My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

Post by SeanWolf »

I've been working on this comic for a while now (Namely the background info and the world it's set in) and I want to see what you guys think of my idea.

The comic is called GrimmSouls and it tells the tale of Merick Wilson (spelled just like that), a detective from the 1930's who lead a standard but good life and was one of the top detectives on the force in his home town. But all that changed when, on a assignment to investigate a cult, his soul is ripped (or, in this world, reaped) from his body by an unknown assailant. He finds himself in heaven and learns that he can still return to the land of the living, but he can't appear as himself, rather as a member of the Reapers, a group dedicated to helping or reaping souls from Earth to one of two destinations: Paradise or The Underworld. Now with his Soul Reaper shotgun and the power to see mortal souls, he is now tasked to help the souls of Earth to their final destination, while at the same time protecting them from forces who will stop at nothing to either take control of a mortal for their own selfish desires or destroy the Grim Reapers. The first story-arc in the saga is entitled Reaper's Shadow and it will set up the world and characters while having Merick understanding his role as a Reaper more and more. The third story-arc (Don't ask I just thought of it while I was working on the comic) is entitled Ragnarock and it's basically Merick VS Garmar in a battle for Earth. As of this post, I got the main characters written down and their weapons, along with the symbols, or ReapEyes, symbols only Reapers can see, and the type of world they live in.

If I can be honest, the whole comic came from two inspirations: First was a older comic I had planned called Darkness Before Salvation and it was going to be about a vampire hunter, who is also a vampire like Blade, going around the world hunting both Vampire and werewolves before coming face to face with the head vampire himself. The other inspiration is actually the current story-arc for Housepets...or rather the characters of Pete, Cerberus and The Great Kitsune and my odd idea of how it'd be interesting if Cerberus had a helper of sorts.

So yeah, I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think of it and I'm open to ideas for the comic!

*UPDATE*
So, I decided to be nice to everyone here and do this: I'm going to reveal the types of souls in the world of GrimmSouls
DreadSouls - Pure Evil souls - (Soul Color: Dark or Bright Red)
PureSouls - All Children (Ages 0-15) of the world - (Soul Color: White)
NeutarSouls - Not good but not bad. Basically in the middle - (Soul Color: Light Blue)
ReapSouls - Grim Reaper/Soul Collector, depending on who you ask - (Soul Color: Dark Grey) <- CAN NOT BE REAPED/COLLECTED
SoulLess - Dead, zombiefied/reanimated corpse {Can TECHNICALLY still be reaped}, skeleton
Soulclipse - A soul who wanders the land with no place to go, meaning it's already reaped and just needs directions - (Soul Color: Transperent, like a ghost)
TreSouls - A person with more then one soul in its body - (Soul Color: Dark Blue)
ColdSoul - Frozen in Time soul
TorchSoul - A soul in love - (CAN BE COMBINED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE SOULS) - (Soul Color: A Pink aura)
WickerSoul - No one in the OFTR (Order Of The Reapers) or Heaven knows what this soul is, or for that matter, who has this soul, due to only one exsisting in the universe. The only known fact about the WickerSoul is that it can only be led to one final destination and not the other, for some unknown reason. The Mythic Council have speculated that the reason why said soul can only go to one destination and not the other is because if it was sent to the other destination, it would become something sinister and, worst case scenario, unstoppable. The Order Of The Reapers have their own theory: They think that the WickerSoul was once a reaper but fell on bad terms and their soul, some how, became the WickerSoul, and sending it to it's opposite destination would destroy the soul forever, rendering the owner of the soul a mere carcass. Though just theories, some members of the Mythic Council have started to lean more towards the Fallen Reaper theory then the Unstoppable Being theory. But, to date, that's all that they have...theories.

*UPDATE #2*
Finished the bios of the Reapers last night (two were my favorite to work on). Going to work on a few more things tonight then do some ideas for a cover next week.
Last edited by SeanWolf on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
2fab4u

Re: My Upcoming Webcomic: GrimmSouls

Post by 2fab4u »

I am sure your comic will do fine it seems like an amazing idea! But if i were to say anything don't get him killed so early on let the readers develop an interest for the detective (sorry short memory) and it will come as a surprise when it happens.
hope your comic will go swimmingly,best of wishes D
Hello, the names Drake :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

2fab4u wrote:I am sure your comic will do fine it seems like an amazing idea! But if i were to say anything don't get him killed so early on let the readers develop an interest for the detective (sorry short memory) and it will come as a surprise when it happens.
hope your comic will go swimmingly,best of wishes D
Thank you! And yes he is a detective of sorts, he isn't actually dead. See in the world of GrimmSouls, your soul is what keeps you alive. If that is ripped out, your fleshy-bits collapses lifeless to the ground while the soul lives on. At any point in time, the soul can return to their body to come back to life, if they so choose.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

It sounds interesting (I somehow missed this thread sorry).

Can a soul go to a different body? What if theirs is ruined... or say trapped inside a stone coffin and is inescapable?
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Drake wrote:It sounds interesting (I somehow missed this thread sorry).

Can a soul go to a different body? What if theirs is ruined... or say trapped inside a stone coffin and is inescapable?
A soul CAN inhabit another body, but it depends on the type of soul one person has. If a body is trapped in a coffin, it means that their time was up and they go to their final destination, either Heaven or The Underworld OR they become a Lost Soul, destined to wonder the world until they fulfill their last wish. But if their body is ruined (like exploded or burned to a crisp), they have two choices: Either go to their final destination or become a Guardian Soul.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sounds like an interesting premise. I can't wait to read the web comic.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sounds like an interesting premise. I can't wait to read the web comic.
Hey thanks! I'm planning on having the first two pages ready by late November, if nothing comes up in RL to distract me from it (like jobs or one of my other projects).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How many projects do you have?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:How many projects do you have?
Eh mainly a video series I'm working on and a reboot of my internet show. With the internet show, originally it was just me playing video games and talking to the camera (live on Furstream), but due to crappy connections I couldn't do much. So I'm in the process of rebooting it to be a fun little live show for people to watch on Sunday Nights (I just need to purchase a WiFi booster and work on my camera interactions). Yeah I'm know for planning multiple projects at once and it's a bad habit, but I REALLY want to do GrimmSouls webcomic and get Funday Wolf Night back on the air (ActionWoof is more of a side-thing I can do on free time), but I think I'll put all my focus on making GrimmSouls.
2fab4u

Post by 2fab4u »

Great! Hope to see this in november surely it will be a great read.
Hello, the names Drake :)
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

2fab4u wrote:Great! Hope to see this in november surely it will be a great read.
Thanks! It MIGHT come sooner since I'm dropping a few projects and making them more or less side things I can do in my spare time!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So small update: I have officially started working on the plot for the first story-arc! I'll have a preview of it up sometime in the coming weeks!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can't wait to see the preview!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I can't wait to see the preview!
Thanks! Still ironing out some details for the story but I think I can squeeze the cover out soon..and maybe a peak at the first page ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would love that a lot.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Alrighty...so I decided to hold off on releasing the comic until late November. Why? I...don't have a scanner...at all. The ONLY way I can upload the comic, at the moment, is to take a pic with my phone, send it to my computer then upload it. Problem? Well the lighting in my room isn't the greatest so it would've been hard reading the comic in the pic. So until I can get the cash for scanner, the comic will be delayed until late November (UNLESS I get lucky somehow). Sorry :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow that really sucks but I am sure it will be worth the wait.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh wow that really sucks but I am sure it will be worth the wait.
What REALLLLLY sucks is that I don't have a job to get said scanner. So I'll probably ask for one as a B-day gift or, if push comes to shove, christmas gift. If I get it as a christmas gift, then I'll probably have to REALLY work at getting the comic out.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

I DO Want to throw this out just quickly: I'm planning on having the comic be on three sites: specific forum, FurAffinity, and MAYBE DeviantArt (If I feel like it).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And by specific forum, you mean this one?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:And by specific forum, you mean this one?
Heh yep! Forgot to put the word *that* XD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Newest Update!

OK, so I haven't forgotten the comic. My mind has just been...out of it, for the past month or so. I've also been working on the web-show, Funday Wolf Night (Which is actually set to debut this December), and making sure it's ready for it's airing. BUT, so far, the plan is to get the cover for the first arc of the comic done soon (Late November/Early-December) and showcase it online. So, yeah, I haven't forgotten it. Real life just has a odd way of showing itself.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well, we'll all be waiting for you whenever you can get around to post the comic. I'm sure that it will be good.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Well, we'll all be waiting for you whenever you can get around to post the comic. I'm sure that it will be good.
I hope it'll be worth the wait! I HATE putting off projects for this long :evil:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I tend to put them off to the last possible minute.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I tend to put them off to the last possible minute.
Well i got some free time on Wendsday coming up (gotta take the car in to get repaired) so I'll be able to work AT LEAST on the title and a bit of the cover. I might upload a preview of it (might not cause I NEED to pick up some phone minutes soon).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well whenever you do decide to upload it, we'll be here.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Update

So I tried to draw out the cover on Wednesday...but I couldn't. My problem is that while I can draw, I just can't seem to make myself draw for periods of time and if I do, my characters always turn out...disproportionate. I need to re-teach myself how to draw again, but once I do (which probably won't take long), I'll re-do the cover. The MOST I did get done is the title but I'm not a huge fan on how it turned out, so I need to tweak it a bit. I WILL do the comic, just need to make myself draw again.

Second part: I did some story outlining and I think you guys will enjoy the arcs I have planned (including the 3rd arc). But I will say this though: I know how the entire GrimmSouls web-comic will end 8-)

Apologies for how long this is taking me to do this comic, but like I said, I need to make myself want to draw again.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its OK. The story taking such a long time simply means that when the comic comes together it will be really amazing. We all can't wait for how everything is gonna come together. We just hope that you can get your mojo into the swing of things to churn out the comics! ^___^
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Its OK. The story taking such a long time simply means that when the comic comes together it will be really amazing. We all can't wait for how everything is gonna come together. We just hope that you can get your mojo into the swing of things to churn out the comics! ^___^
Thanks! I will give this piece of trivia: The one reaper's outfit is based on the lead singer of Powerwolf.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Very minor, but I do want to showcase how much work I put into the first story so far. This is just a snippet from my actual notes, but here is the character outline I have planned for one character:

Merick Wilson
⦁ Born: 1905
⦁ Died: 1945 (Age: 40)
⦁ Species: Black Wolf
⦁ Fur: Black w/ Greyish Muzzle
⦁ Eye Color: Navy Blue
⦁ Profession: Ex-Detective/Cop, Reaper
⦁ Personality: Fun-Loving, Serious, Goofy, Gentleman, Heart Of Gold
⦁ Likes: Cups Of Tea (either with milk or no milk), Milk/Strawberry Milk, Soda, Burgers, Fast Food, Non-Fast Food, Seeing children smile, Web Comics (Housepets, Jack, Manly Men Doing Manly Things, etc.)
⦁ Dislikes: Alcohol, Drugs, Smoking, Today's crop of musicians, Prune Juice
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Rammstien, Turistas, Sabaton, Savatage, Def Leppard, Meat Loaf, Ricky Martin, Weird Al, Johnny Cash
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): UHF, Plan 9 From Outer Space, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Shoot 'Em Up, Star Wars 1-6, Dune, Alpha & Omega
⦁ *Reaper Weapon: Soul Reaper - Custom Built 12 Gauge Remington Pump-Action/Semi-Auto Shotgun w/ Scythe

Also, I will say this: The Order Of The Reapers (in the comic) are all males. I HAD planned for a female reaper but decided against it mainly because I had the set amount of reapers I wanted. Will I include a female reaper down the road? Most likely not, but I might still draw her up just to show what she would've looked like.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He died when he was 40? How did it happen? Since its a cop, I'm gonna assume that a perpetrator shot him or something, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:He died when he was 40? How did it happen? Since its a cop, I'm gonna assume that a perpetrator shot him or something, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I won't revel how he died until later but keep this quote and little hint in mind: "Keep you friends close and your enemies closer." And the hint: He wasn't "killed in action".
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I should have been more specific. I don't need to know the circumstances, but I am interested in the cause if you can give me that. If not, its OK.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I should have been more specific. I don't need to know the circumstances, but I am interested in the cause if you can give me that. If not, its OK.
The cause of death? He was reaped by a rouge reaper.
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Another Character Bio (I'll post these until I get cover for storyarc 1 done). This time of the Reapers Armorer:

Louie "BadA**" Michael
⦁ Born: ???? (Claims he was born the same year as Atilla The Hun, though sources state he was actually born in the 50s)
⦁ Died: ???? (Claims one of his ex-girlfriends neutered him AND shot him multiple times. Once again, sources state he died in 2000 while, get this, attempting to obtain the world record for chugging the most cans of Miller Light in one sitting)
⦁ Species: Panther
⦁ Fur: Black
⦁ Eye Color: Brown
⦁ Notable Features: Various Scars from weapon making, a chipped tooth from a bar-room fight on Earth, Little bit of his left ear bitten off (He claims from a "very angry Ex girlfriend")
⦁ Profession: Reapers Armorer
⦁ Personality: Self-Proclaimed BadA**, Insane, Smart, Knowledgeable in the field of weaponry, very loud, Calm at times
⦁ Likes: Guns, Bullets, Babes, Mtn.Dew, Orchestrated Music, Burgers from Heart-Attack Grill, Bacon
⦁ Dislikes: Ex-Girlfriends, Veggie Burgers or for that matter ANYTHING healthy, The Mythic Council rejecting his weapon ideas
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Cannibal Corpse, Municipal Waste, The London Symphony Orchestra, Jethro Tull, Gormathon
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): Hellraiser Series, 12 Angry Men, WWE Documentaries, Yor: Hunter From The Future, Movie 43
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He has multiple ex-girlfriends? Panther is a player. xD
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:He has multiple ex-girlfriends? Panther is a player. xD
That he is!
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Next Reaper (Should I label this as Meet The Reaper? Dig in deeper!). I'll be posting all the info of the reapers in the coming days. After that I SHOULD have the cover ready.

Myers Rutter
⦁ Born: 1735
⦁ Died: 1772
⦁ Species: Grizzly Bear
⦁ Fur: Light Brown
⦁ Eye Color: Hazel
⦁ Notable Feature(s): None
⦁ Profession: Reaper
⦁ Personallity: Quiet, Excellent Farmer, Gentleman, Kind-Hearted
⦁ Likes: Fresh Country Air, Sound of Birds in the morning, Meed, Fantasy Books (Shanara, Lord Of The Rings), Horses
⦁ Dislikes: Smart Cars, Rap, Apple Products
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Radiohead, ELO, Motorhead, RUSH, Toby Kieth, Reba Macintire, Eddie Money
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): Mclintock, The Dollars Trilogy, Watchmen, Speed, Assassin's Creed Lineage, Rush Hour Trilogy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?!, Hot Shots Part Deux
⦁ *Reaper Weapon(s): Peace & Prosperity - Custom Built Dual Berreta 93Rs
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Another Meet the Reapers!

Garrett "Blackie" Donderan
⦁ Born: 1969
⦁ Died: 2010
⦁ Species: Eagle
⦁ Fur: Brown and White w/ Yellow Beak and claws
⦁ Eye Color: Light Grey
⦁ Notable Feature(s): None
⦁ Profession: EX-Lead Singer/Guitarist of LycanBloodRage (One of the pioneering Power Metal bands)/Reaper
⦁ Personallity: Wild, Kind Hearted, Smart (Actually has a PH.D)
⦁ Likes: Guitars, Motorcycles, Metal, Flying Free, Summer, Autum
⦁ Dislikes: ALL OF THE CURRENT "MUSICIANS", Mopeds
⦁ Favorite Band(s): Iron Maiden, Metal Curch, Avenged Sevenfold, Dethklok, Toby Kieth, Metallica, Megadeth, Accept, U.D.O, Alestorm, Molly Hatchet, Nightwish, Van Hagar
⦁ Favorite Movie(s): This Is Spinal Tap, Rock 'N' Rule, Stage Fright, Heavy Metal, Heavy Metal 2000

Discography:
1. LycanBloodRage
Screams Of The Dark Eagle
Blood Metal Knight
Warriors Of Orion Part 1: Arrival
Journey To Darkness
Land Of The Free-Home Of The Pyschos
Warriors Of Orion Part 2: War (Best Selling Album Of All Time)
Dinner Is Served

2. Blackie(Solo Work)
The Wastelanders
Monsters In Your Dreams
Return Of The Hunter From The Future (Soundtrack to Yor 2)

3. Reunited with LycanBloodRage
Warriors Of Orion Part 3: Galactic Warfare
Personal Nightmares
The Eye Of Sauron
Warriors Of Orion Part 4: United Federations (Final album with Blackie)

⦁ *Reaper Weapon(s): Screamin' Hawk - Custom Electric Guitar