HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: HPU - Richardson Valley

Post by Keeshah »

Deske wrote:Yukon walked outside and stared into the quickly growing darkness, "Which way is the fort?"

It's just down the street to the groves, then we turn north.
we will come to a field, and the barn is out in that field.. simple..

Lucky says, with his head tuning this way an that, on the lookout for attacking fireworks..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Excellent," David said before offering Selene his arm. "Then let us away."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon smiled widely, "I haven't seen fireworks in a long time, I'm so excited!"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Excellent," David said before offering Selene his arm. "Then let us away."
Lucky takes Kayla's arm in his. leading the group down the sidewalk, and across the street in to the fruit groves.
Now we go north from here..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Keeshah wrote: So you would really be happy, with just being a plain ol' everyday dog.
eating, sleeping most of the day, and burring bones in the back yard?

Rubbing over his shoulders, after seeing him squirm and flex them..
Blood arched his back and shifted around where he was sitting. The rubbing was really serving to help loosen up some really sore muscles, though maybe a tad uncomfortable.

"There's a big difference between being a tough pet, and being a stray dog..."

"I opt for the former, because the latter is miserable."

"I used to think being a pet was all about being on a short leash. But I never really knew any better. At least not until Dustin saved me."

---
D-Singer wrote:Dustin smiled at Rav in a really friendly sort of way, noticing how he flinched away slightly at his touch.

"Heh, I didn't used to. But after a while it kinda grew on me while I was still in the military. But Blood wouldn't be able to relate to that, seeing as how he's never been."

"He used to be a street dog. So I guess it came with the lifestyle. Old habits must die hard."

Hotep the psychic wrote:HOteps owner smiled at ravs question, "i personally dont like all the rough and tumble, its just how i have to be for my job. Ripcord here was the dog who....learned on the run. he went through quite alot before where hes at now." hoteps owner said.
"luckily ill see him there while hoteps training." Ripcord said as he watched another firework go off.
Keeshah wrote:But i was raised to be a show dog..
i should be strutting my stuff in the ring during the day, and entertaining the females at night..
not really cut out for all this fighting stuff.. anymorrre

D-Singer wrote:"You'll get to meet him soon enough. He's practically Rav's brother now! I'm sure he wouldn't want to be missing out on helping him learn K-MAADS."
Keeshah wrote:Arrrgh that under-paw'ed fighting stuff.. I had hoped yu had forgotten about that, taken me there..
Dust knelt down to talk to Rav, looking at him with a softer expression.
"Rav, you're not really afraid of training with Blood and getting new tags are you? You're a shepherd! Show dog or not, fighting to protect is what made your breed so famous, and I've seen you with Blood."

He put his arm around Rav's shoulder.
"Despite what he might tell you, you're actually not bad at playing with him despite all those dirty tricks he knows. Wouldn't it be fun knowing them all yourself and pinning him to the grass for a change?"
Dustin giggled at that last part.

"Also..."

"You ever played in a scrapping match in front of some girls? Just ask Blood, it pays to be a winner..."

What an interesting thing to hear, considering Blood had never mentioned that to Rav himself about getting girls with those skills of his. It was a wonder why that was...
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"Excellent," David said before offering Selene his arm. "Then let us away."
Selene gladly accepted David's arm , following the foxes as they head north.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Kayla smiled as Lucky took her arm. "This'll be the first time I've seen fireworks." she said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal quickly followed, stretching as he did, "I can't even remember the last time I saw live fireworks. Aw, well, makes you appreciate them all the more, eh?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: Blood arched his back and shifted around where he was sitting. The rubbing was really serving to help loosen up some really sore muscles, though maybe a tad uncomfortable.

"I used to think being a pet was all about being on a short leash. But I never really knew any better. At least not until Dustin saved me."
Some pets need to be kept on a short leash, but i'm quite sure that your not one of those type of pets that needs to be .

---
D-Singer wrote:Dustin smiled at Rav in a really friendly sort of way, noticing how he flinched away slightly at his touch.

"Heh, I didn't used to. But after a while it kinda grew on me while I was still in the military. But Blood wouldn't be able to relate to that, seeing as how he's never been."

"He used to be a street dog. So I guess it came with the lifestyle. Old habits must die hard."

Yippy Ki eh!

D-Singer wrote:"You'll get to meet him soon enough. He's practically Rav's brother now! I'm sure he wouldn't want to be missing out on helping him learn K-MAADS."
Keeshah wrote:Arrrgh that under-paw'ed fighting stuff.. I had hoped yu had forgotten about that, taken me there..
Dust knelt down to talk to Rav, looking at him with a softer expression.
"Rav, you're not really afraid of training with Blood and getting new tags are you? You're a shepherd! Show dog or not, fighting to protect is what made your breed so famous, and I've seen you with Blood."

He put his arm around Rav's shoulder.
"Despite what he might tell you, you're actually not bad at playing with him despite all those dirty tricks he knows. Wouldn't it be fun knowing them all yourself and pinning him to the grass for a change?"
Dustin giggled at that last part.

"Also..."

"You ever played in a scrapping match in front of some girls? Just ask Blood, it pays to be a winner..."

What an interesting thing to hear, considering Blood had never mentioned that to Rav himself about getting girls with those skills of his. It was a wonder why that was...[/quote]

I used to take on anyone who wouldn't show there submission to me.
But then i was locked away, and had to learn to be a docile, submissive dog, to get out of the retraining center.

Rav henhouse his head off to the side..
I guess that is the way it is done in the wild..
but i though you humans always chose who we are to mate with by matching where i strong genetically, with one that is weak there. or something like that.,
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"A new life," David said, more to himself than anything as they walked toward the fort. "A new house, more new friends than I've ever had - even Foxes," he added with a grin to Selene. "Quite a day, isn't it?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A new life," David said, more to himself than anything as they walked toward the fort. "A new house, more new friends than I've ever had - even Foxes," he added with a grin to Selene. "Quite a day, isn't it?"
Lucky looks over..
Almost makes you want to break out in song.. "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day!!"
he Yowls in a deep baritone howl.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"A new life," David said, more to himself than anything as they walked toward the fort. "A new house, more new friends than I've ever had - even Foxes," he added with a grin to Selene. "Quite a day, isn't it?"
"yes" Selene smiled back "I too would never have expected to meet so many friends like this , just on the first day as well"
Keeshah wrote: Lucky looks over..
Almost makes you want to break out in song.. "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day!!"
he Yowls in a deep baritone howl.
"yes that would be a nice fitting song" she giggled
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"I've got a very odd feeling," David added, half singing, half talking, as they headed for the fort. "Everything's going my way."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote: "yes that would be a nice fitting song" she giggled
As long as it doesn't change to "Flirting with disaster"
Lucky yelps..
As he goes THUMP. on the over side of the split rail fence he was climbing over..
Oof.. I think that top rail is a bit loose..

Meanwhile, Rav and Dustin have returned home, Since Dustin is still insistent on Rav getting to his training class on time.
Rav pops into the house..
Hey Blood you good to go out yet?
Or are we going to have to stay here, an darn, miss getting to that fighting class?
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"oh goodness" Selene exclaimed "Are you alright ?"
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon chuckled to himself and reached out a hand to help the fox up, "You alright?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Are you okay Lucky?" Kayla asked, helping the fox up.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Keeshah wrote:
D-Singer wrote: Blood arched his back and shifted around where he was sitting. The rubbing was really serving to help loosen up some really sore muscles, though maybe a tad uncomfortable.

Some pets need to be kept on a short leash, but I'm quite sure that your not one of those type of pets that needs to be.

Rav and Dustin have returned home, Since Dustin is still insistent on Rav getting to his training class on time.
Rav pops into the house..
Hey Blood you good to go out yet?
Or are we going to have to stay here, an darn, miss getting to that fighting class?
Blood brought his knees up to his chest and crossed his arms over them.
"At least you and Dustin don't think that."
Blood thought that sentence alone was self-explanatory. Of course his best friend, Rav, and even Sara didn't think he was some kind of dangerous dog, despite being the way that he was. But that didn't excuse a hundred other past people's opinions of quite the opposite.
"Some people just look at me, see the scars, and assume I'm out to cause trouble."

Dustin put his hand on top of Rav's head again following right behind him.
"Nonsense! We just came here to pick up your brother!" He said cheerily.

Blood sighed through his nose. Honestly, he himself still wasn't feeling too up to it. He just wanted to sleep the day away until his mouth and guts stopped hurting completely. Still, he stood up, stretched, and yawned. He wasn't going to just leave Rav hanging there by himself. The dogs in those classes could sometimes be pretty mean, and with an idiot like Rav there, he'd be an open target...

"OKAY. Let's go."
The big dog flatly stated as he began walking towards the two.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote:"Are you okay Lucky?" Kayla asked, helping the fox up.

Lucky gets back up.. brushing himself off..
Just injuries to my pride.. as usual..
Lucky points out into the field.
There is the barn, once we all can get over this fox tripping fence..

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

D-Singer wrote:
Blood brought his knees up to his chest and crossed his arms over them.
"At least you and Dustin don't think that."

I would be wary, if i met you on the street. but now that i have gotten to know you, I know your a big cuddly softie.. Even if you don't want to show it..
D-Singer wrote:"Some people just look at me, see the scars, and assume I'm out to cause trouble."
I'd say they should look at you an think, there is a dog we shouldn't mess with.
Sara gives Blood a big snugly hug.
D-Singer wrote:Dustin put his hand on top of Rav's head again following right behind him.
"Nonsense! We just came here to pick up your brother!" He said cheerily.

"OKAY. Let's go."
The big dog flatly stated as he began walking towards the two.
Rav looks and then sniffs Blood over closely..
Are you sure? you don't smell very well at all.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Blood huffed, but didn't physically resist being hugged Sara.
So it was finally obvious. He didn't hate being hugged. He just didn't like hugs from strangers (or children).

Though nobody would believe that even if they were told as much. Unfortunately for Blood, Dustin actually had pictures to prove it. Weather he had them purely for coercive purposes, or simply thought they were too cute to ignore was largely a mystery.
Apparently Dust...

How did he even get a picture of them hugging like that prior to meeting Sara and Rav in the first place??
Keeshah wrote:Rav looks and then sniffs Blood over closely..
Are you sure? you don't smell very well at all.
Blood gently grabbed Rav's nose with one paw.
"Hey..."
"I'll be fine."

He said with a slight tilt of his head before continuing on outside.

"Coming Sara?"
Dustin asked as he watch Blood and Rav make their way outside.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"So what's so troublesome about the fence," David asked.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I think it's because he tripped over it." Kayla told David as she carefully climbed over the fence.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote:"I think it's because he tripped over it." Kayla told David as she carefully climbed over the fence.

Lucky turns around, an around, an around, as if he was chasing his tail..
Awww I think i landed on a Cactus!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

D-Singer wrote:Blood huffed, but didn't physically resist being hugged Sara.
So it was finally obvious. He didn't hate being hugged. He just didn't like hugs from strangers (or children).
Sara scratches in behind his ears, before wondering off into the next room.
D-Singer wrote:Blood gently grabbed Rav's nose with one paw.
"Hey..."
"I'll be fine."

He said with a slight tilt of his head before continuing on outside.

"Coming Sara?"
Dustin asked as he watch Blood and Rav make their way outside.
Coming..Sara calls from the other room..
I'm just getting their leashes..
What?!! I'm not wearing no leash! Is this training place on the old side of town?
An why are you wanting to come along anyways?

Sara comes into the room, caring the leashes.
I need to go along to learn how to properly handle dogs like you two. So you don't get all out of control and into trouble again.
Rav stands still looking stunned for a few seconds..
Whaaaaat!??
Staring at his owner..
I haven't been running amuck, or out of control! I have been a most proper pet!
Sounds like your back-talking and refusing to obey right now, Rav.
No I'm... Ahh Not.. I'm Umm
Looking over to Dustin, laying back his ears....
..Carp!.. (sigh)
Stepping up and presenting himself to be leashed.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Blood wasn't any more inclined than Rav was to wear a leash, but still feeling the way he did, he wasn't in the mood for arguing. There also wouldn't be much fairness in leashing Rav and not him too.
Dustin hooked the carabiner on the end of his leash to a small, flattened loop on the back of his collar, and they all walked outside to the car.

---one car ride later---

The pamphlet on the training course said the first day "Orientation" was at the local training center.
Since officially signing Rav up, Sara received a detailed guide on the training, as well as a bunch of additional information covering everything from legal guidelines concerning service dogs, to potential employment for qualified pets.

And of course a myriad of pet-related advertisements too...

As far as orientation went, it was little more than a gathering of all the participants, where everyone can get to know each other, the trainers get to introduce themselves, and the K9 trainers in particular give a verbal rundown of how training will be. An easy first day!

They parked out front of the Obedience center and made their way in. Inside, an attendant at the front desk directed them to the room rented out for orientation in the back of the building, and wishing Blood and Rav good luck.

Blood had personally never been inside Richardson Valley's pet school before, but he couldn't help but notice getting a number dirty looks from some of the animals already there as they through the halls.

Upon finally reaching the room, the group found a gathering of about 20 more dogs along with their owners scattered about. The owners for the most part talking amongst themselves, and the mix of dogs all over the place, either being introduced and compared to each other, or excitedly having their own conversations.

Rav and Blood seemed to be the only two on leash still...

"Guess we're a little early."
Despite all the commotion, Blood looked almost completely uninterested, which his owner quickly picked up on.
"C'mon Blood! Take Rav and go make some new friends!"
Last edited by D-Singer on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: They parked out front of the Obedience center and made their way in. Inside, an attendant at the front desk directed them to the room rented out for orientation in the back of the building, and wishing Blood and Rav good luck.

Blood had personally never been inside Richardson Valley's pet school before, but he couldn't help but notice getting a number dirty looks from some of the animals already there as they through the halls.

Rav encountered several of his former retainers at the center.
Who just "had" to teach Sara how to get him to kneel down into the "position of respect" to appease them.
Oh that is wonderful, I didn't know he would do that!
#$@#@! *&$%#!! Rav mutters under his breath

He also noticed the looks that Blood was getting, an figured it was coming from Blood not having to bow an show his obedience and submissiveness to his human masters, as several of the other pets were having to do as Rav had.
Or maybe they are just scenting his coy-dog musk.
I sure hope i get to go at some of my former trainers in a bite-suit.
he whispers to Blood.
D-Singer wrote:Upon finally reaching the room, the group found a gathering of about 20 more dogs along with their owners scattered about. The owners for the most part talking amongst themselves, and the mix of dogs all over the place, either being introduced and compared to each other, or excitedly having their own conversations.

Rav and Blood seemed to be the only two on leash still...

"Guess we're a little early."
Despite all the commotion, Blood didn't completely uninterested, which his owner quickly picked up on.
"C'mon Blood! Take Rav and go make some new friends!"

Rav eyed the other dogs in the room, taking advantage of still being on the leash.
Acting like it was the only thing keeping him from going after the others in the room..
Grinning evilly at the others, showing a bit of tooth..

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Meanwhile, Lucky managed to limp the rest of the way to the barn, and slip inside..
Something smells good in here, somewhere..
Sniffing around to find the source of the scent..
Last edited by Keeshah on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

hypernovatic wrote:"I think it's because he tripped over it." Kayla told David as she carefully climbed over the fence.
"well maybe these fences really are made to trip foxes" Selene giggled , looking at David "hey maybe that will make your future job a little easier"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"That," David agreed, pointing a finger, "is entirely true." He stepped towards the fence. "For tonight, hoiwever, would you like me to lift you over? Thwart the fence for the evening?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Placing his paws on the fence he lifted himself off the ground and swung himself over the fence. He turned to watch a few home grown fireworks explode in the sky, waiting for everyone else to get to the other side of the fence.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Rosal was almost lost in the distant, colorful explosions. He shook his head and looked to the fence where Yukon already climbed over. Rosal stretched, seeing as the others were busy chatting and having not practiced in a few days, he wanted to have some fun. He lightly jogged towards the fence before jumping next to it and grabbing the top of the fence, pulling himself into a handstand, he lightly pushed off the top, and landed on the other side.

He sighed with a smile on his face, "Perfect height."
Argent

Post by Argent »

A flash of russet in the twisted trees and a big weasel lands... with a bit of a clumsy thud, it must be admitted... on the far side of the fence.

"Hi guys what's happening I got through my round early 'cos Mark that's my boss he's kinda lazy and wanted to quit early for the fireworks."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"That is true." Kayla agreed with Selene, giggling. She applauded Rosal when he got over the fence. "That was cool."
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon looked around and found a stick. With it and his collar he made a number 10 and held it up for Rosal to see before slipping his collar back on.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Welsh Halfwit wrote:"That," David agreed, pointing a finger, "is entirely true." He stepped towards the fence. "For tonight, hoiwever, would you like me to lift you over? Thwart the fence for the evening?"
"why that would be lovely , thank you" Selene replied
Argent wrote:A flash of russet in the twisted trees and a big weasel lands... with a bit of a clumsy thud, it must be admitted... on the far side of the fence.

"Hi guys what's happening I got through my round early 'cos Mark that's my boss he's kinda lazy and wanted to quit early for the fireworks."
"See ? I told you we'll meet again , glad to see you here Sixtoes"
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Hey, welcome back to the group Sixtoes, good of you to come watch the fireworks with us." He smiles and looks to the side as another firework explodes
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

David carefully put his handpaws on either side of Selene's waist and, with no real effort, lifted her over the fence to the other side before releasing. Then he put a paw on the nearest post and hopped the fence with some little to re-join the Vixen. He gave her a smile and offered his arm again.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

"They ain't letting animals into the restaurant for the fireworks it's humans-only which is kinda silly for a zoo but there's some kind of law about it 'cos they're serving food or something. So where are we going?"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Deske

Post by Deske »

Yukon shrugged, "Some fort or barn or something. It's actually just over there." He jabs a thumb in the direction of the barn.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Keeshah wrote:Meanwhile, Lucky managed to limp the rest of the way to the barn, and slip inside..
Something smells good in here, somewhere..
Sniffing around to find the source of the scent..
"Maybe because of the cattle in here." Kayla said from behind Lucky, gesturing to the livestock inside the barn.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

hypernovatic wrote: "Maybe because of the cattle in here." Kayla said from behind Lucky, gesturing to the livestock inside the barn.
I don't think there are cattle in here, unless someone has them roasting over an open fire...
this is an old, work horse barn.. See the stalls over on that side, and the wagons and plows were stored on this side.

Lucky pokes his head back out of the barn door.
hey there you all! Herd on in here, like a bunch of hoofers!
WwhhIIiinneeeee!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

with a smile , Selene accepted David's arm , as they followed their fellow fox friends , until she heard Lucky

"hoofers ?"