Furry Warrior: A Challenger Novel (Work in Progress)

For talking about images, videos, and all that other bandwidth-killing stuff. Put ALL your media-related stuff that is not similarly Housepets-related here: Stories etc.

Moderator: ArcWolf

Helmetzid

Re: Furry Warrior: A Challenger Novel (Work in Progress)

Post by Helmetzid »

Time for my catchphrase:AWESOMESAUCE
Peanut has a Facebook!!!
It takes a REAL genius to do something truely stupid!-ME
Wanna play a game with me on steam? PM me
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Chapter 13

The trio awoke to a shortly flickering light, followed by a solid florescent light in the room. The hum of the light buzzed in their ears much louder than they would have expected, considering that a human would have barely heard it. Galifer was the first to roll out of bed and grabs his last clean pair of pants "Come on guys, get up" he barked. Goldie blinked his eyes back and forth a few times and stretched his left arm and his right leg without knowing it "Well talk about living the part Goldie... starting to act like a dog too when you stretch that way." Galifer smirked slightly as Goldie slowly woke up, smacking his lips several times before climbing down the bunk, his tail swaying back and forth "Wait.... I stretch like a dog?" Goldie asked. Galifer replied yeah, you know how dogs stretch with, like, one arm and one leg? You just did that...." Behind their conversation, Hurst up slowly getting out of bed, somehow without Galifer noticing. He slipped his uniform pants on and kicked Goldie in the rear "Come on Goldie, get your pants on, this is the last time we'll be in here, and, now that I think about it." Hurst looked around for his bag, which carried several other sets of pants. "Apparently they've already taken our stuff, probably just trying to get out out of here." Galifer spun on his heels, not only to avoid the bareness of the Doberman behind him, but to also look for his stuff "Yeah, my stuff's gone as well.... I guess you're right." By the time Galifer turned around, Goldie was just getting the button on his pants. Hurst reached for the door handle "Let's do this."

The door creaked open with a loud CREEEEEEEEEEEEK, which caused Goldie to fold his ears down and cover them "Something wrong?" Gailfer asked and nudged his shoulder "D-Doors... creaking doors, they're like the nails on a chalkboard to..." But before Goldie could finish his sentence, Hurst found Conwell and Nixul standing outside the door "Jeez, do you guys stalk us everywhere?" Hurst asked as Goldie took his paws off his ears, feeling them spring right back up. Conwell and Nixul spoke one syllable at the same time, then Nixul backed down and gave Conwell control over the speech "Gentlemen, it has come to my understanding that the Russians have been profiting from more than one trade source..." Conwell walked a few steps back in forth in front of them "It's not just China they've been dealing with. Before we sent in SEAL Team 5 to take out Achmedinijad, we found intel that leads us to believe that Iran is in on it too... and if China and Iran team up, they'll basically have the largest stockpile of Uranium this planet has ever seen. We need to stop them, now...If we don't, we're looking at megadeath across every country, hundreds of millions of lives will be lost. I don't mean to put so much weight on your shoulders, but for right now, you are the guardians of, well the world basically." A silence fell over all three of them, their eyes staring with an almost blankness at Conwell "Now....the good news for you guys is, well, I'll let Nixul explain." Conwell stepped back to his original spot and leaned against the wall "Alright, we've found that during testing, you three have been our best test subjects, naturally, but, Herbstrein and I have found a catalyst to the transformation process. We found a faster way of turning humans into, ahem, 'furries' as you call them..." Hurst tilted his head slightly "And this is good because?" Nixul continued "Well, let me show you... JENSEN!" Nixul shouted down the intersected hall. No more than a second later, a white tiger with blood red eyes came around the corner, his tail swaying in almost flamboyant fashion back and forth, his ears flicking on occasion. The tiger approached the other three without hesitation "Name's Jensen, Tobee Jensen" he said with a proper English accent. Nixul continued "This here is Jensen, former MI-6 agent, now he's serving for us, and wouldn't you know it? We pumped him out in half the time!" Jensen grinned and rocked back and forth on his footpaws. Goldie raised an eyebrow "And he's just as well done as us?" "Well, the data says he is, but he's got an 85% chance of coming out without any mutations." Jensen's eyes went wide "Okay, wait a minute, you never said that back at the lab." "You never asked, but it's no big deal." Nixul flipped through his papers "Yeah, you should be fine." Jensen grumbled and muttered an obscenity under his breath. Conwell gave a double tap on Jensen's shoulder and nodded him to stand with the others, and he complied, quickly standing next to Hurst, looking up and down his frame. "Alright, well, now that that percentage of the saving the world is off your shoulders, lets get you guys down to training."

The four followed Conwell while Nixul was still looking at his papers, then realized he was getting left behind and quickly caught up. Jensen looked at the trio up and down, trying to understand why the was brought onto, what seemed to him like, such an old and obsolete group. He figured out after several hallways that it simply had to be because of experience, of which, while he had some, he didn't exactly have the time to back it up. Conwell and the group turned one last corner to an indoor gymnasium, where upon a treadmill, Herbstrein was monitoring the the results of a large equine soldier, running at what seemed to be in the 40 mile per hour range "Wow... fast horse." Hurst and Jensen muttered at almost the same moment, which caused them to look at each other. Hurst grinned at it, but Jensen was still unsure of the older canine. Conwell led them to a set of four treadmills, that while normally used for horses like the one the just saw, would be used for them. "We've got heart monitors and individual hard drives recording all the information we'll need for the testing today" Nixul said to the group "Well, can we get started?" Goldie asked. Conwell nodded "Why not... doctor, please ready the test subjects. Just go ahead and stand of the treadmill, Nixul will hook you all up." The group stepped up almost in unison as Nixul came over to Hurst to start. He started clipping small instruments to his fur at specific points. While Hurst was getting hooked up, Jensen and Galifer stretched their legs out as Goldie tugged his arms back and forth by the biceps. Nixul finished just a few minutes after he started hooking him and immediately turned the treadmill on, starting it at 10 miles an hour, while a fast run for a normal human, Hurst found it to really be no more than a jog "How fast is this?" Nixul replied as he started hooking Jensen up "You're running at 10 miles an hour." Hurst was absolutely shocked "Wait, are you serious?! This is 10? Come on, this is a jog." Nixul finished hooking up Jensen to the machine and grinned "Don't worry, it'll get faster." He flipped the switch for the tiger's treadmill and started him off the same.

By the time Nixul finished hooking up Galifer and cranking up his treadmill, Hurst found himself starting a mild run "D-Doc.... what are we....at now?" Nixul looked the data the on the computer screen "That's 18 miles an hour." Hurst dug himself into his running rhythm, now fueled by the fact that was running faster than any human could keep up with. He knew at this point in his heart, he truly was a hybrid soldier, he was a furry warrior. As the speed climbed, it eventually maxed out at 25, where Hurst found himself full on sprinting, but not getting terribly tired. Goldie on the other hand, wasn't as physically fit. He was starting to get tired around 18 "D-Doc! C-Can we stop?!" Goldie pleaded and Nixul immediately slowed the machine down to a brisk 7 miles per hour "Better?" Goldie nodded happily in response to the much slower pace, his paws gripping onto the sides to keep him from falling off. As 5 minutes passed by, Hurst, Jensen and Galifer felt their machines slowing down. After 10 minutes, all four sleds came to a halt, the furs completely out of breath. Jensen leaned over the side of the treadmill and vomited directly into a bucket. Conwell winced at the sight, and kept himself from looking. "Alright, I have the data, you guys can go lie down" Nixul said to the group. Jensen decided to take the best bed possible, the one right under his footpaws. He flopped right down onto the treadmill, belly up, watching as his new partners found their own spots to cool down. "Conwell, look at this, his heart rate never even moved at this speed, that's incredible!" Nixul tried keeping his enthusiasm down, but found that his vision, his experiments were performing far beyond what he could have hoped for. The two walked over to a general central area "Alright, you guys are what we've hoped for, and a lot more.... so, I am glad to say, you guys are done! You four will immediately ship out to Yokato Air Force Base in Japan at 20:00 hours today. It's been an honor serving you guys. Now, if you get up, I'll give you all one final salute." Jensen rolled himself off the treadmill and slowly stood up, his knees weak and wobbly. The other three stood in a line in front of Conwell, visibly tired and weak as Jensen made his way over to the line. Conwell threw his hand up first at the group, and the group returned the salute at the same moment. When Conwell retired his, the four set down their arms a lot more slowly than hey normally would have, only due to their fatigue. "God Speed gentlemen." Conwell said and promptly exited the room.
Last edited by Challenger01 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I loved the chapter babe it was excellent. I like how you put Tiggy in the story. I'm glad your writing longer chapters now it makes the story flow better IMO.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Omigawd, Tiggy!!! :D

Great work as always Challenger, keep up the good work!
Sent from my conifer.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Huh, managed to sneak in the forums for a while while waiting for my flight at the airport, and what do I get? An update!!

Lol, Chall, you snuck Tiggy in here as well? A young eager white tiger among old timers should be a interesting mix, I wonder how will he fit in. =3

And 40kmh? That's fast! XD

Finally they are getting deployed! I can't wait to see them in action XDD

Good work as always, Chall! I'm glad I managed to catch your update when I did, and I'll be waiting for the next one! ;)

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

great update. as kurowolfe said, I can't wait to see them in action.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

kurowolfe wrote: And 40kmh? That's fast! XD

I thought it was 40 miles per hour. x3 There's a difference kuro~ 1 KM/h is moar then 1 mph. :3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Tiggy, 1 kilometer per hour is almost half the speed of 1 mile per hour.
Sent from my conifer.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

1 kilometer = 0.621371192 miles
so 1 km/h = 0.621371192 mph
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Oh woops, got them mixed up.

SORRY YOU SILLY MERICANS SUE ME ;n;
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

nope, Yeho mixed them up. you were right, Tiggy. have a cookie.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Well, not really. 1 miles per hour is still more than 1 km/h then.

It'd have to be roughly ~1.2km/h or something, I think
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but I googled "km to miles" and 1 km is bigger, which means 1km/h is faster than 1 mph.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

"How many km in 1 miles? The answer is 1.609344."

Mile is longer. To travel a mile in an hour, you will have to travel faster than someone traveling a kilometer in an hour.

You guys are silly and keep mixing each other up.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daggy wrote:"How many km in 1 miles? The answer is 1.609344."
but that says that 1 mile = 1.609344 km. 1 < 1.609344. km is longer. you contradicted yourself.
but we should probably get back to talking about Challenger's great novel.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Brent, forgive me but 1.6km=1mile meaning that it requires more than one kilometer to fill a mile. 1.6 six that 1 kilometer+0.6 kilometers= 1 mile.

mile>km.
Sent from my conifer.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Mile>km in the sense that mile is longer

km still kicks mile's butt *bricked*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

now I feel dumb.
now back to the novel.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I am amazed at how an anthro, even an equine one can run at 40mph without even tripping
Sent from my conifer.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Yehoshua, don't question it... It just happens
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

/*Is questioning*/
Sent from my conifer.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I'm going to attempt to put one final Chapter out before I leave... I might have to push it out, but I will most certainly try... I don't want to leave my fans disappointed before I leave for 3 months
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Well, I (somehow) managed to get not one... but TWO more chapters written while at BMT! So I've got more for my fans!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

*is leCheering*
Sent from my conifer.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Here ya go everyone! Little bit early for ya!

Chapter 13

Shortly after Conwell left the evaluation area, the four furs hesitantly walked out the door, except for Hurst, who decided to stick behind momentarily “Hey guys, I’ll catch up in a bit.” The three nodded in unison as Jensen opened the double doors and Goldie and Galifer exited, followed by the tiger. The German Shepherd slowly walked up to the soaked stallion, drenched in sweat “So, what’s your name cowboy?” Hurst held out his black paw to the equine “Recker, nice to meet ya!” The equine’s large paw met the Shepherd’s “I’m Hurst… so, Recker huh? What made them turn you into a horse?” Hurst asked. “Well, your guess is as good as mine really, but I’ll tell you what… running at over 35 miles per hour is definitely an amazing feeling.” Recker chuckled and Hurst giggled a bit “Do you already have your orders by chance?” “Yeah, I’m headed down to Cuba, apparently a few other equines and I are going to take down Castro once and for all, darn roach never seems to die.” Hurst nodded lightly “We don’t know where we’re going yet, but I’d imagine we’ll find out soon enough.” Recker nodded “Hey, can I get your phone number so I get let you know when we get the confirmed kill?” Hurst nodded took a piece of paper and a pen off a nearby table and scribbled a quick note on it with his name and phone number. He handed it to the stallion, who scanned it over real quick, then folded it and put it in his bag. The equine did the same on another small piece of paper and handed it to Hurst, and he stuffed it in his pocket. “Alright, I’ll let you know where we’re going, who knows? Maybe we’ll work together?” Recker smiled with a wide grin “Sweet, see you around Hurst!” The Shepherd smiled back and gave Recker a quick over-the-shoulder salute before walking out the double doors.

Hurst looked left, then right to meet the eyes of Jensen down the hallway, the bright red eyes meeting Hurst’s dark drown. “Hurst! Come grab your stuff!” The tiger yelled and Hurst immediately jogged down the hall to a marked bag that read ‘HURST’ on the top. “So, new gear?” The Shepherd tilted his head slightly “We don’t know honestly, we’ve each got one. I’d imagine it’s our gear, maybe our orders, I dunno really. We found them outside the door here, looked at it, noticed our names, and well, here you are.” The tiger shrugged and hoisted his gear up and over his shoulder. Hurst’s paw reached down and gripped the cloth straps and carried the pack over his right shoulder, the straps draped over his paw, his furry knuckles digging into his chest. “So, where to from here?” Galifer questioned with a blank response from the others. Not more than 10 seconds after the blank stares faded, an Air Force Master Sergeant rounded a corner “Oh, found you.” He muttered and walked towards the furs “You’re just the men… err, people… wait… the furs I was looking for. Master Sergeant Young, nice to meet y’all, now I’m sorry, but I won’t get to learn your names just yet, I need to get y’all out of here and onto the plane, quick, fast, and in a hurry.” Young turned around as fast as bladed in a blender and immediately jogged down the same direction he came from, the furs immediately following suit, keeping up with the Sergeant. Young turned down several corridors back to the elevator that Hurst knew so well. Young tapped the button as the doors opened, the five males all stepping in, and the moment the doors closed, Young slapped the ‘L’ button multiple times. The elevator ascended quickly toward the surface, the five males stood silent, lest the breathing from the four furry noses. When the elevator doors stopped and the doors opened, Young sprinted out at full speed out of the sliding glass door, the furs merely jogging, but still able to keep up. “So, where do you think we’re going?” Goldie muttered to Jensen “If I’m going to guess, probably the flight line. I mean, didn’t you listen? We’re getting on a plane, and it sure as heck won’t be first class.”

After several minutes of the human sprinting and nearly out of breath, the five reached a guarded gate with four guards at the entrance point. Young spat out between breaths “I got… them here… we’re good…bleh.” The guard nodded and made a hole for the five, the furs were barely breathing heavily, considering that it was really only a jog for them, even with the gear. Before them lie a C-130 with the cargo bay door grounded, a forklift slowly rolling off the end. As Young neared the place, he snapped his fingers and pointed Hurst and his furs toward the cargo bay “Go… quickly.” The Master Sergeant was still out of breath, but Hurst got the message. Jensen was the first to react and went into a half sprint toward the back, Galifer and Goldie followed shortly behind, and Hurst bringing up the rear. Jensen leaped with a long stride into the back, a loadmaster waving them onto the plane. When Hurst jumped in, the cargo bay door immediately closed behind him. Alright, take your seats!” The Loadmaster shouted as the four sat in the uncomfortable seats the C-130 had to offer “Heh, called it.” Jensen nudged Hurst, and gave a quick glance down at the seats, his tail no longer swaying as flamboyantly as before. The four strapped themselves tightly as the Loadmaster spoke once again. “So, you four will be staying back here, according to your records, your lung capacity is enough to easily last without the necessary amount of oxygen a human would need at altitude…shocking actually..Hmm.” The Loadmaster closed his folder and walked toward the cockpit, closing the door behind him. A few minutes passed by, then Jensen’s ear twitched slightly as the four turbines of the plane initiated in sequence. “Heh, I could feel the engines start to crank up even before they really started, muffins and cookies I love these ears...” He reached up to rub his ears, which made his eyes flutter a bit from the sensitivity “Hey, you okay there Jensen?” Goldie asked from two seats over. “Yeah, I guess these are just a really sensitive set of ears, made me feel pretty good actually…Like, you know how when you rub a cat behind the ears? It must be the same feeling.” The tiger let his ears go and shrugged as the plane made its way down the runway. “Hey, how’s about a Jodie just before be officially start huh?” Hurst asked with a wide smile. Galifer and Goldie nodded, but Jensen was slightly hesitant to reply “A what now?” “Oh, it’s a song that’s sung in the cadence of double time… you know what that is?” The tiger shook his head. “Alright, just try to follow, you’ll get it quickly.” Hurst looked to his right at Goldie and Galifer and sung “C-130 Rollin’ down the strip” as the two sung in cadence loudly “C-130 ROLLIN’ DOWN THE STRIP!” The next line to escape Hurst’s lips allowed Jensen to get the rhythm “Furry warriors gonna take a little trip” And Jensen joined in “FURRY WARRIORS GONNA TAKE A LITTLE TRIP!” “Mission top secret destination unknown” “MISSION TOP SECRET DESTINATION UNKNOWN!” “Don’t even know if we’re comin’ back home.” But before he sung the last line, Jensen stopped, hesitant of the thought of not coming back “DON’T EVEN KNOW IF WE’RE COMING BACK HOME!” And Hurst noticed immediately “Hey, is something wrong?” He asked lightly, the engines now roaring, the plane slowly picking up speed as it barreled down the runway “ I…I want to come back alive… I can’t stand the idea of not coming back to my wife.” A single tear escaped the eye of the tiger and soaked into his fur as Hurst’s left paw held his shoulder “Hey, I didn’t want to be here either… you see this?” Hurst held up his furry ring finger to Jensen “15 years, gone in the blink of an eye… I feel the same way we’re going to make it back, I promise.” His black paw took the white paw of Jensen as he gripped it tightly “Brothers to the end, furry ‘till we die.” He whispered as the plane took off.

Chapter 14

The C-130 banked hard to the port side almost immediately after takeoff, Jensen’s paw reached up and gripped the bar above him tightly, enough for the fur to separate between his knuckles. Hurst tilted his head back and simply enjoyed the ride while Goldie and Galifer chatted back and forth about the Marines and the Air Force. As he plane leveled out, the Loadmaster returned from the personnel bay with four sets of dangling dog tags in one hand, a small sheet of paper in the other. “Alright, so which one of you is, uh, Galifer? Is that right?” The coy-dog raised his paw slightly, and not too long after, the jingling tags landed square in the pad of his paw. “Hurst? Which one?” The Shepherd raised his paw and watched the tags fly through the space of the cargo bay, then reached out and snatched them, gripping them tightly. The Loadmaster read off Jensen’s and Goldie’s and they received their tags as well. “Wow, how ironic...dogs…wearing dog tags…I never thought I would see the day.” Hurst muttered and chuckled, then slid them over his head and let them drape off his neck. The other three did the same, Goldie batted at them a bit, just for the jingling noise. The Loadmaster spoke once again “One other thing I’m going to mention, y’all might want to get some sleep, in approximately 17 hours, you’ll be departing this flight, right out that door.” He pointed to the cargo bay door “Yeah, that way. But like I said, get some sleep, in 5 hours, you’re getting your mission briefing, not from me though, different gentleman.” He turned around to the personnel bay door, but before he entered, Goldie perked up “Hey buddy, I never caught your name.” He turned around and gave a slight smirk “I’m Garrett, Technical Sergeant Garrett.”

He turned around and went back into the personnel bay, quickly closing the door behind him. The tiger reached into his left cargo pocket and pulled out his ear buds and his iPod, the buds slipping back and forth between his digits. When he tried to stick them into his ears, he found that the shape only conformed to his pre-tiger ears. Goldie looked around Hurst to Jensen “Something wrong?” The Doberman asked lightly “Yeah, darn things won’t stay in… this is lame.” He shrugged and put his ear buds back in his pocket, the iPod still in his right paw “Wonder what’s in the bag.” He thought to himself and set his iPod on his bag. The white paw gripped the zipper of the marked bag and slid it toward himself, and to his amazement, a pair of oversized DJ’ing headphones lay on the top “I…uhhh…” The tiger sat in shock, his paws slowly lurching forward to grip the tiger eyed emblazed ear covers. Galifer’s jaw stood agape as the headphones slid over the tiger’s ears perfectly “Well, how’s the sound quality buddy?” Goldie asked, but Jensen never heard. The Doberman snapped his fingers, but again, no answer. Finally Hurst nudged Jensen, which forced him to turn his head to the side and pull one ear cover off a bit “Did you say something?” Galifer and Goldie chuckled and responded “No, no, nothing, or at least, nothing you heard.” He winked once which cheered Jensen up, a small smile grew across his lips. He released the tension on the ear cover and plugged them into his iPod and scrolled to his AC/DC playlist, then slid into a trance of Australian guitar riffs. As Jensen sat in his own little world, Goldie turned back to Galifer and discussed some of his accomplishments while in the operational Air Force, including his medals and ribbons. Galifer replied shortly thereafter and continued the conversation with his own awards from the Marine Corps. Hurst sat between the entranced Jensen and Air Force happy Goldie, simply leaning back in the bolted seat, his fluffy chest rising and falling as he slowly fell asleep. “Another day, another headshot” He thought just before he blacked out.
“GO GO GO!! BACK TO THE EXFIL POINT!!” The Captain shouted to Hurst, tossing him another full magazine as his head lay skyward. He lifted his paw to find his bare human hand gripping the loaded clip “Well… that’s weird.” He muttered, then did a quick right side rush-and-roll out of instinct, kept his M16A2 in hand, then stumbled forward. With each step, his legs burned and stung sharply, shrapnel lined his bare legs, bloody through the cargo uniform. “GET UP HERE! NOW!!” The Captain shouted again as he stumbled to the extraction point, bullets whizzing over his head, nearly grazing his arms. “Oh crap, ow ow ow shoot… d-dang it.” He muttered under his sharp breaths. The Pave Hawk hovered above the building line, the Captain made a jump to the deck, then immediately turned around to Hurst, offering him a hand to jump in. Hurst made a blind leap of faith to the Pave Hawk and hovered through the air momentarily, then felt the sweaty palm of the Captain slip through his own, his body transitioning from a hover to a free fall. As he felt his body fall away, his world went black, then a bleak grey as his eyelids opened to the cargo bay, what felt like 5 minutes, the span of an hour passed by. The three others still as they were, Jensen in his music, Goldie and Galifer still engaged in their conversation. “The more things change, the more they stay the same.”
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

glad you're back. I missed this. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yay! glad to be able to read this again. Nice use of yourself as the Loadmaster :P I saw that coming. The song they sung was a nice touch and I like how they were scared to go into battle it seemed genuine. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Oh yes, new chapter! [My apoligies, I MISSED A WHOLE CHAPTER!]]

Chapter 15

3 hours later; Location: Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, approaching Hawai’i.

Hurst stared at the blank ceiling motionless in his uncomfortable seat. The C-130 continued its steady rocking from the slight turbulence port and starboard. Jensen snored nearly loud enough next to Hurst’s ear to drown out the roaring engines that pierced the walls of the cargo bay, his headphones still blasted a flurry of loud banging drums and screaming guitars. Off to his right, Goldie was writing on his leg, scribbling seemingly random shapes and letters. Galifer was to Goldie’s right, his furry knuckles tensing and relaxing every few seconds, his eyes staring straight forward at a bolt on the other side of the cargo bay. “If you stare at it long enough, the bolt will burst into flames and melt off.” Goldie teasingly muttered to Galifer as he noticed that was all Galifer had done for the past hour. “Man, shut the heck up.” He replied without taking his eyes off the same bolt. Hurst tilted his head toward the conversation, then back to the ceiling, his own little area getting attention from his large canine eyes. A few minutes later, Garrett opened the door with a manila folder in his right hand “Alright, wanted to let you all know, hey, wake him up.” He snapped at Hurst, then to Jensen to imply his actions. Hurst nudged the tiger’s shoulder several times until the white eyelids fluttered open. Jensen ripped his headphones off and threw the whole set up back on his duffel bag, now sitting up straight in the seat. “Good, now that y’all are awake, I can get you going. We’ll be stopping in Hawai’i soon, we need to refuel and grab some gear for y’all. Friend by the name of Flint designed a set of squirrel suits for each of you, since we can’t just stop in the middle of a Russian outpost…obviously.” Hurst perked his ears “So, Russia’s our main target? Just like the Cold War, but better guns… heh, I like that.” He smirked a bit, then thought to himself and spoke again “Wait a minute, Garrett… where are our weapons?” The Loadmaster responded “Did you check your bag there smart one?” He mocked the German Shepherd with a smirk. Galifer looked over to Hurst “You didn’t feel it when you picked up your bag? Jeez, I felt the ammo too!” Hurst simply shrugged his shoulders, then looked to Jensen “So, what did you get there tiger-boy?” The tiger smirked “Fully automatic MP5 and a Smith and Wesson 45 caliber revolver.” Goldie smiled lightly “Figured as much…Brits can’t keep their hands off the American weapons, especially the .45…. they love that thing for some reason.” Garrett spoke up “Ahem, back to the topic at hand. You’ll be jumping over Russia, but before then, we have to stop. You will not leave the aircraft, do you understand that?” The four replied immediately “Yes sir!” Garrett smiled “Good. We will bring your gear to you, and it will go on top of your bag.” “Understood!” Jensen replied “Alright, just try to sleep, it will all go by a lot faster… before you know it, all of your weapons will be blazing. He smiled a bit, then turned around once again into the personnel bay.

2 hours later; 20 nautical miles out, descending to the big island of Hawai’i.

“Ladies and gentlemen, and furries… this is Major Lanier speaking, we’re beginning our descent. Make sure you’re fastened in, we’ll be there in about 15 or 20 minutes.” The voice over the intercom snapped off with a crackle. The four simply leaned back in their seats as time seemed to drag on for what felt like hours “Well, I’m going to stretch out at the very least when we land.” Goldie muttered and Galifer nodded “Just remember, whatever you do, don’t leave” Hurst retorted. Goldie simply nodded with an ear flick to follow. Several minutes later, the C-130 touched down on the runway, tires screeching, smoke billowing from the friction. “Well, that was easier than expected” Jensen chuckled a bit. Garrett poked his head in through the half cracked door “I’ve got my eyes on you four.” Then his head slipped back behind the closing door “Whatever.” Hurst muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes slightly. The plane came to a halt a short while later after several turns and the cargo bay door dropped open slowly. In front of the furs was a near deserted hangar, except for the SR-71 in the back and several stacks of boxes. Painted on the walls was the number ‘18’ in large military style writing, the boxes marked with various markings. Goldie was the first to unstrap himself and jump out of his seat and the Doberman whimpered from the sudden shock to his legs “Oh… oh boy…ungh.” He grunted as he stretched his sore muscles. The other three were quick to follow, each grunting and moaning as their tight muscles loosened. “Alright, I’ll be back shortly, just hang tight.” Garrett said as he jogged past the four and off the back ramp. “So, anyone had any experience with the squirrel suits?” Jensen asked. The canines shook their heads in near unison “Well, they’re a heck of a lot of fun! Just like regular skydiving, but it lasts so much longer.” “Well, sounds like a lot of fun, I guess we’ll get to find out soon enough huh?” Goldie replied.

In the hangar, another of Garrett’s Loadmaster friends peeked into the cargo bay “Wow…no duh. HEY GARRETT!! WHAT’S THIS?!” Garrett snapped his head around, squirrel suit in his arm “That, Kessler, is classified information and unless you want an Article 15, go ahead and keep looking. And, for that matter, if you don’t looking, I’ll drop the 92 on your butt for failing to comply with a direct order from a Noncommissioned Officer of the United States Air Force. That will look really good on your EPR huh?” Kessler brought his head back into the hangar “So, how’s about you carry the suits…Airman Kessler?” Galifer growled as Kessler sunk his head back behind the opening, his teeth gritted, fangs bore. “Wow, calm down dude…jeez, animal instincts kicking in again.” Hurst raised both eyebrows as Galifer’s fists stayed balled tightly, ready to strike. “Sorry, just not a fan of people looking at me the wrong way, especially after getting turned into this beast.” Galifer replied, his head turned ever-so-slightly, just enough to see an outline of the German Shepherd in his peripheral vision. He snapped his head back as he heard footsteps approaching, the tapping sound of metal on concrete. Garrett took a step into the cargo bay, Galifer immediately growled, then stopped just as fast as he recognized the approaching human. Garrett was unfazed by the growl and continued his march “Kessler, keep yourself and your nosy face out of here, you’re in enough trouble as it is.” Kessler replied from out of view “Yes sir!” in a somewhat mocking tone. “Well, my buddy Flint pulled through just for you, uh, Jensen… He made your suit at the last minute, but he’s good, really good.” Garrett passed out the snow white suits to the respective furs “So, why are they all white?” Goldie asked “Well, let’s see… you’re going to Russia, where it’s snowing , and snow is white… let’s think about this for a—“ “Alright, alright, I got it… jeez, don’t have to be all sarcastic.” Goldie half stormed off and threw his suit on his duffel bag, then flopped into his seat, looking around the blank area of the bay. “Eh, he’s alright, just not a bit fan of sarcasm, as I found out” Hurst told Garrett quietly. “Anyways, get ready to head out.”

Jensen nodded and went back to his seat, followed by Hurst, then Galifer. “Hey Kessler…do me a favor and grab some headlight fluid, and can of elbow grease, and a drawer extender.” Kessler shouted back “Smart-butt!” from behind the plane it started its taxi back to the runway “Ugh, always this hangar… hangar 18, I know too much.” He muttered as the cargo bay door slammed shut. “Get strapped in! Next stop, Russia! Hope you like cold weather and vodka there furries…. Cause there’s a LOT of it there!” Garrett shouted with a bit of enthusiasm. “Thank god, this seat is absolutely killing my back.” Jensen arched his back in the seat, loosening the straps just enough to relieve his pain. The C-130 once again made its way down the strip, then took off, engines screaming between the metal walls. “Once more into the breach eh?” Hurst asked the others. Galifer replied with a proud “Ooh-rah!” Goldie responded “Heh, you know it. Fly, Fight, Win there good buddy.” Jensen just shrugged “Hopefully this is the last time into the breach.” Hurst spoke up “Yeah, well, we all hope for that Jensen, trust me.”

Chapter 16

5 hours later; 20 miles inland of the Russian coast, approaching the target base.

“Four furs, four suits, one jump, and one target… Aleks Petrenov….Russia’s nuclear weapons expert, he’s been supplying China and North Korea with their stockpile. We want him, dead or alive.” Garrett read from a transcript in the folder marked ‘TOP SECRET’ on the front. He grabbed a paper clipped picture and passed it around to Galifer, who took a good look, then passed it around. “We want him eliminated from the organization, one way or another. Doesn’t matter how, but we want a confirmed status. If anyone who even remotely resembles his shows up… kill him. We don’t want another Castro incident with the stand in.” Hurst nodded “So, guards around?” How many are we looking at?” He chimed in. “Well, all we’ve got are some fuzzy satellite reports, signal got jammed. What you need to do for us is scout out the area for about 24 hours. We’ve got another team coming in after you four to provide cover and work alongside. Designation: Beta Wolf team. They’re a stealthy pack of wolves.” Garrett continued his briefing, but was interrupted by Galifer as he shook his head “How many furs do you have? Seriously?” Garrett swiftly responded “More than you need to know… You four are the first good batch… we’ve gotten better, or so I’ve been told. Lanier up there keeps informing me of the progress, they’re cranking out more like you every day, sometimes in the dozens. And the training is going at a blazing speed, it’s remarkable.” Galifer looked away and sighed “There aren’t going to be any normal Marines by the time this is over huh?” Garrett put a hand on his shoulder, which was immediately batted away by the brown paw “Well, considering how successful this is going, probably not… it might just be a part of the Basic Training program by the time this is all over and done with.” Galifer pinched his nose “Anyways, continue, whatever…” Garrett nodded and put his eyes back on the parchment “Well, Beta Wolf team will be headed by one… ‘Beta’… Hmm, that’s odd. Thought they said his name was Alpha. Guess I heard wrong… anyways. They’ll be there to provide covering fire. Two of them are a sniper team; the other three will aid you in your mission. Whatever intelligence you find, you are to document and retrieve if possible. Get creative on the retrieval method.”

The sun slowly made its way upon the Ural Mountain range, shining it’s brightness on the eastern face, the western face still a deep blue. As the C-130 made its final approach to the snowy base, the furs made their final checks over each other’s gear, giving one another a pat on the back as they were all checked out. “You remember that it’s the blue cord to pull right everyone?” Garrett went over his checklist one more time “Yes sir, we got it, for the twelfth time!” Galifer replied back in a slightly annoyed tone “Alright, I get to kick you out on the count of four… whoever’s last gets a full boar dropkick in the butt, cause I’ve always wanted to do it.” He jokingly spoke, still going over his own checklist. “One other thing, the moment you get on the ground, get your weapons out. Just because you’re on a day long recon mission doesn’t mean you’ll want to be unarmed, you should know this the best Galifer.” He nodded lightly “Of course I do, I’m a Marine for God’s sake…weapons are my life!” “Well, no more screwing around, let’s get this going! Everyone shuffle to the door!” Garrett shouted and shuffled himself to the selector, then pushed the red button with the downward arrow as the cargo bay door slowly cracked open, the bluish snow coming into view. When the ramp finished its descent, Hurst was the first to poke his head out the bay “Now or never huh guys?!” The other three nodded. Garrett held up his hand starting with a four, then slowly counted down. Three….two… one… and as his hand balled into a fist, Hurst made the diving leap out and began his free fall, followed by a giddy Goldie, then a pumped up Galifer. Garrett kept his promise and sprinted to Jensen as he shuffled to the door “FOUR!” He shouted, and then laid himself out feet first parallel to the cargo bay at Jensen’s parachute, his feet making contact which forced the tiger out with great force. Jensen made a slight grunting sound, then went into his free fall position as Garrett hit the deck. He got back to his feet and scrambled to the selector and brought the cargo bay door up as the C-130 flew off into the sunrise.

Hurst fell through the sky toward the mountainside, the snowy cliffs rapidly approaching, the base partially concealed, yet still visible. Hurst kept the second layer of his eyes over his pupils to protect them from the high winds. At about 1500 feet, he pulled the rip cord, the parachute releasing itself from the pack, which almost brought him to a standstill in midflight. Shortly thereafter Goldie and Galifer pulled theirs, followed much later by Jensen. At 250 feet, Hurst clenched his toes and tensed his legs, getting ready to run in the snow. A few seconds later, he thrust his left leg forward as it hit the snowy face and started into a slow jog, then came to a halt in the thick snow. The parachute fell behind him as Goldie hit the snow, then Galifer, and finally Jensen. Hurst held up his devil horns on his right paw and grabbed his Jericho 941 out of his bag first, sliding it into the weapon holster on his right thigh. He grabbed the AUG on the side with several full clips of ammo and the box. He tossed the box into his back pocket, the clips into his back left. He locked and loaded his weapon, then nodded his head for the others to do the same. Galifer wasted no time grabbing his USP .45 caliber pistols and his knife; a smile came across his face as he got it in his paw. Goldie loaded his M1014 and rested it on his back, the strap over his right shoulder. Jensen slapped the safety off his MP5 and strapped it over his left bicep, then proceeded up to Hurst “Where are we headed?” Hurst pointed to a nearby ridge “I think we can get a clear view of the base from right over there, I caught it on the way down… let’s go.” The Shepherd trudged his way through the snow, minding the possibility of an avalanche with every step. Goldie followed behind Jensen, Galifer taking up the rear.

About a mile later, the four reached the ridge that, as Hurst predicted, had a clear overview of the base. “Alright, what have we got here?” Hurst pulled out Jensen’s binoculars out of his pack “Just gonna borrow these for a sec there Jensen.” He put them up to his eyes, almost resting them on his muzzle and adjusted the sight “Oh, oh boy…we might have a slight problem.” Goldie gulped “Is it what I think it is?” “If you’re thinking about a base swarming with guards with AK-47s and .50 caliber turrets, then yes, that problem” Hurst replied. Jensen squinted “We need to formulate something, some type of game plan, a systematic way of either picking them off, or causing all hell to break loose. I don’t know which will be the better plan… I guess Beta Wolf team will have to help decide, but until then… lets hunker down.” Galifer nodded “I have an idea. How about two of us guard while the other two scope out the guard posts, we’ll take four hour shifts to keep us from falling asleep.” Hurst chuckled “I think the Russian snow will help with that Galifer, but I like the idea… Jensen and I will start, I’ll take mental notes. Jensen, you can grab my pair and use them.” Jensen nodded, then reached into Hurst’s pack and grabbed his set of binoculars and rested them on his muzzle. He looked down at his watch “Alright, it’s 0736, we’ll trade off at 1130.” “Welcome to the battle, it’s going to be a long fight.” Goldie whispered through the cold air.
Last edited by Challenger01 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Loved the part about wanting to drop kick some one out of the plane and Goldie's remark was cool. I can't wait for the action to start next chapter!

Edit: caught a few references in chapter 15 there babe I wonder if any one else will? Anyway another great chapter even if it was late :P Can't wait for the actual next one.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

Woohoo! Three new Chapters!

Chapter 17

3 hours and 24 minutes later…

“Goldie, Galifer, your turn.” Hurst whispered and scooted off to his right while Jensen slid off to his left. The two grabbed their weapons and stood up and got on their knees, looking back and forth as the Doberman and the Coy-dog lied prone on the ridge “So, what did you notice Hurst?” Goldie whispered. “Well, quite a few guards seem to make the same routes. And there’s a common meeting spot where they have a smoke.” Goldie rested the binoculars on his muzzle and looked around, noticing the smoking area “Yeah, I see what you’re talking about. I’m not sure how we can incorporate that into the attack plan.” Galifer looked around as well, noticing the pattern the guards walk along the catwalks “Did they happen to say what room Petrenov is going to be in?” Jensen shook his head “No, nothing…We just have to find him, I hope to God Beta Wolf team has better info than us, at least some idea.” Galifer huffed a bit as kept his eyes moving back and forth, looking between the oil tanker and the flight line “Well, we can shut down the air operations if we blow the tanker sky high, so if he tries to leave on a helicopter, we can stop him up.” Hurst nodded “Good thinking, but what do you plan on blowing it up with?” Galifer replied “Well, I haven’t exactly figured that out, maybe the snipers will have a tracer round or two they can use.” Goldie smirked “Alright…that works out the air problem, but what if he were to escape on those snowmobiles over there?” He pointed out the pack of snowmobiles on the far side of the base “Well, I guess we could chase him down if worse comes to worse. Though, we need to stop him before then.” Hurst sat on his heel for a bit, shuffling around in the snow, making himself more comfortable while the AUG sat in his palm. Jensen occasionally looked over at the snowy base to keep himself from staring at the blank nothingness of the white snow “Jeez, its freaking cold out here.” Goldie shivered as he sat in the snow, the liner in his suit not doing him any particular favors. “Brrr” He muttered as his teeth chattered slightly “Oh, what’s the problem Dobey? Can’t take the chill?” Galifer nudged his shoulder and winked “N-No… I-I grew up in C-California… A-Anything below 50 is c-cold.” Jensen looked down at his watch, the temperature read ‘-19F’ “Oh boy Goldie… it’s going to be a long night for you then, it’s negative 19 up here, and it’s only going to get colder.” Goldie shut his eyes, thinking about someplace a bit warmer “F-Fur only helps to an extent…” He whispered back, then regained his concentration and focused back on the objective, watching the guards patrol the area.

16 hours later…

“Y-Yeah, you were right Jensen…. C-cold as… well, I’m not s-sure what to compare it to.” Goldie huffed as he saw his warm breath escape his maw and dissipate into the mountain air. “How about this, I’ll stay over on the next shift to keep you warm you big wussy, how’s that?” Jensen chuckled and winked at Goldie under the moonlight “W-Whatever… l-let’s just do it now, Hurst, I’m r-relieving you.” “Oh good, my legs were starting to go to sleep anyways” Hurst whispered back and stood up, then took Goldie’s position as Hurst swapped spots “So what? I’m out here in the cold for a longer time now?” Galifer put in his two cents “Yeah, looks like it, thought you like handling your weapon though?” Hurst smirked and shook his head slightly as Galifer replied with a grunt. “Now, I may have a wife, but I’m not going to let anyone stay cold.” Jensen whispered to Goldie as his left arm curled over his back, his paw lightly rubbing his shoulder to warm him up, his tail swaying back and forth once again. “Bbrrrr, hmmm, okay… t-that’s a b-bit b-better.” Goldie let out a sigh of relief as his left side warmed up, then the tiger scooted closer, both of their bodies touching a bit on the inside “I’ve had too many close people I know die to stupid things… simple mistakes… I’m not going to let this be one of them.” Jensen winked, then put the binoculars on his muzzle, his left paw still rubbing and warming up the Doberman “T-Thanks…. I a-appreciate it, a lot…” Goldie whispered, his own eyes still scoping out the area, contemplating ways of crippling the base. “I just hope they don’t find out… seems to be working…for now.” Jensen thought to himself.

4 hours later; 24 hours after the jump, Beta Wolf team inbound…

“They should be here at any minute.” Hurst looked out at the clear sky facing away from the base, he noticed at white light blinking in the distance slowly approaching the cliffside. “Well, what do you know, 24 hours on the dot… Garrett was right.” Jensen held his weapon at the low ready and looked on as five distinct dots fell from the plane. As the last speck of black turned into a larger speck with an arc above the main body, the plane banked hard to the left and flew back under the cover of darkness, the black-blue sky only phased by the sliver of light from the horizon behind Hurst. Goldie took one last look at the base “Alright, I think we’ve got enough Intel… should we give the team 2 hours to coordinate their plan, Or should we just go right in?” “We have to wait, they have no idea how they’re going to pull it off without thinking about it first.” Galifer whispered and Goldie nodded back. About 10 minutes later, a large, muscular wolf approached the group, the silver Beta tag bouncing off his white chest, the light blue fur nearly matching the color of the current sky. “Gentlemen, Beta Wolf…” He stuck out his paw, and as he did, Jensen perked up “Wait a second… Lesser? Is that you?” The wolf snapped his head over to the tiger “Jensen? You’re a tiger?” “And you’re a wolf?!” Jensen blinked a few times after realizing who it was, then stuck his paw out and gripped Beta’s, the two giving each other a couple of pats on the back “Uh, did I miss something?” Galifer raised an eyebrow “Dude, Galifer, this is my old roommate from the academy! We went to school together, graduated MI-6 leadership training in the same class.” Hurst nodded “Well, that makes sense… but yes, Beta… we have the scouting report, we’ll fill you in once the rest of your team arrives.” As Hurst’s sentence came to an end, a white wolf with a Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle came upon the group, followed closely by another carrying an ammo bag. Behind them, two grey wolves came sprinting up the mountain, one carrying an M249 SAW and the other with an ACR. Jensen was still lost in the marvel of his old roommate at the other four surrounded Beta “This, is my team… the two on my left are my snipers, Duncan and Cody.” The one with the sniper rifle raised his paw, a 6’6” wolf that dwarfed his weapon “Duncan, one of the best shots at the academy, despite what Beta over here likes to think. Cody here is my spotter, he gives me my ammo clips. I fire, he loads, we get the job done.” Beta nodded and then pointed to his right “And these two are here to support you, Allen’s got the M249, and Marshall with the ACR.” The respective wolves raised their paws as they were called upon. “So, what have you gathered for us?” Hurst was the first to speak “Come over here and we’ll show you.” The Shepherd lead the team over to the ridge where the four spotted prior to their arrival “Binoculars out, I’ll show you what we’ve spotted.” The 5 wolves pulled their scoping gear out, Duncan with his Thermal scope on his sniper rifle and Cody with his high powered sniper binoculars that were set on a tripod. “Galifer suggested that we take out the runway with the oil tanker over there, Duncan, you happen to have any tracer rounds with you?” The sniper wolf smirked “Yeah, Cody’s packed me two full clips of just tracers. If any helos come along and attempt to interfere, they’ll be dealt with quickly.” Hurst replied “I like the sound of that Duncan, now; the guards follow a specific pattern, around the catwalk, over the bridge, around the outer gate and back. That’s just from what we can see, who knows what they do on the other side…” He hesitantly ended his sentence. “Duncan, how many do you think you can pick off without alerting too many?” Beta asked, and then Duncan replied “By the looks of it, maybe a half dozen without anyone noticing at all. Nine would be about the threshold. Now, I noticed some .50s up there on the towers. Those I can take out without any problems at all, so long as they aren’t screamers. I can knock out all three within a few seconds, which will take a lot of the heat off you.” Goldie grinned a bit “I like that… make our job that much easier. Now, did you get any Intel on where Petrenov is hiding?” Beta nodded “Yeah, says he’s in a hangar on the far side, but there’s three… so I don’t know how we’re going to find the right one. We got some pictures if you want to see.” Beta pulled out his folded pictures from his back pocket and handed them to Hurst who eyed over them for a minute “Well, you got better pictures than we did, all we saw was a bunch of fuzzy stuff.” Beta chuckled “Brits get the better tech anyways, don’t feel bad.” He lightly punched Hurst’s arm “Duncan, we’ll give you a minute to concentrate and prepare. Everyone else, lock and load, we move in 5 minutes.” Beta cocked his UMP45 sub machine gun and flipped the selector from ‘Safe’ to ‘Auto’.

Chapter 18

“Duncan, take the shot, quickly. They’re not paying attention.” Cody whispered to Duncan as a small whisper of a round resonated from the suppressor. The guard several hundred meters away crumbled to his knees, his body going limp immediately from the 7.62 round that penetrated his skull. “Nice, next one, guard tower, 450 meters, wait for it, you can line them both up.” Cody pulled off his snowy white cover and looked over at Beta “When he takes his shot, y’all…” But before Cody could finish his sentence, Duncan took the shot as the two guards lined up, the bullet slicing through both of their necks at the jugular, the glass shattering on both ends. As the whisper sounded, the glass shattered into a million snowflake-like pieces as they sparkled to the ground. One of the nearby guards heard the shatter and yelled for help, which sent the next guard into a frenzy as he sounded the alarm to the base “AUGH! Alright, go!” Cody yelled to Beta as the seven furs stormed down the hillside, sliding halfway down. “Now that you’ve got their attention, you’re gonna half to work double time.” The wolf whispered to his sniper “No problem, piece of cake.” Duncan whispered back as he snapped to several targets firing upon the furs, shooting anything from arms to legs to even the weapons right out of their hands.

As they slid down, the bullets whizzed past the furry heads. Marshall attempted to fire a few precision shots as adrenaline pumped the furs full of energy, making time appear to slow down. He hit one on the way down, watching as the red hot liquid splashed the nearby patch of snow “One down...” He muttered. When they reached the base, Beta went into his leader mode “Go! Get behind the truck! Goldie, Galifer on me!” Beta sprinted toward the nearby truck for cover, placing his feet behind the tire. Goldie and Galifer sprinter after him, Galifer diving for cover as Goldie slid in behind him, taking a second to get a grasp on where the majority of the enemies flooded out of the gate and took cover. Jensen, Hurst, Marshall and Allen were running on the right toward another guard tower that was unused. “Marshall, give us some cover from the tower!” Hurst barked at the wolf with the ACR. Marshall nodded and stumbled his way to the tower, bashing to door open with his shoulder as the other three from his group provided covering fire. The Russian resistance seemed to fall almost at the gate as Duncan’s sniper picked them off one by one, the bodies falling not more than a few meters from the entrance. As Marshall leaped up the steps in fours, Hurst threw a grenade behind a concrete barricade, which went off a few seconds later, sending two Russian soldiers flying into the air, then smacked the ground. “Go! Got more cover! Move up!” Hurst yelled, then leaped for the next barricade, getting within a few meters of the front gate. Beta saw the three moving up and advanced his team as well to a nearby abandoned building on the left “You guys are on your own once you get in, all I can see is the flight line, good luck.” Duncan whispered over the comms to Beta Wolf team. “Acknowledge, thanks for the support Duncan, over and out” Beta whispered back. Marshall made his way to the glass encased tower and stood with his weapon at the low-ready, scanning the inside for more soldiers, who were congregating around one central hangar, manning several barricades “Uh, boss… I think I know where Petrenov might be.” He found a pair of binoculars and scoped in on the hangar “Yeah, got a hangar about 400 meters to the north, heavily guarded, and… there’s some kind of craft in it, I can’t ID it, doors not open too far. Possibly a MiG.” Beta nodded and looked at Marshall “Copy that. Galifer, take this.” He pulled out a small square of C4 from his back pocket, the wires still covered in snow. He brushed off the snow and handed it to Galifer “Take Goldie and go to the truck that we saw earlier. When I give you the signal, detonate the charge. That should distract them long enough for us to catch them off guard and make a major advance. They know we’re here, we need the upper hand.” Beta called Allen over to him and took his headset from his ear and handed it to Galifer. Galifer took the C4 and put it in his back pocket, tapping it once to make sure it stayed in place, then slid the earpiece into his ear, now able to hear Beta it “Understood. Goldie, on me.” Galifer brought his pistol up and kept his furry finger on the magazine well as his paw gripped the blade in his other paw. They advanced between buildings, Goldie watching his back with the M1014, making sure no one snuck up from the back, and if they did, they would be surprised by the Super Benelli M4. Hurst kept himself in cover and nodded at Beta “What’s up? What’s the deal?” Beta looked back at Hurst and simply gave him the signal to follow. Beta advanced by himself, then Allen jogged up to catch him and support with the M249 “Hurst, we’ve got a near perfect chance at nailing Petrenov right here. There’s an aircraft in a hangar a bit from here. We’re betting that he’ going to try to get in it and advance off, but that’s not going to happen. Galifer and Goldie are going to set the charges on the flight line and make the road unusable at the same time as we advance into the hangar.” The wolf kept his voice down to a whisper as they neared the hangar. Beta slipped behind a small building that was perpendicular to the hangar as he poked his head out, the rest stacking up behind him, Jensen taking up the rear to make sure no one flanked them from the back. “Alright, they should be close. Galifer, do you read me?” Galifer replied almost immediately “Loud and clear, we encountered no resistance, and we managed to sneak behind the hangar. The charges are set when you’re ready, we’ll go in through the back door, literally… There’s a back door back here, how dumb are these guys?” Beta smirked and kept his focus “Good, Petrenov can’t get far. Just be ready.”

Chapter 19 (This chapter is slightly graphic, squeamish viewers be aware towards the end)

Galifer stacked onto Goldie’s back, waiting for the signal from Beta. The blue wolf pulled a grenade from Allen’s rucksack and pulled the pin with his canine teeth and shouted into the earpiece “NOW!!” over all the comms systems, his arm making an arcing motion which made the grenade fly from his paw and smack the snow behind a barrier. Two Russians looked at each other, then dove in opposite directions away from the grenade, the shockwave hitting them a second later, sending shrapnel into their coats. Galifer clicked the detonator to the C4 on the flight line which sent an oil truck and two MiGs sky high, the whole runway coated with a thick layer of burning oil. Allen made his way around the corner, Beta following behind, then ran for cover as the M249 blasted away at the concrete barriers that several more Russians hid behind. Jensen and Hurst went the other direction, using the deafening machine gun as a distraction to make their way up between a set of buildings, picking off more soldiers with their respective weapons, the glistening blood spackling the snow and leaving thick pools in certain areas. Meanwhile on the hill, Duncan was working his way from the hangar door eliminating targets that had RPG-7s in their hands, the bodies falling from open windows and behind the cover of the trucks. Back behind the hangar door, Goldie kicked the door down with one swift kick of his paw to find the back of the hangar swarming with Russians filing down the stairs, but none in the immediate vicinity. “Move up, get behind the stairs and wait, there can’t be too many of them.” Galifer barked to Goldie as they both made their way to the back of the stair set and waited, weapons facing opposite directions.

Back outside, the team of four continued making their way closer and closer to the door, the M249 only having to reload once in that time. A quick thinking Russian soldier grabbed a grenade from his pocket, pulled the pin and tossed it at the feet of the wolf, hoping that if the one with the biggest gun would go down, the tide may turn in battle. Allen saw the grenade heading his way, so he quickly acted and before the round explosive even hit the ground, he stopped firing, cocked his foot back and in one swift motion, punted the grenade back to the truck that the soldier crouched behind. He let out a cry of mild pain as the grenade exploded back where it came from. Beta watched it happen, thinking he was going to lose his heavy gunner, but as it was kicked back, he let out a wild yell, jeering over the comms “HOLY CRAP! THAT WAS AWESOME!!” He cheered and nearly damaged Hurst’s ear “W-What happened?” The Shepherd asked as he fired two more rounds, racking up two more kills. “Dude! Allen just kicked a grenade back! IN MID-AIR!” Beta shouted and crept his way up to about 15 feet from the massive bay door. “You’re kidding me… there was no freaking way.” Hurst replied and found himself opposite of Beta. Allen made his way up the center, watching a soldier attempt to crawl his way to safety, a stream of blood following behind. He didn’t even take a look, nor a second thought as his arm extended out and pulled the trigger once and finished off the struggling body with one shot. Goldie perked up over the intercom “Yeah, that’s cool and all, but we’ve got a problem, there’s no one else fighting!” He shouted and kept his shotgun ready behind the stair set “Beta blinked, then whipped his weapon around the corner, followed by his shoulder, then his chest. He looked up and down the hangar, noticing the second floor that Goldie and Galifer were standing under “He’s inside, I’m sure of it.” Beta muttered and made the paw signal to regroup. As the 6 regrouped, he told him to follow him up there, as Petrenov had to be hiding within the building. He trotted his way up the stairs, leaping two or three at a time, and each one did the same on every step. The second floor consisted of nothing more than a secondary room no bigger than a triple wide trailer. There were no windows and only one metal door, everything else was thick steel encasing the contents inside. The group immediately stacked up on opposite sides of the door. Allen pulled a door charge out of his sack and placed it on the door, then nodded and turned the handle, the charge detonating half a second later. He held the M249 in both paws, firing in what seemed like slow motion, Russian bodies flailing everywhere for their weapons, but due to everyone’s reaction times being sped up due to the adrenaline, no one had more than half a second before they were either dead or on the floor dying. Behind a desk on the far side, Aleks Petrenov stood with a pistol, a Glock 17 in his hand, just waiting, watching papers and bullets fly across the room. As the last of the Russians hit the floor and the 6 made their entrance, they swarmed Petrenov, his gun slowly coming up to his skull. “Wait… we need him alive.” Beta muttered on the intercom as there were now 6 weapons pointing at the head Russian “Bull-honkey we need him alive, he just needs to be gone.” Hurst barked back at Beta and looked at the weapons dealer “Put your gun down Petrenov, it’s over.” Petrenov chuckled and spoke in a heavy accent “You Americans never know anything, just when you think it’s over, it’s just beginning. A war does not take the power of a nation, but the will of a single man. I am that man. You Americans will not live long enough to see World War III, but it will be amazing, the spectacle I helped kick-start.” He brought the muzzle all the way to his head and left it there for a second, then stared at the Shepherd and spat at his paws “Disgusting Germans… Your kind is a disgrace to Mother Russia.” He replied, then squeezed the trigger, the bullet piercing his skull and exiting the other side, bringing a gaping hole along with several scattering brain parts with it that found their way to the metal wall. His body flopped onto his desk and coated the oak surface in blood, along with a few papers. “Oi! within the automobile!” Jensen muttered and put his weapon down, the rest following shortly after. “Well, crap… now what?” Galifer asked, then walked up to the body and kicked in forcefully off the table, and bit or cranial matter splattering his shaft and his fur “Aww man… horrible.” He said and wiped the blood off his fur “All I can think of is to raid this place, see if we can’t get any reasonable intel for our next target.”
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

YAY! 3 Chapters! The interaction between Goldie and Jense was nice and the Grenade kicking part was cool as heck! The last bit was slightly gory but thats just the way it had to be written. Can't wait to see the next mission. :D