HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites listened to David, looking at the leash, deciding that he was right he clipped the leash on and mustered a smile. He wrapped the end loop around his paw so he could still use his board. Okay, lead on then.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Keeshah wrote:
He looks up to the sky, down to the ground, side to side. behind the bush, then under a rock..
I think were all alone now, and no listening devices i can smell about here..
So what did you need to talk to be about, that couldn't be told to me in the house??

Somehow managing to curl his tail into a questioning mark behind him.

"Dustin and Sara are inside the house. I don't want them listening to us about this."

Blood simply stated as he looked straight at Rav with his usual, unnerving stare. They weren't that far from the house. In fact, probably still within view of it from some of the upstairs windows. They were only in the backyard near the barn, which was now where Dust had decided to stick his fifth-wheel to keep it out of the weather.

"Rav, do you remember that day in the park? When we woke up with that cat and those other dogs?"

Blood closed the space a little between him and his fluffy roommate, and concentrated on his thoughts while looking straight into Rav's eyes. Even if he didn't understand how, he knew Rav should be able to at least understand what he meant without him having to spell it out.

"Before we were like this."

He echoed that thought in his mind, still not convinced he was actually sending it into his friends head like some radio signal.

"We never told Sara or Dust about that day. But we don't even remember do we, at least not everything. What DO you remember Rav?"
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon noticed Alphabites's hesitation to put on the leash and turned to him, bending over to whisper to him, "Don't worry, you aren't the only one who doesn't like to wear them."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: "Dustin and Sara are inside the house. I don't want them listening to us about this."
oh what could this be? I never pegged you for one who kept secrets from the humans.
D-Singer wrote: "Rav, do you remember that day in the park? When we woke up with that cat and those other dogs?"
Yea, that was strange.. sleeping in a circle with all of those other pets. Where they even from around here?
D-Singer wrote:Blood closed the space a little between him and his fluffy roommate, and concentrated on his thoughts while looking straight into Rav's eyes. Even if he didn't understand how, he knew Rav should be able to at least understand what he meant without him having to spell it out.

"Before we were like this."
He echoed that thought in his mind, still not convinced he was actually sending it into his friends head like some radio signal.

What are you barking about? We have always been able to do this.. The only thing strange is.. is.. is.. that there should be more of us..
D-Singer wrote:"We never told Sara or Dust about that day. But we don't even remember do we, at least not everything. What DO you remember Rav?"
Rav swivels his ears about, as he tries to remember that day..
I don't remember what we were doing that day, before we woke in that pile in the middle of the night..
He rubs at his chin..
About the only thing i remember was that strong smelling druggie cat, an his stories about flying teacups chasing after him or something..
Ravage snuggles up close to Blood..
Funny thing that you ask me if i remember anything. I... I haven't been able to remember at lot of things..
I can't remember being a puppy!
So i got out my papers to find out where i came from.
I've see the names of dame and sire n it. My Dame was a champion, My Sire a Grand Champion, But i can't remember what they looked like, smelled like, acted like..!
I kinda remember flashes of being in the show ring myself, my papers confirm that i have earned a few points twords my championship.
But I can't remember being owned by anyone but Sara. But my papers say i have been owned twice before her.

Rav looks freakishly deeply into Blood's eyes..
It's like half of my life is just GONE!...
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hello! What are you all doing here?"

The voice comes from behind the assembled pets.

"Hello Alpha... um... Alpha! I told you the show didn't start until ten and it's not even eight o'clock! You didn't hardly have to rush!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Good morning, Sixtoes," David said, turning at the sound, "Young Alpha couldn't wait to see you again?" He quirked an eyeridge. "You made quite an impression."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Up above, a young raccoon swung lazily on a branch, wondering who all the others were.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

"Rav."
Blood sternly said just his name, attempting to stress his seriousness.

"This Isn't normal."

"No we haven't! You really don't think it's weird that you can figure out what I'm trying to tell you, without me even mentioning it?"

The reminder of Sid and his rambling about aliens that particular evening was unsettling. Blood really didn't want to think of it as anything more than just pure coincidence. That cat was just crazy. Probably burnt out on catnip and possibly anise too, judging by that stash he showed off to him and that pretty Spanish dog.
Keeshah wrote:Ravage snuggles up close to Blood..
Funny thing that you ask me if i remember anything. I... I haven't been able to remember at lot of things..
I can't remember being a puppy!
So i got out my papers to find out where i came from.
I've see the names of dame and sire n it. My Dame was a champion, My Sire a Grand Champion, But i can't remember what they looked like, smelled like, acted like..!
I kinda remember flashes of being in the show ring myself, my papers confirm that i have earned a few points towards my championship.
But I can't remember being owned by anyone but Sara. But my papers say i have been owned twice before her.

Rav looks freakishly deeply into Blood's eyes..
It's like half of my life is just GONE!...

Of course he was missing the point, but that was nothing surprising. Rav is always a goofy idiot. The fact he admittedly remembered so little about his life was just another sign of how different the two dogs were, despite being the same breed. Maybe it had something to do with bloodlines.

Blood knew came from a family of GSDs bred almost exclusively for working, notably police dogs.

Rav came from probably a long line of show dogs bred for appearance.

Blood's great grandparents were probably expected to be able to memorize and follow multiple tasks, and retain skills.

Rav's latest ancestors were just expected to have shiny, fluffy coats, perky ears, and acceptable stature.

Blood could remember his biological parents and siblings by name, entire chapters of his puppyhood, and almost everything leading up to where he was standing now. He was even older than Rav and didn't have any trouble with that. But Rav...?
He was just different. Maybe it was just bad genes for memory and mental prowess.
Or maybe, it had something to do with what he went through at that pet school after he got in trouble when he was younger...

"Maybe you don't remember, but I do."
"I've met lots of people and dogs, and cats, and even feral animals. But could never do that."
"Not even with some of my best friends."

"But I just can't remember that one stupid day."

"I can't remember anything between you bringing me breakfast in the morning, and us waking up in the park."

"What the freak happened??"
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites smiled, Yeah but I had to find this place, then you. Then make sure I have everything down so I'm ready to go. He flipped his board around so Sixtoes could see. He waved his free paw to say hello.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Be your own owner, Alpha," David advised, "hold your own leash, yes?" He kneeled down next to the Ferret. "I know it is an imposition," he advised quietly. "It is also the law here. It'll change but not yet and, if you want to meet this Sixtoes, we need to play by their rules, OK?" He stood again, bowed to the sales officer and headed in. "Does this mean we get to call each other 'pet', Selene, my sweet?" he asked, holding up the leash in his hand.
"well" Selene giggled "I heard humans calling their pets all kinds of adorable words before , maybe we could do that to "fit in" as well?" she said , winking at David
"Good morning to you too Sixtoes , hope we're not interrupting anything" she then greeted the marten .
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote:"Rav."
Blood sternly said just his name, attempting to stress his seriousness.
"This Isn't normal."

**This feels perfectly normal to me. Well, other than the feeling there should be more to us..**
D-Singer wrote:"No we haven't! You really don't think it's weird that you can figure out what I'm trying to tell you, without me even mentioning it?"
**No.. not at all.**
D-Singer wrote:"Maybe you don't remember, but I do."
"I've met lots of people and dogs, and cats, and even feral animals. But could never do that."
"Not even with some of my best friends."

**But i have already admitted to not being able to remember things..
At least the things i can remember not being able to remember.
Like how you are the accepted Alpha of us. I don't recall ever getting into a dominance battle with you..
So i'll take my Alpha's word this is new to us.
But is being like this REALLY all that bad?**

D-Singer wrote:Blood could remember his biological parents and siblings by name, entire chapters of his puppyhood, and almost everything leading up to where he was standing now. He was even older than Rav and didn't have any trouble with that. But Rav...?
He was just different. Maybe it was just bad genes for memory and mental prowess.
Or maybe, it had something to do with what he went through at that pet school after he got in trouble when he was younger...

Rav mentally stares, as if watching a flickering film. As the streaming thoughts of Blood, as he was now for once, maintaining the mental link between them. allowing for even closer more personal contact between them... the flashes of his past scrolling past. He could almost touch, smell, feel his memories as they flicker past..

Rav issues a sharp Gruff aloud, as Blood puts forth that he has bad genes or mental defect..
If i had such bad genes, I wouldn't have been allowed to stay intact with such a major fault as that.
Show dogs are always under a close watch for any kind of faults like that.

Rav snips aloud. then stops to reflect why such a thought, drew such a near hostile response from him..
Sorry.. Apparently that was a point of pride with me, that i didn't remember until just then..
I didn't mean to snap at you..

Turning his head to look away, to prevent there eyes meeting an furthering a possible challenge or conflict..

D-Singer wrote:
"But I just can't remember that one stupid day."

"I can't remember anything between you bringing me breakfast in the morning, and us waking up in the park."

"What the freak happened??"

From what you seem to be saying, it's The one thing you don't want to accept.
We have been experimented upon like lab animals.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Hotep stood in the park as if alone. The slight breeze rustled the grass in a slow eerie scene. The smaller GSD stood quietly eyes closed and covered with a blindfold. His body tingled some making his fur stand on edge it wasnt a usual feeling but it was different. He felt a strange shift, after shaking it off He regained composure. His body shaking some as he heard the faint sound of rustling .

Nesrby Ripcord sat on all fours and absolutley still. His own skills being put to use to help train Hotep. "Looks like mom did a good job with care.....and hes done his own part in keeping himself in place....however did he hear me?" Ripcord thought as he slowly edged himself into another deathly silent step towards hotep.
the action itself was quick, hotep had turned to face ripcord and seemed to glide towards him in a spinning motion. Ripcord was ready, his pounce launched him forward only to get tossed over Hotep easily. Ripcord landed and skid a bit before dashing to attack again, hotep stayed in a serious look as his heard Ripcord dash at him again his ears mostly facing his father as the two fought paw to paw like some street fighter game that merged with dragonball z in a slower speed. Then hotep was sent flying.

Ripcord pounced onto hotep and pinned him making hotep yelp some before giving up at another loss. he took the headband off in defeat as he was helped up before the two smiled at each other happily
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Interrupting anything no I just wanted to get outta here for a while because the stupid mongooses pranked me and I figured I could find you guys and hang out a while before I hadda get ready for the show. So what happens you're here anyway and I guess we can hang out here. You ever been in a zoo before?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Once or twice," David said in response to the Zoo question as he looked around, as though for trouble. "Little place outside London called Whipsnade" He stretched, arching his back. "Nice place you have here."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites looked around himself seeing what a zoo was like, he had been in a zoo before, but it was not for fun. He realized that he hadn't done anything for fun outside of work and small ways of entertaining himself. No, I've never been to a zoo before. He probably would have added that a look around would have been nice, but given how Sixtoes wanted away from the zoo animals. Do you have any private place in the zoo that you use to get away then? After he finished writing all that he turned the board for the others to see while messing with his leash to get it more comfortably in his paw.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh yes! I have my own room it's really big it's really for humans so my bed is enormous and I've got a computer and it's got Internet and everything! It's really the best place but I can't show you it's in 'for employees only'. You all had your shots right and shown your tags to the guard right?"

Cinnamon made finger quotes around "for employees only".

"Where's your humans?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Mine's still in another city," David said, with his eyes still flicking around. "I feel like we're being watched."
---------------------------------------
Scruff got closer to the end of the branch to see if he could hear what was being said.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Upon hearing David say that Rosla carefully looked around, "Is it a bad being watched?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon lifted his nose to the air as the wind shifted, taking a few sniffs, "I see what you mean." He shifts his eyes to David.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Of course you're being watched there's cameras everywhere!"

As if a sudden thought had struck him, a guilty look swept over the big weasel and, his ears pulled protectively back, he bounced up on his long toes to try and peer over the fence towards the reptile house.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Um, hello," said a Raccoon up a tree, figuring he'd been spotted. He waved and almost fell out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites frowned at Sixtoes question about owners, but figured it was meant for the others, with Sixtoes now guilty behavior he became a little concerned himself. What's wrong? He quickly scribbled down, figuring the others could deal with the newcomer.
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Ah snake... snakefood! We can't have wild animals in here! Shoo! Shoo!"

Cinnamon waved wildly at the raccoon, urging him back towards the zoo entrance, keeping one eye on the human in the ticket booth.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Taking the hint, Scum pulled himself backwards along the branch and headed over the top towards the entrance. He had to jump the last bit and landed on the ticket booth before sliding down just on the other side of the fence. "I'm alright," he told the others as he looked imploringly at them through the fence.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon tried to mouth "I'm sorry" to the raccoon, but what with him being a weasel it probably didn't take.

"Sandy had to sign all kinds of papers when he brought me here you wouldn't believe the rules they have about 'outside animals' even if they're staying outside the cages. All my paperwork's in order and Dad's a vet and I still had to get inspected from nose to tail because I'm working in 'employees only'!"

He made air-quotes around "outside animals" and "employees only".

"Outside animals means you guys so where's your humans?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"As said," David stated, putting a finger under his collar, "mine is a few hundred miles away and Alpha does not, it seems, have a human now although all vaccinations are up to date according to the papers left at my house. I should point out that we were permitted entry, sir."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scum sighed, indicated a nearby bush and went and sat under it.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Some hours away in another town." He gave a little tug on the leash, "The admissions guy said we were fine as long as we wore these, so I don't see what the problem is."
Argent

Post by Argent »

"He did? Wow I mean that's like just. Wow. Wait here."

Cinnamon scurries off to the ticket booth and engages in an animated discussion with the ticket taker.

And comes back shaking his head.

"Wow I mean that's weird I was sure he was pranking you guys but he insists he's for real and it's OK. Wow."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Argent wrote:"He did? Wow I mean that's like just. Wow. Wait here."

Cinnamon scurries off to the ticket booth and engages in an animated discussion with the ticket taker.

Pops is out of his booth, holding a broom. As two security gals are pushing throw the bushes, looking for something..
He then turn as the Pine Martin scampers up.
be-careful, There is a big male raccoon sniffing around the entrance, trying to get in.
it must be rabid if it is out in the daylight like this.

So, you must be Sixpaws, the one the others were looking for.
I didn't know we had a pet working as an employee here, instead of as an exhibit.

An as the wonder weasel explains..
Do you know about the leash laws? I thought it was taught in basic pet class..
A pet must be leashed, with someone holding it at all times..
As long as there holding each other's leashes, and don't climbing on, or trying to get into the exhibits. security is not going to bother them, thinking there owners are following along somewhere behind.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scruff kept himself hunkered down in the biggest, thickest, thicket he could find. He couldn't move but he was still both offended and complimented. He wasn't Rabid! But the human thought he was big, that was something. He'd only nearly fallen out of the tree because he was tired, after all. Things happened here in the day and, when new to an area, it wasn't smart to sleep until you knew the area, was it? Perhaps if he was asleep when/if they found him they'd think it wasn't him? Worth a try. He couldn't move anyway. So he tried to sleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So where would you like to show us first," David asked, watching the search pattern and hoping they'd be gentle with the Raccoon.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

<previously>
Keeshah wrote:be-careful, There is a big male raccoon sniffing around the entrance, trying to get in. it must be rabid if it is out in the daylight like this.
"Oh no raccoons are often around in the daytime they're not nocturnal like me I mean I have to take naps all the time just to keep up with humans I don't know where you guys get the energy!"

</previously>

"Let's go to the African exhibit they have some of the nicest small mammals even the meerkats are friendly if you don't try and move in on their action. Not like their mongoose cousins."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites smiled, Sounds good to me. He was thoroughly looking forward to his first official day off.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Without much to say for herself , Selene just stayed close to David as the others discussed their plans for the day , At the back of her mind , she could feel something...........the vixen can't really tell what it was though
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"You look distracted, sweet," David said, finally noticing Selene's ill feeling after pushing hair out of his eyes again. "Anything I can assist with?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon keeps up a running monologue as he trots towards the African enclosure.

"There's the reptile house if you want to visit it you'll have to go yourself because the stupid snakes can't tell a mongoose from a weasel I mean really there's dozens of anatomical differences! Over the other way is small mammals I can't go in there either after the incident in the reptile house which is completely unfair. Then there's the petting zoo and YOU guys can't go there they don't allow outside animals to have contact with the zoo animals but that building just past it is the auditorium that's where they do the shows and you want to be there at nine thirty Alpha..."

Finally up a slight slope to the front of the African exhibit.

"You guys keeping up good! This is the newest exhibit it was just finished this last winter you can see there's still a bit of construction. Don't climb up there it's not as solid as it looks that's how I lost my cellphone."

Down in the big open enclosure a gang of meerkats are lounging decoratively, and a group of lions and hyenas are playing poker.

"Hey guys the zoo's opened!" Cinnamon yells down to them, "You don't wanna let the humans see you outta character!"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Yes," David added, "someone might paint one of those lousy pictures of you all! Talk about working from home."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Alphabites just looked around, nodding and taking in everything. Doing his best to relax and enjoy a leisurely time, smiling at the animal's behavior, he didn't mind, he knew what it was like to have to live where you work. He looked at Selene when David pointed out her concerned look, if she wanted to say it she would, not like he could push it anyways.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"it's fine" Selene whispered to David "My wolf friend is just nearby , so I'm a little worried that's all"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David put his arm around the back of Selene's waist. "We'll just have to be vigilant," he said. "and deal if we need to, yeah?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scruff kept himself tight to the ground and curled. Sleep was hard to come by right now and he was watching the humans.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yeah" Selene nodded . The vixen was pretty sure there wouldn't be any problem anyway , David can take care of himself , she trusted him , and the wolf was a good friend of her anyway , despite acting immature at time , that wolf know how to stay out of trouble when she doesn't looking for it . But still......
~~~~~~~~~~
meanwhile , the young racoon could feel a sudden feeling , like someone was watching him
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Scruff looked around. There was a smell nearby. Not like the humans. Hot road tar over a leaking dead critter; that sort of smell. He stayed in the bush but moved around, trying to get a better look...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie