Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Spheniscine

Re: Housepets! Forum Roll to Dodge Game

Post by Spheniscine »

*grumbles, enters "Yes" for the unanswered question, then enters the elevator*
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

*I start to play around with small, stable balls of fire moving the around in my hand*

This elevator is starting to bore me.
Sent from my conifer.
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

(You expected constant updates on weekdays? "TOO BAD IT'S ME SCHOOL")
~~~
Brent: [FREE] What an odd group.

Lyze: [5] It steals $1.00 from everyone, JEEEERK.

Aqua: [FREE] It's whirring, at least.

Rufasa: [Not Applicable] Must've been your, ah, imagination.

Reima: [FREE] It's round. But the people are weird, none the less.

Yehoshua: [Not Yet] You're bored, so you imagine that you can control fire. It passes time.

Spheniscine: [FREE] You do so, and in an undetected manner.
~~~
After seemingly a day of waiting, a voice noises from the intercom. The Warp Chamber will now take each of you to a special Preparation room. Please stand by. After a flash of light, you immediately fall on the floor. After getting up, you see a table and walk up to it. On the table is a machine and three decks of cards. The voice appears again. Please take the machine on the table place it on your arm as if it were a shield, then draw one card from the sword deck, one from the shield deck, and one from the book deck. After this, you will be given further instructions.
~~~
STATUS

Spheniscine
$5.00
---
Flint
$4.00
---
Esko
$4.00
---
Aaron Mio
$4.00
---
Aqua
$4.00
---
Yehoshua
$4.00
---
Archy
$4.00
---
Lyze
$13.00
---
Rufasa
$4.00
---
Brent
$4.00
Last edited by dynaslash on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[04:08:26] <+Dynaslash> Schrodinger's GIANT ROBOT
[04:08:54] <+Frooxius|Busy> (for sore throat and common cold and souch)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

action:do as I'm told like a good little boy. and think that the computer got me here by thinking with portals. and am now suspicious that the computer will be another GLaDOS. and am now bored and want whatever is happening to happen faster. but I'll be wary of any promises of cake.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"This is interesting" I say to myself, approaching the table. At first I simply examine the machine and the cards for evidence of traps and perhaps their purpose. After finding nothing, I slip on the machine and proceed as directed.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Well I suppose I have no other choice, I'll play along... for now.

*does as instructed*

side note: I actually do imagine I control fire to pass time :)
Last edited by yehoshua on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my conifer.
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Action:
He places the machine around his arm, then selects the middle card from each deck. He then sits down patiently, not even attempting to examine the cards, leaning his head from side to side, and observes the room for more detail.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I should draw 3 cards from the book deck instead, since I am a wizard and all but whatever!

Action:
I do as instructed. Also: Curiosity.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Silenlty questions the purpose of this ,but he does not expect the computer to give him any real information.

Action: He equips the machine as menchion and takes a card from each duck, BUT he tries to sneak and extra card from the sword deck.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Reima

Post by Reima »

Action: I equip the machine and fan out the cards, taking the three that look the most interesting to me. I then take a quick tour of the room trying to find anything interesting...
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.
"
~Clarence Darrow
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

Brent: Your Swords Card (SwC) is... [6] Fake Drakatana. It may look incredibly awesome and lethal, but it's a toy.
Your Shields Card (ShC) is... [1] Tattered Cloak. It's not very protective, plus it gives a -2 to dodge rolls.
Your Books Card (BC) is... [2] Dragon's Heart. It offers a very weak healing effect, but repeating the incantation has a chance of multiplying the effect.

Archy: Your SwC is... [3] Ember Gloves. They're weak, but they can throw small fireballs without draining your Magic, and they burn when you punch things. Subpar for the type of weapon.
Your ShC is... [2] Cindering Wooden Shield. It looks like it'd break easily.
Your BC is... [5] Grand Flare. It launches a large-ish fireball that seeks enemies at a high speed. Because of it's range and homing ability, it's got a below average strength.

Yehoshua: Your SwC is... [4] Flame Shot. It's a glove that shoots a fireball, but it's slow to charge.
Your ShC is... [6] False Flames. It looks like burning armor, but it's really just a cloth shirt enchanted to make it look burny and can guard you.
Your BC is... [1] Selfdestruct -5. It's a weak explosion that knocks you unconsious. Worst is it doesn't discriminate between friend and foe.
(Who hasn't at one point? Fire is cool.)

Rufasa: Your SwC is... [6] Inferno Cutlass. The flames hurt your hand, and it's dull. It looks cool, though.
Your ShC is... [3] Damaged Solar Guard. It's shaped like a sun, and would probably be pretty good if it wasn't so beat up.
Your BC is... [2] Firecracker Spark. It's a weak spark of electricity that explodes with the force of a firecracker. AKA a trope.

Aqua: Your SwC is... [5] the Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling. It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Your ShC is... [1] a Wet Jacket. Not much to say, except it's heavy and inflicts a -1 penalty to dodge rolls.
Your BC is... [5] Spiral Wave. A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius. You may now proceed to hate his luck.

Lyze: Your SwC is... [3] an Old Moogle Doll. It's slow, and weak, but it has a 50% chance of causing the Old status effect.
Your ShC is... [1] a Black Chocobo Costume. The beak, it does nothing. Nor do the claws. You can stop yourself in mid-air for a second, but it's mainly worthless.
Your BC is... [1] Red Orb. It throws a fluffy red ball. You can feel sorry for him now.
THIEF ROLL: [2] You manage to touch the deck before it disappears.

Esko: HOLD IT! No choosing your favorite! It's not fair then!
Your SwC is... [4] the Dust Devil Dagger. It can be thrown as a boomerang, but it's weaker then. But it also drags items to you!
Your ShC is... [6] the Flight Boots. They make you go zoom, but you'll likely crash. And by "likely", I mean "guarunteed". A -1 to dodge rolls.
Your BC is... [1] Scarf. It's not even cool-looking. It's the opposite of that. A penalty of -1 to looks rolls.
~~~
Spheniscine
$4.00
---
Flint
$4.00
---
Esko
$4.00, cards
---
Aaron Mio
$4.00
---
Aqua
$4.00, cards
---
Yehoshua
$4.00, cards
---
Archy
$4.00, cards
---
Lyze
$14.00, cards
---
Rufasa
$4.00, cards
---
Brent
$4.00, cards
exranio

Post by exranio »

After examining his card's Lyze realizes too have the upper hand he will need more.

Action: Lyze tries to convince the computer that his Moogle needs a device and cards as well. "Dear computer my mute companion is a live participant as well. For him to have a greater chance of survival he will need the same opportunities as the rest of us."

OOC:As useless as you try to make it sound being able to stop in midair has many good opportunities.
Last edited by exranio on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Aaron Mio looks towards everybody , and bites his lips.

Action: He uses the sheer power of his mind to create these cards that everybody seems to want.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I say "this does not bode well if I have to use these things. *Censored*. though this sword looks totally awesome."

action: search the room for any hidden compartments with useful items within them.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

[4] Flame Shot. It's a glove that shoots a fireball, but it's slow to charge.
Your ShC is... [6] False Flames. It looks like burning armor, but it's really just a cloth shirt enchanted to make it look burny and can guard you.
Your BC is... [1] Selfdestruct -5. It's a weak explosion that knocks you unconsious. Worst is it doesn't discriminate between friend and foe.

Well than, I'm going to have to make due.

Action: examines the room for some sort of exit
Sent from my conifer.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Well, I've gone in with less" I say to myself, looking around and expecting an exit to appear. I consider to give a command for an exit but the odds are stacked against me.

With nothing better to do, I grab what I have been given and stand there waiting for something to happen. Nothing better to do.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hey! Neat! It is not my usual stuff, but still neat! ... Except for this wet jacket! I mean, what? I am going to fix this!

Action:
I insert the Shield Card "Wet Jacket" into the machine! (That means I am using/summoning it now)

Cards wrote:Sword Cards
The Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling: It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Shield Cards
Wet Jacket: Not much to say, except it's heavy and inflicts a -1 penalty to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Spiral Wave: A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

*Comes from a separate room to the side with one of those Card disk things on hand already, but without any cards upon it.*
"Umm, uhh....what is going on here?"
*Sees everyone gathered around a deck of cards*
"Umm......"
*Observes everyone drawing cards off of a deck and follows the trend and does the same.*

Action Thingy: Try to obtain information of what is going on.
Reima

Post by Reima »

dynaslash wrote: Your SwC is... [4] the Dust Devil Dagger. It can be thrown as a boomerang, but it's weaker then. But it also drags items to you!
Your ShC is... [6] the Flight Boots. They make you go zoom, but you'll likely crash. And by "likely", I mean "guarunteed". A -1 to dodge rolls.
Your BC is... [1] Scarf. It's not even cool-looking. It's the opposite of that. A penalty of -1 to looks rolls.
Neat!
I really like the look of the dagger and the boots (however unstable they may be) and the scarf, while hideous, is not the worst possible thing I could have gotten.
Overall, I am pretty happy with my cards.

Action: I look around the room to see if there are any random things that might be of interest. Exposed wires, tubes, doors, random objects that would be fun to collect. "With such an elaborate set-up there has to be something of value here aside from a card game," I think.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.
"
~Clarence Darrow
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

Exranio: [5] You did it, but in the end, a walking doll can't do much.
[3] Defective Moogle Bomb. It'll probably explode before it's thrown, or not go off at all.
[3] Broken Moogle Helmet. Not much bonus to wearing half a helm, sorry to say. +0.5 to dodge rolls.
[1] Anole's Scale. +0.5 to dodge rolls.

Aaronmio: [6] You make them, but the machine rejects them. 'Sides, you're in a room with no enterances or exits. Then you decide to draw the three cards.
SwC: [4] Yami no Setsudan. A largish sword that has a weird writing in red on it. Coupled with the black metal, it looks cool.
ShC: [4] Aku Keimu. An average-sized shield, with the same red writing on black metal motif as the sword.
BC: [1] Ji Bai-Da. Sacrifice half your health to deal damage to the enemy equal to 1/4 of their maximum health.

Brent: [6] nope nothing but wallsquares

Yeshohua: [4] There are none.

Razgriz: [2] You can't stay still.

Aqua: [FREE] The machine eats the card like an ATM, then ejects a blank card. Weirdness.

Flint: [1] You just get more confused. Plus, there's noone to ask questions. It's just an empty room with a table, you, and a trio of decks. They look shiny, and they probably don't belong to anyone else.

Reima: [1] You see a grid bug. But it's actually a table. No, it's an elemental! Nope, table.
~~~
Spheniscine
$4.00
---
Flint
$4.00
---
Esko
$4.00, cards
---
Aaron Mio
$4.00, cards
---
Aqua
$4.00, cards
---
Yehoshua
$4.00, cards
---
Archy
$4.00, cards
---
Lyze
$14.00, cards
---
Rufasa
$4.00, cards
---
Brent
$4.00, cards
Last edited by dynaslash on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"so when does the blue portal open up and take me to testing chambers?"
action: I kick the table over to take out my frustration.
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

This wait is so tedius
*tries to calm down, maybe sleep*
Sent from my conifer.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

So, I am going to have to act. Let that be then, I examine my surroundings for something or anything of value or indication to the purpose of my presence here or to assist me in the future. Panels on the walls, floor tiles and everything in reach is closely examined, even the table.

"Whoever is regulating this experiment," I say, "I wish to move onto the next process or component or receive further instruction. There appears to be little to no point in my continued presence here as it is."
Reima

Post by Reima »

Action: I place my hands in my pockets while looking at the cards on the table, and notice I only have 4 dollars. After pondering where the other dollar went for a little while, I ask the computer if it knows what happened to it.

"Computer, when this weird game began, you gave each person a sum of $5 to spend on as-of-yet unmentioned things. We have been given no chance to make any use of this money; yet, I seem to only possess four of these dollars. You wouldn't happen to know where the fifth dollar went would you?"
"
~Clarence Darrow
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

dynaslash wrote:Aqua: [FREE] The machine eats the card like an ATM, then ejects a blank card. Weirdness.
What!? Where is my wet jacket!? Gosh, is this thing even working?

Action:
I try to get the wet jacket appear or determine if something's wrong with the machine.
Reima wrote:"Computer, when this weird game began, you gave each person a sum of $5 to spend on as-of-yet unmentioned things. We have been given no chance to make any use of this money; yet, I seem to only possess four of these dollars. You wouldn't happen to know where the fifth dollar went would you?"
Wait! You are right! I only have $4 now! I could have sworn that I had $5 when I woke up!
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Action:
He blinks at the others' remarks, and notes that he has $4.00 from which he had none, so he thought. He makes a barrel roll.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
exranio

Post by exranio »

Lyze ignores the monetary remarks of the others and thinks of anything else he can do to win the upperhand. Who is the most valueble asset? He thought to himself. He deamns that Reima and Archy are have the most powerful cards. Sense he has only talked to Reima he floats his way over to talk.

"Hey Reima, may I ask what you did before you got here? I believe there may be some connection between us if we found a common ground between us all."

ACTION: listen for any sounds that could indicate something.
FlintTheSquirrel

(I guess by your response, I am still separated from all the others? Ohh well. ^^; Kinda prefer it that way for now if that is alright.)

Action: Tries to ask around in a louder voice if anyone is there and if they dropped something. No Answer. So being as unaware as he is, he grabs at the whole Shield deck to investigate what it is.
Reima

Post by Reima »

dynaslash wrote:The Warp Chamber will now take each of you to a special Preparation room.
dynaslash wrote:

...Plus, there's noone to ask questions. It's just an empty room with a table, you, and a trio of decks.
OOC: I think everyone is in separate rooms right now, so we can not see, hear, or speak to each other.
I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered.
"
~Clarence Darrow
exranio

Post by exranio »

OOC:Well it wasn't very obvious then Sense we all thought we were in the same room. Or at least it seemed that way.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

OOC: I was imagining us in an empty room since we got to this one anyway, it does seem like we're all in small sepperate rooms but that's just me.
Sent from my conifer.
Reima

Post by Reima »

OOC: Yeah, I'm honestly not really sure since it wasn't specified, but thought I'd put it out there since it seemed like dyna was hinting at it.
"
~Clarence Darrow
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

dynaslash wrote:The Warp Chamber will now take each of you to a special Preparation room. Please stand by.
OOC: That's the hint that made me think they were sepperate rooms. "Each of you to a special preperation room". I know it's not a good hint but it's the first thing that came to mind.
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

OOC: yeah, that's how I interpreted it. unless the walls are thin and we can hear through them, all these conversations with others and realizing that the money is missing(other than the Reima who realized on his own) shouldn't be happening.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

(Well, might as well make this work, at this point.)
~~~
Suddenly, with a deafening "bang", the walls vanish, and you see other rooms that seem to have been similar to the room you wre in before it exploded into a bigger room. And all to fill in a hole. That you guys made.
~~~
Brent: You've activated your trap card: Flipping the Table! [1] But it's a part of the ground. It's also metal. [4] Your shoes absorb the blow, though.

Yehoshua: [6] You managed to sleep through the walls exploding. But it isn't comfy.

Razgriz: [FREE] A voice appears over the intercom. Simply insert the cards into the machine. The immersion will start as son a everyone has scanned their cards.

Aquablast: [2] It beeps "lolnope" at you in morse code.

Rei/Aqu: what money i dont see any money nope

Dalone: [1] You find it too normal to blink at. And you left your notepad at home.

Exranio: [6] You SUPER HEAR nothing.

Flint: [6] You grabbed the whole deck. You really did. And then, all but one vanishes. But, the other two look shiny, too...
~~~
Spheniscine
$4.00
---
Flint
$4.00, a card
---
Esko
$4.00, cards
---
Aaron Mio
$4.00
---
Aqua
$4.00, cards, a blank card
---
Yehoshua
$4.00, cards
---
Archy
$4.00, cards
---
Lyze
$14.00, cards
---
Rufasa
$4.00, cards
---
Brent
$4.00, cards
FlintTheSquirrel

*Jumps back and crouches on all 4s once the rest of them fade away, as it is far from normal to see...... After a few seconds, he felt safe enough to get back up, he slowly moved to the table again, careful not to cause anything bad to happen, but then a loud boom noise rang through the room.*

Action: Grab the rest of the two stacks and cower underneath the table.
exranio

Post by exranio »

(Repeats thoughts and actions from previous post rp post)
and he loads his cards
Last edited by exranio on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

dynaslash wrote:Aquablast: [2] It beeps "lolnope" at you in morse code.
Did you mean "no, there is something wrong with the machine" or "no, there is nothing wrong with the machine?"
dynaslash wrote:Razgriz: [FREE] A voice appears over the intercom. Simply insert the cards into the machine. The immersion will start as son a everyone has scanned their cards.
Ooookaaaay, why didn't it say so in the first place?

Action:
Insert my other two cards too!

Cards wrote:Sword Cards
The Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling: It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Shield Cards
Wet Jacket: Not much to say, except it's heavy and inflicts a -1 penalty to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Spiral Wave: A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"so, we just scan the cards? alright."
action: I scan in my cards.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Of course, nothing is going to be easy" I say to myself and then quickly swipe the cards through. When it comes to the last one, which I imagine to hurl a fireball, I keep my device aimed at the ground ahead just to be sure no one is unneccessarily injured by it.