Rescue You: A Contest, Of Sorts...

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dissension

Rescue You: A Contest, Of Sorts...

Post by Dissension »

It's no secret that I love ambulances, fire apparatus, police vehicles, and all kinds of visual and auditory warning equipment. With that in mind, I've developed a contest... of sorts.

The Challenge: Take a photograph of an emergency vehicle from your area and post it in this thread. Please do not use photographs that are readily available on the Internet; I've seen thousands and might have anything you pull up downloaded or in a "favorites" folder somewhere.

The Prizes: The first four participants will receive a digital copy of Argo or Ten Thousand Miles Up by Rick Griffin. Each participant will be entered in a drawing to receive a Housepets!-style sketch of their character when next Rick Griffin is open for commissions (subsequent to the conclusion of this event). If someone goes "above and beyond," they may be considered for a special reward.

The Deadline: To be considered for the drawing, please submit your photographs by Midnight CST on May 4th, 2012.

Notice: This contest runs concurrently on multiple Web forums, so even if you are one of the first four to post in this specific thread, you may not be eligible for an instant prize.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Rescue You: A Contest, Of Sorts...

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

what does "above and beyond" mean, because I could go out tomorrow and take a picture of the fire department nearby. multiple fire safety vehicles.
probably could get a few police car pictures too, they're all over the place.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Great question! "Above and beyond" is at my own very subjective determination. If you sent several pictures of several different vehicles, that would definitely give bonus points, though. = P

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I now have a mission tomorrow. I'll go out and take pictures of emergency vehicles.
and darn you with the multiple forums. I wanted an instant prize, but I probably won't be awake/back at my computer in time for that.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Ok, look to the right of the car. There's 2 police officers and 1 guy with a bag. As soon as I took that picture, I saw them, and tried to pretend nothing happened. "Are you taking a picture of our car, eh?" The policewoman says, walking right up to me. I literally thought they were gonna arrest me there and then (what, a 16 year old with 5 o'clock shadow and looking like a criminal). "We can park wherever we want in an emergency." I was talking, but I have no idea what I said. All I know is I took off first chance I got. I'm never doing this thing again...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I actually got some nice shots. I took my camera with me to class, then went around taking pictures afterwards. first I took a couple pics in front of the local police station.
one cruiser (with the end of the phone number edited out):

and a pic with all three that were there (again, numbers edited out):

then after eating lunch then swinging by Dunkin' Donuts (not looking for cops, I wanted a donut) I walked to the fire station.
I noticed that parked in back, they had a Haz-Mat support trailer, and figured that might be worth some bonus points:

Then I swung around front to get a picture of the fire trucks, though it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, it's actually pretty good. and I caught a fireman too.

Then, after walking to a couple other places to try to find different vehicles, I swung back around to the fire station, only to see them heading out with their lights flashing. I didn't catch them while they were leaving, but I followed them to their destination.
Here, I caught a couple of the firemen climbing into the truck, one wearing his fire coat:

then I caught it while it was heading away from the scene (I don't think it was an actual fire, though. maybe a false alarm or a small kitchen fire):

hopefully these end up being worth the effort I took.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Thanks for the pictures, 44R0NM10 and RandomGeekNamedBrent! You each get an instant-win prize. Please send me a private message with your story preference (Argo or 10k Miles Up and e-mail address.

Update: Between this forum and the other one where the contest is posted, all instant-win prizes have been depleted. Submissions for the drawing will still be accepted through May 4th, at which time I will also announce any special rewards. :3

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

There were 18 total submissions. I assigned each photo a number based on the order entered. After consulting with a random number generator (and electing beforehand to name the owner of the fourth picture chosen the winner), I must say that RandomGeekNamedBrent will soon possess a drawing by Rick Griffin his ownself. Congratulations, man! I'd also like to sincerely thank all participants.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

*dances happilly*
gonna be getting a drawing of my fan fic main character. Then I can make it into a banner for my fan fic. MY PLAN IS COMPLETE
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

diss , you are just gonna love this game.
Emergency4 :
Emergency 4 is RTS game based on Rescued simulation. you become a HQ commander of the first respond team. your mission is to save people and stop disastor from all the accidents.
mods are aviliable, so there is infinite ways of playing this game
intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TF_vx2j1VU

Next series: Emergecny 2012_failure of development...
tho trailer is nice looking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CesORhs7 ... r_embedded