yehoshua

Re: Housepets! Forum Roll to Dodge Game

Post by yehoshua »

Well ok. *scans the cards*
Sent from my conifer.
Reima

Post by Reima »

I'm puzzled by the computer's response, but I am being asked a question, so I'll think about it later.

Lyze wrote:
"Hey Reima, may I ask what you did before you got here? I believe there may be some connection between us if we found a common ground between us all."
I load my cards and turn to Lyze:
"I am not quite sure what you are asking. Are you referring to my last memory before being awakened by a megalomaniacal super-computer and used as a lab rat, or what I did for a living before that? Also, are you missing money?"

I turn to the middle of the room and shout:
"DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE LESS MONEY THAN THE COMPUTER GAVE US?"
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.
"
~Clarence Darrow
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Reima wrote:I turn to the middle of the room and shout:
"DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE LESS MONEY THAN THE COMPUTER GAVE US?"
Mine is less too! But I said that earlier. Maybe all of us actually started with $4 and we just forgot...?
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Action:
He draws archaic symbols on the floor and looks at the room. He thinks that he grew smaller instead of shrinking bigger. Sad he doesn't have his notepad to take notes...
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I didn't even know we got money"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

Flint: After taking the decks, all but one card from each deck disappears. You've got three now.
SwC: [1] Acorn Caps. They're pretty fragile, and the shape leaves some to be desired in speed.
ShC: [4] Airy Armor. It's pretty decent. +1 to dodge rolls.
BC: [2] Gust. A simple puff of air.

Exranio: Loaded like a cargo ship. Hopefully, there won't be one.

Aqua: [FREE] It is done.

Brent: [FREE] Done like a surgeon.

Razgriz: [FREE] It's scanned. [6] Despite trying to avoid damage to others, you shoot a small fireball, and start a big fire. Oi.

Yeho: [FREE] Like a boss.

Reima: [FREE] Like a bass. [FREE] The voice appears over the intercom. However, it's clearer, and is the voice of a human girl. Ask that X-Ranger guy. He's the one with the minion with the lightest pair of hands here.

Dalone: [2] You decide to draw stick figures instead.
[04:08:26] <+Dynaslash> Schrodinger's GIANT ROBOT
[04:08:54] <+Frooxius|Busy> (for sore throat and common cold and souch)
exranio

Post by exranio »

Aggravated at the computer Lyze quickly hides his conceals his moogle under his hat sense no ones gotten a good look at it yet.
"What the heck is an X ranger? Secondly who are we suppose to give money too anyway. We've only been here seen eachother and this facilty. So where are we going where we'll need it?"
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

*Hides underneath the table, still hiding in fear of the large bang noise, and everything felt lighter again, as the cards once again vanished.*
*Once the rumbling stopped, Flint saw many other people, but still unsure as he was, he kept underneath the table.*

Action: Put the cards on the thingy shield so they are out of the way and push the table towards someone while under it.
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

After the fireball created the huge fire, he goes in awe, his eyes glowing with fire, with a :O expression, saying the stereotypical, "ooooooo," that one says when there's something exciting.

Action:
He leaves the stick figures done, then throws a pencil into the fire to put it out.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Of course that would happen" I say, looking at the fire ahead. I sit there adn work on figuring out a way of putting it out. Another fire burning into it, stomping it out, stuff like that. I do nothing for now though, only walking around and examining it.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

dynaslash wrote:Reima: [FREE] Like a bass. [FREE] The voice appears over the intercom. However, it's clearer, and is the voice of a human girl. Ask that X-Ranger guy. He's the one with the minion with the lightest pair of hands here.
What? Who is this X-Ranger guy? Do we even have someone named X-Ranger???
razgriz wrote:"Of course that would happen" I say, looking at the fire ahead. I sit there adn work on figuring out a way of putting it out. Another fire burning into it, stomping it out, stuff like that. I do nothing for now though, only walking around and examining it.
You need someone to put the fire out? I am your wizard!

Action:
"Source of all life, mother of all livings. Gentle wave, violent tide. Heal my friends, harm my foes. Facing all angle, and splash toward all sides! Spiral Wave!" I attempt to cast Spiral Wave to clear the fires! (And heal any wounds if there are any!)

Cards wrote:Sword Cards
The Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling: It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Shield Cards
Wet Jacket: Not much to say, except it's heavy and inflicts a -1 penalty to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Spiral Wave: A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius.
Reima

Post by Reima »

Aquablast wrote:
dynaslash wrote:Reima:Ask that X-Ranger guy. He's the one with the minion with the lightest pair of hands here.
What? Who is this X-Ranger guy? Do we even have someone named X-Ranger???
---
OOC: It's a playful misunderstanding of "exranio" which doesn't really matter since the in-game character's name is Lyze. Still fun though.
---

Yay! The computer gave me an answer...though I have no clue what an X-ranger is. Still, I keep "...the one with the minion with light hands" part in my mind.

But, figuring out where the money went isn't really the most important thing when there is a fire around.
So..

Action: I try to find a sprinkler system or fire-extinguisher, something I think might be common in a large facility.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.
"
~Clarence Darrow
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Well this is problematic, hey guys lets grab these tablets and put them all ontop of the fire, it would force the fire to burn all the oxygen around it and suffocate because the tables wont let enough oxygen to keep it alive.

Action: grabs my table and begins to move it toward the fire.
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"but I already kicked my table, it wouldn't budge."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

Flint: [UNPOSSIBLE] It's part of the floor.

Dalone: [4] It puts out a bit of fire.

Aqua: [3] It douses half the fire, but nobody had any wounds to heal.

Reima: [1] Nothing. Plus, you trip.

Yehoshua: [UNPOSSIBLE] It's grounded.
~~~
Not my fault they never taught me how to read. Sixteen years of pushing a button, and they don't tell me the most basic thing. Ehh... I think it's flights? Maybe tights? Or lights? Hmm... The sound of papers shuffling can be heard over the intercom. Blights? Fight? Rights? Knights?
~~~
Spheniscine
$4.00
---
Flint
$4.00, Blank Card x3
---
Esko
$4.00, cards
---
Aaron Mio
$4.00
---
Aqua
$4.00, cards, a blank card
---
Yehoshua
$4.00, cards
---
Archy
$4.00, cards
---
Lyze
$14.00, cards
---
Rufasa
$4.00, cards
---
Brent
$4.00, cards
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Tch, it's no use, the tables are grounded. Well, I guess I'm going to have to give it a try.

Action: I use flame shot in an attempt to put out the fire.
Sent from my conifer.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Tables? Good idea!" Archy said, quickly going over to them. With his gloves on, he beat that the legs, hopefully with enough force to break them. "Just because its mounted here doesn't mean we can't move it!"
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Men I have an idea how about we ignore the fire. Most of this place is made of metal anyway. (I assume) The fire isn't gonna spread so lets just walk around it. Computer! We all have our cards and devices can we please move on to the next step. I'm sure you can solve your fire problem on your own."
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"yeah, I'm getting bored and I want to get going. if you can teleport us, try getting water from some where else. or maybe let us out, seal the room and let the oxygen run out."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Reima

Post by Reima »

Action: I am confused at the random rhyming from the computer and try to help it figure out what it is trying to read.
"Bites, bytes, mites, might, heights, sights, kites, sites, cites, nights..."
"
~Clarence Darrow
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I think that it's trying to say one of our names."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

The form

Name: Kalloon

Favorite weapon: Cards!

Preferred element: none

not really, but no one cares, so yes

What are you: an otter!

Description: just a somewhat plain otter with a love for hats of many kinds

Duh.

