Housepets! Forum Roll to Dodge Game

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

razgriz

Re: Housepets! Forum Roll to Dodge Game

Post by razgriz »

[3] Ember Gloves. They're weak, but they can throw small fireballs without draining your Magic, and they burn when you punch things. Subpar for the type of weapon.
[2] Cindering Wooden Shield. It looks like it'd break easily.
[5] Grand Flare. It launches a large-ish fireball that seeks enemies at a high speed. Because of it's range and homing ability, it's got a below average strength.
[2]: Smoldering Shoulderpads. A bit fragile.
[4] Fire-Guard Shoulderpads, [6] Toy Gun

CASH: $4.00
I examine my cards, they seem useless really, but they're something. I quickly tuck the cards away and run towards the sound of flint's screaming. Something bad is probably happening.
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

WASTELAND
Mana: [1] Seems like a good vacation spot.
~~~
FOREST
Aqua: [2] A fish of some sort? Seems you were mistaken. Oh well.

Flint: [6] That tiny bug is the least of your concerns, as you just bumped into a pair of Large Silverfish about half as tall as you. They seem angry...

Razgriz: [4] You arrive in time to see a pair of bugs closing in on Flint.
~~~
TOWN
Loom: (Got cards: [3] "Battered Leather Armor", [2] "Static") (Card capacity up! 20 to 25!) As you pay for the armor, you see Brent grabbing a shield. You decide it might be a good idea to follow him for a bit.
~~~
ENEMIES
Large Silverfish - Unharmed (100/100), Forest
Large Silverfish - Unharmed (100/100), Forest
[04:08:26] <+Dynaslash> Schrodinger's GIANT ROBOT
[04:08:54] <+Frooxius|Busy> (for sore throat and common cold and souch)
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Mana: 5.00
-SwC: [2] Jammed Cupcake Tosser. Has a bit of ice blocking it's path. It doesn't throw cupcakes very far...
-ShC: [2] Mostly-Melted Ice Cream Shield. It's soft. And slippery. (-1 to defend rolls.)
-BC: [2] Cupcake. It doesn't do much. Maybe it could be a distraction?

Already miles into the wasteland, I scrap melting ice out of the tosser and pop chunks into my mouth. I stay away from starvation by eating my cupcake, it tastes like blueberry.

Action: With my shirt wrapped over my head and the sun scorching the ground like a hot skillet, I keep traveling hoping to find adventure or a safe haven.
loomCAT

Post by loomCAT »

"Oh, hi there!" I call out to Brent, recognizing him as another player. "You about done here? We should probably head out to another area soon if we want to figure out what this 'game' is all about."
Cards:

[6] Hurricane Sword. The wind it generates makes it hard to use.
[2] Breeze Armlet. It's about as good at defending against things as the wind is at moving rock. Which is not very.
[3] Battered Leather Armor An unspectacular set of armor. Well worn.
[2] Static. Seems to be a basic lightning elemental spell.
[5] Tornado. Summons a tornado that damage enemies repeatedly. (Up to 3 hits.)

Map Card

19 Card Slots Remaining

$0.21

Additional Inventory: None

razgriz

Post by razgriz »

[3] Ember Gloves. They're weak, but they can throw small fireballs without draining your Magic, and they burn when you punch things. Subpar for the type of weapon.
[5] Grand Flare. It launches a large-ish fireball that seeks enemies at a high speed. Because of it's range and homing ability, it's got a below average strength.

I run at the giant bugs, using my Grand Flare, I aim to hit one and throw it into the other. As I continue to close in, I throw fireballs with my Ember Gloves at them and once within range to touch them, begin punching with the gloves. All out attack.

Whenever one attempts to attack me, I jump back or roll out of its way. Should either of these be insufficient, I use my shield.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Lyze:Fluffy red ball/ Black Chocobo costume/ Old Moogle
Moggy: Broke Mog Helm/ Defective mog bomb/ Anoles Scale

Lyze determines that Reima isn't waking up and in fact may be dead. Lyze decides to head to town with but his moogle companion.
"Too the shops?"
"...."
"To the shops it is."

Lyze Purchases items for himself and the moogle's eqipment. (Sense the moogle has his own device and stuff that should mean he gets 20 and I get 20. Hurray for convinving the computer that moogle was enough of a being to get his own device)
Lyze- armor [R] $1.30, weapon -[R] $1.10, and 3 [R] spells in Lightning, Ice, and Nothingness (can nothingess be an element please)
Moggy- Leather armor .80 and a [R] weapon 1.10
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

o.o........ "Why must this stuff always happen to me!?!" ;-;

Action: Run up a tree and hide. ;-;
Inventory wrote:$4.00

Sword Cards
Acorn Caps: They're pretty fragile, and the shape leaves some to be desired in speed.
Shield Cards
Airy Armor: It's pretty decent. +1 to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Gust: A simple puff of air.
Health Pass: Deals light damage to a foe, then heals the player of your choice.
Last edited by FlintTheSquirrel on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:"AHH!" *A large shreak echos through the forest*
"Wait, screaming?"

Action:
I attempt to get to the source of the shriek, which is Flint.

Sword Cards
The Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling: It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Shield Cards
Damp Jacket: It offers no penalties or benefits.
Book Cards
Spiral Wave: A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius.
Bubble: Sub-par. May slow enemies.
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

WASTELAND
Mana: [4] You manage to scrape out enough ice to both quench your thirst, and unjam your weapon, turning it into a Cupcake Cannon. [2] However, you fail to conjure a cupcake.
~~~
TOWN
Loom: [WAITING] He seems to be awfully focused on that shield.

Lyze: (Anything you can think of can be an elemet. Even things like Mackrel.) (Get cards: [5] "Grand Leather Armor", gives +1 to dodge and defend rolls. [3] "Battered Sword". [5] Voltstroke, has a chance of shocking an enemy, dealing extra electric damage. [5] Soul Drain, deals cold damage, restores magic, and heals wounds. [2] Blank Bolster, gives a minor boost to a random stat.) You see Loom trying to talk to Brent, the latter of which is incredibly focused on the shield.
~~~
FOREST
Razgriz: [2] Your spell fizzles, [4] the Ember Gloves do decent damage at a distance, [2] but fail at close range. -20 Magic, 15 damage to Giant Silverfish 1!

Flint: [3] You climb the tree, but a branch snags you. You're mostly out of the bug's reach.

Aqua: [2] You find nothing. Curse this forest and it's odd echoing properties! ...properties! ...properties!
-
Giant Silverfish 1: [1] It rushes at Archy, but hits a tree! 6 damage! It becomes dizzy from the impact!

Giant Silverfish 2: [4] It attempts to tackle Archy!
-Dodge: [4] But Archy gets out of the way!
~~~
Razgriz: 75/75 HP, 80/100 MP

Giant Silverfish 1: 79/100 HP, Dizzy (-1 to rolls)
Giant Silverfish 2: 100/100 HP, No Status
===
please remind people who are playing to visit
Last edited by dynaslash on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

inventory: [3] "Short Sword", [2] Burn", Flame Shot, False Flames, Selfdestruct, Judgement Flame, $2.5

Well I guess I have all I came for.
*walks over to Lyze*
"Hey Lyze, since Brent and Loom are already sort of a group now, how about we travel together for the time being, I'm pretty sure that I make better conversations than your moogle."
Sent from my conifer.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Please don't insult moggy. He is an intelligent and succesful emember of society." Lyze looked at the doll "As far as you know."

"I will travel with you thought. I think its best to go to a tavern and figure out exactly where we are."
Action: Has moggy attempt to steal a more mage related weapon. (Thievery is always the answer)
(Also what happened to the other two items I bought for the moogle?)
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Ok... still need to keep fighting... I continue to punch at my enemies, dodge when they attack and in general keep Flint safe from them. I consider yelling for help, but that is probably something to do more harm than good. Just keep fighting.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Inventory: Fake Drakatana, Shoddy Short Sword, Tattered Cloak, complex shoe, False Menacing Armor, Battered Small Shield, Dragon's Heart, Dragon's Platinum, and $0.10
loomCAT wrote:"Oh, hi there!" I call out to Brent, recognizing him as another player. "You about done here? We should probably head out to another area soon if we want to figure out what this 'game' is all about."
"what? oh, yeah. I guess. I was just worrying about my seemingly horrible luck. We should probably ask around at a public place to see where we are or what we need to do. this seems like an RPG, and the best thing to do when you're stuck is to ask NPCs."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
FlintTheSquirrel

Action: Try to grab a branch in reach and throw it at a bug.

Sword Cards
Acorn Caps: They're pretty fragile, and the shape leaves some to be desired in speed.
Shield Cards
Book Cards
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

TOWN
Exranio: sorry(Got cards: [3] Battered Moogle Armor, [2] Needle)
-Moggy: [4] He/she/it manages to steal a [3] Old Wand (boosts Magic by 5.)

TEAM FORMED: Brent and Loom
~~~
FOREST
Razgriz: [5] You manage to punch t hard enough to break a large portion of exoskeleton! 20 damage to Silverfish 1! Silverfish 1's defense lowered!

Flint: [4] You manage to throw a branch at Silverfish 1! [1] It struck it in the exposed area! 10 damage to Silverfish 1!
---
Silverfish 1: [2-1=1] It tries to ram Archy, but slams into a tree, hitting it's exposed area! 5 damage!

Silverfish 2: [5] It rushes at Archy!
-Archy dodge: [4] But it missed!
~~~
Giant Silverfish 1: 39/100 HP, Dizzy, Broken Guard
Giant Silverfish 2: 100/100 HP

Archy: 75/75 HP, 80/100
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

[4] Fire-Guard Shoulderpads
[6] Toy Gun

One in bad shape, lets even up the score. I move towards the second silverfish, this time I use my grand flare and quickly follow up by punching it with my ember gloves. Should either silverfish attack, I dodge it. When I cannot dodge, I hold up the shield and use it to deflect the blow. If my shield breaks, I will grab the silver fish and attempt to divert it or flip it over.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Action:
Attempt to get to get to Archy and Flint... Again!

Sword Cards
The Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling: It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Shield Cards
Book Cards
Spiral Wave: A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius.
FlintTheSquirrel

Action: Try to talk the bugs into leaving them alone. ;-;

Sword Cards
Shield Cards
Book Cards
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Mana - 5.00$

Sword Card: Cupcake Cannon
Shield Card: Mostly Melted Ice Cream Shield.
Book Card: Cupcake
I wonder if I can find a village near by to take a rest. Guess I can only find out if I keep walking.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Very well than, I will accompany you to the tavern, I apologize for maybe insulting the moogle.
*starts to the tavern*
inventory: [3] "Short Sword", [2] Burn", Flame Shot, False Flames, Selfdestruct, Judgement Flame, $2.5
Sent from my conifer.
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

FOREST
Razgriz: [1] You manage to casts the spell, but it hits you instead. [5] However, your punch leaves the second Silverfish hurt pretty bad. And also in the same defensive state as his friend. 20 damage to Silverfish 2, 10 damage to self! Silverfish 2's defense fell!

Aqua: [FREE] Third time's the charm.

Flint: [2] Your act of diplomacy does not change their intentions.
---
Silverfish 1: [6-1=5] It charges at Archy with train-like speed!
-Archy dodge: [3] You mostly evade, but it slams into your leg. 5 damage to Archy!

Silverfish 2: [6] It charges at Archy with uncontrollable speed!
-Archy block: [1] You try to protect yourself, but it slams you into a tree. 20 damage to Archy! Light wounds! Silverfish 2 kept going and crashed! 20 damage to Silverfish 2! Dizzied from the impact!
~~~
WASTELAND
Mana: [3] You see a run-down town ahead, but a town is a town, is it not?
~~~
TOWN
Yehoshua: [5] You enter the tavern in a stylin' manner.
~~~
Archy:40/75 HP, 60/100 MP, Light Wounds

Silverfish 1: 39/100 HP, Dizzy-proof (1 turn), Guard Broken
Silverfish 2: 60/100 HP, Dizzy (3 turns), Guard Broken
Last edited by dynaslash on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlintTheSquirrel

"I-....I don't know how this works. But here goes!" Flint said, and in an act of desperation, tries to use 'Health Pass' From creepy bug #1 to Archy.

Sword Cards
Shield Cards
Book Cards
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

[6] Toy Gun

"Ok... only a few scratches" I say, attacking Silverfish two. Its the strongest yet and greatest threat. I use my gloves once again to punch and throw little fireballs, aiming for Silverfish 2's head. Once more, when I am attacked I dodge. When my dodges fail, I attempt to divert my enemy's attack's to something else. When both of these fail, I attack right back.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Mana - 5.00$

I search for towns people. Maybe there is some way I can help.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

"Oh, I finally found you guys! What's up, Archy and Flint? Were you two playing with these... Bug thingies?"

Action:
Talk to Archy and Flint.

Sword Cards
Shield Cards
Book Cards
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

Equipment: ace of spades[5], poker face[2], tri card[4]

"HEY GUYS, I LIKE BEATING UP FISH, TOO!"

Action: runs up and kicks silverfish 2.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

*Sits at an empty table and saves two extra seats for Lyze and his moogle*
Sent from my conifer.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Hold on a bit please." Lyze walks over to the barteneder of the establishment.
ACTION:"Sir. Can you explain to us were we are? Me and my friends are travelers in need of some direction."
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

FOREST
Flint: [2] The spell fizzles. -20 Magic.

Razgriz: [2] Your punches faze it not, [3] and your fireballs do little. 10 damage to Silverfish 2!

Aqua: [3] As you rush over to your allies, you stub your toe. 2 damage.

Kalloon: [6] You deal a flying kick to the unsuspecting bug. But somehow, your foot decides to rely on friction more, and you go spiraling into a tree. 20 damage to Silverfish 2! 10 damage to Kalloon.
---
Silverfish 1: [6] FWOO FWOO, Silver Express, next stop Archy!
-Archy dodge: [5] And then jumping!
--Silverfish 1 rams into a tree AGAIN. I mean, I know they eat wood and paper, but JEEZE. 15 damage to Silverfish 1.

Silverfish 2: [1 - 1 = 1] And then this one rams a tree for absolutely no reason. I'll bet you never knew bugs were stupid most of a lot. lol! 15 damage to Silverfish 2.
~~~
WASTELAND - VILLAGE
Mana: [4] They do need help.

QUEST: Aquatherapy

The townspeople say that their town used to be an oasis until someone shut off the valve. Your mission, should you choose to say yes, is to find the valve and turn it back on. It's probably in town somewhere. Naturally, there will be rewards.
~REWARDS(see): 1x "Desert Freeze" card, $5.00, 1x Blank Card.
Accept? Y/N
~~~
TOWN - TAVERN
Yeho: [3] You set up the chairs. It's a bit formal, though.

Exra: [6] You eloquently explain to him that you need some info. Your reward? A suggestion to "go the that there wasteland". And something that starts with a "P" and rhymes with "lunch". He then tells you to "stop usin' them there fancy words". 10 damage to Lyze.
~~~
Archy: 40/75 HP, 60/100 MP
Aqua: 73/75 HP, 100/100 MP
Kalloon: 65/75 HP, 100/100 MP
Lyze: 65/75 HP, 100/100 MP

Silverfish 1: 25/100 HP, Guard Broken
Silverfish 2: 15/100 HP, Dizzy (2 turns), Guard Broken
exranio

Post by exranio »

Agitated Lyze thinks its time to use force, but maybe its better just to hurt the man where it really counts, his business.

Action: Lyze stands on a chair and starts proclaiming "Hey people! This guy thinks okay to hit his customers! He probably doesn't care about any of you! He'll probably hurt your kids if you arn't watching. What if he even spikes his drinks. Do you all think we should support a man like this? We should get him before does real damage to anyone!!"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Inventory: Fake Drakatana, Shoddy Short Sword, Tattered Cloak, complex shoe, False Menacing Armor, Battered Small Shield, Dragon's Heart, Dragon's Platinum, and $0.10
well, Loom seems a bit inactive right now, so...
"I'll go see if there's an Inn nearby. the nearby tavern seems a bit... busy, right now."
action: leave the store and look for an Inn. Loom can join me when he decides to move.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Mana - 5.00$

ACTION: I accept your challenge and search for clues on where this valve might be.
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

"Ow, trees hurt!" Kalloon turns around to look at Flint in the tree. "Hey, wanna work together!? I can help out with stuff like this!"

Action: Slash at silverfish 1 with my ace of spades.

Equipment: ace of spades[5], poker face[2], tri card[4]
Last edited by KalloonWhite on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

[6] Toy Gun

Ok, help is here and I'm sick of being target practice. I climb up the tree like Flint and begin to hurl fireballs down on the silverfishes with my ember gloves.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Inventory: [3] "Short Sword", [2] Burn", Flame Shot, False Flames, Selfdestruct, Judgement Flame, $2.5

Action: Sits quietly and waits this one out, Lyze seems to have this covered, wouldn't want to start something I can't easily stop.
Sent from my conifer.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

"Ouch! Why do I have to roll for something as simple as walking? ... And why are you guys attacking the bug thingies? They are clearly trying to... Uh, commit suicide by banging themselves at the tree?"

Action:
Talk, again. Also, my jacket is dry now, right?

Sword Cards
Shield Cards
Book Cards
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

TOWN
Exranio: [4] In a mix of paranoia and uneasiness, they leave. The barkeeper looks furious.

Brent: [2] You can't find one.

Yeho: [1] You manage to fall out of the seat loudly.
~~~
WASTELAND - Village
Mana: [6] You hyperfocus on searching for clues, and don't see the valve. You do, however, find someone who works for Valve.
~~~
FOREST
Kalloon: [5] Despite cards being projectiles and not sharp, you get it good. 7 damage to Silverfish 1!

Razgriz: [2] You can't get a foothold. [4] You manage to get both bugs, though. 13 damage to Silverfish 1 & 2!

Aqua: [4] You learn that Flint accidentally angered the silverfishes. Silverfish. Silverfii. (Damp Jacket became [5] Longcoat of Mana! +5 defence! +5 Max Magic! 1 MP regen/turn!)
~~~
A small crack appears in the sky over the FOREST...
~~~
No Status, reason: Wii web browser.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

jeez, it's like my luck is decided by dice rolls and I keep rolling 1s and 2s.
action: I look for some other public place. maybe a market of some sort. somewhere with large numbers of townspeople. but I'd still like to avoid the tavern. maybe I'll find someone who wants to buy my complex shoe and tattered cloak for a good price. of course, I may need to lie about their worth.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

While I'm on my quest I ask the valve worker if he ever made any blueprints for some of the weapons they make in their games.
Mana - 5.00$

Last edited by ManaWolf on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Inventory: [3] "Short Sword", [2] Burn", Flame Shot, False Flames, Selfdestruct, Judgement Flame, $2.5

"Well that sucked..."

Action: Gets back up and pretends this never happened.
Sent from my conifer.