Because there are many

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Gren

Re: New Spanish Translation

Post by Gren »

53º Arco: El centro comercial

-----
OFF:
kevin orld wrote:Gren I am the owner of the page and I can give you housepetslatino.wordpress.com page to put the comic translated there, I hise page not everyone can see the comic because not everyone has PC and use your phone to connect and pictures are displayed so hise page and give you the password and the user to put the comic there, and I have the permission of Rick, but I have many things to do and I could not manage it if you are unsure of how to use it because I say and I pass my email or facebook. Responds.
I can't answer you here because this thread is not a chat, but I'll send you a PM about this. Thanks for telling me. ;)
ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

ImageImage
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

hey, you´re fast! :!:
Gren

Post by Gren »

54º Arco: La revisión crítica de Spot

ImageImage
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

:cry: Is my connection making me the butt of its joke or the Images just won't load?
(I can see one or two strips but the rest don't show up)

Does this happens to anyone else? (I'll try tomorrow)
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
Gren

Post by Gren »

That's weird, all works fine with me. It should be your connection. In my case, sometimes my connection finds the page broken when that's doesn't happen to the rest. :?
ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

55º Arco: El juicio en el cielo

ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

ImageImage
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Now we are talking bussiness 8-)
(it was the connection :P)

Excellent work
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

A new arc, well, thanks 8-)
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

Great !!! :mrgreen:
eagle eye
Location: Transmitiendo en vivo desde el centro de la galaxia, con usds Eagleeee Eyeee!!!

Post by eagle eye »

Excellent :)
Gren

Post by Gren »

-----
OFF:

Uff, another arc finished. I must say that this one was one of the hardest arcs I've translated. I know there could be a lots of mistakes and not everything is exactly loyal to the original, but if you want to give me corrections or a better translation it'll be welcome. :mrgreen:
Thank you guys for cheering me and for having been reading my translations for so long. To think all of you are still here, it's awesome! :lol:
Last edited by Gren on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I have only read a few of the balloons (I already know English!, Why would I ever need these?! Err... I mean, good job!), but I can already tell you that Pete talking to the funny-named judge in a familiar and informal speech seems quite out of place, he should treat him as "Usted" not "Tú."

He should be saying things like "¿Usted sabe?" or "¿Sabe acaso que los mortales no experimentan (...)." We could even go farther into more formal speech (though that would be completely out of character and context.) and make him say "¿Sabeis?" or "¿Estais vos al tanto de que los mortales no experimentan (...)", that would be as funny as it gets! XD

Also, I think that using the words "Bastón alcanza-cosas", even in the case of it not the correct term, would make the meaning clearer and funnier. : )
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

Achalay, more comics !!! :D
Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:I have only read a few of the balloons (I already know English!, Why would I ever need these?! Err... I mean, good job!), but I can already tell you that Pete talking to the funny-named judge in a familiar and informal speech seems quite out of place, he should treat him as "Usted" not "Tú."

He should be saying things like "¿Usted sabe?" or "¿Sabe acaso que los mortales no experimentan (...)." We could even go farther into more formal speech (though that would be completely out of character and context.) and make him say "¿Sabeis?" or "¿Estais vos al tanto de que los mortales no experimentan (...)", that would be as funny as it gets! XD

Also, I think that using the words "Bastón alcanza-cosas", even in the case of it not the correct term, would make the meaning clearer and funnier. : )
Yeah, I see your point but I wasn't too sure if I should translate it this way because Pete didn't seemed respectful at all (The first thing he said to the judge was "so, what's up?"; he raised the voice frequently and even answered back to the judge, sometimes with a bit of sarcasm). But if you think I still should correct it, then I'll do it. ;)

About the "grabbing cane", I wasn't too sure how to translate it properly. I found it translated as "alcanzador de objetos" but I think your example is funnier. I'll correct it later. :D
ImageImage
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

I agree with both.
As Zealot said, Pete should be talking to Bahamut with respect and properly...but he's not
so... I think Gren's traslation is quite accurate

but for the sake of the lolz, if you want to change it go for it!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I stole the compound word "alcanza-cosas" from Futurama, when the Proffesor planned on making a giant index finger to reach far-away things. :lol:
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Silly Zealot wrote:I stole the compound word "alcanza-cosas" from Futurama, when the Proffesor planned on making a giant index finger to reach far-away things. :lol:

Hey! The Finglonger is a wonderful and practical invention, second only to the Professor's electric frankfurter!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

He never finished it, though, remember?

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Yes he did, actually! In a newer episode, he was using it to point at a hologram thing... the most recent episode, actually...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Gren

Post by Gren »

Notes: Corrected the alt-text of the 55th arc last strip as was suggested.

INTERMEDIOS--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------
OFF:

Yes, I know the fourth strip was a total failure, but I am not an expert with rhymes and I did the best as I could. If you want to give me a better version of this then I'll be happy to correct it.
ImageImage
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

No problem Gren, is well ! :D
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Maybe i should try to fix that fourth strip :twisted:

(you should totally not let me get close to it)

(that is to say: is fine as it is) :lol:
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

what kind of song is that Gren? no le encuentro la ritmica en Español :lol:
smart people are always full of doubts (could be true?)
I used to have a life, until i bought a modem
Gren

Post by Gren »

Shytzo wrote:what kind of song is that Gren? no le encuentro la ritmica en Español :lol:
SPANGLISH DETECTED!!

Hahaha, yeah guys, I know it sucks, that's why I asked you for another way to translate it. By the moment I'll be focused on the next arc, but if you have a better translation just let me know and I'll correct it immediately. I'll be eager to hear your proposals (and don't make that joke, Karishad already did that :lol: ).
ImageImage
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

pero que espanglish are you talking about? ya tu sabe!
jk xP

i think we could try to find a way to make rhythm with different words but with same meaning like disney translators do, we cannot expect to do a literal translation of a song being both languages completely diferent in syntax and origin, English is a west-germanic language and Spanish is a romance language (derived from latin) that makes even the word bases different in both languages soooo, in my personal viewpoint we only can use synonyms... :b
auricuno

Post by auricuno »

mmmmm porque escriben en ingles?
Gren

Post by Gren »

auricuno wrote:mmmmm porque escriben en ingles?
Because that's what the rules says. The mods are supposed to understand what we talk so in order to that happen we must make our comments in the default language of this forum (though you can't blame them, this site is meant for english speakers in the first place). However, if you have something to say in spanish, you can always use PM. ;)
ImageImage
auricuno

Post by auricuno »

ok then I will use the google translator to write here
week I started to read this web comic that I found on google images when I put dog man in the search and I found this and I really do not like that this comic will have to draw me and really I thanks both to traduscas this comic since I understand the English medium so thanks just one question I read the text of all the men of king and note that says first half and I looked all over the second half and I have not found and if there is any second I could say where the meeting as I want to know will thank very good thank you very much for the translation of this comic.

PD. if you do not understand very well what I wrote esq use the translator as it is not very good as writing in English
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

That's why i said we need to search a way to offer support to people that cannot understand english as well as other users do, Gren i still think you should make a deal with the adm/mods for moderating by yourself the actions/attitudes/respect (the rules) between users that really don't know how to express in English, let them speak in Spanish but in case that they break the rules send a notice to the forum moderators about what they did or what they said. Don't wanna retake this theme again cause i know the official language here is English but i still find necessary a "inclusive" solution for these people, and not exclude them

PD: Welcome to the forum Articuno (:
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Welcome to the forums Auricuno! I do apologize for requiring that you use English, but it would be difficult to moderate all the translation topics if they all spoke in their native language. ;)
Here is the rest of All the King's Men. Two Twig won the contest, and his ending was selected by Rick to be the official one.

As for the Hora de Rimar, I think it works, but are there no Spanish children's poems that you could mash together humorously?
Gren

Post by Gren »

Auricuno, if you want to talk to me in spanish send me a PM (just click on the "PM" button below my userbars). ;)
Shytzo wrote:That's why i said we need to search a way to offer support to people that cannot understand english as well as other users do, Gren i still think you should make a deal with the adm/mods for moderating by yourself the actions/attitudes/respect (the rules) between users that really don't know how to express in English, let them speak in Spanish but in case that they break the rules send a notice to the forum moderators about what they did or what they said. Don't wanna retake this theme again cause i know the official language here is English but i still find necessary a "inclusive" solution for these people, and not exclude them

PD: Welcome to the forum Articuno (:
I already talk with the mods and I think copper was clear enough. It'll be too complicated to moderate all the threads if every one are in different languages. And naming a mod for each thread is not a solution either (specially when a mod is supposed to be part of a circle of trust, they can't be giving permission to every guy who open a thread).
I just let you know that Kevin (the kid who made that webpage of housepetlatino and was pretending to be me) already gave me the access to manage the website. I was prefering to pay attention to the translations, but if you think this is more important, then I'll spend my free time to re-launch the site and create a forum. I didn't do it before because I thought it wasn't necessary, but I don't know how many hispanic people are following this comic, so... if you think this is in what I should be focusing then I'll do it. (Of course that means the translations would be delayed a bit more).

PD: Happy Birthday by the way (just in the case if you didn't saw the post in "Not the comic") :mrgreen:
ImageImage
auricuno

Post by auricuno »

still not grasping as ever no matter I just wanted to know because writing in English, I really only care about the comic -. - translating as usual you follow him to not take longer please just keep doing what you do and do not be happy worry about it.

I thanks sincerely the work you do, thank you very much for your effort and time Gren.
HansOzzy

Post by HansOzzy »

Buenas tardes, soy una hiena de mexico, acabo de leer todos los fragmentos del comic y en verdad me e convertido en fan, así que estaré al pendiente del post, muchas gracias GREN por la traducción, ami me falta forjar mas mi ingles.

PD: Empesare a hacer fanART del comic :3
eagle eye
Location: Transmitiendo en vivo desde el centro de la galaxia, con usds Eagleeee Eyeee!!!

Post by eagle eye »

Welcome to the community Hans, and is ok if your english is not good, mine is bad, but you can use googl3 translate (is no good but is something xD) I use it to look for words that I don't know xD, so next time try to write in English, no matter if is no good just say what you want to say xD (and is in the rules of the forum, we can just write in english ._.)
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

LOL Eagle watch those double posts.

Gren, I would take quality over quantity, if you think that managing that forum can improve (and Im pretty sure it will) the way people can follow and enjoy the comic I say go for it.

It may give us time to think of something as for the "hora de rimar" strip... Obbl's Idea isn't so bad but obviously it will lost all possible connection with the original (is not necessarily a bad thing, a blank strip! let your imagination run wild)
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

Gren wrote:PD: Happy Birthday by the way (just in the case if you didn't saw the post in "Not the comic") :mrgreen:
Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu ^^

Gren

Post by Gren »

Hello guys and welcome to the forum Hans (moleman? XD).

Now I must tell you I have good and bad news. The bad is that I'll be out for a week and I'm not sure if I will have internet connection. The good news is that I been working in the construction of the forum and probably will be ready in no time. The webpage could take more time and effort but it probably not be that much.

Sorry again for my departure, I promess I'll make up for your patience.

PD: Shytzo, I don't know why but see a Costa Rican saying "grosso" is so weird. XD
ImageImage
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

nah :lol:
I have learned the "porteño slang" thanks to many argentinian buddies that i have. In fact, I had an argentinian (from santa teresita) exbf some years ago

about the comic, well more about you x3 its bad to hear we couldn't see you in some time but as always, we'll be here waiting for news about you buddy! (: