[Webcomic] James McKade, Ace Reporter

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

dryideabat

Re: [Webcomic] James McKade, Ace Reporter

Post by dryideabat »

I do like the extra strokes for the fur, especially on the boss, as well as the subtle lines on the clothes.
But I agree; I will miss the old eyes, especially since (in my opinion) they seemed a bit better suited for James and his 'go-for-it' yet frequently-shocked personality. Still, there's nothing wrong with experimenting. It's great to see that he's back and ready for the next story. :)
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

This comic was mostly made to introduce some redesigning, and I am definitely going more for experimentation right now. Trying out a lot of new things with this in texturing, shading, and design. If you guys want me to change things around, I'll take any suggestions and roll with them.
Also, the addition of more clothes will hopefully make sense later.
Anyway, nice to know that some of you guys are glad to see James again :D
My DA can be found Here!
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

In the interest of becoming better at drawing, and in preparation for comic projects that may or may not be planned for the future, I am trying to get experience in drawing all different kinds of random characters. I'm using a random number generator to select the species and emotion of the character, and then drawing something based on that. I got annoyed wolf, so I decided to draw James for it.
If any of you guys want me to draw a character of yours, you can go to my DA and comment on one of the drawings I've made, and if the RNG falls on it, I'll probably end up drawing it for you.
My DA can be found Here!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Nice job there - especially on the paws.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job, Blasterizer.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Hey guys, I'm starting a new comic project with James called Campaign McKade, and you can find it here if you want to check it out: https://www.campaignmckade.com/
My DA can be found Here!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Sees this updated, slams keyboard in excitement... Buffers... Sees new planned out idea, excitement builds up. New website oh my goodness my computer can not buffer any slower. Better be more odd ball interviews. Excitedly checks website. Adventures. So vague! Can't wait now, heh.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Civilization wrote:Sees this updated, slams keyboard in excitement... Buffers... Sees new planned out idea, excitement builds up. New website oh my goodness my computer can not buffer any slower. Better be more odd ball interviews. Excitedly checks website. Adventures. So vague! Can't wait now, heh.
Yay, I'm glad someone's excited! I'm afraid that this will be somewhat different from the reporter comics though. I'm trying to get some original ideas in this time. No interviews with specific known characters, but there will definitely be plenty of references to James' experiences. It will be clearer as comics come out, which will happen on Mondays at 7 PM CST.
My DA can be found Here!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Can't wait to see more, Blasterizer.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

The first real page of the comic is up! https://www.campaignmckade.com/
I won't be posting the comics here, so if you want to keep up with the comics, I will be posting them on Mondays 7:00PM CST.
My DA can be found Here!
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Neat.
Surely James has more than just a handful of sparkling nothing. That, or he has lost his mind since interviewing Slenderman. Either way, let's hear him out.
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

And we are now 10 pages in! https://www.campaignmckade.com/
Just wanted to post here to get in some quick announcements. I've been working on a lot of concepts to integrate into the comic lately, and I want to share some of those ideas with you guys.

Mainly, I'm looking for some submissions for NPC characters and magic items. If any of you guys have any ideas, you can comment them below the comic itself, here, or at my DeviantArt.
If you want a character of yours to be in the comic, you can comment with the following information:
-Name
-Species
-Physical description (you can provide an image if you like)
-Occupation that fits in the world of the comic
-Any other information you would like (Items they have, backstory, etc.)
Also, if you have any ideas for items with interesting magical enchantments and properties, I would love to hear them. Just comment with a brief description of the physical and magical nature of the item. Any character or item submissions will be credited both on the comic they are introduced in, as well as a separate page on the website.

I am also trying to find some people who would like to play D&D. This comic is loosely based on the idea, but I haven't played D&D very much and I would really like to, so if anyone has a group or would like to make one, let me know!

Lastly, I'm still looking for some feedback on the comic as a whole, so if you guys could give me some constructive criticism, that would be great!

Stay tuned for some interesting updates on the way!
My DA can be found Here!