My Desktop iPod, and how to get it.

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

TheBlackParrot

My Desktop iPod, and how to get it.

Post by TheBlackParrot »

How to get:
(This only works with Winamp, or most other media players that can use Winamp 2.x plugins, like MediaMonkey.)

1. Download Sonic Samurize and install it. It's a program similar to Rainmeter, but a lot easier to work with.

(STEPS 2, 3, 4, and 5 FOR VISTA AND 7 USERS ONLY)
2. Go to where ever you downloaded the installation file, right click it, and click on Properties.

3. Click the Compatibility tab, and tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for box, and set it to Windows XP.

4. Go to the installation directory of wherever you installed it (by default, it's "C:\Program Files\Samurize"), and right click Client.exe and click on Properties.

5. Click the Compatibility tab, and tick the Run this program in compatibility mode for box, and set it to Windows XP.

6. Save this image to "C:\". Be sure it's named ipod.png.
(If you want a custom color, or you made a custom skin, let me know!)

7. Save the ipod.ini file to (by default) "C:\Program Files\Samurize\Configs". Name it ipod.ini.

8. Start Samurize if you haven't already, and right click the icon in the system tray.

9. Go to the Select Config File menu and click on ipod.ini.

That should be it, if something isn't working right, let me know. You can move this where ever you want to on the desktop, just move it around like a window.
(creating a how-to on how to change the fonts and progress bar later)
FarmMan1812

Re: My Desktop iPod, and how to get it.

Post by FarmMan1812 »

The song your playing is the best song ever.