HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ha! Deadstock! Nice pun! I like that!" Scotty giggles. "It was nice of you to thank him though. So... I'm interested. Tell me about wolf culture. You seem to not be as savage as people like to make out."

--------------------
Chris lets out a moan of despair and falls to her knees, taking Blay's head in her lap and hunching over the cat.
"Nooooo! My love! What have they done to you?" she howls, affecting a classic Hollywood accent. Turning to Jess, she allows anger and hatred to creep into her voice. "Find whoever did this and make them suffer! And don't think you're going to get away with letting this happen under your nose! I'm going to make you pay for every minute of his life that they stole! Justice must be done! The world will soon regret crossing me!"
She stands up, allowing Blay's head to slip to the floor as she points at the assembled pets.
"Soon every household will know, every news station will be broadcasting and every person will speak with fear the name of The Cavalier Crusader as I begin my revenge! My love, your death will not go unpunished and you will nto have died in vain! I will continue your great work and in your name I shall conquer the world! AAH HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAA!" During her monologue, Chris' tone turns from grief to anger to madness as she slips with ease into the role of the maniacal super-villain. It's not long before her evil laugh turns to genuine laughter though.
"Oh gosh! Tha' was fun! I allus wan'ed ta play a villain. I fink my evil laugh needs some work dough." she observes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hlaoroo wrote:Chris lets out a moan of despair and falls to her knees, taking Blay's head in her lap and hunching over the cat.
"Nooooo! My love! What have they done to you?" she howls, affecting a classic Hollywood accent. Turning to Jess, she allows anger and hatred to creep into her voice. "Find whoever did this and make them suffer! And don't think you're going to get away with letting this happen under your nose! I'm going to make you pay for every minute of his life that they stole! Justice must be done! The world will soon regret crossing me!"
She stands up, allowing Blay's head to slip to the floor as she points at the assembled pets.
"Soon every household will know, every news station will be broadcasting and every person will speak with fear the name of The Cavalier Crusader as I begin my revenge! My love, your death will not go unpunished and you will nto have died in vain! I will continue your great work and in your name I shall conquer the world! AAH HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAAAAA!" During her monologue, Chris' tone turns from grief to anger to madness as she slips with ease into the role of the maniacal super-villain. It's not long before her evil laugh turns to genuine laughter though.
"Oh gosh! Tha' was fun! I allus wan'ed ta play a villain. I fink my evil laugh needs some work dough." she observes.
Star giggled so much he almost spilled his half empty cup of tea, he quickly set it down, so as not to spill and put a paw against his chest, "I don't know, The Cavalier Crusader make work pretty well with that laugh. And again you continue to impress with your acting abilities.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins also chuckled at the acting.
Maybe you should focus on avenging your own death, Chris. Wiggins said with a smile.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ha! Deadstock! Nice pun! I like that!" Scotty giggles. "It was nice of you to thank him though. So... I'm interested. Tell me about wolf culture. You seem to not be as savage as people like to make out."
"Well..." Lucilla scratched her head. "Uhh...we live for the day, make the best of every opportunity, and thus our 'culture' is made of a mix of things, all related to the territory. So...you could say there is no pack like the other."
"But what every pack has in common," Caesar said, approaching Scotty and his pack's youngest member, "is the respect for the prey, respect for life, and gratefulness for gifts of food. The rest is human prejudice. We are to unmask that as well."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch just glances at her for a moment, staring blankly.

"Ya know, real super villains don't laugh like that," Mitch said, then he turned to the detective, "I think we've eliminated all proper suspects." He took a sip of his tea and casually checked the clock.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"M-maybe go for less of a l-laugh, and more of a c-cackle?" Will suggested. "It might w-work better for you. It was a g-great act, though."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

I didn't do it! I didn't see anything! Ruby said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

xhunterko wrote:"I think we've eliminated all proper suspects." He took a sip of his tea and casually checked the clock.
"All but one," Jess replied, turning her gun towards Matatabi and firing. "Bang."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

MrNeonShot wrote:Wiggins also chuckled at the acting.
Maybe you should focus on avenging your own death, Chris. Wiggins said with a smile.
"Fanks, Star! Hey, yer righ', Wiggins! 'Ow does a ghost avenge 'erself den?" Chris' tail wags as she considers this conundrum.

--------------------
"Wow! Cool! So how will you go about bringing this revelation of your true nature?" Scotty queries, staring at the wolves in the manner of curious cats.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins also thought.
Possess someone? He suggested.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hlaoroo wrote:Maybe you should focus on avenging your own death, Chris. Wiggins said with a smile.
"Fanks, Star! Hey, yer righ', Wiggins! 'Ow does a ghost avenge 'erself den?" Chris' tail wags as she considers this conundrum.[/quote]

Star tapped his chin in thought, "Possession, haunting and scary people down stars?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Wow! Cool! So how will you go about bringing this revelation of your true nature?" Scotty queries, staring at the wolves in the manner of curious cats.
"We will be happy to participate at field trips," Constantine said, "To show what we do, how we do it, and to give useful tips for scouting. Not to mention that security here could use use, eventually."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, yer righ'! I fink dat migh' be a bi' hard t'act out dough." Chris answers thoughtfully before jumping and turning to look as Jess shoots Matatabi.
"Yer gonna 'ave a lo' of paperwork after dis is done, Jess. All dose pets yer've shot. I 'ope yer pen 'as plen'y of ink." she jokes.

--------------------
"I see. Now that you mention it, I can think of lots of ways like that wolves could be useful. Basically anything dogs can do you could do..." Starting to run out of things to talk about, the cat taps his paw on his armrest and looks pleadingly at Elio for a rescue.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay returned to his spot on the couch, and proceeded to cough due to awkwardness. "Wow Chris, I didn't know you cared that much about me." He said with an awkward laugh, trying to make a joke.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"They always do, they always do," Mitch said, finishing off his tea, "Well, since it's game over (i think) I've got to get." Mitch got up and bowed slightly to his host.

"Thank you for the tea, if you want some of ours just come over some time," Mitch said.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Hey, yer righ'! I fink dat migh' be a bi' hard t'act out dough." Chris answers thoughtfully before jumping and turning to look as Jess shoots Matatabi.
"Yer gonna 'ave a lo' of paperwork after dis is done, Jess. All dose pets yer've shot. I 'ope yer pen 'as plen'y of ink." she jokes.
Actually, I think Matatabi is the only person she shot. But is he the murderer? Wiggins asks.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"All but one," Jess replied, turning her gun towards Matatabi and firing. "Bang."
Matatabi's eyes widened as Jess shot him. "Good work detective." he said weakly as he fell over on his side.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star clapped lightly as Matabi fell, "Bravo, bravo. Truly, a spectactical performance on all sides!" He got up, waving his hands in excitement, "As for my observations, I'm out of tea, the game is over, I have no idea what time it is and so far this has been a glorious day! And now for the question of the day..." He put his paws together and lowered his face slightly, giving off a small smirk. "...what is it we shall do next?" His head snapped back up and his paws fell back to his sides, "Cause I have no idea. I've just lost track of everything."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

xhunterko wrote:"They always do, they always do," Mitch said, finishing off his tea, "Well, since it's game over (i think) I've got to get." Mitch got up and bowed slightly to his host.

"Thank you for the tea, if you want some of ours just come over some time," Mitch said.
Will waved at the panda as he got up. "It was n-nice to hang out with you, Mitch," he stated. "I h-hope we can do it again sometime.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I see. Now that you mention it, I can think of lots of ways like that wolves could be useful. Basically anything dogs can do you could do..." Starting to run out of things to talk about, the cat taps his paw on his armrest and looks pleadingly at Elio for a rescue.
Sorry, micio, but I am still getting used to having *one* wolf in my household. And it's Valiant who is taking care of the educational things."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What sort of educational things?" queries Scotty's tablet. "And what's 'micio'? Is that Italian? It sounds like a compliment..."

--------------------
"Heh, sorry if dat was awkward fer you, Blay. I was just 'avin some fun wiv you." apologises the spaniel, sensing the cat's awkwardness.
"Aw. D'you 'ave ta go, Mitch? We was just 'avin' fun!" she queries, disappointed.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"What sort of educational things?" queries Scotty's tablet. "And what's 'micio'? Is that Italian? It sounds like a compliment..."
"It is italian for 'kitten'. And as for education, well, we discovered that Belisarius is like a sort of sponge for things. Valiant spends hours and hours reading the wiki with him."
Yup, that's our Bel," Constantine said, nodding.
"And then they go down in the cellar for their puzzles...Well, Val does the puzzles. Bel adores Lego. He has a knack for engineering."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote: "Heh, sorry if dat was awkward fer you, Blay. I was just 'avin some fun wiv you." apologises the spaniel, sensing the cat's awkwardness.
"Yeah, don't worry about it." Blay said easing up a little. "Just don't do it again." He said with a laugh.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"All right. I won't. Can I saw you in 'alf instead?" grins Chris with a gleam in her eye.

--------------------
At the mention of Lego, Scotty's eyes light up. "I love Lego! I'm not a master builder but it's one thing I can do from my chair." he explains, referencing the new "Lego Movie". Then he pulls up some photos on his tablet and after a few moments of searching, turns it around to reveal a picture of a crudely-made lion, almost two feet tall and made totally of Lego. He then swipes a paw across the screen and the picture changes to a small gingerbread man, also made from Lego, sitting in a lap swathed in bandages. Scotty had made that with his first set of Lego while still in hospital and it's his lap in the photo.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, I do, otherwise I'd be late getting home, eh heh, thanks for the fun guys, it was a pleasure, and PLEASE do come over to the village again. After she's all cleaned up of course, we'd love to properly treat you guys," Mitch said, "Provided, nothing bad happens again. Thanks again for the tea, later!" The last he said with a wave to the group, he paused at the door, looked around the group again, head counting, then left. Heading down the road he came. Frantically checking his phone for the time and walking past the abandoned amusement park VERY quickly.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:At the mention of Lego, Scotty's eyes light up. "I love Lego! I'm not a master builder but it's one thing I can do from my chair." he explains, referencing the new "Lego Movie". Then he pulls up some photos on his tablet and after a few moments of searching, turns it around to reveal a picture of a crudely-made lion, almost two feet tall and made totally of Lego. He then swipes a paw across the screen and the picture changes to a small gingerbread man, also made from Lego, sitting in a lap swathed in bandages. Scotty had made that with his first set of Lego while still in hospital and it's his lap in the photo.
"Amazing work!" Constantine said, wagging his bushy tail. "I always dreamt of having my own den made of these things! They are durable, waterproof... Will you build one for me?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins held the door open for Mitch as he left, saying goodbye as he went.
Afterwards, he rejoined the group.
Normally those games don't take long to play. Though it was pretty fun! Wiggins said happily.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Heh. I'd love to but I don't have enough blocks. I couldn't reach high enough either. Sorry. I could make a model of a den though. And put a little model wolf inside. I say, what are wolf dens really like? Are they really just holes in the ground or do you more than that?"

--------------------
"Bye, Mitch! We'll be sure to visit! Yeah, it was fun, Wiggins. Shall we go anover round or try somefin else? Or we could go explorin' again now dat da danger is past."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. I'd love to but I don't have enough blocks. I couldn't reach high enough either. Sorry. I could make a model of a den though. And put a little model wolf inside. I say, what are wolf dens really like? Are they really just holes in the ground or do you more than that?"
"Hmm, a model could do. We'll work around the size problem. As for our dens? They are usually built under trees, or sometimes holes in the ground, or even in rocky terrains. I tried to build one from scraps of a sawmill, but the wood got all humid and mossy. Plastic is fantastic, it can stand every natural element...fire excepted, of course."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Bye, Mitch! We'll be sure to visit! Yeah, it was fun, Wiggins. Shall we go anover round or try somefin else? Or we could go explorin' again now dat da danger is past."
Star nodded slightly at the suggestions, "Well, I-I wouldn't say no to exploring, kinda sounds fun."
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"All right. I won't. Can I saw you in 'alf instead?" grins Chris with a gleam in her eye.
"Sure." Blay said with a small chuckle and smile. He turned to the others. "So exactly what type of exploring?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Doesn't plastic get humid and hot? And do you share dens or do you have like your own individual ones?" Having eaten and drunken so much that morning, perhaps more than he'd eaten and drunk in his life, Scotty suddenly realises a more pressing need than having answers to his questions.
"Hold that thought. Er... Elio..." Feeling slightly awkward, Scotty types a request to use the bathroom and turns the tablet for the elderly gentleman to read rather than having it spoken aloud by the computer.

--------------------
"Wiggins, you know da town. What do you suggest?" queries Chris, wagging her tail to let Blay know she approves of his agreement.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins began picking up the cards.
I heard there was a diner near by we could check out. I don't know how far it is, though... Wiggins replied.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Doesn't plastic get humid and hot? And do you share dens or do you have like your own individual ones?" Having eaten and drunken so much that morning, perhaps more than he'd eaten and drunk in his life, Scotty suddenly realises a more pressing need than having answers to his questions.
"Hold that thought. Er... Elio..." Feeling slightly awkward, Scotty types a request to use the bathroom and turns the tablet for the elderly gentleman to read rather than having it spoken aloud by the computer.
Elio nodded quickly and started pushing the chair toward the end of the corridor. "I see. Here you go, micio. Valiant insisted that our facilities must allow maximum autonomy under any condition." He used the chair to push the door open and into the bathroom. "Don't be shy, you can do anything without problems. There's also a wifi interface for your tablet, and a good ol' fashioned bell cord. See you later." The human retreated and closed the door.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch plodded along, soon he was at his girlfriend's front door going inside, meaning to check on the wolves again. He opened and closed the door quietly, not wanting to disturb the peace within.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch plodded along, soon he was at his girlfriend's front door going inside, meaning to check on the wolves again. He opened and closed the door quietly, not wanting to disturb the peace within.
Suddenly many noses started quivering, before everybody turned toward the new guest.
"Small and cute! Hi there!" Lucilla said, running to Mitch and taking him under his arms as if the red panda were a doll. "Nice t'meet you again. Where your mate?"
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

MrNeonShot wrote:Wiggins began picking up the cards.
I heard there was a diner near by we could check out. I don't know how far it is, though... Wiggins replied.
Star stretched and yawned quietly, "I wouldn't mind the walk. And I could front the bill as thanks for just how welcoming you all have been, and cause I have nothing better to spend my allowance on I see no reason why not."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I know it. It's no' far from my place. We passed it on da way in, me and dad. I ain't been dere yet dough. An' yer don' 'ave ta pay fer me. I get an allowance too an' I've been savin'." A sudden thought occurs to the spaniel and she pulls a purse from her bag and tips a small pawful of coins and a couple of folded banknotes into her paw. After a quick examination she stows them away again, looking a bit sheepish.
"Er... I don' suppose yer take Pounds Sterlin' over 'ere, do you? I ain't 'ad time ta change me bread ta American yet." Without thinking, Chris uses the cockney rhyming slang term for money, deriving from "bread and honey". Used to that kind of language, it doesn't occur to her that it might confuse the others.

--------------------
Scotty sits stunned for a moment, not having expected the bathroom to be so well-equipped. He looks around, intending to give Elio a thumbs up but the gentleman has already disappeared. Shrugging, the cat hooks his tablet and bumbag on his chair and then does what he needs to do.

Afterwards, while washing his paws he hears a commotion in the hallway. Wheeling his chair out, he looks to the source of the noise and sees a new red panda that he hasn't met yet. Heading towards him, he allows his built up momentum to carry his chair a little way towards the newcomer. When the chair stops, he waves in a friendly manner at the panda and waits for him to emerge from the wolf pack. He hides a grin as Lucilla manhandles Mitch in a rather undignified manner.

Meanwhile, Frances drops her phone back into her bag and looks up, slightly disoriented.
"What'd I miss?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi, who was lying on the floor, sat up quickly only to fall back down. "Okay, everything's a bit blurry now. I've got to remember not move so fast." he told himself. Though as soon as he said that, Matatabi stood up too fast and stumbled over on top of Chris. "Ow. Sorry about that, Chris." he apologized.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Did I miss something? What's going on? Ruby asked