HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-In Character

Post by Buckdida »

"Always locked. It's always locked... It's never unlocked, oh no, it's never...can't escape, can't ever escape...neyhehhehehehnargh..." Venison was rambling very crazily, although there was a song-like feel to his words.

"Honey, I really think Venison could use some support. Maybe you don't have to take a bath, but at least be there for him? He did find your key for you, after all. Besides, you weren't planning on leaving without your collar, were you? You parents would be angry at me, and Venison doesn't seem to be letting go."
Sara tugged on Pavelle's collar, but it wouldn't leave Venison's death grip.

"Besides, pets don't mind bathing with each other, right?"

"Bath from a human, bath from a human, always right before...neyhehhehehehnargh..."

(OOC: For those wondering, yes, Venison is slightly insane to some degree; there's reasons for this. Pavelle nailed it with her comment earlier, I must say)
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester takes a few small steps away from Venison and his ramblings, in case he should suddenly lose control of his extremities and begin flailing them wildly. He shudders at what this Sara woman said about pets enjoying bathing with each other. Whoever told her that had obviously never met any dog like Jester. He quickly thinks up a few reasons for why he doesn't need a bath, but all he says is, "Hey, how about I get the same deal. I'll stay here and watch, give some constructive criticism, some kind words, then I'll head out the nearest window to avoid tracking any mud, I didn't get THAT dirty," he says with his charming smile, "Just, uh, please don't make me go in that tub. I've got... physical contact issues." He wonders if his attempts at persuasion worked on Sara, then looks at the raccoon's (who's name he is intent on finding out) muddy raincoat and wishes he'd worn a coat, or that he'd just stayed out of this house altogether. He curses himself and Matthew for these events, and wishes he was outside again, or back in his projector bedroom.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy begins to knock harder. "HELLO?" Before a few minutes he finally notices the doorbell. "Erk, I keep forgetting about those." He then slowly presses the doorbell, feeling a little stupid and hoping for an answer.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
caelei

Post by caelei »

*dingdong* *dingdong* The doorbell was chiming in the background. Pavelle became more and more depressed as Sara talked. Emotional support? For Venison? Yeah, right. But there was a problem with the collar. He certainly wouldn't let it go. Of course, she had once watched online classes pertaining to pressure points, and if she remembered correctly, there was at least one in the hand. Once quick squeeze and his paw would spasm, most likely freeing the collar. Of course, she didn't exactly remember where the pressure point was, so that wasn't any good. She sighed. "Yeah. I'll just stay. And watch. Offer guidance, or whatever."
*dingdong* "Will you please get that door? Driving me insane." She looked at Venison, and smirked. Well, not literally insane. She could deal. Obviously, Venison had some issues. She walked over to a corner and awkwardly sat, removing her rainjacket for the moment and hanging it on a nearby towel rack. Then she contemplated all the things in the room she might be able to nick in all the commotion. There were a couple fancy looking candles perched on a nearby shelf, and toothbrush holders and things of the like. Not a big inventory, of course, but still something. The problem was that all the items were pretty bulky. One couldn't easily hide them under their coat... she put her chin on one paw, sighing again. Well, let the bathing begin. She momentarily wondered which was stranger: taking a bath with a dog, or watching a dog take a bath. Probably the latter. She always seemed to get herself into situations like this. Awkward social ones. Maybe she was just an awkward sort of pet. She shook her head. Venison's babbling was nagging at her brain. "Oh, be quiet," she murmurred, but mostly to herself because Sara might get offended or something for Venison. Whatever it was, it couldn't be quite that bad, now could it? Occupying herself, she turned to Jester. "So, um. I didn't get to introduce myself. The name's Pavelle. Pavelle Nelson. I live pretty much across the street. You're from the movie theater, right? I'd rather be watching a movie now instead of this, know what I mean?" She did not smile; it wasn't a joke.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"They want 'em clean...very clean...lesssss problems when they're clean because of...neyhehhehehehnargh..."

"All right, I'll get the door. You three wait here, okay?"

"A clean control...dirty is bad...causes complications...neyhehhehehehnargh..."

"Oh, and could you do me a favor and take off Venison's pants? I don't think he'll do that by himself right now. He can't bathe in those." Sara shut the door and locked it behind her.

It took a few seconds, but somehow, Sara's last sentence registered...and Venison suddenly snapped back.
"WHAT? NO WAY!" His right hand flew from Jester's collar to his beltline, and his left hand did as well...Pavelle's collar went flying somewhere, but it happened quite fast. And sudden. What was happening again? And Jester was giving him a very a feared look.

"Sorry. I've never been good at first impressions. Venison, if you must know my name. Yours? Although if you'd rather not tell me, I wouldn't take offense. So, how insane was I acting? Happens sometimes. And um..." Pavelle was staring at him. He looked at his hands, crossed over his stomach, clutching at his waistline, claws extended and all.

"I uh...
Um...
..."

"I don't like being naked, okay? Not a sound out of you!" He directed that to Pavelle. "Now if I do have to take a bath, I'd actually rather do it on my own for the current moment."

He walked to the door, grabbed the insturments around his neck, and almost instantly picked the lock, and opened the door.

"Now out you go."

He gave the two pets a “gentle” push out the door, then closed it and locked it.

Venison sighed, leaning against the door. “Augh…thaaaaaaat was bad. Really bad. There must be a way to keep that crap under control. I think the worst part is that I’m insane and I realize it. Nothing I can do though…now, the bath. Augh. I could use a bath, but…dang. No showerhead. Augh. Fine. I suppose as long as I bathe myself, there shouldn’t be any problems.”

“Hmm? Pavelle forgot her coat.”

He grabbed the raincoat, unlocked and opened the door, and threw it straight at her. He didn’t check to see if she caught it or if the mud stained side splattered all over her. Either way, he quickly reclosed and locked the door.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:Balbaroy begins to knock harder. "HELLO?" Before a few minutes he finally notices the doorbell. "Erk, I keep forgetting about those." He then slowly presses the doorbell, feeling a little stupid and hoping for an answer.

Sara answers the door,
hello there, you were the male Rav was so taken an snugly with the other day right?.. I'm afraid he is not to snugly so much right now, he was injured earlier an is asleep in his kennel with a dane i believe.. the other pets are helping encourage venison to take a bath.....
Sara finds the other pets out in the hall.
"So, um. I didn't get to introduce myself. The name's Pavelle. Pavelle Nelson. I live pretty much across the street. You're from the movie theater, right? I'd rather be watching a movie now instead of this, know what I mean?" She did not smile; it wasn't a joke.

