HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Ah... Sorry..." Scotty writes, also blushing furiously. Fortunately he's also saved by Frances.
"What friend? And what do you mean something wrong with his chair?"
"It's nothing." Scotty writes. "Just felt a bit off when I moved just then but I can't see anything wrong. I'm probably just sitting funny."
"Ah, okay. Well, I trust you. If you're happy that the chair's okay then I am. So who's this friend that's coming?"

--------------------
"Yeah. 'Ow come it's diff'rent 'ere? Will makes a good point." Chris demands as she walks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ah... Sorry..." Scotty writes, also blushing furiously. Fortunately he's also saved by Frances.
"What friend? And what do you mean something wrong with his chair?"
"It's nothing." Scotty writes. "Just felt a bit off when I moved just then but I can't see anything wrong. I'm probably just sitting funny."
"Ah, okay. Well, I trust you. If you're happy that the chair's okay then I am. So who's this friend that's coming?"
Valiant was happy to have something else to speak of. "That would be Mr. Malcolm Ransom, a true friend. He works for the Pentagon's R&D, the most advanced stuff to help soldiers and MWDs to recover from war wounds Together with his pregnant wife, he was visiting my country back when I was in the force, but were kidnapped. Rikki and I located and rescued them, and after the mob cut my arm off, well, he gave me mine." He flexed his artificial paw. "Scotty feels ready to improve his life, so I contacted Mr...Malcolm," he forced himself to say "to come here and work on a solution to make him walk again. And he said it can be done." He lowered his ears at the human. "I hope I didn't overstep or something, ma'm. I just wanted to help..."
Last edited by valerio on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"This became policy shortly after the village moved in," Michael said, "We were patrolling the streets around the Leone residence because their family. Our armed presence made some of the residents nervous. So our chief went to the city council and offered them warriors for animal control. Usually it's what you describe that what happens normally. Or with trouble ferals, a more lenient view. What our chief offered was basically to relieve the city of some animal control. The policy is sedate and capture. Then offer them citizenship at our village. They'd be their own person, issued ids, allowed to act sort of as a human immigrant would with the ids outside the territory, etc. If they refused, well, we'd relocate them nearby. In case they had families or homes around. That way they're not just dumped in the woods somewhere. Being a new micro-nation allows us to do that. We're recognized as dual citizens. This program allows us to offer the same benefits to ferals we catch, like this fella here. We've ALSO been given authority by the city to subdue anyone attempting to interfere with the process. Be it pets, or humans. So no, we couldn't give you option 4, especially after we've had him spotted, sedated, and on record. Which, we are forced to keep accurate."
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

HoundInATree wrote:'Well, I don't particularly like getting wet myself, but getting dried with a towel is great.' Albert smiled at Jess. 'So, is there anywhere in particular that we're heading?'
Bowser just rolled his eyes at the younger dog's comment. He could hardly remember ever being like that. "We're headed to a village in the woods. There is a shooting range of sorts, I was asked to meet others at." He states, sounding disinterested.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Moon was once again batting at her tail and occasionally biting it, yelping each time she did.
-------
Matatabi followed silently behind Chris.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Dual citizenship, huh? I didn't know, erm, if you'll excuse my use of the word fer lack of a bet'er term, I didn't know ferals were considered citizens at all, let alone could get dual citizenship. Erm, sorry. What do yers call yerselves collectively?"

--------------------
"No, not at all. I'm glad you're looking out for Scotty, thank you. And Scotty, I'm glad you've decided to improve yourself. I just have one question though, Val. How much is this going to cost us? It's just that our medical bills and moves haven't been cheap."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"No, not at all. I'm glad you're looking out for Scotty, thank you. And Scotty, I'm glad you've decided to improve yourself. I just have one question though, Val. How much is this going to cost us? It's just that our medical bills and moves haven't been cheap."
"Well, nothing at all, ma'm: He promised me that he'd look after me and my friends all life long. He even named his newborn son after me, and...well, he'll be using this opportunity to test some new stuff he was already developing for the MWAs, so it is part of a federal-funded program."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"We call ourselves Grandstaffes. Or Staffes, or Stavians, whichever you prefer," Michael said, "After one of our ancestors and heroes, Fourthe Grandstaffe. I guess you can say our case is unique. Before we came here, we conducted ourselves as a singular tribe. There were only about less than a hundred back then. Shortly after Mitch was born, however, we were approached by a group of humans asking about leaders and pride chiefs. Which we have, but we didn't think of ourselves as a nation. Still, the humans persisted, and we collectively called ourselves what we do now, per a vote. Little did we know that group of humans would lead to tragedy in our lives. Sigh. They made the other red panda tribes in the area do the same thing. They groomed us to like them. They traded with us. Made friends with our enemies and smoothed our enemies over for us, doing the same for them. Made everyone sign trade packs so barter would be fair between all. We grew used to their presence and didn't mind them at all any more, welcoming them to the gates of our villages. There were 5, proud, healthy tribes. Then the humans stabbed us all in the back. The Organization was what they really called themselves. Greedy, manipulative, illegal animal parts traders. We were all captured, lost, or driven off. Mitch was part of the red pandas to be shipped to dubious owners. He had a lucky break and was rescued, and in turn, led to the rescue of all of us. So because most of the tribe was family, and Mitch was here already, it didn't make sense for us to be split to zoos or individual owners. A ideal was proposed that would make this nation look good. And it was taken. So here we are. Both a Grandstaffe, and an American. Which, allows us to make treaties and deals like we have with your city."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:
HoundInATree wrote:'Well, I don't particularly like getting wet myself, but getting dried with a towel is great.' Albert smiled at Jess. 'So, is there anywhere in particular that we're heading?'
Bowser just rolled his eyes at the younger dog's comment. He could hardly remember ever being like that. "We're headed to a village in the woods. There is a shooting range of sorts, I was asked to meet others at." He states, sounding disinterested.
"they do have more there than that," Jess explained. "Once I show him where he's goin, we could find something else to occupy our time."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I... Wow! Thank you so much!" Frances rounds the table and hugs the big dog. "Are you sure it's okay though? I mean Scotty isn't and never was a MWA..."

--------------------
"Huh. So... 'Ow many of yers are dere over 'ere den? It looked like a lot when we was in da village earlier. An' 'ow far are we goin'? Will Meeko be okay when 'e wakes up?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"I... Wow! Thank you so much!" Frances rounds the table and hugs the big dog. "Are you sure it's okay though? I mean Scotty isn't and never was a MWA..."
"Well, neither am I. I was only a police dog, and a civilian dog at that after I lost my job. But the Pentagon's DARPA has permission to work on volunteer subjects, humans and animals." He grinned. "In no time, he'll have his own fanmob, you'll see."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Meeko should be coming around slowly bout now.

"About 150 or so with more arriving tomorrow!" Michael said proudly as the group came over to the Leone's house. They went right around the house headed towards the back exit to the woods.

"Of course he'll be fine, maybe just a little woozy, those darts can pack a punch," he said, "Well, they're supposed to."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Bowser's group, smoke, cooking, cleaning, and other scents could be smelt. There was a small convoy of 20 or so clean up trucks and vans in to the side of the main gate as it came into view. There was still clean up going on from the chemical spill this morning. But otherwise, the gate to the village was open. The village itself could be seen poking out from the high main wall. Humans were standing around the trucks and entrance handing out cleaning supplies to volunteers. To the left of the gate was a single guard tower. The guard within noticed the group and waved them on in. There was also a large hole in the right side of the gate in the wall that was still being repaired.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'Well, this place doesn't say welcoming to me.' Albert remarked on the fortifications before them. 'Even looks like someone wanted to get out anyway they could.' He gestured at the hole in the wall.
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star didn't say much on the way to the village, still not warming up to the guards. He shook his head slightly, deciding to at least try and lighten up, "So... Any stand out things about the village?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"I would agree, This is rather overkill for a fence, unless you're operating a military base or a penitentiary." Bowser commented keeping his voice low, not wishing to upset the locals.

He was paying extra attention to the hole, looking for visual cues as to what might have caused it.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"They have their own royalty they need to protect," Jess told the others. "They need to keep out predators."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

"Well, I'm sort of worried about Meeko, but I'm sure you, Star and Matatabi have it covered. I guess I'll stay here with your father." Blay said to Chris.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"They have their own royalty they need to protect," Jess told the others. "They need to keep out predators."
'Ah, well it still seems like a little too much' Albert pointed at the tower. 'Correct me if I'me wrong here, but feral animals don't have access to siege equipment, so that tower's overkill with a tall wall, right?'

RP Character(s)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

"It still seems excessive." Bowser commented, finding himself still in agreement with Albert. Hearing the siege weapon comment, he added, "I should hope not. Such devices being present in most woodlands would be a serious problem."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Okay. Come on in den." Derek invites. "We'll see youse ovvers soon." Leading Blay into the house, Derek fetches a towel from the hall cupboard and offers it to the cat.
"My name's Derek. What do dey call you, den? Would ya like a drink or somefink?"

--------------------
"More? Where will dey be comin' from?" Chris looks at the ferret as Michel answers her question.
"So I 'ave yer word dat 'e won't be 'armed or stopped once 'e wakes up and dat I'll be able ta take 'im 'ome?"

--------------------
"Okay. Wow. Thank you so much! This is just amazing!" Frances hugs the dog again, unable to wipe the smile from her face, and then straightens and turns to the group of humans and animals assembled around the table.
"Best day ever! Scotty's getting new legs, we've both got new friends and we've both got new family! I... I really don't know how to thank you all for your kindness and hospitality. It... It really means the world to us! It really does!" Frances starts to tear up again but this time it's from happiness.

Scotty nods in agreement, also grinning. He wheels himself next to Frances and squeezes her hand, staring up at her and she squeezes back affectionately.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay. Wow. Thank you so much! This is just amazing!" Frances hugs the dog again, unable to wipe the smile from her face, and then straightens and turns to the group of humans and animals assembled around the table.
"Best day ever! Scotty's getting new legs, we've both got new friends and we've both got new family! I... I really don't know how to thank you all for your kindness and hospitality. It... It really means the world to us! It really does!" Frances starts to tear up again but this time it's from happiness.
Scotty nods in agreement, also grinning. He wheels himself next to Frances and squeezes her hand, staring up at her and she squeezes back affectionately.
"Just make the best of it, dear," Cinzia said, carrying a plate with a toasted slice of bread on it. Small cubes of tomato were spread over the bread. "Would you like a bruschetta?I rubbed some fresh garlic and put olive oil."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: the surrounding palisade wall https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chro ... ite_01.jpg

"Oh, all over," Michael said, "And after we take him we take him to the woods a little ways off you'll be able to take him home home free."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the right of the view from the gate, there was a row of tree houses in front of the wall at first, then behind that, a small clearing with a single medium sized shack with smoke coming from a chimney. Then a beyond that, a larger clearing with a rounded well like building the size of a double wide. Behind that was a smaller well like building half that size. To the left, on the lake front, there was a mobile home and a half sized building with several guards posted about it with several with hoods. On the immediate left, was another mobile home and a half building facing the guarded building with a shorter defensive wall around it with armed red pandas milling about. Behind the smaller well like building were more and more tree houses. And above the lake was a lumber mill and farming fields. And throughout it all were red pandas moving out and about.

Some hanging around the first small shed like building, coming in and out with meat. Some carrying wood and other supplies in the larger central well like building. In the well like building ahead of the store house, a few red pandas with towels on could be seen waiting and it could be surmised that it was a bath house. Logs were being split into boards and columns at the mill, farmers were in the fields, and older folk could be seen knitting or resting on the porches of their tree houses. Young ones could be seen running about as well as school had just gotten out. There were also several pandas with buckets and cloths scrubbing several houses and buildings with human help. All in all a busy place.

One builder, helping with repairing the hole, walked over to Bowser with a board under his arm.

"He says, about the small creatures, who come from a place with large predators," he said with a smile, he looked back to the pandas knocking out the broken fence pieces and putting in new ones. He thumbed at it.

"Overly happy relative wolf, if you were wondering," he said, "Name's Albert, repairman overseer. Can I help you folks with something?"
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko whimpered, still not awake but he could feel himself coming to everywhere in the most uncomfortable fashion.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Good." The spaniel is by the ferret's side as soon as he whimpers. "Meeko? Are you okay? Can you hear me, Meeko? Isn't dis far enough, guys? 'E's wakin' up an' all!"

--------------------
"Ooh, yes please!" Frances enthuses. "... Is this the bread I stuffed up though? Are you sure it's edible?" Deciding it doesn't really matter that much, Frances takes one anyway and then holds up her glass.
"A toast! To new friends, new family... And new beginnings!" she smiles, drinking deeply. Scotty, having no drink, just applauds heartily to show he shares the sentiments.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"Overly happy relative wolf, if you were wondering," he said, "Name's Albert, repairman overseer. Can I help you folks with something?"
"I think Albert and I are just looking around," Jess replied. "But Bowser was invited to go on patrol with some of the guards."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

xhunterko wrote:"He says, about the small creatures, who come from a place with large predators," he said with a smile, he looked back to the pandas knocking out the broken fence pieces and putting in new ones. He thumbed at it.
"Most beings can be deterred with simple chain link though, can they not?" Bowser asked, His mind mediately jumping to the 'citation for property damage' procedure when he heard what cause the hole. It took deliberate effort not to actually start going through carrying out said procedure. To the others he just seems to have an expression of something between concentration and frustration.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Ooh, yes please!" Frances enthuses. "... Is this the bread I stuffed up though? Are you sure it's edible?" Deciding it doesn't really matter that much, Frances takes one anyway and then holds up her glass.
"A toast! To new friends, new family... And new beginnings!" she smiles, drinking deeply. Scotty, having no drink, just applauds heartily to show he shares the sentiments.
Valiant cheered...and then Belisarius lifted him up in his arms. "Mine now!" And before waiting for an answer, the big wolf ran up the stairs with his ìprey'.
"Sorry, guys," Valiant had had just the time to say. "See you on the morrow, as they say. BEL! Be cautious with that collar--eep!" was the last thing everyone heard before the door slammed closed.
"Ah, to be young," Elio said with a sigh and a shake of his head.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Okay. Come on in den." Derek invites. "We'll see youse ovvers soon." Leading Blay into the house, Derek fetches a towel from the hall cupboard and offers it to the cat.
"My name's Derek. What do dey call you, den? Would ya like a drink or somefink?"
Blay gladly accepted the towel and tried himself off. "Thanks for the towel, Mr. Derek. Some water would, ironically, be nice, thank you."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:"Most beings can be deterred with simple chain link though, can they not?" Bowser asked, His mind mediately jumping to the 'citation for property damage' procedure when he heard what cause the hole. It took deliberate effort not to actually start going through carrying out said procedure. To the others he just seems to have an expression of something between concentration and frustration.
Jess noticed the odd expression, though couldn't quite put her finger on what it was indicating. "Are you alright, Bowser?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"C-could I have some water as w-well, sir?" Will asked politely, wrapping himself up. "I'm W-will, by the way."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bowser just grumbles "Forcive habit..." as if that somehow explains everything.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Buster wrote:Bowser just grumbles "Forcive habit..." as if that somehow explains everything.
Albert tilts his head and looks at bowser. After a few seconds he asks, 'You've had to stop doing something, haven't you?' A curious expression was riddled across his face.

RP Character(s)
valerio

Post by valerio »

hypernovatic wrote:Moon was once again batting at her tail and occasionally biting it, yelping each time she did.
"Why do you keep yelping?" Lucilla asked her. "Does your body hurt?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"My tail hurts when I bite it... Why?" Moon asked, confused.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

"And why do you bite it?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Cause it's meen." Moon said, glaring at her tail
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Lucilla too looked at the feline tail. "A mean tail?" She tilted her head left and right, quizzically. "How so?"
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"It keeps folowin me. So I bit it." Moon said, batting at her tail.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
valerio

Post by valerio »

Agrippina swallowed her bread. "Never works, pet: I keep biting at Lucilla, but she keeps following me."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Then how dew I stawp it?" Moon asked, grabbing her tail.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT