Game Grumps

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Saturn381

Game Grumps

Post by Saturn381 »

For those who don't know, Game Grumps is a collaboration channel on YouTube hosted by well known reviewers JonTron, and Egoraptor. On this channel, they play a variety of video games while providing commentaries and conversations with each other.

Now personally I think their hilarious, but what are you guys' thoughts on them?
McFly

Re: Game Grumps

Post by McFly »

Love 'em!

My friend introduced me to the Grumps early September of last year. He showed me one of the Pokemon Emerald episodes. I remember dying of laughter and instantly getting hooked.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

They are just... X3

I really enjoy their vids, though I especially enjoy when they start bursting out into songs and having other people remix them. Banana Shoes Remix, anyone? Listen. Now.

Their Sonic '06 run is what I love the most though. Just the sheer bugginess of the game coupled with those two equals Episode 20. :3

And let's not forget to mention Barry, the ever present but not on audio editor that really makes the Game Grumps' best moments shine.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I actually found out about gamegrumps last week or so

been going trough all of them
The sonic lets play is brilliant.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

You know I just thought of something. Someone should do Game Grumps animations with Peanut, Tiger, Poncho, and Truck as Jon (JonTron) and Maxwell, Marvin, "Four Finger Discount" Jack, and Falstaff as Arin (Egoraptor). What do you guys think?
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Four Jon and four Arin? So much Grump and Not-So-Grump.

If anything, Truck and Falstaff are perfect to be them. X3
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Actually I mean like one animation with Peanut and Maxwell, one with Tiger and Marvin, one with Poncho and "Four Finger Discount" Jack, and one with Truck and Falstaff.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

That would be awesome! If I had any skills in animation or drawing I'd be doing it myself.

But yeah, I love the Grumps! There are so many things I love about the show that I don't even bother arguing with people who don't like them. I could explain every little thing they do fantastically but it would ruin the magic. I can't wait until they finish Sonic '06.

Also, the Grump remixes and animations are always so awesome! JerryTerry and Inyoursocks are one of my favourites of each respectively.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I recently started watching game grumps. they're way to far into Sonic 06 for me to try and watch all the episodes of it, so I'm just skipping when they upload those. but luckily they do multiple games at a time so I still get to watch them

also, I spent a whole night and then some watching all of the fan animations that Youtube suggested for me.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I recently started watching game grumps. they're way to far into Sonic 06 for me to try and watch all the episodes of it, so I'm just skipping when they upload those. but luckily they do multiple games at a time so I still get to watch them

also, I spent a whole night and then some watching all of the fan animations that Youtube suggested for me.
You have to at least watch Episode 20. It, by far, has their funniest rage-at-the-game moment. X3
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I did watch that one since so many animations were made of it
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so... Jon is leaving the show. hopefully the new guy (looked like Dan Avidan) can fill his not so grump shoes
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
McFly

Post by McFly »

Really gonna miss the guy. But at least we'll be able to see more JonTron videos in the future.