Furry Warrior: A Challenger Novel (Work in Progress)

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Aarden

Re: Furry Warrior: A Challenger fan-fic

Post by Aarden »

Very nice story, I can't wait for the next chapter Challenger! :D
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 5

As the machine lowered itself down, Hurst trembled at the thought of needles in his head. "Well, I guess this is the price I pay for serving my country to the best of my abilities. Forget it, lets get this over with." Hurst closed his eyes and the machine nudged over 40 needles across his body, all at specific muscle points. "Beginnen sie die injektion sequenz" Nixul barked. All in one moment, Hurst body was filled with needles. He felt like he was getting stung by hornets all over his body. Hurst tried to keep the pain inside and moaned loudly. Nixul gave the order for the next step, as the needles grazing Hurst's temples shoved themselves in, Hurst cried out in agony as in that same moment, all the needles simultaneously pumped their liquid into him. Nixul muttered under his breath "Gut, gut, das ist toll." Hurst felt the fluids swimming inside him, seeping through into his muscles. In one instant, Hurst felt his eyes dilate, and a strange animal instinct started to overpower him, almost like he wanted to rip each needle out individually and go on a wild hunt. Nixul spoke softly to the operator "Okay, das tun wird, schalten Sie es nach unten." As Nixul spoke, the needles retracted from Hurst's body, first the ones in his head, then the rest all at once. Hurst felt his body go limp, he knew he was tense. One of the doctors came over and patted down Hurst's incisions with gauze, causing them to stop bleeding. Nixul came over "Alright Mr. Hurst, the first part on your augmentation is over." Two of the doctors picked up Hrust and placed them in a wheelchair. "Also, one thing I forgot to mention" Nixul continued "You might get some animal instincts in the coming days, don't kill yourself okay? This operation costs more than you've made in your whole life, and it only took 30 seconds." Hurst was walked out of the room through the back by one of the doctors and back to his room, where the door was already ajar. Hurst was wheeled into his room as he lifted himself onto his bed. "Now, Mr. Hurst, we need you to just sleep. The longer you can sleep, the easier it will be for you to get used to your new strength."

Back at the office, Goldie was called in, as he saw the same table that was going to accommodate Hurst, with all the same needles, 25 in total. "Well, you might as well give me them all guys. Goldie was quick to roll up his sleeves as the door was closed behind him, leaving Galifer to sit in the chair and wait. "Your name sir?" The doctor said. "Goldie." "Ah, yes, you are here. Alright, go ahead and sit down in the chair here." As Goldie sat down, Nixul went over to the cabinet and pulled out a small vile labeled "Goldie" and filled a syringe with the yellow liquid. "So what are all of these for? I mean, like, is this one testosterone from like, an animal or something?" Nixul raised an eyebrow "Okay, wait a minute, how the heck did you know that" he said with his accent. "Oh, I hacked into your systems a few weeks ago just as practice, this just happened to be in there." Goldie replied with a wide smirk. "Well then, you should know what you're going to be becoming aren't you, Mr. Smarty Pants?" Nixul replied. Goldie turned and spoke "Actually, no, you guys took away my computer on the ride over here. Please, do tell, I'm intrigued." Nixul spoke softly "Well, you, my friend, will be gaining the abilities and appearance of a Doberman Pinscher. Your friend Hurst, a German Shepherd. And that guy Galifer out there, A Coydog. Make sense now?" Goldie nodded "Yeah, alright, lets just start the injections." Nixul nodded as he and two other doctors started poking and prodding Goldie, shoving the needles in specific parts of his arms and legs. Goldie winced at each needles' sharp prick, until the last needles expended its juice. "Alright, so will there be any major changes that I should know about?" Goldie asked. "Oh, well, you might go crazy, or attempt to kill yourself, we ask that you don't. This was fairly expensive, just like what I told Hurst, except he got it MUCH worse. What you went through was nothing."

Goldie was lead out the room the same way everyone else was. At that same moment, Galifer was called into the room. The doctor perked up, knowing that only one was left. A new set of needles were brought out, each filled, just like the previous ones. "So you're Galifer huh? Alright, well, let's make this quick, I'm starving." Galifer had thought of taking the needles and stabbing them into the eyes of each of the doctors that dared touch him. That thought quickly subsided as the first wave of needles poked into him, the concoctions flowing into his veins. They began to subdue him, though he still wanted to stab someone, the closest person he could reach. After the needles, Galifer was taken back to his room, where he sat and stared at the ceiling before falling asleep.

Meanwhile, Hurst felt himself changing. He felt an animal presence taking over him, an animal instinct flowing through his veins. Hurst screamed out in pain and gripped the wall above his bed. His brain was being corrupted from the inside out. "THIS THING INSIDE ME...Y-YOU'RE NOT T-TAKING CONTROL OF M-ME!!" Hurst punched the wall so hard he made a three inches hole the size of his fist. Hurst looked up and saw the gaping hole in the wall just as Goldie was wheeled into the room. Goldie eyes widened at the size of the gaping hole. "W-What... D-Did you do that?!" Hurst looked back menacingly "Y-yeah, but it didn't hurt... I think I'm going to like this." Goldie spoke up again "Hurst, I learned what we're going to be, our uniforms represent what our animals are. Hurst looked down at his, and back to Goldie's "So, what am I?" Hurst asked. Goldie responded "You're going to be a German Shepherd, and I'm a Doberman Pinscher." Hurst smiled widely "Okay, now THAT is freaking cool."
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

*runs around in excitement and glee*
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Love the update!
I love it love it love it love it love it!

I wonder how long it's going to be before they have fur...
Sigma (Σ) (Male Tabby Cat)
Dark Sigma (Σ) (Feral and Black version of Sigma)
Frostbyte (Male Alaskan Wolf)
This is how I came up with Sigma
Kyooshi

Post by Kyooshi »

i really like the way you make the story progress.i cant exactly describe it but it keeps my attention. i cant wait for the next chapter.
I am Kyooshi on irc.
I am a 3'2" tall white wolf with gray streaks.
I am 15 years old(on irc).
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another great update Chall I loved it can't wait for the next part. I love how Goldie was just so easily hacked their computers. :lol:
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Keep up the great work Challenger :) Can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

I speculate that the grafting process for the tails, ears, and muzzle won't be such an enjoyable one.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 6 Two in one day: NEW RECORD!!

Hurst looked at his bloody fist "You know, it really didn't hurt... I just felt this rage built up in me, and I needed to let it out. But I felt so powerful." Goldie asked "You think that will happen to all of us?" Hurst responded "You know what, probably... I'd also put money on at least one guy killing himself in the time between now and what happens next." Hurst smirked and got a sudden whiff of food "Goldie, you smell that? Smells like, Subway sandwiches, Meatball with.." Hurst sniffed the air heavily as Goldie looked on in amazement "How the heck are you smelling anything, I don't smell... wait a minute." Goldie perked up as his ears twitched and his eyebrows raised "I smell it too... Hurst, I think the serums are already taking effect... we're getting dog senses." Hurst looked over at Goldie, half drooling at the smell of food "I think you're right, I just hope we don't go color blind." Goldie pondered the thought "Knowing that we're going into a mission, they probably removed that par--" Goldie's pupils dilated as he started to feel the same rage that Hurst felt, just a delayed rage. Goldie felt his arms bulge a bit at his biceps twitched back and forth. "H-Hurst, is t-this what it f-felt LIKE RRRAAAAAHHHHH" Goldie stepped up from his bed and got on all fours, his right arm punching the ground repeatedly. "HURST, I DON'T LIKE THIS!" Goldie started streaming tears, flowing from his eyes and blood dripping from his fist. As Goldie lifted up his fist, a bit of blood flew over and hit Hurst smack in the cheek. Hurst became furious, and tackled Goldie, pinning him to the ground. Hurst held down Goldie's hands, which were clenched into tight fists. In Goldie's head, the animal within was taking control, and Goldie growled at Hurst, baring his fangs as Hurst stared on in amazement. "Goldie, you need to learn to control it!" Hurst was having a hard time holding Goldie down, and without thinking, Hurst lurched his head forward and headbutt Goldie in the forehead. Goldie felt the pain immediately and whimpered, crying a few more tears. "Look, I'm sorry, but you need to learn how to control this, it's hard, I felt it too." Hurst let go of Goldie and jumped back on his bed. "We need to get some sleep dude, I suggest you go to bed" Hurst said. Goldie got up and rubbed his head and crawled slowly into his bed as Hurst flipped the light off.

Hurst dreamt of his last mission he was on, 15 years ago. He was in Mexico, in the city of San Andres Huayapam. He was taking down one the the most powerful drug lords that the Cartel had ever seen. Hurst turned to his group "Alright guys, you know the drill, get up the hill, into the mansion, take this rat down. I want this to be clean, no killing unless absolutely necessary. The Marines will be right behind us, Ex-fil exactly 5 minutes after we breach, got it?" The group nodded in unison. "Alright, lets go, make it quiet." Hurst and his SEALs moved up the steep hill, jungle fatigues adorned their bodies, along with M4 assault rifles. The group got up the hill and Hurst noticed immediately that it wouldn't be as easy as he thought. Two guards stood outside the main door and another dozen or so patrolled the perimeter. Hurst leaned back against the hill, back to his group. "Alright guys, I have an idea." The group listened intently "Which two of you guys speaks the best Spanish?" Doe and Agner raised their hands. "Alright, when two of the guards come by, take them down silently, make sure no one sees. Kill them, then take their clothes. This is a necessary kill. You're going to smooth talk the guards, and walk right in the front door. You will be Alpha Team. Meanwhile" Hurst started drawing in the hillside mud. "Bravo Team, which consists of me, Woodsman, and Hadore, will go around the back and and take the back way. We all meet in the Main Hall exactly 2 minutes after you two get in, alright?" Doe and Agner nodded, and got into position. Immediately, they both saw two guards coming, and quickly pulled them down onto the hillside, covering their mouths and noses with one hand until they stopped struggling and passed out. Doe and Agner stripped them of their clothes and before they woke up, slit their throats with their knives and pushed them down the hill. Alpha Team popped up and approached the front door, speaking Spanish to the guard before quickly gaining access to the mansion.

"Alright, around the back." Hurst quietly barked Bravo Team, as the team moved around to the back, where there wasn't a single guard in sight. "Perfect" Woodsman muttered. Bravo moved up to the back door, and to Hurst's amazement, was unlocked. "Too easy" Hurst backed up and heard a small click "Something's wrong here." Hurst poked his head into the door to find a claymore mine just inside the door, the string still taut. "Alright guys, claymore inside, make sure you take a big step over the string." As the group entered the house, Woodsman could have sworn he felt his right foot graze the claymore trip device "Whoo, that was close." Hurst looked down at his watch, 2 minutes had passed, and Alpha Team had just arrived into the Main Hall. "We couldn't find the darn place, but anyway." Doe said to Hurst "Alright, Marquez should be just upstairs, probably smoking a dang cigar. Lets get him." Hurst replied as the whole group moved up the stairs and stacked up on opposite sides of the door. "Doe, plant the charges. I'm calling the marines, tell them to be here a bit.." Just before Hurst could finish his sentence, a huge explosion rattled the whole mansion. "CRAP! They must be here already. Doe, blow the door!" Doe clicked the trigger, blowing the doors inward toward Marquez' bed. The team moved in, each with an M4 facing Marquez' face. "GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES, RIGHT NOW!!" Hurst yelled at Marquez, who did what he was told, but not before he pulled out his pistol and shot Agner in the stomach "You son of a..." Hurst said before butting Marquez' face with his M4, knocking the pistol away. "Woodsman, guard the door. The call sign is Phoenix, the counter-response is Eagle." Woodsman nodded and threw a fragmentation grenade a group of guards coming in the front door. In that same instant, Woodsman shot the claymore guarding the back door, sending the doors flying outwards. "Awesome" he muttered as he watched a group of three Marines come in the back door "PHOENIX!!" he shouted. One of the Marines responded back "EAGLE!!" Woodsman turned the rifle to the front door as the Marines leaped up the stairs and into the room. Hurst nodded to the Marines "Did you HAVE to make so much noise?" One of them responded "Well, it made a great distraction, didn't it?" Hurst nodded and handed the unconscious Marquez over to them "Alright guys, lets move, the chopper's outside, down the opposite hill."

The full group moved down the hill, Doe carried Agner over his shoulder down the hill and into the helicopter. As the 9 members got settled in, Woodsman nudged Hurst "Hey, watch this, you like big explosions?" As the chopper lifted off, Woodsman pointed his rifle toward a window and shot one bullet through it, causing half the building to explode, sending small chunks flying all over the area. "Just before we left, I rigged some C4 to an oil barrel, and I'm a good shot." Hurst gave Woodsman a quick fist bump as the dream faded and Hurst woke up in the pitch black of his room, Goldie snoring loudly. "Well darn, I just hope the actual mission that we'll be going on was as exciting as that was." Hurst muttered to himself and lied back down in his bed and slowly drifted off to sleep.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

*drools*
AN ACTION SCENE!
I like explosions! Can you read my mind or something Challenger?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

SUPER AWESOME EPICNESS IN A CAN! x3
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

How big of a can are we talking, Brendy?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

A can the size of CANADA!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The action was good and I can see that animal rage stuff coming back later on a lot. I can't wait for more sweetie. :mrgreen:
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

See! I read it! HA!

...now what to comment about...

Knife addict = the best thing ever to ever exist ever.

but, either way, great read! I look forward to more!
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 7

The next day, Hurst woke up to a very unpleasant surprise. In the pitch black of his room, he rubbed his eyes to wake himself, but noticed something immediately. His hands were now a lot softer than they usually were. Hurst walked over to the light switch and flicked it on to find his hands covered in fur. "What... the heck... seriously?" Hurst looked himself over, noticing that he had fur up to his arms, a short coat of tan hair that waved back and forth. Hurst also felt something different on his feet. He looked down to find that his feet had taken on the same qualities as his arms, short tan fur up to his knees. "Alright, this is already weirding me out. Goldie... Goldie wake up!" Hurst went over to Goldie's bed and shook him, but even before he managed to wake him up, Hurst noticed the sheets were only up to his knees, and Goldie had the same deal. He had smooth black fur covering his legs. "Goldie, you need to get up, right now." Goldie lazily woke up "W-Wha? Why do I have to get up? What's the big de--" Goldie looked down at his exposed feet "Oh.. my god..." Goldie looked over at Hurst's hands that were waking him up. "You've got it too? D-dang, that was quick..." Goldie's sentence trailed off as Hurst let him go. "Guess it didn't take long for that serum to take effect eh?" Hurst replied. "Anyway, lets get out to the mess hall... it's time for food... or, I guess kibble" Hurst smirked at the kibble joke. Goldie rolled out of bed and put on his uniform alongside Hurst, who were now starting to resemble their suits.

Goldie and Hurst walked out to the mess hall to find Galifer already seated with his food. They noticed that Galifer was resembling his uniform as well. His arms we light gray on the inside and dark gray outside. Hurst and Goldie picked up their trays and sat across from Galifer. "So, you taking to this fur well dude?" Hurst said to Galifer "It's stupid, I don't want fur, I'd rather stab those guards than have fur." He jammed his fork into the tray so hard it made the whole table shake, sending the guards on high alert. "It's okay, it's okay guys, he's just venting, nothing wrong!" Goldie yelled. "You've got to control yourself dude, it's nothing serious... besides, looks pretty good on you." Hurst whispered to Galifer. "Look, I'm sorry... but I didn't ask for this. I wanted to be out in the field again, not cooped up in a cage with fur." Hurst replied "Look, we'll be out of here in a week or so. Just keep your cool until then. Okay? Can you do that?" Galifer's head drooped "Yeah, sure, I can do that. Just, I feel this rage building up inside me, like, I could take all of these guards at once." He looked around the room at the guards, each holding an automatic assault rifle, and he shook the thought out of his head. "Look, I was probably the first one of everyone to experience the rage... it's some sort of animal instinct, you have to learn to control it. Goldie here went through it too, I nearly had to knock him out just to make him stop." Goldie smirked "Yeah, that sucked, but I'll bet you at least one guy killed himself because of it." Galifer and Hurst smirked as Hurst replied "Well, some people don't have the will power I guess. So someone probably did." As Hurst was finishing up his sentence, the other members were filing in, taking their seats at the other tables. As soon as everyone was seated and eating, Conwell popped out from one of the hallways. "Galifer! Hurst, Goldie! Come here for a minute please!"

The trio got up from the table and walked past the two guards in front of the hallways, Galifer eying their rifles before pushing the thought out of his head again. "Gentlemen, we have a special request for you three. We need you out in the field sooner than we expected. This will mean that your real training will start tomorrow. Are you guys up for that?" Hurst looked at Goldie and Galifer and replied "Sir, yes sir" with great vigor. Conwell smiled and retorted "Very good. You three will be out of here in a week, and from this point on, you will all be bunking together. Sound good?" The group nodded their heads in unison. "Alright. So, the next thing we ask of you is for you gentlemen to come with me. You will be taken back to the Armory. Nothing's really going to happen there, we just want you guys to pick your weapons of choice, so we know what to train you for." The four walked down several halls until they came to an armored door with a scanner. Conwell scanned in his key card and the group proceeded into the next room. After several more hallways, the four finally came to a heavy bulk door with two guards. Conwell nodded his head as the guards stepped aside. He then put his eye up to a retinal scanner, and a second later, the doors slowly opened.

Hurst's eyes went wide as he saw what the armory held within. Assault rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, submachine guns, light machine guns, everything he could ever think of. The walls were lined with the fine sculpted metal weapons. Galifer immediately saw a table on the right lined with knives and slowly walked to ward them as the group advanced inside. The doors behind them closed and the guards went back to position. "Alright guys, this main table here will serve as your checkout, so to speak, the weapons you want will be placed here. Now Galifer, I know your story, you're a knife addict. If you so by chance even threaten to kill me in here, the guards will shoot you point blank without any questions, no remorse. You got that? There's cameras ALL around here, so don't try anything okay buddy?" Conwell turned back to Hurst and Goldie as Goldie drifted toward the shotguns. "Man, this is my section." Goldie grinned widely while looking at the shotguns. Hurst walked over to the assault rifles "Hey Conwell, can I have one of each?" Hurst joked and looked at the array of weapons "Sorry guys, but you each get one main weapon and a sidearm. Galifer, you can have two pistols." Three nodded and started pulling down weapons, feeling the curves on the stocks and looking down the sights. Galifer picked up a Bowie Knife and placed it on the main table and moved over to the pistols. Hurst eyed the AUG hanging on the wall, right next to the F2000. "Hmmm, decisions...decisions" He muttered. Goldie pulled down a shotgun off the wall as Conwell commented "Ah, the Benelli M4 Super 90... also known as the M1014. Excellent choice Mr. Goldie." Goldie looked down the sights and felt his grip on the trigger "Alright, I'm taking that. Feels really good." He replied.

Over at the assault rifles, Hurst was torn between the F2000 and the AUG. He picked them both up and set them both down several times. "Ugh, I think I'll just go with the F2K, thought the AUG is tempting, ah forget it." Hurst placed the F2000 on the table and joined up with Goldie and Galifer at the pistols. Goldie pulled down a pistol off the wall "Mmmm Jericho 941, Baby Eagle. That one's mine. Alright Conwell, I'm done." He walked over to the main table and waited for the others, feeling his weapons again. Galifer pulled a set of USP .45 caliber pistols off the wall and placed them on the table. "Hey Conwell, can I get these both with silencers?" Conwell perked up "Oh, yes, I forgot, gentleman, you each get one attachment to your main weapon." Goldie went back to the wall and pulled down a vertical grip for his shotgun and placed it next it to weapon. Hurst then went back and grabbed an underbarrel attachment. "Masterkey for me, need the extra firepower." He went back to the pistols wall and grabbed a Desert Eagle. "Sorry buddy, gotta one up you here." Hurst said and placed the pistol on the table. "Alright, looks like we're all set, gentlemen, we'll begin your weapons training in 2 hours." The doors opened once again and the four left the room, each with a huge grin on their faces.
Last edited by Challenger01 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another great chapter Chall I loved it as usual. No real problems that I see can't wait for the action to begin. :mrgreen:
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Galifer is awesome! I've said it once, I can say it again. Galifer is awesome!

Great detail on all the weapons. Gotta say, it feels a little CoD-ish, but that's the charm about it! Got me wonderign what I'd choose now, hehe.

Brilliant update! Can't wait for more. :mrgreen:
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well COD weapons ARE based on real weapons... Look them up, they're real
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I know, I know. I just mean the attachments and how I recognised all the guns from CoD :mrgreen:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not accusing you or anything. I'm just saying I got a feel for it, hehe. ^^
NosWaster

Post by NosWaster »

All I can say is: That is so aweso... *faints*
Kyooshi

Post by Kyooshi »

I like where this is going.
You're really keep me on the edge waiting for the next chapter.
Good job so far I can't wait for the rest
I am Kyooshi on irc.
I am a 3'2" tall white wolf with gray streaks.
I am 15 years old(on irc).
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up guys, I've just been hitting a snag....a VERY BIG snag. Anyways, my mom nearly died, so that kinda threw me off too. I'll attempt to get back to it, it's just gonna be a bit okay? Please stick with me
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

2 hours later...... Galifer, Hurst and Goldie were now in a room with dual bunk beds. Hurst and Goldie were on the right and Galifer on the left. "And I told her 'you need to get back in the kitchen' and the fight was basically over from there." Goldie told the two, reminiscing about the fight he got into about a month ago. "Dude, that was totally not the way to go out.... it should've been over from there, I'm surprised you're still together." Hurst replied in shock. Just before Goldie could respond, a firm set of knocks on the door stopped the conversation dead in its tracks. "Guys, time for the firing range, your training begins now." The three stood up and walked out the door to a guard with an Italian Wolfdog. Goldie looked down and saw the dog "So, what's his name?" The guard replied "Valiant, and for good reason, he's one of our best. Cybernetically enhanced with this chip in the back of his neck. Any more questions?" Goldie shook his head as the three were lead down several corridors and elevators to the firing range.

The range was completely deserted of any personnel, except for the employees of the range itself. Spread out on each of the range stalls were the groups' respective weapons, Goldie's shotgun, Hurst's F2000, and Galifer's USPs. Conwell emerged from a back room carrying 12 boxes of assorted ammunition "Alright guys, this should be enough, for about 5 minutes of Hurst's F2000.... do you guys mind helping me out a bit?" The three nodded as Conwell led to the same back room he emerged from. The room was stocked top to bottom with ammo, but the only thing the three needed were placed on a table in front of them. "Alright guys, here's the stuff, it's about 30 boxes, grab as much as you can,and if you drop any, you're dead, literally... A hard enough shock will send the whole box of ammo all over the place, and we're all dead. Got that?" They all nodded in unison and each brought out a dozen boxes, clearing the table clean off in one pass. "Well, this is quite the ammo stash here Conwell" Hurst said. "Yeah, it is, and you guys are going to go through all of it... but we will also have combat training in a few days, with your fully furred new bodies.... you see, we need your muzzle, ears, and tail to all to fuse in with the fur that's currently growing on you. We need it all to flow together, so tomorrow, you will undergo your surgery, so enjoy your last day as a human. Tomorrow, you will be a full-boar furry. Alright gentlemen, load up." Hurst grabbed two boxes of 45mm rounds from the table and quickly loaded up three of his magazines. Goldie took five boxes of 12 gauge shotgun ammo and loaded up his shotgun with2 hours later...... Galifer, Hurst and Goldie were now in a room with dual bunk beds. Hurst and Goldie were on the right and Galifer on the left. "And I told her 'you need to get back in the kitchen' and the fight was basically over from there." Goldie told the two, reminiscing about the fight he got into about a month ago. "Dude, that was totally not the way to go out.... it should've been over from there, I'm surprised you're still together." Hurst replied in shock. Just before Goldie could respond, a firm set of knocks on the door stopped the conversation dead in its tracks. "Guys, time for the firing range, your training begins now." The three stood up and walked out the door to a guard with an Italian Wolfdog. Goldie looked down and saw the dog "So, what's his name?" The guard replied "Valiant, and for good reason, he's one of our best. Cybernetically enhanced with this chip in the back of his neck. Any more questions?" Goldie shook his head as the three were lead down several corridors and elevators to the firing range.

The range was completely deserted of any personnel, except for the employees of the range itself. Spread out on each of the range stalls were the groups' respective weapons, Goldie's shotgun, Hurst's F2000, and Galifer's USPs. Conwell emerged from a back room carrying 12 boxes of assorted ammunition "Alright guys, this should be enough, for about 5 minutes of Hurst's F2000.... do you guys mind helping me out a bit?" The three nodded as Conwell led to the same back room he emerged from. The room was stocked top to bottom with ammo, but the only thing the three needed were placed on a table in front of them. "Alright guys, here's the stuff, it's about 30 boxes, grab as much as you can,and if you drop any, you're dead, literally... A hard enough shock will send the whole box of ammo all over the place, and we're all dead. Got that?" They all nodded in unison and each brought out a dozen boxes, clearing the table clean off in one pass. "Well, this is quite the ammo stash here Conwell" Hurst said. "Yeah, it is, and you guys are going to go through all of i the 5 rounds. Galifer took three boxes of 45mm and loaded up both USP 45s with full magazines. As all three put on heavy ear muffs, Conwell barked "Gentlemen! When you're ready, commence firing!"

And with that, Hurst pulled the trigger on his F2000 and held it for two seconds, feeling five quick hits of recoil against his shoulder. "Man this thing really does feel good, and it's accurate, awesome." He thought to himself. Two stalls over, Goldie felt each shell give him a massive blow to his shoulder with each trigger pull, each leaving a good bruise. "Well, jeez, I could really do some massive damage with this thing." Goldie reloaded and fired a few more shots. Meanwhile, Galifer was dual-wielding his pistols, firing them at the same time, and intermittently, back and forth. Once Galifer ran out of ammo in his clip, he took his combat knife out and turned to his left. A human ballistics figure stood upright and Galifer chucked his knife at it, the blade digging itself in up to the handle just under the ribs. "Oh heck yeah, still got it." Goldie caught Galifer's throw out of the corner of his eye and looked over, setting his shotgun down. "Dude, that is an awesome throw." Galifer Pulled the knife back out and put it back in it's sleeve. "You think that was a good shot? Watch this." Galifer and Goldie backed up to where Hurst stood and Galifer lined himself up. "Check this out." Galifer looked directly at Goldie and chucked his knife hard, the blade landing itself just under the figure's eye. "Okay, now I'm very impressed." Galifer smirked as Hurst continued firing, his shots getting more and more accurate with each trigger pull. The shots were hitting right in the center of the target. Goldie and Galifer went back to their respective stalls and fired and reloaded until all three ran out of ammunition.

"Excellent work gentlemen, you're everything we expected you to be." Conwell perked up. "Now then, as I said before, get used to your last day of being human. I'm allowing you guys to go outside for a while, get some open air. Some people go crazy from claustrophobia down here. You'll still be on the base, but you'll be outside. Just remember this, this location is in Building two, second elevator to the right, subfloor 12. Have fun gentlemen."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another great chapter babe as I told you earlier. Can't wait to see what they all do on their last day of being human. I also loved you putting Valiant in the story that was great. :mrgreen:
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 9

The trio walked out of the firing range to the nearby elevator. Goldie was the last to enter as Hurst pressed the button to take them to the surface. As the elevator closed and started its ascent, Goldie started getting the butterfly feeling in his stomach "Guys, what if they look at us like we're freaks or something? I mean, we're covered in dog fur for crying out loud!" Galifer responded "Meh, forget them, we're better soldiers than them anyways. In every way, shape, and form. I'd put money on the fact that I can run faster than any of them." Hurst nodded in response to Galifer as the elevator opened, which lead to a small hallway with a door and security table at the end. The group walked out of the elevator towards the door and nodded at the security guard in the room through the glass before opening the door, feeling the sun's warmth over their fur. Galifer squinted his eyes, not used to how bright the sun was, considering his time in artificial light over the past week. "Wow, kind of nice to be back in the sun, it was always cold in the room." Hurst muttered to himself. Almost immediately, two of the base members saw the trio standing outside the door and tried their best to look away, not wanting to cause a scene. Hurst spoke softly to the group "Look, guys, just act normal, control your rage, and everything will be fine." The three walked around a bit, each going their separate ways, walking to different parts of the base. Along the way, each encountered the same look, a look of almost fear in everyone's eyes at full grown men covered in fur. Galifer got a bit paranoid with some of them, noticing that they were staring at him for longer than he wanted. He felt like he was being watched, and nearly snapped, but he realised what Hurst said about his rage. He eventually blew it off, knowing that we could probably kill them if he tried.

Goldie sat on a nearby bench and stared at the sky, blissfully thinking about the life he would have to give up, even if it was for his country. "Well.... never thought I'd be in a situation like this. No amount of hacking and training could have led me to what I am becoming." He thought to himself, watching as a Sikorsky flew over his head toward the landing pad. Hurst saw the same Sikorsky Pave Low fly over his head as he walked around a grassy area in the middle of the base. He looked down at his hands, which were rapidly turning into paws. He rubbed his hands together and felt the rough surfaces touch each other, sending a small chill up his spine. "Well... I wonder." Hurst muttered to himself and put his hands on the grass, feeling the blades touch the bottoms of them and he drug them across the thick surface. The massive amount of friction nearly kept his hands from moving "Wow... these thing have some serious grip. Now things are starting to make more sense.... I must not have noticed it earlier, but dang." Hurst continued walking around, getting plenty of fresh air into his system. He went out and found Goldie sitting on the bench "To think that we'll be like this forever... I wonder what our wives will think." Goldie said to Hurst "Yeah, it will certainly be a pretty massive surprise, I wonder how much she meant it when she said she likes dogs." Hurst and Goldie both chuckled a bit at the thought "You know... if this mission, or series treats me right, I might just have to stay in longer... I might get a good kick out of it" Goldie perked and felt his ears flick back and forth, his animal qualities already showing. "I think we should get back to the compound... I'm tired of seeing everyone stare at us, considering we ARE only half furry." Goldie nodded and picked himself up from the bench and started walking back toward the building and Hurst followed suit.

Galifer saw the two shortly after and walked up to them "We're going back huh? Well, alright... I think I've gotten enough air to last me another few weeks. Galifer looked around, people still staring at him as he gave them a bad look. The trio got into the elevator and Hurst hit the button for subfloor 12. AS the elevator made its descent, Hurst breathed a heavy sigh and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Goldie looked over "Is something wrong Hurst?" Hurst rubbed his nose more "No, nothing's wrong... I'm just tired, I want to get this thing over with... I mean, the whole transformation thing. I hate having things half done, and I feel like a half done project, I cant stand it." Galifer replied just as the the elevator doors opened "Look, well be covered soon, I hope... we'll look a lot less human, that's pretty much assured. Hurst nodded and walked out with the other two to their new room. The trio had two bunk beds on opposite sides of each other "We might as well get an early rest, knowing these guys, it's another 6 AM wake up call" Hurst spoke softly as the other two nodded and hopped into their bunks "Well guys... I guess this is it. Last night human, let's enjoy it" Hurst said and turned out the light before quickly falling asleep.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another great chapter babe (a bit short but I knew was going to be) I can't wait to see what happens when they become full furry if they thought the staring was bad now its going to be worse.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 10

The next morning. Time, unknown. The only thing that Hurst knew was that he was lying down, facing the ceiling, a set of bright light blinding his eyes "W-What's going on, where am I?" He muttered, still half asleep. Nixul was hovering over Hurst's face "Well... our calculations were a bit off... you'll be turning full furry right now. We thought you'd have a few more hours, but the fur is growing a bit more rapidly than we originally thought, so, just go to sleep and before you know it, it will be all over. Nixul took two small tubes and inserted them into Hurst's nose which caused him to instantly fall asleep. Nixul cracked his knuckles "Alright... lets do this" He said in his thick German accent.

Several hours passed by, but to Hurst, it only felt like 2 second from the time he was knocked out to the time he felt several bandages around his face. He was in a wheelchair, slowly being moved to another room. It also felt like someone took a sledgehammer and smashed his lower back, his whole back spasming constantly. Hurst tried talking, but found the bandages very tightly wrapped around what felt like a longer snout. He opened his eyes and peered through the slits and saw that his mouth was much further extended, and it in fact was a muzzle! "Great, when they meant full furry, they really meant it... ow ow ow" He thought to himself as his wheelchair kept rolling toward another room. When he finally reached what seemed to be his room, two nurses picked him up out of his wheelchair and set him down on his bed. The bed had a hole in it, where Hurst's tail was placed into. "What's going on, are we done?" Hurst mumbled. Nixul was there, waiting for him in his room "We've completed the operation, take a look at your hands, or, should I say paws." Hurst rubbed his hands together and felt the fur cover them, and felt several long nails scratch at his fur. He brought them up to his face "Wow... you guys did a great job." Nixul chuckled "Oh, but the best part is yet to come. Nurse, please undo Mr. Hurst's bandages." The nurse nodded and pushed Hurst's head backward, slowly undoing the bandages that wrapped his face. As the last one came off, Hurst looked down at his brown muzzle and moved his jaw, feeling its massive weight almost pull his face down. He clamped down on his jaw, keeping it shut "We've given you a few alterations, the last adjustments your body will have to get used to." Nixul said to Hurst as Hurst felt his tail wag "Umm... Doc? Is my... uh, tail, supposed to be wagging?" Nixul nodded "Why yes, since you now have a tail, your brain will subconsciously control it, like, when you're happy, it will wag... and when you're serious, it will be stopped stone dead." Hurst nodded "C-Can I see what I look like now and uh... wait a second." Hurst felt a strange flicking motion, and he reached up and grabbed at his ear was as a human "Umm, where are my ears?" Nixul nodded and chuckled "Go a little higher, you'll feel them." Hurst grazed his paws up further on his head until he felt his ears "Oh god, they're really high up. Is this right?" Nixul nodded again "Yes, for balance purposes, if your ears were down lower, if would throw you off balance, and we can't be having that. Well... What we need you to do now is get some sleep, you start your workout training tomorrow." Nixul left the room and closed the door behind him as Hurst stared up at the ceiling and slowly drifted off to sleep.

He was home. He came home to his wife, though, a little shocked at what her husband had become. He embraced her in his thick, furry arms and kissed her with his long muzzle, nearly missing the first time. "I'm glad to see you... it's been too long." He cried a small tear as it rolled onto her dress "I missed you too honey." She cried as well as they stood there for several minutes, just enjoying each other's company. After some time, the two finally walked into the house and Hurst flopped down hard onto the couch, smelling it hard with his new senses, but something was wrong "Sweetie? Has there been another man here?" He asked as his wife walked into the kitchen "No, I've been all alone since you left, why do you ask?" Hurst scratched his head "Oh, I just smelled a strange smell on the couch, smelled like someone else." And at that exact moment another car pulled into the driveway, and Hurst heard it before Shanna did "Honey, why is there another car in the driveway?" Shanna stuttered a bit "Uhh, I dunno, it must be the pizza guy or something." Hurst walked to the door "I'm calling bull, what's going on?" As he opened the door, a young, masculine figure stepped out of the Corvette in the driveway "Who the hell do you think you are, and why are you at my house?" The young man stuttered a bit "I-I'm here to pick up Shanna.. we were supposed--" Even before he could finish his sentence, Hurst laid down a strong right hook to the man's head, knocking him out onto his car. Shanna was already behind him, shaking his shoulder hard. Hurst wasn't moving, and hardly breathing, all he could do was stare at the body on the car and give a quick glare to his wife "I'm done...I don't want to see you anymore." Hurst grabbed his bag from the couch inside the house and walked steadily off the porch "Look, honey, I can explain all of this, it was nothing, I swear, I'm still faithful." Shanna cried to her husband. Hurst kept walking at the same pace away from the house "Too bad, you had your chance, now you screwed up." Shanna let go of his shoulder and dropped to her knees and cupped her eyes, crying heavily, feeling heavy tears run into her hands. Hurst didn't even look back to see his wife, instead, he took off his wedding ring from his furry paw and dropped it in the middle of the road.

Hurst woke up in shock at the dream. "Oh, dear god...I...I can't let that happen... it won't happen." Hurst rolled out of the bed and stood up, walking over to the wall, leaning against it with open paws "It can't happen..." Hurst cried a small tear and walked back to bed, lying on his side as he slowly fell back to sleep, trying to force all the negative thoughts out of his head.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another great chapter babe I felt so bad for Hurst at the end there. I can't wait to see how the other adjust to being fully Furry.
redmarker97

Post by redmarker97 »

A story? With weapons? How come I haven't seen this before! Anyways. I like your writing style, description, and characterization. Its all quite good, and I would buy the novel should you get it published. However, being the gunnut that I am, I noted several... misconceptions, if you will. Allow me to elaborate.

1. 45mm. A common misconception, had to explain this to some other people that I know. The H&K USP fires a .45 ACP(Automatic Colt Pistol), cartridge.
2. Special Forces Operators can have alot more than one attachment. There are some pictures of an M4A1 with a M203, EOTech 552 Holographic Sight, and a PEQ-2/A Laser Designator. However, this may come into play later when someone doesn't have a M203 if they come across LAVs or something of the like.
3. The Sikorsky MH-53 'Pave Low'. It was retired in January 2008, and in 2010, replaced with the CV-22 Osprey. Most people aren't aware of the MH-53's retirement, so again, I can see this happening with people who actually have lives. >.>

I can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the great work!

EDIT:
Again, awesome chapter.
Psykeout wrote:
redmarker97 wrote:WMD's.
Waterballoons of Mass Drenching.
Echo of Eden(Over XBL): "3 Kill Streak! Ford Pinto is read for combat!"
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I know the Pave Low was retired... but Modern Warfare 2 has it's effect :D

And, I didn't want to put in the SOPMOD that most guns can be modified to, for simplicity's sake.

And thank you, it means a lot, did you read the whole thing?
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 11
The next morning. Hurst felt like his head was in a fog, a very dense fog. He slowly woke up and blinked his eyes a few times, rubbing them with his paws. "Ugh... dang... feel like I got hit by a semi, flat fronted too..." He continued blinking, trying to get used to the amount of light coming into his room. "H-Hey, wait a minute." He muttered as he slowly rolled out of bed and walked over to the blinds and pulled them down, noticing the base below his window, the sun shining brightly. "Either this is the same set-up as The Island, or I'm in the hospital wing, and not down in the training center. I'll believe the latter before holograms." Hurst's tail wagged a bit, knowing that he wasn't underground, and that he actually felt normal for the first time in a few days, despite the fur. He clenched his paw and felt his wedding ring wrapped tightly around his finger, rotating it back and forth. "Oh, good... still there." The door to Hurst's room opened and in the doorway stood Nixul, tapping his fingers on his shoulder "Oh, good, you're up and moving, you feeling alright? Enough to move around easily?" He asked with his thick German accent. Hurst nodded back slowly, still looking outside "Yeah, I'm feeling alright, is there any particular reason why I can't seem to keep my tail under control though?" He tilted his head, noticing his still wagging tail. Nixul replied softly "It's a matter of subconscious thoughts, knowing you're no longer in a dark, confined area has excited you, even if you don't show it, your tail basically plays off all of your subconscious thoughts." Nixul shrugged "It's just in your now furry nature... Just like how dogs do it." Hurst let the blinds flip back down and slowly turned around "Alright... let me get dressed, and I'll be out in a few minutes."

Nixul quietly closed the door behind him, waiting outside it, leaning against the wall. Inside, Hurst grabbed his uniform, but didn't put the top half on, only his lower uniform. He walked out of the room, slowly, still trying to adjust to the light. Nixul tapped Hurst on the shoulder "I certainly hope you slept well, because if you didn't, you'll sleep well tonight. I guarantee it." Nixul chuckled lightly and lead Hurst down the hall, past several dozen doors or patients. As Nixul reached the elevator, he pressed the button, then turned to Hurst "When was the last time you did an underwater demolition or reconnaissance mission, if you remember?" Hurst thought back to a mission he did in Panama, several years ago. He and his team of four had to plant four trip mines on their designated target ships, then swim over a kilometer away to their extraction point, detonate the explosives, and head back to base "Oh, jeez, it was something like 14 years ago... and 20 bucks says that during that time, the technology has changed, and I'm going to have to re-learn it all over again?" Nixul nodded "You got it, but don't worry, you and your roommates will all go through it together.... or so I'm told. I have to watch you suffer under the surface to make sure that you're adjusting to the fur, and that it stays firmly attached to your skin. Hurst rubbed the flat bridge of his nose, right between his eyes, still not quite used to not having a canine nose bridge "Great... as if going through it once wasn't hard enough... well, if nothing else, it will be cool to see the new tech you guys have got."

Just before the doors to the elevator opened, a nurse burst through a set of double doors, her heels clacking against the tile "Nixul! It's one of the experiments... he... oh, I-I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to offend you." She apologized to Hurst "No offense taken." He shrugged off the thought as Nixul walked down the hall "Hurst, you know where to go, it's pretty obvious by now." Hurst chuckled lightly and stepped into the elevator and pressed the key for the main room. As the doors closed, he hummed to himself, occasionally muttering a few lyrics "Keep holding on, when my brain's ticking like a bomb. Hmmhmmhmmmmhmmhm." As the elevator descended, Hurst thought to himself "I wonder how Goldie and Galifer are holding up...Definitely have to make a crack at Goldie." The elevator came to a halt at the base level and Hurst stepped out quickly and out the sliding doors of the Medical Bay to the courtyard, a familiar spot, where he immediately recognized the building he was meant to be at. "Simple enough... Nixul was right." Hurst walked across the courtyard at a brisk pace, noticing that he was getting even more odd looks from the fellow soldiers on base, more than the first time we went out with Galifer and Goldie. Hurst shook the thoughts and walked to the training center, and pressed the button for the appropriate floor. The elevator descended rapidly to subfloor 12, and as the doors opened, Hurst found Conwell leaning against a nearby wall. Conwell turned his head, noticing the door opened and looked in "Ah perfect! Hurst, glad to see you...If you're wondering, Goldie and Galifer are waiting on you at the pool, they're all suited up, just waiting for you." Hurst nodded and replied "Well, you lead the way, you know this place much better than I do."

Conwell lead Hurst down a maze of halls and a flight of stairs to the pool, where Hurst saw both Goldie and Galifer sitting on a bench, both suited up with new dive gear on their backs "Wow, you guys actually look pretty awesome... And to think I was going to rag on you Goldie." Hurst said to the now Doberman Pinscher that was Goldie. Goldie grinned back at Hurst "You're not looking too bad yourself actually." Then Galifer perked up "Well... lets get going, I'd like to get this day over with if you don't mind, cause this is going to basically suck for all of us." Hurst nodded and put on his weight belt as Nixul rushed down and burst through the double doors "I didn't miss anything yet right?" Conwell looked over and motioned for him to stand by "Nope, they're just getting ready, you haven't missed anything." Nixul breathed a heavy sigh of relief as Hurst took the straps and rebreather up onto his back, and asked Goldie to push them up further. Goldie held up the heavy rebreather on Hurst's back and Hurst tightened down the straps further. "You mind checking me over Goldie?" Hurst asked as Goldie nodded, checking up and down Hurst's gear, patting him on the shoulder "Yup, you're good." Hurst thanked Goldie "Alright Nixul, what next?" Nixul was looking at his notes, then pokes his head up "Well, at this point, we get our safety divers and our instructors in the water, then you guys, and you train.. I will be watching you the whole time, making sure everything goes as planned." The trio nodded and Conwell tapped on a glass window next to him "Alright, we're set, get your guys out here, and lets get started."
Last edited by Challenger01 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

heh I can't wait for more, the demolition training should be cool. Two problems I noticed the first paragraph IMO is a bit long and maybe should be split in two. And "I certainly hope you slept well, can if you didn't, you'll sleep well tonight. I guarantee it." Should be "Because if you didn't" Other then that a very interesting chapter as usual.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Interesting story, and when I mean interesting, I mean great! XD
To tell you the truth, I don't have an inkling of knowledge about military stuffs, since I don't play FPSs, but the description in the story is really detailed, making it easier to get into the story.

I'll be adding this to my fanfic reading list, if you don't mind. =3 Looking forward for the next update!

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
yehoshua

Re: Furry Warrior: A Challenger Novel (Work in Progress)

Post by yehoshua »

Truly amazing story you have there Challenger, I can't believe I haven't come across it until now!
Sent from my conifer.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 12
Hurst went through his full checklist as best as he could remember from his training "Alright, BC, regulator... wait a sec. This is new." He held the regulator in his paw, the plastic tip extended to accommodate the canine muzzles "Hey Nixul, I'm going to take a wild guess, but did you come up with this too?" Nixul looked up to see Hurst holding the modified regulator "Ah yes, I most certainly did... obvious reasons, had a few guys from the dive center custom modify those for you gentleman." The trio look at them in unison. Galifer still didn't quite understand the meaning "So what, the normal ones won't work?" Nixul chuckles and replied "Yeah, basically... the mouth pieces for humans won't exactly fit on canines, so we had to make a few custom for you guys." Goldie perked up "Are you sure these things are to work?" At that moment, cracked a somewhat evil smile across his face "Well, that's what we're about to find out now isn't it?" Galifer pinched the bridge of his nose "God I hate when he does that... He's done that look before, just before we got changed, he did that same look to me... darn it." Hurst shrugged and looked down at the bench, noticing a few dive masks. He picked one up, noticing the different shape "Oh, wow... more custom stuff? Wow, that's actually pretty cool... this whole canine thing is getting better and better." Hurst grinned and looked at Galifer, who was clearly still not happy "Easy for you to say." Galifer shrugged and took his diving mask of the bench, and Goldie soon followed suit afterwards.

Two of the dive masters came out of the windowed room behind Nixul and gave him a tap on the shoulder as they walked past, over to the trio "Alright gentleman, name's Felix, this is Cooper, I know two of you have never done this before... which two would that be?" Goldie and Galifer raised their paws immediately "Ah, perfect, you two will be with Cooper here, as for you..." Felix looked at the German Shepherd that was Hurst "You will be with me, since, obviously, you've had some experience, we're just going to basically get you refreshed, it shouldn't be more than a 20 minute dive. Though, you two will basically be getting a full blown crash course in one shot, so you had better pay attention." Nixul held his papers in his hand and walked out of the aquatic center, down a set of steps to an observation area at the deep end of the pool, where he had a perfect view of the training area.

Back up no the surface, Hurst tested out his new regulator and clenched down on it with his jaw and took a few breaths, then pulled it back out "Alright, feels fine, air's flowing fine." Felix held his fins in his hand and walked around Hurst and checked his gear "Everything checks out, when you're ready, jump on in." Hurst took his regulator into his mouth, holding his mask as well and his weight belt with his other paw and jumped into the pool. The water rushed up and over his furry feet, and over his ears, drowning them in the chlorine water. He resurfaced and put one paw on his head, letting Felix know he was alright. Felix jumped in soon after Hurst and rejoined him on the surface "Alright, so, you seem comfortable yes?" Hurst nodded "Yeah, fur feels a bit weird in the water... but other than that, I'm fine." Felix gave Hurst the thumbs down signal, telling him to follow him to the bottom of the pool. Hurst popped his regulator back into his canine maw and released the air out of his BC, causing him to slowly descend to the pool. He wiggled his ears back and forth, which made them equalize, a trick he had been doing ever since he was a kid. As he slowly sunk to the bottom, he fed a bit of air into his BC, which kept him neutrally buoyant, but on his knees, which barely touched the bottom. He noticed that, unlike Felix before him, his regulator was releasing and bubbles, which pleased him, knowing that he basically would be unseen on the surface. Hurst saw the thick window out of the corner of his eyes and noticed Nixul behind it, flipping through papers and occasionally looking back up at Hurst. He gave Nixul the 'okay' symbol, followed by a set of devil horns on his right paw.

Back on the pool deck, Galifer and Goldie were still working with Cooper, who was leading them through buddy breathing and rescue techniques. They both picked up on it fast enough and within a few minutes, were in the pool with Hurst. Nixul flashed the 'okay' signal back to Hurst, who looked back at Felix. Felix instructed him to ascend back to the surface, and Hurst followed, refilling his BC with the air from the rebreather. As his muzzle broke the surface, Hurst took the regulator out of his maw and grinned "Wow... feels good to get back in the water..." Felix grinned "Well, that's good" He muttered and climbed out of the pool, followed closely by Hurst. The two on the deck helped each other take off their gear, and Hurst sat down on the bench, setting his mask back where he found it and waited for Goldie and Galifer to resurface.

About an hour passed by before they did. Goldie came back up with a stupid grin on his face, a feeling of over-excitement filled him. Galifer only managed to crack a small smirk through the whole training session. Cooper climbed up out of the pool and helped both Goldie and Galifer back out. As they were getting their gear off, Nixul slowly walked through the door to the aquatic center and over to the trio "Alright guys, looks like everything's holding together alright... you three will be fine should you ever get back in the water." Hurst was the first to grin at the thought of his fur not coming off, then Goldie eventually realized what that meant for him. Nixul pat Hurst's wet furry shoulder "You guys should probably get cleaned up, chlorine in your fur will cause it to get sticky as hell." Hurst nodded and waved a paw to Goldie and Galifer to follow him, the wet fur slopping and making squishy noises as they walked the pool deck over to the showers, which were just down the hall.

[[paragraph omitted]]

The trio were met by Conwell after they dressed "Guys, how are you feeling?" Galifer was the first to respond "Alright.... wet, slightly cold." Conwell grinned "Good, cause tomorrow you get some ground training, if our calculations, when you get on the treadmill, you'll be running somewhere near the 20 mile per hour range." Goldie's ears shot up "Seriously? Jeez that's fast." Conwell nodded "Yeah, you won't be the fastest, but faster than any human can run... I told you guys you would be faster, better, stronger, I didn't lie." Conwell gave the furs a quick salute "I'll see you tomorrow gentlemen." The three gave him a salute, then walked out of the room, down a few halls, and back to their room. Goldie climbed up on the bed as Hurst and Galifer flopped down onto their lower bunks. Hurst got back up and walked to the light switch "Night guys, sleep well" He muttered and flipped out the lights.

[[Alright, since this novel WILL be adult themed, there is a paragraph I have decided to omit for the purpose of being PG here on the forums, however, that chapter WILL be in the final cut of the novel.. just, don't sweat it, Also, this chapter was hard for me to write because it's been a while since I've gone on a dive, so excuse me if it's horrible]]
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another great chapter babe I love the detail in this one its nice and long. I can't wait for the next chapter in fact I can't wait until they start their missions its going to be great, I can tell.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Yay, an update!

Seem like the three of them had fun learning diving, wished I could try it sometimes...
I love the detailed descriptions of the whole diving process, it really makes the scene easier to understand and and picture! And when you've never dived before, the details makes the whole thing more vivid to the mind. XD

And looks like Hurst is beginning to really enjoy being a dog now, that's good to see! X3

I'll look forward to the next one, Chall! It'll be fun to see them run that fast =3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I only went diving once, I looked at the void that is the seemingly endless ocean, got scared and chickened out. I was 10 years old back then ^_^
Sent from my conifer.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I have consistent followers?

Cue Rainbow Dash: ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

hey. I'm reading this now. ^_^

great novel. and nice update length, not too long, not too short.

I look forward to the next update.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets