HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: HPU: Sunset Plateau

Post by Civilization »

"Nice to meet you Jessica."Meeko nodded to her. He listened to Chris, in shock. "You would pay for my meal, then offer me a place to stay, your too kind." He thought about his day. " It's been an unusual day because I am about to taste fresh food, just got offered a place to stay, and met you all. I normally get thrown out of anyplace I go."
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch tilted his head.
"What other thing?" He asked.
"W-well, just in case, mind me, but...would you mind if we raised our kits in a domestic setting as well?"
----
Hlaoroo wrote:Frances has no such training. She also takes a piece of her bread but she does spit it into the rubbish bin, bewildered by the vigorous taste of salt and noting the strange firmness of the loaf.
"Like I said. Skills. Non-existent." she raps the solid loaf on the edge of the tray, making a solid thunk. "Need a new doorstop or paperweight? What did I do wrong?" Frances is too pleased at having a new "mom" to really feel disappointed this time.
"Well, it appears that at a point in the ingredients mixing, you put salt instead of bicarbonate." Cinzia went and raised the loaf. "But, look! You made a pagnotta! So don't say that you can't cook, okay? It was a tiny mistake, and *everyone* makes mistakes while learning. But you can make bread, and you set up a delicious tortino." She put down the loaf onto the table and gave Frances a hug. You will do great. This place is a new start for you and Scotty, and you must believe it. Or I'll beat some sense in your head, hm?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"Er, okay, sure. Let's just check how far off lunch is first, and I'd better make sure it's okay with Frances. Follow me." Scotty wheels himself into the kitchen.
"Excuse me, Mrs. Leone, Moon here wants to take me to meet her mother. Her mother's an organist and I've love to hear her play. I was wondering if there's time before lunch. And if it's okay with you if I go, Frances."
"Sure, go, have fun. Text me if you get into trouble. I wonder if any of the wolves would go with you since they wanted to see some human society."
"Thanks! I will! Er, I could ask them. Do you think that's a good idea, Cinzia, about the wolves, I mean? No offence, Amadora, but I don't know how people would react to your pack..." the cat looks apologetically at the wolf and then to Cinzia expectantly.
Cinzia looked delighted. "An organist! I remember a very talented young man playing it, back in Italy, during the Sunday Mass! Sure, take your time. And if she too can join us at dinner, I'd be delighted to leave a seat for her as well.
Amadora shrugged. "I guess we cannot meet positive reactions with everyone. Explain her our situation, if you can. We'd be...honored to make her acquaintance." Her eyes didn't match the formal words, but at least she was trying.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch scooted away from Rikki to give the two some breathing room and put his hands behind his back.

"You mean, like how you were raised?" He asked.

"Also, uh, if I get too much for you, let me know. Sometimes we ferals can be one track minded, heh," he said with a blush.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:Mitch scooted away from Rikki to give the two some breathing room and put his hands behind his back.
"You mean, like how you were raised?" He asked.
"Also, uh, if I get too much for you, let me know. Sometimes we ferals can be one track minded, heh," he said with a blush.
"Please, don't be offended. Just...consider it, ok? I'd like our kits to know both our worlds: It would be unfair to raise them in one environment only."
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I-it isn't a problem," Will replied, as the three got closer to the table. "Is their anyone y-you want us to call a-about this? Your pa-er, o-owner, or a vet or s-something?"
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Blay took a sip of his water, and was about to ask Meeko something when he saw the three approaching. He got up and out of his chair to give them an extra hand with Matatabi. "Wow, dude. We should really call someone... again."
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Star gently pat Matatabi on the back, "If you want I could get some water or something while we wait..."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko smelled himself, Oh man I stink He didn't want to make the sick pet sicker, he looked at Chris, "Are you sure I'm not a bother?"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"N-no, you don't need to call anyone. I'd like some water, if that's okay with you." Matatabi replied, sighing.
----------
"Yay! Less go!" Moon said excitedly, bouncing up and down ready to go show Scotty her mommy.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Tami and the foxes walk into a diner after strolling around for a while.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

After Matatabi was seated Blay handed him his cup of water. "You sure just water is gonna help?"
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bowser was almost finished moving in, there was only one box left to unpack. He had left that one for last deliberately, the contents important.

Placing the box on his bed and opening it, a familiar vest waited inside. 'B. Preston' and 'K-9' Sewn into the fabric on one side of the chest. Carefully he hung it from a hangar in his closet. When he had returned his other equipment, they had let him keep the vest. He couldn't wear it any more, but he wasn't about to part with it.

Ten years... I suppose all good things really do come to an end. he thought to himself, letting out a sigh. Closing the closet door, and heading down stairs, he decided maybe a look around town would be good. "Chris, I'm going to take a look around." He stated tucking his keys into the pouch in his collar and heading for the door.

"Don't go getting lost, 'kay Partner?" the voice coming from the other room joked. Bowser stopped.

"I don't deserve to be called that anymore." he answered, his tone calm and neutral. But Chris knew him too well to be fooled. It was silent for a moment, broken only by footsteps.

"Yes, you do. Just because you're not riding in the car with me anymore doesn't change who you are." The voice was closer now. Bowser could feel a hand on his shoulder, the familiar gesture helping somewhat. "Retirement isn't a punishment, you know. Enjoy it."

"I..." He began to answer before pausing again. "Maybe you're right."

Showing his owner a rare smile he headed outside, not getting a full block before a peculiar scent caught his attention. There are wolves near here? I wonder where they are? He thought, taking another sniff of the air and changing course to follow the scent, trying to find it's source. You can take the dog off tracking duty, but it seems you can't take the tracker out of the dog...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Civilization wrote:"Nice to meet you Jessica."Meeko nodded to her. He listened to Chris, in shock. "You would pay for my meal, then offer me a place to stay, your too kind." He thought about his day. " It's been an unusual day because I am about to taste fresh food, just got offered a place to stay, and met you all. I normally get thrown out of anyplace I go."
Chris is puzzled. "Why would anyone frow you out? An' yer quite welcome. It's da least we could do. Dad always wanned* a ferret anyway. 'Stead 'e go' me bu' he's not complainin'. I'm sure 'e'll be glad to 'ave you!"
*wanned = wan'ed = wanted
Civilization wrote:"Are you sure I'm not a bother?"
"Yeah, 'course! Yer'll be no bovver at all! We could even teach yer some magic bu' yer'd 'ave ta promise not ta tell anyone 'ow it's done."
Chris sees Matatabi supported out of the bathroom by the other pets.
"Yer don' look good, Mat. I fink yer should call someone..." she says, pushing Will's glass of water to the cat.
"Sorry, Will. I know dat's yours bu' do you mind if Mat takes it? I'll get you anovver."

--------------------
"Pag-what now? Heh. I guess I could use having some sense beat into me. Have fun, Scotty!"
"Thanks, Mrs. Leone, Frances! I'll try not to take too long! I'll pass on your message, Amadora! Let's go, Moon!" Scotty happily wheels his chair back through the lounge, stopping near the elderly gentleman.
"Mr. Leone, could you help me out the door, please? Moon and I are going to visit her mother who's an organist and we'll see if we can bring her back for dinner on Mrs. Leone's orders."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Mr. Leone, could you help me out the door, please? Moon and I are going to visit her mother who's an organist and we'll see if we can bring her back for dinner on Mrs. Leone's orders."
Elio stood up. "You know what? I think I'll be more useful to my wife if I give her a report about this new neighbor: She loves that music so much, heh. Is that a problem if I join you, kids?" he asked, while opening the door for Scotty. "Must remember to fix this thing for you as well..."
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"I'll be fine." Matatabi said, taking the water and drinking some of it. He groaned and held his head softly.
-----------------
"Yay! Moar peepel to meet Mommy!" Moon exclaimed, bouncing out the door.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko was about to thank Chris when his stomach let out another long growl, "Sorry, but do you guys mind if I start eating?" He looked at the food with guilt in his eyes.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Albert sniffed the ground trying to pick out a scent he'd been following. Turning the last corner had not only taken him into the wind, but had led to a lot more scents too. It was like trying to pick a needle from a haystack. Several cats and dogs had walked past here recently. Although a few other animals had also come by, throwing the overall smell into utter anarchy. A scent of wolves was reasonably strong, but he could just smell what he was tracking.

Then the wind picked up and all the scents went away again. I'm never going to find them if this wind keeps up. Better find something else to do till it dies down. Besides with some wolves about I'd rather not be running around almost blindly. Albert looked at the buildings around him. Hey, a diner. I guess I could have a small snack while I wait. He checked his stash of cash in his scarf. Well, guess I could go a for something a bit larger. Albert smiled to himself.

He walked over to the diner entrance. The food smelt great compared to the pounds meals. Those were bland at best. Here though, the aroma was tantalising. As he walked in his tailed began to wag in sweeps across the doorway, thumping loudly against the door frame. He looked for the nearest occupied table and headed straight for it. He didn't even notice the foxes he'd been tracking as he walked straight past them.

Albert stopped behind a ferret that was about to enjoy his meal, before he interrupted. 'Excuse me, would you mind awfully if I were to sit with you? I'm a little nervous to sit by myself at the moment.'
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

The wind picking up was an annoyance, but not really a hindrance to Bowser. Now passing the fourth small turn off he had come across, on his trip, he could tell he was getting closer to the source of the scent.

Ahead, about a block away he could see a small white cat and a few others exiting one of the houses, and unless his nose was wrong, which it rarely was, the wolf smell was coming from that direction...

"Hmmm..."
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, I don't mind at all really," Mitch said, holding Rikki's paw, "Well, provided they're still with family of course. You mean like here with your folks?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"May I help you?" A panda scout of medium build, with long whiskers, asked Bowser from behind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The group of trackers in the diner were now silent. Some of them looking around. The youngest looking towards the cash register often. One scratched his head. Though it was clear, the pandas were a tad unsure of how to act in a said diner. The younger one waving to the new pets as they came in.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

"I don't mind i-if he has my water, I h-have juice anyway." Will looked around as he grabbed his order and saw the additional pet that hadn't been their when he had went for Matatabi in the restroom. "O-oh, um, h-hi," he greeted, his stuttering increasing just a tad at the new face. "I'm W-will."

(Edit: hadn't realized the food had already come)
Last edited by Pecan on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Allan couldn't help but gaze around at the diner, eager to make some new friends. He notices the large number of pets sitting together."Oh?.. Hey look Andy... A large band of pets... Let's go meet em'. Allan says as he gently grabs his brother's wrist.

"What!? No!... It's a big group.... I might embarrass myself or something...". Andy tries to resist but Allan manages to bring Andy in front oh him and pushes him from behind, bringing them both closer.

Have fun kids! Tami says as she looks at the menu.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bowser's ear twitched slightly, the only sign that he hadn't expected the voice. Right, I'm downwind, anyone behind me would be hidden... Clumsy. Turning to look behind himself, he sees the unfamiliar animal. He's never encountered a red panda before, mistaking the scout for some kind of odd colored raccoon.

"Perhaps." He answers plainly, "This place is very different from Sausalito, I'm still learning the layout."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Sure! We'd be glad to have you! You might save us from getting lost." Scotty jokes before wheeling himself to the door.
"Oh, you don't have to go to any extra trouble for me. Er... Well, maybe a little. Could you help me down that step please, just so I don't fall out?" he queries, pointing to the low drop to the path beyond the threshold.
"So what kind of organ music does Mrs. Leone like? Traditional pipe organ stuff or jazzy Hammond organ or a bit of both?"

--------------------
"Yer don' look too fine, Mat. Still, can't force yer. Sure, Meeko. Er... Yer food 'asn't come yet bu' here, 'ave my fries and den when your meal comes I'll 'ave your fries. Deal?" Chris slides her plate across so it's between her and Meeko. She looks up as the new dog speaks.
"Er, sure. I'm okay wiv it if everyone else is. Yer might 'ave ta pull over anovver table dough so yer can fit. I'm Chris Mar'in. What's your name?" Her vision blocked by the dog, Chris doesn't see the foxes approaching behind him.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'Thank you, my name's Albert. I'm sort of new around here.' Albert looked over to the next empty table. 'I'll just grab that table there then.' He walked over and started to drag over the table when he noticed the two foxes that were right behind him. 'Hey, foxes!' Albert's tail started wagging excitedly again.

RP Character(s)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

"Thanks." Meeko picks up some fries, Wow, warm food. He takes a bite out of the food. The fries were warm and Meeko could actually taste the favor. He quickly eats the rest of the fries in his paw. Then he quickly grabbed another pawful and wolfed it down. He realized that he should stop and looked around. "WOW. That's what fresh food tastes like."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

HoundInATree wrote:'Thank you, my name's Albert. I'm sort of new around here.' Albert looked over to the next empty table. 'I'll just grab that table there then.' He walked over and started to drag over the table when he noticed the two foxes that were right behind him. 'Hey, foxes!' Albert's tail started wagging excitedly again.
Looks away shyly before looking back at his brother."Um... is he talking to us?..."

Allan wraps his arm around his brother. "Don't be shy, just return the greeting."

Allan waves his hand in the air, "Hi there buddy. Need a hand?" Andy waves his hand shyly, only slightly raising it.
My Personas

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Matatabi rested his head on Chris's shoulder and looked at Meeko. "Hi Meeko is it? I'm Matatabi, but you can just call me Mat." he greeted.
------------
"Tis wai!" Moon exclaimed, bouncing towards her house.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

69eist wrote:Looks away shyly before looking back at his brother."Um... is he talking to us?..."

Allan wraps his arm around his brother. "Don't be shy, just return the greeting."

Allan waves his hand in the air, "Hi there buddy. Need a hand?" Andy waves his hand shyly, only slightly raising it.
"I can handle the table, do you think you could pull up some chairs?" Albert pushed and heaved the table in place. "Out of curiosity, what brings you two foxes into town?"

RP Character(s)
69eist

Post by 69eist »

HoundInATree wrote:\"I can handle the table, do you think you could pull up some chairs?" Albert pushed and heaved the table in place. "Out of curiosity, what brings you two foxes into town?"
Allan wags his tail and smiles"Sure!" Allan moves quickly to pick up some chairs, Andy doesn't react for a moment, just noticing he was standing alone he rushes to his brother to help, shyly running towards him.

"We just moved into town. This is our first day here." Andy picks up a chair behind Allan, trying to hide himself from view.
Last edited by 69eist on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Well, I don't mind at all really," Mitch said, holding Rikki's paw, "Well, provided they're still with family of course. You mean like here with your folks?"
Rikki nodded. "They'll get the best of both worlds, so that they can be good citizens and fine tribesemen. I *do* think that being just city pets would soften them too much. Instead, with the help and the knowledge of your family they will learn precious survival skills."
---
Hlaoroo wrote:"Sure! We'd be glad to have you! You might save us from getting lost." Scotty jokes before wheeling himself to the door.
"Oh, you don't have to go to any extra trouble for me. Er... Well, maybe a little. Could you help me down that step please, just so I don't fall out?" he queries, pointing to the low drop to the path beyond the threshold.
"So what kind of organ music does Mrs. Leone like? Traditional pipe organ stuff or jazzy Hammond organ or a bit of both?"
Elio did as asked. "Nonsense: It was on the to-do-list anyway, one day we'll be needing a ramp and a better door ourselves. We're not getting any younger, nor stronger, heh."
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko quickly took another paw full of fries and ate them quickly too. "Nice to meet you Mat, sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances." He then grabbed more fries and began to eat at a fast rate.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Oh, I don't believe that! You can't be a day over fifty!" Scotty grins as he's lifted down the step. "So does Mrs. Leone like jazz organ or pipe organ or both? You never said." The cat wheels his chair after Moon, looking to see that Elio is following. He pauses long enough to enquire as to whether or not Moon's mother is a performer before continuing down the street.

--------------------
"Heh. Not bad, 'ey, Meeko? Be'er dan stale an' cold, righ'?" grins Chris, licking a bit of sauce off her chin. "Yer might wanna slow down a bi' dough or yer'll make yerself sick. Oh, hi, boys." she waves to the foxes.
"Do join us! If yer didn't 'ere before I'm Chris Mar'in and dat's everyone else."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

valerio

Post by valerio »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Oh, I don't believe that! You can't be a day over fifty!" Scotty grins as he's lifted down the step. "So does Mrs. Leone like jazz organ or pipe organ or both? You never said." The cat wheels his chair after Moon, looking to see that Elio is following. He pauses long enough to enquire as to whether or not Moon's mother is a performer before continuing down the street.
"Well, she used to perform during the mass, with the Pipe organ. She's a real angel with the keyboard. But with age, her hands are no longer just agile enough to do the work, though I'm sure she can pull a good song if you insisted." He winked at the cat.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Yeah, that would've been nice." Matatabi said, rubbing his head. "So, you live by yourself?" he asked.
------
"Thair eet iss!" Moon exclaimed, bouncing over to her house.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Heh. Not bad, 'ey, Meeko? Be'er dan stale an' cold, righ'?" grins Chris, licking a bit of sauce off her chin. "Yer might wanna slow down a bi' dough or yer'll make yerself sick. Oh, hi, boys." she waves to the foxes. "Do join us! If yer didn't 'ere before I'm Chris Mar'in and dat's everyone else."
Allan smiles in delight "Why thank you Chris. We'd love to join you guys." Andy tries to sneak past his brother, trying to rejoin Tammy but Allan notices and picks him up by grabbing his back fur
My Personas

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Edited. Forgot someone. -.-

"Yeah they will," Mitch said, smiling, then after a stomach gurgle, "Um, would your mother be cross if I made us some sandwiches for lunch?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the arrival of the foxes, the four red pandas in the diner quickly jerked up to watch them. Then relaxed when they noticed the collars.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, well you seemed to be looking for something more specific though. Can I help with that at all?" the red panda asked Bowser
Last edited by xhunterko on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

'I'm just going to go and order a meal.' Albert pulled at his scarf trying to find his cash stash. 'Is there anything I can order for any of you?' Albert still pulled at his scarf, making it looser and looser. Where the devil has it gotten tangled up now. His scarf was more or less draped around his shoulders when he pulled out the roll of notes, showing off the silvery fur of his collarless neck. 'I knew I hadn't lost it.' Albert then wrapped his scarf back around his neck. 'So, did anyone want anything again?'

RP Character(s)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Meeko slowed down on eating the french fries, "I appreciate the concern, sorry. The food here is way better than the stuff in the trash." Meeko looked back at the new arrivals, "No need to be shy, we're all friendly here." He said as he watched one of the foxes try and turn away. He turned back to Mat, "I guess you could say that, Chris here was way to nice to offer me a place to stay though."
69eist

Post by 69eist »

"Actually, we already gave our orders to our Mom. You could go join her in line or give her our order. Hey Andy, wait here while I-"

Andy notices the red pandas jerk a little and feels uneasy and grabs onto Allan's fur. "Those pandas are watching us..." By the time Adam turned to look, the pandas seemed to have relaxed.

"Silly little rascal, you're probably just hungry." Allan rubs his brother's head a little.
My Personas

valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:"Yeah they will," Mitch said, smiling, then after a stomach gurgle, "Um, would your mother be cross if I made us some sandwiches for lunch?"
Rikki patted her thighs and stood up. "Luckily, as a lady of the house, I am allowed to fix food. Remember, the kitchen is her kingdom and she won't allow any male to touch the food. Any preference?"