For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Saturn381

Re: Case: Housepets!-A Choose Your Own Adventure Game

Post by Saturn381 »

I say we go with option 7.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Champion Wallace wrote:Woo! Successful chain. It was only a chain of two but still, take your victories where you get them. So, the leaf on Maple's mug-shot in the first post wasn't her tag and is instead a birthmark or other fur marking because she has no collar. Interesting...
It seems like Maple's some sort of mob boss. The question now is is the mob made up of birds or other cats. I think we can trust Clover enough now to let up that we don’t know what’s going on with our alley cat. Additionally, I think it would be a bad idea to try to convince the others we haven’t lost our marbles when we don’t know the location of our marbles, so to speak (unless you’re confident in our smooth-talking ability). That being said, my current stance is 1. "What happened last night?"
Legotron123 wrote:1, then 2. Important to know what we did before we start making excuses for it.
Not A Furry wrote:1. Don't overuse the chaining
Hawkfang42 wrote:1.
Hawkfang42 wrote:1.
Buster wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:1, then 2. Important to know what we did before we start making excuses for it.
i'm with lego.
D-Rock wrote:...had to look that up and don't see the connection, but okay. Most I'm thinking to do is chain getting groomed and looking around. Problem is that I'm still wary of chains.
Naro Rivers wrote:I'm wary of chaining, too, but it would be fairly easy to ask what happened and then groom herself while getting the answer.
Render wrote:
Buster wrote:maple is clearly an isekai protagonist
Wikipedia wrote:Isekai (Japanese: 異世界) ( lit. "different world") is a subgenre of Japanese fantasy light novels, manga, anime, and video games revolving around a normal person being transported to or trapped in a parallel universe.
Ahm... what? Why do you think Maple's in/from a parallel universe?

Naro Rivers wrote:I'm wary of chaining, too, but it would be fairly easy to ask what happened and then groom herself while getting the answer.
That makes total sense. I'm with you. 1+6
------------------------------------

You continue to get ready for the day and groom yourself a bit, but make sure to cover the more pressing matter.

Maple: "...what did I do this time?"

Clover: W-well, a few claw marks on some of the boys here and there, a bit of unwanted attention from "Our Neighbors", and uh... well I'm no doctor but I think you broke Denim's nose...

Maple: "Why??"

Clover: Well, you...

Clover: Ya tried to quit again, lass...

Maple: ...

Clover: Look, ya know better than anyone that I've never wanted you gettin' into that stuff, but ya can't just force change like that! You've gotta take things in stide, Maple. One day we'll get you all sorted out, but for now you've got to find a balance. Don't become dependent, but don't push yourself away so fast. You'll make it, Maple. Heck o' all the lot we got 'round 'ere you of all cats are strong enough to get through this!

You feel like garbage again. Clean garbage, but garbage.
1) "I'll talk to the others..."
2) "'Second thing second'?"
3) "..."
4) Inspect
5) Head outside
ImageImageImageImage
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

First off, tried to quit what? Second, 2.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Oh, boy, controlling an addict. This won't be difficult at all. :|

I'd say let's press for more information. 2
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

I was thinking two than one
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I say we go with option 2.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

2 sounds good. Then 5 if we're doing that.

I wasn't really involved with the first story, why don't we want to chain too much?

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Might have partially caused the death of Bravo
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Ok, so Maple is either addicted to a substance like catnip or tried to leave her organization. Part of me wants to develop Maple as the quiet but serious type by going with option 3. However practically, I don't see that as being very productive. You know what, let's give some character to our character more so than just being a yes-man. My vote is for 3) "...". More information is normally best, but "'Second thing second'?" seems like a weird way to ask; I don't recall anyone saying "second thing second" a first time to prompt clarification.
Bandit1990 wrote:I wasn't really involved with the first story, why don't we want to chain too much?
From multiple places on page 11 of this thread put together:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:...you can only chain 2 to 3 options at max. However, you have to be SURE that that is the right thing to do, and a majority of people have to have done the exact same chain in that order for you to make it work. If you start abusing the chain option, or do it in a place that doesn't make sense, I'll start putting in minor penalties. The longer the chain, the bigger the risk... As for those who think the penalty for over or incorrectly chaining aren't much to worry about, you're not completely wrong, but sometimes those small penalties can hit you at the worst times, or stack up and make things really bad ;) But still, if you're SURE it's the right thing to chain in a given situation, by all means do it, as you can greatly benefit from being able to say 2 things in some situations. :D ...you'll be able to accumulate "Good Karma", it will allow you to have one free chain per point, or wipe any Karma you have accumulated. You can gain Good Karma by continuously not chaining while at neutral karma, getting through a combat scene mostly well or intentionally poorly, or by doing specific actions.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I'm going to be honest, Maple's relationship with Clover is an odd one. First impression, pretty much a jerk. But softened up REAL quick upon getting struck, even though it seems implied that this wasn't rare. And it was Maple's mental status that took a blow. Perhaps she's been going through withdrawals for a while now? It seems that now he actually cares about her. Maybe that initial scene was him trying to lighten the mood?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

I don't really know what's going on... Need more input... No 2 for me.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Hmm... I'm even more confused now. I think I'll abstain this round.

Side note, when you said "take it in [stride]", I think you meant "take it slow". To take something in stride means to "deal with something difficult or unpleasant in a calm and accepting way," according to the definition on Google, which can kind of make sense in this context, but not quite.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Wild mass guessing: Maple is the creature that attacked the brothers and is cursed a la Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde.

Also, 2
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Denabella

Post by Denabella »

Number 2. My friend Midnight and I are following this thing very closely right now, having only found it yesterday. We're all caught up and ready to play along.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

It's been over a month and a half since the last update, far from "at the very least once a week.". That's ok though, CHAOKOCartoons. I understand that there are multiple things diverting your attention and Case: Housepets! is far from the most important thing. If you don't have the time or don't feel like continuing with this, how about you get an assistant? I'm sure some of the players here would be happy to step up and help run this game.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

CTRL-ALT-DEL
End Task: Chaoko.exe
Run: Chaoko.exe
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Jobs that pay the bills came up for Chaoko. Plus, he's been working on developing his own IPs.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gainful employment - most often a sound decision!