HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Frustration, David." Fletcher answers David, ignoring the animal control officer, and not trusting herself to say much more. She busies herself instead by straightening her eye-patch which had been knocked slightly askew and tries to hide the slight tremble in her paw.

~~~~~~~~
"Hi, Kayla!" Sam waves brightly. "Sir dese are David, Fletcher, and Selene, all friends of mine. Everyone, dis is Lucky's owner, Mr. Henderson, and his odder pet fox, Kayla. Hmm... Let's hope Pitchpipe will be okay wit dis many foxes in town."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You need a stress ball," David advised lightly. "A strong one that doesn't explode easily!" He smiled and hoped she would too.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Hi, Kayla!" Sam waves brightly. "Sir dese are David, Fletcher, and Selene, all friends of mine. Everyone, dis is Lucky's owner, Mr. Henderson, and his odder pet fox, Kayla. Hmm... Let's hope Pitchpipe will be okay wit dis many foxes in town."

Meanwhile, the two animal control officers have spread out, one going up the street the other down the street..
Miss Minty! It's ok to come out.. we know what has happened..

The fox is'n going to hurt you, Miss Minty. Please come out an talk with us..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Xxxx Xxxx! Xx'x oo oo :::: ... ... .... .... ... ........"

"... ... ... .... .. .... ... .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "

Pitchpipe was far too far away to tell what they were yelling, even with rabbit ears, but it was obvious those coppers were up to no good. She sneaked away over fences and behind houses, occasionally trying to match the words on the map against street signs.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fortunately for David, Fletcher does smile, appreciating his attempt to lighten the mood.
"Heh. Maybe... Um... Sorry about just now... I know I overreacted... It's just... I've had a friend wrongly convicted in the past and... Let's just say things didn't end well... I just didn't want it to happen again... I'm sorry." The big doe rubs her eye briefly and then texts her parents, telling them to keep an eye out for Pitchpipe, just in case she arrives.
"Anyway... Did you manage to get everything you needed from the shop? If so we should probably go do something else before anything else happens here..."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"oh..." Selene muttered , giving her new friend a hug "I'm sorry we reminded you about that. And I believe we got what we essentially need ?" she asked David
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Huh? Oh," David said, taking things into account, "yes, yes. I wonder what they'd think now," he added, indicating the officers and just about stopping the papers from falling. "Seeing the 'ferocious' Rabbit being hugged by a Fox? Anyway, let us move on. Does anyone have suggestions?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jackie watched the group for a few seconds longer, after the two officers went to search for something, it mattered not to her. She had grown bored of watching this group bounce back and forth between yells and smiles. She had more important things to do. She walked around her hiding place and started to head past the group, she had to ascertain a place to rest when night fell and wanted to double check the way she came.

As she tried to find a place on the sidewalk to quietly pass some of the groups members, her thoughts distracted her enough to not mind the area of her hat, which hit the arm of the sheepdog, which tilted the hat at an odd angle over one of her eyes, "O-oh, apologies." She said a tad quietly, as she stopped to readjust her hat carefully, making extra sure to not let it leave her head for a moment or to give it another tear.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not at all," David said, kneeling to pick up a few bits of paper that had dropped. He looked at her face. "Ah," he said, his tone betraying him slightly. "It's good weather for sun hats," he finished with a warm smile. "Are you alright?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jackie was surprised by the response, not expecting something so cordial, as she finished fixing her hat. She had to think over the question, one she hadn't been asked before, even by herself. She gave a small sigh, letting the days events wash over her before responding. She escaped the dark place of cold and loneliness, which was definitely a plus, but she was without home, and knew by any normal standards that she was a freak. With all that into account, she figured it polite to return the warm smile and question of her state of being with, at the very least, not a lie, "I... don't really know right now."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I see," David said thoughtfully, taking in the look of the... lady in front of him. "Do you need a place for the night? You look like you could use food and a bed. Uh, no offence?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think David's getting distracted," Scruff said to Sam, before carefully taking Kayla's paw (without her offering it)and shaking it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I see," David said thoughtfully, taking in the look of the... lady in front of him. "Do you need a place for the night? You look like you could use food and a bed. Uh, no offence?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I think David's getting distracted," Scruff said to Sam, before carefully taking Kayla's paw (without her offering it)and shaking it.

Lucky peer over at the new arrival..
Who is dat?.. is dat yet another rabbit? Smells kinda like one, but also kinda sort of smells of deer..
Let me guess.. Another bunny from the wilds?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jackie ignored the fox, put off by his keen sense of smell while also preoccupied by David's question. She resisted the urge to narrow her eyes in suspicion, as such a question went beyond cordial and kind and into selfless to a fault. She shifted slightly, "Far be it from me to question this generosity, b-but, why would you offer a complete stranger such aid, after sharing but a paltry few words with them?" She thought his offer over, torn between a guaranteed place to stay but the guarantee coming from a stranger.

A single thought dictated her answer, she had escaped from somewhere before, if need be, she'd do it again, "Regardless, your offer is quite appreciated, though I hope I won't be intruding". While she had her suspicions, she couldn't repress the ounce of hope she felt and allowed herself a small grin, though it was restrained slightly. She still had to be wary, after all.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I've always been someone who tries to protect," David said softly. "I suppose I can often just tell when someone's in trouble, eh?". He stood up. "We need to head back for deliveries anyhow, guys," he confessed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fletcher hugs back. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault." She sniffs a little and then digs in her collar.
"Um, does anyone have a kleenex?"
"Sure." answers Sam, digging in her backpack and producing a tissue from a small packet.
"Thanks." Fletcher answers, blowing her nose.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"I've always been someone who tries to protect," David said softly. "I suppose I can often just tell when someone's in trouble, eh?". He stood up. "We need to head back for deliveries anyhow, guys," he confessed.
"Well, my parents are at home today so dey can get my delivery. So we can go to your house if you want, David. Um, as long as you're sure it's not an imposition or anytin'." The doe is about to put her bag back on her back but she pauses and pulls out a timothy bar, offering it to Jackie.
"Here. You fancy a snack? My name's Sam an' dis kind dog who seem to have forgotten his manners is David. Dese are all our friends. What's your name?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:Jackie ignored the fox, put off by his keen sense of smell while also preoccupied by David's question. She resisted the urge to narrow her eyes in suspicion, as such a question went beyond cordial and kind and into selfless to a fault. She shifted slightly, "Far be it from me to question this generosity, b-but, why would you offer a complete stranger such aid, after sharing but a paltry few words with them?" She thought his offer over, torn between a guaranteed place to stay but the guarantee coming from a stranger.

It's just his breed, they like to collect and herd things together..
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

The offer of the snack reminded Jackie she hadn't eaten in quite some time brought the hunger she had ignored to the forefront of her mind. She nodded thankfully as she accepted the snack, "Thank you Sam, my name is Ja-" A sudden thought hit her, what if someone from the presentation happens along and connects the dots? Did anybody even hear the Professor say her name? It would be too dangerous to risk it. She thought quickly, "Ja... y. E-excuse me, my name is Jay Ruby." Drawing on bits of a story some scientists chatted about and she overheard, she attempted to distance herself from any inadvertent recognition.

She began to open the snack, "Uh, thanks again. For the snack." She nibbled lightly on the snack, enjoying its flavor which starkly contrasted the tasteless food she was given back there. She tilted her head slightly at the fox's words, she felt she would be bemused a lot by him for any amount of time spent around him.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nice to meet you, Jay," David said, giving Lucky a smile as payment for the Tods' compliment. "A group of us are headed back to my place. You are more than welcome to come with us."
Scruff rolled around the group and introduced himself to the newcomer. Being slightly taller than her, he could see her eyes under the hat but not much above that. "Hi," he said, offering a handpaw. "I'm Scruff."
"You have pretty eyes."
"Shush, inner me!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Mr. Henderson takes the moment to gather up Lucky's dangling leash..
There we go.. No more running off..

Hey? what Hey!!
tugging on his leash now..

Oooh a pet bed store, we are going to need one of those for Kayla.

No No i just got out of there..
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

"Jay" tentatively shook Scruff's paw, not sure what to make of the compliment or the shift to berate himself for the compliment, "Uh, hi Scruff." She turned back to David, "And thank y-you, David, it would be a... nice change of pace to accompany you and your friends."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course," David said, nodding to Jay before beginning to head off. "See you again later, Lucky," he announced, offering a handpaw.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Of course," David said, nodding to Jay before beginning to head off. "See you again later, Lucky," he announced, offering a handpaw.

Lucky grabs his handpaw in both of his trying to keep from getting dragged back into the shop..
Oh you can be sure of it.. hey hey talking here.. would you wait.. accck
as he is dragged yipping an yowling back into the store, along with kayla..
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's a nice name." Fletcher comments, having calmed down.
"It's settled den. Let's away to David's house." Sam smiles. "Bye, Lucky and Kayla! Nice meetin' you!"
"So... What did you say your owner does for a living, David? And what was his name again?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David waved as Lucky was pulled away. "Oh," he chuckled, "Lucky IS trouble personified!" He turned back to the others. "Right," he continued, "Alpha, Selene, everyone else? Let's head home." And so he led the way whilst explaining to Fletcher about his owner being former Military and retired. "Lieutenant-Colonel Marcus Bridgenorth, 2nd Batallion Royal Dorset Regiment. He bought a farm when he retired. A family tradition. That's where I came in," he continued. "I protected his income. Now I'm setting things up whilst he holidays before arrival." By the time he'd finished, they'd reached the house and cursed. "Forgot to buy food," he admitted sheepishly. "I'll have to order online."

Once the door was closed behind the group, David took Jay aside to show her the room she could use for the first night. It was largely bare, with a mattress on the floor. "There'll be a bed arriving later, Jay," He said before kneeling down before her and speaking softly as he looked her in the eye. "Do you feel like showing the others? I believe you can trust them."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the while, Scruff followed along, half skipping, looking around at those he passed, waving his collar tag and, occasionally (when he thought they didn't see him) poking his tongue out at them. He looked over Alpha's shoulder at the board and tried to read it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"I think subway has pretty good sandwiches. Me 'n' dad stopped at one on our way down here and I remember liking it." He looked at the map, "Its near the center of town, maybe we'll meet up with everyone else."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

"Jay" stiffened at David's words, unsure of what he could mean and expecting the worst before rationalizing that he could be talking about anything, who knows how people and pets outside of the lab talked? She relaxed slightly, "W-what u-um, show and trust them with what?"

Rosal nodded and simled, "Sounds good to me. And if we want we can either sit there and eat, or eat on the go. But a sandwich does sound good. Haven't had one in awhile."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Again, David gave a gentle smile. "A hat outdoors is fine, Jay," he said quietly, "not so much indoors.". He put a hand gently, so gently, on her shoulder. "I saw them when I knelt down," he continued, "but what I really saw was an innocent who needed help. A friend. And that's what you have here. Friends. I won't make you take the hat off. I won't make you do anything, I've not the right. But I'm sure you can trust all of us here, Okay?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scruff edged into the house, looking around nervously, as though expecting a broom at any moment. He looked at the walls and floors and living room and was amazed. "Whoa," he breathed, "who robbed him?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Leave it to me, David. What kind of food does everyone fancy?" Fletcher queries, pulling her smart-phone from her collar.

"Heh, no one robbed him, Scruff. He's just not finished movin' in yet. His stuff clearly hasn't all arrived yet. I guess we just pull up a box or something... I can't really sit on the ground because o' my leg. It makes it hard to get up again." Sam finds a box marked "books" that seems sturdy and seats herself upon it.
"And you can be confident in houses now dat you're a pet, Scruff. No one is goin' to chase you out any more. So relax a bit." she encourages.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jackie's mind raced, she had failed to keep her secret against one person, yet the person didn't appear to mind. She thought over his words as best she could, still a bit confused by the situation, "U-um, I think I-I'll wait a bit. Trusting as they may be... I don't want to be treated like a freak again... She looked up at David, "But, uh, thank you, for everything. I think I just want a bit of time first."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ok," David said, "just say you had a bit of head fur trouble, yeah?" He gave her a wink and stood up to head into the living room.

Scruff crept around the house, poking his head into the bedrooms. He sniffed the mingling of Selene's and David's scents in the one room and decided to try another room. The second one smelled of Ferret. "Um," he said, recalling Fletcher had asked what they wanted to eat. "Can... Can I have..? I...I don't know...". He failed off. No-one had ever asked him that before.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites had spent all of the time the others were using during their little incident looking at random stuff, and when David called for him after they were all done, he went. Not paying them any real mind at all, since there was another new one among them and David was talking about his home life and other stuff. He just kept to himself, eyes down and following the leader. When they all got back to David's home he stood quietly with the others that stayed in the living room.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"That's okay, Scruff. We'll find you something... Looks like there's a few places here that do delivery. Pizza, Chinese, burgers and fries, Indian... We can take our pick. What do you like to eat, Scruff?"
"Any idea what you want for lunch, Alpha?" Sam asks the ferret.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um.... everything," Scruff said, the grin showing a couple of teeth. "except those little green ball things."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for ordering, Fletcher," David said. "I can pay when it arrives." Finally getting a moment, David made his way to the kitchen and sagged backward against a counter.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jackie "Jay" took a moment to get herself under control before joining the others, both shaken and grateful for David discovering her secret. She fixed her hat to ensure no one else would see on accident, and took an available seat, quietly.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Blood paces around the room several times, before coming over to Rav.
We should get home and check in, before are owners start wondering what we have been up too..

Rav Hmmms,
But i just got comfortable in front of the TV here..

An that is another reason to get going..
Always laying around getting soft!

Arrrgh Task master.. Don't you ever want to just lay down an relax??

No.. now come on..
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Um.... everything," Scruff said, the grin showing a couple of teeth. "except those little green ball things."
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for ordering, Fletcher," David said. "I can pay when it arrives." Finally getting a moment, David made his way to the kitchen and sagged backward against a counter.
"What an eventful day" Selene said , standing next to David "Sorry I didn't help back then David, I didn't know what I could have done back there"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, don't worry, Selene," David said with a sigh. "You helped just by being there. A calming influence, eh?" He turned and took her paws in his. "The thoughts and doubts of today..." He shook his head slightly. "I had to offer Jay a home," he continued at a lower tone. "She's in trouble, I can feel it. Like I say, there's only one thing I'm certain of." He looked her in the eye, his muzzle not far from hers. "I'd go through any number of days like this for five perfect moments like when I woke with you this morning."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scruff, having no clue how to really sit on a chair, sat on one and folded his legs on the seat beneath him. Then fell off. "Ow," he said, picking himself back up.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"What kind of sandwich would you like to eat? Personally I'm thinking about that new Turkey sandwich, or maybe I'll just go for my favorite."
Argent

Post by Argent »

Pitchpipe finally realizes the street signs don't match because she's been holding the paper upside down.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Green...? ... Never mind. I'm not sure I want to know... Oh, you're welcome, David. Only... I haven't actually ordered yet. No one has told me what they want. Got any preference yourself? And it's fine. I can pay."

~~~~~~~~
"You all right dere, Scruff?" Sam queries, leaning on her cane as she offers the raccoon a paw.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters