HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Keeshah »

Lucky gets up an stretches, out from under the vixen..
Wincing and moaning as he stretches out his tail, and get limber again..
Looking about..
Wha? the mutts still haven't been here?
What could have happened to them?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

Pitchpipe jingled the night's haul of goodies from the local scavengers, raccoons and possums and other decent predators (as she thought of them), and stuffed it in a bag deep in the bottom of her pack. Then she started looking for a place to nap for the morning.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites tried forcing himself back to sleep, but couldn't, he had made an obligation to Sixtoes. It was still early, he slowly lid himself off the mattress, trying hard to make no noise. Once he was up he did a few stretches using his board to help. He still didn't want to be a bother so as quietly as he could he got himself out into the living room that they were in last night. He didn't know how far away the zoo was but just decided to sit in the sunlight and warm up.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David moaned slightly as he held Selene. "We have to get up, beautiful girl," he said unhappily, pulling back slightly after kissing Selene.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scum/Scruff tried not to but he snored lightly in his naptime.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:David moaned slightly as he held Selene. "We have to get up, beautiful girl," he said unhappily, pulling back slightly after kissing Selene.
"yeah...." Selene nodded , in a jokingly reluctant tone , then sat up "Guess he's up as well" she said
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Malcolm, Rosal's father, was busy making a wacky breakfast when he heard the sound of his 'Prophet Roomba' entering the room. He bent backwards a little to see it hooked a winter is coming picture. No one knows how it gets the pictures, not even Rosal.

He was shivering, wondering what earth shattering event would befall his new home when he heard Rosal coming down the stairs. He said, while turning, "Ah, my dear son, you must be careful. As the roomba hath said winter..." Only to stop at the sever lack of pink and red. He made a weird face as he flipped the bacon without looking, "Well it wasn't wrong."

The cat's fur was now mostly light grey, almost white and dark brown that went together smoothly in eye pleasing patterns. Rosal chuckled lightly at his father, who still wore the silly face, "Is breakfast almost ready? I kinda want to go out early today."

His father smiled, "Hardly ready, but that is quickly remedied." He then proceeded to light a match and drop it into the bacon pan causing it to burst into flames. Despite the fire almost licking his long hair Malcolm held his smile.

Rosal's smiled flatered slightly, "You know what I think I'll just go for a short walk and see if I run into my friends." He made his way to the door and called to the kitchen, "If one of them comes by, like Yukon, page me, alright?" He stepped out into the morning air and made his way towards the park. Sighing gently, he rubbed his arm, wondering what the day would bring.

Once the door slammed shut Malcolm comically called to no one, "No, wait, please, don't leave me with the roomba." He turned his head to see the roomba motionless, the previous picture replaced with one of a bed, captioned, 'Toknife, you.' He simply turned back to the stove and flipped the bacon fireball, "This is what I get for messing with your circuitry."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon cracked open some eggs in a pan and sprinkled some ham on top of it. He let it cook before flipping it over and sliding it off on to another plate and sitting back down on the couch with it, staring out the window as he ate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It wasn't supposed to be quite like this, you know," David sighed. "It was supposed to be set up home, get a job, welcome 'the boss', settle down and THEN meet the most beautiful female in the states." He smiled. "You jumped the queue!" He chuckled and stood up before offering his queue-jumper a hand up. "And Alpha's made it into the plan too. I think I have enough supplies to make bacon and eggs if you like or we could head out for breakfast."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scruff napped on, secure under his bush...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I don't know Mister Frank I think you been doing it all wrong none of those big cats were mean at all."

"I never seen anything like that, kid. That tiger in there, he bowled a keeper into the moat just for lookin' at him funny, and he was treatin' you like a pet."

"Maybe it's cos I am a pet!"

Cinnamon laughed and tugged at his garish green collar.

"I don't know what to say Mister Frank but Kumal's got a bit of a broad sense of humor maybe he thought it was a good joke! Tigers like to swim you know that right it's very unusual for a cat."

"But kid, there wasn't any water in the moat that day."

"Oh."
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"It wasn't supposed to be quite like this, you know," David sighed. "It was supposed to be set up home, get a job, welcome 'the boss', settle down and THEN meet the most beautiful female in the states." He smiled. "You jumped the queue!" He chuckled and stood up before offering his queue-jumper a hand up. "And Alpha's made it into the plan too. I think I have enough supplies to make bacon and eggs if you like or we could head out for breakfast."
"heh , sorry " Selene giggled , accepting David's hand "And it's alright , I love bacon and eggs"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"What kind of town is this, all these pets and not a doghouse in site? It's like they're all letting the animals sleep inside with them." Pitchpipe thought to herself, before finally settling down behind some bags of mulch in a garage loft.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Scum, wake up," said a voice that was both on his lips and in his head. He cracked an eye open. It was still light so he moaned. "Wake up, clot-head," the voice said again and the little Raccoon had no choice but to listen to it. "I hear something," it said.

"Thass' you talkin', Scruff replied, wondering where he was. Oh, yeah, Zoo. But now he could hear it too. Something moving closer. He looked for cover and saw it around the side of something called an 'Insect house.' It took him a few seconds to reason that the second part of the first word wasn't what he thought but he wasn't willing to go in... Just in case. He hid by the entrance.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

The voice coming from the other side of the building was complaining. Whining, even.

"Do I hafta go into the mongoose enclosure? They were really getting on my case yesterday after that stupid snake got me confused with a mongoose. I mean weasels and mongooses are completely unrelated except for being carnivores of course they have weird eyes and stiff fur and tails and a completely different dent..."

"Enough, kid! Stand up straight, take the package, and march right in there! You didn't have any problem with the grizzly bear and you're afraid of a bunch of cartoon characters?"

"Yes sir! No sir, I men yes sir. I'm not afraid of them sir! But Bernard isn't mean, sir, he's just big!"

"You want to keep working here, kid?"

"Yes sir Mister Frank sir!"

"Then pick up the package, open the door, and go on in."

"Yes sir..."

The sound of a door opening is followed by a muffled squeal and the sound of a hollow metal object hitting the ground.

"Oh for the love of... OK, kid, I'll take over, you go back to the dorm and get cleaned up."

After a few minutes a big red weasel picking eggshells from his fur, letting their contents drip carelessly on the path, comes around the corner.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Ack, an egg monster!" Scruff tried to jump backwards up the wall as the mess came towards him. Then he tried to relax. "Oh, it's you," he said hopefully before tasting a bit of the dripping egg. "Not very sweet."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David checked in on Alphabites and, finally locating him, asked if Eggs and Bacon were OK for breakfast or if they would have to get him breakfast before getting him a proper bed.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"You don't want to eat that you don't know what the mongooses put in the bucket... or maybe you do I don't know what raccoons eat maybe rotten eggs are OK. Hey! You better get outta here the keepers don't want wild animals in here because they're not vaccinated and they don't have shots for all the species yet. I already told you that last night didn't I or am I remembering wrong I don't think so I got a real good memory..."
Last edited by Argent on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You did," Scruff said,
"You did," he said in agreement with himself.
"I was, um, just looking for a place to sleep..."
"and to see if you... I mean I could be innocculated and live here?"
"What? Er, um, yes. Oh, and I'm going by Scruff now, Sixtoes." Scruff added with enthusiasm. "I could help you help the humans help them!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I'll find out if you can get vaccinated without an owner when I call Sandy I don't wanna do that yet I don't know when his first class is but I know he yells at me if I wake him up. I don't think they take raccoons in at the zoo just what they call exotic animals which means ones humans don't see all the time."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scruff put his arms wide. "They don't often see me! We hide!"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Snakefood! You can't be seen here and I can't be seen talking to you! Look I gotta go wash this off and Mister Burns is going to be coming back in a few minutes. I'm going this way and you see if you can hide from me cos if I see you and don't report it I'm gonna be in more trouble than you!"

And the little animal started off down the narrow concrete path to the showers.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scruff, on deciding that hasn't gone quite so well as hoped, zipped up a tree as fast as able and made his way easily onto the insect house roof. He tucked himself tight in a corner and yawned.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon finished the rest of his sandwich of egg and ham and put the plate in the sink. He stretched again, a light growl escaping from his throat and ending with a sigh. Opening a drawer in the side table, he removed his collar and slipped it on, closing the clasp snugly. Afterwards, he headed out the door, locking it behind him and heading down the street to Rosals house, I'll go see him and maybe we can find everyone else. He smiled to himself.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote: David checked in on Alphabites and, finally locating him, asked if Eggs and Bacon were OK for breakfast or if they would have to get him breakfast before getting him a proper bed.
"good morning Alpha , did you sleep well ?" Selene asked with a smile after David got to him first
Argent

Post by Argent »

After a shower and blow-dry Cinnamon was feeling mostly musteline again, but he discovered that he'd forgotten to pack any of his fur conditioner, and his pelt was feeling dry and sticky.

And of course none of the zookeepers had any idea how civilized pets function.

And he couldn't go into town to buy it, because they didn't allow pets without a human.

Cinnamon wasn't a happy weasel.

"I don't need to be here until half an hour before the show! Why can't I get out of here for a couple of hours?"

"Kid, I'm sorry about the eggs, and the mongooses are going to be sorry, too, but I don't make the rules."

"So who do I need to talk to?"

"He's in the morning's staff meeting and it won't be out until after the..."

Frank stopped as Cinnamon started bouncing on his paws and making sounds like a teakettle about to boil over.

"Or you could get your owner to tell me otherwise. You want me to call him?"

"NO! Um. No. He'll get mad at me if you wake him up and... urgh... urgh..."

"Kid, I got work to do. Just stay out of my way."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Serence Frostbite wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote: David checked in on Alphabites and, finally locating him, asked if Eggs and Bacon were OK for breakfast or if they would have to get him breakfast before getting him a proper bed.
"good morning Alpha , did you sleep well ?" Selene asked with a smile after David got to him first
Alphabites turned to face David and Selene, quickly scribbling down, Morning, yes the bed was lovely, and breakfast sounds great. He showed them the board with a smile on his face.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"OK," David said happily. "It'll be about twenty minutes. And we'll get you a proper bed today, OK? Wood frame and all." he headed into the kitchen and started work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scruff poked his head up slightly to see if anyone was looking for him.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal walked through the gentle breeze of the morning as he exited on the other side of the park, wondering where to walk next. Before he could contemplate too long he saw a figure down the street that he recognized to be Yukon. He pushed down the anxiousness he felt and slowly made his way towards the dog, knowing he wouldn't recognize him, visually at least. The closer he got to the dog the more his concerns would flit through his mind, wondering if he'll mess up, or worse, if he should have waited at home. By the time he was in range of properly greeting Yukon, he couldn't, he knew it was silly, but he still felt scared.

He turned his gaze to the ground and started to rub his arm again, a sigh escaping his lips, 'Perhaps I should have stayed with the roomba.' He thought sarcastically.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon walked past the cat, at first not realizing who it was, but he lifted his nose to the wind and took a few sniffs before turning around, "Rosal?" He asked half impressed and half surprised, "So you decided to go the natural route after all?" He looked him up and down,"It looks nice," A smile growing across his muzzle.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal stopped at the sound of his name, gripping his arm like a vice and turned, only to loosen his grip and return the friendly smile that adorned his friend's face. He slowly made his way back towards Yukon, "Thanks... and sorry I didn't, well say anything. I'm still a little worried about all this for no good reason."
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh there's nothing to be worried about, I'm sure everyone else'll act the same." He looks Rosal up and down once more, "And loosen up, you're so tense. No need to be nervous. I'll be right behind you, or in front of you, or to the side. I'll be nearby..."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal took and deep breath and tried to relax, succeeding for the most part, "Thanks. S-so what should we do? I didn't really plan anything."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"OK," David said happily. "It'll be about twenty minutes. And we'll get you a proper bed today, OK? Wood frame and all." he headed into the kitchen and started work.
Alphabites smiled as David left into the kitchen, he looked at Selene, quickly erasing his board. I didn't wake you did I?, he showed her the board while pulling off a slight frown of concern.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Within a few minutes, David had the bacon and eggs going.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scum couldn't get to sleep. Not easily, anyhow. Human kids were here and they were always noisy and unpredictable. And messy. So he stayed hidden atop the insect house, waiting for a chance to scoop up whatever the kids left.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

The marten walked past the insect house, around the back, between the bushes and the wooden fence enclosing the animal pens where it seemed like there shouldn't be a gap, and then slid under a board and was suddenly on the outside of the enclosures. He darted across the lawn and up into the trees over the stream, over the fence around the zoo proper.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scum took his eyes off the kids and watched Sixtoes before deciding to follow him. He did so quietly and carefully, inexpertly climbing the tree and hoping Sixtoes hadn't noticed him. He was good at avoiding humans so he was sure they hadn't...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Civilization wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:"OK," David said happily. "It'll be about twenty minutes. And we'll get you a proper bed today, OK? Wood frame and all." he headed into the kitchen and started work.
Alphabites smiled as David left into the kitchen, he looked at Selene, quickly erasing his board. I didn't wake you did I?, he showed her the board while pulling off a slight frown of concern.
"oh no no no no" Selene smiled , waving her paws "Please don't be concerned , we awoke on our own . We were afraid that we would wake you up actually" she giggled
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Within a few minutes, David had the bacon and eggs going.
"oh , that smells lovely"
Welsh Halfwit2

Post by Welsh Halfwit2 »

"It'll be ready in a few minutes," David announced, calling back over his shoulder. "There's some plastic plates in my pack, Selene. Could you fish them out?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scum looked down where Sixtoes had landed and waited to see if the Marten was going to move...
If you're seeing a 2 in my name, assume I tried to change E-mails and the system's messed it up.

Sig is Keeva, a girl from SteelHaven.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon smiled and turned him around, "I figured we might go see David and the rest," He said while fishing a map out of his collar.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit2 wrote:"It'll be ready in a few minutes," David announced, calling back over his shoulder. "There's some plastic plates in my pack, Selene. Could you fish them out?"
"Of course" Selene replied , then told Alphabite "Well I'm gonna lend David a paw , feel free to make yourself comfortable OK" she said with a wink.
"erm , where's your pack David ?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal tensed slightly Yukon turned him around, but quickly relaxed at the proposition to visit the others, "That sounds like a good idea! B-but what if they're not morning people? Eh, if we hear a growl I guess we could out run them."
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon laughed at the thought, "I dunno, I think I could take them." He throws up his fists into a mock fighting stance, reminiscent of old English fighters.