco is very low in my mind, Either you would have to have a pack of mixed Cat nip and Anise both mingling in a package.

the reason i think this is because of Ricks G-rating, and thus Tabacco would most definitely not be it, but what ever. I'm just sayin' :P

Edited >___>
Last edited by Jimmy Jazz on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

what what? Jolly good time.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Really, the only problem i see is that your saying TABASCO and CATNIP. Cat nip is not going to work with dogs, and the likelihood of Tabasco is very low in my mind, Either you would have to have a pack of mixed Cat nip and Anise both mingling in a package.

the reason i think this is because of Ricks G-rating, and thus Tabasco would most definitely not be it, but what ever. I'm just sayin' :P

Tabasco??? smoking a hot sauce?

Did you mean Tobacco?
Attachments
Tabasco_sauce.jpg
Tabasco_sauce.jpg (109.21 KiB) Viewed 19185 times
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Kalvin wrote:Hey Missingo, while I enjoy your post... that just doesn't sound like my character. "Trying to recreate the original?" I don't know about everybody else but that is not like Lucky. I'm fine keeping it for now, but just a note for the future.
I made the statement based off of the performance post alone, which, for some reason I cannot properly put into words, distinctly gave me the impression of "trying to recreate the original." I'm sorry, I didn't mean to contradict your character's nature, but I only meant it as Rachel's opinion of how they played- not how they actually did.
Kalvin wrote:Thank you for tolerating this. ^^
I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS
RAGE

But really, Please do let me know if I do anything like that again, or if you have any other criticism for my posts.

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

BetaNeon wrote:There's an awfully few amount of pets here who smoke and I've never seen any HP! cast doing that.

And it's not just that thats throwing me off. Some plots are considerably dark, and some pets are so emotion bound that it's like watching a Shakespear play. Wasn't this supposed to be like, well, the actual webcomic?
It's called "looking more into reality." Or, at least that's what I'm calling it.

The comic is rated PG while the forums are rated PG-13. We're given that extra breathing room, so we're going to use it. Just as there are people who smoke, and people who dislike smoke in the world, there are people who smoke and dislike smoke in the world we created. I suppose that this comes from a need and want for us to build plot and develop characters with their own quirks and personalities.

Finally, the neighborhood our characters live in are in an entirely different neighborhood than Rick's cast of characters. Not only that, Rick's main goal is humor (he's promised to have a joke in every comic, no matter how the comic can get) while ours is to build a story and to interact with the other characters.

I think it can really be summed up with, "It's non-cannon."

But you can play your character however you want, whenever you want. Don't let what we're doing stop you from doing what you want to do. Heck, if you come up with something interesting for us to play off of, we'll go along with that story!
BetaNeon

Post by BetaNeon »

Buckdida wrote:It's called "looking more into reality." Or, at least that's what I'm calling it.
I'm one that would recolate that while being more realistic at a Rp thread is a genuine idea, I'm quick to remind myself that reality isn't all that great to escape from reality.

However, the thought of not being affected with this is warming enough so I'll bite.

thats right fear the vocab.
Alex wrote:As for the emotions, could you specify which pets? What emotions? I don't really understand what you mean....

...I forgot.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I think you missed my point a bit.

I'm saying we do what we're doing for the sake of character and plot development. I just used the first line as a lead in.

Truth is stranger than fiction, and all fiction is based off of reality in some way, shape, or form. Without reality, there is no fantasy. That and alternative realities are quite an interesting concept to play around in...

Anyway, what I'm doing in this RP is playing and acting as a pet in the world of housepets. Each and everyone of us have our own view on what that world is like and how it runs. If you'd like to show us your view in the RP, nobody's stopping you, and I'm eager to see what you come up with.

...or perhaps I missed the point you made. Who knows. Just write.
BetaNeon

Post by BetaNeon »

Buckdida wrote:Who knows. Just write.
I'll take that. :D
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:Cool Story, Bro
No, but seriously, I pretty much meant the same thing. Granted, I'm thinking character development doesn't necessarily need feral attacks, anti-gay riots, and angry guitar-playing cats who smoke (Alex), but when you're in an RP forum, those kind of things make the story all the more involved, which is a good thing in my opinion. Granted, I've been trying to avoid all that up 'til now, but only because I'm brand new at RP-ing.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Look, guys, if there's a problem with my characters, say it directly. I don't honestly know what could be that wrong so anyone would start a riot. However, if there is something that wrong with my posts, tell me, and I'll try to change it. If I fail, it's not hard for me to leave this forum.

Actually, yes it is. You guys are my friends.
Richarson Valley

Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Alex wrote:Look, guys, if there's a problem with my characters, say it directly. I don't honestly know what could be that wrong so anyone would start a riot. However, if there is something that wrong with my posts, tell me, and I'll try to change it. If I fail, it's not hard for me to leave this forum.

Actually, yes it is. You guys are my friends.
I was kidding, Alex. We all love you.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
BetaNeon

Post by BetaNeon »

THIS JUST IN

Second hand smoke dangerous to animals.

now imagine the effects of first hand smoking...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:non-cannon
up your typo-count, buck <3

first-hand smoke is healthier for you than second-hand. you don't get a filter second-hand.
and i reckon pets here are smart enough not to eat the butt

Edit: Wow. We need smoking theory 101 in here. Anyone ever heard of headspins?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alright, guys, STOP! You've started immediately thinking about health problems, and probably deaths, though you didn't mention it! I can't tell you how I REGRET adding this stupid little action to my pet! But whatever. Now it's too late to erase all the posts and start from the beginning. It's there. If you don't like it, don't write until this arc is done. I will probably mention it once in 10 pages from now on, maybe even never, so it won't affect you. Just.... stop.
Richarson Valley

BetaNeon

Post by BetaNeon »

Well, I didn't mean anything by it, I just found the article out of curiosity and thought I'd let people know. You don't have to get all defensive about it.

...wow, half that speech was of Avenue Q. I'm wondering when where gonna break into a song and dance routine.

((Avenue Q coming to Perth! :D ))
Alex

Post by Alex »

Kalvin, your last post kinda confused me.
Kalvin wrote:He steps outside just to hear the other cats speaking,
If you're talking about Rachel and Matthew, I'm pretty sure they're both dogs..... If not, then what cats?
Richarson Valley

Missingo

Post by Missingo »

Hey Kalvin- MY TURN :twisted:

Your post has Kalvin interacting with Matthew and Rachel (who are dogs) while they were outside, when I had already said that they had went inside and are now interacting with Alex and Amelia. I admit that I am partially at fault for not giving anyone an opportunity to interact with them while they were outside, and I apologize for that. Now, don't go changing your post- I've been waiting for an opportunity to have my characters interact with Lucky and don't want to pass this one up. Just be more cautious in the future.

Now, to fix this little issue I'm going to make my characters go back outside and act like Lucky talks to them then. If you have a problem with this, just let me know and I'll delete the post. Thanks for tolerating this =P

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Toboe

Holy crap, Toboe decides to RP

Post by Toboe »

name: Toast

species: Bunneh wabbit

gang: no.

--appearance--
Toast has a shiny, burnt red-orange fur coat, something like a well worn traffic cone, which seems to project a sense of danger just by being in his presence. He is short, and although he is very slender, his long orange fur gives him a slightly rounded (read fat) appearance.
Both of his front paws are dipped in white, as are all the paw-toes of his big flat back paws. His long, upright ears bend floppily only near the ends, which are also white around the bent tips. White also splashes his face in a spotty vertical stroke from his forehead to his nose.
From his white collar hangs a gray-pink lucky rabbit's foot.

--personality--
One of the first things you will notice about Toast upon is NOT that he is caring, loyal, sincere, and affectionate, even tho all these things are true. This is because you will instead be distracted by the fact that Toast is a bit paranoid, jumpy, and somewhat distrustful of strangers. He can be a bit cynical at times, and has a keen wit.
Like his adopted cat mother, Toast is a bit prideful and independant. And like his rabbit father, he is sensitive, social (once he gets to know you), and a bit skiddish (although he seems to have taken more than his fair share of this last trait of his father's).

--other notes--
Toast was only very recently moved in with his new human family.
Toast grew up with many brothers and sisters, but is currently an only pet, something that has left him lonely enough to actually go out and meet new pet neighbors.

STR 4

PERCEP 10

ENDUR 3

CHARIS 7

INTEL 9

AGIL 8

LUCK 2
Last edited by Toboe on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Ebly wrote:you're a geek tobes <3
Awaken as a Bear
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

i'm pretty sure cabbits don't exist in reality
at all
ever

ever.
you know i'm just going to go out on a limb right here and say it's genetically impossible for a cat and a rabbit to cross-breed.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Hmm.

Huh.

Ha.

Well, Cabbit, points for originality. But I'm gonna have to agree with Ebly on this one; genetically impossible.

Not sure when it happened, but apparently I'm GM for this while Brittles is gone. No Cabbits, because this is based in the HP world, and I don't think they've invented gene splicing yet. BUT you'll be happy to know that we don't have any rabbits yet...you could very easily be that!

The minimum stat allowed is 2; this is a rule that Brittles set. Even then, I'd advise you to look at Dijnn's posts; with his 2 luck, he has bad things happening to him every five minutes. Just saying. A stat three is far better than a two, unless you really want to play off that stat in your writing.

Glad to see you back again, Toboe!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

We can ask Rick for a ruling on cabbits.
there are, or may be griffins in housepets canon, at least Grape thinks so..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Woah
Woah
Woah

Hold up, I got this feeling like I was being kicked in the stomach around 2 am last night, I figured it was just cause I forgot to do my vocabulary, but now I know.

SOMEBODY IN HERE SAID TOAST.

You people... Wakin me up at 2 AM with yer mentioning of my favorite topic (followed closely by fire).
GET OFF MY LAWN.
Last edited by ToastyJester on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ToastyJester wrote:Woah
Woah
Woah

Hold up, I got this feeling like I was being kicked in the stomach around 2 am last night, I figured it was just cause I forgot to do my vocabulary, but now I know.

You people... Wakin me up at 2 AM with yer mentioning of my favorite topic (followed close by fire).
GET OFF MY LAWN.

Heh Heh Heh, Yea.. Fire is cool!!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ToastyJester wrote:Woah
Woah
Woah

You people... Wakin me up at 2 AM with yer mentioning of my favorite topic (followed closely by fire).
GET OFF MY LAWN.
O RLY? A name was mentioned, but I'm not sure anyone said that word.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Toboe

Post by Toboe »

Sorry about the numbers, I guess I didn't read the rules carefully enough. I noob things up.

And, re-reading the description, it kinda seems to me that the essential part is that it's a pet. I can totally change him to a rabbit, if you guys want me to, but it kinda seems unnecessary to me.
Awaken as a Bear
Alex

Post by Alex »

I wouldn't mind if it stays a cabbit, but I'd still like you to change it to a rabbit. I mean, their appearances should be similar, right?

Trust me, if you don't change it, people will start creating werewolfs and other non-existent creatures, and their excuse will be "So what, Toboe has a cabbit".
Richarson Valley

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Alex wrote:I wouldn't mind if it stays a cabbit, but I'd still like you to change it to a rabbit. I mean, their appearances should be similar, right?

Trust me, if you don't change it, people will start creating werewolfs and other non-existent creatures, and their excuse will be "So what, Toboe has a cabbit".
And nobody is allowed to use Pete as a counter example. Seriously, I don't know how the current arc will turn out, but no Griffins!

Fiction is based off reality, and in this case, I don't think Cabbits exist, because there is some measure of reality in this RP. Rick has said that the pets are natural to the world, and thus, weird genetic mutations that break the laws of biology can't really happen. And like I said, you don't need to be a hybrid to be unique; we don't have any rabbits and you can still make him act like a cat anyway, in his personality or something similar to that. There's always a way to work the rules while staying within them, Toboe!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Hey, Buck, just making sure, you know that Rav has started barking at Venison, thereby eliciting some kind of response, right?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Toboe

Post by Toboe »

Buckdida wrote:No Griffins!
ORLY?
Buckdida wrote:There is some measure of reality in this RP. Weird genetic mutations that break the laws of biology can't really happen.
But eye-glowing future-reading telekinetic witches are ok? =P
Ebly wrote:i'm pretty sure cabbits don't exist in reality
at all
ever
Needs moar pretend. =D

I'm just playing devils advocate at this point, I already changed it. =P
Awaken as a Bear
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Teh Brawler wrote:Hey, Buck, just making sure, you know that Rav has started barking at Venison, thereby eliciting some kind of response, right?
*Coughs*
There's a good reason why I tried to throw Venison into a tree; I've been particularly busy as of late. I've (somehow) managed to restrict myself from entering the IRC (I'll be back soon, I promise) but I really don't have much time for the RP posts, only OOC notes. Even then, that's pushing it...

To any of you out there: Do not attempt to do NaMoWriMo, an RP, creating a new RP, attempting to get Eagle Scout, college apps and raise grades at the same time. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY AUGH

(and @ Toboe: YAHRLY. It's more the idea that I think we all want people to create characters that are unique in personality, not appearance or special ability. There is only one Tarot; who gets to play her? And then we're all superpowered pets so that everyone is even, and it gets boring because there are no rules. I think that's the underlying fear here, so we're trying to nip it in the butt. It's just too bad that it had to be you! XD

Oh, and another thing...the pets CAN play pretend...:P...who says your cabbit can't be there? Like I said, there's always a way to work the rules.)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

not that it matter now.. but the question to rick on cabbits an his reply..

Keeshah

Message subject: RP species ruling question
Folder: Sent messages
Some one has shown up wanting to play a Cabbit.

A rabbit/cat hybred.
Given that there may be griffins, are cabbits possible in the housepet's world?

possibly as a lab cloning experiment, a sterile one off species?

rickgriffin

Message subject: Re: RP species ruling question
Folder: Inbox
What's wrong with a Jackalope!

Well anyway, it is not possible to have a naturally occurring cat/rabbit hybrid in Housepets.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Wait... I just got confused.

Jackalopes are bunnies with antlers, right?

They're not real, are they? :/
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

caelei wrote:They're not real, are they? :/
WHY? Why must you crush my dreams of catching a jackalope!?

One of these days I'm gonna PROOVE that jackalopes are real!
You'll see! You'll all see!

Anyways yeah I think Jackalopes are rabbits with antlers, the only time I've actually seen or heard of them was from that Scooby Doo movie with the aliens and the hippies.
And we all know that everything ever in Scooby Doo is real, so that's why I truly believe I can catch one, raise it, make it grow to be over 90 feet and then ride it through the cities, demolishing all the buildings that stand in his/her antlery ways.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ToastyJester wrote:WHY? Why must you crush my dreams of catching a jackalope!?

One of these days I'm gonna PROOVE that jackalopes are real!
You'll see! You'll all see!

Anyways yeah I think Jackalopes are rabbits with antlers, the only time I've actually seen or heard of them was from that Scooby Doo movie with the aliens and the hippies.
And we all know that everything ever in Scooby Doo is real, so that's why I truly believe I can catch one, raise it, make it grow to be over 90 feet and then ride it through the cities, demolishing all the buildings that stand in his/her antlery ways.
For us Texans, Jackalopes are practically part of the culture.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN