HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

The cat had no problems removing his robe and collar, standing effectively naked a moment later. "You can start with me," he said without a trace of nervousness. "My brother Francis will perhaps prefer a more discreet corner?"
The human nodded "Sorry, I am still bound to certain rules. Choose a place and I will follow. As for our chaperones," he indicated the men waiting by the car. They are to remain where they are. They will go back into the car and stay there while you keep custody of the keys, if you choose so."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Fortunately your holiness, you do not need to be searched that thoroughly," Benjamin said with a slight chuckle. Then he motioned to the guards. Who, not only, removed there own things, and checked each, but brought a chair to check the cat. And they were not intrusive, and stayed away from certain areas of the body. Stating that not even their enemy would go that far. And they offered many a profusely apologies as they could while doing so. From head to toe. Then they searched humans. Taking the same care respecting their persons, and offering as many profuse apologies as possible. When they were done, they wearily eyed the lawyers briefcases for a mment, then shook their heads.

"Enough is enough," the highest ranking panda guard with two gold lines on his kneckerchef said.

Then two blue lined pandas opened the door to the chapel. And a small gathering of four pandas, all being search painstakingly by the guards as well, were behind the chieftan.

"After you," Benjamin said to his guests.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Lazarus redressed. "Please, you lead the way. It's our order's tradition that the master of the house preceeds the guest."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Benjamin bowed.

"Very well," he said, then he bowed his head for a moment.

"And hopefully with that, He has gone before us, let us go," he said, walking in with Nora at his side. Leading the group to the upper room.

Mitch sighed in releif. He was getting rather nervous. But still knew that he could be called to question any time. It was then he realized he was shaking a little.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You don't need to worry," Rikki Whispered encouragingly. "You spoke the truth and nothing else. You'll do a great chief."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"That's not what I'm worried about," Mitch whispered back, "We're still in council mode, and I could still and probably will be called to testify before the council. You probably will too."
zephyrtobiaswolf

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

"So, it looks like the contractors put down the wrong color flooring in the basement, and of course Dad's having chickens 'cause it will take at least a week to have it redone properly, and to top it off Dad can't find the ballet barre anywhere and he thinks he may have left it in Italy and now we...

Two pets walked slowly down the sidewalk, a little ways away from a moving truck which had been parked in front of a fairly large house with a sold sign still marking the front yard. The female cat continued talking quickly, having picked up on the anxiety of her Dads' in their desire to make this new venture successful, and every so often the dalmatian beside her would nod his head in agreement. Unfortunately for him Tara had noticed his lack of meaningful attention, and had stopped talking to scowl at him.

"Oh, and by the way dad said he's going to have you play your violin in front of the whole neighborhood so that everyone can know just what a posh doggie you are..."

"Sounds great Tara I'll get right on it," the dog replied with an absentminded smile, his head nodding slowly to something else only he seemed to hear. That smile turned into a frightened mask as the dog yelped in pain, and Tara gave a grim smile as she retracted her claw from the dog's collar only to watch him bat furiously at the volume down button. "Taraaa!" the dog whined pitifully.

"I swear, you've let yourself become even more aloof ever since Dad let you get that thing installed, Santa knows why..." The feline gave an exaggerated self-suffering sigh. "Now come on, we have work to do. We have to introduce this neighborhood to the joy that is dance." Tara crossed her arms in front of her in a manner that suggested one shouldn't balk at following her lead, but unfortunately for Mikey he was never very good at reading body language. Having gotten his music player back to a reasonable level the dalmatian gave Tara an almost innocent looking smile, yet his teeth still managed to shine with an almost cat-like gleam.

"Sure thing Tara, right after I take a run." And the dog was off, bolting down the street with tremendous speed and agility as he vaulted over mailboxes and darting around people as if they were standing still. ~Oh you little~ And off Tara went chasing after the errant dog with similar speed and grace, and it seemed as if her shouts could be heard halfway across the neighborhood.

