Would You Rather?

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Buster
Game Master

Re: Would You Rather?

Post by Buster »

:x
Either way I have to sit through Twilight... so...
Eeny, Meanie, Miney, Moe...

Would you rather be a pizza, or a burger?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
AlyxVixen

Post by AlyxVixen »

PIzza.

WYR live in the Firefly Universe or the Star Wars Universe?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Both have oppressive governments, both have dangerous roving troublemakers, but last I checked Firefly didn't have planet-buster weapons in the hands of the morally questionable, so definitely that one.

Would you rather be chased by a horde of Reavers or Magog?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I don't know either of those so... Eenie meenie miney mo. Reavers!

WYR have a head the size of a ping pong ball or the size of a beachball?
(Bonus points if you say why!)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ping pong. Easier to fit through doors.

WYR be an Evangelion pilot or a Power Ranger?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Power ranger. Though I'll be threatened and nearly killed, there's a very small chance that I would actually die.
WYR plan the perfect senior prank or go to an amazing prom?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
AlyxVixen

Post by AlyxVixen »

Senior Prank.

Would you rather be transformed into a manatee or transformed into a spider?
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Manatee - less hate from the humans.

WYR be a werewolf who can't control outward changes or one who can't control mental changes (I.e, becoming a feral wolf in mind but not in body).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Physically unstable. You can't pass being psychotic off as a costume.

all things being equal, (Ie: all that changes is the aesthetics) WYR live in a steampunk distopia, or cyberpunk distopia?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

cyberpunk, I couldn't live without computers.

WYR live in a world without Star Wars or without Star Trek?

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Historically, removing starwars is relatively insignificant; we loose the introduction of the energy blade, a couple of game developers languish in obscurity, and a frankly overrated special effects company never exists, that's about it. Removing startrek on the other hand would undermine the entire scifi genre, and several key points in history. It's the reason Scifi productions are given proper budgets outside of theaters, the reason convention culture is a thing, it inspired the shuttle, and it repeatedly served as a vessel to drive home the value of accepting people regardless of race. and that's just the original series' accomplishments.

WYR experience being blind or deaf.
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

That's...really tough. I think maybe being blind. I hate the idea of anything creeping up from behind me, and though that would be a problem for both of them, with blindness I'd probably have a cane to beat them with. Plus, I can't go without music.
WYR only listen to an annoying song for the rest of your life, or never again hear your favorite song?
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Never hear my favorite song again. My favorite song seems to change every couple of months, so I'll be over the loss soon anyways.

WYE have to binge every piece of media from the Star Trek Franchise in less than a month, or the entirety of the web serial Worm in less than a day?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm. Star Trek. I don't like bugs.

WYR be turned into a snail or an earthworm?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

(have fun not sleeping for that whole month then roo. he said media, not episodes or movies. that means the licensed works probably count too, and they've been going non-stop since the 70s.)

Snails have better defenses. also, if it's the right kind of snail, i can get as big as a lunchbox. a worm cant do that.

WYR be launched into space to explore the stars for the rest of your days, or be dropped in a mini-sub to explore the deepest ocean depths for the rest of your days?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Space, what kind of question is that?

WYR eat one single big meal each day or constantly eat tiny bits of food
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Big. My stomach is an eternal black hole, whose hunger can never be quenched.

WYR have tea with Cthulhu, or go grocery shopping with Slenderman?

Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

WYR eat a hamburger or drink coke underwater?
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Drink coke.

Would you rather :

Option A: At the first of every month, you are magically teleported onto an airplane and you aren't sure exactly where its headed. Regardless of the destination, you must stay in the state or country for a month before the cycle repeats itself again.

Option B: At the first of every month, you are given a random animal to keep as a pet. The animal can range from a cat or dog to a tiger or cape buffalo. By the end of the month, the animal magically disappears and the cycle repeats itself for the next month.

Both options are for the rest of your life.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

B, I'd rather take care of a buffalo than literally never have a life.

WYR have your dog become self-aware and able to speak or have to spend a week as a regular ol' dog
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Not A Furry wrote:B, I'd rather take care of a buffalo than literally never have a life.

WYR have your dog become self-aware and able to speak or have to spend a week as a regular ol' dog
Since I don't own a dog, I have no choice but to choose the second option. Explaining it to my work would be easier said than done, though.

Would you rather:

Option A: You open up Google Maps and drop the little man on Street View. A "teleport" option pops up with a Yes/No box. Click yes and you instantly teleport to that place for free and are safely placed on a sidewalk away from traffic. You can easily explore the world this way as long as the place has street view. However, you'll need to walk to the nearest place with free Wifi to teleport back home. Also, if you get too adventurous, you could wind up in a dangerous ghetto or a desolate highway miles from civilization. You'll have to be careful with this gift.

Option B: You can breathe and walk underwater as if its air. You're immune to drowning and crushing pressure so you can freely explore the bottom of lakes and oceans. However, you still get tired and need to eat. Also, you can still be attacked or killed by the wildlife that lives underwater like gators, sharks or anything with a venomous stinger.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

A, definitely A. I'd love to be able to teleport around and visit people IRL with just a mouseclick. I don't think it'd be too inconvenient to fine some internet connection to get back home. It would be even better if I could use my own data for the connection. xD

Exploring the sea wouldbe nice, but it's pretty dark down under water... xD And I really don't want to be eaten by whatever if waiting there.

WYR have a free and fast mobile internet connection that you can't use at home or a free and fast connection at home while the other one is expensive and slow on both options?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

I almost never use the Internet on anything but my PCs, so mobile connections are worthless to me either way. make that wifi, though and it'd be option b.

would you rather be a shark or a falcon?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Absolutely Falcon.

Would you rather be able to breath underwater or swim in thin air? (With all the social implications such as people wanting to kill you and make experiments with you et all)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

being able to breathe under water has more practical uses, does not rely on a skill that takes regular exercise to maintain, and is easier to conceal.

would you rather be thrown back in time and trapped in ancient rome or ancient china?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Ancient rome for sure. I'd love to see the past glory of their architecture and culture and document it propperly for future historians.

WYR eat raw chicken or carbonized meat (Like, actually carbonized, not just a metaphor)
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

I'll have to carbonated meat. Would you rather:

Option A: Brush your teeth with an emery board
or
Option B: Use poison ivy as toilet paper
TicoTaco

Post by TicoTaco »

option A you wont have to deal with infection

WYR
A:Break your laptop?

B: Eat up a vinyl disk?
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

my laptop is a 9 year old budget model that already has a chunk missing out of it's screen, a bad fan, broken onboard camera, a processor that can't seem to go above half power anymore, broken hinges, and several sections where the paint has worn off. i doubt i'd notice even more damage.

WYR cause the world to go back to using those brick shaped 'mobile' phones the size of briefcases?

or, cause the world to go back to using 5.25in floppy disks as their main storage media?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

The world would pretty much turn into anarchy if we had to process data that way, so A.
WYR be asleep or awake the rest of your life?

And I always forget to do the second part -.-
Deske

Post by Deske »

Awake. Could get so much more done if I was constantly awake. Wouldn't feel bad about wasting a little time.

WYR be constantly exhausted or in a constant state of panic.
Douglas Collier

I'm already kind of in the first one. Panic would lower my quality of life.

WYR have a nauseous stomach for a day or be congested for a week?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Douglas Collier wrote:I'm already kind of in the first one. Panic would lower my quality of life.

WYR have a nauseous stomach for a day or be congested for a week?
Congested for a week. I've dealt with it before. Would you rather:

Option A: Have the world's population replaced by clowns
or
Option B: Have the world's population replaced by mimes
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Mimes are less creepy.

live in a somehow modern world that has fire but not electricity

or

live in a somehow modern world that has electricity but not fire

and, no, you're not allowed to 'fix' either of them.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Buster wrote:Mimes are less creepy.

live in a somehow modern world that has fire but not electricity

or

live in a somehow modern world that has electricity but not fire

and, no, you're not allowed to 'fix' either of them.
Electricity. I'm too much of an internet addict and I could always use blankets for warmth.

Would you rather:
Option A: Have the head of a cat and speak normal English
or
Option B: Look like a normal human but you can only make cat noises
Douglas Collier

Would you rather smell like a dog all the time, or have to clean yourself with your tongue?
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Douglas Collier wrote:Image

Would you rather smell like a dog all the time, or have to clean yourself with your tongue?
Smell like a dog. Would you rather legally change your name to:

Option A: Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
or
Option B: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

You know quoting someone when there's only been one post is redundant right?

Also the first one I can shorten to Bea as a nickname, so it's slightly less stupid. Slightly.

WYR spend the rest of your life condensing every sentence you say into a barely pronounceable acronym, or just never talk again?
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

As long as I can write, I'd rather stop talking. Nobody would be able to understand me and I couldn't say it in a better way otherwise...

WYR live in the Desert or in the Arctic?
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Douglas Collier

I already live in the desert. :P

WYR become a German shepherd or a dalmatian?