ACTION: submits my form and goes up the elevator and get my cards.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Spheniscine

Post by Spheniscine »

I take the cards, then see how I can help with the fire.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

exranio wrote:"Men I have an idea how about we ignore the fire. Most of this place is made of metal anyway. (I assume) The fire isn't gonna spread so lets just walk around it. Computer! We all have our cards and devices can we please move on to the next step. I'm sure you can solve your fire problem on your own."
That sounds good, since everyone also ignored my spell anyway.
dynaslash wrote:Not my fault they never taught me how to read. Sixteen years of pushing a button, and they don't tell me the most basic thing. Ehh... I think it's flights? Maybe tights? Or lights? Hmm... The sound of papers shuffling can be heard over the intercom. Blights? Fight? Rights? Knights?
Just show us the paper! We will read for you. Or forget it and move us to the next... Place.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"wait, is that an otter? in a hat? what an odd group I've ended up in."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
FlintTheSquirrel

I vote that the Unpossible options are less strict, like moving the table, like rolling high might just be like the screws were rusty and it disjoints and such like that. Luck can also be an excuse for rolling. ^^;
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Action: Put the cards on the thingy shield so they are out of the way and push the table towards someone while under it. *Does this in fear of the roof falling since that earthquake when the walls went down*
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

Sorry for not updating. Haven't been allowed on the computer, and forgot I had a die. Did this on the Wii.
~~~
Yehoshua: [2] It didn't put any out.

Razgriz: [6] You broke the legs! ...And the table!

Reima: [4] No, thats not it...

Kalloon: Your Cards:
SwC: [FREE] Card Shooter. Fires cards. Most cards are slightly explosive when launched.
[6] Gold Cards. Malleable and weak. Not explosive. Shows off l337 p0k3r sk1llz.
ShC: [2] Poker Face. A mask that looks ordinary. +1 to card-game rolls.
BC: [4] Tri Card*. Three-hit attack. 1 Fire, 1 Ice, 1 Thunder. Each hit deals 50% damage. *See Megaman X Command Mission.

Sphen: You draw the cards. (Let me know if this is not what you mean.)
SwC: [4] Basic Ice Sprayer. It sprays a cold liquid. Chance of slow on 4, chance of freeze on 5.
ShC: [3] Cold Leather. It's cold, and slightly beat up, but it's still pretty okay.
BC: [4] Frost Pulse. Send a ring of cold magic towards an enemy.

Flint: [1] You pull a mussel. Worse, the table doesn't budgie.
~~~
EVENT!
Want a better weapon? A silly armor? A new spell? GREAT! For two updates, you can draw a new card! And you get to keep the old one!

Rules: Pick 1 category. You get a new card from that category. Card is still subject to a Quality Roll.
~~~
Hey, guys. I have something to say, since I'll be updating with the Wii for a bit. It would be nice if you would include your status and inventory when you post, as the status list takes up a lot of space, and the Wii can't copy/paste. Also, if you see someone in the IRC who hasn't posted since the update, please remind them to post. Thank you for participating in this game.
Last edited by dynaslash on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Inventory: Fake Drakatana, Tattered Cloak, Dragon's Heart and $4.00
action: draw new shield card.
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Reima

Post by Reima »

Dust Devil Dagger, Flight Boots, Scarf.
$4

I draw another book card.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: (by "for two updates" do you mean we have until then to draw a new card, or do we get to draw a new card after the next update in addition to this one?)
(I second this question. One card per update would be pretty spiffy!)
"
~Clarence Darrow
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

he answered me in PM. it's the first one.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Stupid computer ignoring me!

"Do I have to speak like this in order for you and everyone else to recognize that I am, in fact, speaking?"

Action:
Book card please!

Inventory wrote:$4.00

Sword Cards
The Grand Quarterstaff of Oceanic Channeling: It has a mystical feel to it. It offers a +1 to magic attacks, and an extra +1 against monsters weak to water, and softens [6] penalties as long as it's a spell roll.
Shield Cards
Wet Jacket: Not much to say, except it's heavy and inflicts a -1 penalty to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Spiral Wave: A spell that radiates outwards from your current position. It damages hostiles in the radius for a small-medium amount, and heals allies in the radius for a medium amount. 7-foot radius.
FlintTheSquirrel

Action: Book Card: Tries to get some sort of Windy heal card? (I dunno, when it is not Holy or Light, Wind tends to be the Element of healing. ^^)

Sword Cards
Acorn Caps: They're pretty fragile, and the shape leaves some to be desired in speed.
Shield Cards
Airy Armor: It's pretty decent. +1 to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Gust: A simple puff of air.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Inventory: Flame Shot, False Flames, Selfdestruct
Say: Well that was second to useless, if you need me, I'll be on the other side of the room away from the fire.
Action: Goes to the side of the room opposite to the fire but before that walks over and whispers in Lyze's ear "you can keep the money".
Last edited by yehoshua on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my conifer.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Archy: Your SwC is... [3] Ember Gloves. They're weak, but they can throw small fireballs without draining your Magic, and they burn when you punch things. Subpar for the type of weapon.
Your ShC is... [2] Cindering Wooden Shield. It looks like it'd break easily.
Your BC is... [5] Grand Flare. It launches a large-ish fireball that seeks enemies at a high speed. Because of it's range and homing ability, it's got a below average strength.
I also have $4.00

So, I broke a table into bits. I also get a new card. I take a shield card.

Not a big deal, there's more of them. Therefore I go to the next table and I punch away at its legs. My aim is only on the legs so that the table survives this time.
Spheniscine

Post by Spheniscine »

Inventory: Basic Ice Sprayer, Cold Leather, Frost Pulse, $4.00

Action: I try to use the Basic Ice Sprayer to put out the fire.
dalonewolf25

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Code: Select all

Rufasa: 
[6] Inferno Cutlass. The flames hurt your hand, and it's dull. It looks cool, though.
[3] Damaged Solar Guard. It's shaped like a sun, and would probably be pretty good if it wasn't so beat up.
[2] Firecracker Spark. It's a weak spark of electricity that explodes with the force of a firecracker. AKA a trope.
$4.00
Action:
Selects a card from the Shield Deck.
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

SwC: [FREE] Card Shooter. Fires cards. Most cards are slightly explosive when launched.
[6] Gold Cards. Malleable and weak. Not explosive. Shows off l337 p0k3r sk1llz.
ShC: [2] Poker Face. A mask that looks ordinary. +1 to card-game rolls.
BC: [4] Tri Card*. Three-hit attack. 1 Fire, 1 Ice, 1 Thunder. Each hit deals 50% damage

Action: Draw another sword card!
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
dynaslash

Post by dynaslash »

Brent: [6] Complex Shoe. Would be good if you knew how to wear it.

Reima: [3] Air Shot. It's not that strong but it makes the peoples fall down. And since I messed up and gave you an extra armor instead of a spell on your first set, you lose the Scarf and get [3] Wind Leap. A higher jump that can push away foes.

Aqua: She's turned the intercom off.
Card: [3] Bubble. Sub-par. May slow enemies.

Flint: [3] Health Pass. Deals light damage to a foe, then heals the player of your choice.

Razgriz: [2] Smoldering Shoulderpads. A bit fragile.

Sphen: [4] The fire is dead.

Dalone: [4] Solar Helm. Has a sun motif. =By destroying one Blank Card (keep track of these too), you can repair or enhance one Solar-set item. Not that bad when you can buy more.=

Kalloon: [5] Ace of Spades. Medium high power. Restores health equal to 1/5 of the damage dealt.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Inventory: Flame Shot, False Flames, Selfdestruct

Action: Takes a card from the swords deck.
Sent from my conifer.
FlintTheSquirrel

*Looks left.....then right....* Enemies? D;

Standby Turn: Since you said that drawing a card takes 2.

Sword Cards
Acorn Caps: They're pretty fragile, and the shape leaves some to be desired in speed.
Shield Cards
Airy Armor: It's pretty decent. +1 to dodge rolls.
Book Cards
Gust: A simple puff of air.
Health Pass: Deals light damage to a foe, then heals the player of your choice.