"Michelangelo you get back here right now or I swear to Santa I'm having dad switch you to bargain brand kibble for a year!"
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"That's not what I'm worried about," Mitch whispered back, "We're still in council mode, and I could still and probably will be called to testify before the council. You probably will too."
"And is it a bad thing? I mean, we're not the bad guys here."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch shook his head.

"No we're not, but it's a council meeting Rikki, a council meeting," Mitch said, "It's like, you being asked to sit before congress or something like that."

"Are the two of yuns gonna be whisperin' all day?" Aunt Alma said from behind.

"If'n the council wants ya, and be assured they do, then they'll call for ya," she said, "But you don't need to sit 'ere all day. But don't be wanderin' off to far either. And keep those robes on. It is a council day after all."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki stood up first. "We won't leave the premises, Sir." Honestly, she didn't know what else to say. She was still trying to imagine why Mitch should be so concerned,..
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"That's MA'AM to you missy," Aunt Alma said, "And don't worry, you can go about, and in town if you want. But don't go wandering off too too far." And at that moment, the chapel doors opened! A member of the council, the chief architect (notable by a brown neckerchief), gave the guard on the left side of the chapel doors a scroll. Which, after he read, made a whistle. Two guards with yellow notches on their neckerchiefs arrived. He gave them the scroll, and they nodded, turned, and headed towards town.

Mitch, having tensed up during the whole thing relaxed a bit.

"Honestly nephew, get a hold o' yourself," she said, giving him a hug, he smiled a little. Then she went back to the bath house.

"I don't like council meetings," Mitch said, "They, they're a little tough on you. Still though, I wonder who they want?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Right now, amore, I would like to get out of here before I die with embarrassment for addressing a female as 'Sir'. So, would you like to show me around? I'm your girlfriend, it's right that we're seen together. Hoping it's not another breach of etiquette. And don't tell me I'm obsessed with manners! I was raised in southern Italy, appearance is *everything* there. It rubs off."
---
"Exactly, pray, what are your long-term plans?" Lazarus asked the chieftain. "It would help us determine the degree of assistance you need, Sir."
---
Belisarius was getting bored.
As of now, he couldn't be of any help to Valiant, and Valiant didn't require his mate's presence.
Plus, the big timebr wolf needed to get to know more of these pets, to socialize better.
That's why he had decided to go to the park. And he had found an interesting pack gathered...Now, if only he knew how to break the ice and approach them instead of standing under a tree...
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Our long term plans are to resettle in between the two lakes and build our village there," Benjamin said, "Now we are doing what we did at the first, building temporary shelter. We had planned to use the chapel itself, cause of it's better protection. But Ezio seemed concerned so we began on the homes. Now, to explain the reason of the secrecy, my son and his friends found some ruins underground in the north around a camping trip. He told me all himself, and I could tell you, but that is not how we do things. We ask at least two character witnesses to testify for the person to be questioned, then we ask them themselves. The reasoning for the secrecy is this: you seem to know of the pools of skeletons there, so I will not indulge that. I sent my warriors to explore the place, and this is what they found." And with that, he nodded to two members. Who went up the tower, and brought down a fairly long box. They set it in front of the monk carefully. It's contents (a longsword), were still sharp.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two pandas could be seen running atop the trees and heading their way to the park. Upon arrival, they spotted Belisarius.

"Excuse me sir," one said, he then looked at his scroll, "Do you know of the whereabouts of a one known as Lance, friend of Mitch, is currently?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Of course of course," Mitch said, putting an arm around her back in a half hug, beginning to walk, "But there's not much to see around here yet though. You've seen the bath house and the smoke house. Oh, I know!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Our long term plans are to resettle in between the two lakes and build our village there," Benjamin said, "Now we are doing what we did at the first, building temporary shelter. We had planned to use the chapel itself, cause of it's better protection. But Ezio seemed concerned so we began on the homes. Now, to explain the reason of the secrecy, my son and his friends found some ruins underground in the north around a camping trip. He told me all himself, and I could tell you, but that is not how we do things. We ask at least two character witnesses to testify for the person to be questioned, then we ask them themselves. The reasoning for the secrecy is this: you seem to know of the pools of skeletons there, so I will not indulge that. I sent my warriors to explore the place, and this is what they found." And with that, he nodded to two members. Who went up the tower, and brought down a fairly long box. They set it in front of the monk carefully. It's contents (a longsword), were still sharp.
Brother Francis examined the sword. "This is much interesting. This piece is, of course, of European manufacture. And what a nice state of conservation..." He frowned. "Well, since our order does not believe in weapons other than the ones allowed to hunt, Sir, you may have it to use it at your leisure. You may melt it to recycle its steel for other uses if you want. Or you could sell it back to use and make some money."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:Two pandas could be seen running atop the trees and heading their way to the park. Upon arrival, they spotted Belisarius.
"Excuse me sir," one said, he then looked at his scroll, "Do you know of the whereabouts of a one known as Lance, friend of Mitch, is currently?"
Belisarius nodded. Oy, yes! My mate is at your village with your prince and his girlfriend." then he recognized one of the pets -or, rather, recognized him by Valiant's description in one of his adventure. Belisarius waved to the mink. "Will!" he howled. "Will Turner, is that you?!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:"Of course of course," Mitch said, putting an arm around her back in a half hug, beginning to walk, "But there's not much to see around here yet though. You've seen the bath house and the smoke house. Oh, I know!"
Rikki grinned. "Lead the way, then!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch then started leading her towards the forest, and a little North West, where frames for 3 more similar buildings were being put up. There was also places dug for 2 more buildings of the same type. As they got closer to the woods, a curious little building, built more like a tower, was being guarded by a single sentry with a blue neckerchief. He saluted as the two approached but said nothing, and continued to watch the woods.

"This, is going to be our prayer tower," Mitch said, pointing a hand at the building, "I don't believe I've told you about our mythologies yet, have I?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Er, Valiant, you mean? We are looking for someone named Lance," the guard repeated.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

IceKitsune wrote: Lance looked down at the ground "I believe it would be only be Valiant,Rikki,Bellious, and myself really. Sadly pretty much everyone else moved away at some point or another." He shook his head pushing the thoughts of the friends who had left away from his mind.
Paige scratched his head. "Bellious?" he asked, as he felt a slight sadness at the lack of a certain black cat. "I recognize the others, but that doesn't sound familiar, though I may have-"
valerio wrote: Belisarius nodded. Oy, yes! My mate is at your village with your prince and his girlfriend." then he recognized one of the pets -or, rather, recognized him by Valiant's description in one of his adventure. Belisarius waved to the mink. "Will!" he howled. "Will Turner, is that you?!"
"WAH!" Will jumped at the sound of his name, and quickly clung to his uncle. Paige sighed, and looked around, spotting the wolf who had called.

"It's fine, Will. Just a wolf." He looked down at Will and smiled. "And, since I doubt you made a predator mad in the small amount of time we've been back, he should be okay." As Will slowly detached himself from Paige, the latter gave him a light push in the wolf's direction. "Go on and talk to him. I'll be right here, so no worries."

As Will slowly walked over, he turned to the others. "Sorry about that. He's been getting better at keeping calm, but it still isn't too hard to spook him."
--------------------------------------------
Will slowly walked closer to the big wolf that had called his name, and the pandas with him. As he reached a distance where he did not need to yell, he spoke. "Y-y-y-y-yes?" He stuttered, practically shaking. "I-i-i-i-i-i-" here he swallowed a bit, "I'm W-will. D-d-do I kn-kn-kn-know you?"

(OOC: Yeah, I wasn't sure if Bellious was supposed to be Belisarius or a different pet, but I didn't recognize either name, and a search didn't find any Bellious, so I just had Paige play off of it, instead of ignoring it. (I didn't know about Belsarius either, but I found him in Forum Search))
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Hey Belisarius." He said waving to the wolf as he walked up to the increasingly large group of Pets. "Don't worry everyone he wouldn't hurt a fly" Lance tilted his head and tapped his chin a bit "Ok, well maybe a fly, but not any of us." He said smirking.

(OOC: lol I didn't even realize I spelled his name wrong, some GM I am :P)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The pandas quietly followed the wolf, when they got to the crowd, one of them blew a low sounding horn, to get the pets attention. Then the other spoke.

"Sorry to bother you like this, but do any of you know a dog by the name of Lance who is a friend of Mitch?" He asked.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:The pandas quietly followed the wolf, when they got to the crowd, one of them blew a low sounding horn, to get the pets attention. Then the other spoke.

"Sorry to bother you like this, but do any of you know a dog by the name of Lance who is a friend of Mitch?" He asked.
"That would be me." Lance said waving his hand a bit as he did so. "What's up?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The guard read from his scroll.

"To the person known as Lance, friend of Mitch: Your person is requested to appear before the secrecy council of the village and tribe of Grandestaff. It is requested, that you serve as a character witness for the following person: Mitch of Grandestaff. This is in order to ascertain his credibility to be questioned by the secrecy council. It is encouraged that you comply, however you have the option to refuse, and be damaging against Mitch's character. The council awaits your response with eagerness.

With all due respect,
Member Council Name Struck For Secrecy.
"

The guard put away his scroll and they looked at Lance eagerly.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch then started leading her towards the forest, and a little North West, where frames for 3 more similar buildings were being put up. There was also places dug for 2 more buildings of the same type. As they got closer to the woods, a curious little building, built more like a tower, was being guarded by a single sentry with a blue neckerchief. He saluted as the two approached but said nothing, and continued to watch the woods.
"This, is going to be our prayer tower," Mitch said, pointing a hand at the building, "I don't believe I've told you about our mythologies yet, have I?"
"Awesome! And no, we haven't discussed that yet. My religion is sooo boring, what with one God...and an incredibly gruffy, jealous one."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xhunterko wrote:"Er, Valiant, you mean? We are looking for someone named Lance," the guard repeated.
Belisarius blushed when Lance answered. That was another reason he never made it to form a pack, he was so easily distracted...
Pecan wrote:Paige scratched his head. "Bellious?" he asked, as he felt a slight sadness at the lack of a certain black cat. "I recognize the others, but that doesn't sound familiar, though I may have-"
valerio wrote: Belisarius nodded. Oy, yes! My mate is at your village with your prince and his girlfriend." then he recognized one of the pets -or, rather, recognized him by Valiant's description in one of his adventure. Belisarius waved to the mink. "Will!" he howled. "Will Turner, is that you?!"
"WAH!" Will jumped at the sound of his name, and quickly clung to his uncle. Paige sighed, and looked around, spotting the wolf who had called.
"It's fine, Will. Just a wolf." He looked down at Will and smiled. "And, since I doubt you made a predator mad in the small amount of time we've been back, he should be okay." As Will slowly detached himself from Paige, the latter gave him a light push in the wolf's direction. "Go on and talk to him. I'll be right here, so no worries."
As Will slowly walked over, he turned to the others. "Sorry about that. He's been getting better at keeping calm, but it still isn't too hard to spook him."
--------------------------------------------
Will slowly walked closer to the big wolf that had called his name, and the pandas with him. As he reached a distance where he did not need to yell, he spoke. "Y-y-y-y-yes?" He stuttered, practically shaking. "I-i-i-i-i-i-" here he swallowed a bit, "I'm W-will. D-d-do I kn-kn-kn-know you?"
The timber wolf wagged his tail. "I'm Belisarius, Valiant's mate. He spoke a lot about you and i was curious to meet you. After all, I do not know many pets yet...I mean, I have just applied to become one. Allow me to shake--" he had just started to walk toward the mink, his paw outstretched...when he tripped and fell clumsily. "*whoof!*"
zephyrtobiaswolf

Tara was tired. It seemed like she had chased her brother halfway across the neighborhood without ever getting a step closer, and now she was leaning against a tree gasping for breath as she shot death glares at her brother.

~I swear when we get home I'm switching his entire playlist to ABBA~

Looking around Tara realized they had made their way to a park, one that held some rather... interesting animals. The cats and dogs Tara was expecting, but the mink was something new, and was that a bear... and a wolf?! Suddenly Tara was wondering just what made her Dads' choose this area out of all the other places they could have moved their family to. Still the cat was not one to judge a book by its cover, and after throwing one last death glare to Mikey which promised a long and slow torture in the future Tara put on her most winning smile before approaching the group.

“Umm, hello there. My name is Tara Truesdale, and I just moved here with my Dads and brother. Is this the general hangout area for other pets?”
--------------------------------------
Mikey watched his sister approach the rather strange grouping of animals, his tongue hanging from his muzzle as he himself worked to regain his composure after such a strenuous run. In truth the Dalmatian did feel a little bad about leaving the job of introducing their family to the neighborhood to his sister, but it wasn't like he'd really be any help despite what she might say. With a leg hanging off a tree branch the spotty dog decided to simply observe and see how things went. Although his music was serving as good company already, one thing did pique the dog's interest. While his sister might be more concerned with the predators in their midst, Mikey noticed an interesting species, one he had truly only seen in his books before.

~Red pandas. Interesting. This place might just be fun after all.~
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, I wouldn't talk bad about your religion, and especially not this place," Mitch said, "We respect all forms of belief. Cause, at one time. Herm. Our ancestors worshiped the sun itself. Of course we know better now. But back then it was warmth, light, and life. And anyone who thought otherwise were heretics. So, according to legend, the sun dimmed their eyes so we could only see during the low light parts of the day and at night. That way they wouldn't only consume themselves with the sun. And legend has it a holy man prayed for us and healed our eyes. And when our ancestors asked him what he worshiped, he said: No one, but whom my fathers do. And then he vanished. They tried worshiping various things, including the moon, the heavenly bodies. This went on for ages. It seemed that our ancestors couldn't learn a lesson. So the heavens sent one of our own who had in spirit to a reigning grand matriarch. She asked the spirit why he had come. And he told her this: Because it is too hard for us to learn a lesson, they have sent me. I am in the care of the Father of All spirits, and am near to him. Send your prayers to us, by heart or voice, and we will send them to him. And he was gone. Heh, we still didn't get it. Oh, this is our prayer tower, by the way."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mikey watched his sister approach the rather strange grouping of animals, his tongue hanging from his muzzle as he himself worked to regain his composure after such a strenuous run. In truth the Dalmatian did feel a little bad about leaving the job of introducing their family to the neighborhood to his sister, but it wasn't like he'd really be any help despite what she might say. With a leg hanging off a tree branch the spotty dog decided to simply observe and see how things went. Although his music was serving as good company already, one thing did pique the dog's interest. While his sister might be more concerned with the predators in their midst, Mikey noticed an interesting species, one he had truly only seen in his books before.

~Red pandas. Interesting. This place might just be fun after all.~
"We don't bite you know," said a female voice above Mikey, "We're mostly harmless, mostly."

"Well maybe your harmless," said a male panda voice to the right of Mikey.

"You would know," the female voice said to the male voice. Then two panda tails appeared next to Mikey's head. And then two pandas on either side.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

valerio wrote:The timber wolf wagged his tail. "I'm Belisarius, Valiant's mate. He spoke a lot about you and i was curious to meet you. After all, I do not know many pets yet...I mean, I have just applied to become one. Allow me to shake--" he had just started to walk toward the mink, his paw outstretched...when he tripped and fell clumsily. "*whoof!*"
Will slowly walked toward the wolf, an shakily held out his hand, until Belisarius tripped. The sudden forward movement caused him to jump back slightly, shutting his eyes in case of impact. When no such impact came, he opened his eyes and saw Belisarius' tripped state. Giving a sigh of relief, he held his paw back out, both to accept the previously offered paw, and to help the wolf up. "I-if you're with V-valiant, you must b-be okay. It's n-nice to meet you."

-----------------------------------
zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Tara was tired. It seemed like she had chased her brother halfway across the neighborhood without ever getting a step closer, and now she was leaning against a tree gasping for breath as she shot death glares at her brother.

~I swear when we get home I'm switching his entire playlist to ABBA~

Looking around Tara realized they had made their way to a park, one that held some rather... interesting animals. The cats and dogs Tara was expecting, but the mink was something new, and was that a bear... and a wolf?! Suddenly Tara was wondering just what made her Dads' choose this area out of all the other places they could have moved their family to. Still the cat was not one to judge a book by its cover, and after throwing one last death glare to Mikey which promised a long and slow torture in the future Tara put on her most winning smile before approaching the group.

“Umm, hello there. My name is Tara Truesdale, and I just moved here with my Dads and brother. Is this the general hangout area for other pets?”
Paige's ears twitched at the new voice, and he turned to greet the pet it came from. "Hello there, Tara! My name is Pa-" he stopped, his breath caught in his chest as he laid eyes on the new cat. Something stirred in his chest that hadn't since Desi.
He finally noticed that he had stopped mid introduction. "Paige. Paige Turner." He spoke more quietly than usual. "It is nice to meet you."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:Will slowly walked toward the wolf, an shakily held out his hand, until Belisarius tripped. The sudden forward movement caused him to jump back slightly, shutting his eyes in case of impact. When no such impact came, he opened his eyes and saw Belisarius' tripped state. Giving a sigh of relief, he held his paw back out, both to accept the previously offered paw, and to help the wolf up. "I-if you're with V-valiant, you must b-be okay. It's n-nice to meet you."
Blushing again, Belisarius accepted the offer for help. "Thank you. For some reason, my mate loves my clumsiness. And don't be afraid, please: I won't hurt any domestic. What are you guys doing?" he looked around with a puppy-like inquiring look. "I am so eager to learn your ways!"
zephyrtobiaswolf

To say Mikey was imperceptive well... that might be an understatement. To be fair listening to music pretty much every waking moment did tend to get int the way of noticing things around you, but sadly even before he had his high tech music player installed Mikey tended to miss even the most obvious of signs. So when two tails suddenly appeared right next to the poor dalmatian's head the dog was understandably startled.

“What the...?”

Mikey jumped three feet in the air as he finally noticed the two other presences accompanying him in the tree. An impressive feat for a dog, although perhaps ill-timed seeing as Mikey himself was already quite a few feet from the ground as it was. The dog realized his dilemma a moment later as he looked down to see only air beneath him, and with a quick midair turn the dog caught a nearby branch, swinging himself back onto more sturdy footing before holding his chest, his heart beating about five times faster than normal.

“I... I think I just lost a life, and I'm not even a cat.”

Mikey finally calmed himself down enough to look closer at the two individuals who had given him such a scare, his head cocked curiously even as he batted at volume down button on his collar. A twinge of pain let the dog know he had not performed his maneuver without some consequence; in his paw a plethora of splinters remained.

~Just my luck~

Giving a cockeyed glance at the pandas Mikey proceeded to pluck the splinters out, chewing a few out with his fangs as he finally addressed the two.

“What's up exos? The name's Mikey. Next time give me some more warning, neh?”
--------------------------
“The pleasure's all mine sugga. I must say, you're only the second cat I've ever met whose worn glasses; they look good on you. I gotta ask though, are there a lot of ferals who frequent this area? From what I can tell they seem rather well... tame.”

Tara gave Paige her most winning smile, her paws clasped behind her back as even her eyes seemed to sparkle. This was her first shot at making new friends in this neighborhood, and she was not going to blow it. Besides, her Dads' needed customers, and what kind of girl would she be if she didn't at least try to get these other pets interested.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

The two pandas chuckled at the poor thing for a moment, then the male stopped, looking a bit ashamed, the female rolled her eyes.

"Name's are Cello, and this here is Zhang, and if you'll keep it down, we'd do better at spying on our compatriots there," the female said, pointing to the neckerchief-ed guards speaking to Lance. Zhang, the male, nodded.

"Our tribe's council is currently in a secrecy meeting, and we're trying to figure what's up," Zhang said, "Even though it's still none of our business, if you ask me."

"Oh please, your in it for the thrill too!" Cello said to Zhang. Zhang rolled his eyes.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:“The pleasure's all mine sugga. I must say, you're only the second cat I've ever met whose worn glasses; they look good on you. I gotta ask though, are there a lot of ferals who frequent this area? From what I can tell they seem rather well... tame.”

Tara gave Paige her most winning smile, her paws clasped behind her back as even her eyes seemed to sparkle. This was her first shot at making new friends in this neighborhood, and she was not going to blow it. Besides, her Dads' needed customers, and what kind of girl would she be if she didn't at least try to get these other pets interested.
"To be honest," Paige replied, giving a shrug, "I have no idea. Will and I recently came back from a business trip with my dad, and the only feral I'd seen here before I left was a Hawk named Bora. All of these bigger animals surprised me a bit too- apparently, there's a whole village of them, though I think that's just the pandas."
-----------------------------------------------
valerio wrote:Blushing again, Belisarius accepted the offer for help. "Thank you. For some reason, my mate loves my clumsiness. And don't be afraid, please: I won't hurt any domestic. What are you guys doing?" he looked around with a puppy-like inquiring look. "I am so eager to learn your ways!"
"Um, I'm n-not sure." Will replied. "Uncle P-paige and I just got b-back, and came to th-the park to say hi." As he shivered a bit, he continued. "And, I-it isn't you I'm r-really afraid of," Will explained. "I'm j-just afraid in general; I'm g-guessing that Valiant told you wh-where I came from?"
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey finished picking the last splinter from his paw before looking back towards the pandas addressing Lance.

~Tribe? I guess that's what they must call their pack. Wonder how many of them are around then?~

The dalmatian managed to keep himself from giving the evil eye to the panda's who simply laughed even though he had nearly broken his neck, but he couldn't help but ponder a little mischief himself.

“Cello and Zhang huh? Interesting names. Gotta wonder though, if your tribal council is so interested on keeping whatever they're doing a big secret, what would happen if those two caught wind of your spying.”

Strange how a dog could possess a grin so cat-like.
--------------------------------
Wolves, bears, and an entire village full of pandas. This was sounding like it could be more fun by the minute.

“Well at least they seem friendly, that's the important thing.” Looking around for a moment Tara flexed her claws before springing into a nearby tree, arching her back over a branch so that she was looking upside down at Paige.

“So, what do ya'll do for fun around here? Or did I guess, seeing as you just got back.”
Last edited by zephyrtobiaswolf on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:"Um, I'm n-not sure." Will replied. "Uncle P-paige and I just got b-back, and came to th-the park to say hi." As he shivered a bit, he continued. "And, I-it isn't you I'm r-really afraid of," Will explained. "I'm j-just afraid in general; I'm g-guessing that Valiant told you wh-where I came from?"
the wolf nodded. "Yes. I wa so sorry about the experience you had to endure. But you're with friends now! I am a friend of yours too! So I can protect you as well! Would you like me to protect you from harm?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Honestly? The two will probably get kitchen duty for tomorrow," said one of the panda guards to Mikey, looking directly at him, "We are aware of the activities of our youngsters, whether they like it or not." He said with a grin to Cello and Zhang, who stuck out their tongues back. Then Cello noticed Mikey biting needles out of his paw. She climbed back over to him and took held it out and open.

"Your never getting those out like that though," she said, then looked at him, "May I help?"
zephyrtobiaswolf

Mikey gave a hard swallow as the panda guard caught the dalmatian in his gaze. “Um, is it just me or are all you pandas part ninja or something?” From the look in his eyes it was clear the dog certainly believed it whether or not it was true.

Still worrying at the splinters in his paw, Mikey couldn't help but give Cello a somewhat distrustful glance, but he couldn't doubt the truth of her words. The dog gave the panda a quick sniff before holding his paw out to her, his eyes displaying a mixture of pain and annoyance.

“I just got no luck, ya know.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Ah don't believe that," Cello said, she pulled out a small pocket knife, and began carefully picking them out the old fashioned way, "You just need to be more careful that's all." Zhang climbed next to Cello and patted a moist cloth on Mikey's paw.

"That'll be for the pain," Zhang said, "As far as being Ninja, stealthy yes, stealthy like that? Sadly no. If we were that stealthy, the T.O. would've never caught us."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:The guard read from his scroll.

"To the person known as Lance, friend of Mitch: Your person is requested to appear before the secrecy council of the village and tribe of Grandestaff. It is requested, that you serve as a character witness for the following person: Mitch of Grandestaff. This is in order to ascertain his credibility to be questioned by the secrecy council. It is encouraged that you comply, however you have the option to refuse, and be damaging against Mitch's character. The council awaits your response with eagerness.

With all due respect,
Member Council Name Struck For Secrecy.
"

The guard put away his scroll and they looked at Lance eagerly.
Lance licked his muzzle a bit and rubbed his arm absentmindedly "Oh boy, I always hate these kind of things." He said then smiled at the two guards "Sure I'll help the guy out, when do they need me?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"The council is waiting for you now," said the guard on the left, "Please follow us." And with that, they started to walk to the woods.
zephyrtobiaswolf

The dog gave a nervous glance to the knife the panda wielded, but somehow he managed to will himself to not move his paw while Cello went about her work. At least she seemed to know what she was doing, and it was certainly working better than his fangs had.

“I am careful. The rest of the world just likes to keep moving pot holes into my way.” The dog put on a pout, but there was no real meaning behind it. Mikey had come to terms with his bad luck even before he'd been adopted by his Dads; for him it was just a part of life.

“Thanks for the help guys. Ya know, you might not be ninjas, but you're still kinda close. Are you two still planning on figuring out your pack's big secret? Cause if ya are, I think your quarry might be escaping.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:Wolves, bears, and an entire village full of pandas. This was sounding like it could be more fun by the minute.

“Well at least they seem friendly, that's the important thing.” Looking around for a moment Tara flexed her claws before springing into a nearby tree, arching her back over a branch so that she was looking upside down at Paige.

“So, what do ya'll do for fun around here? Or did I guess, seeing as you just got back.”
"Well, I usually have a book with me, and look for places to curl up and read." He frowned slightly, "I'd have one now, but Sam spilled grape juice all over my current read, so I need a new copy. A shame, because Nekomasuku was getting good." He smiled again. "How about you? What did you do for fun before moving here?"
-----------------------------------
valerio wrote:The wolf nodded. "Yes. I wa so sorry about the experience you had to endure. But you're with friends now! I am a friend of yours too! So I can protect you as well! Would you like me to protect you from harm?"
Will gave him a small smile. "I would l-like that. Thank y-you for offering, both the p-protection, and friendship."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:Will gave him a small smile. "I would l-like that. Thank y-you for offering, both the p-protection, and friendship."
"Great! And what do you do with your pack for fun?"
zephyrtobiaswolf

"Nekomasuku? Sounds like something my brother would read. As for fun, well, why don't I show you?"

The female dropped lightly from her branch, landing on her feet in the epitome of feline grace. Smiling mischievously at Paige the golden furred cat began to slowly dance, her arms moving in exotic motions as her hips swayed. It was clear to see that belly-dancing came naturally to the cat.

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

valerio wrote:"Great! And what do you do with your pack for fun?"
"M-my pack?" Will tilted his head. "I'm n-not sure I know what you m-mean..." Looking around, he gave a small shrug. "I don't usually c-carry one- Uncle P-paige does sometimes, if he h-has a book to c-carry one in his a-arms."
----------------------------------------
zephyrtobiaswolf wrote:"Nekomasuku? Sounds like something my brother would read. As for fun, well, why don't I show you?"

The female dropped lightly from her branch, landing on her feet in the epitome of feline grace. Smiling mischievously at Paige the golden furred cat began to slowly dance, her arms moving in exotic motions as her hips swayed. It was clear to see that belly-dancing came naturally to the cat.
As Tara started to dance, Paige's face turned slightly red. "Oh, Raqs sharqi, more commonly known as a belly dance. Are you self-taught?" he asked.