HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

MrNeonShot

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by MrNeonShot »

Winni snapped her fingers and exited the room, waving to Will as she went.

Wiggins heard Blay walking back down and tried to stretch himself further so he wouldn't see Chris.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch nodded and stepped aside. After doing so he hollered up.

"FAST WOLFDOG COMING UP!" He said, giving everyone a warning hopefully before Valiant rushed out.

"After you Val," he said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The dog cop didn't even care to greet one last time. In a moment, he climbed up the stair and was out for good.
"I guess he forgot to say that he'll be back with his pack...By the way, what will you do now? There's a lot to clean up after this mess, and perhaps you'll be needing the pack's help. If they are strong as they look, they'll turn out precious."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Frances considers this for a brief moment.
"I promise never to share them without your permission." She's a little disappointed that her idea for a recipe book will not come to fruition but quickly shrugs it off in order to revel in the triumph of her first ever properly prepared meal. She can't wait to see how Scotty will react when he learns the news so she picks up the tray of bruschetta and
valerio wrote:"And does this thing say also how to build an airplane? I can't wait to fly all over the world!"
Scotty thinks for a moment and then wobbles his paw in an "unsure" gesture before signalling that he'd like the tablet back.

"Lunch is served." announces Frances, entering the room with Cinzia and putting her tray on the table.
"Made it myself!" she winks at Scotty. The cat does a double take, looking shocked, before shaking his head vigorously and waving his paws in a "No way!" gesture making Frances giggle. The cat shakes his head again and points accusingly at Cinzia.
"Well, Cinzia did help. I couldn't have done it without her. I did most of the work though." Frances explains proudly. Scotty, still disbelieving, shakes his head more slowly this time before casting a questioning look at Cinzia, tilting his head slightly.

--------------------
Chris notes the rabbit's action and resolves to thank him for it later, and maybe to cut him a break later in the game. Making herself as small as she can, she waits, holding her breath as the cat descends the stairs.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances considers this for a brief moment.
"I promise never to share them without your permission." She's a little disappointed that her idea for a recipe book will not come to fruition but quickly shrugs it off in order to revel in the triumph of her first ever properly prepared meal. She can't wait to see how Scotty will react when he learns the news so she picks up the tray of bruschetta and
valerio wrote:"And does this thing say also how to build an airplane? I can't wait to fly all over the world!"
Scotty thinks for a moment and then wobbles his paw in an "unsure" gesture before signalling that he'd like the tablet back.

"Lunch is served." announces Frances, entering the room with Cinzia and putting her tray on the table.
"Made it myself!" she winks at Scotty. The catdoues a double take, looking shocked, before shaking his head vigorously and waving his paws in a "No way!" gesture making Frances giggle. The cat shakes his head again and points accusingly at Cinzia.
"Well, Cinzia did help. I couldn't have done it without her. I did most of the work though." Frances explains proudly. Scotty, still disbelieving, shakes his head more slowly this time before casting a questioning look at Cinzia, tilting his head slightly.
Cinzia nodded to Scotty. "It's true, dear. Frances followed my instructions and made all of this by herself. So enjoy it while it's still warm. Your mom holds many promises."
Belisarius motioned to Frances in the direction of the alpha couple. "First serve the leaders. Protocol. Rank."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"You mean OTHER than clean up? I just hope ALL our food didn't get poisoned. Let's go up," Mitch said, waiting on Rikki.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"You mean OTHER than clean up? I just hope ALL our food didn't get poisoned. Let's go up," Mitch said, waiting on Rikki.
"Well, I didn't mention it but it goes without saying that everything edible that has been exposed to the gas is by now irrimediably tainted. Garments, tools, anything you can wash can be salvaged, though, but you'll have to use bowls and the water must be stocked in special canisters. And if I know damage control, they'll be there already with what you need. Including gloves, you can't risk exposing your fur to the gas residuals."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will looks sheepish as Winni leaves the room, and silently mouths 'Sorry' to her as she waves.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Winni mouthed back Don't worry about it, sweety.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Which reminds me, I hope our stores aren't too badly gone," Mitch said, heading out of the palace towards the smoke house, "Rice gets boring after a while." Others were out and about checking on things. Guards were relaying orders to people about where to take their stuff for clean up and inspection. There was a slightly sour mood in the village.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Which reminds me, I hope our stores aren't too badly gone," Mitch said, heading out of the palace towards the smoke house, "Rice gets boring after a while." Others were out and about checking on things. Guards were relaying orders to people about where to take their stuff for clean up and inspection. There was a slightly sour mood in the village.
A human in a fireman uniform was talking with the royal couple. "Sir, you need to get rid of every piece of edible material. You just give us a full list of what you need, and we'll have it ready for you. Same for firewood, you cannot risk spilling more polluting chemicals through smoke. We'll also provide canisters of clean water to wash your clothes, tools, anything."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Provided, the fireman is talking to Mitch and Rikki.

"Oh lovely," Benjamin said, scratching his head, "Underground and sealed stores should be fine though right?"

Mitch shook his head.

"Ugh, rice, bleh," he said sticking out his tongue.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:ooc: Provided, the fireman is talking to Mitch and Rikki.
"Oh lovely," Benjamin said, scratching his head, "Underground and sealed stores should be fine though right?"
Mitch shook his head.
"Ugh, rice, bleh," he said sticking out his tongue.
The fireman nodded. Curiosly enough, the nameplate on his jacket read MITCH. As long as they were perfectly sealed, Sir, that won't pose a problem, but we need to inspect them for potential traces of chemicals. To stay on the safe side, though, we'll be more than happy to replace the contents of those stores."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Nodding, Frances offers her platter to the indicated wolves, apprehensively bracing herself for another furpile. Scotty watches from his chair, feeling nervous for his owner and waiting eagerly and also somewhat nervously to see the reaction to his owner's cooking.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi decided that he was hid well enough so that he could take a nap. He curled into a ball and dozed off to sleep.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Nodding, Frances offers her platter to the indicated wolves, apprehensively bracing herself for another furpile. Scotty watches from his chair, feeling nervous for his owner and waiting eagerly and also somewhat nervously to see the reaction to his owner's cooking.
This time, instead, Cesar and his mate picked up each a pawful of pasta and meat, sniffed it cautiosly, and ate it, at first munching slowly, then gulping down. "Reminds me of funny entrails," Amadora said. "But it tastes good. Thank you for this gift of food, human Frances. You may pass it to Titus and Antonius now." She indicated the wolves with a nod of her head.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay returned to the living room and looked around again. He decided to look around the couch; the one place he didn't check last-time. Upon getting a closer look, he noticed what appeared to be white fur just sticking out from behind the couch. Blay smiled a little, and approached the couch slowly.

((That is assuming Wiggins' spread himself out that much, sorry if not. Also, HI! I'm back. Sorry for being gone for the last 2-3 days I think it is. The last few days have been busy for me. Sorry. Also, sorry if I was meant to put that in the OC page. Sorry. Kind of in a hurry, Sorry.))
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The white fur slowly breathes in and out, waiting to be called or tagged.

Winni sat on the couch to wait for the others.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Chris huddles, using all her skill as a magician and actress to stay still and quiet as she waits for Blay to spot her and Wiggins.

--------------------
Frances smiles broadly. "I'm glad you like it." She offers the tray to the next wolves as indicated by the alphas, mouthing "HA!" to Scotty as she goes. The cat rolls his eyes back at her, thinking that dogs will eat anything but unable to communicate this thought over the distance or without offending the company.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi purred in his sleep. You could clearly hear it from downstairs.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Frances smiles broadly. "I'm glad you like it." She offers the tray to the next wolves as indicated by the alphas, mouthing "HA!" to Scotty as she goes. The cat rolls his eyes back at her, thinking that dogs will eat anything but unable to communicate this thought over the distance or without offending the company.
One by one, carefully leaving enough for the next wolf, the whole pack ate the pasta and the meat-covered toasted bread. Belisarius came last for both dishes, but he didn't seem to complain, though he *did* lick the recipients clean.
The door almost slammed open, then, and Valiant came running in, regardless of etiquette, and went kissing and hugging his beloved wolf without hesitation. The couple spent a couple of minutes adding just cuddles and whines to relieve from that forced separation.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Benjamin shook his head and sighed.

"That's a lot of food," He said, "Cause not only is our meat house probably tainted, but two underground floors of at least a hundred pounds of emergency food would have to be replaced. Is there no way to save any of it?"

"Oh come on, surely we could stand to use SOME new food," Mitch said. Benjamin shot a glare at him.

"Some of us LIKE fried rice thank you very much sugar freak," he said. Mitch just rolled his eyes. Benjamin threw up his hands.

"Honestly are all you Mitch's like this or just mine?" He asked the fireman.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Benjamin shook his head and sighed.
"That's a lot of food," He said, "Cause not only is our meat house probably tainted, but two underground floors of at least a hundred pounds of emergency food would have to be replaced. Is there no way to save any of it?"
"Oh come on, surely we could stand to use SOME new food," Mitch said. Benjamin shot a glare at him.
"Some of us LIKE fried rice thank you very much sugar freak," he said. Mitch just rolled his eyes. Benjamin threw up his hands.
"Honestly are all you Mitch's like this or just mine?" He asked the fireman.
The human scratched his head, unsure of what to make of that question. "Uh, I like rice, Sir. But no, you don't have to worry. The State will provide a replacement for the food, since we are talking about strategic reserves for a legally recognized population. Admittedly, we couldn't, for example, shop groceries on your account, as that would be left to the citizens' goodwill but, again, you are eligible to own your strategic stocks. So please just make a list of what you need and come a week we'll have everything ready. In the meantime, we'll ask the local families to help you out with your basic necessities. Will that do, Sir?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Frances follows the guidance from the wolves, making sure they're all fed in the correct order. She's heading back for the kitchen when the empty tray is nearly knocked from her arms by the rushing wolfdog.
"Wow. Hello to you too, Valiant!" Scotty giggles in his silent manner and finds himself thinking that the two do make a cute couple. He can't say anything though as his tablet still dangles on its strap from Belisarius' arm, so he just sends the two a contented smile.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Eventually, Valiant took notice of the new cat and his Mom. He separated from Bel and made a half bow. "U-hm..." he stammered. "Sorry for the show. I think. I...we were sort of s-separated for some time and then now again with this gas problem, but p-perhaps you know already...heh"
Elio went and hugged his son. "Now, now. You just relax. Pull off that jacket and be my pup again, ok?"
That made Val blush even harder and Belisarius giggle. "Da-ad.."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Benjamin sighed.

"Now the pandas would be an easy sell. However, do you think the community here would be so keen on supporting a small pack of wolves as well?" Benjamin said. Meanwhile, Mitch took his lover's paw and attempted to sneak out while his Dad was hopefully distracted.

"And don't even THINK about going anywhere yet," Benjamin said to him. Mitch rolled his eyes again and stayed put.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Benjamin sighed.
"Now the pandas would be an easy sell. However, do you think the community here would be so keen on supporting a small pack of wolves as well?" Benjamin said. Meanwhile, Mitch took his lover's paw and attempted to sneak out while his Dad was hopefully distracted.
"And don't even THINK about going anywhere yet," Benjamin said to him. Mitch rolled his eyes again and stayed put.
Mitch (the fireman) nodded. "Well, if they are part of your own village, and after they have registered their presence to the Wildlife Center, then they will benefit of the same treatment. I guess we're talking of the 11-wolfpack we just evacuated to the Leones', right?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Since they've just got here, they haven't had time to register yet. Should we have them do that now?" Benjamin asked. Nora seemed just a little twitchy and nervous. Mitch immediately went to his mother.

"You all right?" He asked tentatively. She nodded.

"Y-yes. Just nervous. And, and wishing we'd scheduled that vet appointment sooner," she said, "But we are all right. I didn't inhale any of the gas after all."
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Since they've just got here, they haven't had time to register yet. Should we have them do that now?" Benjamin asked. Nora seemed just a little twitchy and nervous. Mitch immediately went to his mother.
"You all right?" He asked tentatively. She nodded.
"Y-yes. Just nervous. And, and wishing we'd scheduled that vet appointment sooner," she said, "But we are all right. I didn't inhale any of the gas after all."
"We will provide to that ourselves, Sir. As of now, one of our officers is there to keep a watch on them, he will be producing the papers soon. Will you be needing anything else before we send relief?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Not especially. One more thing on cleanup. What about the homes and the water sources? Will the homes need to be scrubbed as well? Or should we leave that to your thinking? And about the water? Is it still safe and..." Benjamin was then stopped abruptly.

"DEAR! Let our friends do their job, and stop worrying," Nora said to him. Benjamin looked down.

"Sorry, but about the homes and water?" He finished. Nora shook her head and sighed. Mitch simply held onto Rikki's paw and snugged up to her side.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Not especially. One more thing on cleanup. What about the homes and the water sources? Will the homes need to be scrubbed as well? Or should we leave that to your thinking? And about the water? Is it still safe and..." Benjamin was then stopped abruptly.
"DEAR! Let our friends do their job, and stop worrying," Nora said to him. Benjamin looked down.
"Sorry, but about the homes and water?" He finished. Nora shook her head and sighed. Mitch simply held onto Rikki's paw and snugged up to her side.
Mitch (the fireman) nodded to the queen. "Ma'm, you can safely scrub your homes clean, yourselves, with rags, water and a bit of ammonia. As for the drinking water, the subterranean reservoir is still untainted, and the creek washed itself clean by now. As for the artifical lake..." the man smiled. "It's the cleanest, germ-free water you could think of. The chlorine gas desenfected it completely; it's not drinkable anymore, but you can throw a pool party and save your fur and skin from any known biocontaminant agent."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Benjamin blinked.

"But, that's one of our main water sources! What would we need to do to make it consumable again?!" Benjamin said.

"Ohhh, I don't know, how about boil and filter?" Nora said.

"Okay, one, we have to dispose of our firewood. And two the nearby southern trees will be tainted as well," Benjamin said. Nora shook her head.

"May as well get a chair hon," Nora said to the fireman.

"Please let me know if I am ever being stupid okay?" Mitch whispered to Rikki.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Benjamin blinked.
"But, that's one of our main water sources! What would we need to do to make it consumable again?!" Benjamin said.
"Ohhh, I don't know, how about boil and filter?" Nora said.
"Okay, one, we have to dispose of our firewood. And two the nearby southern trees will be tainted as well," Benjamin said. Nora shook her head.
"May as well get a chair hon," Nora said to the fireman.
"Please let me know if I am ever being stupid okay?" Mitch whispered to Rikki.
Rikki nodded to her fiancée. "Count on me, but don't be too hasty, hon. Sometimes you're too fast for reason."

Mitch (the Fireman) scratched his head, frowning. "Uhh, Sir...You were aware that with time that lake would have just evaporated away, and become undrinkable long before? Also, did nobody tell you about the underwater reservoir?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

So do I help search? 'Cause it sounds like there's a lawn mower going off upstairs.[/b] Winni said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"psst, hey," Jess whispered from the closet. "Wake up, they're gonna find you."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi didn't hear Jess and kept on sleeping, but the purring got softer.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay turned to Winni. "OH, yeah. Sure, check up there if you want." Blay said as he got really close to the couch. He touched the fur while smiling.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins turned his head to see Blay kneeling behind him.

Winni obliged and walked upstairs. All the while thinking to herself about her home, the village. Her siblings, and for some strange reason, Mitch. It's not like she had any feelings towards him... She did feel that the gas could've been her fault because she didn't report the bear sooner. As she thought, she opened Wiggin's bedroom door, not paying attention to her surroundings. She didn't notice the cat behind the partially transparent curtain, but she did check under the covers. No pets there.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star stiffened when he heard someone walk into the room and sighed when they walked past him.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Suddenly, activated by the screen of the tablet rubbing on Belisarius' hip at it dangles from the strap on the wolf's arm, a loud rock version of Vivaldi's "Spring" cuts through the conversation.
Frances nearly drops her tray in shock at the rude interruption and Scotty, as surprised as Frances, bursts out laughing at the randomness of the music which Belisarius' backside had chosen.

--------------------
Chris holds still as Wiggins moves, hoping Blay won't notice her.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters