HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Welsh Halfwit

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Understanding what the Raccoon was talking of, David ushered the others back, took aim into the maelstrom and fired the first bolt.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay fidgeted slightly at Fletcher's proposition. "O-oh, I do not think I should... I have only heard a handful of songs before, o-one on a piano, b-but even if I knew how to play it I do not know how it'd sound on this one..."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, that's half the fun!" Fletcher smiles encouragingly. "It doesn't matter if it sounds terrible. I've been playin' since I was a kit. You're just startin' so it's bound to not sound as good. But who knows? You might just enjoy it. And if you don't? Well, at least you can say you tried. Don't worry, you won't damage it or anythin' and there's no one here to be embarrassed in front of."

~~~~~~~~
Ordinarily Sam would be horrified by the idea of weapons. Today though, still feeling the fox's fingers around her throat, she's conflicted and is too slow to stop David firing the bolt. She's not really sure she wants to either, but at the same time she's appalled at herself for even sanctioning the idea of allowing the fox to be shot. On the third paw, if it's a choice between the survival of herself and her friends and the life of the fox, she knows there's little choice. But can she be sure those are really the only two options?

Her inner turmoil is written plainly on her face as she crouches behind the barbecue, ears flattened to her back.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Keeshah wrote: shouldn't you be casting your spell about now?
shouldn't you be casting your spell about now?
The two normal dogs say together in two part harmony...
Selene didn't reply. Her eyes were closed, her hand clasped together, and the glowing symbols on her skin slowly, but surely, faded away.

Well that was anti-climatic..
Blood looks around..
So did the spell work or what?
Looks like it fizzled
That's just great..
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Understanding what the Raccoon was talking of, David ushered the others back, took aim into the maelstrom and fired the first bolt.
Hey! where did you get a weapon!??? Why don't we have them?
Were not allowed to have weapons. even the police dogs only have pepper spray..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Understanding what the Raccoon was talking of, David ushered the others back, took aim into the maelstrom and fired the first bolt.
The bolt flew through the air, aimed directly at its intended target, but was burned to ash as it flew through a blanket of fire. The fox glanced, then looked down, grinning."There you are, army boy" he said, but his gaze wasn't on David, not the one that fired the bolt at least. His eyes were on another, not hiding behind the cover but out in the open, aiming his bow at the fox, waiting for something.
The fox grabbed a stream of fire that flew pass, which burns like a blinding javelin as he rose his arm , ready for a throw. Then out of nowhere, the bear broke through the fire, landing a hard punch directly at the fox's face, which sent him crashing down into the water.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selene didn't reply to either Blood or Rav, but instead, she started to sing
"Aitdrep, sudibrut, te sinif roruf
Otno suslupmoc son oitarepsed
Sibon ni atimes tu son
Aniur"

She whispered, as the sky seemed to get dimmer.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Let's see if you can immolate arrows when in the water," David muttered, reloading and taking aim before firing again.
Scruff kept back and down with Sam near the obvious Raccoon-god.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

meanwhile off in the distance is the sound of sirens of the fire engines, and police cruisers that Lucky has summoned to come help.
the park is about to get really really busy with people!!

An Lucky runs down along the side walk..
Awwww come on! i told you all about whats going on in the park.. take me with you, i deserve a ride back to the park..
Le'pant pant pant...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote:meanwhile off in the distance is the sound of sirens of the fire engines, and police cruisers that Lucky has summoned to come help.
the park is about to get really really busy with people!!

An Lucky runs down along the side walk..
Awwww come on! i told you all about whats going on in the park.. take me with you, i deserve a ride back to the park..
Le'pant pant pant...
Strange enough, even though they were going in the right direction, there was no sign of any fire from where the park should be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fox tried to get out of the water, only to be forced back in by the bear who seemed to be able to overwhelming him, even though the fox's fire kept getting stronger. Meanwhile, Selene's song was still echoing through the air.
"Sov inimem suslum suteal?
Retporp suut nemrac son ogergnoc
Ots munu susrevda sirbenet
Tu sunu"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Let's see if you can immolate arrows when in the water," David muttered, reloading and taking aim before firing again.
Scruff kept back and down with Sam near the obvious Raccoon-god.
The other David also fired a shot at the fox, which splintered into multiple fragments, creating a rain of arrows upon their target. When the fox realized what was about to happen, it was already too late to react, and in his moment of hesitation, got grabbed and threw to the ground by the bear, who ended up being the victim of all the shots.
The bear, his armor shattered from David's final shot, collapsed, while the fox stood up afterward.
Seeing this, this raccoon who was sitting next to Scruff and Sam frowned, then fade away, while the other David sprinted across the park toward where Selene was, occasionally firing arrows at the fox, who had now gotten out of them water and furiously throwing fire balls in return.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David moved around for a better angle quickly as the... other him... distracted the Fox. He didn't know if he was the distraction or if the other guy was but now the Fox had his back to him...

He still wasn't fond of shooting someone in the back but, despite all the things people see on TV and the movies, if someone's clearly planning on killing you and innocents, it doesn't matter where you shoot so long as you take them down. So, making a note to ask Selene about all this magic stuff, he took aim at the back of the Fox and fired for the heart.
---------------------
Scruff, meanwhile, was keeping his head down over Sam and whispering a promise to himself (and Sam) that he'd never watch any magician again if the Raccoon god could save them. Or at least Sam.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay gulped, nervous at trying what Fletcher made look so effortless. But, she decided to at least try. "A-alright. I'll try..." She took a seat in front of the keyboards, and took awhile to play around on the keys, to hear in general which key made which kind of sound. She took a deep breath and began to play. Of course she made mistakes here or there, and took things rather slow, which worked out well enough as the song she tried to play was slower in nature. It was a simple tune, that easily repeated, but it sounded off, like it was being played in the wrong key. After the song finished, she laid her paws on her lap. "Well... Better than I was expecting."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well done!" Fletcher claps. "In all honesty that was far better than I was expecting too! You know, I think with a few lessons you'd get really good at this. I'd be happy to teach you if you were interested. I can tell you have an ear for it just by how quickly you picked up that tune."

~~~~~~~~
Sam buries her head in her arms as the second bolt leaves David's crossbow, unable and unwilling to watch it's brief and deadly flight. Overwhelmed by the clamour and violence of the fight, her inner turmoil and her memory of the sharp claws digging into her throat she can feel herself beginning to shake and she can't resist a quick stamp as she unconsciously grinds her teeth.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote: The fox tried to get out of the water, only to be forced back in by the bear who seemed to be able to overwhelming him, even though the fox's fire kept getting stronger. Meanwhile, Selene's song was still echoing through the air.
"Sov inimem suslum suteal?
Retporp suut nemrac son ogergnoc
Ots munu susrevda sirbenet
Tu sunu"

Ummm not to be a pain in the tail, but whena nd what is this spell going to do?
Serence Frostbite wrote:The other David also fired a shot at the fox, which splintered into multiple fragments, creating a rain of arrows upon their target. When the fox realized what was about to happen, it was already too late to react, and in his moment of hesitation, got grabbed and threw to the ground by the bear, who ended up being the victim of all the shots.
The bear, his armor shattered from David's final shot, collapsed, while the fox stood up afterward.

An THAT is why pets are not allowed to have weapons..Blood scroffs
Come on, now we have to rescue that bear! We need him..
So Blood and Ravage dash off to pull the blasted bear out of the water, before he gets swept down stream by the river.
Denabella

Post by Denabella »

It had taken a few months for the little red dog to reach this far from where she had come from. But there was no turning back for her, she had to keep going. Taking a deep breath, she nervously continued into the town. She hadn't eaten in the past couple of days, and it was starting to show. If she wanted something, she would have to be sneaky. There was no telling if the dog pound was around here as well. Moving quickly, the little dog went over to a trash can, rummaging through.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Pausing on the back steps of the church with a bag of trash in hand, Caleb smiles a little at the Corgi-Pomeranian mix and slowly squats so as to appear less threatening.
"Hey there, girl." he greets softly. "It's all right, I won't hurt you. You're lookin' hungry. I got some much better food inside if you wanna come in. You could meet my rabbit Fletcher too if you like. My name's Caleb. What's yours?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Denabella

Post by Denabella »

The pup was nervous when someone approached her, taking a few deep breaths as she got the urge to run. Until the offer of food came up. Her stomach grumbled, urging her to take the person in front of her up on his offer. Until the name came up. She had never thought of that. Until she looked down at her collar and the scratched out tag. Almost like a scar. Her red eyes looked up at him again, the scar over her left eye looking fresh. "Scarlet. My name is Scarlet." She finally answered, moving a little closer to him.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

The fox's fire quickly returned to its original intensity, overwhelming the other David's shots until a giant fireball fell down right on top of him, a few step right in front of the singing vixen
"Oubirt son aihpos, mutcirtsa son aitnetop
Rep enmo agolce, rep enmo mucitnac
“Artnoc outum, sibon odnauqen angup”
Di tare son mutcap orp suut xul."

"It's already too late, whatever yo-" the fox was immediately cut off again as the other David dashed out of the fire, completely unharmed and already tried to attack his opponent with a black dagger repeatedly, so much that all the fox had time to do was dodging and failing to put some distant between him and the dog.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:David moved around for a better angle quickly as the... other him... distracted the Fox. He didn't know if he was the distraction or if the other guy was but now the Fox had his back to him...

He still wasn't fond of shooting someone in the back but, despite all the things people see on TV and the movies, if someone's clearly planning on killing you and innocents, it doesn't matter where you shoot so long as you take them down. So, making a note to ask Selene about all this magic stuff, he took aim at the back of the Fox and fired for the heart.
---------------------
Scruff, meanwhile, was keeping his head down over Sam and whispering a promise to himself (and Sam) that he'd never watch any magician again if the Raccoon god could save them. Or at least Sam.
"Oidua di aem oro, oloira’ nemul.
Tnadecsid, oelis, douq di aititsui.
Angup sisne odics xon mureti
Eragen te ainasni sov sutatsetetna."

The sky above them gradually became brighter again, not with a normal blue sky, but with a veil of gold and green light radiant outward from around Selene. As the light passed through them, the fox's fire was extinguished entirely, and the other David turned into the raccoon from earlier.
The fox only had time to opened his mouth in surprise before David's shot found its mark, and the fox fell where he stood.
Keeshah wrote: An THAT is why pets are not allowed to have weapons..Blood scroffs
Come on, now we have to rescue that bear! We need him..
So Blood and Ravage dash off to pull the blasted bear out of the water, before he gets swept down stream by the river.
While Blood and Ravage went to the bear's aid, Selene slowly walked toward the defeated fox. The song went on.
"Ociralc te suut atov, retearp suut satilauq.
Ativ’ mucitnac, mutov’ alubaf, et sinmo sutbus di muleac.
Suut rorlac anas, suut sispa oipicni ativ
Ereutitser sutcnuc tu mumirp"

The vixen gently raised her hands, her palms face upward as if to receiving something, one over the fox, the other toward the bear, who was now safely brought ashore by the dogs. With the last gentle lines of the song, runes that were on the bear's armor and the fox's body glowed and flew into the air before landing in her grasp. Lighting and fire surged across the park, like a wave of light, heat and sound, but instead of being destroyed, everything were miraculously restored, burned plants and flowers regrew on the spot, broken benches and charred toys returned to their former glory, even the bear's wounds were healed, and for the first time, Sam would notice the fresh air filling her throat and lungs again.
Then....everything stopped. The sky were blue once more, and the pets can see others, humans and pets around them.
"Thank you" The bear muttered to his saviors, then stood up, walk toward Selene, and picked up the fox, carrying him on his back. With a wave of his arm, the stone sword was once more by his side.
"Do you accept this offer?"
"I do" Selene replied.
The moment she touched the sword, it crumbled into dust, only the runes etched onto it remained, gathered into the vixen's palm. With a bow, the bear stepped backward, and faded like a mist, leaving only Selene remain, sighing in relief.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well," David said sadly, "that's done." He dropped the crossbow and stepped over to Selene and Rav. "I think we're going to need to talk shortly, pretty lady," he puffed, trying to give Selene a half smile and sound official at the same time. "In the meantime, I suggest we blame a gas leak when they ask. Unless we want to be put in a madhouse." He crossed back to Sam and Scruff and knelt down besides the Doe. "Are you alright, Sam," he asked softly. "You're safe now."
--------------------
Scruff, still holding to his new sister, looked around to see if Azeban was still there.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

David's voice seems distant to Sam and her gaze goes right through him as she turns her head slowly in his direction, not actually seeing him. Her lip quivers and she swallows back a sob as she begins to speak, her body still shaking uncontrollably.
"I... I couldn't breathe! And then.. You... And he... And... You... I..." Unable to form a coherent sentence, Sam drops her head again as the tears begin to flow freely.

~~~~~~~~
"Scarlet. That's a nice name." Caleb smiles and slowly gets back to his feet. "I'm gon' come closer so I can get rid o' this trash, okay? Then I'll show you to the kitchen."
Still moving slowly, the tall human drops his bag into the nearest bin and then holds the door open for the pup to follow. They'll enter into a short hallway with two doors on each side. The placards on the doors on the right are a simple illustration of a man and a woman and the doors on the left have signs reading "Store 1" and "Kitchen".
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David just put a hand on her shoulder as Scruff took the lead to hug her tightly and let her cry out her fears. "Don't worry, Sam," he said consolingly, "you never ran. We're all safe."
"All of us."
"Shush, inner me," Scruff said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay shrugged her shoulders, a tad bashful from the praise. "I do not know. I guess it would be something to do." She paused for a moment for continuing. "As for the song... I only know for the professor would have it play every so often. Much more than any other song."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," David said sadly, "that's done." He dropped the crossbow and stepped over to Selene and Rav. "I think we're going to need to talk shortly, pretty lady," he puffed, trying to give Selene a half smile and sound official at the same time. "In the meantime, I suggest we blame a gas leak when they ask. Unless we want to be put in a madhouse." He crossed back to Sam and Scruff and knelt down besides the Doe. "Are you alright, Sam," he asked softly. "You're safe now."
--------------------
Scruff, still holding to his new sister, looked around to see if Azeban was still there.
Selene silently nodded, and wait for David to walk away before discussing something with the strange raccoon, who, after the discussion is done, walked passed Selene, but as Scruff would notice, the raccoon vanished the moment he's out of sight, never actually appeared behind the vixen.
Hlaoroo wrote:David's voice seems distant to Sam and her gaze goes right through him as she turns her head slowly in his direction, not actually seeing him. Her lip quivers and she swallows back a sob as she begins to speak, her body still shaking uncontrollably.
"I... I couldn't breathe! And then.. You... And he... And... You... I..." Unable to form a coherent sentence, Sam drops her head again as the tears begin to flow freely.
"I'm sorry, every, for having you all went through that." Selene said, walking toward Sam, her steps somehow appeared stiff and uneven "But it's ok now, everyone is safe, and they're gone. We should just need to go away from here ourselves, we do have friends waiting for us somewhere in this town after all"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well," David said sadly, "that's done." He dropped the crossbow and stepped over to Selene and Rav. "I think we're going to need to talk shortly, pretty lady," he puffed, trying to give Selene a half smile and sound official at the same time. "In the meantime, I suggest we blame a gas leak when they ask. Unless we want to be put in a madhouse." He crossed back to Sam and Scruff and knelt down besides the Doe. "Are you alright, Sam," he asked softly. "You're safe now."

Yes really~! Ravage barks excitedly.
You have got to teach me how to do this magic stuff!!
Denabella

Post by Denabella »

Scarlet followed the human inside, curious as to what was going on right now. She had never really had anyone show kindness to her, but the growling of her stomach kept her going.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With an effort Sam pulls herself together and gropes in her bag for a tissue.
"Urf. S-sorry, guys. I-I didn't mean to put on a show..." She puts on a wobbly smile as she blows her nose.
"Help me up, please?" she asks, shrugging on her backpack and collecting her cane. She holds the sturdy stick firmly, hoping it'll steady her paw.
"So, David... Dat fox... Is... Is he...?"

~~~~~~~~
"I wonder... You ever tried writing your own song, Jay?" Fletcher queries curiously. Without really noticing it, her paws start tapping out a rhythmic melody on her end of the keyboard.

~~~~~~~~
"Restroom's through there if you need it, by the way." Caleb points to the appropriate door as he leads the way into the kitchen.
"I filled the fridge only yesterday. This church is gonna start servin' the public again - in every sense of the word." he smiles, washing his hands.
"We've got a great little congregation here. They're enthusiastic but just needed some guidance and direction. They were a bit lost since their last pastor passed on. I'm really excited for the future of this church!" he enthuses, pulling out a frying pan and putting it on to heat as he pulls on a pair of gloves.
"We've got a feast planned for lunch after the service this Sunday. We've gotta get some of the fresh food closer to the date so I ain't got nothin' too fancy now, sorry. But it'll be better than trash anyway. Kyndra, my wife, has made and frozen some simple pet-friendly burgers that are also safe for humans for just such time as this. I don't got no bread at the moment but I got ketchup and mustard if you like those. And I got all the water and soda you can drink." he continues as the faint sound of music floats down the hall.
"How cooked do you like your burgers, Scarlet?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Don't think on it, Sam," David said, joining Scruff in helping her up, "everyone has times like that. I know I did." He looked sadly to where the target had fallen. "Unfortunately I just don't know," he admitted as Scruff started to pick up his stuff. "I'm afraid he should be but there's a lot of strange stuff flying around out there. Come on," he finished, "Let's go find Fletcher."
Scruff looked around, after having been struck by a thought or two. "Where'd the god go," he asked, "and where's Lucky?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: Yes really~! Ravage barks excitedly.
"That's.....a little complicated, but for now, if you and your friend have nothing urgent you need to do, please come with us"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't think on it, Sam," David said, joining Scruff in helping her up, "everyone has times like that. I know I did." He looked sadly to where the target had fallen. "Unfortunately I just don't know," he admitted as Scruff started to pick up his stuff. "I'm afraid he should be but there's a lot of strange stuff flying around out there. Come on," he finished, "Let's go find Fletcher."
Scruff looked around, after having been struck by a thought or two. "Where'd the god go," he asked, "and where's Lucky?"
"Yes, the faster we're all in the same place, the better" Selene nodded, before giving Scruff a confused look "Who do you mean?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Azeban," Scruff repeated, "God of Raccoons according to Mom." He stopped for a second, adding Sam's boxes to a large pile he was somehow carrying. "Or do you mean Lucky, the little Fox with the broke tail who was in charge of that lot of Chicken?" He nodded to the cooler.
David offered Selene a hand, even as he kept his arm around Sam to support her until she stopped shaking.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Keeshah wrote: Yes really~! Ravage barks excitedly.
"That's.....a little complicated, but for now, if you and your friend have nothing urgent you need to do, please come with us"

An just were in space and time are you going to Zap us too??Blood grumps.
Rav looks in disbelief at what Blood just said..
You just barked the words right out of my muzzle!
Serence Frostbite wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Don't think on it, Sam," David said, joining Scruff in helping her up, "everyone has times like that. I know I did." He looked sadly to where the target had fallen. "Unfortunately I just don't know," he admitted as Scruff started to pick up his stuff. "I'm afraid he should be but there's a lot of strange stuff flying around out there. Come on," he finished, "Let's go find Fletcher."

Rav lifts his nose up into the air, sniffing around..
I don't scent that fox anywhere around. he's run off or he is, a toasty smouldering critter somewhere. Oww!Flinching from where Blood punched him in the shoulder..
We got the point, didn't need the detailed report.
Serence Frostbite wrote:"Yes, the faster we're all in the same place, the better" Selene nodded, before giving Scruff a confused look "Who do you mean?"

Meanwhile, the fire trucks were pulling into the pet park, and looking about for the reported fires..

Lucky - blocks away, was hiding in the bushes from an animal control patrol, being in the part of the town that requires pets to be collared and leashed.
Waiting for them to drive off, before making a break to get back across the bridge into the pet friendly, unincorporated side of town. and get back to the scene of battle..
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Keeshah wrote: An just were in space and time are you going to Zap us too??Blood grumps.
Rav looks in disbelief at what Blood just said..
You just barked the words right out of my muzzle!
"We're going on foot, and hurting any of us here would only cause more complications, so you don't need to worry about that for now. However, it *is* for the sake of all of our safety that I suggest you trust me, at least until I can explain things to you all" Selene explained
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Azeban," Scruff repeated, "God of Raccoons according to Mom." He stopped for a second, adding Sam's boxes to a large pile he was somehow carrying Sam. "Or do you mean Lucky, the little Fox with the broke tail who was in charge of that lot of Chicken?" He nodded to the cooler.
David offered Selene a hand, even as he kept his arm around Sam to support her until she stopped shaking.
"Ah" Selene smiled gently at Scruff as she takes David's hand "Our raccoon friend has something else he needs to take care of. As for Lucky, I'm sure he's ok, somewhere......Anyway, let's get out of here, everyone?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay was taken aback a bit by Fletcher's question. "Ah... no. No, I never really thought of trying. Never had much time or possibility for such things. Never gave it much thought..." She went silent, asking herself if she would even want to. If David was right and could protect her, she had freedom she didn't know what to do with. She turned to Fletcher with a tilted head, recalling something of the recent past. "... I have never had a passion before. You used to create songs. Is... there any way to discover if song creation is my passion?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sam nods in understanding as David helps her up and leans on him somewhat more than she intends, finding the fluffy hug more comforting than she'd care to admit. Her pluckiness prior to the fight had stemmed more from naivety than real courage as this was the first real brawl she'd ever been in. She'd fancied herself somewhat like the heroes in the Irish folk tales she loves and the new knowledge of her vulnerability has shaken her to her core.
"Aye, let's go. she agrees with Selene quietly, lost in thought.
"How do you do it, David?" she asks eventually. "Just walk away from sometin' like dat? Just brush it all off? Have you ever looked Death in the eye like I just did?"

~~~~~~~~
Fletcher nods, a slow smile spreading on her face.
"Yeah, there is. You just...Try it." she encourages. "Try it and see if you like it. I can teach you to read musical notation if you're interested, or I can just help you write down your tune, whichever you prefer."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Once or twice, Sam," David said gently. "Once or twice. And you hope never to have to do it again every time. What you did was brave, Sam. You fought your nature as long as you could." He smiled down at the Doe as they walked towards the edge of the park in the general direction Fletcher had gone in, "if there's ever a second time you'll hold it off even longer in the name of what needs to be done."
"If we're going the same place," Scruff asked Rav and Blood as he struggled to carry his bags and boxes, "can someone help me with these boxes?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Once or twice, Sam," David said gently. "Once or twice. And you hope never to have to do it again every time. What you did was brave, Sam. You fought your nature as long as you could." He smiled down at the Doe as they walked towards the edge of the park in the general direction Fletcher had gone in, "if there's ever a second time you'll hold it off even longer in the name of what needs to be done."

Blood was now grumpy..
We were so helplessly out classed in that fight, We would have done better going up against a hooman with a semiautomatic rifle!
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"If we're going the same place," Scruff asked Rav and Blood as he struggled to carry his bags and boxes, "can someone help me with these boxes?"
Moving in? Or just all the loot you have managed to collect so far?
Gathering up a few boxes..
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Moving in," Scruff said blithely, still looking around for Lucky and trying to work out what had just happened. "Sam's adopting me!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Selene also helped with some of the boxes, though only some of the less heavy ones.
"So" she asked David "Where should we go? I think everyone should probably rest in the safety of their own home after what just happened, but Fletcher and Jay are still out there somewhere"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, we'd better go find them and then?" He mused. "A cafe, perhaps? I'll pay. For reasonable requests," he added, glancing at Scruff and Rav.
-----------------
"Thank you," Scruff managed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Jay faltered a little at Fletcher's advice. "Just... try it?" She turned back to the keyboards and decided to do just that, try it. It was a strange experience for Jay. Trying to play by ear proved difficult for her as she pressed different keys to try and produce a pleasant, if slow tune, which she proved less than successful at, even from time to time falling into a note progression or two of the song she just had tried to play. That went on for awhile, a few broken attempted melodies later when she stopped. She had an odd expression on her face and spoke, for the first time, in a blunt voice that lacked her usual soft or timid nature, "Ah. I'm terrible."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, we'd better go find them and then?" He mused. "A cafe, perhaps? I'll pay. For reasonable requests," he added, glancing at Scruff and Rav.
-----------------

Soooo no 44 oz rib-eye steaks deliciously rare?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Are you sayin' it gets easier den?" Sam asks, feeling her heart rate gradually returning to something resembling normal.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Well, we'd better go find them and then?" He mused. "A cafe, perhaps? I'll pay. For reasonable requests," he added, glancing at Scruff and Rav.
-----------------
"Does anyone have Fletcher's mobile number? We could just call and ask her." Sam suggests sensibly.

~~~~~~~~
"Naw, you were fine, hon! You had some nice rhythms and patterns going there! You just don't know musical theory yet, that's all that's holding you back." Fletcher encourages, before looking at the smaller doe.
"Are you okay, Jay?" she asks, concerned at her friend's expression.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Not so much easier," David explained, "more... less painful to remember."
When asked about Fletcher's number, David reached for his pocket. I don't think I've..." he said, pulling out his new mobile... Cell. He had to remember they were called Cell phone's here. He rolled his eyes as Fletcher's number came up. "She IS American, I suppose. Wonder when she did that?" He dialled the number after a couple of tries. "Where are you, Fletch," he asked, "it's David here."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie