HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Yeah, you'll be fine, Albert. Yer no' a stray no more an' yer clearly a pet wiv yer scarf. Plus yer've got us ta vouch fer ya. An' I fink dat guy's wiv Mitch. If 'e's part o' th' tribe den we'll 'ave no problems." the spaniel encourages confidently.
Meeko sat there puzzled, the most he could put together is that Mitch must be someone important and that there must be a tribe of Red Pandas out there too. "Well then it's sounds like we'll have no problems." He slouched back into the seat, letting himself relax, it was a weird feeling to be over full. He had the harmonica still in his paw, and was still going back and forth over whether or not to play it.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Last post for here before I leave. See y'all!

Mitch beamed and bowed his head. He then set his copy down on the first dance step page.

"All right, now, we do this..." he said, starting with the dance lesson, mimicking what was on the page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues waited outside the Leone's house patiently tied to a chariot. He was going to be paid, of course. The idea simply intrigued him. If they didn't come out soon though, they might be a little late.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you sir, now I simply have to go convince my wife," he said, heading out to the living room.

"Time to go!" he said, looking at Nora. Nora patted her two new relatives on the back.

"Behave you two," she said with a grin. They then left the house in the bear chariot, speeding their way towards the vet. The rest of the pandas left as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael looked up from his drink towards the table at the sound of Mitch's name. Still though, whatever connection they had, it would be hard pressed for them to convince him to NOT do his job. And he wasn't about a little connection to let him do that.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I didn't have anything planned," Jess answered. "And what could be more important than helping a new friend?" she wagged a bit as she ended that question.
Bowser was about to respond with a list of about twenty or so obscure procedures he could think of, just off the top of his head, before remembering that they didn't really apply to him anymore. Leaving him looking as if he has something to say, but not actually saying anything. After an awkward minute or so of trying to think of an example that doesn't come from a procedural manual, he mutters something about strange questions without answers, before settling on just saying "Thank you, Miss Jessica." His attention still at least partially on his food all the while.
"You're welcome," Jess replied. "Hey, mind if I introduce you to my other friends?" She asked, indicating to the other group of pets.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. Well,one thing is for sure. You'll both be better dancers than me." Scotty jokes dryly. "When exactly is the wedding, Val?" As his tablet talks, the cat wheels himself back a half yard and grabs a tissue from the box on the coffee table behind him. After returning to Val and Bel he blows his nose while waiting for the answer and then looks around for a bin.
"Oh, and I don't know if I'll be on my own two paws at the wedding or not. I never stand on ceremony." This time the feline can't resist a giggle.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"You're welcome," Jess replied. "Hey, mind if I introduce you to my other friends?" She asked, indicating to the other group of pets.
Bowser paused for a moment, thinking. Before stating "I don't see any harm in a few introductions." in his typical neutral tone.

Setting his sandwich down on his plate before picking up the whole thing, he stood, motioning for Jessica to lead the way.

Now that he's standing the size difference between the two is probably a lot more noticeable, especially since any Malinois would have a good 10-15cm on an elkhound anyway and he's oversized, so he's trying his best to avoid looking intimidating. Whether he's actually succeeding or not though isn't for me to say.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. Well,one thing is for sure. You'll both be better dancers than me." Scotty jokes dryly. "When exactly is the wedding, Val?" As his tablet talks, the cat wheels himself back a half yard and grabs a tissue from the box on the coffee table behind him. After returning to Val and Bel he blows his nose while waiting for the answer and then looks around for a bin.
"Oh, and I don't know if I'll be on my own two paws at the wedding or not. I never stand on ceremony." This time the feline can't resist a giggle.
"That depends on many factors, one of them having something ready your size, training, all the new sensations after all this time spent like this, *but*..." He gently extended his metallic hand, in a gesture as if inviting the cat to dance. "Care to give it a try?" he nodded, as if to encourage the feline. "Trust me."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote: Bowser paused for a moment, thinking. Before stating "I don't see any harm in a few introductions." in his typical neutral tone.

Setting his sandwich down on his plate before picking up the whole thing, he stood, motioning for Jessica to lead the way.

Now that he's standing the size difference between the two is probably a lot more noticeable, especially since any Malinois would have a good 10-15cm on an elkhound anyway and he's oversized, so he's trying his best to avoid looking intimidating. Whether he's actually succeeding or not though isn't for me to say.
and so Jess lead Bowser to the other pets.
"I hope I'm not interrupting," she said, "but Bowser's new here and wanted to meet some other pets."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Nah, not at all! I'm Chris! Pleased ta meetcha!" Chris offers a paw for a shake. "Please do feel free to join us. An' bring yer lunch too."

--------------------
valerio wrote:"That depends on many factors, one of them having something ready your size, training, all the new sensations after all this time spent like this, *but*..." He gently extended his metallic hand, in a gesture as if inviting the cat to dance. "Care to give it a try?" he nodded, as if to encourage the feline. "Trust me."
Scotty nods and smiles. "I trust you." he types before taking the dog's metallic paw in his fleshy one, wondering what Valiant has planned.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty nods and smiles. "I trust you." he types before taking the dog's metallic paw in his fleshy one, wondering what Valiant has planned.
Valiant then bent over...and his other arm grabbed Scotty by the waist! The Italian wolfdog easily pulled up the cat and maneuvered so that they looked as if they were about to dance. "It will be like this," he said, starting to move to an imaginary waltz, carrying Scotty so that he wasn't dragging the cat, but rather treating him as an extension of himself. "There won't be anything else in the world but you and your special one. Perhaps it will be a little clumsy, but you won't even be paying attention, for that will be a moment of celebration in a day of celebration. Your new life is awaiting, and I'm proud that you are going to open yourself to it." This said, he gave him a peck on the lips, then blushed and chuckled. "Sorry, can't go further than that. Bel is a sweetie, but also a mighty jealous wuffie."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Do you need any help?" Nicole asked Frances as she watched Moon bounce around the room.
--------
Matatabi had fallen asleep next to Chris. His head tilted and rested on her shoulder.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko really had to look up at the newcomer with a smile, since Chris had her paw out he didn't try and hold his out. "Well, I'm Meeko, nice to meet you."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Nah, not at all! I'm Chris! Pleased ta meetcha!" Chris offers a paw for a shake. "Please do feel free to join us. An' bring yer lunch too."
Taking the offered paw in a firm handshake, "I'm Bowser. It's nice to meet you as well." he says before letting go, and looking for a spot to sit down. After a moment he settles on an empty chair next to Meeko. "Is this spot taken?"
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Welcome to the table. I don't believe the seat is taken, go ahead." Blay said invitingly. "We've got so many people here we should start a club." He said with a laugh.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will gave a small laugh at the joke as he takes another drink, causing him to cough lightly as it goes down a bit too quickly. After getting himself under control, he asks, "Wh-what would we call it, though?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The cat's legs and tail dangle limply underneath him, swaying slightly as Valiant swings Scotty around. Grinning, Scotty shifts his free paw so it's around Val's neck as though the two are actually a couple. He can't talk or type like this but he doesn't care. He loved to dance before the accident and he's thoroughly enjoying being able to do it again.

He's snapped out of his reverie by the kiss which takes him completely by surprise. He hadn't been paying much attention to what Val had been saying, rather he'd been letting himself enjoy the moment. He's confused and taken aback, especially as he hadn't heard the monologue immediately prior to the kiss. He stares at Val, shocked, unable to communicate his thoughts to the dog beyond the stunned look plastered across his face. His mouth moves and someone listening very closely may just be able to discern the stunned but voiceless words "I-I-I-" nearly completely overshadowed by the hiss of the breath escaping from his mouth.

--------------------
Frances stares at the table, slightly confused. "Yes, thanks. Something's not quite right with this setting. What have I done wrong?" she asks before noticing Scotty and Val dancing. Immediately she pulls her phone from her handbag and begins recording the scene, suppressing a giggle at the kiss, not wanting to disturb the pair.

--------------------
Chris considers performing a trick to impress the big dog but quickly dismisses the idea as she doesn't want to disturb the cat sleeping on her shoulder.
"Phwoah!" she exclaims as she reclaims her paw after the shake. "You've a strong grip. Clearly you've 'ad trainin'. Are you a copper or somefink?" she queries, not realising the insensitivity of the question.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:The cat's legs and tail dangle limply underneath him, swaying slightly as Valiant swings Scotty around. Grinning, Scotty shifts his free paw so it's around Val's neck as though the two are actually a couple. He can't talk or type like this but he doesn't care. He loved to dance before the accident and he's thoroughly enjoying being able to do it again.
He's snapped out of his reverie by the kiss which takes him completely by surprise. He hadn't been paying much attention to what Val had been saying, rather he'd been letting himself enjoy the moment. He's confused and taken aback, especially as he hadn't heard the monologue immediately prior to the kiss. He stares at Val, shocked, unable to communicate his thoughts to the dog beyond the stunned look plastered across his face. His mouth moves and someone listening very closely may just be able to discern the stunned but voiceless words "I-I-I-" nearly completely overshadowed by the hiss of the breath escaping from his mouth.

Frances stares at the table, slightly confused. "Yes, thanks. Something's not quite right with this setting. What have I done wrong?" she asks before noticing Scotty and Val dancing. Immediately she pulls her phone from her handbag and begins recording the scene, suppressing a giggle at the kiss, not wanting to disturb the pair.
Valiant stopped. "Forgive me, I didn'twant to...startle you. It's just that you are cute, and even more so when standing. Those new legs will make you look awesome. But...well, you look like you were truly lost in the moment." He helped Scotty down onto the chair. "I guess you liked to waltz, eh? I can tell from the way you followed my movements."

Cinzia had to suppress a chuckle at the sight of the cat and the dog. Poor Scotty didn't need to feel as if someone was mocking him. Not to mention that even the wolves weren't chuckling as well..
The old woman patted Frances on te back. "You are doing it right, dear. Let's just put the rest of the food on the table. Manners or not, hunger can be held at bay for just so long."
Last edited by valerio on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Chris's question is answered with an uncomfortable silence and an inability to make eye contact. Bowser's former career still somewhat of a fresh wound, so to speak.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko let out a little chuckle himself, "Does this normally happen, a lot of newcomers coming in around the same time?" He looked over at Bowser, he still had to look up at him to even try and make any sort of contact directed with him, even though he seemed like he didn't want the attention. "Hey, whatever the matter is, we don't mean to cause any problems."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Nicole grinned as she watched Val and Scotty's scene. Moon saw the kiss and giggled at Scotty's expression, bouncing up and down next to the cat.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hlaoroo wrote:Chris considers performing a trick to impress the big dog but quickly dismisses the idea as she doesn't want to disturb the cat sleeping on her shoulder.
"Phwoah!" she exclaims as she reclaims her paw after the shake. "You've a strong grip. Clearly you've 'ad trainin'. Are you a copper or somefink?" she queries, not realising the insensitivity of the question.
Buster wrote:Chris's question is answered with an uncomfortable silence and an inability to make eye contact. Bowser's former career still somewhat of a fresh wound, so to speak.
"That's... actually a bit of a sore spot for him," Jess explained.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"That's u-understandable." Will gave a small nod, an almost haunted look in his eye. "Everyone h-has something th-they'd rather n-not talk a-about."
He looked lost in thought for a few moments, before shaking his head, his eyes back to their normal, timid look. Looking back at Bowser, he realized he hadn't said his own name yet. "Oh, u-um, I'm Will, by the w-way"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"There have been recent... changes, I am still getting used to. Perhaps once things settle down." Bowser answered finally, his voice off slightly from where it had been. His attention seems to be drawn to Will though, It's faint but a mixture of intrigue and concern at will's demeanor may be showing to the more perceptive in the group.

Past trauma, either poorly treated or untreated? An abuse victim perhaps? I should keep an eye on him. Make sure it's not a current problem. He thought to himself.

"It is nice to meet you, Will."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean ta be insensitive, like." Chris responds, dropping her eyes and drooping her tail, clear signs of apology and submission in dogs. "I hope fings settle down fer ya soon. An' if I can 'elp in any way, please do ask."

--------------------
Scotty giggles. "Sorry, just took me by surprise, that's all." he types once he's settled his legs and tail comfortably in the chair. "I was lost in the moment, as you said. I did like dancing before everything. All kinds of dancing. I don't think I was much good but I loved it. Never thought I'd be able to do it again either. And I didn't hear what you were saying when I was dancing, sorry. I know you said something but I don't know what. I didn't mean to be rude."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty giggles. "Sorry, just took me by surprise, that's all." he types once he's settled his legs and tail comfortably in the chair. "I was lost in the moment, as you said. I did like dancing before everything. All kinds of dancing. I don't think I was much good but I loved it. Never thought I'd be able to do it again either. And I didn't hear what you were saying when I was dancing, sorry. I know you said something but I don't know what. I didn't mean to be rude."
Val gave him a hug. "Nevermind. Now let's just go fill our bellies. Dancing makes me hungry. Any special preference?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko looked from Bowser to Chris, he didn't feel like pushing Bowser on anything since he couldn't think of anything that would bring up that past of his and the others would probably have something better to say anyways. Since Chris was being very nice to him he felt pretty bad himself when she went submissive in the way she did. With his backpack on his lap, and remembering what she said earlier, he pushed himself into her side and looked up at her with a smile.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Scotty returns the hug before picking up his tablet again.
"Hmm. My preference is a large serve." he jokes before looking at the table, sizing it up.
"Could you help me onto one of those chairs please? I think my chair will be a little low for this table too."

--------------------
Chris feels a weight on her and looks down to see the ferret smiling at her. She can't help but smile back as she feels her heart flutter and she wonder if he'll feel the flutter, as close as he is. After a moment of hesitation she slowly puts an arm around him and gives him a gentle squeeze.
"Fanks fer cheerin' me up, Meeko." she murmurs to him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty returns the hug before picking up his tablet again.
"Hmm. My preference is a large serve." he jokes before looking at the table, sizing it up.
"Could you help me onto one of those chairs please? I think my chair will be a little low for this table too."
"Then you have come to the right place...Oh, thank you Lucilla," Valiant said to the young she-wolf. She then proceeded to grab Scotty and put him onto the chair. "Stay here. Gonna give you the largest serving!" and off she went to the kitchen, coming back with big pieces of freshly baked bread dipped into Cinzia's thick sauce. "Meat and bread! Good for appetizer!"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It's understandable, You didn't know." Bowser stated, dismissing the apology as unnecessary.

"What is this place like? It's smaller than I'm used to."He asks, before starting on his sanwich again.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star leaned back, having just watched for the most part, before speaking up, "From what I've seen, nice and calm with the occasional excitement. My name's Star by the way. Overall, I'd say this is a nice place, though I've only been here like a day so I can only state so much."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko couldn't help but smile bigger with Chris pretty much hugging him, "Anytime Chris." He murmured back, "I don't smell too badly do I?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Not quite believing what she's doing, Chris turns the squeeze into a hug, her smile growing with Meeko's.
"You smell awful." she hears herself say. "But dogs love awful smells."
Suddenly she freezes as she realises what she's doing and discovers that she has no idea what to do next. She can't push Meeko away because that would mean sitting up and waking Mat but she's not sure she wants to push the ferret away either. She's freaking out about what the ferret might say to her statement and doesn't know what more to say or how to react. Blushing, she begins stammering, but holds her position.
"I... I... I mean... I..."

--------------------
Scotty is taken by surprise as the wolf grabs him but he allows her to seat him safely at the table.
"Could you push my chair in so I can reach properly please, Val?" he asks while the wolf is in the kitchen before sniffing at the plate as she returns.
"Ooh, that looks and smells fantastic! I should wait for the others though. It would be rude of me to sit and eat by myself."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty is taken by surprise as the wolf grabs him but he allows her to seat him safely at the table.
"Could you push my chair in so I can reach properly please, Val?" he asks while the wolf is in the kitchen before sniffing at the plate as she returns.
"Ooh, that looks and smells fantastic! I should wait for the others though. It would be rude of me to sit and eat by myself."
While Valiant pushed Scotty's chair closer to the table, Cinzia put the first meat-and-potato 'cake' onto the table and started cutting big slice. To the cat, she said, "Don't worry, this is not a formal dinner. Just go for it before the wolves eat everything. Come on in, Frances dear, bring the rest of the food." She started serving plates to her guests, and had just the time to stretch out her hand before the plate got snatched and the sound of jaws working filled the air
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko just looked at Chris, taking the statement as a friendly joke until she started stammering. He himself didn't know how to take it, maybe a joke, maybe something calming... Whoa, you just met her... Maybe, there always is the possibility, No, it's only cause she offered you a home... He realized that he was looking into Chris's eyes the whole time, now all he could do was hope no one else was watching or at least distracted enough by Bowser to not notice this. Then he realized he still had said nothing, "Maybe then I can skip that bath." He was still smiling to comfort, and he joked to help Chris get out of the situation, but all he could think... Stupid idiot.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

There's a low chuckle from his other side, and a rare smile from a certain canine.
Looks like Meko's out of luck, as at least one of the table's current occupants is in the habit of keeping an eye on everything.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay turned to his side, and coughed due to the awkward moment. "So, Bowser, do you have any hobbies?" He asked trying to do something with himself.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I usually spend my down-time looking for and cataloging unfamiliar scents." Bowser answered, his tone implying he would have thought everyone did that with their free time...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"All right, now," Mitch said, swinging Rikki around, and turning a page in the book, "The next few moves are, well, rather naughty. And while we COULD do them, we don't have to if you don't want to, tiang."

Michael sipped on what was left of his drink. Not minding the games or the chatter from the table. He kept his eyes fixated on his prey every now and then. Waiting for the right moment to spring the trap.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"All right, now," Mitch said, swinging Rikki around, and turning a page in the book, "The next few moves are, well, rather naughty. And while we COULD do them, we don't have to if you don't want to, tiang."
"Go for it, lady!" Octavianus said, pumping his arm, his other paw busy holding a big serving of lasagna dish. "Put up a nice show! Woo!"
Rikki felt like wanting to hide inside the couch. As a cushion. Forever. What about trying in the backyard, instead?" she said, starting to turn the color of wine
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch spun her back around the other way, lifting one paw, leaning her over backwards a bit, holding that pose for a moment, then returned to standing in an embrace.

"Darned wolf ears should mind their own business," Mitch said, "Still, the backyard? And not in the comfort of your own room? With a closed door and window shades? Outside, in the view of everybody? And visible through the windows? Are you suuuure you know what you said? By the way, you look adorable. "

A set of keen eyes followed the wolf's actions. Waited until the plate of food was steady and set down so as not to disturb it, and fired.

*ka-chunk*

The resulting sting felt much like a bad, itchy, otherwise harmless fire ant bite! The shot came from a red panda in a green hood. He had a yellow insignia rank on his.

"Anxiety, is an enemy to pregnancy," a voice of another hooded red panda in a green hood, this one from behind the wolf, said, "And in this special time of a couple getting used to each other would be appreciated if they were left alone and not bothered, thank you. Please don't have me make my marksman fire again. He is a very good shot and loves pranks." This red panda had a blue insignia on his hood. This one turned and bowed to Elio.

"Right Arm Royal Guard Captain Danistello, at your service," he said with a sweeping bow as an introduction. The hoods the red pandas wore was made sure to cover their faces. After bowing, Danistello lifted one half and winked at Elio before placing it back down. The hood was part of a matching poncho like garb as well. Which was equally green. With burgundy colored sleeve wrists.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I love you too, more than...well, more than anyone else precious in my life. And I don't say that often. My prince."
Last edited by valerio on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.