That's ok dearSara tells the coon.. hearing the water filling the jet tub..
You two can go to the movies if you want, an thanks for helping to get venison to wash all that mud off.. strange altho i thought he would be more the shower type.. maybe he hasn't noticed that the shower stall is seperate from the tub. shrug, maybe he is just going to sit an soak in a hot relaxing tub, an soak for a while..

Sara turns back to Balbaroy,
Which would you like to do cuddle an watch over Rav, join Venison in getting a bath, or go along to the movies?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

One second, Jester is trying to decipher what Venison is saying, then he's getting pushed out the door. He manages to say "It's Jester." before it closes behind him. "What just happened?" He says, and then he sees Sara. Oh, so close to freedom... he thinks, until she speaks about being allowed to go.
Jester smiles, glad to be home free. "Which would you like to do cuddle an watch over Rav, join Venison in getting a bath, or go along to the movies?" She finishes saying to another dog he'd never met before. "Wait, when did we decide we're going to the movies?" He asks, looking at Pavelle confused. He looks at her neck and it hits him. "Hey, did you ever get your collar out of there?" He asks, then follows up with, "And what about your coat?" as he says that last part, the door opens and the coat comes flying out. "Fantastic then." He says.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

"Uh.... I... okay?" He seems confused having the options thrust upon him suddenly. As he's thinking the quite strong odor of over aged coffee beans and moldy pastry as well as the stench of decomposition starts to raise in the air. Before he has a chance to respond Sara curls up her nose. "Nevermind. Decision made." She grabs him by the scruff of the neck and starts dragging him towards the bathroom.
Last edited by Kalvin on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle was secretly quite glad that Venison came to. She shuddered to think what emotional scarring she might have received in that bathroom... but her collar, and coat, were gone. Jester had been pushed into the hall, too.
"Wait, when did we decide we're going to the movies?" He asks, looking at Pavelle confused. He looks at her neck and it hits him. "Hey, did you ever get your collar out of there?" He asks, then follows up with, "And what about your coat?" as he says that last part, the door opens and the coat comes flying out. "Fantastic then." He says.

As the coat hit the ground, it gave a very loud thump and a series of clunky noises. "Pockets are full," Pavelle explained lamely, picking up the coat and putting it on. It left a satisfying mud splat on the floor. "As for the movies, I don't know. I haven't actually watched a movie in theaters in like..." she counted on her fingers, "...wait. I've never been to the movies. Ah, well." She looked at the bathroom door. "Anyways, I am not leaving this house until I can get back into that bathroom. I need to locate my collar." Although she secretly enjoyed not wearing it. Humans didn't have to wear collars. "Without it, some people might think I'm a wild raccoon and call animal control. And that wouldn't be good. Meanwhile, I'm starving. I wonder if the human here is accommodating enough to allow me to make myself a sandwich."
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

As Sara drags the new dog towards his doom, Jester starts to say something, but then he feels the mud still on his fur. "I guess I'm gonna go to my house and wash up. Maybe get some grub while I'm at it. I guess I'll see you around, if you ever want to get in to see a movie, tell the people working there you're an acquaintance of Jester. That applies to Venison too, so if you're still here when he gets out tell him." Jester says to Pavelle. He walks over to the front door and turns around to say, "Well goodbye everyone. Uh, thanks for having me Sara." Then he walks outside.

While he walks along the road he starts to silently think. I hope mom isn't home. She'll throw a fit if I walk in covered in mud. Hopefully she's working a projector at the theater, but if not, I'll have to think up an excuse. Maybe she'll look over the fact that I'm muddy, and think about the positive of how I met new people. Yeah that sounds like how mom would react. He finally ends up at the yard to his "home" and sees no car in the driveway. Nice. He opens up his pocket where he keeps his watch, and pulls out his house key. It slides into the lock and he walks inside. Yuck, mom must be using those air fresheners again, this place smells horrible. He smiles, walking up the staircase to the second floor. He doesn't know why she bought a two story house. The only members of Jester's family are him and his mom. She claims that she wanted the extra rooms in case they had family over, but family never visits from what he's seen. The only family he's seen is Matthew and his parents, and they own their own house. As he thinks about this for what must've been the hundredth time, Jester turns on the shower and puts his collar on the sink. As he cleans himself up, he considers the other possible reasons for purchasing a house meant for a family. He remembers his mom saying she had another pet when she adopted him, but something happened that she doesn't like to talk about. After a few minutes he steps out of the shower and slips his collar back on. Time for some grub, he thinks, heading out into the hallway, I'll just go to the theater and get Matthew to make me something. He owes me after all this.

Jester walks into the theater lobby and walks up to Matthew. "I require nourishment. Mind if I hang out in here with you?" He says, hopping up onto the counter. Matthew smiles a little and says, "Yeah I guess you've earned it. You managed to not come back here with any broken limbs, or covered in dirt. I'll get you a hot dog." Jester wags his tail happily, and as Matthew walks off, he turns to watch the TV in the corner of the lobby.

OOC: I'll have Jester here until I feel the need to put him back in, or someone gets him involved with something.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Still staring out into space Octavian didn't notice Jester walk by (what, did you forget he was on the steps of the movie theater?). he heard the door close behind he and looked around. that's... uhh... Jacktser i think... he left the bike out side and followed him. please know the neighborhood well enough to tell me how to get hoommmeee...

((OOC: sorry i haven't posted but, well, what was there to post?...))

what what? Jolly good time.
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Jester continued to stare at the TV, until he hears the doors open and close. He turned his head to see that fox from earlier, Octavian, walking in. "Oh hey Octavian. Long time no see I guess. You come here to see a movie? I can get you in free if you want. It's not like people don't sneak in without tickets anyways..." Jester says, greeting his guest. He looks past him, outside the clear doors, and sees his wrecked bike sitting out there. "How long have you been out there?" He asks, then thinks And how did I not notice him when I came in...

(OOC: Yeah sorry I did forget. Also: From now on: It shall be a reoccurring joke where people who recognize Jester get close to his name, but never right on. So it is, and so it shall be.)
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

ToastyJester wrote:"Oh hey Octavian. Long time no see I guess. You come here to see a movie? I can get you in free if you want. It's not like people don't sneak in without tickets anyways..."
"nah i don't really want to see any thing" he replied
ToastyJester wrote:"How long have you been out there?"
"about half an hour maybe... i lost track of time.. any way i was really just trying to figure out how the heck to get home" he stopped and looked around "although I'll keep that free movie thing in mind..."
Last edited by Jimmy Jazz on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"about half an hour maybe... i lost track of time.. any way i was really just trying to figure out how the heck to get home" he stopped and looked around "although I'll keep that free movie thing in mind..."

"Oh your lost? Well, uh where do you live? Can't be too far can it?" Jester says. Matthew walks over to Jester with a hot dog from the kitchen and says, "Here you go your majesty," he notices Octavian standing there, "This one of your new friends?" Jester nods and says, "Yeah this is Octavian. Octavian this is Matthew. Now, let's think about where your house could be. Seeing how The Wall is the center of town, and a key building, we can use that as a land mark. Can you see The Wall from your house? Or do you have any other buildings or residences nearby we can use?" When Jester finally finishes, he grabs the hot dog he had been dying to eat the whole time, and takes a chomp out of it. Ohhh sweet deliciousness he thinks, waiting for a response from Octavian.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison began running the water. "Maybe a soak would do me some good. My relaxation was inturruped earlier anyway." He looked at his pants. They were filthy. Okay, so maybe they could use a wash. But not with all the stuff in them...
'So I'll take the stuff out...this time, I'm not letting anyone disturb me. I will get my alone time.'

After a moment of rumaging, Venison had a simple, wooden toothpick in his hands, which he snapped in half. He turned the doorknob, and stuck the piece of toothpick in a particular spot in the door strike, then let the knob return. He tried the knob again. It wouldn't budge. Even with a key, that thing wasn't going anywhere until he removed the toothpick from the strike.
(OOC: The "strike" is the little metal thing on the door frame, that the doorknob goes into.)

'Now I can do whatever I want in peace. If anyone wants me, or in, I'll just them to go away, and wait.'

'Now, to empty my pants...'

He took of his pants and sat on the floor. Even with fur, the floor is still cold. He began the mutinous work of emptying his pants...

a small first aid kit...
Lubrication oil for locks...
a saltshaker top...
duct tape...
A very small folding garden spade...
his wallet...
A pen and paper in a plastic bag...
and a few other trinkets.

'Oh right. Can't forget this last thing.'

He pulled out the Balishock; and a piece of paper also fell to the floor. 'Heh. It would be bad news if I went in the tub with this... hey, what's that? Hmm...right. I'll worry about that after my bath.' He carefully placed the Balishock in one of the bathroom cupboards, out of sight, then slowly sunk into the tub.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:"Uh.... I... okay?" He seems confused having the options thrust upon him suddenly. As he's thinking the quite strong odor of over aged coffee beans and moldy pastry as well as the stench of decomposition starts to raise in the air. Before he has a chance to respond Sara curls up her nose. "Nevermind. Decision made." She grabs him by the scruff of the neck and starts dragging him towards the bathroom.
Sara helps Balbaroy to the bathroom, Rattling the knob..
Hey the door appears to be stuck, Look here is another dirty dog, who wants to get cleaned-up..
you don't have to go it alone now, Venison dear.. Seems your other bathing partners have scampered off an left you..

An i need to gather up your clothes so i can get them washed while your getting cleaned up...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle got out of the way as Sara dragged Balbaroy to the bathroom door. She considered staying, then shook her head and muttered, "Kitchen." She slunk down the hallway and past a couple rooms, finding herself in the living room. And then a glint caught her eye. "Hello..." The watch. From before. She looked back down the hallway; no one in sight. It was obvious someone used it, because it had moved from one room to another, or maybe that had happened after she left the first time she had seen it. She stalked up to it and snatched it from where it sat. Then she placed it carefully in one of her pockets. And then she headed the rest of the way to the kitchen. It was not possible that anybody had seen her take it, save from them sneaking down the hallway unheard or peeking in the window.

In the kitchen she made, believe it or not, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It took a while to find everything she needed, but she got along all right by herself. She and Magnus had always eaten people food, instead of the kind for pets, and were in a way immune to the effects human food could have on average pets. She put the jars of peanut butter and jelly back into their places and the used knife in the sink. And then she dug in. Mmmm... tasty. She allowed herself one moment of pure pleasure, and then wolfed the rest down.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy crosses his arms and pouts a little but he doesn't struggle or protest any. He's been taught too well for that. However to save Sara the trouble he removes his collar to get ready for the bath (since he's being held by the scruff of the neck.) On a side note he is a little sticky in a few spots, one being a small spot on the back of the neck.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Oh your lost? Well, uh where do you live? Can't be too far can it?" then a man walked in from the back and gave Jackster a hot dog "here you go your majesty" he looked up and said "This one of your new friends?"
i guess you could say that... Octavian thought "Yeah this is Octavian. Octavian this is Matthew. Now, let's think about where your house could be. Seeing how The Wall is the center of town, and a key building, we can use that as a land mark. Can you see The Wall from your house? Or do you have any other buildings or residences nearby we can use?" "Hi Matthew, And The wall?... any way... i think there was a park across from my house, also i think there was a River close by" he stopped to think a moment "do you happen to have any thing for these cuts and bruise's?"

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

"Hi Matthew, And The wall?... any way... i think there was a park across from my house, also i think there was a River close by" he stopped to think a moment "do you happen to have any thing for these cuts and bruise's?"

Matthew walks off saying, "I'll get some band-aids. It's not like anyone's buying any tickets today anyway..." Jester sets down the rest of his meal and says, "Yeah, you know that coffee shop? It doesn't matter, I know where the park is. Let's see I think you'd turn right as soon as you leave the theater, then just head down the main road. The park is two... maybe three roads down. You won't be able to miss it." Matthew walks back in with a box with the medical cross on it and opens it up on the counter for the fox to take what he needs. "You need any help getting that bike home? I'm sure Jester doesn't have anything better to do... I'd give you a ride, but my parents won't get me a car." He says, looking at Jester who has a mocking smile on his face.

(OOC: If we can't finish Jester's involvement in a few updates just say you don't need his help or something cause I'm going out of state tomorrow morning and won't be able to get involved)
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

"Thanks" he said taking the Neosporin, wincing when putting it on. "thanks for the directions, i almost wish i could toss that old bike and say some one stole it" he handed the Neosporin and said "here you go, that bike has given me to much trouble... any way... i think I'll go on my own" he walked backwards to the door while talking "see ya later Jacktser, Matthew" and popped out the door. he grabbed the bike and started walking Well, it shouild be around 1:00 and i've already have a crazy day
he sighed and counted the roads as he walked by them. three, ah, there's the park he walked down four house's and turned in the drive way. he leaned the bike against the garage door and walked in the front door. "Hey, dad I'm home!"

((OOC: Have a nice trip Jester! :D ))

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

The two say goodbye to Octavian as he walks outside, and Matthew says, "What are you gonna do now?". Jester finishes up his hot dog, and says, "Eh, I'm gonna go watch some movies. Don't worry, I won't stay up there for 8 days, now I have an actual reason to go outside." Matthew nods and says, "Good, you gonna say Hi to Aunt Debra while you're going up? She's running the projector in Studio 2." Jester wags his tail and says, "Hey I might as well right? I need my allowance anyways. She'll be glad to hear I got out today too." He hops down off the counter and makes his way to the staircase.

"Hey honey! Matthew says he made you go outside today. How'd it go?" Debra says, giving Jester a hug. "Hi mom. Good. I met some people, got into a few weird situations. How was yours?" He replies, pulling out of the hug after a few seconds. While she talked about the things she did, he thought about his mom's attitude. She was almost always happy whenever he saw her, even if she got no sleep the night before. He doesn't know how she does it. "So you turning in for the day?" She says, finishing up her summary, which he didn't hear a word of. "Yeah I'm taking this whole being social thing slowly. But before I go to The Cave, I'd like to get my allowance, seeing how I forgot to ask a few days ago," Jester says, holding out his hand for cash. Debra laughs and hands him a few bills. "Here you go. What do you do with all the money I give you? You rarely leave this building..." She asks, turning back to watch the movie being played. Jester shrugs and says something along the lines of "I dunno" then leaves the room and heads down the hall to Studio 6's projection room, AKA The Cave. The only place he's comfortable with calling "Home", and where he runs any film he wants to show.

"It feels like days since I've been in here," He says, closing the door behind him and grabbing a bag of dog treats from a shelf in the corner of the room. He checks the schedule on the wall and sits down next to the projector, ready to watch movies until he falls asleep.

(OOC: Thanks. I'll join back in on the fun next Monday or so. Can't wait to read on what happens next for the other pets.)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Keeshah wrote:
Kalvin wrote:"Uh.... I... okay?" He seems confused having the options thrust upon him suddenly. As he's thinking the quite strong odor of over aged coffee beans and moldy pastry as well as the stench of decomposition starts to raise in the air. Before he has a chance to respond Sara curls up her nose. "Nevermind. Decision made." She grabs him by the scruff of the neck and starts dragging him towards the bathroom.
Sara helps Balbaroy to the bathroom, Rattling the knob..
Hey the door appears to be stuck, Look here is another dirty dog, who wants to get cleaned-up..
you don't have to go it alone now, Venison dear.. Seems your other bathing partners have scampered off an left you..

An i need to gather up your clothes so i can get them washed while your getting cleaned up...
*groan* 'Of course.'
"I'd actually like to take a bath on my own," responded Venison. "You know, privacy? I have my own little quirk of minding my modesty. And I'll just wash my pants in here. Like, with me. Okay? Please don't come in."

'Can't get 5 minutes to myself...Let's see...I need some more matches...'
He began scrubbing his pants with his paws in the tub.
'When was the last time these had their exterior dirt coating removed? Was it that last battle with the random red-tagger? Oh, yuck, I need to change out the water...'
Venison stepped onto the floor towel and let the water drain out, before he began to fill it up again.
'I suppose it's nice being clean. It's not like I can avoid taking a bath as long as I'm staying here. As long as I'm bathing on my own, I should be fine. If a human tries to bathe me though...that could cause some problems...I'll just talk to Sara. I'm sure she'll understand.'
The tub was filling back up. But as Venison got back in, he noticed a lot of something floating in it. Lots of of short little things. Colored gray and brown.
'What's with all the extra hair coming off? Almost like...'
Oh crap.
It's spring.
Shedding.
THAT IS NOT GOOD.
Dangit. How did I get my fur to turn gray last time?!?! I did something weird I can't remember...This is not good!'
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:Balbaroy crosses his arms and pouts a little but he doesn't struggle or protest any. He's been taught too well for that. However to save Sara the trouble he removes his collar to get ready for the bath (since he's being held by the scruff of the neck.) On a side note he is a little sticky in a few spots, one being a small spot on the back of the neck.

Well it looks like Venison is shy about bathing with the other pets..
Sara takes Balbaroy to the master bedrooms bath, filling the tub there, an washes the stinky dog there.. massaging his muscles an pelt, as she vigeriously rubs the coconut scented pet shampoo into his fur..
How are you doing there dear? At least you wont have your parents wondering what you have been rolling in..
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Drooping his head and ears, Balbaroy sits quietly. He sits in an almost pouting manner as if he were being punished. "Er.... I'm good. I do have a question though. D-does Rav really like other guys or was he goofing around like I was?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus yawned and stretched, coming awake. He blinked at Rav, who was lying next to him, and then shrugged. He didn't remember falling asleep, but... oh well. He inhaled deeply, ears flopping around. And then his ears cocked, and he oriented on the sound of running water. Bathtub water, nearby. He went still, and then a big grin spread over his face. Bathtime? He carefully picked his way out of the kennel/room, and then stampeded into the hallway. "Bath time!" He yelled excitedly, finding the bathroom door locked. He trieed the handle, but it wouldn't budge. So he tried harder. Stuck. He sulked, then started hammering on the door. "Bath time!" he yelled again, directed at the door. "Let me in!" The entire door seemed to be shaking on its hinges with the power of his knocking.

Pavelle was in the kitchen when she heard excited yelling. She facepalmed. Magnus. He loved baths. She sighed, stalking out of the kitchen and to the bathroom. Magnus gave her a bone-crushing hug in greeting, and then said, "Bath time," in explanation. Instead of going through the process of explaining to Magnus that this was neither time for his bath, or that he was even dirty, she just said "Get 'im, tiger," and walked away. And then she backtracked. "Oh. And get my collar while you're in there, please. Remember, the one with the red shiny thing on the front." She patted him on the back, because she couldn't reach his shoulder, and then went through the house to the front door. She yawned. Ugh. She needed caffeine, and fast, or she would be the one falling asleep in public. With that in mind she opened the door, directed herself to the coffee shop, and went on her way.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:Drooping his head and ears, Balbaroy sits quietly. He sits in an almost pouting manner as if he were being punished. "Er.... I'm good. I do have a question though. D-does Rav really like other guys or was he goofing around like I was?"

Sara rubs the shampoo in, lathering it up well, before working on rinsing it back out.
Scratching in behind Balbaroy's ears..
Don't be so pouty.. really Rav loves getting a bath or shower, altho he likes the water a lot hotter then most pets can stand, almost if he was soaking in a hot tub..
Sara's face blushes at the question..

Well, now that is quite a question, I assume you mean.. has he mounted with another male before? I can't honestly say, he is quite the cuddler altho with anyone who will hold still for it.
I know he was kept kenneled with his father an the other males his breeder owned after he was weened... Or he could be just acting out some feral dominance rite, since he was sneeking away from the breeder place an running with a pack of ferals for a little while. before he got by animal control in a feral round-up an returned to the breeder..

Sara, tries to compose herself a bit..thinking, he is another problem i've got to get fixed.
I've... Uimm I have never seen or heard any complaints about Rav, Umm trying to actually to.. do it.. with any other pets. males or females..She stammers..
Sara, looks softly into Balbaroy's eyes..
Do you want me to tell him to knock it off.. or were you wanting to explore that kind of relationship with him?
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

"N-no. Not either of those. I'm not interested in pursuing.... that kind of relationship with him, but if I feel it necessary I need to tell him to stop myself. Not something I want somebody to tell him for me." He erfs a little as she scrubs a little hard but still sits politely still.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*BAM BAM BAM*
'Oh, what now?' Venison thought to himself.

"Bath time! Let me in!" Yelled Mangus.

'Arghhhhh...well...I wonder if...'

"Sorry, Mangus, I'm not taking a bath. I'm washing my hands. Sara is giving someone else a bath in another room though. Why don't you go there for your bath?" Venison hoped his very simple lie would get Mangus to leave him alone. He didn't seem too hard to fool after all.

Venison groaned and sank into the tub.
'What will I do about my fur color? The current color will last for a small amount more of time, but then my new coat will come in and my breed will be obvious. A full on color change is...odd, to say in the least. It will be noticeable. Dang it. Although, with shedding...it is somewhat gradual...maybe people won't notice? As long as nobody takes a brush to my fur, maybe I can just "play it off"...no, that wouldn't work. There's nothing short of reverting my color back to gray, but I can't do that with the supplies I have. Why did my family take all the effort to change the color to gray anyway? That was so annoying every year in the spring...wait. WAIT! If my fur color changes...that means...I'll be harder to recognize! By anyone! And Venison isn't the name that my former family gave me, so...I wonder why I didn't think of that before? I hate outsmarting myself. Right up there with mud puddles...

But there's still the problem of how all these people will react to my breed...wait. If they don't like it, I can just leave. That works. I believe.'

'Now...' Venison looked at the crumpled up piece of paper on the floor. 'That list...'

Venison dried his paws on the floor towel and reached over and grabbed the paper, and unfolded it.

'Bad memories abound.' He looked over the list. There seemed to be ten names on it, but eight were crossed out, with little notes scribbled by each name. 'Why do I keep this ****?' He thought to himself. 'Eight of ten, so it's over and done with. So why do keep it? Memories would be a horrific and sick, sadistic reason. It's not like I could forget anyway. Perhaps it's more that it feels unfinished. One of these last two I have tabs on at all times, but the other...I never found. And the even worse thing is that he may have been the only one I could have reasoned with...he could have helped me persuade the others...we could have gotten media attention with his accomplishments...all moot now. The most I know is that he disappeared off the street some months ago. He may have survived, he may have not. All I know is if he is alive, he's the last on the list.

...I wonder if I will ever find Ravage. If only for piece of mind. I need a hint. I need a clue. Think. Maybe there's someone in this Richardson Valley place that would know something. Maybe that news cat...the jumpy one...he had a coffee related name...Decaf seems to know everything, maybe she has some insight? ...Okay, I am just straining my thoughts.

...wait, wasn't Rav on the streets until recently? Maybe he'll know something. Yes, I think I will ask him after this bath...'

(OOC: So, outsmarting yourself can be really frustrating. When the answer is staring you in the face and you can't see it. Maybe it's so close that it's out of focus and you can't see it? Yup, he's gonna kick himself in the head for this one folks.)
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus' ears quirked as he listened to Venison. Washing his hands in the bathtub? Okay. He was about to turn around and go to the other bathroom, but something was nagging at him. Think, think... oh yeah. Pavelle. She'd told him to go in there and find her collar. The one with the red shiny thing on the front. Just to be sure, he looked at his own collar. It was the kind that just looked like a bit of chain wrapped around his neck. No red shiny thing, though. He looked back at the bathroom door, then shrugged and sat, forgetting bathtime. He'd just wait then. Even sitting he was about as tall as Pavelle. But she was pretty short. His thoughts wandered as he waited.

Pavelle was only about a block away from the coffee shop when she realized that something was wrong. It wasn't something physically, and it wasn't an extreme menace to her being, but still. Something emotionally, maybe. A strange new emotion. No wait, not new, just buried. She stopped walking and reached into her pocket. Her paw wrapped around the watch she had taken from the Ligerrs'. She took it out and looked at in, frowning. What was the matter? And then she had it. It was guilt. She actually felt guilty. For a second, she didn't believe it. But she couldn't doubt her own assessment. Guilt. She sighed. Just another complication. Soon, she would be walking around caring for human children and other pets. Well, other pets besides Magnus. It must be all this pet interaction. It was making her soft. She placed the watch back into her pocket, rolling her shoulders to rid herself of the guilt. Like brushing away a weight. But it wouldn't get off... this was going to be her downfall. She could just feel it.

She took a step forward without looking up, and banged into somebody really tall. Magnus. "Ow. Mag, what did I tell you about --" her sentence trailed off as she looked up. It wasn't Magnus. Boy, she was really messed up today. She should have been able to tell that he was at least four inches shorter than her brother, and that he was human, without looking. She took a step back, and the guy took a step forward. "Excuse me," she murmured, always polite to the humans' face. It was better to swallow your pride than get in unnecessary trouble. The human said nothing, just stood there. Well, more than stood. Loomed. If she didn't know better, she would have thought he was... the corner of her eye caught sight of a van, parked a block down. Animal control. She gulped, but held her ground. She could prove she was a pet. She reached up to show her collar, but froze. She didn't have it. It was back at Rav's house. Great. Just great. Just what she needed. So she was a collarless raccoon walking around in a raincoat full of items that she probably shouldn't have. Including a shiny new watch. She took another step back, and the human started to talk.

"Well, well, well. What've we got here?" Typical bad-guy banter. She nearly groaned, but kept silent. It was better not to make these guys mad.

She jumped as a second voice came from behind her. She spun around halfway, keeping both of them in sight. She was really off her game today. "Looks like a pretty little raccoon. No collar, eh? Too bad, kid." He reached out and grasped the back of her coat, holding tight. She twisted to pry his fingers off, and the motion caused the watch to fall from her pocket and clatter onto the sidealk. Quick as a flash, she snatched it up. But the damage was done. The watch was like a curse. First the guilt, now this? Jeez. Evil clock. "Looks like we've got a thief on our hands. 'Kay kid, you'll be coming with us until we can get this cleared up." And he placed his other hand on her shoulder and gave a push.

It was an automatic reaction. Before his partner could do or say anything, before the man holding her could even blink, she had pushed his hand off her shoulder, wrenched her coat from his grasp, sidestepped his stumble forward as he was caught off guard, elbowed him in the knee with calculated force, and finished the job by ramming the crown of her head into his face as he fell. He hit the ground, unconscious. Blood gushed from his nose. And then she realized what she had done. Attacked a human. Oh, she was in trouble. Big trouble. The partner, the slower and heavier of the two, had no time to defend his friend. He watched as his buddy was taken down in seconds by something half his size. And then his brain processed the incident, and he got angry. Really angry. "I'm gonna kill you!" He shrieked, and then swore, dodging clumsily for her. She stepped out of his reach, thought about attacking, and decided to flee. She had already done enough damage.

Where to go? She thought about going home, but that wasn't intelligent. To the Ligerrs' then... no, that wasn't right either. Magnus was there. She had to keep away from her family. She didn't want to worry Mom, and Dad would be so mad. Angrier than this guy, by far. Especially if she hurt him, too. So she ran forward, looping around the guy in front of her, who couldn't seem to figure out what to do. His brain was halfway caught between trying to catch the 'coon so he could choke her, and reviving his partner. And then she realized where her body was taking her. To their van. She was going to take their van. This would most likely end up in a great amount of confusion, injury, and trouble. Especially trouble. She was going to have a hard time getting out of this one.

On the bright side, she had always wanted to try to drive. At the time she had imagined Magnus pushing the feet pedals, but hey, why not? She would be practically blind. Though she knew the mechanics of driving, pretty much, from watching her parents. Would simple knowledge be enough for her to take the vehicle without crashing into anything? Probably not. She was going to do it anyway. Why? Two reasons. 1.) Now that the idea was in her head, she really wanted to take the option. Like living in the moment. And 2.) Because it would mean that she would be much faster than the conscious guy, who had finally decided to take action and was closing the distance between them easily. She was quick, but his legs were much, much longer. And without a car he would be a lot slower. Plus, if she crashed it, he still wouldn't have a car to catch up, because his would be broken. So it was a win-win. Kind of.

She reached the car and pulled on the door handle. Unlocked. Thank the heavens. She got in, twisted the keys to start it up, which the stupid men had left in the ignition, and pressed down on the gas. She kept the door open, and leaned sideways to see halfway out the window. It was the best she could do. She wouldn't have a dream of being able to see over the steering wheel the normal way and being able to hit the gas, so she found another way to see. Partially. The car rocketed to life, clipping the one in front of it as she pulled away from the curb. Oh well. Hardly a dent. But the thing started blaring its car alarm, causing a commotion. Wonderful. She steered shakily as she looked out the window, avoiding some random pet who thought it wise to jog in the middle of the road. Oh. Oops. It was the sidewalk. She swerved out into the actual road, hitting a second parked car in the process, and setting off that alarm, too. She found, even though trouble was imminent, that she was smiling widely. This was exciting. This was fun.

(Ooc: Jeez. Sorry. This post is really really long.)
Last edited by caelei on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky walks into the door of The Wall, book tucked under his arm, and humming the tune of "Zak and Sara" by Ben folds. He has been a usual at the wall for... almost 3 years now. God, where does the time go? I can only ever remember living in Richardson Valley, funny how you don't remember the very beginning of your life. As he walks up to the counter and places the book on the counter. "Hey, Mom wants to say thank you for letting her borrow the book. As for me I'll take the usual.... Oh, yeah, she also wants to know if you're still coming over for dinner tonight." As he waits for his drink, he manages to look outside, noticing the scuffle. His attention turns to outside as he steps outside just in time to watch her speed by in the vehicle. He is entirely baffled by the whole situation as he watches the two men run after it futilely.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:"N-no. Not either of those. I'm not interested in pursuing.... that kind of relationship with him, but if I feel it necessary I need to tell him to stop myself. Not something I want somebody to tell him for me." He erfs a little as she scrubs a little hard but still sits politely still.

Sara looks kinda relieved..
well if that is what you want to do honey that is just fine with me..
an if Rav doesn't respect you wishes, let me know. an i'll have the vet put into a condition where he wont think about or be able to act on such thoughts.

Sara rinses the dog off again, to be sure all the soap is out.. an closes the curtain.
Shake please.. almost all done..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Venison dried himself off and put his pants back on, and put everything back in them. He walked to the door, about to remove the toothpick, when something caught his eye...red, sparkly...
"Is that Pavelle's collar? What's it doing in the sink? She'll probably be looking for this...she needs to break that habit of leaving important things lying around," Venison said to himself. He stuffed the collar into his pants.

He took out the toothpick and opened the door. The doorway was largely blocked by Mangus.
"Hey big guy. What are you still doing here? I told you I wasn't taking a bath. Have you seen Pavelle? I found her collar, and I need to return it to her..."
He was answered by several car alarms going off.
"She didn't go out, did she? Son of a queen...Big guy, head to The Wall." 'That's where the alarms are coming from, anyway.' "I'll meet you there."

Venison dashed off at a blazing speed, cutting his travel time by cutting through backyards and jumping over fences. 'Daring. She's got that. Quick thinking. She's got that. Thinking ahead. She needs to work on that.'

He jumped another fence, and was greeted with a scene that was rather something. One human was unconscious and bleeding, and another one was extremely angry and heading towards a car wreck with a large van.

"Oh, you, didn't..."
'There is only one way she's gonna get away with this...'
Venison dashed up behind the man, and with a fluid motion, kicked out one of his legs, jumped up, grabbed his shirt collar and pulled back. From his other hand a distinct metal clicking noise was heard. Venison used centrifugal force to slingshot himself to the front of the man before they both fell, quickly launching himself away.

And then he jabbed the tazer-knife into the man's ribs.

"There. At least a two hour knockout."

Venison walked up to the van.
"Alright, Pavelle. Joyride's over. If you want to get away with this, listen to me. Here's the plan. We get both of these guys back in the van, in their seats. Then, you go get some glass bottles. Standard size. If they are missing labels, then that would be preferable. Then I'll take care of the rest. Oh, and you forgot this, you idiot."

Venison got Pavelle's collar out of his pants.

"Hopefully Mangus will get here soon. We'll need the help if we're going to drag these guys with any speed. And speed is important. I'm surprised nobody else has noticed anything yet."

"Oh, one last thing. What you saw me do? You never saw that, if you even caught what I did. Now come, we have work."

(OOC: Fun fact: "queen" is also the name for a female cat.)
caelei

Post by caelei »

One minute everything was going fine. She was actually driving, like a human, and hadn't even hit a single person/pet yet, which she credited to her genius. Feeling the breeze go pleasantly through her fur. And then... then a kid with a bike drove right in front of her. Must be leaving the coffee shop, which was pretty much across the street and down some. She swerved to miss him, lost control of the wheel, and zoomed through someone's yard to crash against their wooden fence, blowing a big hole in it. Crash. Her head bounced once off the steering wheel. The airbags whooshed into her face, a second late, and knocked her head backwards, hitting it off the seat with enough force to make her see stars. She sat there, dazed, head lolling. And then the car started smoking from under the hood, and her instincts kicked in, if not her actual thoughts. Smoke was bad. Smoke meant fire. Fire could burn, could hurt. She wobbled out of the crunched seat, mostly unharmed, falling the short distance to the ground. Once she was certain it was just her perception and the entire world was not really spinning, she got to her knees and clumsily stood, supporting herself on the car. Oh wait. She was supposed to be getting away from it. The smoke. Possible fire. Right. She took a couple steps forward, feeling a little queasy, and then stopped. Her legs seemed to be made of jelly. Not good for a quick getaway. She wondered what she was getting away from, thinking back. The car. She looked back at it, thinking the smoke was clearing a little. So it was hopefully safe. She doubted she could walk much further, so stayed where she was. Anything else she was supposed to get away from? Her brain hurt, trying to remember. Something about animal control. She gave it up as a lost cause.

And then there was a dog in front of her. She blinked at him, recognizing him. It was Beef. No, that wasn't right. Porkchop? Even worse. Um... Venison. Yeah, that was it. She waggled her fingers at him, in a dazed wave. And then he started talking.
"Alright, Pavelle. Joyride's over. If you want to get away with this, listen to me. Here's the plan. We get both of these guys back in the van, in their seats. Then, you go get some glass bottles. Standard size. If they are missing labels, then that would be preferable. Then I'll take care of the rest. Oh, and you forgot this, you idiot."

Venison got Pavelle's collar out of his pants.

"Hopefully Mangus will get here soon. We'll need the help if we're going to drag these guys with any speed. And speed is important. I'm surprised nobody else has noticed anything yet."

"Oh, one last thing. What you saw me do? You never saw that, if you even caught what I did. Now come, we have work."
She swallowed, taking a moment to process this. Magnus. Familiar name. Her brother. She felt relieved at the prospect of having family around, for some reason. It was comforting. Especially since she was getting a killer headache. Since she didn't quite remember what she was getting away with, she decided to follow the dog's directions. But where could she find bottles? A thought occured to her. Home. Sometimes when Dad came home and Mom wasn't doing too well, he started to drink. And the alcohol came in bottles. Now she just had to actually find home. She saluted the dog, Venison, and then stumbled in a random direction. That direction happened to be in the exact opposite direction than her actual house, little did she know. For some reason, she didn't want to tell Venison that she wasn't feeling topnotch. Something from her prior self, not wanting to expose weakness to anyone. And then she looked down at the collar in her hand, and tried to fasten it around her neck. Somehow she missed and nearly hit herself in the face with it. "Oopsies." The word came out before she could stop it. And why would she want to stop it? Funny word. She giggled, and managed to fasten her collar on. Too loose, but that was better than too tight, right?

xxxxxxxxx
Magnus listened intently to Venison's orders. He nodded, pointed himself in direction of the front door, and charged. He almost got lost on the way, but somehow made it to the door without getting distracted. He opened it, went outside, closed it, and then paused. "The Wall?" He questioned out loud. The Wall... he caught a glimpse of a grey/brown back going over a nearby fence. Venison. Something inside urged him to follow, and he did so. But not over the fence. He stuck to the road, sprinting down the street. And then he caught the scents of blood and smoke, and a warning went off in his head. He ran past a body on the ground, and made sure not to trample it. It was still alive, after all. And human. Never touch hurt humans. The always lash out. And then he saw the wreck, and Pavelle walking slowly, staggeringly, towards a fence post. Strange. He'd never seen her intentionally walk into something solid before. A first for everything. Maybe it was a game. He saw Venison, then, and ran up, stopping in front of him, still watching Pavelle curiously. "Is this The Wall?" He motioned to Pavelle, who seemed to be bumping into, and tripping over, everything possible. Did she just apologize to a rock? Maybe 'The Wall' was a game after all, and Pavelle was playing...
Last edited by caelei on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Lucky dashes up to the van, unsure what to do. "I...uh... are you alright? Man, that was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen! I mean, you're not hurt are you?" He seems genuinely concerned, looking over to the two unconcious men. "W-what did you do to them? My god!" He seems to be in a combination of flustered, afraid, and adrenaline rush.

Meanwhile, back at Rav's, Balbaroy carefully follows Sara's instructions, giving her his paw. He continues to sit quietly, but he does seem to be a little anxious to be out of the tub now. "T-thanks for talking. I didn't want Rav to get the wrong idea was all."
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"'elle! Any bottles from any nearby trashcan! 'gus, come here. Help me get these guys back in the van, into their seats..." Out of his peripheral vision, Venison notices another dog.
Kalvin wrote:Lucky dashes up to the van, unsure what to do. "I...uh... are you alright? Man, that was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen! I mean, you're not hurt are you?" He seems genuinely concerned, looking over to the two unconcious men. "W-what did you do to them? My god!" He seems to be in a combination of flustered, afraid, and adrenaline rush.
"I would highly suggest leaving this premises before you get get hurt by anything. We wouldn't want anyone else getting hurt. That would be bad. In short, go away before I have to make you."

Venison started dragging the bleeding man towards the car, while at the same time tending to his broken nose, stopping the bleeding.

"'gus, could you get the...uh, sleeping guy over there and put him in the passenger seat on the other side? It will be more comfortable for him." One thing Venison noticed was that Mangus was fairly good at taking orders. He complied, thankfully, even if he didn't know what he was really doing. 'Not much of a surprise. Pavelle probably bosses him around a lot anyway.'

Venison, with great trouble, managed to shove the man back into the van. Not in the seat, but as long as he was in the car.

Venison then noticed that Pavelle wasn't looking like she was all there. Well, a car crash is quite a shock.

"'gus, after that, take 'elle home. She's feeling sick."

Venison quickly started going through some knocked over recycling bins and found bottles.

'Now here's the magic,' he thought to himself.

Venison took out his first aid kit, and quickly popped it open, and grabbed the rubbing alcohol inside of it. He poured a small bit into one bottle, then poured that into another bottle, then another. Three total. Then he dropped two bottles into the glove compartment, and took the third, with the fluid in it, and ducked his head as he smashed it against the dashboard.

Then he grabbed his stuff and hightailed it out of there.

'I wonder what stories they'll try to come up with. Drunk drivers. Always making excuses.'
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:
Meanwhile, back at Rav's, Balbaroy carefully follows Sara's instructions, giving her his paw. He continues to sit quietly, but he does seem to be a little anxious to be out of the tub now. "T-thanks for talking. I didn't want Rav to get the wrong idea was all."

I'm sure he wouldn't have got any wrong idea, an now i won't have to buy pink nail polish for you two..
She giggles an teases.

Sara ruffles the towel up an down over Balbaroy helping him dry out his fur..
too bad Venison has locked himself in the room with the fullbody pet fur dryer..
she then gets a thick deep brissled brush am brushes him out, making his fur silky soft an fluffy...
She places his collar back on,
There now your a hansom young doggie again..
Shall we go check on how Rav is doing?

Sara looks through the house.. all the doors are standing open an all the visiting pets are gone..
Oh great, now what has happened..

Rav is still still propped up into the corner of the kennel, wrapped up in the blanket. a sleep.. ZzZZzzz
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Balbaroy smiles, almost seeming a little nervous before he takes a look around and says to Sara. "Er... I really should be going. Thanks for the talk and the... bath. I guess I'll see you again sometime." With that he dashes out the open door towards his house.

------------------------------------------------

Lucky walks away, stunned by what he saw. It looks like the gray dog is setting up something, but it will never work unless they get a material witness. Maybe he can help then, do something to draw whoever comes off the scent. With that police sirens came into earshot, turning the corner just as the two men begin to regain consciousness. Lucky stands outside the wall and looks shocked towards the wreckage to make himself an obvious witness. Fortunately nobody else seemed to have been watching, all they see is the wreckage and the unconcious men.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
caelei

Post by caelei »

Magnus was good at following orders. He went over to the 'sleeping' guy, grabbed him by back of his shirt and the waist of his pants, and hefted him up over one shoulder. Once up there, the guy's weight almost overbalanced Mag, but he had it under control. He was good at lifting things. This one just happened to eat more donuts than others. He walked as fast as he could towards the car, then propped the guy up in his seat. Now he looked more comfy.
"'gus, after that, take 'elle home. She's feeling sick."
Magnus nearly jumped to do the orders. He was a good henchmen. That was what Pavelle always said, at least. He wondered silently why Venison was saying 'gus and 'elle, but it didn't matter. Now that he was looking closely at her, because he had walked up, Pavelle did look different; her eyes were unfocused and round, she kept yawning and wincing, and saying weird things like "fire's bad" and "Beef wants bottles". He paused by her side, and his heart started beating really hard. If Pavelle got sick like Mom... Pavelle made it a point to never get sick. To always be up and running and ready to take care of him. Maybe she had caught the cancer. Of course, Pavelle had already told him that you couldn't catch it by air, but if she was sick... If she was sick, he'd have practically no one. No one to bring back money and refuse to say where she'd got it. No one to read him bedtime stories, or to tell him what to do or where to go or to remind him to do his chores before watching tv. He fought back the tears, gripping Pavelle by the shoulder. She flinched, but that was normal Pavelle behavior. She didn't like being caught off guard. She turned and looked up at him, and a dreamy smile spread over her face. "Hello, Mag. Waaazzzz up?" He just smiled back, not answering, and picked her up. She didn't protest. Normally she did. He looked at Venison, waved awkwardly good-bye, and jogged off towards home. Be okay, Pavelle. Please. It was his only thought.

A couple hours later, when Pavelle would wake up in her bed and sit bolt upright, just to recieve a headache like no other she has ever felt, one question will come to mind. Why did Venison help? That's before Magnus sees she's awake and gives her a bear hug that sqeezes every atom of oxygen out of her lungs.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Before long, one of the police officers is interviewing Lucky on what he saw. The cop stands over him with a notepad and asks sternly "Can you tell me what you saw?" He hesitates for a moment, trying to get straight what he's actually going to do. However in a split second decision he comes up with what he will say.

"Well, I was standing inside The Wall, when he went back to get my drink, I heard this screeching come from outside. So I come out and this van is swerving along the road, and the guy in the driver's seat is hanging out the open door with this bottle in his hands. When he finally goes back into the vehicle it crashes right into the fence over there. It was unbelievable!"

He is asked a few more questions, eventually news vans come and they ask him questions, but he has the innate ability to tell the same story each time. Not once does his story change. Also the people who were almost run over by Pavelle's driving blacked out from shock and don't remember what happens. (Luck 10, keeps his story legitimate) Newspapers, news channels, and a few bloggers all get the story from him, as both of the dazed and disoriented animal control officers are led into a squad car in handcuff.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers