Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Coats of Arms 

Post Coats of Arms
So, how many of you guys have made your own coats of arms? If you have, wanna share them and tell us about what they mean? If you haven't made one, why not think about doing it and sharing it here? It's fun and it gives you a chance to think about yourself and get to know yourself and what's important to you.

Here's my coat of arms. Thanks heaps to Cosmic Coyote who helped me out with his expertise in heraldry and to Geckozy for drawing this for me.

This is the shield that forms the bulk of my coat of arms. Once it's done I'll share the full version showing my motto, supporters and helm. For now, enjoy this:

Here's what my coat of arms means:

The cross and the star represents both the Southern Cross (a constellation/asterism down here that's on the Australian flag) and also my faith. The plant is a sprig of Tasmanian Blackwood representing me (as my fursona) and my Tasmanian heritage.
The green colour means "hope and joy" which is what my faith gives me. Green is also my favourite colour and to me represents the greenness of Tasmania and the bush I grew up in - always living, always growing - which is how I want to be: living life to the fullest and always learning and growing as a person.
The white represents peace and tranquillity as well as sincerity and honesty. I like the peace and calmness you get from nature as well as that which you get from knowing God is in control, and I strive to be sincere and honest in everything.

It was a lot of fun to make and, I think, packs a lot of meaning into a simple design.

So what about you guys? Do you have coats of arms? If not, why not make one and share it here?

Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the fantastic Rodney Raccoon

Image Image Image

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:54 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Coats of Arms
Hlaoroo wrote:
Here's my coat of arms. Thanks heaps to Cosmic Coyote who helped me out with his expertise in heraldry and to Geckozy for drawing this for me.

Heh, once again, no problem.

I've made quite a few coats of arms for various projects (usually fantasy or alternate history-based), so if anyone's interested and wants help with things, feel free to contact me.

As for my own personal coat of arms? I actually have never put it to paper, though I already have it in my head. Maybe I'll finally get around to doing that~

On Skype, known as McSharkson
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy

Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:02 am
Wanna play a game?

Nice one, Furr! Great work you three!

We (my family) actually have a coat of arms, but I don't know what's on it... I'll try to remember to take a picture when I'm home on Openermas.

ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:00 am

Really nice coat of arms Furr! It looks really nice!

The Winds of Change. A continuing fanfic by me and dryideabat.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]