HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"It's okay. You couldn't have known." Scotty assures the dog as he calms himself down again.
"Thanks for the offer... I'm not really sure what else there is to say though. Talking won't change anything." He takes another deep breath and settles his smile more comfortably on his face.
"So... What do you like to do for fun?" he queries, eager to turn the conversation to more pleasant topics.
"We-ell..." Valiant blushed slightly. "Uhh, aside from snuggling...Err, puzzles! I love 3D planetary puzzles. Then Bel helps Rikki and me exercising. Rikki does a lot of videogames, but I am more comfortable with the silence and concentration of a puzzle. I don't think you were shown my museum, right?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

MrNeonShot wrote:Wiggins pointed left as he replied. She lives in the house on the left. He explained
What kind of games do you guys want to play? I've got a few board games we could play!
"Do you have Life?" Jess asked. "actually, never mind, we'd never be able to finish."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"P'raps somefin quicker den - like Monopoly." Chris jokes with a grin.
"What games do yer 'ave den, Wiggins?"

--------------------
"No, you haven't. I've never ben one for videogames myself although I've a few apps to keep my mind active. I have rather taken to jigsaw puzzles though. I just find it difficult when I have to try to reach over the table to put the pieces in place. But I've never heard of them being in 3D. That sounds pretty cool!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hopefully something for everyone, see you in a jiffy!" Mitch said, giving Rikki a quick kiss heading out the door. A quick jaunt took him to the house on the left, hoping the pet was outside.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"No, you haven't. I've never ben one for videogames myself although I've a few apps to keep my mind active. I have rather taken to jigsaw puzzles though. I just find it difficult when I have to try to reach over the table to put the pieces in place. But I've never heard of them being in 3D. That sounds pretty cool!"
Immediately, Valiant went behind Scotty's wheelchair. "Showtime! Prepare yourself to discover a new world of fun!" he pushed the chair toward the basement room's door. "There's a ramp, don't worry. Mom wanted it installed, and of course she won."
He didn't slow down when they reached the door. The chair pushed it inward and the lights turned on automatically. "Do you like them? Rikki designed them so that from the room you can see if someone's coming from the shadows, but not vice-versa. Rudimental, but helpful against unwanted visitors."
Down the slope they went, past one curve and into the basement room. "This is Dad's space," Valiant said, tail wagging.
It was like a piano bar. There was an actual Boston Chickering Piano, a rack with an assortment of fine Italian wines, a bar with a line of stools, a big Philips cathod tube TV, a radio and two comfy couches.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Hlaoroo wrote:"P'raps somefin quicker den - like Monopoly." Chris jokes with a grin.
"What games do yer 'ave den, Wiggins?"
Star shook his head, "We play that and most of our calm demeanors will falter into flames Mount Doom would be envious of."
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I, uh... I think I have Monopoly and Uno! Wiggins replied. He went to the closet in the hall and began searching through the boxes.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"Uno sounds fun," Jess said, wagging her tail.
(OOC: incidentally I just played that tonight)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I love Uno!" enthuses Chris, ears pricked and tail wagging. "Le's play dat!"

--------------------
Scotty instinctively throws his paws up in front of him as the door looms ahead, fully expecting to crash into it. He's pleasantly surprised when it opens easily and breathes a small sigh of relief.
"Clever." Scotty types about the lights. "But how many unwanted visitors do you get down here?"
His eyes open wide as he sees the beautiful piano and himself reflected in the polished wood and they stay equally wide as he surveys the old technology.
"Wow. It's like stepping back into the past. And what a beautiful piano!" Again the tone is lacking and robotic but Scotty's expressive face once again says it all.
"Can... Can I play the piano? Please?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty instinctively throws his paws up in front of him as the door looms ahead, fully expecting to crash into it. He's pleasantly surprised when it opens easily and breathes a small sigh of relief.
"Clever." Scotty types about the lights. "But how many unwanted visitors do you get down here?"
His eyes open wide as he sees the beautiful piano and himself reflected in the polished wood and they stay equally wide as he surveys the old technology.
"Wow. It's like stepping back into the past. And what a beautiful piano!" Again the tone is lacking and robotic but Scotty's expressive face once again says it all.
"Can... Can I play the piano? Please?"
"Well...the truth is, living under the Fascism's direst days, under the fears of being looted in the afterwar...I'd say that Mom and Dad are perhaps a bit too...prudent. I think I heard Dad talking about getting some mines for the garden." At Scott's request, the Italian Wolfdog wagged his tail. "Sure! I never learnt despite they tried to teach me." He pushed the chair in front of the piano. "By the way, if you agree, when Rikki's home I'll ask her to get a new tablet that could be programmed to display vocal emotions, if you want to. She did it once already, and it worked just fine. Ready?" he asked when the chair and the player were in position

Up in the living room, Elio motioned for Cinzia and Belisarius to follow him.
Nero and Antonious followed, too, tiptoing in perfect silence
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins rummaged through the boxes.
I also have played a really cool game at a youth group where they use the game to practice their poker face. I kinda made my own remixed version of it that involves uno cards... Wiggins said.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Ruby had just sat down to read when she heard a knock at the door. I wonder who that could be? she said as she went to open it.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

As the door opened, Mitch was relieved it was the pet in question.

"Hello there," Mitch said with a wave.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Um...hi? Ruby said. Who are you?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Cool! As an actress I migh' have a bi' of an unfair advantage dere dough. But i' sounds fun! 'Ow d'ya play it den?" she asks with tail wagging.

~~~~
Scotty is too surprised at the idea of mining the yard to know what to say. Instead he focuses on the piano. He lifts his paws to the keys, pauses a moment, and then drops them to his tablet again.
"I think I either need a taller chair or a shorter piano." he grins ruefully. Being cat-sized, his chair is smaller than a standard human chair, so the keys are too high up for Scotty to reach comfortably. Playing is a bit awkward when the keys are level with your chin.
"I'd love to see that kind of tablet though. I didn't think it was possible."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Name's Mitch, Mitch Grandestaff. I live in a village just a little ways in the woods. Anyway, a group of us are getting ready to play some table top games and we were wanting to meet you and to see if you wanted to come over as well," Mitch said, scratching the back of his neck, "If you don't mind groups that is."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty is too surprised at the idea of mining the yard to know what to say. Instead he focuses on the piano. He lifts his paws to the keys, pauses a moment, and then drops them to his tablet again.
"I think I either need a taller chair or a shorter piano." he grins ruefully. Being cat-sized, his chair is smaller than a standard human chair, so the keys are too high up for Scotty to reach comfortably. Playing is a bit awkward when the keys are level with your chin.
"I'd love to see that kind of tablet though. I didn't think it was possible."
Valiant took a proper stool and adjusted it to the right height. "With your permission, Sir," he said, and gently grabbed Scotty to put it over the stool, then pushed the thing so that the cat was comfortable enough. "This should do. As for the tablet, it's an experimental gizmo from the same department that gave me my gadget," He flexed his bionic arm. "They are working on it for soldiers who lost their voice in warfare accidents. They will love to give you an opportunity. They also work on new prototypes of exoskeletons for paraplegics." As usual, when he started to feel confident, Valiant would start talking too much. He hoped he hadn't offended Scotty...again. "Ready to play?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Fortunately for Valiant, Scotty's spinal injury is in the lumbar region so he is able to balance unaided on the stool.
"Thanks. Well, I'd like to try the tablet. I don't know about an exoskeleton though. I'd only just gotten used to the chair. Plus the chair means we can park right next to the shops. I'm lucky though that my injury is low down. If I'd been paralysed higher up I might not have been able to sit unaided. Still, if I lose my balance I might not be able to recover so please be ready to catch me, just in case." Scotty winks at the dog and then settles his paws on the keyboard briefly before launching into a basic but lively version of "Cruella De Vil". He bobs his head in time with the music, wishing he could still sing along, although he knows he was never any good at singing anyway.

On finishing the song, without thinking, he tries to turn to see what the dog thinks and finds himself overbalancing. Opening his mouth in a silent yowl, he grabs at the keyboard, trying to avoid hitting the floor.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Fortunately for Valiant, Scotty's spinal injury is in the lumbar region so he is able to balance unaided on the stool.
"Thanks. Well, I'd like to try the tablet. I don't know about an exoskeleton though. I'd only just gotten used to the chair. Plus the chair means we can park right next to the shops. I'm lucky though that my injury is low down. If I'd been paralysed higher up I might not have been able to sit unaided. Still, if I lose my balance I might not be able to recover so please be ready to catch me, just in case." Scotty winks at the dog and then settles his paws on the keyboard briefly before launching into a basic but lively version of "Cruella De Vil". He bobs his head in time with the music, wishing he could still sing along, although he knows he was never any good at singing anyway.

On finishing the song, without thinking, he tries to turn to see what the dog thinks and finds himself overbalancing. Opening his mouth in a silent yowl, he grabs at the keyboard, trying to avoid hitting the floor.
Valiant's arms were there to grab him even before he started to fall.
"Nice performance, kitten," the wolfdog joked. "A little overdramatic on the finale, but nice performance anyway. Molto bravo."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will gave a small laugh as he added, "Uncle Paige said I'd b-be good at poker, too. He thinks I'm s-so jumpy anyway, it'd be hard to t-tell when I'm reacting to my h-hand."
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Yer know, Will... I been finking... If it's no' too rude o' me ta offer bu', wewl, I was finkin' I could give yer some actin' lessons. Actin's a big part o' what we magicians do an' I fink it could maybe 'elp yer wiv yer nerves. Er... I 'ope I 'aven't offended by offerin'..." Chris suggests half apologetically and half hopefully.

--------------------
"Heh. Thanks. But I'm really not that good. And thanks for the save. I sometimes still forget I'm, you know, paralysed. It's a gorgeous piano though. So... Was the museum this beautiful old furniture or is there more?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

I guess... How big a group is it? Ruby asked.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. Thanks. But I'm really not that good. And thanks for the save. I sometimes still forget I'm, you know, paralysed. It's a gorgeous piano though. So... Was the museum this beautiful old furniture or is there more?"
"Just get yourself ready for..." Valiant lifted the cat up and put him down onto the chair, then pushed the chair toward another door...
...and into a large room. The lights turned on automatically, revealing three round tables, as many chairs...and stands where planet-shaped jigsaw puzzles were showm each sphere a perfect reproduction of a Solar System body. The walls were framed with fantastic landscapes from other worlds.
"*This* is the museum, my cosmic exposition. I always loved other worlds. Look there!" He moved the chair toward the largest of the tables, where lay a still incomplete puzzle: Some galactic nucleus characterized by twin X-ray jets.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"A-acting? Me?" Will asked, his eyes wide. "D-do you really think I c-could? I mean, I'd be m-more than willing to try, though I'd need t-to ask my Grandpa first."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Oh, not very big, definitely less than 10," Mitch said.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, defin'ly. I 'ad a friend back 'ome in London what couldn' even ge' a single word out fer stu'erin' all da time an 'e come right when 'e 'ad some lessons, didn' 'e? I could even teach yer some magic an' get yer in my show if yer int'rested. Free o' charge, o course. I never charge fer 'elpin a friend. Bu' feel free ta fink about it. Yer don' 'ave ta decide righ' away."

--------------------
Scotty stares in wonder at the puzzles, incredulous as the many hours of work that must have gone into making this room.
"This must have taken forever!" he types.
"Which one is your favourite? And I see Rikki's wired up the lights here too." He ponders for a moment, tapping his paw on his armrest.
"Where does one buy puzzles like this? I could manage these much more easily than one of the large, flat ones." he enquires of the 3D puzzles.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

"I guess I'll come..." Ruby said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty stares in wonder at the puzzles, incredulous as the many hours of work that must have gone into making this room.
"This must have taken forever!" he types.
"Which one is your favourite? And I see Rikki's wired up the lights here too." He ponders for a moment, tapping his paw on his armrest.
"Where does one buy puzzles like this? I could manage these much more easily than one of the large, flat ones." he enquires of the 3D puzzles.
"You can buy them at www.jsaw.com. They come in every shape you want, they print them out customized beforehand. You only choose between difficulty ranking and size." Valiant pushed the chair toward a perfect reproduction of Mars. "I love this planet above the rest. Think of what could have been before its atmosphere dissipated..." He pointed at a similar-sized planet, but blue and green, just like earth. "And that's it: Mars as it could've been according to the most recent studies. What's your favorite planet?" Then he blushed slightly. "And no, it didn't take forever. I...sort of had a lot of free time before meeting Bel. Now I'm on a shorter schedule, but I always allow myself two hours before going to sleep. If you want to join me, you're welcome."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Will's eyes went alight as he heard Chris call him a friend. "Th-thank you," he answered. "I'll definitely t-talk to Grandpa about it. Though..." he added, a light chuckle escaping his mouth, "i-if i am in your show, i-it'll be a long while before I g-go anywhere near that saw trick"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Dat's okay. We can work up ta dat. Dey're really not so scary when yer know 'ow dey work dough." Chris decides not to tell Will about the new trick they've just bought since in her opinion it's far scarier than a simple sawn-in-half trick.
"We can start yer off wiv card tricks and stage banter. Teach yer 'ow ta int'ract wiv da audience an' all dat."

--------------------
"Thanks. I'd love to. Do you know, I've never thought about what might be my favourite planet..." The cat looks around at the various planets on display, thinking.
"Maybe Neptune? It's such a nice blue colour. My collar used to be a similar colour." Looking around the room, his eye lands on a few images he recognises.
"Oh, the Cat's Eye Nebula. That was always one of my favourites for obvious reasons." Scotty grins and winks at Val as he types.
"Which is your favourite non-planatary celestial body?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Thanks. I'd love to. Do you know, I've never thought about what might be my favourite planet..." The cat looks around at the various planets on display, thinking.
"Maybe Neptune? It's such a nice blue colour. My collar used to be a similar colour." Looking around the room, his eye lands on a few images he recognises.
"Oh, the Cat's Eye Nebula. That was always one of my favourites for obvious reasons." Scotty grins and winks at Val as he types.
"Which is your favourite non-planatary celestial body?"
"Well, funny as it might sound, I love back holes." He pointed at a puzzle-picture of a star. It was deformed by monstruous, invisible tidal forces, as those same forces pulled portion of its body like a string toward an invisible companion -a companion which, although invisible, was well defined by the accretion disk around it and by the powerful polar ejecta.
"The Cygnus-X1 binary system, first star/black hole ever discovered. These things are incredible, they defy all we know about stars, time and space. They are the ultimate mystery, for no matter how hard we try, we will never be able to receive information from them. And yet, they have so much to tell about what's all around them." he sighed and wagged his tail as if he was enamored.

Belisarius turned off the intercom, at that point. "Admittedly, I am not really made for that stuff. Only time I tried, I tried to gut Europa."
Cinzia went back in the kitchen. By now, the water was hot enough to prepare the drink for Frances.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch smiled.

"All right come on then," he said, waving taking a few steps and then waiting for her to follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellsward nervously shuffled the cards. Hoping he didn't ask a touchy question.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

xhunterko wrote: Fellsward nervously shuffled the cards. Hoping he didn't ask a touchy question.
Winni had her arms crossed with a raised eyebrow as if to say "You tell me".
I've always been big, thank you very much. Winni said.
---
Wiggins pulled out the uno cards and sat on the floor in front of the couch.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muppetgeek

Post by muppetgeek »

Ruby followed the red panda. "Where are we going?" She asked.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"So 'ow do we play dis game o' yers, Wiggins?" Chris asks, sitting cross-legged next to the bunny.

--------------------
Scotty nods.
"Black holes are cool. I can't get my head around all the physics but I've seen some awesome artists' renderings of them. THese puzzles, do they only come in space-themed designs or are there others too?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:Scotty nods.
"Black holes are cool. I can't get my head around all the physics but I've seen some awesome artists' renderings of them. THese puzzles, do they only come in space-themed designs or are there others too?"
As I said, you can choose your theme, size and difficulty level. What did you have in mind?"
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wiggins was looking through the cards for different colors. Seeing as there would be more pets than colors though, he began pulling out different numbered cards, then set the deck aside and began shuffling... but extremely poorly. This rabbit was horrible with shuffling cards.
Here, can you shuffle these? He asked, passing the cards to Chris. I'll give you each a card and then say which number is what. There is a specific card for the murderer and a specific card for detective. The rest of you are civilians trying to help the detective figure out who the murderer is. I'll explain the rules when the cards are passed out. Wiggins said.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Just this way," Mitch said, pointing in the direction in which he came, following it. As they got to the front door, Mitch opened it.

"Hey guys she came over! Don't crowd her okay? Her name is Ruby," Mitch said, holding the door open so she could enter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellsward facepalmed.

"Well I meant, uh, I meant, uh, that the zoo does the normal diet of uh, bamboo and such and here we eat meats and rice," Fellsward said, "So I guess I should should have said was do you like the food here so far?"
Last edited by xhunterko on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

xhunterko wrote:"Just this way," Mitch said, pointing in the direction in which he came, following it. As they got to the front door, Mitch opened it.

"Hey guys she came over! Don't crowd her okay? Her name is Ruby," Mitch said, holding the door open so she could enter.
Star looked over and slowly made his way to her. He coughed into his left paw, put it behind his back and offered his right paw, "H-hello Ruby, my name is Star. A pleasure t-to meet you."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure. Oh, I fink I know dis game, or somefin' like i' at least." Chris gives the cards an expert shuffle before offering the deck back to the rabbit as the new cat enters the room with Mitch.
"Welcome, Ruby! Come si' down! We're jus' abou' ta learn a new game! I'm Chris Mar'in. Pleasure." Chris enthuses, patting the floor near her.

--------------------
"I'm not really sure actually. I do like bird-watching so maybe something avian? Or some squirrels. They're fun to watch too. Escher has some cool art too. It would be fun to do something of his. Do you know him? Think 'Metamorphosis' and 'Relativity'." a quick web search later and Scotty shows Val a few of Escher's most famous paintings.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters