Artistic Trauma

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Artistic Trauma

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Help! Help! I've failed and can't get up!

Anyway... I have failed... I've been trying to draw characters (anthro-cats and dogs and such...) but I keep screwing up when it comes to drawing their heads... Any advice?
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Shyanne

Re: Artistic Trauma

Post by Shyanne »

Find a circle template, or anything in the shape of a perfect circle. draw around the object or use the template. Now, draw a cross on the circle, imagining that where the two lines intersect would be where the nose would go. Then add where the eyes would go, then the muzzle if it will have one, then go from there in reshaping the head, etc. It's wat I do. It always helps to make a stick figure skeleton with a circle head to plot out an outline of where the limbs will be, what positions it will be in, etc.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

bwah bwah
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Looks helpful... Now to test them... wish meh luck!
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"